Whoever Fights Monsters...   Posted by The Marshall.Group: 0
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 player, 452 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Tue 22 Mar 2016
at 08:44
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 932):

Seeing that no one was taking Jason up on his idea, Schaeffer began looking for tracks. After a while he gave up. "Scheisse. Too many people have been through here. I cannot find any other clear path."
Feldwebel Laurin Knapp
 NPC, 22 posts
 Fernspaeher
 German Ranger
Tue 22 Mar 2016
at 08:45
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 934):

Looking at the wall, Knapp said, thoughtfully, "I have enough C8 to blow through that wall, there. We could just make our own door, ya?"
Peter Firecrow
 player, 701 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Wed 23 Mar 2016
at 16:27
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
Peter shook his head but acquiesced with a shrug of his shoulders. "Fine. As you wish. Make a door instead. I assume they already know we are following them, this would just give them a clearer marker."
Increase Trask
 player, 65 posts
 Robo Hunter
Wed 23 Mar 2016
at 20:10
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
In reply to Feldwebel Laurin Knapp (msg # 935):

"Another explosion might trigger it off and we still have the same problem. I am not advocating that anyone put there life on the line, but either way there is still a good chance the roof will come down." Trask has retreated across the room to the door they came in by.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 20:11, Wed 23 Mar 2016.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 318 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Wed 23 Mar 2016
at 20:39
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
"I just know that Knapp doesn't feel comfortable with disarming that thing. I know nothing about bombs except to call in bomb squad. Bomb squad is done with. If you guys got a better idea I am willing to hear it." Jason says as he looks around the area around the exit for another door heading in the same direction.
The Marshall
 GM, 2268 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sun 27 Mar 2016
at 08:02
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 938):

There were doors to the right and left of the suspected bobby-trapped entry into the Combine base of operations.

The doors on the right led into offices. A simple map (for fire evacuation) on the wall seemed to indicate that storage areas opening off to the left were adjacent to the cisterns.

One door to the left led into a long corridor. Once in the corridor, they could see obvious blood trails. It seems that bodies from the fight outside in the concourse (whoever they were) had been dragged down the concrete hallway and through the door at the end.

The metal door was marked "Toxic Storage Area: Wear Protective Gear" with both skull and crossbones and corrosive materials warning signs. If they passed through the subsequent open area they would find a hatch into the cistern area.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 player, 454 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Wed 30 Mar 2016
at 20:10
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 939):

"Knapp, examine the door for traps.

"If it's clear, Mr. Panzer-Pants takes the lead and goes through it. Come on, let's not stand around and shuffle our feet here!"

Schaeffer slung his sniper rifle and readied his M4 Carbine.



Suppressed AR-10/M4 SA Carbine
Increase Trask
 player, 66 posts
 Robo Hunter
Wed 30 Mar 2016
at 20:26
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...

Trask leads the way as instructed. His rifle is at his shoulder as he moves through the corridors and rooms looking for further traps and the like.

His eyes flash to his sensors every now and then or if he spots something in the gloom.
Feldwebel Laurin Knapp
 NPC, 23 posts
 Fernspaeher
 German Ranger
Wed 30 Mar 2016
at 21:08
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 940):

Knapp checked the door.

"It's safe."

14:08, Today: Feldwebel Laurin Knapp rolled 8 using 5d10, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max with rolls of 4,8,4,3,5.  Demolitions.

Peter Firecrow
 player, 703 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Thu 31 Mar 2016
at 19:07
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
Peter kept silent to let those checking for traps work without distraction. Since he was no longer tasked with staying at the front with Knapp and Trask was taking the lead, he decided to drop back to rear guard once more. He brought the rifle up as he scanned the room they were about to leave one more time.
The Marshall
 GM, 2272 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 02:58
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
At Trask's nudgiing, the steel doors opened with a squeal into a dark concrete chamber lined with catwalks over large open vats. A maze of plastic pipes dropped from the ceiling into the vats. The floor was littered with trash, empty plastic drums lay scattered near the rear vats.

There were eight vats in the room. Four seemed empty, but the rear four had something in the bottom that gave off a soft, sickly green glow. There was also a definite chemical odour in the air, sharper than you'd expect given these levels were abandoned over a decade ago.

Water or some other liquid coursed through unseen conduits hidden in the walls or ceiling, filling this area with noise.

Two steel doors led off each from the right and left walls, with two more at the rear of the chamber.
Smoker Nix
 player, 807 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 08:41
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
Smoker sniffed the air.

"I don't think I want to know what's in those vats."
Vundra
 player, 224 posts
 Junker
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 10:34
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
Even if other might not want to know what the stuff is, they peek Vundra's curiosity and he moves clos3r to one of the barrel to try find out what it might contain. If it seems interesting, Vundra is going to scoop some up with his bottle.

Ooc:Vundra rolled 6 using 5d12-4, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max with rolls of 10,4,1,3,10.  Science! (10 if it occult related)

This message was last edited by the player at 10:36, Tue 05 Apr 2016.

Increase Trask
 player, 67 posts
 Robo Hunter
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 19:58
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...

Trask continues forward stopping when the group does and taking the time to check over his sensors. He moves closer to the first door on the right and tries to see if it also has been tampered with.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 704 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 20:07
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
Peter hung back a bit, letting the others move ahead. When they stopped to check out the vats (well, some of them anyway), he made no move towards the vats himself. He didn't want anything that might be left in a vat most likely, thank you very much. He kept his attention on the surroundings.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 322 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 20:44
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
"What in Sam Hill's name are you doin' there you crazy Junker? You do realize that it is likely toxic as all hell." Jason moves closer to Vundra to cover him in case of monster ambush.
Jane Guin
 player, 686 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 12:37
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
The Marshall:
At Trask's nudgiing, the steel doors opened with a squeal into a dark concrete chamber lined with catwalks over large open vats. A maze of plastic pipes dropped from the ceiling into the vats. The floor was littered with trash, empty plastic drums lay scattered near the rear vats.

There were eight vats in the room. Four seemed empty, but the rear four had something in the bottom that gave off a soft, sickly green glow. There was also a definite chemical odour in the air, sharper than you'd expect given these levels were abandoned over a decade ago.

Water or some other liquid coursed through unseen conduits hidden in the walls or ceiling, filling this area with noise.

Two steel doors led off each from the right and left walls, with two more at the rear of the chamber.


"Take it easy guys.  Did you hear that?  It almost sounded like gunfire coming from that first door on the left."
The Marshall
 GM, 2274 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 8 Apr 2016
at 01:33
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
Trask moved up to the door on the right to check it. As this door presumably led to the cistern area they were headed towards, this was a natural choice.

Whatever was in the plastic drums was unfamiliar to Vundra. It was clear they once held some sort of corrosive, toxic fluid, according to the warning labels. But now they seemed empty. As the junker and ex-Ranger got closer to the vats at the end of the room, they could sort of start to smell something worse than chemicals. The smell of something rotting.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 player, 455 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Sat 9 Apr 2016
at 10:55
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
Jane Guin:
"Take it easy guys.  Did you hear that?  It almost sounded like gunfire coming from that first door on the left."


Schaeffer looked over. "Ya, that is odd. I would guess it's the Combine fighting... someone, but their lair I should think is over to the right. Opposite side. There's no one else down here we know of.

"Knapp, cover the right side of the room with Trask."


Keeping his M4 at low-ready Schaeffer moved over to where Jane was listening.

"Ya, definitely. I hear much gunfire. Several calibres, automatic weapon fire.

"Peter. Should we investigate this door and find the source of this noise, or try a more direct route?"

Jason Sinclair
 player, 327 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Sat 9 Apr 2016
at 14:53
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 952):

"Hey guys there is somethin' recently dead here. I don't think we are completely alone here." he says as he drops the P-90c on it's sling and draws Evanor.
Jane Guin
 player, 691 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sat 9 Apr 2016
at 17:20
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 952):

Jane looked over at Schaeffer and Peter.  "Remember that if you go in a rush, you might have two sides firing upon you instead of only one.  Plan accordingly."
Peter Firecrow
 player, 705 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Sat 9 Apr 2016
at 19:07
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
Peter opened his mouth but then frowned and looked at Jason. "Can you please be more specific? In HERE, as in, in this room with us, or nearby?" He shook his head. "No rushing. Everyone stay together-ish." He took a few steps towards the first left door but stayed back until he got confirmation from Jason.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 328 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Sun 10 Apr 2016
at 01:56
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
Jason peers into the murk still not seeing anything. "In the room near me and Vundra. We obviously have company nearby or what else is making that noise."
Vundra
 player, 227 posts
 Junker
Sun 10 Apr 2016
at 03:46
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
As the group get ready for trouble, Vundra draws his weapon." I dont see anything back here ye..yet, i mean i dont see anything in the room we are in yet."

Vundra realise that he just did the same thing Peter asked them not to do.
The Marshall
 GM, 2279 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Tue 12 Apr 2016
at 06:25
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
looking around, Vundra and Jason couldn't see anything.

Now that he was made aware of it, Peter could smell what was obviously rotting corpses, maybe weeks old. Behnd Vundra he could just see something moving in the vat. A slimy black hand grapsed the rim, something inside was pulling itself out...

Marshall's Note: Seems like a good time to switch threads! Only Peter may act and draw a card for initiative. Everyone else must wait until the start of next turn to make a Guts check vs TN5 to act.

Please post in the new thread. Even if you are not acting, at least make it clea where your PC is located in the room!

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:28, Tue 12 Apr 2016.