Whoever Fights Monsters...   Posted by The Marshall.Group: 0
The Marshall
 GM, 2186 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 13 Nov 2015
at 22:17
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...

                                  Exit Tunnels

                   |  |        |xxx|        |xx |         |  |
                  _|x |________|x x|________| xx|_________| x|
                 |   x        xx xxxPlatform xx x          x |
                 |  x    __ _x__ xxx_x______x x x___ ___  x  |
                 |   [] |  "  x | x|        |xx|    "   |    O
                 |   [] |       |x_|  Ramps |x_|        |    [
                 |   [] |      x           xx          =    [
                 |      =                      x  [TTTT]|    [
                 |   [] |                               |    O
                 |      =                            x  = x  [
                 |   [] |[TTTT]              x  x       |    [
                 |    x =                         [TTTT]| x  O
                 |   [] |                     x         =  x [
                 |   [] |x                      x [TTTT]|    [
                 |    x =      1                  [TTTT]|  x O
                 |   []x|x                        [TTTT]| x  [
                 |  x[]x=        S                      =    [
                 |   [] | x      3                      | x  [
                 |__x___=x_ _  S   ____________________2=____[
                             | 4  |
                             |    |
                             |    |

   |____|
   0   10 Yards

  " = : Ladders
  S   : SUV
 []   : Dumpster/grabage compactor
[TTTT]: Trailer, no tractor

  1   : Trask
  2   : Schaeffer/Knapp
  3   : Peter/Jane/Rowan
  4   : Jason/Smoker/Vundra


Rowan Dawson
 player, 1204 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 13 Nov 2015
at 23:28
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 784):

Rowan lying flat for stability aimed and fired at each trog as she saw it,
Taking the one infront of her on the left first
23:30, Today: Rowan Dawson rolled 9 using 4d10, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max ((3,5,9,9)).

This message was last edited by the player at 23:31, Fri 13 Nov 2015.

COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 player, 430 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Sat 14 Nov 2015
at 22:12
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
The Colonel had not expected trogs, but it made things easier. He took half a step back and shot at the trog up on the loading dock, as usual going for a head shot. To make sure of his target, he put another round into the trogs chest.


The Colonel
near ladder
M4 (18/20)
Action 1: Shoot trog in head. Shoot trog in chest
Action 2: held action(

Vundra
 player, 204 posts
 Junker
Fri 20 Nov 2015
at 16:18
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
Vundra hit the button and sned a pulse flying at the group of trog right in front of him. The gun make and electrical noise before sending a large purple blob flying with a loud "WHOOMP" sound.


OOC: Action1: Shooting stright at the largest group of thing he can see. The projectile have a 10 yard blast radius,decaying 1 dice per blast radius away.
Action 2 : Hold.
-6.5 GR, 53.5/60 in cannon.

The Marshall
 GM, 2197 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 20 Nov 2015
at 21:31
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
The groups piling down the entry tunnels and ramps in front here hit hard. Machinegun fire from Jane, Trask and the two SUV-mounted NA SAWs raked the ones coming through the "funnels of death" (entranceways) chopping them down in the narrow confines.

On the right, the Colonel dropped the closest Trog up on the platform with two shots from his suppressed M4. It stumbled and bonelessly flopped down, rolling to a stop in front of him and spraying him with warm blood. Beside him, Knapp also opened up with her G22. There was a loud "BWAP-BWAP!" as the rotating breech block cycled two 3-round bursts of caseless rounds so fast they sounded like single shots, barrel floating back into the plastic receiver to absorb the recoil and also hide the muzzle flash. She hit one of her targets but missed the other.

On the left, Smoker and Peter each shot at the closest Trogs, and they went down. From under the SUV in front of them, Rowan took out a third as she shot to the side. A little after, Vundra's Voxar cannon crackled and spat a purple blob that seemed to kind of float lazily over the pavement, lighting up bits of trash and graffiti as it passed by (obviously, it was giving off a lot of Ultra-Violet or UV-A light). When it hit, the blob exploded with a brilliant flash, scattering its victims like tenpins that bounced off the walls and each other in the confined spaces. This explosion took out three up on the platform by the dumpsters and garbage compactors. Jason held his fire, opening up on the sole surviving Trog of the first wave on the left as it drew near, cutting it down with a burst from his HK P90c.

The closest Trog had managed to almost reach Trask. It was massive and muscular. In both hands it raised a club made from a stop sign embedded in a chunk of concrete with rusty iron rebar pipes sticking out over its head, ready to bring it down on Trask's head!

Behind it, half the attacking wave had gone down as casualties, wounded or dead. But there were dozens left, still charging forward as they hopped (or staggered) over the bodies of the fallen. Regular units could take roughly 20% casualties before they broke off an attack, irregulars needed to take only a few dead or wounded before breaking or fleeing. But the Trogs were clearly no longer operating under normal human rules of morale, and it was entirely possible they would keep coming until they were all dead.

                                  Exit Tunnels

                   |  |        |   |        |   |         |  |
                  _|  |________|   |________|   |_________|  |
                 |                  Platform                 |
                 |       __ ____ x  ________ xx ____ ___     |
                 |x  [] |  "    |  |        |  |    "   |    O
                 | x [] |       |_x|  Ramps |x_|   x    |    [
                 |  x[] |   x                     x  x =    [
                 |      =     x   x         x     [TTTT]|    [
                 |   [] |        x                      |    O
                 |      =      x          x             =    [
                 |   [] |[TTTT]                  x      |    [
                 |      =               x  x   x  [TTTT]|    O
                 |   [] |  x                      xx    =    [
                 |   [] |     x        x          [TTTT]|    [
                 |      =      1            x     [TTTT]|    O
                 |   [] |                         [TTTT]|    [
                 |   [] =   x    S                     x=    [
                 |   [] |        3                      |    [
                 |__ ___=____  S   ____________________2=____[
                             | 4  |
                             |    |
                             |    |

   |____|
   0   10 Yards

  " = : Ladders
  S   : SUV
 []   : Dumpster/grabage compactor
[TTTT]: Trailer, no tractor

  1   : Trask
  2   : Schaeffer/Knapp
  3   : Peter/Jane/Rowan
  4   : Jason/Smoker/Vundra


This message was last edited by the GM at 21:39, Fri 20 Nov 2015.

Increase Trask
 player, 41 posts
 Robo Hunter
Fri 20 Nov 2015
at 23:45
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...

The red triangle was growing larger as Trask continued to fire a burst towards his other target. He swings the SAW and fires a couple of bursts again at the large Trog moving towards him. If he drops him with the first he will fire on the Trog behind him. Trask also turns on the crowd control with a flick of his eye against the HUD.

Increase Trask rolled 5 using 4d8, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max with rolls of 4,5,3,5.  Initiative.

Increase Trask rolled 9 using 5d12, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max with rolls of 1,1,9,5,2.  Shootin

12:43, Today: Increase Trask rolled 11 using 5d12, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max with rolls of 4,1,11,2,4.  Shootin.

The Marshall
 GM, 2198 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sat 21 Nov 2015
at 10:04
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
It was incredibly loud, confusing and chaotic in the chamber. The hammering of gunfire echoed off concrete walls, and the strobing of muzzle flashes in almost every direction were continuous. Red hot spent casings rained down everywhere with a hellish ringing. In front of the vehicles, streams pf red (from the M249A5s), green (M260) and pink (Jane's Hellfire SAW) tracers criss-crossed and raked back and forth). Gunpowder, vehicle exhaust and the stink of spraying blood and bowels releasing in their filth in the throes of death formed a nauseating wave of smell.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:05, Sat 21 Nov 2015.

COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 player, 435 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Mon 23 Nov 2015
at 22:51
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
Turning to his left, the Colonel shot two times at the trog that had appeared there, again aiming for the mutants head. After he had serviced his first target, Shaeffer turned slightly more to the left to take two shots at the closest trog running towards the first SUV. One head shot, one center of mass shot to make sure.


OOC:
The Colonel
near ladder
Suppressed M4 (14/20)
Action One: Shoot trog in head twice.
Action Two: Shoot at trog running towards SUV.
One Action held for defensive purposes.

Smoker Nix
 player, 783 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Tue 24 Nov 2015
at 08:51
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
Smoker stayed hunkered down behind the SUV, steadied his aim on the single trog nearby to the left, inhaled, exhaled and fired at it.

OCC: As in, one action aiming & one firing.
Jane Guin
 player, 655 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 26 Nov 2015
at 17:18
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 792):


Jane did a quick check to see that she had plenty of ammo and then went back to mowing crowd control if she didn't have to reload.  Obviously if she had to reload she'd do that first.

ooc:

reload if necessary
crowd control afterwards or if not needing to reload (ie, entryway tunnels and ramps like before)

Peter Firecrow
 player, 679 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Thu 26 Nov 2015
at 17:30
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
Leaving it to his comrades with him to take care of the one or two trogs still 'somewhat close by' on their left, Peter, turned to the right and began picking off trogs that were trying to close in on them and Schaeffer.

OOC: Using Advanced Combat Rifle, 24 rounds remaining.
Action 1: Shooting Trog with ACR.
Action 2: Shooting Trog with ACR.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:46, Thu 26 Nov 2015.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 278 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Thu 26 Nov 2015
at 21:53
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
Jason pauses and sizes up the threats. He takes, but a second to focus and snaps off a burst at the nearest trog.

OOC

Action 1 Aim
Action 2 Fire a burst. P-90c
  15:53, Today: Jason Sinclair rolled 6 using 4d4, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max ((3,2,(4+2)6,1)).


This message was last edited by the player at 21:55, Thu 26 Nov 2015.

Rowan Dawson
 player, 1208 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 26 Nov 2015
at 22:24
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
Jason Sinclair:
Jason pauses and sizes up the threats. He takes, but a second to focus and snaps off a burst at the nearest trog.

OOC

Action 1 Aim
Action 2 Fire a burst. P-90c
  15:53, Today: Jason Sinclair rolled 6 using 4d4, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max ((3,2,(4+2)6,1)).


Rowan takes the next target on her side Aiming
Then firing a three round burst into the creature
Vundra
 player, 207 posts
 Junker
Sat 28 Nov 2015
at 08:21
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
Vundra slowly re-positions after his first shot and wait for another window to shoot again.

OOC
Sleeving my single action :P
53.5/60 in cannon.

The Marshall
 GM, 2205 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 30 Nov 2015
at 07:22
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...

                                  Exit Tunnels

                   |  |        |   |        |   |         |  |
                  _|  |________|X  |________|   |_________|  |
                 |                  Platform                 |
                 |       __ ____    ________    ____ ___     |
                 |   [] |  "    |  |        |  |    "   |    O
                 |   [] |       |__|  Ramps |__|        |    [
                 |   [] |                              =    [
                 |      =       x         xx      [TTTT]|    [
                 |   [] |         x            x        |    O
                 |      =      x      x     x x         =    [
                 |x x[] |[TTTT]         x               |    [
                 | x    =         x               [TTTT]|    O
                 |   [] |     x       x                 =    [
                 |   [] |                         [TTTT]|    [
                 |      =      1                  [TTTT]|    O
                 |   [] |                         [TTTT]|    [
                 |   [] =        S                      =    [
                 |   [] |        3                      |    [
                 |__ ___=____  S   ____________________2=____[
                             | 4  |
                             |    |
                             |    |

   |____|
   0   10 Yards

  " = : Ladders
  S   : SUV
 []   : Dumpster/grabage compactor
[TTTT]: Trailer, no tractor

  1   : Trask
  2   : Schaeffer/Knapp
  3   : Peter/Jane/Rowan
  4   : Jason/Smoker/Vundra



In front of the firing line, the trog on Trask swung and connected with his massive club. Trask didn't even feel the massive blow on his armour, which could, after all, practically shrug off 35mm chain-gun fire. In return, he walked the bursts from his M260 SAW into the trog and chopped him ((her? It?) almost in half. Blood decorated his ceramic-polymer chestplate as the Stop sign club went flying past him.

The concrete cavern was filled with the sights, smells and sound of gunfire. There were a couple of particularly loud gunshots. After, the voume of outgoing fire diminished.  Schaffer easily took out the trog that was close-in, then another approaching the SUV. Knappe held her fire, switching back to cover the loading dock with her G22 so they did not get flanked from the right. Smoker carefully aimed his FN and the rifle kicked as he pulled the trigger. His target fell down, dropping his spear.

Trogs still came on and were cut down. Jason took one down with a burst from his P90, as did Rowan with her AK. Peter's first burst from the ACR's 5.56mm rifle hit and staggered a trog, who recovered and kept coming before his second burst put him down. Jane's burst from her HI Hellfire SAW took down three!

Unfortunately, it seemed fewer were going down the closer they came. the reason seemed to be the SAW gunners on the SUVs had stopped firing. Sensing how desperate the situation was becoming, Buck pulled out a hand grenade and threw it at a group of four trogs coming in from the left. "GRENADE!" he yelled as he pulled the pin and threw it. They all went down in a flash and shower sparks  from the detonation. Everyone was hit by the shockwave in the confined space, but there were still more trogs and they kept coming.


OOC: New Init rolls, please.

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:16, Mon 30 Nov 2015.

Vundra
 player, 209 posts
 Junker
Mon 30 Nov 2015
at 12:12
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
Vundra braces his gun against the car and send another pulse of energy at the group of trog to the right.

Actions:2
1:Brace the gun(do i need to do this every time i shoot?)
2: shoot the cannon
sleeve card
-6.5: 47/60 in cannon.

Increase Trask
 player, 44 posts
 Robo Hunter
Mon 30 Nov 2015
at 18:42
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...

"Now that is going to scratch the paint job you nasty little bugger." Trask said as the large Trogg fell away. He lined up another one to the front and fired off a burst and then two more at his companions as the red triangles danced over his HUD.

Increase Trask
Out Front and have takin a knee

SAW 7.62mm [?/?]
Firing on three closest Troggs




Increase Trask rolled 11 using 5d12, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max with rolls of 5,10,11,2,8.  Shootin
Increase Trask rolled 11 using 5d12, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max with rolls of 2,3,4,11,9.  Shootin.
Increase Trask rolled 25 using 5d12, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max with rolls of 4,4,(12+12+1)25,11,(12+8)20.  Shootin.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 18:47, Mon 30 Nov 2015.

COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 player, 438 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Tue 1 Dec 2015
at 11:15
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
On the right flank the Colonel made a tactical reload and tried to identify the new firing sounds. That done, he moved towards the left corner of the neares trailer.



OOC:

The Colonel
M4 (20/20)
Action 1: reload
Action 2: move
One card held for defensive purposes.

Rowan Dawson
 player, 1210 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Tue 1 Dec 2015
at 19:06
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 801):

Rowan
Action 1 Aims at Trog nearest right
Action 2 Shoots it Burst three
         19:06, Today: Rowan Dawson rolled 9 using 4d10, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max ((9,7,1,5)).
         19:08, Today: Rowan Dawson rolled 8 using 4d10, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max with rolls of 7,8,8,3.  shooting.
         19:08, Today: Rowan Dawson rolled 4 using 4d10, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max with rolls of 3,4,4,1.  Shooting.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:09, Tue 01 Dec 2015.

Peter Firecrow
 player, 683 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Tue 1 Dec 2015
at 20:58
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
Peter thought enough was enough. They were burning through lots of ammo with this fight, and for what? They didn't need to waste this kind of time, especially when the trogs weren't their targets. Granted, nobody really liked trogs and trogs pretty much ate everybody they could, but even so.

Peter loaded a different round, one in to the underchamber of the gun, and let loose towards the biggest concentration of trogs without, hopefully, endangering his allies.

OOC: Peter
 Using Advanced Combat Rifle, 24 rounds remaining.

Action 1: Load APER round.
Action 2: Fire an APER in to the Trog wave.

The Marshall
 GM, 2210 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 4 Dec 2015
at 22:05
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...

                                  Exit Tunnels

                   |  |        |   |        |   |         |  |
                  _|  |________|   |________|   |_________|  |
                 |                  Platform                 |
                 |       __ ____    ________    ____ ___     |
                 |   [] |  "    |  |        |  |    "   |    O
                 |   [] |       |__|  Ramps |__|        |    [
                 |   [] |                               =    [
                 |      =                         [TTTT]|    [
                 |   [] |                               |    O
                 |      =                               =    [
                 |   [] |[TTTT]                         |    [
                 |      =                         [TTTT]|    O
                 |   [] |                               =    [
                 |   [] |                         [TTTT]|    [
                 |      =      1                  [TTTT]|    O
                 |   [] |                         [TTTT]|    [
                 |   [] =        S                      =    [
                 |   [] |        3                      |    [
                 |__ ___=____  S   ____________________2=____[
                             | 4  |
                             |    |
                             |    |

   |____|
   0   10 Yards

  " = : Ladders
  S   : SUV
 []   : Dumpster/grabage compactor
[TTTT]: Trailer, no tractor

  1   : Trask
  2   : Schaeffer/Knapp
  3   : Peter/Jane/Rowan
  4   : Jason/Smoker/Vundra



Smoker, Rowan and Jason kept shooting the trogs in front of them, mowing down those charging directly at them. Despite the fact the SUV's SAW-gunners seemed to have stopped shooting, Jane and Trask still kept up a deadly fully-automatic crossfire. There was another purple flash as Vundra's Voxar cannon scattered the last group of charging trogs. Pretty much all of those on the ground level were wiped out, killed or wounded.

ACR in hand, Peter realised that adding his 20mm APERS to the carnage would be overkill. He looked for other targets. Peter realised that no one was engaging the trio of Trogs on the left, up on the loading dock above them. Normally, they would be difficult to hit with an explosive round because it would travel past them. But the APERS round coupled with the ACR's laser rangefinder allowed him to dial-in exactly in where he wanted the round to detonate. He fired the top 20mm barrel, and the APERS round exploded in midair at head height by the Trogs on the left, taking them out.

Schaeffer reached the end of the trailer in time to see the last trogs go down. Knapp stayed where she was, covering the entrances on the right.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1211 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 4 Dec 2015
at 22:09
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 804):

Rowan checks around here and collects her used carts. Then checks the MG Gunners as to why they stopped firing
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 player, 439 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Fri 4 Dec 2015
at 22:53
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
The Colonel activated his radio: "Guys, be careful. Someone's out there with a supressed rifle. Can't say who or how many. Lets take this slow."
He moved back towards the ladder, signaled Laurin to cover him and climbed up to the dock. There he took a moment to look around and listen.

OOC:23:53, Today: COL Kurt L. Schaeffer rolled 14 using 2d8, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max with rolls of (8+6)14,3.  Cognition.
23:53, Today: COL Kurt L. Schaeffer rolled 6 using 4d8, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max with rolls of 2,6,1,1.  Sneak.

Increase Trask
 player, 45 posts
 Robo Hunter
Fri 4 Dec 2015
at 23:08
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...

Trask stood up and gave the area a scan using his sensors looking for stragglers or the silenced shooter. He looked to the barrel of the SAW and saw the thin wisps of smoke emanating from the surface.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 685 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Sun 6 Dec 2015
at 06:16
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters...
Peter winced as the APER went off, and gave a little smile as he muttered quietly. "Well, at least I did not blow up any of my allies." He blinked a few times and looked around. As Rowan went to check on the gunners, Peter moved to cover her, trusting that everyone else was still on alert as well. He wanted to ask if there would be another wave of trogs, but held his tongue.