Whoever Fights Monsters II.   Posted by The Marshall.Group: 0
Jason Sinclair
 player, 339 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Fri 22 Apr 2016
at 13:13
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II
"Well that worked better than I hoped. No need to worry about the Class S Corporeals." Jason chuckles until he realizes that Vundra nearly bought the farm.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 718 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Fri 22 Apr 2016
at 16:11
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II
Peter coughed twice and stepped back from the door. He whirled on Jason and his arm started to pull back, as if cocking to throw a punch, but then he stopped himself. He coldly said, "You unthinking assh-!" He stopped and drew in a breath to calm himself. Next time wait until we are all clear please."

He turned away and watched the door. "Should we barricade this door, or just keep moving?"
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 player, 458 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Sun 24 Apr 2016
at 07:45
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 31):

"Leading them to the Combine might be beneficial to us. I say move."

Schaeffer moved down to the far end of the long room, looking for an exit.
Feldwebel Laurin Knapp
 NPC, 25 posts
 Fernspaeher
 German Ranger
Sun 24 Apr 2016
at 07:47
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 32):

"Peter, let's barricade the door. If we are being followed we are between two enemies. Not a good place! I think we can roll some of these steel drums in front of the door. Or use a hand-cart."

Knapp began wrestling one of the dollies with a drum on it towards the door. It was heavy and should do the trick!
The Marshall
 GM, 2305 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 29 Apr 2016
at 00:04
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II
In reply to Feldwebel Laurin Knapp (msg # 33):

After they went through the door there was a pause.

Then a "thump!" as someone or something banged on the door behind them.

Meanwhile, the sound of gunfire actually increased in volume ahead of them. It did still seem somewhat distant as if echoing down a long hallway.
Increase Trask
 player, 74 posts
 Robo Hunter
Fri 29 Apr 2016
at 01:00
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 34):

Trask helped with the movement of heavy items against the door though he was sure it was stuck quite soundly in the frame. Better safe then sorry though. Once they were through the other door he continued down the hallway with his rifle at his shoulder.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 723 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Fri 29 Apr 2016
at 02:52
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II
Peter nodded. "I think a quick barricade is better than possibly getting caught in a crossfire. Sorry, Colonel." He quickly moved to help move things to place up against the door. "Let's get ready to move fast. We want to catch up to that firefight if we can."
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 player, 459 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Fri 29 Apr 2016
at 03:13
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 36):

The Colonel nodded in agreement as he opened the door in the far wall, peeking out.

"A wise decision, Peter.

"The sounds of gunfire seem to be coming from this stairwell down that is in the next room.

"Knapp, on me. Let's cover the stairs, so we will be ready to go when they are done."

Vundra
 player, 232 posts
 Junker
Sat 30 Apr 2016
at 12:16
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II
After shaking his is shock off, Vundra moves up and get ready to help Scheaffer cover the stairs.
Jane Guin
 player, 698 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Tue 3 May 2016
at 00:36
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II
In reply to Vundra (msg # 38):

Jane takes up guard position again after looking over at Peter to make sure he's ok.  Of course she believes he is because he had been complaining.  A sure sign that he wasn't injured.
The Marshall
 GM, 2308 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sat 7 May 2016
at 01:14
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II
Several of the heavy barrels were manhandled over to the doors using both the dollies and brute force.

The banging on the door intensified. What was no doubt fists striking metal was joined by something liquid spattering as well. Acrid smoke started to waft through the top door frame.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 player, 460 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Sat 7 May 2016
at 01:15
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 40):

Lifting his carbine, Schaeffer nodded to Trask.

"After you, Panzer-Boy!"
Increase Trask
 player, 75 posts
 Robo Hunter
Sat 7 May 2016
at 01:29
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 41):

"On we go. Trask moves forward with his rifle hard into his shoulder. He continues towards the sound of gunfire ready to fire should it be needed.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 725 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Sat 7 May 2016
at 15:47
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II
Peter eyed the now-barricaded door with distrust, as if worried it might give way soon. And the smoke. He nodded and prepared to take up rearguard once again. "Agreed. Let us move on."
The Marshall
 GM, 2309 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Wed 11 May 2016
at 19:14
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II
The metal stairs led down a couple flights into the darkness. They needed to move relatively fast and so they quickly left the sounds of pounding behind.

They arrived at a narrow concrete corridor that stretched right and left. There was no graffiti on the walls or trash on the floor, just a layer of dust and grime of forgotten neglect.

The sounds of firing had largely stopped but a single gunshot (louder and closer) from the left gave them a clue which direction to proceed in.

Within 50m they came to a partially-ajar metal door, open about 5cm. It actually looked like a hatch, with dogs and a wheel in the centre. There was faded signs proclaiming "No Unauthorised Personnel Past This Point".
Increase Trask
 player, 76 posts
 Robo Hunter
Wed 11 May 2016
at 21:19
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II

Trask was eager to continue forward and stopped only once they reached the hatch. He waited for the others to form up and once given the go a head he will open the hatch and proceed down. It sounded like the firefight was over and their quarry was likely getting ready to set off again.
Jane Guin
 player, 700 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 12 May 2016
at 02:59
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II
In reply to Increase Trask (msg # 45):

Jane followed the others, keeping a watch out and on guard.  She really hated to be surprised but it happened all too often.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 726 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Thu 12 May 2016
at 05:01
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II
Peter was the rear guard and made sure everyone else in front of him was ready. Then he gave a nod to Trask and he half-turned back to watch the rear, with the ability to still look at what might be before them if the opportunity arose.
Smoker Nix
 player, 813 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 12 May 2016
at 08:40
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II
Smoker padded along in the middle of the group, eyes darting around, weapon at the ready... very unhappy. He didn't like being underground.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 player, 461 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Fri 13 May 2016
at 06:14
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II
In reply to Increase Trask (msg # 45):

Schaeffer pulled a hand grenade from his webbing and got ready to pull the pin.

"Always be polite and do not enter without announcing yourself first! We enter after the grenade goes off?"
Feldwebel Laurin Knapp
 NPC, 26 posts
 Fernspaeher
 German Ranger
Wed 18 May 2016
at 08:29
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 49):

"I suggest that we have the Panzer, Trask, go in first after the grenade.

"Then the Colonel, Peter, Jane, Jason, Vundra, Smoker. Rowan and I will bring up the rear.

"Trask will provide suppressive fire for everyone to enter and find cover. Vundra and Jane have the heavy weapons, lay down more suppressive fire on the Combine troopers. Jane and the Colonel both have the anti-tank rockets, try to take out the can (cyborg). If all else fails I have rigged a satchel charge using the Claymore and some C4. That should do it!"


She waited until everyone was set, prepping her satchel charge. The Colonel was set.

"On my mark? Three, two, one, Mark!"

This message was last edited by the player at 18:00, Wed 18 May 2016.

Vundra
 player, 233 posts
 Junker
Wed 18 May 2016
at 12:49
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II
Vundra draws his heavy weapon and get ready to go in after the signal.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 727 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Wed 18 May 2016
at 17:47
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II
Peter gave a nod. "Take careful shots. Conserve ammo. And don't fire the anti-tank rockets until you can see the cyborg. Right?"

He then took up a position to one side of the door and waited for things to get started.
Increase Trask
 player, 77 posts
 Robo Hunter
Wed 18 May 2016
at 21:03
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II

Trask waited until the grenade detonated and then moved into the room, firing on the cyborg with his SA M40. He will charge his shots making them more powerful as he looks to put the sphere down.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1252 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 19 May 2016
at 18:26
Re: Whoever Fights Monsters II
In reply to Increase Trask (msg # 53):

Rowan Watches carefully from what cove there is a she preps a scull and keeps it ready for a target that needs that much violence