On the Road to Ruins.   Posted by Astroconch.Group: 0
Astroconch
 GM, 3 posts
 Words are fun
 Golfer Overgone
Wed 21 Jul 2010
at 17:45
On the Road to Ruins
  Heading through the gates of Shinkasa into outertown you just thought the outer district inside was bad. Outertown is almost as packed full of people as inside the walls, with dirt roads that are slightly muddy from the rains that had come through a few days ago. Which is a blessing as there is not all the dust that would be otherwise. You can see the slave pens and auction yards as you head to the wheelwright.

  You head inside while Sebastian stays with the wagons and get some of the supplies that you need. You can tell Screwtape is a little upset that they didn't have all that he had asked for( also for more of the same treatment he has been getting). You had to take down the tent to fit the items you bought. While they are loading up the wagon these are some of the rumors you hear from conversations with the workers.

*There is fighting in the east and Itomas is sending more troops to help. The workers have the commen bravdo that it won't be long before the West crushes the invaders.

*There has been no word from Caer Kighfalton( which is where you are heading) and the runners East Orluuk sent have not been heard from.

*There has been more and more sightings of wolves the last few days from travelers comming into town.

*A couple of the outlanding farms were attacked by monsters and the whole families slaughtered. This brings about a verbal fight between the workers with one saying he heard it was wolves and the other demons.

  You get your supplies and head out of town(unless there is anything else you need to do). You travel slower now that the wagon is full and you all can't ride on it anymore. You travel for a couple of days stopping and camping the first night.  You hear wolves during the night with the sounds of other beast, but they sound far off and as if they are fighting. The rest of the first night is uneventful. You travel the next day until you find a good spot to set up camp for the evening. Setting into your routine getting camp set up and playing Scroll, Stone, Sword for first watch.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:11, Wed 18 Aug 2010.

Astroconch
 GM, 5 posts
 Words are fun
 Golfer Overgone
Wed 11 Aug 2010
at 21:29
Re: On the Road to Ruins
  With Sebastian losing he heads out for first watch. The rest of you settle into camp, with Lou cooking up some dinner . You still have a couple of hours before nightfall. The sounds of the wolves howling are already out and they sound closer than the night before.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:13, Wed 18 Aug 2010.

Astroconch
 GM, 6 posts
 Words are fun
 Golfer Overgone
Wed 18 Aug 2010
at 20:22
Re: On the Road to Ruins
  Later that night when the moon is at it's peak during Korin's watch he hears more holwing of wolves and an unnatural roar of other beast as if fighting like the night before. Still in the distance, but closer than last night. Besides the sounds of animals fighting the rest of you wake up when a feeling of pure evil washes over you chilling down to your soul( Just like the one you felt a few days before you arrived in Shinkasa). Korin you are the only one who does not get that feeling. When the feeling ebbs away you all hear that unnatural roar(sound like a lion roar and a mix of a nazgul) from different areas around the camp, but still sound distance and heading your way.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:27, Wed 18 Aug 2010.

Korin
 player, 3 posts
 Human/Psi-Mystic
 Tries to kill old ladies
Thu 19 Aug 2010
at 03:31
Re: On the Road to Ruins
"Holy fuckin shit what was that!" Korin yells as he stands up on the seat of the wagon to get a better look all around the camp. Almost instinctively he activates his psionic abilities allowing him to sense magic, evil and see auras. With his spear in hand he does his best to spot any danger before it gets too close to his friends. He remembers to look up just in case soemthing is able to attack from above.
Sebastian
 NPC, 2 posts
 Human
 Warlock
Thu 19 Aug 2010
at 15:41
Re: On the Road to Ruins
Waking up at the shout of Korin and getting out of the sleeping bag to get my bearings I look around. "It sounds like something fighting and heading this way." Grabing up my bow and quiver I will head over and up the wagon to get a better vantage point.
Falx
 player, 3 posts
 Human/Warrior
 Racist Bastard
Thu 19 Aug 2010
at 19:55
Re: On the Road to Ruins
In reply to Sebastian (msg #5):

"What the evil feeling?..." Hearing the commotion, and being a light sleeper due to his training and the situation, Falx rolls out of his bedroll and grabs his weapons and shield. Keeping quiet for now he takes a quick 360 degree scan of the area and tries to locate the direction of the noise(s). Realizing they're from all around he slowly starts to make his way towards the closest cover while trying to stay at the edge of the fire light and camp.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:04, Thu 19 Aug 2010.

Astroconch
 GM, 7 posts
 Words are fun
 Golfer Overgone
Mon 23 Aug 2010
at 23:18
Re: On the Road to Ruins
After a few uneventful minutes that drag on you start to hear things moving out in the forest. It seems to be getting darker around the campsite and surrounding forest. The campfire is making a valiant effort but it is seeming to dim with the unnatural darkness.

(If you have ever seen the movie Constantine it is like that effect when they are on the street before he does his little light trick)

Check the 6:27 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...&feature=related

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:33, Mon 23 Aug 2010.

Falx
 player, 4 posts
 Human/Warrior
 Racist Bastard
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 22:43
Re: On the Road to Ruins
"Seraph" Falx, still next to cover and preparing for a fight, says the magical words needed to create a globe of daylight in the direction (from the best he can determine) of the animal noises. Moving it with his thoughts, he sends it out and around, to help see in the darkness what is out there. "Be ready to attack! Has anyone seen Scrutape or Lou?"
Astroconch
 GM, 8 posts
 Words are fun
 Golfer Overgone
Wed 25 Aug 2010
at 17:42
Re: On the Road to Ruins
With the darkness creeping in the fire and globe of daylight are only lighting up a small area around camp and getting dimmer as if the darkness is consuming the light. The sounds of the beast are getting closer.
Astroconch
 GM, 9 posts
 Words are fun
 Golfer Overgone
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 19:58
Re: On the Road to Ruins
 You stop that morning to rest up after the nights events. You all seem to wake up at the same time after with Sebastian staring at you all. "It is about damn time it will be dark in a few hours and we need to have a plan in case the night beast come back. I have been trying to wake you all but you all must really needed the rest none of you would wake. We are not at the same campsite either. Judging by the sun and moon we seem to be south of where we stopped to camp and in the middle of a damn forest." As you get your bearings and look around you can tell you are in a clearing in deep woods with no road in site.

(Post in the private messages first I will tell you in them when you wake up)

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:05, Wed 01 Sept 2010.