Running Away From Dead Priest.   Posted by Astroconch.Group: 0
Astroconch
 GM, 13 posts
 Smokey the Bearman says
 "Golfer Overgone"
Mon 11 Oct 2010
at 15:07
Running Away From Dead Priest
Soon to come
Astroconch
 GM, 14 posts
 Smokey the Bearman says
 "Golfer Overgone"
Wed 13 Oct 2010
at 14:57
Re: Running Away From Dead Priest
   As you flee the church in the chaos of the night you make your way back to LeRoi and the rest of your gear you stored with the lovable scamp. Getting loaded up you get the hell out of dodge heading southish along the old road. You travel with little rest until morning. Now that you have taken a little longer break you can decide if you are going to stay on the road or make your way through the forest.
Falx
 player, 5 posts
 Human/Warrior
 Racist Bastard
Wed 13 Oct 2010
at 19:20
Re: Running Away From Dead Priest
"It's going to be difficult to stay on course if we get off the road. But, if we are being chased, we'll be easier to find while we're on it." Falx walks over to the backside of LeRoi and tries to securly tie his old shield to the rest of the equipment. "If anyone needs a good shield your welcome to use this!", as he gives it a good slap. "I think we keep making good time and stay on the road, we'll just have to keep alternating the navigation duties while the others get some rest. Anyone got any good ideas?"
Lou Al Dang
 player, 2 posts
 Human/Scholar
 Cant get into library
Wed 13 Oct 2010
at 19:33
Re: Running Away From Dead Priest
In reply to Falx (msg #3):

"In the name of Thoth, we kicked cult ass back there boys!  I can keep us relatively on course using the stars if we must abandon the road but I tend to share your viewpoint on this matter.  The carpet helps that of course."

Maybe at some point someone can double back using the sky to gauge the level of pursuit we are facing?"  However, tactics are not where I excel. "Who is gonna where the freaky Priest robes?
Sebastian
 NPC, 3 posts
 Human
 Warlock
Wed 13 Oct 2010
at 20:11
Re: Running Away From Dead Priest
"I could send the elemental back to stop anyone comming up the road then unbind him to go back to his home plane once he finishes his task."
Screwtape
 player, 4 posts
 Ratling/Conjurer
 Carrier of Diseases
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 00:44
Re: Running Away From Dead Priest
Climbing off the flying carpet the Ratling runs over to look after “La Roy!...I have a new bobble for you to wear proudly as a symbol that we stopped a horrible person from killing many innocents.” The ratling then reaches into his sack and pulls out a severed hand and plucks the ring of Tolmet from its finger and tosses the hand away into the woods.

Screwtape then threads the ring through the Rhino’s necklace chain sliding the ring down its length. It stops with a ‘clink’ as it touch the Cup of Krunk. “There that should do very nicely” Scewtape says with a strange ratlike smile. His nose slightly disjoined to the side and long toothy grin make him look very odd. As he pats LeRoy on the shoulder.

Addressing Sebastian, “I don’t know if your god there is strong enough or even if an Air Elemental can lift objects and people without them passing through its whirly windy arms. I do know that it can probably move faster than a falcon in mid dive though. So if it can somehow get us away from this place faster, with magic or something, than I would get it to help before you send it rampaging back into that town. Then after we have a nice long lead away from here then you can send it back to do all the rampaging you want. It’s atleast worth the effort to ask the creature if it is capable of flying us out of here or not. Elementals are powerful after all.”

This message was last edited by the player at 00:45, Thu 14 Oct 2010.

Korin
 player, 7 posts
 Human/Psi-Mystic
 Tries to kill old ladies
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 04:55
Re: Running Away From Dead Priest
Using his pendant Korin flies back to La'Roi at a slightly faster speed than the carpet. Pulling ink, quill and some parchment from his pack he uses the brief moments of his early arrival to pen a note.

Blood Talons,

We apologize for kidnapping and interrogating your scout but we had to determine whether or not an attack on our group was forthcoming, We also apologize for any loss of revenue you may have suffered because of us and any personnel losses due to our traps though if they are dumb enough to die in those then you probably don't need them. We recognize you as professionals and realize that there are Jannisaries among you. We also understand that should you choose to pursue us that it is highly probable at least some of you could catch up to us. What we beseech you to understand is that you really do not want to catch us. The losses you will suffer will at the very least be on a 10-1 ratio and that is likely a low estimate. I only mention this to deter you because we know your are business minded individuals and as much as we do not wish to die we do not offer idle threats. Beyond that there is a large subhuman army rampaging across the west so finding work worthy of your skills should be very easy. Granted its not as easy as slaying simple farmers in the service of evil so chalk the loss up to a bad business decision. Unless of course your beliefs are in line with that of the degenerate priest we just sent to hades. In which case I take back everything I just said and I welcome you to come and get us because we would be happy to cut your fucking hearts out.

Sincerely,

Korin Sunstar... Chosen of Ra



Korin finishes up his note as everyone else prepares to flee down the road. He quickly explains what he is doing and offers an idea up to Falx. After doing so he will fly the parchment and possibly the necklace back to the hole where the manacled man is and drop it in with a warning that they should take a good look at what was done at the church with about five minutes worth of planning when they consider the contents of the letter.

"Hey guys im leaving them a note saying sorry for the traps and shit and letting them know if they follow us then alot of them will die. Falx I was thinking we might give them back their necklace as a peace offering and kind of a psychological show of strength. I can cast that spell on you anytime you like but if you do not want to give the necklace back then that is fine too."
Sebastian
 NPC, 4 posts
 Human
 Warlock
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 14:47
Re: Running Away From Dead Priest
"I don't know if the elemental can carry us or not. If you can make a large platform he might be able to pick it up, but LeRoi weights a ton." Turning to Korin "Do you think we can make it back before the patrol gets to the fake campsite? We were only a couple of miles out of town when we set it up."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:48, Thu 14 Oct 2010.

Falx
 player, 6 posts
 Human/Warrior
 Racist Bastard
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 18:34
Re: Running Away From Dead Priest
"I like the ideas - that works for me Korin. Although I like Sebastians plan, and if he doesn't disagree, to be safe we could have the elemental take the note and the necklace back to the Blood Talons as another show of power; that might make them think twice of striking back. Maybe tell the elemental to only attack in defense or if they attempt to persue us?" Falx removes the necklace and hands it over to either Korin or Sebastian... "We need to get on the move asap, and would rather us all stick together in case there's more evil priests around that we were not aware. But if you want to go it alone I trust you to make it back."  Turning to Korin "Your choice"

This message was last edited by the player at 19:12, Thu 14 Oct 2010.

Lou Al Dang
 player, 3 posts
 Human/Scholar
 Cant get into library
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 23:12
Re: Running Away From Dead Priest
"Fawkes has got quite the head for strategy" proclaims Lou Al.  I like the idea of sticking together and sending our elemental friend to relay the message.
Korin
 player, 8 posts
 Human/Psi-Mystic
 Tries to kill old ladies
Fri 15 Oct 2010
at 00:37
Re: Running Away From Dead Priest
"Agreed. That is an excellent idea Falx and should give us enough time to run. They know we will be using the road so tracks are a moot point for now. We might as well run our ass off till sunrise and then we can figure out our next move. Between La'Roi and the carpet we can make some good time. Korin takes the necklace and hands it over to Sebastian along with the Blood Talon tunic they got from the scout. "Here, so it will know who to give the letter to and who to kill if they pursue us. Can you instruct it to maybe put up some kind of air wall or act defensively at first and then kill if they persist? I only say that because we so far haven't inflicted any unforgivable losses on those Blood Talon assholes."

Korin looks up at the others. "I have maybe ten minutes left on this Amulet till it is shot for a.." Korin chokes off his sentence abruptly and his eyes roll up in his head momentarily. The air actually shimmers around him for a moment like heat waves in a desert. Even those not sensitive to magic cannot help but notice it. Stopping just short of slumping over Korin quickly recovers and a confident smile appears on his face. "Wow that was...wow! The road ahead will be hard but Ra will sustain us. I apologize for my selfishness and my cowardly attitude earlier. I will try to do better. Don't resist this spell it will help us for the next week or so." Korin may sound like a kook, and he may be but as he walks around casting some unknown spell on everyone his confident demeanor is infectious. "Now lets get the fuck out of here!" Korin will fly down the road under the power of his amulet until it runs out then he will jump on the carpet with Falx and Sebastian.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:40, Fri 15 Oct 2010.

Astroconch
 GM, 15 posts
 Smokey the Bearman says
 "Golfer Overgone"
Fri 15 Oct 2010
at 02:41
Re: Running Away From Dead Priest
  Sebastian takes the note, necklace, and tunic and goes to speak with the elemental. Soon you see the items fly off the way you came from. With a new refreash feeling that you all now have thanks to Korin you head off back on your search for the ciy of Gydom and the hammer.

  You all travel through the day not feeling to wore out and get a couple of hours of sleep. Eating a quick meal you head off on you way. This is the routine for the next few days. You haven't seen any signs of pursuit and you are moving at the fastest pace you have been able to travel since you fled Canthar. You can tell the terrain has been gradually going up most of the way.

  After traveling this way for three days it looks like you have come to the end of the road. You can see what looks like a small walking path at the end and on each side of the path is two small stone carvings with  real skulls at the tops of them.



OCC: You all have the spell sustain cast on you thanks to Korin, even LeRoi. If there is anything you wanted to do during the days of travel just let me know or just write it in game.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:42, Fri 15 Oct 2010.