Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive 0
Grogg Noggin
 player, 21 posts
Mon 20 Jun 2011
at 11:37
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
"Just once, I'd like to meet a supernatural horror who wasn't immune to arrows." Grogg mutters, as he stumbles, readying his crossbow once he is able.

OOC: Actually, the shades weren't immune to arrows at all. Shrike killed some with hers.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:50, Tue 21 June 2011.

Buliwyf Ar Grainne Falconhold
 player, 26 posts
Mon 20 Jun 2011
at 23:04
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
"True enow!

"Mayhaps we'll see luck and the metal will be boots," Buliwyf says and hefts his axe.
Gaultier DeLauncet
 player, 27 posts
 Squire Chevalier
 Orlesian Exile
Tue 21 Jun 2011
at 02:55
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
Gaultier returned to the rift to check on the volunteers and inform them about morning and what he had coming.  He surveryed the scene from a distance to see if they were still on watch and what kind of pattern they had developed.

Their alert manner didn't bode well to him getting some rest before the morning.
Narrator
 GM, 99 posts
Tue 21 Jun 2011
at 13:52
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
They wait at the ready, but nothing issues forth from the cavern. A few more seconds pass and even the humans don't miss the belching sound that comes from inside the tunnel. Clearly, something is disturbing the ashes within the ruin.
Buliwyf Ar Grainne Falconhold
 player, 27 posts
Fri 24 Jun 2011
at 01:43
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
"Why wait?" Buliwyf says.  He pulls out his warhammer (in case there's not enough room to swing the 2 handed weapon) and drops down the tunnel.
Narrator
 GM, 103 posts
Fri 24 Jun 2011
at 15:39
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
OOC: Anyone following the barbarian?
Grogg Noggin
 player, 22 posts
Fri 24 Jun 2011
at 15:46
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
Grogg nods, advancing into the gloom, crossbow in hand.
Shrike
 player, 23 posts
Fri 24 Jun 2011
at 23:50
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
Shrike moves to the entrance where she can keep an eye on the two descending.
Gaultier DeLauncet
 player, 28 posts
 Squire Chevalier
 Orlesian Exile
Sat 25 Jun 2011
at 11:56
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
Gaultier moves up to Shrike.  He had his sword out at their heightened alertness.  "What's going on?"  He wasn't sure they would be able to see well enough to scout effectively but some info might be worthwhile.  If they came back alive that is.

"I have supplies coming in the morning no?  Alain is asking around as well.  We look to descend at that time.  Why did they head down?"  He stated while prepared for another wave coming up from the tunnel.
Shrike
 player, 24 posts
Sat 25 Jun 2011
at 12:09
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
"Something is moving in the tunnel," Shrike said. "They've decided to go down to see what it is before it gets out."
Narrator
 GM, 106 posts
Mon 27 Jun 2011
at 15:22
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
And the pair wait as Buliwyf and Grogg descend into the passage looking for the source of the noise.
Narrator
 GM, 110 posts
Wed 29 Jun 2011
at 14:11
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
Briefly the tunnel is illuminated as one of the men light a lantern inside of it. Then, the light is gone. Presumably they have rounded a corner.
Ash
 player, 33 posts
 Lost elf
 Apostate by trade
Thu 30 Jun 2011
at 05:56
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
Ash return to the vicinity of the hole searching for Shrike "I need your help." he start speaking loud enough for any to hear. "I am helping find this woman husband and I think I was sent into a trap, I need someone to watch my back. Someone who know how to hold a weapon."
Shrike
 player, 25 posts
Thu 30 Jun 2011
at 07:53
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
"Can it wait a short time?" Shrike asks. "There was a noise in the tunnel and Bulwyf and Grogg have gone to investigate."
Ash
 player, 34 posts
 Lost elf
 Apostate by trade
Fri 1 Jul 2011
at 11:47
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
"Gone inside the tunnel?" Ash peek into the tunnel trying to get a better glimpse of it "Oh... sure, I was told to go out of town its a half a day trip, so yes I can wait a little."
Shrike
 player, 26 posts
Sat 2 Jul 2011
at 01:21
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
"Then it's not a problem," Shrike says. "I'd be happy to accompamy you."

She peers down the tunnel. "How long do you think I should wait before going after them?"

She then looks at Ash with a speculative expression. "We've met before, haven't we?" she asks.
Narrator
 GM, 113 posts
Sun 3 Jul 2011
at 23:50
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
Ash takes a look down the tunnel. It is too dark to see Buliwyf and Grogg. On the walls he sees elvish marks of protection. The walls are roughly three feet wide and five to five and half feet high. The big barbarian (Buliwyf) must have to stoop to walk through the tunnel. There isn't room to swing his big axe or for others their swords. It is going to be a tight fit. Single file will be all that is possible. Roots have punched through the walls, floor, and ceilings in several places, but it appears stable and secure - unless another earthquake hits.
Ash
 player, 36 posts
 Lost elf
 Apostate by trade
Mon 4 Jul 2011
at 06:00
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
Ash studied the inner walls of the tunnel, he deliberately ignored the question about previous meeting with Shrike, he remembered her but he had changed much since their last meeting and he was not sure if he could trust her yet.

"Look, elven marking, this tunnel was crafted by our ancestors..." when we were powerful and free before the human came and destroyed us, he thought but did not spoke it out loud. "Come lets investigate." he said jumping into the tunnel. If she wants he will let her take the front but he had no problem leading.
Shrike
 player, 27 posts
Mon 4 Jul 2011
at 07:25
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
Shrike glances at the elvish marks on the wall. She can recognise then as elvish but that is about all. The actually script means nothing to her.

Realising that the bow won't be much use in these cramped quarters, she slings it over her shoulder and draws her shortsword.

"Okay. Let's go," she agrees. She moves ahead of Ash to take point. Being short, even for an elf, she has no trouble moving in the cramped tunnel.
Ash
 player, 37 posts
 Lost elf
 Apostate by trade
Wed 6 Jul 2011
at 05:11
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
Ash let his hand trail across the tunnel wall feeling the symbols his ancestors drew on the wall. He is silent as he follows shrike deeper into the tunnel.
Narrator
 GM, 127 posts
Thu 14 Jul 2011
at 17:58
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
Whilst other groups are doing other things, Gaultier is left on the surface alone. Inside, there are four people investigating a sound. What is it? On the surface it is hard to tell beyond steel striking stone.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:19, Mon 18 July 2011.

Gaultier DeLauncet
 player, 29 posts
 Squire Chevalier
 Orlesian Exile
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 11:13
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
Not the most organized search.  Groups disappearing by the two's.  But to leave the tunnel open and others wondering what was up certainly didn't seem to fit his understanding of the contract.  Unless there was another mass push by whatever lay down there, the four should be able to handle themselves.

He stood lone guard at the new entrance to the underworld.  His attention focused on the hole waiting for any indication they needed assistance or what lurked below.
Narrator
 GM, 132 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 20:24
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
It takes a few minutes, but it becomes apparent to Gaultier that some kind of battle is taking place below.
Narrator
 GM, 136 posts
Thu 21 Jul 2011
at 17:20
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
Gaultier continues to wait without any new information coming from the tunnel.
Narrator
 GM, 145 posts
Tue 2 Aug 2011
at 21:06
Re: Lovely Day For A...(Thread One)
@Darrahn and Gaultier: A tremendous pop comes from the tunnel. It sounds as if half a mountain fell out from beneath the ground.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:12, Tue 02 Aug 2011.