The Elven Ruin: Ash and Shrike.   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive E
Narrator
 GM, 117 posts
Tue 5 Jul 2011
at 20:57
The Elven Ruin: Ash and Shrike
The elves move into the tunnel. Ahead they can hear the sounds of metal scrapping upon stone. The path is a linear one in the sense that there is only one path to follow with no breaks, rooms, or hallways to follow. They feel that they are sloping downward as they walk though. The sounds continue as they move, but it is difficult to discern how far away the noise is from their current location. Soon they run out of available light due to the curving nature of the tunnel and must either light a torch, lamp, or lantern or turn back the way they came. The lamp lit by Grogg and Buliwyf cannot be made out.
Shrike
 player, 28 posts
Wed 6 Jul 2011
at 23:34
Re: The Elven Ruin: Ash and Shrike
"Have you got a light source on you?" Shrike asks. "'Cause I don't."

"This wasn't part of my plan for today so I didn't make preperatiosn before the quake hit."
Ash
 player, 38 posts
 Lost elf
 Apostate by trade
Thu 7 Jul 2011
at 05:28
Re: The Elven Ruin: Ash and Shrike
Ash pulls from his backpack a lantern and lit it. "I found..." he say in a whisper voice "that it is better to have one thing always handy in case one need to flee the shemlens."
Narrator
 GM, 124 posts
Mon 11 Jul 2011
at 14:00
Re: The Elven Ruin: Ash and Shrike
The light illuminates the path ahead. It is much the same as the path behind. The only discernible difference is the fact that the path ahead is a bit moist. As they are going down in elevation this might not be anything to be of concern. As they continue, another noise, this time louder of steel coming into contact with stone.
Shrike
 player, 29 posts
Tue 12 Jul 2011
at 10:16
Re: The Elven Ruin: Ash and Shrike
Shrike pauses to listen, trying to get a better read on what the sound is.
Ash
 player, 39 posts
 Lost elf
 Apostate by trade
Wed 13 Jul 2011
at 05:19
Re: The Elven Ruin: Ash and Shrike
Ash freeze in his place listening intently "What was that?" he asks in a hushed voice "You think it could be the others? we took no turns surely they must be close by?"

Ash grip his staff tightly in one hand while holding the lantern up and high so that it light would reveal much of the tunnel.
Shrike
 player, 30 posts
Wed 13 Jul 2011
at 11:53
Re: The Elven Ruin: Ash and Shrike
"That sounds like the same sound we heard from up top," Shrike whispers back.
Narrator
 GM, 126 posts
Thu 14 Jul 2011
at 17:56
Re: The Elven Ruin: Ash and Shrike
Shrike pauses to listen as Ash hefts the lantern higher - brushing his hand against the ceiling in the process. A moment pauses and the sound is definitely that of something swinging a blunt object against stone. She also hears, for the first time, faint speech that she can't make out clearly and the sound of a steel being swung. The light does not show anything save another bend in the tunnel. Perhaps around the corner they will find the answers to their questions...
Ash
 player, 40 posts
 Lost elf
 Apostate by trade
Thu 14 Jul 2011
at 21:45
Re: The Elven Ruin: Ash and Shrike
"Lets go..." Ash whispers his whole senses alert now, he has no wish to be jump by some shade from the past but he will not miss this opportunity to explore the ruins of his forefathers.
Shrike
 player, 31 posts
Fri 15 Jul 2011
at 09:32
Re: The Elven Ruin: Ash and Shrike
Shtike nods and creeps forward.
Narrator
 GM, 130 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 19:23
Re: The Elven Ruin: Ash and Shrike
Another corner and Ash and Shrike come upon a possible cause of the noise. Ahead Buliwyf and Grogg are engaged with shades. The hammer Buliwyf swings hits the wall slightly as it moves through the shade. Unbeknownst to the men ahead two more shades are rising out of the ground behind them. Caught unawares the men will be flanked. However, the Shrike and Ash can do some flanking of their own if they desire.

Actions? If you intend to engage please roll init and post your Combat stats.

[Name]
HP: x/x
Mana (If applicable): X/X
Init: X
Defense: X
AR: X
(If I am rolling your attacks)
Attack: 3d6+X/Xd6+X
Favored Stunts:
Shrike
 player, 32 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 06:53
Re: The Elven Ruin: Ash and Shrike
Shrike glides forward silently, attempting to strike down one of the shades before they are detected.

Shrike
HP: 31/31
Mana (If applicable): X/X
Init: 11
Defense: 14
AR: 4
(If I am rolling your attacks)
Attack: 3d6+4/Xd6+5
Favored Stunts: Pierce Armor

16:50, Today: Shrike rolled 11 using 3d6+4 with rolls of 5,1,1.

As always, please roll attack for me.

Narrator
 GM, 134 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 19:12
Re: The Elven Ruin: Ash and Shrike
Shrike, I am adding you to The Elven Ruin Thread -- still group E, so you should be able to see it.
Ash
 player, 41 posts
 Lost elf
 Apostate by trade
Thu 21 Jul 2011
at 07:46
Re: The Elven Ruin: Ash and Shrike
Ash waits till Shrike is within striking distance, muttering an incantation he points his staff at the shades.

[Private to GM: Minor: none
Major: Cast shock at the two shades
Ash
HP: 27/27
Mana: 8/16
Init: 3D6+2
Defense: 12
Spellpower: 12
AR: 0
Spell casting TN 13 Mana cost 4
Attack: 3d6+2/1D6+2
Favored Stunts:
Mighty spell (on the shade Shrike is attacking)
Puissant casting (extra SP goes to this stunt)
]
Narrator
 GM, 139 posts
Thu 21 Jul 2011
at 19:06
Re: The Elven Ruin: Ash and Shrike
Added results of your action The Elven Ruin thread.