The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages.   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive 3
Shrike
 player, 86 posts
Wed 4 Jan 2012
at 08:13
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
Shrike slides back towards the entrance to the caves, so she can meet up with Buliwyf and the others witout her presence being discovered by the Dalish or the Tevinters.
Grogg Noggin
 player, 94 posts
Thu 5 Jan 2012
at 13:48
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
Grogg circles the center of the clearing to join the barbarian, not speaking as he moves.
Ash
 player, 107 posts
 Lost elf
 Apostate by trade
Thu 5 Jan 2012
at 14:01
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
For one second Ash is tempted to stay, the Dalish were home of sort but then memories flood him how he was ridicule and laughed for being an incompetent Dalish. No life as a second class Dalish was no temptation for him not now when he held the power of the Fade in his hand.

Silently the gray haired young elf mage move following the two humans. His fate was with this people no matter how he felt about it or them and he would follow his destiny and then they would all pay... with BLOOD!
Katerina von Anselm
 player, 86 posts
 Member of the Chantry
 Strong-willed Anderfel
Thu 5 Jan 2012
at 15:12
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
Oblivious to what had happened in the other camp, Katerina sat with her back to where the others approached. During their absence she had been keeping an eye on the cave entrance, but from the lack of signs of battle around where she was sitting it was fairly easy to tell that the Undead had made no attempt to follow them. Though that could just be because they had burned all those that had seen them.
Buliwyf Ar Grainne Falconhold
 player, 94 posts
Thu 5 Jan 2012
at 22:34
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
(broke finger, please forgive typo's and abbreviations. hunting and pecking here.)

Seeing Kat's confusion, Buliwyf fills her in on the quick encounter. (so she can read the previous posts)

"I didn't think we stood a fair chance of sneaking past Dalish," he concludes.  "So I thought I'd see what was happeni, ng.  Now we can walk out of here," he says with a glance over his shoulder.

"Don't know what the Tevinter are doing here, but I think our luck has been pressed hard enough.  Let's get out of here and turn some of our coin into stout drink!"
Katerina von Anselm
 player, 87 posts
 Member of the Chantry
 Strong-willed Anderfel
Thu 5 Jan 2012
at 22:57
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
Katerina listened to Buliwyf's story, taking a deep breath occasionally as she imagined the ways things could have ended up going horribly wrong. Overall though, she felt relieved that everyone was still in one piece.

- "It's good that you just walked into their camp then, i doubt we could have snuck past one camp let alone two without being seen, especially with Dalish scouts in the area."

She got up and picked up her pack to get ready to move, but paused for a second with a worried look on her face.

- "Think we should tell them about the tunnels? The Dalish i mean. With the river flooding the tunnels everything inside will get flushed out at this point. It'll be dangerous if they don't know."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:58, Thu 05 Jan 2012.

Grogg Noggin
 player, 95 posts
Sat 7 Jan 2012
at 02:56
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
"Let us not venture back into the Dragon's maw." Grogg demurs to this suggestion. "Let fate and their Elvish Gods be their guard 'gainst mischance- their welcome to us was such I would not risk another such."
Shrike
 player, 87 posts
Sat 7 Jan 2012
at 07:43
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
"I'm with them," Shrike says. "Explaining who we know about these openings and what might come out of them would mean letting them know that we aren't the advance guard of a caravan."

"Besides, someone just mentioned a drink."
Katerina von Anselm
 player, 88 posts
 Member of the Chantry
 Strong-willed Anderfel
Sat 7 Jan 2012
at 17:40
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
Katerina looked in the direction the others had come from, feeling a little torn over the matter. On one side she didn't want to endanger the group, on the other she didn't want to give the Undead the initiative after they'd be forced out of the caverns.

- "...Eh... You go on ahead. I need to warn the Dalish. If they ask, i just ran into you here so your advance guard story still works. They haven't seen us together anyway."

Taking a deep breath, she mouthed a quick 'see you in town' before setting off in the direction of the Dalish camp. She knew that if she wouldn't have warned them when she had the opportunity to, she wouldn't have been able to let it go, and between the river, the Undead and the Arcane Horror she had enough to ruin her sleep already.
Ash
 player, 108 posts
 Lost elf
 Apostate by trade
Sat 7 Jan 2012
at 19:23
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
Ash glance at the woman was she mad as well, were all human insane?

"You want to warn the Dalish? do you think they would listen to you? a Chantry warrior? the same Chantry whom destroyed their home land and chase them from every place they set foot?" he shook his head "Worse, do you think they are so stupid that they would believe that just another human came out in the woods and has nothing to do with our group." he shook his head once more "Even if you will ignore my words, consider this, there are Tevinter mages over there, they have a thirst for power, if you will set them on this location they would come in force and would in all likely hood take you as well and they I will need to save your sorry ass."

Sighing as if in defeat he adds "Look, I'll block the entrance of the tunnel, say in a day or so when the Dalish would be far. That way no one would come snooping around this cave."
Katerina von Anselm
 player, 89 posts
 Member of the Chantry
 Strong-willed Anderfel
Sat 7 Jan 2012
at 19:39
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
At hearing Ash' words, Katerina spotted, turning around with a clear look of surprise on her face. It was still legal for elves to be sold into slavery in Tevinter from what she knew, and combined with the freedom-loving Dalish it could provide a very explosive mix. And yet, they were talking?

- "Wait, Tevinters? If they can get this close to the Dalish without getting shot, somehow my chances don't seem that bad."

She failed to suppress a chuckle, and at Ash' promise to seal the cave later she was apparently satisfied with the results as she turned around to rejoin the group again. In passing though, she patted Ash on the shoulder.

- "But thanks. Both for offering to seal the cave and admitting you'd save my ass if it came down to it."

After that, she gave Ash a quick wink to leave him to wonder just how much of her behavior just now had been a bluff, and quickly moved to the front of the group with her hands folded behind her back. It was easy to tell that she was happy about something even without seeing the grin on her face, and she tried to match the others' pace while adjusting the pack that was hanging from her shoulders.
Ash
 player, 109 posts
 Lost elf
 Apostate by trade
Sun 8 Jan 2012
at 07:03
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
Ash just shook his head, the female templer was as infuriating as he was afraid of her and the Chantry she held dear.

"I have no idea why the Tevinter's had dealing with the Dalish and as much as I'd like to know I do not think it is worth an arrow in my chest or a knife in my back. If one of our more sneaky friends want to go and find out I am willing to stay here and wait." Ash had enough of sneaking about, not enough he cut his hand on some branches when he sneaked toward the camp at what he consider was rather good stealth but he got caught at it with an ease that sent flashbacks to the painful days where the other Dalish kid laughed at his bumbling attempts of stealth and archery.
Grogg Noggin
 player, 96 posts
Mon 9 Jan 2012
at 12:16
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
"Nay, 'tis a fool's errand." Grogg shakes his head. "Let's be on our way."
Buliwyf Ar Grainne Falconhold
 player, 95 posts
Mon 9 Jan 2012
at 16:08
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
"Agreed," Buliwyf says.  "Now's the time to leave this place and let those who follow sort out the rest."

Buliwyf takes a look around and, if he can get his bearings, heads off towards the town where they entered the tomb.
Narrator
 GM, 286 posts
Mon 9 Jan 2012
at 16:31
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
After all that they had endured the trek back to Witenas is quite dull. There are no further obstacles blocking their path and the forest is full of normal nighttime noises, nothing to set them on edge, or hinder their progress. As the sun begins to turn the sky the pinks and yellows of dawn's approach, the group makes it back to town.
Katerina von Anselm
 player, 90 posts
 Member of the Chantry
 Strong-willed Anderfel
Mon 9 Jan 2012
at 17:05
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
At the familiar sight of the town, Katerina took a relieved breath, silently thanking the Maker that all of them had survived the ordeal. Their arrival at dawn made it seem as if the sun was greeting them which, while not exactly true, did manage to strengthen the idea that He was watching over their subterranean journey. She turns to the others of the group.

- "Well, i need to go to the tunnel before i end up having to rescue my own rescue party, Maker knows i won't be looking forward to another trip through those caverns any time soon. If you need me, i'll be at the Chantry, okay? Enjoy the ale!"

She waved, and then jogged -- or tried to jog, she had been walking for most of the day now -- to the cave entrance, hoping an attempt to rescue her had not gotten underway yet. That, and she needed to ask around if someone knew more about the symbol on the golden cloak she had brought back.
Shrike
 player, 88 posts
Tue 10 Jan 2012
at 09:02
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
"So do you think the sheriff is still paying us for today?" Shrike asks as they head for the tavern.

"And who's buying the first round?"
Grogg Noggin
 player, 97 posts
Tue 10 Jan 2012
at 13:02
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
Grogg grunts at the retiring Katerina. "Hers" He replies, mildly irritated. "She was the last to join us, so it was on her... obviously the true reason for her 'urgent business' elsewhere."

Then, he feels the weight of coin wrested from the caves below and cheers himself up. "So, let's let the dead pay for it, eh?" He smiles a gap-toothed grin and leads the way.
Ash
 player, 110 posts
 Lost elf
 Apostate by trade
Tue 10 Jan 2012
at 13:18
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
Ash plants his feet not following the rest toward town "Ahm, before I met you I was asked to help find an elf woman husband, an elf by the name of Aleric, I got a lead that he was sent on an errand to a place called Berwick, I've got it marked on my map. I...  I ahm I would appreciated it if you'd come with me." his gaze traveled from Shrike to the two humans.
Buliwyf Ar Grainne Falconhold
 player, 96 posts
Wed 11 Jan 2012
at 13:36
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
Buliwyf smiles at Grogg while answering Shrike, "Why the one with the most coin of course!  After that ordeal, I may drink the tavern dry."

Hearing Ash, Buliwyf turns and looks at Ash.  He grunts and says, "All throughout the underground, you have regarded me with a dislike and a hatred that I have neither earned, nor share.  And now you request my aid?"

He sighs and heads towards the tavern.  "Come have a drink with us and tell me your woes.  I will see if there is a way in which I can assist.

"We must needs tend to business in town first.  Turning our treasure into coin, and downing a few tankards to start with."
Grogg Noggin
 player, 98 posts
Wed 11 Jan 2012
at 16:02
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
"The a visit to Trader's row." Grogg puts in. "We lost a lot of gear when we fell."

"Possibly even a bath..." The poacher seems to shudder at the thought, so clearly the night was a harrowing experience to demand such necessity.
Shrike
 player, 89 posts
Thu 12 Jan 2012
at 07:35
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
"I think with a solid meal and a good drink or two inside of us, we will be more inclined to listen to your tale and maybe offer our aid," Shrike says with a grin.
Ash
 player, 111 posts
 Lost elf
 Apostate by trade
Thu 12 Jan 2012
at 11:25
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
Ash gaze traveled from one to the others, that the humans had no desire to help him was something he grew to expect but that Shrike would... but then he shook himself, no that was not the case, they needed rest, food and to replenish their supplies, plus they had some magical items needed identifications.

He nodded slowly "This is not my tale, it is a plea for help I picked from the Chanters board. No one would help an elf wife and mother so I figured I'd help her. She told me a few others have turned missing over the past couple of weeks... but some food first and drinks would be fine." he looked at Buliwyf "You say I showed you disrespect, that was not my intention would you allow me to buy you a drink as a peace offering?"

Getting into town now was a calculated risk, the female Templar rushed off to the Chantry, would she inform the other Templers about him or did he had a few hours of rest before he would need to flee, a lax Apostate turned a very fast to be a dead Apostate or worse.
Buliwyf Ar Grainne Falconhold
 player, 97 posts
Thu 12 Jan 2012
at 17:05
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
Buliwyf bursts through the door of the tavern and shouts.  "Innkeep!  I know 'tis early, but turn some taps and start the cookfire.  My companions and I are in need of food.  And I, for one, am very thirsty!"

When served he raises his tankard to all as says, "To survival!  The sweetest taste of all."

After downing the first drink with near record speed, Buliwyf slams it down on the table and replies to Ash with a smile, "Certainly you may buy me another!"

With the ale having taken the edge off his feelings from the ordeal in the cavern, he considers the request.  "The Chantry usually pays well for their jobs.
Did the mother have anything to add?"
Narrator
 GM, 290 posts
Thu 12 Jan 2012
at 17:45
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
GM Note: Moved to Ruddy Sword Meadhall