The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages.   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive 3
Narrator
 GM, 204 posts
Wed 5 Oct 2011
at 14:19
The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
Ash and Buliwyf remain in the hallway; while, Shrike and Grogg set about opening the four chests. From the hole in the ceiling more water comes as well as a couple of sticks, and then a person. Alive, jostled by water, but fine.
Buliwyf Ar Grainne Falconhold
 player, 56 posts
Wed 5 Oct 2011
at 14:26
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
Buliwyf readies his sword in case the person is a darkspawn, or perhaps the owner of the tunnels they've been exploring and plundering in equal measure.
Ash
 player, 72 posts
 Lost elf
 Apostate by trade
Wed 5 Oct 2011
at 14:30
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
Ash take a step back as water, sticks and a person falls down the hole, it was getting wet at an alarming rate and even if he did not had books and notes to worry about the idea of being washed up once again with a risk of drowning did not appeal to the frail elf.

He leaned heavier on his staff and considered the open hole, he figured Builwyf would be better at dealing with this new person, he tried to devise a way to seal the hole.

[Private to GM: Would it be possible to cast Winter Grasp on the hole, freezing the water and making a make shift plug? it would not hold for long but perhaps long enough for us to escape.]
Katerina von Anselm
 player, 48 posts
 Member of the Chantry
 Strong-willed Anderfel
Thu 6 Oct 2011
at 13:48
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
With a thud only partially cushioned by wet clothing, Katerina lands on the stone floor. It took her a moment to regain her senses and roll out of the water's way, but once she did she managed to climb to her feet, using the uneven rock wall for support while she checked herself for injuries. Her body still hurt, and she felt as if she had swallowed half the river, but it didn't look like she had broken anything in the fall.

She looks at the two others, coughing as she tried to get rid of some water that had made its way into her windpipe during the drop, and waved a hand in greeting as she recognized Buliwyf and Ash from before, when they were setting out to gather forces for the exploration of the tunnels. She wanted to speak, but found it better to just focus on breathing normally for now, rather than strain her voice and be barely audible anyway.
Narrator
 GM, 208 posts
Thu 6 Oct 2011
at 14:15
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
Grogg and Shrike continue their work in the room. The floor grates allow the water to escape the passage without danger to the group, and the stone walls seem to be holding up well. The group has two more rooms that haven't been explored and the rest of the tunnel to explore.
Buliwyf Ar Grainne Falconhold
 player, 57 posts
Thu 6 Oct 2011
at 14:28
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
"Katerina," Buliwfy says, relieved that a new enemy hadn't dropped in on them.

He moves over to her and slaps her back to help clear her lungs.  Aware of his own strength, he attempts to not hit overly hard.

"I don't suppose we can climb back up," he says looking at the hole from where she dropped.

"We're looking for a way out.  It seems this place was once inhabited by elves.  The owners are long gone, so we've been making good use of some things they've left behind," he says while hoisting his new greatsword.
Katerina von Anselm
 player, 49 posts
 Member of the Chantry
 Strong-willed Anderfel
Thu 6 Oct 2011
at 14:48
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
Katerina coughs a little louder after Buliwyf slaps her on the back, and doesn't seem to mind his strength any more than she does having water stuck in her throat. After a couple of forceful breaths, she points up to the hole, trying to get her breathing (and pulse) down to manageable levels before speaking, still somewhat hoarse.

- "Alain tied a chain at the top... Should be able to reach through side tunnel... further up. Lowered myself in, foot slipped, fell."

As she speaks there is a lot of hand gesturing from her as she tries to picture what she is trying to say. After a couple of deep breaths, she puts her pack on the ground and starts inspecting the contents to see if anything was damaged. The lamp and oil specifically, even though they had been wrapped in cloth it was hard to guess if they survived the ride as well as she had.
Ash
 player, 73 posts
 Lost elf
 Apostate by trade
Thu 6 Oct 2011
at 14:57
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
For Ash most humans looked the same at least on first sight or when he did not had the time to examine them for a long period of time. He did thought he recalled Katerina from before, she was with the templars, something related to the Chantry. Nothing good would have happened if she saw him freeze up the hole, a pity he did not froze the hole a few second earlier.

Instead he leaned on his staff taking a step back "We should not tarry here." he called to Shrike in the room "Part of the ceiling collapsed into a hole and water is pouring in. So far the walls are holding and the water seems to be draining away but who know how long."
Narrator
 GM, 209 posts
Thu 6 Oct 2011
at 15:09
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
Katerina finds her supplies have survived the dousing and rough handling.
Katerina von Anselm
 player, 50 posts
 Member of the Chantry
 Strong-willed Anderfel
Thu 6 Oct 2011
at 15:36
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
Katerina sighed in relief at seeing the supplies were okay. Her voice had returned as well, which left only wet clothing which would have to dry for the second time that day.

- "I have a lamp and some oil, any ideas on where to go? Anyone else trapped down here?"

She looked at Buliwyf and Ash. With the two of them having already been in the room upon her arrival she figured they likely had done some exploring already and would therefore know which directions were not leading to the exit. She'd rather start getting out of here before the place would flood though, so the sooner they would start moving the sooner they would gather up the party that went down in its entirety and get back to the surface.
Buliwyf Ar Grainne Falconhold
 player, 58 posts
Thu 6 Oct 2011
at 15:52
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
"Grogg and Shrike are here too.  We landed in a fashion similar to you," Buliwyf answers Kat.  "Back that way, in a lake," he gestures in a vauge fashion from the way they've come.

"We're heading in this general direction, but we've fought spiders and traps.  Some traps were magical. So we've been taking our time and treading carefully."

He looks to Ash, "Though Ash may be right.  We may have to step up our pace.  Still," Buliwyf looks around at the other two rooms adjacent to them, "we've found some fine loot.  Shame to leave it behind."

Buliwyf tries to push one of the other two doors open with his sword while Grogg and Shrike loot the heavily trapped room.
Shrike
 player, 62 posts
Thu 6 Oct 2011
at 22:13
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
"We should be done soon," Shrike calls back, "but we've got some stuff you need to look at, Ash."
Narrator
 GM, 210 posts
Fri 7 Oct 2011
at 12:00
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
Buliwyf pushes open one of the two remaining doors and peers inside. He may not like what he sees. The walls of this room are stained with blood and gore, and there is a pile of well-chewed bones in one corner. Three dessicated bodies lay on the floor of this room. One the corpses wears a cloak that shines a bit like gold in between large stretches of grime and offal. Another of the skeletons rests on a chest.
Katerina von Anselm
 player, 51 posts
 Member of the Chantry
 Strong-willed Anderfel
Sat 8 Oct 2011
at 15:41
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
At seeing the corpses, Katerina walked over to where they lay and kneeled before them, reciting a passage from the Chant of Light. She didn't know which religion they were a part of, but going by what she saw the corpses were more likely to have fallen prey to whatever dwelled here than one of the predators, and as such deserved at least something that would pass as a funeral rite, even an improvised one.

Draw your last breath, my friends,
Cross the Veil and the Fade and all the stars in the sky.
Rest at the Maker's right hand,
And be Forgiven.


After she was done, she would unhook the golden cloak from one of the corpses, and wrap it around her own shoulders, shivering from the coldness of the water that was drenching her clothes. The grime left stains on her Chantry robes, but she didn't care, clothes could be washed anyway but an extra layer of cloth was more than welcome at this point.

- "...And having said that, i hope you won't mind me borrowing your cloak for a while."

She took a deep breath, looking at the others to see what they were going to do.


GM EDIT: As soon as Katerina walked near the corpses the rest of her actions would not have occurred. :) See below.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:28, Sun 09 Oct 2011.

Buliwyf Ar Grainne Falconhold
 player, 59 posts
Sat 8 Oct 2011
at 16:10
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
Buliwyf stops in his tracks, the superstitious mind of the barbarian taking over and freezing his body.

"Devils!" he oaths in a hushed voice.  "Deatheaters!"

"Have caution Katerina, mark my words, there's naught save evil in here."

He brings his greatsword to bear on the room and his body trembles as he wavers on the edge of fight or flight.
Ash
 player, 74 posts
 Lost elf
 Apostate by trade
Sat 8 Oct 2011
at 21:15
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
Chantry girl busted inside with prayer and chant, no doubt she would have carried the ever burning fire inside if she had anything that was not soaking wet.

Ash peered by the door, he had learned from the last room that these rooms might be trapped or in this case serve as a dinning room for some creature on the darkness. Learning from the last encounter he quickly scan the ceiling for any hidden spiders.
Narrator
 GM, 211 posts
Sun 9 Oct 2011
at 19:41
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
As Katerina knelt next to the corpses they sprang to life knocking her backward (no damage - minor action to stand). Buliwyf, in the back, is prepared with sword out (+2 to initiative this encounter). With arms outstretched and grasping the skeletons move toward the living flesh (Kat and Bul).

Actions?

As we are entering combat time, if you are entering the room to fight, I will need your combat stats, and rolls for initiative. Unless I am doing the rolling for you (Shrike), then I will just need your stats.

[Name]
HP: x/x
Mana (If applicable): X/X
Init: X
Defense: X
AR: X
(If I am rolling your attacks)
Attack: 3d6+X/Xd6+X
Favored Stunts:

Ash
 player, 75 posts
 Lost elf
 Apostate by trade
Mon 10 Oct 2011
at 21:14
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
"Maker save us..." Ash mumbles as the bodies lung forward at Katerina. He was at the doorway watching for spiders but the walking dead were as good as any enemy. Taking advantage that the Chantry girl has his back to him he lowered his staff and aimed it at one of the bodies releasing a bolt of dark arcane energy sizzling with electricity.

[Private to GM: Major: Attack undead
Minor: Aim +1 To attack
Ash (bonus from ring and aim already included)
HP: 27/27
Mana: 16/16
Init: 3D6+2
Defense: 12
AR: 0
Attack: 3d6+3/1D6+4

Favored Stunts:
Mighty Blow
Knock prone
Skirmish push undead back
]
Shrike
 player, 63 posts
Tue 11 Oct 2011
at 00:02
Re: The Elven Ruin: Exploratory Passages
Shrike moves forward at the sounds of the commotion from the other room. She nocks an arrow to the string as she goes. If she gets a clear shot, she will fire.

Shrike
HP: 31/31
Mana (If applicable): X/X
Init: 11
Defense: 14
AR: 6
(If I am rolling your attacks)
Attack: 3d6+6/1d6+8
Favored Stunts:Pierce armour

Shrike rolled 11 using 3d6+4 with rolls of 1,3,3. Initative.