Last Memento.   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive 1
Narrator
 GM, 238 posts
Mon 7 Nov 2011
at 15:50
Re: Last Memento
Brennha has the right of it. Ferelden's wolves were well-known for their ferocity. So much so that the Tevinter Imperial had built the Imperial Highway as an elevated road to avoid encounters with the wolves. And so it should be no shock that the wolves organized to attack what they saw as easy prey.

Ferelden wolves are large. Very large. And used to being the apex predator of the lands they roam. The wolves ran toward the pair using the tree as a buffer. Brennha's bow is already knocked and ready to fire, she just has to chose her target.

Action Time. I'll need your combat stats in this order (preferably set apart in orange or a private line:

[Name]
HP: x/x
Init: X
Defense: X
AR: X
(And if I am rolling your attacks:
Attack: 3d6+X/Xd6+X
Favored Stunts:)

If you want me to roll for you, I can. If you do your own rolling: if you roll a potential stunt, assume success (unless you are positive you've missed) and list your stunts and do any rolls necessary. I'll rule on it in my post.




[Private to GM: MARSH WOLF Marsh wolves are large wolves that have adapted to swamp life. They have wickedly sharp claws to grip loose soil and are excellent swimmers. Abilities (Focuses) 1 Communication 3 Constitution (Running, Swimming) 1 Cunning 4 Dexterity (Bite) 1 Magic 2 Perception (Smelling, Tracking) 3 Strength (Jumping) 1 Willpower Combat Ratings Speed Health Defense Armor Rating 17 25 14 0 Attacks Weapon Attack Roll Damage Bite +6 1d6+5 Powers Favored Stunts: Knock Prone and Mighty Blow. Raking Claws: A marsh wolf can follow up a successful bite attack with a rake as a special stunt costing 2 SP. Raking claws must be used against a single target with a +3 attack roll and 1d6+5 damage.]
Regin Smithforge
 player, 9 posts
Sat 19 Nov 2011
at 18:14
Re: Last Memento
Regin looked over to his young companion to make sure she wouldn't break and run. The last thing he needed was to move away from the tree to protect her although he would if he needed to.

Safisfied that she was made of strong stuff he braced his feet firmly in the earth and took up a defensive stance, Hammer in both hands he waited for the first wolf to make its move praying to the stone to protect him this day.




Regin Smithforge
HP: 38/38
Init: 3d6+1
Defense: 12
AR: 4/-1
Attack:
Hammer 3d6+3 / Dmg 2d6+3
Crossbow 3d6+1 / Dmg 2d6+1
Favored Stunts: Defensive Stance, Mighty BLow, Knock Prone

This message was last edited by the player at 18:20, Sat 19 Nov 2011.

Narrator
 GM, 256 posts
Wed 23 Nov 2011
at 13:05
Re: Last Memento
Are you using your crossbow for your first attack?

And I assume that I am rolling for you? Just want to confirm. :)
Regin Smithforge
 player, 10 posts
Wed 23 Nov 2011
at 21:30
Re: Last Memento
OOC: no I was using my hammer thats why I was waiting hadn't got the crossbow loaded and Brennha was going to shot off her bow as they approached as far as I can remember.

And yes I'd like you to roll for me thanks

Narrator
 GM, 261 posts
Tue 29 Nov 2011
at 14:06
Re: Last Memento
The wolves are already running toward the pair and will reach them next round. Brennha finds her target, the wolf moving toward them quickest - this wolf may not be the alpha though - her arrow flies true from her bow and hits the wolf hard. The wolf is forced to slow his run as the wound hits deep, but not enough to kill him.

Actions?


Wolves x4
[Private to GM: HP: 15 | 15 | 15 | 15]
Init: 17
[Private to GM: Defense: X
AR: X
(And if I am rolling your attacks:
Attack: 3d6+X/Xd6+X
Favored Stunts:
])

Regin Smithforge
HP: 38/38
Init: 12
Defense: 12
AR: 4/-1
Attack:
Hammer 3d6+3 / Dmg 2d6+3
Crossbow 3d6+1 / Dmg 2d6+1
Favored Stunts: Defensive Stance, Mighty BLow, Knock Prone

Brennha
HP: 34/34
Init: 9
Defense: 15
AR: 4
(And if I am rolling your attacks:
Attack: 3d6+X/Xd6+X
Favored Stunts:)

Regin Smithforge
 player, 11 posts
Wed 30 Nov 2011
at 20:46
Re: Last Memento
Regin watched Brennha's arrow hit its target before stepping up next to her but still with the large tree to his back.

"Well shot girl" He shouted over the howls od the pack. "Now I suggest we keep the tree to our back. You take the left and I will protect your right with luck we will see the sun set tonight."

Say that he hefted his hammer and planted his feet firmly in the ground swung his weapon a few times then crouching slightly he readied himself to hit the first mut that stuck its jaws to close to his person


Regin Smithforge
HP: 38/38
Init: 12
Defense: 12
AR: 4/-1
Attack:
Hammer 3d6+3 / Dmg 2d6+3
Crossbow 3d6+1 / Dmg 2d6+1
Favored Stunts: Defensive Stance, Mighty BLow, Knock Prone

Narrator
 GM, 265 posts
Mon 5 Dec 2011
at 14:46
Re: Last Memento
The wolves make to the duo. They are eager for the meal that killing the pair will provide. They split up two and two. Inexplicably, they all miss with their bites. (Stupid die roller! If I were a player, I would lament that.)

Regin brings his hammer down hard on one of the wolves. Splat! (Stunt). And the wolf is dead.

Brennha is not nearly as lucky as her blow misses completely!

Actions?


Wolves x4
[Private to GM: HP: 0 | 15 | 15 | 15]
Init: 17
[Private to GM: Defense: X
AR: X
(And if I am rolling your attacks:
Attack: 3d6+X/Xd6+X
Favored Stunts:
])

Regin Smithforge
HP: 38/38
Init: 12
Defense: 12
AR: 4/-1
Attack:
Hammer 3d6+3 / Dmg 2d6+3
Crossbow 3d6+1 / Dmg 2d6+1
Favored Stunts: Defensive Stance, Mighty BLow, Knock Prone

Brennha
HP: 34/34
Init: 9
Defense: 15
AR: 4
(And if I am rolling your attacks:
Attack: 3d6+X/Xd6+X
Favored Stunts:)

Regin Smithforge
 player, 12 posts
Mon 5 Dec 2011
at 15:24
Re: Last Memento
Regin grunts with the force of the blow and the satisfaction of the kill before turning at the waist and swinging the hammer back across to hit the second of the wolves attacking him.
Narrator
 GM, 267 posts
Tue 6 Dec 2011
at 17:45
Re: Last Memento
The battle continues with two wolves on Brennha and one on Regin. Regin's wolf misses him. Brennha is not so lucky as both wolves catch a bit of her. They aren't dangerous wounds, but they sting.

Another attack from Regin connects on his wolf, and while the blow is dire, it doesn't fell the wolf. The wolf growls menacingly at the dwarf as it considers running away (morality check). In the end, the wolf stays on him.

Brennha's sword penetrates oen of the wolves' hide for some damage.

Actions?


Wolves x4
[Private to GM: HP: 0 | 5 | 7 | 15]
Init: 17
[Private to GM: Defense: X
AR: X
(And if I am rolling your attacks:
Attack: 3d6+X/Xd6+X
Favored Stunts:
])

Regin Smithforge
HP: 38/38
Init: 12
Defense: 12
AR: 4/-1
Attack:
Hammer 3d6+3 / Dmg 2d6+3
Crossbow 3d6+1 / Dmg 2d6+1
Favored Stunts: Defensive Stance, Mighty BLow, Knock Prone

Brennha
HP: 30/34
Init: 9
Defense: 15
AR: 4
(And if I am rolling your attacks:
Attack: 3d6+X/Xd6+X
Favored Stunts:)

Regin Smithforge
 player, 13 posts
Tue 6 Dec 2011
at 20:25
Re: Last Memento
Regin curses under his breath as he made solid contact with the wolf but failed to floor it. With a cry of furstration he channeled it into one more mightly blow.

At the same time he was attacking the wolf he was aware of Brennha's situation and wanted to put his attacker down quickly so he could go to the young woman's aid
Narrator
 GM, 269 posts
Wed 7 Dec 2011
at 15:01
Re: Last Memento
The remaining wolf on Regin scraps his teeth harmlessly across Regin's armor. The two on Brennha have similarly bad luck as they clamp down but don't have the bite force to pierce her protective armor.

Regin's blow is inspired as he kills the wolf in front and him, and spins around to strike one of the wolves on Brennha. One blow, TWO KILLS!

The remaining wolf watches as its pack goes down. It is too much for the wild animal, and it knows that the dwarf is stronger. It runs away.

Actions?


Wolves x4
[Private to GM: HP: 0 | 0 | 0 | 15]
Init: 17
[Private to GM: Defense: X
AR: X
(And if I am rolling your attacks:
Attack: 3d6+X/Xd6+X
Favored Stunts:
])

Regin Smithforge
HP: 38/38
Init: 12
Defense: 12
AR: 4/-1
Attack:
Hammer 3d6+3 / Dmg 2d6+3
Crossbow 3d6+1 / Dmg 2d6+1
Favored Stunts: Defensive Stance, Mighty BLow, Knock Prone

Brennha
HP: 30/34
Init: 9
Defense: 15
AR: 4
(And if I am rolling your attacks:
Attack: 3d6+X/Xd6+X
Favored Stunts:)

Regin Smithforge
 player, 14 posts
Thu 8 Dec 2011
at 14:00
Re: Last Memento
Regin kept his position until he saw the wolf disappear from sight. Satisfied there was to be on more attacks he quickly moved over to Brennha

" Let me have a look at those wounds." he said resting his hammer against the tree and taking his knife out to cut the sleeve of the young lady's top. " I'm not a man of medicine but been in a scrap or two so know how to bandage up a cut until it can be seen to properly."

He talked all the while he worked, first he cleaned the wounds with clear water from his canteen then before she could do anything he liberally sprinkled a very strong spirit he used to keep himself warn on a cold night.
He knew it would sting like hell but he gripped her arm firmly and held on till she stopped struggling. At least any germs would be dead after that. keeping the arm elevated he quickly bandaged it up and then pulled the ruined sleeve back down and tied the ends together round her wrist so it wouldn't flap about. He didn't bother making a sling as that would prevent her using her bow if they were attacked again.

Satisfied he'd done all he could he picked up his backpack and slung Brennha's on top of that. Grunting he picked up his hammer and they both headed off down the trail again
Narrator
 GM, 270 posts
Fri 9 Dec 2011
at 17:07
Re: Last Memento
The trail is quiet for a while after that and the farm wasn't that far from where they were attacked anyway. They reach the farm without further incident. Of course, now they have to find the locket. The kid didn't know where it would be. Luckily, it doesn't look like the farm has been rummaged yet. The farm consists of a farm house, a barn, and a small field.
Regin Smithforge
 player, 15 posts
Sat 10 Dec 2011
at 20:41
Re: Last Memento
While they were out in the open Regin decided they should search the field first.

Setting their packs down he started walking the ground looking for signs of disturbance
Narrator
 GM, 274 posts
Wed 14 Dec 2011
at 14:52
Re: Last Memento
The ground is undisturbed. The land hasn't been worked all year and if the place has been looted, the bandits didn't drop anything as they left.
Regin Smithforge
 player, 16 posts
Wed 14 Dec 2011
at 15:52
Re: Last Memento
Regin slings his hammer over his back and takes up his crossbow which he loads while still in the field. Once ready he moves over towards the barn.

Close to the door he opens it as quietly as possible and swings in and to the left panning the crossbow round the open space as he went
Narrator
 GM, 276 posts
Fri 16 Dec 2011
at 14:24
Re: Last Memento
The animals have long since been removed. He finds various odds and ends for farming and a nice over looked greatsword, but nothing in the way of jewelry.
Regin Smithforge
 player, 17 posts
Fri 16 Dec 2011
at 14:36
Re: Last Memento
Having no need for the great sword he offered it to Brennha before moving on towards the house.

Once outside he moved quickly and quietly over to the farm checking for signs that any raiders were still about.

At the entrance he slipped in and started a room by room check of the building
Narrator
 GM, 279 posts
Tue 27 Dec 2011
at 12:55
Re: Last Memento
The check goes well and at the bottom of a chest full of old clothing, he finds the locket.
Regin Smithforge
 player, 19 posts
Tue 27 Dec 2011
at 21:22
Re: Last Memento
Regin takes the locket and raps it in a cloth from his back pack before storing it sefely in his brest pocket under his leather armour.

Taking a break he made a quick dry lunch for the two of them before heading back towards the town and the compeletion of their mission.
Narrator
 GM, 282 posts
Thu 29 Dec 2011
at 14:38
Re: Last Memento
The rest of the mission is uneventful. Brennha speaks incessantly, questioning different aspects of smithery and picking the forgemaster's brain on various bits of dwarven smithing.
Regin Smithforge
 player, 22 posts
Thu 5 Jan 2012
at 20:34
Re: Last Memento
Regin silently listened to Brennha and answered her questions when he could get a word in but most of the time he just let her talk and walked along quietly beside her.

Once they were back at the city Regin went straight to Chanter Derek to conclude the mission and collect his money
Narrator
 GM, 287 posts
Mon 9 Jan 2012
at 16:37
Re: Last Memento
Chanter Derek accepts the amulet from Regin and exchanges it for 50 silver: "And Eileen spoke unto the masses, 'My hearth is yours, my bread is yours, my life is yours.For all who walk in the sight of the Maker are one'," the Chanter says in way of thanks to the dwarf and his companion.
Regin Smithforge
 player, 23 posts
Wed 11 Jan 2012
at 14:19
Re: Last Memento
Not putting any stock in the blessings of the human god Regin held his tongue and smiled at the Chanter as he gathered up the pouch of coins and headed out the door to find a hot meal, a strong ale and a warm bed.
Narrator
 GM, 288 posts
Wed 11 Jan 2012
at 15:36
Re: Last Memento
There are a few taverns in the area. They have reopened following the previous day's earthquake and many are full.

(OOC: I'll hook you up in the tavern the bar crawlers visit as soon as they get there. :) )