SA CHP 1: The Table Laughed.   Posted by aaaFate.Group: 0
Yang
 player, 14 posts
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 19:37
SA CHP 0: Meetings
     Before they begin Yang will cast Shield of faith on Bobble & Conan, then he will draw out his shield and cast Inflict light wounds line up behind the Meat-shields to follow them in tucking in next to the door.  Then he will wait for Yin to come up to the door with her sling out.
     Yin will cast Magic stone in the hall wait for the boys to go in and then take up a position just out of the room, checking both directions for stray patrons, and when all is clear say;  "We are ready."
      Yang then will channel Negative energy, selecting out all ally characters.   Wash, rinse, repeat.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:45, Sun 12 Apr 2020.

aaaFate (Makoto n Chito)
 GM, 161 posts
 The story so far...
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 20:37
SA CHP 0: Meetings

Makoto will cast a Mage Armor on herself.
Bobble(14rdnds left) and Conan(15 rnds left) have a buff; Shield of Faith +2 deflection ac
Bobble and Yang have Buff; Protective Luck, until attacked

Damage
MIMIC  ? dam 

Conan
Bobble
Yang
Yin
Makoto
Chito

Bobble enters the room, rapier at ready in 1 hand and a bottle in the other.
Conan enters behind him, his big flail in a 2handed grip.
Makoto, dagger and Jug in her hands, and Yin, rocks in hand, flank the door in the hallway.
Yang, with shield and glowing black hand, walks into the doorway behind the door and starts concentrating.  You can feel waves of energy coming from him, icky negative energy that threatened to drain your life, but oddly feels muted and distant and doesn't hurt at all.  6, 5, 1, 5.  After this channel Bobble notices the floor between the beds start to move, but doesn't react fast enough to act before it.  Everyone had looked at that part of the room in looking around and had noticed nothing wrong.  Mimics are scary.
OOC: There is a surprise round, the Mimic goes first.

Now Bobble goes on the Surprise round(1 action) and Conan, Yang and Makoto go before the Mimic at the top of the 1st round(full round).

Round Surprise
Mimic
The floor suddenly comes alive and roars "arghhh..." as it pushes Conan back 5', knocking over the table and chair in the process.  It almost seems to slip and miss, but it gets lucky and hits.  The floor behind it is now a hole exposing a couple of floor joists and the ceiling of the dining room down below.  One wrong step and you could have a leg go through the floor below.  You get the impression that the mimic is angry and hurt, and eyeing Yang as his next meal.

Now Bobble goes on the Surprise round(1 action) and Conan, Yang and Makoto go before the Mimic at the top of the 1st round(full round).

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:04, Thu 16 Apr 2020.

Yang
 player, 15 posts
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 20:59
SA CHP 0: Meetings
     "HELLFIRE & DAMNTION!  this this thing is fast!" Yang thingks to himself.  Then in a cool and collected voice.
     "Now Ms'Makoto your up, get some ale on this thing!"
     Then He will reserve an action to attack with his inflict wounds.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:30, Sun 12 Apr 2020.

Bobble
 player, 23 posts
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 21:31
SA CHP 0: Meetings
In the surprise round Bobble will attack with his Rapier with a dexterous lunge.
Not very good, rolled a 2 for an 8 total...

Standard Action : Attack
Move Action     :
Swift Action    :
Free Action     :

HP: 19/19  |  AC/TH/FF: 19/17/13  | CMB/CMD : +0/14   | Saves: F/R/W +1/7/-1 (+2 vs illusion)
[list]
       (De)Buffs :
       Abilities :
           Wands :
       Medallion :
  L1 Spell like abilities DC15 : dancing lights, ghost sound,
prestidigitation, and speak with animals

This message was last edited by the player at 21:35, Sun 12 Apr 2020.

Conan
 player, 22 posts
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 21:39
Re: SA CHP 0: Meetings
"What the ....!" exclaims Conan as the floor comes alive, he was ready for combat but just a shocked when the floor comes barrelling down at him with the table and chair.   He deftly moves aside from the Mimic's attack  but will swing his flail at it ready to pull out his dagger once the flail is stuck.

Standard Action : attack with flail
Move Action     : draw out dagger
Swift Action    :
Free Action     :

HP: 26/26   |  AC/TH/FF: 19/113/18 | CMB/CMD : +6/+17   | Saves: F/R/W +6/+4/+3

       (De)Buffs : Shield of Deflection: +2 deflection to AC (15 rnds)
       Abilities : Power Attack:Trade melee attack bonus for damage/ Furious Focus:No PA PENALTY for 1st combat rnd
           Wands :
       Medallion :
(Conan didn't do power attack this first rnd. But will use all other rnds = wanted to see if I hit the monster first)
OOC: 14:27, Today: Conan rolled 21 using 1d20+6.  To Hit w/ flail.
     14:31, Today: Conan rolled 14 using 1d10+9.  possible Mimic Damage.
     14:37, Today: Conan rolled 5 using 1d20+4.  Reflex save to see if flail gets stuck to monster

This message was last edited by the player at 21:55, Sun 12 Apr 2020.

aaaFate (Makoto n Chito)
 GM, 162 posts
 The story so far...
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 22:26
Re: SA CHP 0: Meetings


Damage
MIMIC  ?+14 dam 

Conan 9 dam
Bobble
Yang
Yin
Makoto
Chito

Bobble enters the room, rapier at ready in 1 hand and a bottle in the other.
Conan enters behind him, his big flail in a 2handed grip.
Makoto, dagger and Jug in her hands, and Yin, rocks in hand, flank the door in the hallway.
Yang, with shield and glowing black hand, walks into the doorway behind the door and starts concentrating.  You can feel waves of energy coming from him, icky negative energy that threatened to drain your life, but oddly feels muted and distant and doesn't hurt at all.  6, 5, 1, 5.  After this channel Bobble notices the floor between the beds start to move, but doesn't react fast enough to act before it.  Everyone had looked at that part of the room in looking around and had noticed nothing wrong.  Mimics are scary.
OOC: There is a surprise round, the Mimic goes first.

Now Bobble goes on the Surprise round(1 action) and Conan, Yang and Makoto go before the Mimic at the top of the 1st round(full round).

Round Surprise
Bobble attacks with his rapier and misses.

Round 1
Yang waits for someone to use some alcohol on the thing...

Conan swings his flail down onto the mimic...and it gets stuck again.

Makoto moves around the corner and dumps her jug of alcohol all over the mimic.  Conan's flail comes loose.  She has a knife out so she is flanking with Bobble.

...Yang easily touches the mimic with his black glowing hand.  The black glow seems to flow into the mimic and a wound appear on it.
OOC: 19+ to hit, but min dam, ouch

Mimic switches focus to Conan, slamming into the halforc with tremendous force, 9 dam.  You can swear it looks surprised when it's adhesive doesn't work.

Your turn.  Use the previous map(below) except Makoto is now in the doorway next to the mimic.  Also, please record the buff spells and durations (see msg 77) in the buff section...Bobble and Yang.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:29, Mon 13 Apr 2020.

Bobble
 player, 24 posts
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 22:44
Re: SA CHP 0: Meetings
Take that beast! Bobblle flanks and hits! He makes up for his miss with a critical

15:40, Today: Bobble rolled 25 using 1d20+6.
15:40, Today: Bobble rolled 26 using 1d20+6.

Sadly he only did 6 points of Damage
Standard Action   continue to flank and attack
Move Action     :
Swift Action    :
Free Action     :

HP: 19/19  |  AC/TH/FF: 19/17/13  | CMB/CMD : +0/14   | Saves: F/R/W +1/7/-1 (+2 vs illusion)
[list]
       (De)Buffs :
       Abilities :
           Wands :
       Medallion :
  L1 Spell like abilities DC15 : dancing lights, ghost sound,
prestidigitation, and speak with animals

This message was last edited by the player at 22:47, Sun 12 Apr 2020.

Conan
 player, 23 posts
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 22:46
Re: SA CHP 0: Meetings
Standard Action : grabbing back flail and swinging it again (attack) Conan rolled 23 using 1d20+6.  To Hit w/ flail/  Conan rolled 14 using 1d10+9.
Move Action     :
Swift Action    :
Free Action     :

HP: 17/26   |  AC/TH/FF: 19/13/18 | CMB/CMD : +6/+17   | Saves: F/R/W +6/+4/+3

       (De)Buffs : Shield of Deflection: +2 deflection to AC (15 rnds)
       Abilities : Power Attack:Trade melee attack bonus for damage/ Furious Focus:No PA PENALTY for 1st combat rnd
           Wands :
       Medallion :
Yin
 player, 4 posts
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 23:32
Re: SA CHP 0: Meetings
     "Dang! she's faster than Mim was."  Yin intones.
      Looking in Yin doesn't see many wounds to her allies; besides Conan looks very tough, so she will attack with a -4 with her magic stone.  She could get lucky.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:43, Sun 12 Apr 2020.

aaaFate (Makoto n Chito)
 GM, 164 posts
 The story so far...
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 11:58
Re: SA CHP 0: Meetings


Damage
MIMIC  ?+35 dam   dying

Conan 16 dam
Bobble
Yang
Yin
Makoto
Chito

Round 1
Bobble attacks with his rapier and does damage.

Yin waits for Makoto to get out of her way....

Round 2
Conan swings his flail down onto the mimic...and hits it a glancing blow.  The mimic is seriously hurt (at 0 hps), but not dead yet.

Makoto moves back carefully so as not to provoke an AOO.

...Yin throws a magic stone, but misses.

Yang ducks behind the door, letting Conan and Bobble fight the thing.

Mimic desperately tries to fight for it's life as it reaches out to grapple Conan.  Conan tries to avoid it and counter attacks(AOO), but fails to connect with his AOO.  Conan feels the pseudopod wrap around him, doing 7 dam, and then it goes limp as that action caused the mimic's wounds to worsen and it starts dying.
OOC:  We are out of combat for now.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:14, Mon 13 Apr 2020.

Bobble
 player, 25 posts
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 14:16
Re: SA CHP 0: Meetings


Bobble will be sure to deliver a coup de gras to the dying mimic.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:26, Mon 13 Apr 2020.

aaaFate (Makoto n Chito)
 GM, 165 posts
 The story so far...
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 15:43
Re: SA CHP 0: Meetings
Bobble carefully kills the mimic and it ceases movement.  Makoto comes over and starts examining the mimic, "Hmmm...".  After a few moments of silence Chito wanders into the room, looks in the hole in the floor before she moves over near Makoto.

What are you going to do now?
Bobble
 player, 26 posts
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 15:51
Re: SA CHP 0: Meetings
Hmmm, there must be some loot around here. This thing ate people. Let me look in the hole. Bobble will search carefully around the hole and then in it.
aaaFate (Makoto n Chito)
 GM, 166 posts
 The story so far...
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 16:42
Re: SA CHP 0: Meetings
Bobble looks in the hole with the exposed floor joists and the ceiling of the dining room down below.  He notices that the "floor" of the space between the 2nd floor floor and 1st floor ceiling is cleaner 1 way than the other.  Something has been recently shoved down that hole.  Gauging the space, Bobble could probably fit down the joist space but it would be tight (ooc: no escape artist check needed).
Bobble
 player, 27 posts
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 17:32
Re: SA CHP 0: Meetings
Bobble slips a length of silk rope from an inside pocket of his cloak and ties it around himself. He tosses the other end to Conan and says Pull me out if I start screaming or if I give 2 sharp tugs on the rope please. Who knows if there are young ones down there. He will pull a dagger and place it in his teeth and enter the hole.
aaaFate (Makoto n Chito)
 GM, 167 posts
 The story so far...
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 19:28
Re: SA CHP 0: Meetings
Bobble crawls into the space between the joints.  He is pretty light so the ceiling doesn't collapse.  Makoto continues her examination while Conan holds onto the rope near the hole.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:41, Mon 13 Apr 2020.

Conan
 player, 24 posts
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 20:33
Re: SA CHP 0: Meetings
In reply to Bobble (msg # 91):

Conan will look at the magic users once the fight is over and say, "Can one of you clerical types heal me, I seem to have sprung a few leaks, as he looks himself over."   Once Bobble throws him the rope with instructions, Conan will pull on the rope and say with a good natured grin on his face, "Just checking the rope and your responses."   As Conan lets him go down the hole.
Bobble
 player, 28 posts
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 21:52
Re: SA CHP 0: Meetings
Bobble will use his appraise skill to sort through the stashed stuff under the floor and pull out any valuable items. The ordinary items he will put aside for the innkeeper to deal with later. He will keep his eyes open for any baby mimics.
aaaFate (Makoto n Chito)
 GM, 168 posts
 The story so far...
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 23:06
Re: SA CHP 0: Meetings
It takes Bobble a few trips to get everything out of the crawl space.  Then he starts going through it.  The floor boards that the mimic replaced are also there.  Makoto is of the opinion that this mimic was the same age but better fed.


several broken potion/alchemical bottles
1 intact potion bottle with opaque greenish liquid in it, made of stronger glass, marked jump
Scroll tube with scrolls, several have been ruined by the lost potions/alchemical items
4 scrolls have survived
Spellbook with some pages ruined,
masterwork rapier medium
masterwork longbow medium
2 daggers
20 arrows
112 gp
Wayfinder/ https://aonprd.com/MagicWondro...?FinalName=Wayfinder
clothes, 2 spell component pouches and bags, mostly ruined by exposure to the lost potions/alchemical items

  As you are sorting the loot the manager arrives with some stuff.  He can also identify the items as belonging to the 2 guests who "left without paying".  They left, but not by the door, by a mimics stomach.  1 was a male elf probably a wizard and the other a nondescript human, neither was a usual guest.
  The manager will introduce you to Silanthe, a female elf cleric of "Abdar"(LN, God of cities and money).  She has been hired to provide you the touch of law and channel positive energy healing.  She also has available a wand of magic weapon (20gp for a use) and a wand of liberating command (manager will pay if she needs to use this).  The manager can also provide 1 scroll of Detect Aberrations (CL1).  Everting else was unavailable.  Also, the local wizard was busy and the local druid was on a trip.
OOC: I rolled for availability and had MY levels of luck.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:01, Tue 14 Apr 2020.

Conan
 player, 28 posts
Wed 15 Apr 2020
at 23:10
Re: SA CHP 0: Meetings
With the fight over and things have settled down to a dull roar as it were, Conan will seek out a bath and than a room for the night by saying to all present ans motioning the manager aside to conduct his business, "I bid you all a doo and we can divvy up the spoils come morning.    I am tired from both the fighting and from the road and because of such I will probably sleep, sleep of the dead tonight."
aaaFate (Makoto n Chito)
 GM, 172 posts
 The story so far...
Wed 15 Apr 2020
at 23:42
Re: SA CHP 0: Meetings
Hmm, you know you haven't finished searching the Inn yet.

OOC;  I am waiting for you guys to tell me what your plan is and what you are going to do with the "stuff" from msg95.
quote:
  The manager will introduce you to Silanthe, a female elf cleric of "Abdar"(LN, God of cities and money).  She has been hired to provide you the touch of law and channel positive energy healing.  She also has available a wand of magic weapon (20gp for a use) and a wand of liberating command (manager will pay if she needs to use this).  The manager can also provide 1 scroll of Detect Aberrations (CL1).  Everting else was unavailable.  Also, the local wizard was busy and the local druid was on a trip.

 


You have a cleric with the law domain.  She will do the following for free (the manager has already paid for her services;
- touch of law
- positive energy healing
- use the spell liberating command if needed
As a separate service she will use a wand of magic weapon for 20gp per use.

There is also 1 scroll of Detect Aberrations (CL1).

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:54, Wed 15 Apr 2020.

Bobble
 player, 31 posts
Thu 16 Apr 2020
at 00:35
Re: SA CHP 0: Meetings
I am curious about the scroll of detect aberration. What is the duration? Is it mobile? Would it cover the whole inn? If so, we need to cover as much ground as possible to find any more of the critters. Then we kill them. Otherwise we kill a chicken and see if we can attract any of them with the blood.
aaaFate (Makoto n Chito)
 GM, 173 posts
 The story so far...
Thu 16 Apr 2020
at 10:08
Re: SA CHP 0: Meetings
Makoto will explain the spell ( https://aonprd.com/SpellDispla...=Detect%20Aberration ).  Yin and Yang believe they can use ( https://aonprd.com/Skills.aspx...Use%20Magic%20Device ) the scroll with the help of the Cleric of laws Touch of Law ( https://aonprd.com/DomainDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Law ) ability.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:23, Tue 21 Apr 2020.

Conan
 player, 29 posts
Thu 16 Apr 2020
at 16:35
Re: SA CHP 0: Meetings
"Hell's Bells," exclaims Conan when he finds out that he isn't finished fighting yet.   "You know if I don't get my 8 to 12 hours of beauty sleep, I become cranky, and that is BEAUTY sleep, folks.   Seriously though, it might be easier if the cleric could cast the aberration detection spell on the whole inn, that way we could attack the nest or these things one by one."
aaaFate (Makoto n Chito)
 GM, 174 posts
 The story so far...
Sun 19 Apr 2020
at 15:16
Re: SA CHP 0: Meetings
  Yin/Yang arrived at an Inn while tracking down their father. After engaging in a fist fight with some locals and then rescue the manager from a mimic, they met Conan, Bobble and Makoto.  After killing another mimic, they made sure the Inn was clean of mimics and then had a discussion about their (except for Makoto) supposed common father.  They come up with 2 leads, a village called Dawnton and Laketown.  You decide to split up with Yin/Yang going to Dawnton and Conan, Bobble and Makoto going to Laketown.
  It also turns out there was another mimic in town that your actions alerted the authorities to, so in recognition your group is given a 1/2 full wand of clw.  The manager can also give you an Ioun Torch and your promised reward for 2 dead mimics.  In this case the grateful town will buy the goods at full price if you want to sell them.


This is where I will list Loot and stuff.
Yin
Yang

CHP 1
gp   item
150  scroll of invisibility(cl 3)
25   scroll of magic weapon(cl 1)
150  scroll of Silence(cl 3)
138  Spellbook with some pages ruined,
320  masterwork rapier medium
375  masterwork longbow medium
1    20 arrows
4    2 daggers
50   1 intact potion bottle with opaque greenish liquid in it,
                     made of stronger glass, marked jump

25   scroll of obscuring mist(cl 1)
112  gp
500  Wayfinder/ https://aonprd.com/MagicWondro...?FinalName=Wayfinder
375  wand clw(cl 1, 1d8+1, 25chgs) to group CBM
75   Ioun Torch/ https://aonprd.com/MagicWondro...nalName=Ioun%20Torch

500  reward for 2 mimics
2800 + 100gp each


2800/5 +100 = 660gp each