Day 1 Shipwrecked.   Posted by zzFate.Group: 0
Kalid
 player, 29 posts
 Ac 10t=10ff=10/hp9of13
 F+4R+0W+5/ per +7
Fri 1 Oct 2010
at 19:41
Re: Day 1
Kalid moves over in support of Jask, ready for action if someone tries anything violent.
zzFate
 GM, 69 posts
 The unforgiving jungle
Fri 1 Oct 2010
at 20:43
Re: Day 1


As the confrontation is about to boil over, Miro and Silverspar react quickly.  As the bottle floats into the air and Silverspar gets in the middle, Miro gives a stirring speech;
Gelik Aberwhinge - nod's his head in agreement muttering defensively, "She started it."
Jask Derindi - looks at Miro with a thoughtful glance, sweating profusely.
Sasha Nevah - keeping an eye on Ishirou, she relaxes, muttering, "It's too hot to fight anyway."
Ishirou - nodding to Sasha, they both take their hands off their weapons.

Aerys has other ideas and starts to charge toward the the bottle, but slowed by the sand, "Stupid gnomes, why did there have to be 2 of them."  At least, that is what she meant to say, as her words begin to slur together.  She takes a couple of steps, each one weaker than the one before...and collapses into the sand at Oro's feet.  Oro looks back at Miro for direction.

Gelik is also friendly...another 100xp for the group.
Kalid
 player, 30 posts
 Ac 10t=10ff=10/hp9of13
 F+4R+0W+5/ per +7
Fri 1 Oct 2010
at 20:43
Re: Day 1
Having been expecting this, Kalid is not surprised at the collapse and is kneeling by her side in an instant.  Shaking his head, and casting create water to wet a strip of cloth, "The heat is a merchant that extracts a fearsome price.  Ladies, quickly take her behind the bushes and get her out of this armor.  Then use this wet cloth to cool her down.  Once she decent, we will revive her.  If she takes care, she should be well soon."
Calida
 player, 40 posts
 AC10 T10 FF10; 10/10 hp
 F+0 R+0 W+2 / per +0
Fri 1 Oct 2010
at 21:08
Re: Day 1
Calida isn't especially surprised by Aerys' collapse either, after having talked with Kalid.  "I do not doubt that you could, but I am not at all certain that you should.", she replies quietly to Aura's offer, as she moves over to Aerys' side and listens to Kalid's instructions, nodding her understanding.  "Aura, Sasha, would you mind terribly giving me a bit of a hand here, please?", she asked politely, not especially wanting to drag Aerys, but not figuring she'd have much luck trying to carry her in a more dignified manner by herself.
zzFate
 GM, 70 posts
 The unforgiving jungle
Fri 1 Oct 2010
at 21:29
Re: Day 1
Aura and Calida, with grudging assistance from Sasha.  Move Aerys behind some bushes and take off her armor.  Once she is decent, Kalid and Jask will tend her.

Got to go too work, I will post npc stuff over the weekend, feel free to talk amongst yourselves, ask stuff of the npc's, etc...
Aura Elia
 player, 27 posts
 AC14 T12 F12/HP 9 of 9
 F+2 R+4 W+0 / per +7
Sat 2 Oct 2010
at 01:44
Re: Day 1
Aura helps to the best of her abilities, but mutters something about decency being relative to sociall expectations... And based on Aerys' actions so far decency is the last thing to expect from her... Then she realizes you are talking about clothing.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:00, Sat 02 Oct 2010.

Silverspar
 player, 24 posts
 ac=13,t=10,ff=13/hp11of14
 f=3,r=1,w=1/per +0
Sat 2 Oct 2010
at 04:35
Re: Day 1
Once the situation is defused, Silverspar will walk slowly over to where he was laying and resting and do that again.
zJask Derindi
 NPC, 6 posts
Sat 2 Oct 2010
at 21:55
Re: Day 1
Kalid;
He is also a cleric, sharing many of the same skills, and from the Southern continent.

Miro
You are both from Sargava.  He will approach Miro, "I am quite mpressed, you are quite good with your magic.  But you seem to lack knowledge of the underlying principles (ie:know:arcana and spellcraft).  Would you like to learn?"

Aura Elia
You share a thirst for knowledge, and he is well educated.  "I speak Azlanti, Osiriani and Polyglot (see the NPC thread).  I have always wanted to learn Elven..."

Silverspar
You share a love of travel and Know:Geography and he would like to hear about life in the far north.  "Cheliax is colder than where I was born, but your home is colder still.  How do you live there?"

Calida
He can sympathize with your feelings about Cheliax and understands what you went through.  He spent 10 years in Cheliax, "If you need advice, I am at your disposal."  He sort of reminds you of an uncle type figure.

NPC's
He tries to steer a neutral course throgh the groups politics.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:26, Sat 02 Oct 2010.

zGelik Aberwhinge
 NPC, 6 posts
 1 dam
Sat 2 Oct 2010
at 22:17
Re: Day 1
Kalid;
He is so busy hanging out with the rest of the group, he has little time for Kalid.

Miro
He will toss Miro a nod, "Us "Gnomes" have to stick together, huh." in an obvious dig at Aery's mistake.

Aura Elia
"I might be able to help you find stuff".  He to is from Varisia, so he feels a certain kinship with Aura.  "Too bad that scholar lady, Ieana, didn't make it."  He is full of questions and seems incapable of NOT asking them.

Silverspar
He tells Silverspar and Sasha a great joke about a stuckup lady paladin, subtly making Aerys out to be a fool.  He to is from Varisia, so he feels a certain kinship with Silverspar.

Calida
He stares at Calida, "You are gorgeous, I can see epic tales told of men trying to win your affection.  To bad all I do is make jokes, maybe..." amd he looks thoughtful, thinking.

NPC's
Aerys becomes the target of all his jokes, in subtle ways that are easy to see, but hard to protest.  He finds a willing collaborator in Sasha.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:29, Sat 02 Oct 2010.

zzFate
 GM, 71 posts
 The unforgiving jungle
Sun 3 Oct 2010
at 00:09
Re: Day 1
The rest of the afternoon pass quietly and in the late afternoon/early evening the rain and heat have both let up enough to allow activity.  During the day, this;

is seen flying overheard.  It is too far for any sort of knowledge check.

Aerys has a suit of masterwork studded leather, a tricorn hat, a dagger, a suit of armor padding/clothes and a belt pouch with what feels like paper, ink and quills it.  She has yet to regain consciousness, but the healers both agree she will recover from THIS episode...

Ishirou is dour and initiates no conversations.

1/3 of the food is eaten (2/3 of a day (-1/3 was the lobscorpion) x12 "people"= 8 days), the bodies are buried with their clothes on, the maps are consulted and it is confirmed...this is Smuggler's Shiv!

ooc:
There is now a map

What do you do with the supplies?

Please respond with a list of things you would like to accomplish/what you want to do.  Put them in order first, then second, then 3rd...

Silverspar
 player, 25 posts
 ac=13,t=10,ff=13/hp11of14
 f=3,r=1,w=1/per +0
Sun 3 Oct 2010
at 21:33
Re: Day 1
Silverspar will strap on the short sword and mw stud leather

To do group
- take care of the supplies


Persoal to do
- look for the appropriate wood and stuff to make a bow and arrow
- he will guard at night (and work on his bow at the same time)
Aura Elia
 player, 28 posts
 AC14 T12 F12/HP 9 of 9
 F+2 R+4 W+0 / per +7
Sun 3 Oct 2010
at 23:07
Re: Day 1
Being an artisan, Aura will do what she can to make necessary items for survival... to this end she will not be taking on one of the five campsite roles unless absolutely necessary. "If you need me to do something less useful than what I am already doing, I will do it." If needed Aura could do any of the roles needed, and she will claim one of the three Belaying Pins to use as a makeshift club.


Priority One: Assemble an improvised Laboratory;
Steps to accomplish: Find additional pieces / Assemble the lab

Find Additional Pieces
Aura will take Gelik up on his offer and at a time more suitable than the hottest part of the day will walk along the beach and close to the edges of the jungle to search for shells, coconuts, and other objects appropriate to the task. Rolled a 12 survival and 22 know:nature (using the new use of know:nature for a half day roll for spell component supplies)

Assembling the Lab.
To this end Aura will lay claim to the Various odds-n-ends (a spoon, a cup, 1 full set of mismatched clothes) and one of the Shovels, and if no one else wants it the Darkwood model of the Jenivere in a glass bottle (if its worth 100gp, then crafting the lab will be worth the cost of using the darkwood)... to which she would remove the model from the bottle, and probably use bits and pieces of it in actually assembling the lab as well as the bottle in distilling. Let me know if I can take 10 or 20 on this, or if I need to roll for it.


Priority Two: Craft Kalid a Shield.
Shield, Armorsmithing, DC 12 (Heavy Wooden worth 70s)
Scavenge one-third of the itemís price for the cost of raw materials (Heavy =24s, which would be the empty barrel(20s) plus some other scavenged materials worth 4s)  Rolled a 19 on the check, meaning it takes roughly 68 hours during the week to complete a Heavy Wooden Shield for Kalid... unless you wanted a Light Shield? Cause that would only take 32 hours and there would be some barrel left over ;p

After Aura crafts the Shield, she will take on any other requests or needs for the group. Weapons, Armor, Clothing?

Clothing... Aura did say that she would help Calida with her outfit.  Craft 17 to help her make an outfit more suitable to the climate.


Lowest Priority: Antidote/Antitoxin.
Since I am using the glands to make it I am sure that it will be a "tailored" antitoxin.  If I can wait until I have the Lab I will do so for the +2 bonus, but if Sasha gets worse I will make it the top priority.  DC 25 craft Alchemy check, cost is 500s, meaning that this is going to take quite a while to craft it, also I need 167s worth of scavenged items for the antitoxin... based on what I know about the glands, they are totally not worth that... so I'm probably going to have to use the rum and/or brandy to even out some of the cost. Based on the rolls I just made I don't think I can do this at this level unless I can take 20, and then it will probably take weeks, unless I can get some aid or something.
Calida
 player, 41 posts
 AC10 T10 FF10; 10/10 hp
 F+0 R+0 W+2 / per +0
Sun 3 Oct 2010
at 23:24
Re: Day 1
Calida didn't really know a lot about getting anyone out of or into armor, but the trio eventually managed to get Aerys out of her hot gear anyway.  She thanks Sasha politely for her help, knowing she wasn't really eager to help, and figuring a little diplomacy and a kind word or two might help defuse things a bit.  She keeps an eye on Aerys' belongings, not wanting them to get 'lost' while the woman recovers.  She's curious about the pouch, but refrains from opening it, knowing in a similar situation, she wouldn't really want anyone going through her belongings.

She spends a little time talking with Jask - now that she's not prohibited by the captain from speaking to him, and reasonably convinced he's not a mass murderer, she finds she rather likes the cleric.  They talk for a bit about life in Cheliax, and she replies to his offer with a smile, "I do appreciate that, Jask.  You seem to have a good and level head on your shoulders, and we have a bit of a shortage of those just now.  So I am sure I will take you up on that.  And if you should see anything that needs to be boiled in its shell or set on fire, just let me know.", she added, with a slight grin and a waggle of her fingers.

She takes Gelik's compliments in stride - after all it was hardly the first time anyone had commented on her appearance, though it was probably the most unusual setting for it.  "Thank you.  I will admit I do not feel all that gorgeous just now - I usually had a small army of handmaidens insuring not a hair was out of place.  I am fairly certain that more than a few hairs have gotten astray at this point.", she joked.  "And having just escaped having my affections used as a bargaining chip for my family's advancement, my affections could perhaps use a bit of a break.  But I know you do not only tell jokes; I enjoyed many of your stories aboard ship, and I hope you will continue to regale us with them here.  Who knows, perhaps you will even gain some new stories here in this place to tell when you get back to civilization again?"

Once she's done speaking with Jask and Gelik, Calida attempts to talk with Ishirou for a bit and try to get a feel for him, as the one of the castaways she'd had the least to do with thus far.  Sitting down on the sand beside him, she smiles at him and says, "Ishirou, we have not really had much of a chance to talk thus far, with all the excitement.   I wanted to let you know that Kalid and Jask think Aerys will be all right, this time, at least.  She should have a little easier time of it out of her armor - I cannot even imagine trying to wear heavy leather in this weather - my dress is fairly light and it is still quite hot enough for my tastes.  Longer term, well, Aerys is not entirely well and I am not certain that things will not get worse before they get better.  But even if sometimes it may not seem to her like we are trying to help her, I hope that you might give us the benefit of the doubt in the future?  This is a difficult enough situation without us dividing off against ourselves."


Calida will spend her free time attempting to keep morale up amongst the castaways, making prodigious use of prestidigitation to flavor food and drink as people desire and clean things up, as well as mending, if needed, to fix rips, tears and breaks.  Her primary desire in the short term is to get a good night's sleep so she can recover her spells.  She leaves any hunting or guarding to people with skills better suited for that sort of thing.  If she's not busy during any given day, she'll probably try taking on the Entertainer role.
Kalid
 player, 31 posts
 Ac 10t=10ff=10/hp9of13
 F+4R+0W+5/ per +7
Mon 4 Oct 2010
at 06:19
Re: Day 1
Will consult with the others, "While she sleeps, what is to be done about Aerys.  Should we allow her the bottle in the hopes that she will be more tractable.  Or pour the stuff out to remove temptation.  I am unsure as to the best course of action."

Kalid will hunt for food.
zzFate
 GM, 72 posts
 The unforgiving jungle
Mon 4 Oct 2010
at 07:55
Re: Day 1
Gelik Aberwhinge will help Calida boost morale (entertainer) and Jask Derindi will volunteer to watch Aerys and make sure everyone remains healthy (medic).

Ishirou contemplates what Calida says and nods his head in agreement.  "Perhaps those that died were the lucky ones."  He seems to come to a decision and shrugs, "What would you have me do?  I have experience at guarding and setting up defenses."  He seems willing to accept Calida's direction...for now.

Sasha Nevah pokes listlessly around the edge of the jungle, and follows Silverspar as he looks nearby for materials.  But using here injury as an excuse, she begs out of any heavy work.  "I guess I could do some hunting or trap setting," she says without conviction.

After Miro has posted I will advance the story with your "To Do Lists".
Miro
 player, 57 posts
 Ac 13t=13ff=11/hp08of08
 F+01R+02W+04 / per +01
Mon 4 Oct 2010
at 13:16
Re: Day 1
zJask Derindi:
Miro
You are both from Sargava.  He will approach Miro, "I am quite mpressed, you are quite good with your magic.  But you seem to lack knowledge of the underlying principles (ie:know:arcana and spellcraft).  Would you like to learn?"


"I think that that would really help me.  Thank you!"  Miro gives Jask a large smile at the offer.

Kalid:
Will consult with the others, "While she sleeps, what is to be done about Aerys.  Should we allow her the bottle in the hopes that she will be more tractable.  Or pour the stuff out to remove temptation.  I am unsure as to the best course of action."


"Well, I think I remember something about how you're not supposed to drink alcohol when it's really hot out, because you'll dehydrate faster.  If we let her have it, couldn't we be killing her?  I think we should boil off the alcohol, and fill it back up with water, leaving just the flavor of the brandy, then let her have that."


Miro's first task is to assist in the finding and construction of shelter.  As he's having a bad day the first time he tries it, he attempts it again.  His second attempt meets with about as much success as the first, but his third try is an overwhelming success as far as finding a suitable location goes.  It takes him half as much time on his success, as each failure did previously, and this time includes preparing it to the point that it can be lived in.

Excited, Miro rushes back to the group to lead them to the new site.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:20, Mon 04 Oct 2010.

Oro
 player, 12 posts
 Ac 14t=14ff=12/hp11of11
 F+03R+04W+00 / per +04
Mon 4 Oct 2010
at 13:20
Re: Day 1
Between Miro's attempts at finding a suitable site, the two of them stop by the wreck so that Oro can dive down and see if anything else can be found of use, such as tools, or Miro's trunk from the crew bunks, or his spear.
zzFate
 GM, 73 posts
 The unforgiving jungle
Mon 4 Oct 2010
at 21:50
Re: Day 1
Miro and Oro disappear into the jungle scouting for a better campsite.  He thought he had seen some good locations on the last trip to the wreck.  Later the group will see Oro climbing down the cliff and entering the water.
Miro returns without Oro.

Aerys eventually wakes up and her first thoughts are about her pouch.  She is relieved that it is still closed.  After getting it back she just holds it and lays back watching what is going on.

Calida and Gelick chat with everyone.

Aura is a whirlwind of activity, much of it incomprehensible to those without spellcraft.  With the proper shells and such, she gets a minimal lab running.
OOC: You will need to make a Craft:Alchemy roll to see how many of your mutagens, bombs and extracts you get.  You can add to your lab each day you don't move.

Silverspar finds some suitable materials, but figures it will take several days to make a bow.

That night, around the campfire, the darkness seems to hold unknown terrors and even Gelick's stories seem to hold little hope.

Ran out of time, will post more tues, but I have a dentist appointment, so it may be wed.
Calida
 player, 42 posts
 AC10 T10 FF10; 10/10 hp
 F+0 R+0 W+2 / per +0
Tue 5 Oct 2010
at 18:00
Re: Day 1
Calida's not overwhelmed by the flow of positive emotions coming from Ishirou, but at least he seems to be willing to listen for now.  She figures she can work on him some more later - they seem to have little but time during the heat of the day, after all.  "Maybe you could try to set up some defenses?  We are rather exposed here, and the lobscorpions are likely not the most dangerous threat on this island.", she suggests.

Calida shares her thoughts about Aerys when Kalid asks, "Well, we could be here for some time yet, and I doubt we have a sufficient supply of alcohol to last even one person.  That being the case, I am not certain we would be doing her any favors by continuing to supply her, and we would likely just be pushing conflict further down the road.  If we need the alcohol for some other purpose, then I think we should keep it under guard; if not, then perhaps we should simply rid ourselves of it.  She will not perish without it, will she?", she asked Kalid, having a vague idea that the answer was no, but quite willing to defer to his and Jask's expertise on health matters.  "And if we need it, I can likely flavor any amount of water to taste like brandy or rum, but while that is a clever suggestion, I do not think that would satisfy her craving."
Miro
 player, 58 posts
 Ac 13t=13ff=11/hp08of08
 F+01R+02W+04 / per +01
Wed 6 Oct 2010
at 20:57
Re: Day 1
Miro hangs onto the bag and the tools, intending to use it in establishing the new camp and spreading access to it after that was done.  The next morning, Miro's first action is to once again summon Oro, immediately afterwards pricking his finger with a needle and using the blood to rejuvenate Oro's remaining wounds.  This done, he questions Oro on what he encountered down below.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:10, Wed 06 Oct 2010.

zzFate
 GM, 74 posts
 The unforgiving jungle
Wed 6 Oct 2010
at 22:04
Re: Day 1
   After sunset while sitting around watching the waves crashing on the shore, the group notices that the waves become infused with an eerie greenish radiance, almost as if the surf were glowing. Aura investigates this, fascinated.  She turns to the group (minus Tand and Aerys) and explains that this eerie occurrence is a natural phenomenon caused by phosphorescent algae and plankton in the water.  While she is talking, Sasha screams and points behind Aura.  The group clearly see a brighter glowing churning in the water moving just under the surface ACROSS the motion of the surf.  They catch a brief glimpse of a ghostly humanoid shape serenely floating in the surf.  It looks like the crewman you buried, beckoning you closer.  Then, he is gone.  If you stare at the surf, you can get brief glimpses of sailors drowning.  The shores of Smugglerís Shiv are haunted by the spirits of the hundreds of shipwrecked sailors who have drowned before ever reaching shore!

   Ishirou grips his sword and has a worried look.  Sasha says with a slight hysterical note to her voice, "So it is haunted....we're all going to die" and she runs back to the fire.  After such a tiring day everybody, except Silverspar, fall asleep, 1 by 1.






CAMP DUTIES
? or none yet
Miro
Aerys Mavato

Defender:
Ishirou

Entertainer:
Calida
Gelik Aberwhinge

Guard:
Silverspar-night
Tand-day

Hunter:
Kalid,

Medic:
Jask Derindi

Special
Aura Elia

I will move on to the morning tomorrow, no wandering encounters this night.
Aura Elia
 player, 29 posts
 AC14 T12 F12/HP 9 of 9
 F+2 R+4 W+0 / per +7
Thu 7 Oct 2010
at 07:35
Re: Day 1
PM
Calida
 player, 44 posts
 AC10 T10 FF10; 10/10 hp
 F+0 R+0 W+2 / per +0
Thu 7 Oct 2010
at 18:30
Re: Day 1
Calida's interested in Aura's explanation of the greenish radiance, but the apparition that appears behind the woman quickly draws her attention away, and seems to somewhat stretch the point of it being a totally natural phenomenon.  The sorceress doesn't seem quite as unnerved by the spectacle as Sasha, but it's still more than a little eerie.  "Well, at least we made it to shore.", she said, sounding rather unconvincing even to herself.  She settles in around the fire, but has difficulties sleeping, even after such a tiring day, so she pulls out the logbook and begins to read through that by the flicking firelight, though the growing frown on her face suggests that the contents of that might not be greatly enhancing her state of mind.  Finally, she closes the book and manages to drift off, even with the worried thoughts cascading through her head.
Kalid
 player, 32 posts
 Ac 10t=10ff=10/hp9of13
 F+4R+0W+5/ per +7
Fri 8 Oct 2010
at 17:39
Re: Day 1
Kalid will use positive energy on the surf to see what effect it has, and to heal everyone of hp damage.
zzFate
 GM, 76 posts
 The unforgiving jungle
Fri 8 Oct 2010
at 17:45
Re: Day 1
Everyone can assume they are at full hp by next morning.

Jask will also channel positive energy to aid Kalid.  The green glow IS a natural occurrence, just like Aura said.  But the surf IS also haunted.  While the channelings will disrupt the hauntings for the moment, those with any knowledge: religion doubt it will last.  Jask says, "It's like trying to light the darkness with a tindertwig.  You can effect the immediate area, but there's a whole lot of darkness around that returns when the light goes out."