Mothballed thread.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Shakkra
 player, 2 posts
 Level 1 Tiefling Bard
 Sweet Singing Siren
Wed 12 Oct 2011
at 18:49
Re: The Slaying Stone
She didn't bother to respond to Bridget as far as the request she made went, she just simply decided to follow the advice.  After all, she looked she knew what she was doing.  No reason to think otherwise until something happens to suggest that she didn't.

She growled at the wolf that chomped into her leg angrily, raising her wand and cursing at the creature in a language that she hadn't spoken yet (Draconic) before looking over to the wolf near Bridget.

Attack: Misdirected Mark on Gray Wolf 1

Roll of 6 + 6 = 12 Miss vs reflex

This message was last edited by the player at 06:22, Thu 13 Oct 2011.

Gray Wolves
Thu 13 Oct 2011
at 04:36
Re: The Slaying Stone
The two gray wolves attack Bridget, tearing at her legs, but are unable to pull her down!

00:27, Today: Narrator rolled 20 using 1d20+7. wolf 1 v bridget.
00:29, Today: Narrator rolled 8 using 1d6+5. damage to bridget.
00:29, Today: Narrator rolled 27 using 1d20+7. wolf 2 v bridget.  11 damage

Gray wolf 2 shifts east 1 square.

Bridget HP: 4
Bridget
 player, 3 posts
 Strategy Machine
 Lawful Good
Thu 13 Oct 2011
at 04:44
Re: The Slaying Stone
Bridget says, "These wolves came looking to feed themselves, but tonight, they will feed us." her words of inspiration helping her to push past her pain as if she hadn't been injured. Bridget then moves forward, smacks the wolf several feet, knocking it unconscious. She then turns and hits the other wolf, smacking it down just like its comrade. She points at Ravenous Wolf 2. "Focus on that one!"


(Minor: Inspiring Word on Self.)
 Rolled a 1. Oh well. 6 HP is better than none.
(Standard: Tide of Iron v Wolf 1. Hit(27)!)
 dmg: Win. Didn't bother rolling since minimum would kill it.
 Push target 1 and slide into vacated space.
(ACTION POINT!)
(Standard: Basic Melee v Wolf 2. Hit(25)!)
 dmg: 11
(Move: Move down 1 to be adjacent to Ravening Wolf 2.)


Bridget HP: 4 + 6 = 10
Gray Wolf 1 HP: 2 - minimum 5 dmg = Dead
Gray Wolf 2 HP: 9 - 11 = Dead

This message was last edited by the player at 04:46, Thu 13 Oct 2011.

Gale Sargas
 player, 8 posts
Thu 13 Oct 2011
at 05:23
Re: The Slaying Stone
"Well done, Bridget," Gale commends, "This next spell might make them all unable to attack for a moment.  But only if we stay out of their reach."

Her eyes glow and she holds her hand out.  The wolves move in, then yelp and back away from Gale!

Readied: Beguiling strands v wolf 1,2,3 when they end their move actions.

1d20 +5 >= 14
1: 20 + 5 = 25 ... success
2: 14 + 5 = 19 ... success
3: 18 + 5 = 23 ... success

5 damage and push wolves up to three squares each.  Choosing to push 1!  Meaning they cannot charge!  So they all ready basic melees for anything that gets too close.

Ravenous_Wolf1 HP: 14
Ravenous_Wolf2 HP: 10
Ravenous_Wolf3 HP: 20

Liberty
 player, 2 posts
 Anger Management Failure
 Almost Neutral, but Good
Fri 14 Oct 2011
at 01:05
Re: The Slaying Stone
Liberty looks at the wolf she was invisible to and gives it a menacing glare. It yelps and collapses unconscious.


(Standard: Memory Hole v Ravenous Wolf 2. Hit(22)!)
 dmg: 10 (Mu-mu-mu-MAXIMUM damage! JUST enough to kill it!)
(Move and Minor not needed)


Ravenous Wolf 2 HP: 10 - 10 = 0

Brickelle
 player, 3 posts
 Level 1 Human Ranger
 Cute Little Sniper
Fri 14 Oct 2011
at 17:11
Re: The Slaying Stone
Seeing the wolves step back from Gale, she smiled a little.  Good puppies, hold still.  She said, pulling out an arrow, twirling it around her fingers before loading it into the bow, pulling the string back and releasing it, the arrow flying towards the wolf, catching the shoulder, causing the creature to yelp before she pulled out another one, sinking the arrow into the other shoulder.

As the first wolf fell to the ground, she swung around and fired two more arrows at the remaining beast, one of which went sailing off into the woods somewhere.  The other found its way into the eye of the beast, falling over dead.

Minor: Quarry on R. Wolf 1
Standard: Two Fanged Strike on R. Wolf 3

Attack 1: Roll of 14+6=20 vs AC (hit)
Attack 2: Roll of 11+6=17 vs AC (hit)

Damage: 1W+dex mod per attack

Damage 1: Roll of 11+5=16
Damage 2: Roll of 1+5=6

22 damage total.

Action point!

Twin Strike on R. Wolf 1

Attack 1: Roll of 10+6=16 (hit)
Attack 2: Roll of 2+6= yeah right.

Damage: Roll of 8.  Quarry Damage: Max
14 damage exactly.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:11, Fri 14 Oct 2011.

Shakkra
 player, 3 posts
 Level 1 Tiefling Bard
 Sweet Singing Siren
Fri 14 Oct 2011
at 17:14
Re: The Slaying Stone
Just as she was about to attack one of the last few beasts, arrows came whizzing by at an alarming rate with ridiculous accuracy, dropping the two animals before she could barely utter a word.  Nice shooting.  She said, starting to head towards the shelter again, just wanting to get out of the rain.
Bridget
 player, 5 posts
 Strategy Machine
 Lawful Good
Fri 14 Oct 2011
at 18:25
Re: The Slaying Stone
Bridget sheaths her sword, grabs a wolf and heads for the shelter. "Good job, everyone. There are 5 wolves. One for each of us. Whoever wants one, grab one." She is slightly surprised Shakkra didn't bother healing herself or Bridget, but then, Bridget has heard bards can heal just as magically during a rest as they can during combat.

She makes a mental note of the skills displayed so far. Everyone but Brickelle got hurt. Gale forced the wolves to be inept towards the end. Liberty did great at positioning and even finished one of the wolves. Shakkra healed Liberty. And, of course, Brickelle finished off two just like Bridget. Bridget is pleased with her team, and this was a decent test. A full pack of wolves taken out before the wolves could even think to retreat.


As a hybrid, I can only heal once and I used it. :\ Saving the "rest" for when we enter the shelter.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:28, Fri 14 Oct 2011.

Liberty
 player, 3 posts
 Anger Management Failure
 Almost Neutral, but Good
Fri 14 Oct 2011
at 18:34
Re: The Slaying Stone
Liberty nods and grabs a wolf, having to drag it since Liberty isn't all that strong. "Our pack was just a little more ravenous than theirs. I'm going to make a cloak out of this wolf." But even as she walks, Liberty keeps an eye out ahead of everyone. Not that Liberty is ahead, but her sixth sense is.


(Minor: Sensing Eye)
Gale Sargas
 player, 10 posts
Fri 14 Oct 2011
at 18:54
Re: The Slaying Stone
Liberty doesn't sense any more immediate danger, though likely more wolves will come to investigate the smell of blood in the air.

"Indeed," Gale says, using her mage hand to tie the end of her rope around the neck of one of the wolves so she can drag it relatively easily.

Gale knocks on the door and an old lady answers who gasps at the sight of the wounded adventurers and the dead wolves.

"Please come in!" she says before Gale can even get a word in, opening the door wide.

Once inside the warm, yet very crowded first floor, the group had already made a wet, muddy puddle at the threshold, but the old lady doesn't seem to mind at all and she closes the door to keep the rain out.

"My lord!" she calls up the stairs, "We have guests!  They're injured!"

"I'll look for bandages!" a man's voice calls down.

"Don't forget towels, my lord!" she reminds.

"Yes, yes, of course."

A regal man in his mid forties descends the stairs to join them, carrying towels and bandages.

"This is my Lord Kiris Alkirk," the old lady says, passing out towels, "My name is Treona.  Welcome.  Please, make yourselves comfortable at the fire."

"I'll bring more chairs," the man says, rushing back upstairs.

"Thank you for your hospitality," Gale says with a smile, "My name is Gale.  This is Bridgett, Shakkra, Brickelle, and Liberty.  We were attacked by wolves, but we handled ourselves rather well and we have a magical healer among us, so we'll be fine."
Brickelle
 player, 4 posts
 Level 1 Human Ranger
 Cute Little Sniper
Sat 15 Oct 2011
at 19:48
Re: The Slaying Stone
She whispers a prayer for the souls of the animals that had fallen before them, taking the idea of making a cloak out of them to be a good idea and it would put the pelt to good use as opposed to just throwing it aside.  The beast would make a fine meal, but the weather was reminding her that she needed to get inside before she got sick.

Grabbing her wolf by the tail, she dragged it into the building, shaking her head to get a couple of loose strands out of her face only to have half her face covered in long red strands going every which way.  As she dragged the wolf inside, the let go of the dead animal and bow, pulling her hair out of her face and smiling.
Shakkra
 player, 4 posts
 Level 1 Tiefling Bard
 Sweet Singing Siren
Sat 15 Oct 2011
at 19:54
Re: The Slaying Stone
It took a good deal of effort to drag the beast into the shelter, but she managed to do so, though she was the last one to get inside and just laid the animal beside the door.  At least we have food for a while.  I think I will keep my pelt as well.  Might come in handy for something.  She said, noting the injury to her leg and Bridget.

She walked over to the fireplace and sat down, trying to warm up while thinking of a song for her to sing.  She smiled softly, thinking of home as she began to sing.

Kerran vain haaveeni nähdä sain
En pienuutta alla tähtien tuntenut
Kerran sain kehtooni kalterit
Vankina sieltä kirjettä kirjoitan

Luojani, luoksesi anna minun tulla siksi miksi lapseni minua luulee

Sinussa maailman kauneus
Josta kuolema teki minusta taiteilijan

Luojani, luoksesi anna minun tulla siksi miksi lapseni minua luulee

Luojani, luoksesi anna minun tulla siksi miksi lapseni minua luulee

Oman taivaan tänne loin
Anna minun päästä pois

Oman taivaan tänne loin
Anna minun päästä pois


Song of Rest.  Spending a healing surge to get to 22/23
Bridget
 player, 6 posts
 Strategy Machine
 Lawful Good
Tue 18 Oct 2011
at 20:25
Re: The Slaying Stone
Bridget says, "Thank you, Shakkra." then looks at Treona. "And thank you, Treona. My allies and I plan to use the meat and hide of these wolves later. Until then, where can we put these wolves so they don't cause this place to stink?" skinning is also stinky business, so she isn't going to do that right now.

(Spending 1 surge to regain 10 HP thanks to song of rest. HP is now 20 of 23.)
Liberty
 player, 4 posts
 Anger Management Failure
 Almost Neutral, but Good
Tue 18 Oct 2011
at 20:32
Re: The Slaying Stone
Liberty keeps an eye on the stairs and sets her sixth sense there to watch Lord Kiris Alkirk. These people may be nice. Then again, they may just be acting. Liberty doesn't trust them. She telepathically broadcasts to her allies, <<If they let us rest the night, at least one of us should stay awake and take shifts to watch the rest of us.>>

Although Liberty is tempted to use telekinesis to grab a towel, she doesn't make it obvious what she is capable of and instead takes the towel the old fashioned way.

(Minor: Sensing Eye on stairs)
(Minor: Thought Projection to "speak" with allies.)

Gale Sargas
 player, 11 posts
Wed 19 Oct 2011
at 21:54
Re: The Slaying Stone
<< No worries, >> Gale thinks back at Liberty, << These folks can be trusted. >>

Liberty can see Lord Alkirk busily stacking chairs at the top of the stairs in a hurry like he just got a surprise visit from a king.  Before long he hefts the chairs and begins carefully descending the stairs.

"Waste not, want not," Treona says with an approving nod, "No need to worry yourselves with that, they're fine where they lay for now.  I'm sure you'd rather a hot meal right away than wait a long while for me to cook up your game."

She takes a pot from the fire and takes the lid off.  The room is instantly filled with the savory aroma of home made stew full of veggies and seasoning.  She takes a small taste and nods.

"It's ready."

She gets to passing out bowls and spoons while Alkirk sets up chairs.

"You're guess is quite right, Treona," Gale says with a smile, "That smells soo appetizing I can hardly wait.

"Kiris...  That's the name of the rulers of the fallen town of Kiris Dahn."


A look passes Alkirk's face like he's recalling a painful memory.

"Eight years ago the citizens were forced to abandon Kiris Dahn," he answers, "In the face of an overwhelming goblin invasion, the populace scattered to other settlements or secluded lives.  The goblins took over Kiris Dahn and live there still."

"My Lord is the last heir in the Kiris line," Treona says.
DC 5 insight: They seem honest enough.  DC 10: They're definitely an item.  DC 15: All this hospitality is probably because they're going to ask the group to brave the goblin lair to recover something for them.
Brickelle
 player, 5 posts
 Level 1 Human Ranger
 Cute Little Sniper
Thu 20 Oct 2011
at 14:45
Re: The Slaying Stone
<<I trust them too, Liberty.  It should be okay to sleep here.>>  She thought to Liberty, letting out a little yawn and smiling, looking over to the good smelling food.  It does smell rather tasty.  Thank you for your hospitality, Miss Treona and our thanks to Lord Alkirk as well  She said, waiting patiently for some stew.  She was starting to get sleepy as well as it had been a long day.

Insight.  Roll of 9 + 2 = 11

This message was last edited by the player at 14:46, Thu 20 Oct 2011.

Shakkra
 player, 5 posts
 Level 1 Tiefling Bard
 Sweet Singing Siren
Thu 20 Oct 2011
at 14:52
Re: The Slaying Stone
She did enjoy singing, a slight smile on her face as she finished her song, opening her eyes as Bridget spoke.  You're welcome.  I hope you enjoyed it.  She said simply.  She takes the offered bowl and spoon and waits for the meal, thoroughly enjoying just the aroma of it, wondering how good it will actually taste.

Roll of 11 + 1 = 12
Liberty
 player, 5 posts
 Anger Management Failure
 Almost Neutral, but Good
Thu 20 Oct 2011
at 23:51
Re: The Slaying Stone
Liberty telepaths, <<Yeah... well I don't trust fate. Besides, the only reason they're being this nice is because they're about to ask us to go to Kiris Dahn and use our "talents" to do them some kind of huge favor.>>

Liberty says, "Eight years ago, I wouldn't have been much help. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm one of the survivors since I don't remember my parents. I woulda been... 2 years old maybe."


(Rolled a crit on Lib's insight check. O.o Not that she even needed a roll, her passive would have sufficed.)
Bridget
 player, 7 posts
 Strategy Machine
 Lawful Good
Thu 20 Oct 2011
at 23:56
Re: The Slaying Stone
Bridget is no singer. Neither is Liberty, but still. Bridget asks, "Nobody has made any attempt to retake Kiris Dahn?" she is certainly surprised if the answer is "correct", but wouldn't be surprised if the answer is "some have tried, nobody succeeded so far". Either way, her being expressionless leaves anyone wondering what her true feelings on the matter are.


(Rolled a 9. +0. Her passive could have figured the two were a couple, but this fits Bridget better. She doesn't care about romance as that involves more emotion than she is willing to invest.)
Gale Sargas
 player, 12 posts
Sun 23 Oct 2011
at 05:44
Re: The Slaying Stone
The stew is both very savory and less than perfect.  It was cooked in a very old cast-iron pot so it has a burnt flavor to it, but at the same time that means it has a distinct smoky flavor.

"I sure did," Gale answers Shakra with a smile, giving her a cute little girly applause.

<< I don't trust fate either, Liberty, >> Gale paths back, << Which is why I haven't mentioned our quest yet. >>

Treona covers her mouth and gasps, looking at Liberty pityingly on the verge of tears.  "Ten years old!  Poor dear!  You must have been so frightened by those nasty wolves!"

Gale headshakes.  "Liberty's a powerful child prodigy who's weathered things that would make a hardened war veteran curl up and cry like a baby.  Wolves and goblins aren't that big a deal."

Tears roll down Treona's cheeks.  "She's been through worse than goblins?!  Come here, sweetheart!"

She opens her arms, offering a hug to Liberty.

Alkirk headshakes to Bridget's question.  "If we could we would.  The regional Lord promises that as soon as he has the troops to spare he'll rout the goblins, but for the past 8 years all his troops have been 'busy' guarding more valuable lands.  All my other appeals are met with silence."
Brickelle
 player, 6 posts
 Level 1 Human Ranger
 Cute Little Sniper
Sun 23 Oct 2011
at 14:40
Re: The Slaying Stone
Hearing the situation at Kiris Dahn, she couldn't help but frown.  Sounds like the Lord isn't a very good man, leaving his people alone to deal with such a nasty threat like this.  How rude of him.  She says, enjoying the stew, not paying much mind to the burnt flavor.

Finishing her bowl, she sits it on the table in front of her, patting her belly.  Mmmm, Tasty.  Thank you so very much.  She says.  <<Let me guess.  They want us to go take care of the goblins and retrieve some magical item for them?>>  She telepaths to Liberty.
Shakkra
 player, 6 posts
 Level 1 Tiefling Bard
 Sweet Singing Siren
Sun 23 Oct 2011
at 14:43
Re: The Slaying Stone
She smiled, like an actual smile when Gale applauds her performance!  Even though the smile is short lived, it was a smile none the less.  She could taste the burnt flavor in the stew, but she didn't want to upset the kind people or to seem ungrateful, so she simply ate, listening to the telepathic conversation with the rest of the group.

<<At least it won't be boring.>>  She adds telepathically.
Bridget
 player, 8 posts
 Strategy Machine
 Lawful Good
Sun 23 Oct 2011
at 17:57
Re: The Slaying Stone
Luther Mahoney comes to mind. Yes, he was a slithering, slimy snake, but if someone attacked one of his people, he would demolish the attackers. His method was to send a message so people didn't dare mess with him. And many people were too frightened to snitch as a result.

Bridget actually doesn't question the morality so much as the sanity of a ruler willing to just sit back and let someone take land from him. "What kind of numbers, defenses, and terrain are we facing?" Bridget asks.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:57, Sun 23 Oct 2011.

Liberty
 player, 6 posts
 Anger Management Failure
 Almost Neutral, but Good
Sun 23 Oct 2011
at 18:04
Re: The Slaying Stone
Liberty looks unphased by the burnt taste. Actually, she does like that smokey taste it gives as a result. Liberty gives Treona a confused look (This pic's almost exactly what I imagined expression-wise: http://wwwdelivery.superstock....tock_1525R-56355.jpg ).

Bridget says, "It's OK, Liberty. Just go to her like she asked."

Liberty nods and walks over to Treona.
Gale Sargas
 player, 13 posts
Tue 25 Oct 2011
at 03:33
Re: The Slaying Stone
"Far too many for your group to face alone, if that's what you're suggesting," Alkirk answers in surprise at Bridget's question, "But there is a critical mission that could be taken on by a small group such as yours that could strike such a devastating blow to the goblin defenses that the town could then be retaken.  Such a group would be richly rewarded, of course."

Leona glomps Liberty and huggles comfortingly.

"Interesting," Gale says, "What kind of reward?"

Alkirk takes a deep breath and exhales with an apparent sadness in his expression.

"Besides the favor of the entire region and praise of it's king, there is likely treasure still hoarded by the enemy.  As much as you can carry would be your reward."