Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1.   Posted by teslas.Group: 0
teslas
 GM, 1854 posts
Wed 8 Jun 2011
at 01:22
Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
This sub-chapter may be quite long, and as such may be broken into more than one thread, hence the "#1".

The Lightsday sun heralds in a pleasant start to the week.

It is now 8:00am, and all of you are back aboard the MARY. The crew is well-rested and eager to go. The new compliment of marines have made their place aboard and the modification to the lowest deck is complete. If anything, the additional men seem to make the ship feel more healthy.

The second shift of sailors has been asleep for a short while and the first shift are lowering the sails. VIL and JACK stay awake for a moment to discuss setting out before heading down to sleep before their shift.

Cornelia has been feeding your sailors and marines while docked. Your previous food stores have been recalculated with the additional personel taken into account and can be found in the Party Inventory thread.

JACK, you're able to get a read on the weather well enough to know there will be no issues this day.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:13, Wed 08 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 1856 posts
Wed 8 Jun 2011
at 01:41
Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The entirety of the following is "out of character" and is information you all would already know about and have probably already discussed.

You have several options on how to proceed. Your map on board your ship has the Aldi clearly labeled. There are many marks indicating pirate coves and a few indications of sahuagin strongholds.

There are several destinations to which you could logically proceed, listed by proximity.

1: Cornelia (duh)
2: Rockwood
3: Bouldershallow (Dwarven docks to the west)
4: Unnamed Town that GERY describes as a pirate haven Knowledge (Geography)
5: Port Elfheim

Elfheim lies nearly directly south across the sea. There are many more markings of sahuagin activity in the center of the sea than on the outskirts. To circumvent them, if desired, you'd have to travel along either the eastern or western coastlines.

The eastern path would take you a good halfway back to Provoka before meeting land and turning south, following a huge chain of coastal mountains. Along the way you'd encounter the as-yet unnamed pirate city.

The western coastline would take you past Bouldershallow as well as the now collapsed pass to the greater oceans.

Estimated travel times:
Straight-shot through the open sea: 3 days~
Eastern coastline: 6 days~
Western coastline: 12 days~

NPC advice/opinions:

DUNN suggests that the MARY is a fairly fast ship, and this may restrict sahuagin engagements to a few small clashes, if any. He also warns of the possibility of being unlucky and finding enough to qualify as a proper skirmish, potentially having the creatures outnumber humans on the boat, possibly on more than one occasion.

GERY does not like the idea of passing by the pirates again--especially with how resource-starved and potentially desperate they are getting. He seems to not know much about sahuagin, but is confident you are capable of defeating such dumb and savage sea creatures.

VIL would rather get the trip over with than choose a route that could double or quadruple the time it requires to get there over basically unsailed waters for the past two decades.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:15, Wed 08 June 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1172 posts
 White Mage
Thu 9 Jun 2011
at 01:43
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Zeig takes to the alchemy lab and hustles through an Aquaveil potion early in the morning.  150 gil of supplies and finished in 2 hours

21:41, Today: ZEIG rolled 32 using 1d20+12. Craft (Alch) - Aquaveil. DC 22
CL 3 - lasts 3 minutes, +8 concentration checks against losing a spell

This message was last edited by the player at 02:06, Thu 09 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 1865 posts
Thu 9 Jun 2011
at 02:34
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The party resolves to set out across the sea directly, straight to Elfheim.

The beginning of the first day goes well. The MARY cuts through the subtle waves of the sea at her steady pace. DUNN is quite pleased with what he sees. "I apologize, but I thought the speeds your deck officer was claiming the ship traveled might have been a bit of an embellishment," he says to the person currently serving as captain.

JACK and VIL are currently asleep down in the hold with the second shift. The sun is beginning to set.

ZEIG is still near his alchemy set, having finished his potion but still adjusting things for tomorrow's efforts. DAI is at the helm standing (what he thinks to be) mightily with the pirate captain's hat on his head. LOGG is up in the rigging of the central mast sneaking a nap. (10' of DC 10 balance check to make it to the mast, and 25' of climbing (or falling) to be back on the deck).

10 sailors including GERY and 5 marines are also in the hold asleep. None of the sailors or marines are labeled on the ship's map, as they will move out of the way for you if you move. They, for all intents and purposes, are evenly distributed around the boat based on standard ship's duties.

The sailor in the crow's nest begins ringing the alarm bell, though most of you cannot quite make out what he's yelling. DC 18 Listen check

You can of course wait for the result of your listen check before proceeding (I'd roll them for you but I'm about to head out to dinner). You all have 1 round of actions to take (standard/move) before anything else happens. Feel free to spend your Standard action attempting to get another Listen check at the sailor in the crow's nest. JACK, you are asleep in the hold and therefore do not act quite yet.

There are currently 4 marines on deck including DUNN, one marine on the cannon deck, 8 standard sailors in the rigging and on deck, and 2 petty officers--one on the fore half-castle and on on the aft with the person steering the ship.

PCs (and VIL) are their standard characters on the map. LOGG, the central 'X' is the mast you're up. If you have any questions about movement up there apart from what I've described, please ask.

For additional information on the ship's map (which we will be using more than this one time for sure), please check the Party Inventory thread.

Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
. . . 
... ... ... . 
..... --#-- ..... ... .
..o.. ...ZA #---# ---#- ...
..... .....c.....c..o.. .
..X.. ..X.. ..X.. ..X.. ...
%---% %#-#% %...% %...% ...
              ...o...      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |V..|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |.....|        |..J|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              ...X...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |...|
              ...o...      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
%-X-% %#X#% %.X.% %-X-% -#-
..H.. .....c.....c..... ...  
..D.. ..... --#-- ..... ...
..... --#-- ..... ...--- 
... ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:36, Thu 09 June 2011.

DAI
 player, 1070 posts
Thu 9 Jun 2011
at 02:38
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
19:38, Today: DAI rolled 20 using 1d20+1. listen.

OOC: Will put my round of actions after hearing what is being yelled.
LOGG
 player, 110 posts
Thu 9 Jun 2011
at 02:43
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
21:41, Today: LOGG rolled 15 using 1d20+3. Listen check (DC 18).

OOC: Well, I don't think I hear, Meh I'll do my actions after everyone else
ZEIG
 player, 1173 posts
 White Mage
Thu 9 Jun 2011
at 02:46
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
22:45, Today: ZEIG rolled 13 using 1d20+4. listen.

Zeig rushes upstairs and looks around hurriedly.

"What?  What is the alarm for?"
teslas
 GM, 1866 posts
Thu 9 Jun 2011
at 03:43
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
ZEIG rushes over to a door, opens it, and looks around wondering at the cause of the alarm. All actions expended. You are now in the doorway looking out onto the deck.

DAI squints slightly before he acts, listening intently.  Full-round action remaining.

LOGG hears the yelling, and readies himself ready to take action at the ready. You're right. You hear nothing but the sailor yelling while the bell overpowers him. You still have a full-round action left.

JACK and VIL continue to doze rather peacefully.

edit-
LOGG's readiness!

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:49, Thu 09 June 2011.

DAI
 player, 1071 posts
Thu 9 Jun 2011
at 03:59
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Someone wake up JACK and VIL! We have Saguagins coming up the sides of the ship, non-fighters stay below deck, make sure you close all openings down there!" DAI draws out his wands of Lock and Ice Slick, getting ready for what was coming.
teslas
 GM, 1867 posts
Thu 9 Jun 2011
at 04:00
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG, your actions cannot take into account what DAI has said, though you can attempt to spend a Standard action to listen more closely to the sailor in the crow's nest. On LOGG and ZEIG's next turn they will have heard DAI, as will have the majority of the marines/sailors on deck.
LOGG
 player, 111 posts
Thu 9 Jun 2011
at 04:38
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
23:37, Today: LOGG rolled 20 using 1d20+3. Listen check (DC 18).

OOC: there... much better... putting ranks in that when I can....
JACK
 player, 1027 posts
Thu 9 Jun 2011
at 04:43
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
00:43, Today: JACK rolled 9 using 1d20 with rolls of 9. Listen.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
teslas
 GM, 1868 posts
Thu 9 Jun 2011
at 17:09
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG, you now have one move action left. See above post about where you are.
LOGG
 player, 112 posts
Thu 9 Jun 2011
at 17:18
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG, upon hearing about brown lizard-like things coming up the side of the ship, tries to climb down to the deck.

12:17, Today: LOGG rolled 25 using 1d20+7. climbing down.
teslas
 GM, 1870 posts
Thu 9 Jun 2011
at 18:16
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Going to just glaze over the fact that you completely missed the part where you had to Balance first and do it for you, even though I mentioned it several times including PMs... I hate you guys so much, I really do.

LOGG nimbly jogs over to the mast then begins to climb down at a brisk pace.
13:12, Today: teslas, on behalf of LOGG, rolled 18 using 1d20+10. DC 15 Balance.
13:14, Today: teslas, on behalf of LOGG, rolled 5 using 1d20+2. Accellerated Climb (-5) check, DC 5.


LOGG ends his movement 15' above the deck of the ship, and lets go of the ladder.
13:15, Today: teslas, on behalf of LOGG, rolled 13 using 1d20+9. DC 15 Tumble to reduce fall.
Unfortunately, he fumbles his landing in his excitement, twisting his ankle.
13:16, Today: teslas, on behalf of LOGG, rolled 3 using 1d6. Non-lethal intentional fall damage.
teslas
 GM, 1872 posts
Thu 9 Jun 2011
at 18:30
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The sailor ringing the bell suddenly stops. None of you can see him up there any longer.

A sailor on the deck of the ship begins yelling that he sees lizard-men climbing up the side of the ship. Some of the other sailors and marines run to look for themselves. The marines draw their crossbows.

Initiative. JACK, don't roll initiative quite yet. You will "act" at the end of every round. When you wake up you will roll for it.

ZEIG is standing in a doorway (#)
s = Sailor (the ones in the hold are in hammocks, sharing the same squares)
there are more sailors in the rigging as well as the one that was previously seen in the crow's nest
m = Marine
U = DUNN
G = GERY

Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
s . . 
... ... ... . 
..... --#-- ..... ... .
..o.. ....A #---# ---#- ...
..... .....c.....c..o.. .
.sX.. ..X.. ..X.. ..X.. s.s
%---% %#-Z% %...% %...% s.s
              ...o...      c.....c       |.....|        |..G|
              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |V..|
              ..[=].s      c.[=].c       |.....|        |..J|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              s..XL..      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |...|
              m..o.m.      c..m..c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
%-X-% %#X#% %.X.% %-X-% -#-
..Hs. .....c.....c..... m.m  
m.D.. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..U.. --#-- ..... ...--- 
..s ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---


edit-
Again, if you have issues with the map, check the Party Inventory thread. The map is explained further there. If you're still confused, please ask!

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:36, Thu 09 June 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1174 posts
 White Mage
Thu 9 Jun 2011
at 18:43
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
14:40, Today: ZEIG rolled 6 using 1d20-1. Initiative.
DAI
 player, 1072 posts
Thu 9 Jun 2011
at 22:19
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
15:18, Today: DAI rolled 19 using 1d20+2. init.

DAI eyes the man in the crow's nest confused. "Keep your wits about...there's more to this."
teslas
 GM, 1875 posts
Fri 10 Jun 2011
at 00:51
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
19:51, Today: teslas, on behalf of LOGG, rolled 9 using 1d20+4. Initiative.
teslas
 GM, 1876 posts
Fri 10 Jun 2011
at 01:11
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
A sahuagin holding a staff pokes his head up over the edge of the railing of the ship. After a brief glancing around it holds its head back, elongates its neck, then spits a torrent of water at the sailor nearest to it looking over the railing.
20:05, Today: teslas rolled 12 using 2d6+2. elemental water damage.
20:05, Today: teslas rolled 23 using 1d20+5. RTA vs. FF sailor.

The surprised sailor is caught unprepared. He is smacked dead-on and flops to the deck of the ship horribly injured and unconscious.


Due to the new map which is quite complicated and large, I have put enemies in bolded blue so that you can find them more easily. The blue will disappear after one round (because it really fucks up the constant-width spacing for me).

Between the few torches lit on the ship and the waning sunlight there are no visibility issues on deck.

Round 1:
21: Sahag Priest
19: DAI
15: petty officers - Flat-footed
10: DUNN           - Flat-footed
 9: LOGG           - Flat-footed
 8: Marines        - Flat-footed
 8: Sahag Raiders  - Flat-footed
 6: ZEIG           - Flat-footed
 4: sailors        - Flat-footed
--: JACK           - Sleeping
--: VIL            - Sleeping
--: GERY           - Sleeping

$ = Sahag Priest
1,2,3,4,5 = sahuagin raiders
players are their normal characters
s = Sailor (both regular sailors and your two petty officers, there are more in the rigging)
b = unconscious body of an ally (see below)
m = Marine
U = DUNN
G = GERY

Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
s . . 
... ... ... . 
..... --#-- ..... ... .
..o.. ....A #---# ---#- s..
..... .....c.....c..o.. s^s
.sX.. ..X.. ..X.. ..X.. s.s
%---% %#-Z% %...% %...% s.s
              ...o..$      c.....c       |.....|        |s.G|
              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |V.s|
              ..[=].b      c.[=].c       |.....|        |s.J|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              s..XL..      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |...|
              m..o.m.      c..m..c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
%-X-% %#X#% %.X.% %-X-% -#-
..Hs. .....c.....c..... m.m  
m.D.. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..U.. --#-- ..... ...--- 
..s ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

Once again, if you have any questions about the map, check the Party Inventory thread and then ask in the OOC if you're still confused.


Unconscious bodies of allies who are not PCs or major NPCs will be shown with a 'b'. If you're curious as to who it is, check previous posts or ask me on AIM if you're lazy. Enemies will always be on the map so long as they are alive, even if they are unconscious, so check the initiative order to see who or what is alive/unconscious.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:18, Tue 11 Dec 2012.

DAI
 player, 1073 posts
Fri 10 Jun 2011
at 01:26
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI 5 ft steps to the right, dropping his wand of Ice Slick at his feet, before throwing his hand forward as a torrent of small stones flies from within his sleeve, aiming for the sahuagin priest.

18:25, Today: DAI rolled 17 using 2d12+6. stone damage.
18:25, Today: DAI rolled 21 using 1d20+4. stone(RTA) Sahuagin Priest.
Choosing to forego the rough terrain.

teslas
 GM, 1877 posts
Fri 10 Jun 2011
at 01:35
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The Sahuagin priest shrieks as and after the magical stones bludgeon him.

The petty officer manning the helm shifts to the position DAI was in and stares wide-eyed at the fight in front of him as he continues to pilot the MARY.

The other petty officer at the front of the ship runs to the deck hole, hangs by his hands, then drops down inside. He yells to the other sailor near him as he's running, "GET BELOW!"

DUNN moves over to the starboard stairwell, blocking it with his body, and loads his crossbow. "Engage and defend the helm!"

Round 1:
21: Sahag Priest
19: DAI
15: petty officers
10: DUNN
 9: LOGG
 8: Marines        - Flat-footed
 8: Sahag Raiders  - Flat-footed
 6: ZEIG           - Flat-footed
 4: sailors        - Flat-footed
--: JACK           - Sleeping
--: VIL            - Sleeping
--: GERY           - Sleeping

$ = Sahag Priest
1,2,3,4,5 = sahuagin raiders
players are their normal characters
s = Sailor (both regular sailors and your two petty officers, there are more in the rigging)
b = unconscious body of an ally (see below)
m = Marine
U = DUNN
G = GERY

Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. . . 
... ... ... . 
..... --#-- ..... ... .
..o.. ....A #---# ---#- s..
..... ..s..c.....c..o.. s^s
.sX.. ..X.. ..X.. ..X.. s.s
%---% %#-Z% %...% %...% s.s
              ...o..$      c.....c       |.....|        |s.G|
              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |V.s|
              ..[=].b      c.[=].c       |.....|        |s.J|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              s..XL..      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |...|
              m..o.m.      c..m..c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
%-X-% %#X#% %.X.% %-X-% -#-
..H.U .....c.....c..... m.m  
m.sD. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..... --#-- ..... ...--- 
..s ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

Once again, if you have any questions about the map, check the Party Inventory thread and then ask in the OOC if you're still confused.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:00, Fri 10 June 2011.

LOGG
 player, 114 posts
Fri 10 Jun 2011
at 05:22
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG attempts to ascertain an item the Sahuagin Priest has he then moves towards it and attempts to steal from it


00:15, Today: LOGG rolled 10 using 1d20+4. peek attempt on Sahuagin Priest. 00:18, Today: LOGG rolled 20 using 1d20+15. steal attempt on Sahuagin Priest.
teslas
 GM, 1880 posts
Fri 10 Jun 2011
at 05:40
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The injured sahuagin pulls away as LOGG attempts to snatch some of its jewelry.

The marines on deck that are looking over the side yell out that there are several, several more lizard-men climbing the sides of the boat.

One of them, the one standing port-side on the central deck, loads his crossbow then fires it over the edge at something. He then steps back 5'.
00:28, Today: teslas rolled 5 using 1d10. damage.
00:27, Today: teslas rolled 22 using 1d20+4. marine vs. climbing sahag.


The marine nearby on the same part of the ship loads his crossbow, takes a step, and fires his crossbow at the sahag priest's exposed head, but misses.
00:31, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d20. xbow firing into melee.

The marine near DAI and DUNN loads his crossbow and moves to block the other stairwell up to the helm.

The marine on the cannon deck runs down to wake the rest of the crew, dropping into a deck hole. He screams at the top of his lungs down into the hold to wake everyone. "TO ARMS. TO ARMS. WE'RE BEING BOARDED." JACK and VIL, DC 1 Listen check to hear it and wake up before next round.

Just then several sahuagin clamber onto the deck or expose their heads and shoulders. Unlike the first sahag, they appear to be wearing little to no clothing, and definitely nothing that could constitute "armor".

Sahuagin #6 rears its head up much like other sahuagin did and fires a column of water at the sailor nearest to him.
00:39, Today: teslas rolled 12 using 2d6+2. water elemental damage.
00:39, Today: teslas rolled 23 using 1d20+5. RTA vs. sailor.

A second sailor drops to the deck of the ship, very nearly dead.

All of the other lizard-men appear to have just finished climbing on board.

None of these sahuagins are climbing against the side of the ship like the first one ($) is. They are all standing normally.

Round 1:
21: Sahag Priest
19: DAI
15: petty officers
10: DUNN
 9: LOGG
 8: Marines
 8: Sahag Raiders
 6: ZEIG
 4: sailors        - Flat-footed
--: JACK           - Sleeping
--: VIL            - Sleeping
--: GERY           - Sleeping

$ = Sahag Priest
1,2,3... = sahuagin raiders
players are their normal characters
s = Sailor (both regular sailors and your two petty officers, there are more in the rigging)
b = unconscious body of an ally (see below)
m = Marine
U = DUNN
G = GERY

Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. . . 
... ... ... . 
..... --#-- ..... ... .
..o.. ....A #---# ---#- s..
..... ..s..c.....c..o.. s^s
.sX.. ..X.. ..X.. ..X.. s.s
%---% %#-Z% %...% %...% s.s
              ...o.L$      c.....c       |.....|        |s.G|
              .2.....      c.....c       |.....|        |V.s|
              6.[=]5b      c.[=].c       |.....|        |s.J|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              b..X.m.      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |...|
              .m.o..3      c.....c       |.mo..|        |.^.|
              1....4.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
%-X-% %#X#% %.X.% %-X-% -#-
m.H.U .....c.....c..... m.m  
..sD. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..... --#-- ..... ...--- 
..s ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

Once again, if you have any questions about the map, check the Party Inventory thread and then ask in the OOC if you're still confused.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:52, Fri 10 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 1881 posts
Fri 10 Jun 2011
at 05:42
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
00:41, Today: teslas rolled 14 using 1d20+1. VIL Init.
00:41, Today: teslas rolled 2 using 1d20-7. VIL Listen DC 1.
That's TWICE as many as he needed. Hell yeah.

He will act next round. He is currently laying in a hammock. Move action to stand up in a square adjacent to it or in the same square. (same for you, JACK)

edit-
spelling is hard

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:43, Fri 10 June 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1175 posts
 White Mage
Fri 10 Jun 2011
at 06:00
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Zeig weaves a pale light and casts it into the eyes of the sahuagin priest.  Fear DC 15

He then takes a 5' step back into the room (up).
teslas
 GM, 1884 posts
Fri 10 Jun 2011
at 06:18
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
This will be the last combat where I post enemy saving throws/skill checks. I will private them to myself so that you can later see them when the thread is archived, however.

The doorway in front of ZEIG is open. Later I'll think of a character to signify open doors >.>, but for now we'll just have to remember.

The sahag priest shakes off most of ZEIG's magic, but still appears somewhat affected for a moment.
01:03, Today: teslas rolled 17 using 1d20+7. Sahag priest Will save.

The sailors in the hold begin to stir and wake up, but still seem somewhat confused. The two sailors that are dying on the deck bleed out more, and the one on the fore half-castle dives into the room with ZEIG and the petty officer through the deck hole.

GERY awakens in his cot.
01:07, Today: teslas rolled 1 using 1d20-9. GERY listen.
01:08, Today: teslas rolled 5 using 1d20+1. GERY init.

JACK's eyes open as he is instantly ready to begin the fight.
01:10, Today: teslas, on behalf of JACK, rolled 8 using 1d20-10. Listen.
01:21, Today: teslas, on behalf of JACK, rolled 23 using 1d20+3. Init.


The sahag priest ($) casts a spell on LOGG. Spellcraft.
01:15, Today: teslas rolled 20 using 1d20+7. sahag concentration check, DC 17.
01:16, Today: teslas, on behalf of LOGG, rolled 4 using 1d20+2. DC 13 Fort save.
01:15, Today: teslas rolled 11 using 2d6+2.

LOGG feels injured while the priest appears to look better. The priest stays where it is, clinging to the side of the ship.

Round 2:
23: JACK
21: Sahag Priest
19: DAI
15: petty officers
14: VIL            - Flat-footed
10: DUNN
 9: LOGG
 8: Marines
 8: Sahag Raiders
 6: ZEIG
 5: GERY           - Flat-footed
 4: sailors
--: JACK           - Sleeping

$ = Sahag Priest
1,2,3... = sahuagin raiders
players are their normal characters
s = Sailor (both regular sailors and your two petty officers, there are more in the rigging)
b = unconscious body of an ally (see below)
m = Marine
U = DUNN
G = GERY

Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. . . 
... ... ... . 
..... --#-- ..... ... .
..o.. ....A #---# ---#- s..
..... .ss..c.....c..o.. s^s
..X.. ..XZ. ..X.. ..X.. s.s
%---% %#-#% %...% %...% s.s
              ...o.L$      c.....c       |.....|        |s.G|
              .2.....      c.....c       |.....|        |V.s|
              6.[=]5b      c.[=].c       |.....|        |s.J|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              b..X.m.      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |...|
              .m.o..3      c.....c       |.mo..|        |.^.|
              1....4.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
%-X-% %#X#% %.X.% %-X-% -#-
m.H.U .....c.....c..... m.m  
..sD. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..... --#-- ..... ...--- 
..s ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

Once again, if you have any questions about the map, check the Party Inventory thread and then ask in the OOC if you're still confused.

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:29, Fri 10 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 1885 posts
Fri 10 Jun 2011
at 06:22
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
I messed up on the Listen check thingie for JACK (thanks ZEIG). There is no feasible way for JACK or DAI's actions to affect one another, so both of you can act right now.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:22, Tue 11 Dec 2012.

DAI
 player, 1078 posts
Fri 10 Jun 2011
at 06:23
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
23:20, Today: DAI rolled 30 using 1d20+12. spellcraft.

DAI does a fierce movement with his hand, throwing another blast of stone, this time magically enhanced, at the Sahuagin priest.

23:22, Today: DAI rolled 11 using 2d12+6. stone damage, if hit.
23:22, Today: DAI rolled 11 using 1d20+9. Stone(RTA) Elem Seal, Sah Priest.
Choosing to forego rough terrain, though I doubt I hit.


GM Edit Skill Check Result-

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:32, Fri 10 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 1886 posts
Fri 10 Jun 2011
at 06:28
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The priest, partially shielded by the edge of the ship as well as his ally (#5) is not hit by DAI's spell.

The petty officer in the room with ZEIG is panicked. "Shit shit shit shit shi..." He does not move.

The other petty officer continues to man the helm.

VIL will act after JACK acts, so we're waiting on him.

Round 2:
23: JACK
21: Sahag Priest
19: DAI
15: petty officers
14: VIL
10: DUNN
 9: LOGG
 8: Marines
 8: Sahag Raiders
 6: ZEIG
 5: GERY           - Flat-footed
 4: sailors

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:34, Fri 10 June 2011.

JACK
 player, 1028 posts
Fri 10 Jun 2011
at 14:51
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack jumps up and makes his way up the nearest ladder.
teslas
 GM, 1895 posts
Fri 10 Jun 2011
at 21:49
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
JACK climbs up the ladder nearest him at a measured pace. Better to be safe than sorry. 20' expended.
16:19, Today: teslas, on behalf of JACK, rolled 9 using 1d20+3. Weak-ass climb check DC 5.
He then runs to a stairwell and bounds up it, ending his turn on the top deck.
16:37, Today: teslas, on behalf of JACK, rolled 26 using 1d20+10. Auto succeed DC 10 Balance check.
Auto-succeed on the second one as well.

Move action to jump out of hammock. Standard action used to move all that way. 50' of movement due to Deck Boots and class features.

VIL attempts to follow, but is an order of magnitude slower than JACK. He makes it up the ladder and into the cargo deck saying, "Wake the marines and then stay below," before he leaves.
16:40, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 1d20+3. VIL DC 5 climb check.

DUNN fires his crossbow at sahuagin #4, hitting it through the throat, but doesn't have Rapid Reload so his turn is over :(.
16:43, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 2d10. crit damage.
16:43, Today: teslas rolled 20 using 1d20+6. confirm.
16:43, Today: teslas rolled 25 using 1d20+6. DUNN xbow vs. #4.


Round 2:
23: JACK           - on top of stairwell (%)
21: Sahag Priest
19: DAI
15: petty officers
14: VIL
10: DUNN
 9: LOGG
 8: Marines
 8: Sahag Raiders
 6: ZEIG
 5: GERY           - Flat-footed
 4: sailors

$ = Sahag Priest
1,2,3... = sahuagin raiders
players are their normal characters
s = Sailor (both regular sailors and your two petty officers, there are more in the rigging)
b = unconscious body of an ally (see below)
m = Marine
U = DUNN
G = GERY

Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. . . 
... ... ... . 
..... --#-- ..... ... .
..o.. ....A #---# ---#- s..
..... .ss..c.....c..o.. s^s
..X.. ..XZ. ..X.. ..X.. s.s
%---% %#-#J %...% %...% s.s
              ...o.L$      c.....c       |.....|        |s.G|
              .2.....      c.....c       |.....|        |..s|
              6.[=]5b      c.[=].c       |...V.|        |s..|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              b..X.m.      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |...|
              .m.o..3      c.....c       |.mo..|        |.^.|
              1....4.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
%-X-% %#X#% %.X.% %-X-% -#-
m.H.U .....c.....c..... m.m  
..sD. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..... --#-- ..... ...--- 
..s ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

Once again, if you have any questions about the map, check the Party Inventory thread and then ask in the OOC if you're still confused.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:15, Sat 11 June 2011.

LOGG
 player, 118 posts
Sat 11 Jun 2011
at 05:01
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG focuses on the Sahuagin Priest trying to discern items it may have, then he attempts to steal from it, reaching for whatever he can get.

23:56, Today: LOGG rolled 18 using 1d20+5. peek attempt on Sahuagin Priest.
00:01, Today: LOGG rolled 26 using 1d20+15. steal attempt on Sahuagin Priest.

teslas
 GM, 1896 posts
Sat 11 Jun 2011
at 07:44
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG doesn't manage to see anything as he peers at the sahuagin priest again, but leans in regardless. As the sahuagin is turning its head, still keeping an eye on DAI after DAI severely damaged him, LOGG snatches a single earring off of its large, finned ear ridge. You now have a very, very small earring in your offhand.

The marine guarding the other staircase to the helm fires his crossbow at sahuagin #1, but misses.
02:25, Today: teslas rolled 8 using 1d20+4. marine xbow vs. #1.

The two marines on deck drop their crossbows and draw their swords. They both slash the sahuagin near them (#1 and #3) and then take a 5' step closer to one another.
02:29, Today: teslas rolled 12 using 2d8+8. crit damage.
02:28, Today: teslas rolled 21 using 1d20+6. confirm.
02:28, Today: teslas rolled 25 using 1d20+6. marine longsword vs #1.

02:30, Today: teslas rolled 7 using 1d8+4. damage.
02:30, Today: teslas rolled 17 using 1d20+6. marine longsword vs #3.


Sahuagin #1, injured by both a hearty strike from a sword and by a crossbow bolt is not looking healthy. He, in the same fashion as the previous sahuagin, spits a stream of water at the marine that shot and then stabbed it, blasting him squarely.
02:33, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 2d6+2. water damage.
02:32, Today: teslas rolled 20 using 1d20+5. #1 RTA vs. marine.

The lizard-man then jumps overboard back into the sea.

#2 charges at LOGG, flailing its trident which wildly misses his small frame.
02:36, Today: teslas rolled 17 using 1d20+10. #2 charging flank attack vs. LOGG.

#3 moves around behind while #4 also gets into position. They then both skewer him with tridents and #4 manages to tear some of his flesh with a savage bite.
02:39, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d4+1. bite damage.
02:38, Today: teslas rolled 8 using 1d8+3. trident damage.
02:38, Today: teslas rolled 7 using 1d8+3. trident damage.
02:38, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20+5. #4 flank bite vs. marine.
02:38, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20+8. #4 flank trident vs. marine.
02:38, Today: teslas rolled 17 using 1d20+8. #3 flank trident vs marine.

The marine is still standing after the assault, but he is not looking well.

#5 moves toward LOGG and stabs at him with its trident as well as attempts to bite him.
02:41, Today: teslas rolled 6 using 1d20+4. #5 bite vs LOGG.
02:41, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20+6. #5 trident vs LOGG.

LOGG easily evades both attacks.

#6 charges the already injured marine that was just hit with the blast of water, but isn't able to make contact through the marine's breastplate.
02:43, Today: teslas rolled 14 using 1d20+8. #6 charge trident vs. marine.

Round 2:
23: JACK           - on top of stairwell (%)
21: Sahag Priest
19: DAI
15: petty officers
14: VIL
10: DUNN
 9: LOGG
 8: Marines
 8: Sahag Raiders
 6: ZEIG
 5: GERY           - Flat-footed
 4: sailors

$ = Sahag Priest
1,2,3... = sahuagin raiders
players are their normal characters
s = Sailor (both regular sailors and your two petty officers, there are more in the rigging)
b = unconscious body of an ally (see below)
m = Marine
U = DUNN
G = GERY

Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. . . 
... ... ... . 
..... --#-- ..... ... .
..o.. ....A #---# ---#- s..
..... .ss..c.....c..o.. s^s
..X.. ..XZ. ..X.. ..X.. s.s
%---% %#-#J %...% %...% s.s
              ...o2L$      c.....c       |.....|        |s.G|
              .....5.      c.....c       |.....|        |..s|
              ..[=].b      c.[=].c       |...V.|        |s..|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              b.6X3..      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |...|
              ..mom..      c.....c       |.mo..|        |.^.|
              ....4..      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
%-X-% %#X#% %.X.% %-X-% -#-
m.H.U .....c.....c..... m.m  
..sD. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..... --#-- ..... ...--- 
..s ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

Once again, if you have any questions about the map, check the Party Inventory thread and then ask in the OOC if you're still confused.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:46, Sat 11 June 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1179 posts
 White Mage
Sat 11 Jun 2011
at 17:03
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Jack, Logg, get rid of the one in the doorway!  I need to get to the men on the other side!" Number 2 :D

Zeig delays until after Logg's turn.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:50, Sat 11 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 1898 posts
Sun 12 Jun 2011
at 00:19
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
GERY belts out an order reinforcing VIL's to his sailors to wake up the marines and then to stay below and assist in any way they are told. He then follows VIL, moving 40', auto-succeeding on his DC 5 Climb check.

The two unconscious sailors on deck continue to bleed to death.

The sailor in the "alchemy room" is actually more calm than the petty officer, walks over to the interior door and opens it. I'm hiding in here. Give 'em 'ell, skip, he says to ZEIG.

The one near the helm with DAI and the other petty officer runs over to DUNN, "Lemme know if you want someone to use your stick shooter if you're going down there." He is actively cowering behind the low railing (Total Defense, Kneeling).

Three sailors in the hold run down to the marine's rear room, repeating that the ship is under attack. One sailor stands in the doorway and casts the blanket aside. All of the marines are busily grabbing their swords and crossbows, but are not wearing their armor. The rest of the sailors simply stand out of the hammocks or get up from their cots, looking wide-eyed at one another.

Round 3:
23: JACK           - on top of stairwell (%)
21: Sahag Priest
19: DAI
15: petty officers
14: VIL
10: DUNN
 9: LOGG
 9: ZEIG
 8: Marines
 8: Sahag Raiders
 5: GERY
 4: sailors

$ = Sahag Priest
1,2,3... = sahuagin raiders
players are their normal characters
s = Sailor (both regular sailors and your two petty officers, there are more in the rigging)
b = unconscious body of an ally (see below)
m = Marine
U = DUNN
G = GERY

Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. . . 
... ... ... . 
..... --#-- ..... ... .
..o.. ..s.A #---# ---#- s..
..... .s...c.....c..o.. s^s
..X.. ..XZ. ..X.. ..X.. s.s
%---% %#-#J %...% %...% s.s
              ...o2L$      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              .....5.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              ..[=].b      c.[=].c       |...V.|        |...|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |..oG.|        |.^.|
              b.6X3..      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |...|
              ..mom..      c.....c       |.mo..|        |.^.|
              ....4..      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
%-X-% %#X#% %.X.% %-X-% -s-
m.HsU .....c.....c..... m.m  
..sD. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..... --#-- ..... ...--- 
... ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

Once again, if you have any questions about the map, check the Party Inventory thread and then ask in the OOC if you're still confused.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:21, Sun 12 June 2011.

JACK
 player, 1031 posts
Sun 12 Jun 2011
at 03:00
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack attacks the sahuagin priest.

22:59, Today: JACK rolled 11 using 1d8+3 with rolls of 8. Damage 2.
22:59, Today: JACK rolled 10 using 1d8+3 with rolls of 7. Damage 1.
22:58, Today: JACK rolled 8 using 1d20+5 with rolls of 3. Attack 2 (Sahuagin Priest).
22:57, Today: JACK rolled 23 using 1d20+5 with rolls of 18. Attack 1 (Sahuagin Priest).

teslas
 GM, 1900 posts
Sun 12 Jun 2011
at 18:10
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
JACK's first attack slams the exposed monstrous priest's head.

The priest in turn attempts to concentrate again on forming a spell, but fails.
13:03, Today: teslas rolled 11 using 1d20+8. priest defensive casting Concentration.
It curses in a language none of you know. Knowledge (local)

The priest then lets go of the side of the boat to drop back down into the water.
13:06, Today: teslas, on behalf of JACK, rolled 18 using 1d20+7. AoO vs. priest.
13:05, Today: teslas, on behalf of LOGG, rolled 16 using 1d20+8. AoO vs. priest.

Neither LOGG or JACK can make contact with their weapons as he drops away, JACK missing by only a fraction of an inch. It is no longer denied its dexterity bonus to AC since it isn't climbing as it falls away. It splashes into the water. JACK and LOGG can make a Spot check to try and see it beneath the waves.

Round 3:
23: JACK           - on top of stairwell (%)
21: Sahag Priest
19: DAI
15: petty officers
14: VIL
10: DUNN
 9: LOGG
 9: ZEIG
 8: Marines
 8: Sahag Raiders
 5: GERY
 4: sailors

$ = Sahag Priest
1,2,3... = sahuagin raiders
players are their normal characters
s = Sailor (both regular sailors and your two petty officers, there are more in the rigging)
b = unconscious body of an ally (see below)
m = Marine
U = DUNN
G = GERY

Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. . . 
... ... ... . 
..... --#-- ..... ... .
..o.. ..s.A #---# ---#- s..
..... .s...c.....c..o.. s^s
..X.. ..XZ. ..X.. ..X.. s.s
%---% %#-#J %...% %...% s.s
              ...o2L.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              .....5.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              ..[=].b      c.[=].c       |...V.|        |...|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |..oG.|        |.^.|
              b.6X3..      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |...|
              ..mom..      c.....c       |.mo..|        |.^.|
              ....4..      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
%-X-% %#X#% %.X.% %-X-% -s-
m.HsU .....c.....c..... m.m  
..sD. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..... --#-- ..... ...--- 
... ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

Once again, if you have any questions about the map, check the Party Inventory thread and then ask in the OOC if you're still confused.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:28, Sun 12 June 2011.

LOGG
 player, 119 posts
Sun 12 Jun 2011
at 18:14
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
13:13, Today: LOGG rolled 10 using 1d20+5. spot check vs priest.
13:13, Today: LOGG rolled 14 using 1d20+7. kn: local (for language).


GM Edit Skill Check Result-

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:17, Sun 12 June 2011.

DAI
 player, 1089 posts
Sun 12 Jun 2011
at 18:23
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI attempts to guide everyone into more evasive actions, he thinks he did alright.
11:19, Today: DAI rolled 10 using 1d20+3. aid another AC, DC 10.

He then waves his hand above his head, sending a mental assault on Sahuagin 4. DC 15 will save to avoid sleep.
teslas
 GM, 1901 posts
Sun 12 Jun 2011
at 19:56
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
14:51, Today: teslas rolled 7 using 1d20+4. DC 15 Will vs. Sleep.
Sahuagin #4 falls asleep.
Actually, DC 14 Will save because of the day. Still fails.

The petty officers continue their actions, one sorta freaking out and the other manning the helm.

VIL runs up onto the upper deck, sword drawn. Sahuagin #2 fails to strike him with with its trident as he moves by.
14:55, Today: teslas rolled 8 using 1d20+6. #2 AoO vs VIL.

DUNN reloads his crossbow.

Round 3:
23: JACK           - on top of stairwell (%)
21: Sahag Priest
19: DAI
15: petty officers
14: VIL
10: DUNN
 9: LOGG
 9: ZEIG
 8: Marines
 8: Sahag Raiders
 8: sleeping #5
 5: GERY
 4: sailors

$ = Sahag Priest
1,2,3... = sahuagin raiders
players are their normal characters
s = Sailor (both regular sailors and your two petty officers, there are more in the rigging)
b = unconscious body of an ally (see below)
m = Marine
U = DUNN
G = GERY

Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. . . 
... ... ... . 
..... --#-- ..... ... .
..o.. ..s.A #---# ---#- s..
..... .s...c.....c..o.. s^s
..X.. ..XZ. ..X.. ..X.. s.s
%---% %#-#J %...% %...% s.s
              ...o2L.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              ....V5.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              ..[=].b      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |..oG.|        |.^.|
              b.6X3..      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |...|
              ..mom..      c.....c       |.mo..|        |.^.|
              ....4..      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
%-X-% %#X#% %.X.% %-X-% -s-
m.HsU .....c.....c..... m.m  
..sD. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..... --#-- ..... ...--- 
... ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

Once again, if you have any questions about the map, check the Party Inventory thread and then ask in the OOC if you're still confused.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:17, Mon 13 June 2011.

LOGG
 player, 121 posts
Mon 13 Jun 2011
at 00:20
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG moves as close to the sleep Sahuagin as he can.

OOC: okay, hope that doesn't come back to bite me.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:46, Mon 13 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 1908 posts
Mon 13 Jun 2011
at 01:55
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
You have like ten thousand AC and ZEIG already wants to heal those people. Have some balls, little halfling, jesus. Might I also suggest using your tumble skill from time to time, you know, whenever you feel like it. Taking damage is usually something you avoid when you can.

Sahaguans #2, #5, and #3 all attempt to hit LOGG with their tridents as he runs by.
20:44, Today: teslas rolled 7 using 1d8+3. #5 damage.
20:43, Today: teslas rolled 24 using 1d20+6. #5 AoO.
20:43, Today: teslas rolled 8 using 1d20+6. #3 AoO.
20:43, Today: teslas rolled 19 using 1d20+6. #2 AoO.

One of them catches his leg as he runs by, tearing open the flesh a good bit.

LOGG ends his turn next to the sleeping sahuagin, holding his shortsword up, making it obvious what his intentions are.

Round 3:
23: JACK           - on top of stairwell (%)
21: Sahag Priest
19: DAI
15: petty officers
14: VIL
10: DUNN
 9: LOGG
 9: ZEIG
 8: Marines
 8: Sahag Raiders
 8: sleeping #5
 5: GERY
 4: sailors

$ = Sahag Priest
1,2,3... = sahuagin raiders
players are their normal characters
s = Sailor (both regular sailors and your two petty officers, there are more in the rigging)
b = unconscious body of an ally (see below)
m = Marine
U = DUNN
G = GERY

Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. . . 
... ... ... . 
..... --#-- ..... ... .
..o.. ..s.A #---# ---#- s..
..... .s...c.....c..o.. s^s
..X.. ..XZ. ..X.. ..X.. s.s
%---% %#-#J %...% %...% s.s
              ...o2..      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              ....V5.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              ..[=].b      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |..oG.|        |.^.|
              b.6X3..      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |...|
              ..mom..      c.....c       |.mo..|        |.^.|
              ....4L.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
%-X-% %#X#% %.X.% %-X-% -s-
m.HsU .....c.....c..... m.m  
..sD. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..... --#-- ..... ...--- 
... ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

Once again, if you have any questions about the map, check the Party Inventory thread and then ask in the OOC if you're still confused.
ZEIG
 player, 1186 posts
 White Mage
Mon 13 Jun 2011
at 02:36
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Zeig begins to sweat, feeling trapped and unable to help his crew, but moves towards them as quickly as possible.  He draws his wand of Heal after emerging from the hole. "Hold out, I'm coming!"

22:26, Today: ZEIG rolled 17 using 1d20-1. climb.
Unsure if you have to declare hastily climbing first or not, if you do then I didn't and will move at 1/4 speed.  BLUE marks the path, Red marks the spot if I went 1/4 speed up the 10' ladder, Green if I went 1/2 speed.

Top Decks:  Upper Deck:
    |            |
. .
... ...
..... --#--
..o.. ..s.A
.Z... .s...
..X.. ..XZ.
%---% %#-#J
              ...o2..
              .Z..V5.
              ..[=].b
              ..[=]..
              b.6X3..
              ..mom..
              ....4L.
              .......
%-X-% %#X#%
m.HsU .....
..sD. .....
..... --#--
... ...
   ---          --- 


Let me know if I screwed it up.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:39, Mon 13 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 1909 posts
Mon 13 Jun 2011
at 03:09
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Yes, you must declare accelerated climbing/balancing before you make the roll.

The marine on the deck with DUNN loads his crossbow.

The marine that was on the cannon deck yelling down runs back up onto the deck of the ship and draws his sword, then assumes a defensive stance. (Total Defense)

The marine just below sahag #3 swings his sword at him then shifts back 5'.
21:44, Today: teslas rolled 8 using 1d8+4. damage.
21:44, Today: teslas rolled 20 using 1d20+6. marine longsword vs. #3.

Sahag #3 looks fairly injured after the attack, the second cut he's received.

The other marine next to him does the same to sahag #6, gouging it horribly.
21:46, Today: teslas rolled 19 using 2d8+8. crit damage.
21:46, Today: teslas rolled 20 using 1d20+6. confirm.
21:46, Today: teslas rolled 26 using 1d20+6. marine longsowrd vs. #6.

The sahuagin looks as if it's on the verge of collapse.

The marines in the hold have all finished arming themselves, and are ready to begin joining the fray on the next round.

Sahag #6 dives over the unconscious sailor into the ocean.

#2 steps behind VIL and attacks him, flanking with #5. #5 also attacks VIL.
22:00, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 1d8+3. trident damage 2.
22:00, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d8+3. trident damage 1.
21:58, Today: teslas rolled 27 using 1d20+8. other sahag flank attack.
21:58, Today: teslas rolled 23 using 1d20+8. sahag flank attack vs VIL.

VIL's new armor absorbs quite a bit of the damage.

Sahag #3 spits a column of water at the marine below him.
22:05, Today: teslas rolled 10 using 2d6+2. water damage.
22:03, Today: teslas rolled 14 using 1d20+5. RTA vs. Marine.

DAI shouts out a warning to the marine, but the column barely hits him regardless. The marine drops to the deck like a bag of rocks, though he is still alive. The sahag then dives off of the side of the boat.

#5 continues to sleep, letting out a very guttural snore.

Three more sahaguin pop their heads over the side of the ship and then climb onto the deck.

GERY runs up the stairwell toward the helm, ending his movement on the stairwell on the upper deck.

The sailor between sahaguin #5 and #9 stops breathing, convulses for a slight moment, then lies motionless. The unconscious sailor on the other side of the ship continues his advance towards death, nearly reaching it.

The sailor next to DUNN continues to crouch. All of the sailors below deck basically remain there readying basic clubs and the like.

Round 4:
23: JACK           - on top of stairwell (%)
21: Sahag Priest
19: DAI
15: petty officers
14: VIL
10: DUNN
 9: LOGG
 9: ZEIG
 8: Marines
 8: Sahag Raiders
 8: sleeping #5
 5: GERY
 4: sailors

$ = Sahag Priest
1,2,3... = sahuagin raiders
players are their normal characters
s = Sailor (both regular sailors and your two petty officers, there are more in the rigging)
b = unconscious body of an ally (see below)
m = Marine
U = DUNN
G = GERY

Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. s . 
... ... ... . 
..... --#-- ..... ... .
..o.. ..s.A #---# ---#- s..
.Z... .....c.....c..o.. s^s
..X.. ..X.. ..X.. ..X.. s.s
%---% %#-#J %...% %...% s.s
              ...o...      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              7..2V5.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              8.[=]..      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
              ..[=].9      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              b..X...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |...|
              ...o...      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              ..mb4L.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              .m.....      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
%-X-% G#X#% %.X.% %-X-% -s-
m.HsU .....c.....c..... m.m  
..sD. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..... --#-- ..... ...--- 
... ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

Once again, if you have any questions about the map, check the Party Inventory thread and then ask in the OOC if you're still confused.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:49, Mon 13 June 2011.

JACK
 player, 1032 posts
Mon 13 Jun 2011
at 13:19
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack takes a quick glance over the side, then tumbles into flanking position with Vil. (down, right, down).

09:17, Today: JACK rolled 10 using 1d20 with rolls of 10. Spot (S.Priest).
09:16, Today: JACK rolled 4 using 1d8+3 with rolls of 1. Damage 2.
09:15, Today: JACK rolled 8 using 1d8+3 with rolls of 5. Damage 1.
09:15, Today: JACK rolled 20 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 13. Attack 2 (S5).
09:15, Today: JACK rolled 23 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 16. Attack 1 (S5).
09:14, Today: JACK rolled 21 using 1d20+13 with rolls of 8. Tumble (Sahuagin 5).

teslas
 GM, 1912 posts
Mon 13 Jun 2011
at 20:36
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
JACK can't pick the priest out through the water.

JACK does a vaulting flip off of the stairwell and lands behind sahuagin #5, who doesn't have time to do much of anything before JACK punches it hard where its kidneys might be two times.

It coughs up water. None of you are sure if this is normal.

Round 4:
23: JACK           - on top of stairwell (%)
21: Sahag Priest     
19: DAI             
15: petty officers
14: VIL
10: DUNN
 9: LOGG
 9: ZEIG
 8: Marines
 8: Sahag Raiders
 8: sleeping #5
 5: GERY
 4: sailors

$ = Sahag Priest
1,2,3... = sahuagin raiders
players are their normal characters
s = Sailor (both regular sailors and your two petty officers, there are more in the rigging)
b = unconscious body of an ally (see below)
m = Marine
U = DUNN
G = GERY

Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. s . 
... ... ... . 
..... --#-- ..... ... .
..o.. ..s.A #---# ---#- s..
.Z... .....c.....c..o.. s^s
..X.. ..X.. ..X.. ..X.. s.s
%---% %#-#J %...% %...% s.s
              ...o...      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              7..2V5.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              8.[=]..      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
              ..[=].9      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              b..X...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |...|
              ...o...      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              ..mb4L.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              .m.....      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
%-X-% G#X#% %.X.% %-X-% -s-
m.HsU .....c.....c..... m.m  
..sD. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..... --#-- ..... ...--- 
... ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

Once again, if you have any questions about the map, check the Party Inventory thread and then ask in the OOC if you're still confused.
DAI
 player, 1094 posts
Mon 13 Jun 2011
at 20:52
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI seems distraught with the death of a sailor and the incapacitation of so many others this early in the fight. "Don't let these scaly freaks get the better of you!" He then attempts to aide everyon's combat effectiveness, before taking a 5 ft step right and letting loose a blast of stone from around the mast at Sahuagin 8.

13:47, Today: DAI rolled 14 using 1d20+3. Aid Another; Attack rolls, DC 10.
13:49, Today: DAI rolled 17 using 2d12+6. stone(damage).
13:49, Today: DAI rolled 22 using 1d20+4. Stone(RTA) Sahuagin 8.
Creating Rough Terrain up-right of him, as well as right of him.

teslas
 GM, 1913 posts
Mon 13 Jun 2011
at 21:34
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
I'm going to go ahead and say that you must specify if you want to aid melee attacks, ranged attacks, or siege attacks. It seems pretty obvious you meant melee attacks, so we'll go with that one.

DAI's mass of magical stone skillfully (or luckily) flies by the mast almost completely obscuring his target, slamming into the new sahuagin raider joining combat. It shrieks as loudly as the priest did, obviously extremely injured.

The fore petty officer runs into the room with the sailor and slams the door shut. The one at the wheel of the ship continues to man his post.

VIL closes his eyes for a moment, then opens them as they glow a faint red. He holds his right hand aloft, it soon is engulfed in a flame that circles up his longsword. At the same time, his left hand moves from the injured sailor to the marine as he takes a step to the rear of the boat, emitting a cool blue light which then quickly flashes deep purple toward sahuagin #2, its eyes drop asleep instantly. Finally both of his arms come together as he throws a gust of wind at #9, decapitating it as it flies away from him back into the ocean, singe marks on the stump that used to be its neck.

Chainspell:
He casts Enfire on himself.
He casts Cure on the injured sailor on the verge of death.
16:28, Today: teslas rolled 8 using 1d8+5. Cure on Sailor.
He then takes a 5' step down and to the right.
He casts Cure on the injured marine who is dying.
16:28, Today: teslas rolled 13 using 1d8+5. Cure on Marine.
He casts Sleep on Sahuagin #2. DC 18
16:22, Today: teslas rolled 15 using 1d20+4. #2 Will save vs. Sleep (-1 DC for day).
He casts Aero on Sahuagin #9. DC 17
16:24, Today: teslas rolled 20 using 2d10+5. aero damage.
16:23, Today: teslas rolled 20 using 1d20+4. VIL Aero RTA vs. #9.
16:26, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d6+1. Enfire damage.
16:38, Today: teslas rolled 12 using 2d8+8. damage.
16:38, Today: teslas rolled 27 using 1d20+9. confirm.
16:37, Today: teslas rolled 29 using 1d20+9. VIL AoO reroll with DAI's aid another.


VIL's eyes fade back to normal as he spins his fiery longsword back around to face the deck of the MARY. The sailor's bleeding stops. The marine opens his eyes, longsword still in hand, lying prone.

DUNN hands (drops) the loaded crossbow to the sailor next to him, draws his sword, and moves down onto the mid-deck. "If you don't kill it, halfling, I will." Readied action to attack the sahuagin after LOGG strikes it, if it does not die.

Round 4:
23: JACK
21: Sahag Priest     
19: DAI             
15: petty officers
14: VIL
10: DUNN
 9: LOGG
 9: ZEIG
 8: Marines
 8: Sahag Raiders
 8: sleeping #5, #2
 5: GERY
 4: sailors

$ = Sahag Priest
1,2,3... = sahuagin raiders
players are their normal characters
s = Sailor (both regular sailors and your two petty officers, there are more in the rigging)
b = unconscious body of an ally (see below)
m = Marine
U = DUNN
G = GERY

Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. s . 
... ..s ... . 
..... --#-- ..... ... .
..o.. ....A #---# ---#- s..
.Z... .....c.....c..o.. s^s
..X.. ..X.. ..X.. ..X.. s.s
%---% %#-#% %...% %...% s.s
              ...o...      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              7..2.5J      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              8.[=]V.      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              b..X...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |...|
              ...o...      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              ..mm4L.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              .m...U.      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
%-X-% G#X#% %.X.% %-X-% -s-
m.Hs. .....c.....c..... m.m  
..s.D ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..... --#-- ..... ...--- 
... ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

Once again, if you have any questions about the map, check the Party Inventory thread and then ask in the OOC if you're still confused.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:41, Mon 13 June 2011.

LOGG
 player, 123 posts
Mon 13 Jun 2011
at 21:44
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG jumps and plunges his short sword into the sleeping sahuagin attempting to kill it outright, after the attack he step 5ft to the right.

16:44, Today: LOGG rolled 6,6 using 2d4,3d6. coup de grace on sahuagin 4. Ugh... that was rather low....
teslas
 GM, 1915 posts
Mon 13 Jun 2011
at 21:50
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
16:46, Today: teslas rolled 25 using 1d20+5. #4 DC 21 Fortitude save vs. death.
The sahuagin does not die outright, but drops to the deck of the ship nonetheless, unconscious and exuding green blood onto the boards.

DUNN follows up the strike, taking from VIL's example, severing the head from the body.
16:48, Today: teslas rolled 22 using 2d8+8. damage.
16:48, Today: teslas rolled 16 using 1d20+8. confirm.
16:48, Today: teslas rolled 27 using 1d20+8. DUNN vs. uncon. #4.  (+2 DAI aid another.


Round 4:
23: JACK
21: Sahag Priest     
19: DAI             
15: petty officers
14: VIL
 9: LOGG
 9: DUNN
 9: ZEIG
 8: Marines
 8: Sahag Raiders
 8: sleeping #5, #2
 5: GERY
 4: sailors

$ = Sahag Priest
1,2,3... = sahuagin raiders
players are their normal characters
s = Sailor (both regular sailors and your two petty officers, there are more in the rigging)
b = unconscious body of an ally (see below)
m = Marine
U = DUNN
G = GERY

Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. s . 
... ..s ... . 
..... --#-- ..... ... .
..o.. ....A #---# ---#- s..
.Z... .....c.....c..o.. s^s
..X.. ..X.. ..X.. ..X.. s.s
%---% %#-#% %...% %...% s.s
              ...o...      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              7..2.5J      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              8.[=]V.      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              b..X...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |...|
              ...o...      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              ..mm.L.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              .m...U.      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
%-X-% G#X#% %.X.% %-X-% -s-
m.Hs. .....c.....c..... m.m  
..s.D ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..... --#-- ..... ...--- 
... ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

Once again, if you have any questions about the map, check the Party Inventory thread and then ask in the OOC if you're still confused.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:51, Mon 13 June 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1188 posts
 White Mage
Mon 13 Jun 2011
at 22:27
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Zeig takes a 5' step down/left and casts a soothing light towards the unconscious sailor.

18:25, Today: ZEIG rolled 9 using 1d8+6. Cure -> Sailor.

"Damn you bastards!  GET OUT OF MY WAY!"
teslas
 GM, 1919 posts
Tue 14 Jun 2011
at 00:07
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The sailor's eyes pop open and he takes a huge breath. He seems completely healed but disoriented.

The prone marine stands up and moves back against the captain's cabin wall, defending himself. The marine next to him does the same. (Total Defense) Both look pretty badly injured.

The marine on the upper deck near the helm fires his crossbow at sahag #8.
18:27, Today: teslas rolled 5 using 1d10. damage.
18:27, Today: teslas rolled 22 using 1d20+4. marine xbow vs. #8.

The bolt knicks its arm and plants itself a couple of inches into the side of its chest. The sahag drops.

The marine next to the two injured ones reloads his crossbow.

Sahag #7 walks up to #2, jostling it. It awakens.

#5 takes a 5' step down and to the right, then stabs at VIL with its trident, then attempts to bite him.
22:56, Today: teslas rolled 3 using 1d4+1. damage.
22:56, Today: teslas rolled 16 using 1d20+3. #5 bite vs. VIL.
22:55, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 1d8+3. damage.
22:55, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20+6. #5 trident vs. VIL.

The trident pokes into his side a decent bit but the sahuagin's teeth cannot penetrate his armor.

GERY takes his place next to the petty officer manning the helm. He has his cutlass drawn.

The remaining sailor on the deck, saved from within an inch of death, gets up and scrambles for the bridge. The rest continue their previous business.

Round 5:
23: JACK
21: Sahag Priest     
19: DAI             
15: petty officers
14: VIL
 9: LOGG
 9: DUNN
 9: ZEIG
 8: Marines
 8: Sahag Raiders
 8: dying #8
 5: GERY
 4: sailors

$ = Sahag Priest
1,2,3... = sahuagin raiders
players are their normal characters
s = Sailor (both regular sailors and your two petty officers, there are more in the rigging)
b = unconscious body of an ally (see below)
m = Marine
U = DUNN
G = GERY

Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. s . 
... ..s ... . 
..... --#-- ..... ... .
..o.. ....A #---# ---#- s..
..... .....c.....c..o.. s^s
Z.X.. ..X.. ..X.. ..X.. s.s
%---% %#-#% %...% %...% s.s
              ...o...      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              ..72.5J      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              8.[=]V.      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              ...X...      |.oXo.|       |..Xm.|        |...|
              ...o...      c.....c       |.mom.|        |.^s|
              .....L.      c.....c       |.....|        |mm.|
              .mmm.U.      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
%-X-% s#X#% %.X.% %-X-% -#-
m.Hs. .....c.....c..... ...  
.Gs.D ..... --#-- ..... ...
..... --#-- ..... ...--- 
... ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

Once again, if you have any questions about the map, check the Party Inventory thread and then ask in the OOC if you're still confused.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:30, Tue 14 June 2011.

JACK
 player, 1034 posts
Wed 15 Jun 2011
at 01:01
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack attacks Sahuagin 5 after getting back into flanking position. (5 ft. step up and to the left)

21:00, Today: JACK rolled 7 using 1d8+3 with rolls of 4. Damage 2.
21:00, Today: JACK rolled 5 using 1d8+3 with rolls of 2. Damage 1.
20:57, Today: teslas, on behalf of JACK, rolled 28 using 1d20+9. Attack 2, flanking + Aided.
20:57, Today: teslas, on behalf of JACK, rolled 27 using 1d20+9. Attack 1, flanking + Aided.
21:00, Today: JACK rolled 12 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 5. Attack 2 (S5).
21:00, Today: JACK rolled 16 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 9. Attack 1 (S5).


GM EDIT-
Forgot DAI's ship-wide aid another action. Don't feel bad, I did it constantly myself.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:59, Wed 15 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 1922 posts
Wed 15 Jun 2011
at 02:33
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The priest pops its head up 5' (down and below) away from DAI raising its body halfway over the railing of the ship. He casts the same spell he did on LOGG, this time on DAI. Spellcraft.
21:28, Today: teslas, on behalf of DAI, rolled 23 using 1d20+4. DC 13 Will Save. Text says Will, I meant Fortitude.
21:29, Today: teslas rolled 10 using 2d6+2. damage.

DAI grunts as he manages to keep himself composed, lessening the harm to himself as wisps of energy flow back to the priest. With what could only be the awful equivalent to a smile, the priest lets go of the side of the boat and falls back into the water.

Round 5:
23: JACK
21: Sahag Priest     
19: DAI
15: petty officers
14: VIL
 9: LOGG
 9: DUNN
 9: ZEIG
 8: Marines
 8: Sahag Raiders
 8: dying #8
 5: GERY
 4: sailors

$ = Sahag Priest
1,2,3... = sahuagin raiders
players are their normal characters
s = Sailor (both regular sailors and your two petty officers, there are more in the rigging)
b = unconscious body of an ally (see below)
m = Marine
U = DUNN
G = GERY

Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. s . 
... ..s ... . 
..... --#-- ..... ... .
..o.. ....A #---# ---#- s..
..... .....c.....c..o.. s^s
Z.X.. ..X.. ..X.. ..X.. s.s
%---% %#-#% %...% %...% s.s
              ...o...      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              ..72.5J      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              8.[=]V.      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              ...X...      |.oXo.|       |..Xm.|        |...|
              ...o...      c.....c       |.mom.|        |.^s|
              .....L.      c.....c       |.....|        |mm.|
              .mmm.U.      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
%-X-% s#X#% %.X.% %-X-% -#-
m.Hs. .....c.....c..... ...  
.Gs.D ..... --#-- ..... ...
..... --#-- ..... ...--- 
... ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

Once again, if you have any questions about the map, check the Party Inventory thread and then ask in the OOC if you're still confused.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:41, Wed 15 June 2011.

DAI
 player, 1096 posts
Wed 15 Jun 2011
at 02:53
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
19:48, Today: DAI rolled 24 using 1d20+12. spellcraft(it's drain).

DAI lets out a small grunt as he feels his life energy being pulled away lightly. He shakes it off, and attempts to aid the ship in another assault. "Don't hold back now! Keep pushing!"

19:49, Today: DAI rolled 14 using 1d20+3. aid another, melee attack.

He then takes a 5 ft step up, and fires a blast of stone at Sahuagin 7.

19:52, Today: DAI rolled 17 using 2d12+6. stone(damage) sahuagin 7.
19:52, Today: DAI rolled 20 using 1d20+4. stone(RTA).
Create rough terrain under him and number 2

teslas
 GM, 1923 posts
Wed 15 Jun 2011
at 03:14
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI continues to shout warnings and instructions throughout the deck of the ship.

#7 hits the deck... unintentionally, right after DAI's magical rocks once again fly within a fraction of an inch of one of the masts to meet their target.

VIL attempts to quickly place #2 to sleep so that it cannot run away and takes a 5' step closer. Fast Cast.
22:10, Today: teslas rolled 24 using 1d20+4. #2 DC 18 Will save.
Unfortunately, the sahuagin manages to shake the spell off of itself. VIL then stabs at #5 with his fiery longsword.
22:12, Today: teslas rolled 6 using 1d6+1. Fire damage.
22:12, Today: teslas rolled 10 using 1d8+4. physical damage.
22:12, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20+11. VIL longsword vs. #2, flank, aided.

The attack is enough to send #5 flopping onto the deck, sprawled out. VIL shifts his position closer to #2.

#2 is the last sahuagin on board that is on its feet. It will either be killed or jump overboard to escape. LOGG, if you'd like to take your turn, please do so. If not, combat is over.

Round 5:
23: JACK
21: Sahag Priest     
19: DAI   
15: petty officers
14: VIL
 9: LOGG
 9: DUNN
 9: ZEIG
 8: Marines
 8: Sahag Raiders
 8: dying #8, 7       - #7 is on top of difficult terrain
 5: GERY
 4: sailors

$ = Sahag Priest
1,2,3... = sahuagin raiders
players are their normal characters
s = Sailor (both regular sailors and your two petty officers, there are more in the rigging)
b = unconscious body of an ally (see below)
m = Marine
U = DUNN
G = GERY

Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. s . 
... ..s ... . 
..... --#-- ..... ... .
..o.. ....A #---# ---#- s..
..... .....c.....c..o.. s^s
Z.X.. ..X.. ..X.. ..X.. s.s
%---% %#-#% %...% %...% s.s
              ...o.J.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              ..72V5.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
              8.[=]..      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              ...X...      |.oXo.|       |..Xm.|        |...|
              ...o...      c.....c       |.mom.|        |.^s|
              .....L.      c.....c       |.....|        |mm.|
              .mmm.U.      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
%-X-% s#X#% %.X.% %-X-% -#-
m.HsD .....c.....c..... ...  
.Gs.. ..... --#-- ..... ...
..... --#-- ..... ...--- 
... ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

Once again, if you have any questions about the map, check the Party Inventory thread and then ask in the OOC if you're still confused.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:16, Wed 15 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 1926 posts
Wed 15 Jun 2011
at 04:12
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The final conscious sahuagin makes a break for it and dives over the edge of the ship.

Everyone gains 367 EXP for defeating the encounter.
GERY, DUNN, and the other 9 marines all gain 450 experience points.

Morale has been lessened by the death of a sailor, but this has been majorly mitigated by how clearly the ship's combatants appear to outclass the sahuagin raiders. Morale: 6/10

There is a body of a sailor and five bodies of sahuagins, three of which are still alive, barely, two of which will die within the minute if nothing is done.

A petty officer climbs up into the crow's nest and reports that the sailor there is unconscious, but alive.

Bonus EXP being calculated and will be edited in.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:54, Wed 15 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 1928 posts
Wed 15 Jun 2011
at 05:57
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
VIL hands the two injured marines a potion each and commends them on their performance. Both marines drink them and appear much healthier. A night's rest should bring them back up to full speed.

The three sahuagins will die mid-day tomorrow (Real Life) if you guys don't do anything by then, if you wanted to do anything at all.

The petty officer in the crows nest begins tying a rope around the unconscious sailor and lowers him to the deck. Heal and Search checks.
DAI
 player, 1102 posts
Wed 15 Jun 2011
at 06:02
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
23:01, Today: DAI rolled 23 using 1d20+4. search, why not?.
23:01, Today: DAI rolled 13 using 1d20+1. heal, worth a shot.


OOC: I deduct that this man is....sleeping! Also, here are some blueprints to a laser gun I found in that sahuagin's mouth...not sure how that got there.
DAI
 player, 1103 posts
Wed 15 Jun 2011
at 06:04
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI pulls out his dity knife that had accompanied him from Corneria, also placing his wands back in their pouch(including the ice slick I dropeed), he then walks over to one of the Sahuagin then holds the knife up to it's neck.

"Just to be sure...no one has a problem with this, right? I don't think any of us speak fish, and I don't see much point in keeping them alive."
LOGG
 player, 131 posts
Wed 15 Jun 2011
at 06:10
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG walks over "No issues here. Though, perhaps you could look at this, I.... er.... found it from that one ugly that ran away. Well, they all ran, but it was the first." he showed DAI the earring he was holding.
DAI
 player, 1105 posts
Wed 15 Jun 2011
at 06:12
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI uses detect magic on the earring, as well as the sahuagin bodies, pausing all other actions until he finds out.

EDIT: detecting the sahuagin too.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:12, Wed 15 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 1931 posts
Wed 15 Jun 2011
at 06:34
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI looks the sailor over.

The earring LOGG is holding is quite magical. Nothing on the sahuagins appear to be, however. The only equipment they have are very odd-looking tridents, and a belt of what appears to be shark leather. The belt has many pockets.

VIL goes through some of their pockets, and reveals that he's found quite a few little gemstones of various qualities. Knowledge (local). LOGG, you get a +2 bonus to this check. VIL puts all of the gemstones into one of their belts, and then slings it over his shoulder.

While you are talking, two of the three sahuagins die from blood loss. The third looks to be very close to it. The fourth sahuagin is in very bad shape, but appears to be stable.
DAI
 player, 1106 posts
Wed 15 Jun 2011
at 06:36
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI, not even noticing the Sahuagins' deaths, gestures to hand him the earring, if LOGG complies, he will wander off to his room to spend an hour identifying the thing, also placing his dagger away.
LOGG
 player, 133 posts
Wed 15 Jun 2011
at 06:37
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
01:37, Today: LOGG rolled 29 using 1d20+9. kn: local (for gemstones). wOOt nat 20!


LOGG hands DAI the earring before turning his attention back to the pretty stones.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:44, Wed 15 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 1932 posts
Wed 15 Jun 2011
at 07:00
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG explains that he's heard plenty of pirates talk about how the sahuagin have no currency save the myriad of gemstones that litter the ocean floor in their deep homeland. Indeed, how would one fire sheet metal or smelt gold ore underwater?

DAI gets to work identifying the earring, and hands the captain's hat off to LOGG. VIL stands around for a moment staring at the dead sailor on the deck as another sailor comes up with a sheet, covering and wrapping his body.

The third sahuagin dies from blood loss, the deck now thick with the mingling of red human blood and the blue-green of the sahuagin's. The odor, while not inherently unpleasant, is disturbing to say the least. The final sahuagin lies there on the deck, barely moving. It looks as if its breathing is extremely laborious.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:03, Wed 15 June 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1189 posts
 White Mage
Wed 15 Jun 2011
at 10:51
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
06:16, Today: ZEIG rolled 11 using 1d20+6. Heal. >.>

Zeig looks the rest of the crew over.  I'm guessing Vil took care of all the injured?

"Good work.  This won't be the last we see of these damn fish.  We should be extremely on guard during the next two days."

He then pauses for a moment.

"We should give this man a fitting burial at sea...that other sahuagin should be restrained, if not outright killed."
teslas
 GM, 1934 posts
Wed 15 Jun 2011
at 11:52
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DUNN agrees with ZEIG on the matter of the sahuagin, "I can make the thing suffer a more humane death than it deserves. Give the word."

GERY says that they will conduct a funeral for the deceased sailor the next morning at sunrise.
JACK
 player, 1035 posts
Wed 15 Jun 2011
at 12:52
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack grunts. If no one has a problem, I'm dumping the dead fish back in the water.
teslas
 GM, 1935 posts
Wed 15 Jun 2011
at 20:20
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
All of the NPCs seem quite all right with JACK's idea. DUNN remains standing over the injured and unconscious sahuagin and turns to the unarmored marines on deck, "Get back to sleep men. It'll be your turn soon enough if today is any indication of what's to come."
DAI
 player, 1107 posts
Thu 16 Jun 2011
at 00:04
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI pokes his head out of his room, having not yet begun the hour long ordeal of identifying the earring just yet.

"Oh yeah...someone should take that dart out of his neck, it could be poisoned."

DAI pointed at the man who was unconscious, and then tapped his neck where he had seen the dart upon investigation. After this his head disappeared again, as he was now ready to learn the mysteries behind this trinket.
ZEIG
 player, 1191 posts
 White Mage
Thu 16 Jun 2011
at 00:21
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Zeig attempts to check over the man again, noticing the dart wound.

20:11, Today: ZEIG rolled 29 using 1d20+13. Heal - Divine Insight.



After gleaning that the poison is not deadly, Zeig thinks for a moment and decides that waiting a day and a half for the sailor to recover naturally is not a luxury they can afford.  He places his hand over the wound and the man's skin begins to blush, the slight redness moving outward from Zeig's hand in a ripple and eventually encompassing the entire body before his original hue begins to return.  Basuna
teslas
 GM, 1936 posts
Thu 16 Jun 2011
at 01:30
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
ZEIG's spell washes over the sailor. He opens his eyes, looking fairly groggy, seeing everyone around him. "I take it you noticed the things climbing up the side of the boat?" he says, looking at the marines throwing the sahuagin corpses overboard.
teslas
 GM, 1937 posts
Thu 16 Jun 2011
at 03:07
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
VIL tells DUNN to decapitate the sahuagin and kick it overboard with the rest. Afterward he nods to everyone and goes back below deck to attempt to get some rest.

DAI finishes identifying the earring.

Dark-Coral Earring, ???gp
weightless, uses both ear slots, even though it's only one earring

Grants Reduce Fire 8 and Reduce Water 8.
Grants immunity to the Drown elemental status effect.
The wearer can resist succumbing to suffocation twice as long as it normally could.

DAI
 player, 1108 posts
Thu 16 Jun 2011
at 03:10
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI walks back outside and explains what the earring does, before handing it off to LOGG.

"Well, as such I can't think of anyone it would benefit over anyone else, so finder's keepers I guess."
LOGG
 player, 134 posts
Thu 16 Jun 2011
at 03:18
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG takes the earring and immediately puts it on "This'll be useful. I'm not so good at swimming. Funny that, being an ex-pirate and all that." he says the last part barely above a whisper.
DAI
 player, 1109 posts
Thu 16 Jun 2011
at 03:24
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI shrugs.

"I thought it was kind of funny that an aquatic monster would have something that lets them hold their breath longer, but I guess it's all preference."

DAI then wondered if he should make something with the alchemical lab, he decides to dedicate some time into making a stack of 10 Lightning Elemental Arrows.

20:23, Today: DAI rolled 25 using 1d20+12. craft(lightning arrows).

OOC: So...not sure what that means, couldn't find a craft DC for them in the vendor list, and I forget how nonmagical crafting works, isn't that on a weekly basis like proffession checks for making money?
teslas
 GM, 1938 posts
Thu 16 Jun 2011
at 03:40
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The craft check you have rolled will suffice. If you want to simply let all of the workings go on behind the screen, I'll tell you what happens, which is fine with me.

You did not add your +2 from using the alchemy lab. If you choose to not use the lab, you suffer a -2. I'll reroll for you with the correct modifier assuming that you would like to use the lab.


22:39, Today: teslas rolled 25 using 1d20+14. Craft (alchemy) 1d6 lightning arrows.

Amusing. Ok. You will complete a stack of 10 1d6 elemental arrows of whatever element you choose in two day's work, which has been included in the one check. They will be finished at the end of the next day that you work on them. Subtract 10 arrows from your supply, and I am subtracting 16 gold, 6 silver, and 7 copper from the party stores.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:40, Thu 16 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 1939 posts
Thu 16 Jun 2011
at 03:55
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI's crafting will have been assumed to start directly after ZEIG was finished with his.

DAI works for a few hours into the night on his arrows, having been slightly interrupted by his desire to stand at the helm with the captain's hat on.

LOGG remains in command of the ship with his brand new earring on his ear. There are two sailors in the crow's nest, peering down towards the water. They both have bandannas wrapped around their necks.

The shifts change. GERY and the other sailors wake up and begin to eat. Food store totals updated. JACK relieves LOGG who proceeds to enter his captain's cabin. DAI and ZEIG go to the officer's quarters.

VIL spends the night part of his shift looking out at the water on the front of the ship. The dead sailor's body is about 10' away from him with a marine standing watch over it. He has been prepped for a sea burial in the morning.

There are no more signs of a sahuagin raid as far as can be noticed. The night proceeds without incident, and before noon the shifts change once again.

JACK and VIL and GERY are asleep. LOGG, DAI, ZEIG, and DUNN are awake. Whatever mage that isn't crafting at the time is in charge of the ship. Even there is only one alchemy set, you can only craft for 8 hours a day and there are 16 hours that both of you are awake, so it works out that both of you can attempt to craft things. You must decide who crafts first, however, and that will be whoever posts in the OCC or IC thread first for any reason, to make it simple.

The Darksday sun seems a little clouded, and the air is slightly chilly.
teslas
 GM, 1941 posts
Thu 16 Jun 2011
at 04:11
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The ceremony for the dead sailor is conducted as the shifts swap. It is a very solemn occasions. GERY says a few words and he is gently lifted over the water by the crane, and dropped into the sea with all ten marines lifting their swords in a Cornelian salute.

DAI finishes his crafting for the day at about 4 o'clock in the afternoon. The MARY is cutting through the waves as swift as she always does, and so far so good. The voyage to Elfheim is halfway complete, and the ship is very nearly over the deepest part of the Aldi.

Giving you guys a chance to say/do anything if you wanted, or to ZEIG post if he wants to craft.
teslas
 GM, 1945 posts
Thu 16 Jun 2011
at 22:05
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
ZEIG, in lieu of crafting, spends the day tending to the injured marines with mundane means and keeping an eye on everyone involved to make sure nobody else shows signs of poisons or any other ill effects. LOGG picked up the slack from the missing sailor. He already occasionally made himself useful despite having a crew and seems to enjoy the added duties.

The Darksday sun sets what seems to be a full half-hour early. The nighttime air in conjunction with the light fog across the water might put everyone edge even without yesterday night's--luckily failed--sahuagin raid. This night, DUNN has suggested that a marine and a petty officer stay in the crows nest. Both have more than one bandanna wrapped around their necks.

Awake:
PCs: JACK
NPCs: VIL, GERY, 1x Petty Officer, 9x

Asleep:
PCs: ZEIG, DAI (in officer's quarters), LOGG (in captain's cabin)
NPCs: Everyone else.

Keep in mind all Light-based save DCs and caster levels suffer -1 (Cure, Heal, Fear, etc) and all Dark-based are increased in the same manner.

JACK is behind the helm, sort of bored of being paranoid, almost hoping something happens to break the monotony. VIL is on the deck of the ship near the large, central mast sharpening his longsword.

At GERY and DUNN's suggestion, lanterns have been hung all around the vessel providing very decent light on the deck. If this were a long voyage, you'd risk running out of oil within the week. Sailors and marines very, very wearily peer over the side of the ship quite often, and the two men in the crows nest are calling out all-clears every thirty seconds to confirm their not being incapacitated. Once or twice they have forgotten and it's raised the tension aboard by a noticeable amount when JACK or VIL has had to call to them for confirmation.

edit-
I suck at spelling.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:07, Thu 16 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 1950 posts
Fri 17 Jun 2011
at 02:36
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
One of the sailors periodically looking over the edge says "What the hell is that?" in a rather loud tone.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:46, Tue 11 Dec 2012.

ZEIG
 player, 1201 posts
 White Mage
Fri 17 Jun 2011
at 04:02
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
00:01, Today: ZEIG rolled 13 using 1d20+4. Listen.
teslas
 GM, 1953 posts
Fri 17 Jun 2011
at 06:12
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
JACK looks at the sailor, then focuses again for a moment.  ZEIG walks out of the room containing the alchemy lab, looking at the sailor's direction.

The sailor continues to look over the side of the boat, but both ZEIG and JACK notice that something seems wrong. He's not moving... at all.
00:32, Today: Secret Roll: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 23 using 1d20+4. Spot.
00:32, Today: Secret Roll: teslas, on behalf of JACK, rolled 20 using 1d20. Spot.


You both (ZEIG and JACK) have one standard action (in the surprise round). Please take your action now, regardless of initiative. It should not matter which order you guys go, so your initiative for the surprise round won't matter. VIL, too, thought something was odd, and is closer to the sailor than the rest of you. Nobody else on deck seems to have noticed what you have about the sailor.

LOGG and DAI, you are both asleep, and need do nothing as of yet. For reference, it is around 11:45pm, Darksday.

Remember: There is a marine and a sailor in the crow's nest, and they called out less than fifteen seconds ago. The sailor and the marine both have heavy crossbows, though the sailor is very unwieldy with it. All deck holes are currently open. Some of the doors on the ship are open as is standard.

Finally, I want you guys to remember that that you do not know what is happening on decks of the ship you are not on, and unless you are prone, even looking through a deck-hole will barely reveal a 5x5' square below you.

VIL drops the whetstone he was using and takes a potion of Cure out from a side-pouch on his backpack. His sword is already in his hand from sharpening it.

Surprise Round:
22: S. Raiders
21: sailors
19: ZEIG
17: JACK
17: VIL
13: marines
13: Sahag R.G.
12: Sahag Baron
 4: Sahag Prince
--: LOGG
--: DAI
--: DUNN
--: GERY

HP Colors:
Black  = Full HP
Green  = 50%+
Yellow = 25%+
Red    = 10%+
Purple = Below 0

I'll remove this key after a round or two to save space.

☼ is now the symbol for an open door. Closed is still #

ZEIG is standing in an open doorway (☼)
G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
s . . 
... ... G.D . 
..... --#-- ..... .s. .
..om. ....A #---☼ ---☼- ...
s.... .....c.....c..o.. .
..X.. ..X.. ..X.. ..X.. s..
%---% %☼-.☼ %...% %...% ..s
              ...o...      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              ...m...      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
              ...X..s      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
              .s.oZ..      c..m..c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              ...V...      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
%-X-% %#X#% %.X.% %☼X☼% -☼-
..H.. .....c.....c..... U.m  
..sJ. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..m.. --☼-- ....s ...--- 
.s. ..L ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:28, Fri 17 June 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1202 posts
 White Mage
Fri 17 Jun 2011
at 06:23
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Zeig moves 30' down, inspecting the sailor from a distance.

GM Edit-
I updated the above map.

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:25, Fri 17 June 2011.

JACK
 player, 1038 posts
Fri 17 Jun 2011
at 14:23
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack will move next to the sailor and look over the side. If he sees anything, he'll shout a warning.

10:23, Today: JACK rolled 11 using 1d20 with rolls of 11. Spot.

teslas
 GM, 1958 posts
Fri 17 Jun 2011
at 22:19
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
JACK's eyes widen as he looks over the side of the boat.  He belts out a quick warning to everyone aboard.

LOGG, asleep and with a wall and some distance between he and the action continues to doze.
17:22, Today: teslas, on behalf of LOGG, rolled 4 using 1d20-7. DC 6 Listen to awake.
Nobody below decks is capable of succeeding on the check.

The marines on deck all draw their weapons, and the marine on the cannon deck begins ringing the alarm bell loudly.
17:24, Today: teslas rolled 14 using 1d20. cannon deck marine DC 5 Listen check. (to hear JACK)

DAI wakes up at the sound, as does GERY. The alarm bell is finally also enough to wake up LOGG, who was dreaming of a halfling and human woman in his gigantic captain's cabin with him.
17:26, Today: teslas, on behalf of DAI, rolled 2 using 1d20-9. DC -4 (yes, negative) to hear alarm bell.
17:29, Today: teslas, on behalf of LOGG, rolled 2 using 1d20-7. DC 0 Listen to hear alarm bell.


Two columns of water come shooting up from beside the boat, one of which impacts JACK squarely.
17:17, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 2d6+4. water elemental damage.
17:16, Today: teslas rolled 11 using 1d20+6. #7 RTA vs. JACK.
17:15, Today: teslas rolled 21 using 1d20+6. #6 RTA vs. JACK.


Round 1:

Four sahuagin without armor resembling the ones you saw the night before clamber aboard and onto their feet. Their tridents are hung across their back by their shoulder and in one of their hands is a long tube that looks like some kind of exotic bamboo.

This is enough for the sailors to begin diving for cover. The crew in the rigging attempts to make itself as inconspicuous as possible.

The sailor that originally saw the threat is still lying prone with his head over the edge of the ship underneath the low-lying railing.

Round 1:
22: S. Raiders
21: sailors
19: ZEIG
17: JACK
17: VIL
15: DAI
13: marines
13: Sahag R.G.
12: Sahag Baron
10: LOGG
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince
--: DUNN

HP Colors:
Black  = Full HP
Green  = 50%+
Yellow = 25%+
Red    = 10%+
Purple = Below 0

I'll remove this key after a round or two to save space.

☼ is now the symbol for an open door. Closed is still #

ZEIG is standing in an open doorway (☼)
G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. . . 
... ... G.D . 
..... --#-- ..... .s. .
..om. ..ssA #---☼ ---☼- ...
..... .....c.....c..o.. .
..X.. ..X.. ..X.. ..X.. s..
%---% %☼-.☼ %...% %...% ..s
              3..o...      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              ...m..1      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
              4.[=].2      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
              ...X..s      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
              ...oZ.J      c..m..c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              ...V...      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
%-X-% %#X#% %.X.% %☼X☼% -☼-
..H.. .....c.s...c..... U.m  
..s.. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..m.. --☼-- ....s ...--- 
..s ..L ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:40, Fri 17 June 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1204 posts
 White Mage
Sat 18 Jun 2011
at 02:53
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Zeig focuses and blankets himself, Vil, Jack, the sailor next to Jack, and the marine to the north in an orange veil.  Protectra +2.

During the casting his eyes flash white for a brief moment and the veil shimmers briefly as it settles over the sailor. Pax DC 20

He then moves down 10 feet.

GM Edit-
You can only instill spells of the Healing school with your Divine Interventions. Protectra is of the Enhancing school.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:00, Sat 18 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 1959 posts
Sat 18 Jun 2011
at 03:00
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Round 1:
22: S. Raiders
21: sailors
19: ZEIG
17: JACK
17: VIL
15: DAI
13: marines
13: Sahag R.G.
12: Sahag Baron
10: LOGG
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince
--: DUNN

HP Colors:
Black  = Full HP
Green  = 50%+
Yellow = 25%+
Red    = 10%+
Purple = Below 0

I'll remove this key after a round or two to save space.

☼ is now the symbol for an open door. Closed is still #

ZEIG is standing in an open doorway (☼)
G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. . . 
... ... G.D . 
..... --#-- ..... .s. .
..om. ..ssA #---☼ ---☼- ...
..... .....c.....c..o.. .
..X.. ..X.. ..X.. ..X.. s..
%---% %☼-.☼ %...% %...% ..s
              3..o...      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              ...m..1      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
              4.[=].2      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
              ...X..s      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
              ...o..J      c..m..c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              ...V...      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              ....Z..      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
%-X-% %#X#% %.X.% %☼X☼% -☼-
..H.. .....c.s...c..... U.m  
..s.. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..m.. --☼-- ....s ...--- 
..s ..L ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

JACK
 player, 1040 posts
Sat 18 Jun 2011
at 03:11
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack tumbles 5ft. to the left then 10ft. up. His foot slips while he attempts to shove the sahuagin off the ship.
23:10, Today: JACK rolled 4 using 1d20+3 with rolls of 1. Bull Rush (S2).
23:09, Today: JACK rolled 29 using 1d20+13 with rolls of 16. Tumble (S2).

teslas
 GM, 1961 posts
Sat 18 Jun 2011
at 03:18
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The sahuagin tenses up for a moment before realizing it isn't in any danger, then attempts to slash JACK's exposed shoulder but misses.
22:14, Today: teslas rolled 15 using 1d20+5. #2 AoO vs JACK, Talon.

VIL drinks the potion he was holding and then walks up to guard JACK's back.
22:16, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d8+1. VIL potion result.

Round 1:
22: S. Raiders
21: sailors
19: ZEIG
17: JACK
17: VIL
15: DAI
13: marines
13: Sahag R.G.
12: Sahag Baron
10: LOGG
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince
--: DUNN

HP Colors:
Black  = Full HP
Green  = 50%+
Yellow = 25%+
Red    = 10%+
Purple = Below 0

I'll remove this key after a round or two to save space.

☼ is now the symbol for an open door. Closed is still #

G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. . . 
... ... G.D . 
..... --#-- ..... .s. .
..om. ..ssA #---☼ ---☼- ...
..... .....c.....c..o.. .
..X.. ..X.. ..X.. ..X.. s..
%---% %☼-.☼ %...% %...% ..s
              3..o...      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              ...m..1      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
              4.[=VJ2      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
              ...X..s      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
              ...o...      c..m..c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              ....Z..      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
%-X-% %#X#% %.X.% %☼X☼% -☼-
..H.. .....c.s...c..... U.m  
..s.. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..m.. --☼-- ....s ...--- 
..s ..L ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

DAI
 player, 1121 posts
Sat 18 Jun 2011
at 03:25
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI will get out of his bunk, then moved down-right 2 squares(into the doorway), then down 3 squares to stand at the bottom of the stair well producing his wand of lock out of the sleeve of his robe as he runs.

GM Edit-
From DAI in a text message:
Not able to reach a comp, can youedit drawing my 'lock' wand as i move?
He then may or may not have gone on to say:
I adore little boys. I mean, like, really like them. You know... that way.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:03, Sat 18 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 1964 posts
Sat 18 Jun 2011
at 03:48
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The marine behind the petty officer controlling the helm moves up beside him with his xbow ready. (Total Defense)

The marine on the cannon deck continues to ring the bell and draws his crossbow.

A crossbow bolt flies down from the crow's nest and into the shoulder of sahuagin #4.
22:38, Today: teslas rolled 7 using 1d10. damage.
22:38, Today: teslas rolled 19 using 1d20+4. marine xbow vs #4.

The marine on the front of the ship moves over to the starboard side just above the stairwell and fires his crossbow at sahuagin #1, placing a bolt directly through its forearm, nearly sinking it straight into the side of the creature's body toward the heart.
22:40, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d10. damage.
22:40, Today: teslas rolled 12 using 1d20+4. confirm.
22:40, Today: teslas rolled 23 using 1d20+4. marine xbow vs #1.


The marine on the deck near VIL and JACK lets loose a bolt at #1 as well but the shot misses, evidence he is slightly panicked.
22:42, Today: teslas rolled 10 using 1d20+4. marine vs #1.
He then makes his way to the helm of the vessel in order to help defend it, as he was instructed to do in this event.

Three more sahuagins climb aboard the deck of the MARY and ready their tridents. Unlike the others, they are wearing sleek leather armor that reminds of you of what LOGG wears. Their weapons appear to be slightly more ornate, and they are physically a little larger than what you've seen before.

A scaley hand reaches up and grabs the unconscious sailor by his head, and begins to rip him overboard into the water. JACK grabs onto the sailor's leg and tugs back as hard as he can.
22:51, Today: teslas rolled 10 using 1d20+3. Sahag RG STR check.
The sailor remains on the deck of the ship, but JACK can tell that something is still hanging from his head that is at least as heavy as a person, and it is obvious to every onlooker that JACK is at best very inconvenienced by this.

JACK: You lose your dexterity modifier to AC while holding on to this sailor. (reducing it by 3 for you). You cannot make attacks of opportunity either. You can move around him (or into his square) freely, and as a Black Belt you can easily still attack any foe within reach.

You also just saved this poor man's life for another six seconds, and do try not to move around too much? You wouldn't want him to wake up with his knee and hip twisted out of socket >_>


JACK, looking down at the sailor, sees an exceptionally large webbed-hand of thick scales slap the deck of the ship. The muscles in its forearms flex and an extremely large, four-armed sahuagin wearing a crown nearly flies up from the side of the boat and lands on the deck 5' away from you and VIL. ZEIG and the marine standing next to it can see the subtle features of its face as it licks its lips and eyes, studying its future prey.

It draws a trident from a sling on its back into its two top hands and two shortswords, one larger than the other, from sheathes hanging from a leathery belt. The trident is dripping red water that dissipates before it hits the ground, and one of the short swords is sparkling with a faint, almost electric, glow. It belts out a string of what could only be described as inhuman words. Knowledge (Local).

Round 1:
22: S. Raiders
21: sailors
19: ZEIG
17: JACK            -- Denied DEX to AC
17: VIL
15: DAI
13: marines
13: Sahag R.G.
12: Sahag Baron
10: LOGG
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince
--: DUNN

HP Colors:
Black  = Full HP
Green  = 50%+
Yellow = 25%+
Red    = 10%+
Purple = Below 0

I'll remove this key after a round or two to save space.

☼ is now the symbol for an open door. Closed is still #

G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. . . 
... ... G.. . 
..... --#-- ..... .s. .
..o.. ..ssA #---☼ ---☼- ...
..... .....c.....c..o.. .
..X.m ..X.. ..X.. ..X.. s..
%---% %☼-.☼ %...D %...% ..s
              3..o...      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              ......1      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
              4.[=VJ2      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
              8..X..s6     |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
              ...omBB      c..m..c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              .....BB      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              9...Z.7      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
%-X-% %#X#% %.X.% %☼X☼% -☼-
..H.. .....c.s...c..... U.m  
..sm. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..... --☼-- ....s ...--- 
..s ..L ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:08, Sat 18 June 2011.

JACK
 player, 1043 posts
Sat 18 Jun 2011
at 03:50
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
23:50, Today: JACK rolled 17 using 1d20+3 with rolls of 14. Strength Check.
23:50, Today: JACK rolled 22 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 14. Grapple of Opportunity.

teslas
 GM, 1968 posts
Sat 18 Jun 2011
at 04:17
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Clarification:

#6's hand can be seen holding on to the shoulder and back of the neck of the unconscious sailor, but is otherwise not visible to any of you on the deck of the ship.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:17, Sat 18 June 2011.

LOGG
 player, 139 posts
Sat 18 Jun 2011
at 04:32
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
23:25, Today: LOGG rolled 6 using 1d20+3. Listen check (DC 15).

LOGG hops out of bed, grabbing his buckler.
teslas
 GM, 1969 posts
Sat 18 Jun 2011
at 04:46
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG jumps to his feet out of bed just like he had practiced a thousand times as a child. He lands looking through the doorway into the captain's cabin, only hearing the action outside through the walls, ceiling, and floor.

The fifth sahuagin that JACK could see finally climbs up onto the deck of the ship. He is holding a staff, much like the sahuagin priest that was encountered yesterday, except his is glowing very slightly, and leaves a faint blue trail as he moves it.

Sahuagin #1 moves 5' closer to the front of the ship in order to partially shield himself from one of the marine's bolts. He then fiddles with the tube he is holding, looking as if he's stuffed something inside of it.

Sahuagin #2 once again claws at JACK, scraping him slightly.
23:38, Today: teslas rolled 3 using 1d4+2. damage.
23:38, Today: teslas rolled 17 using 1d20+5. #2 claw vs JACK.


Sahuagin #3 ascends the stairs onto the top of the front half-castle and levels his tube at the marine near the other staircase.
23:40, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20+7. #3 blow-gun vs. marine.
23:40, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d4. damage.

The dart sticks into his hand, but the marine seems basically unaffected otherwise.

Sahuagin #4 levels his tube at VIL and spits but the dart bounces off of ZEIG's protective barrier around him.
23:43, Today: teslas rolled 15 using 1d20+7. #4 vs. VIL.

The sailors on board continue to hide themselves apart from the petty officer steering the ship.

Another crossbow bolt flies down from the crows nest, this time careening wildly from end to end, bouncing off of the ships deck and flopping down into the waves.
23:45, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 1d20-2. petty officer xbow vs. #4.

Round 2:
22: S. Raiders
21: sailors
19: ZEIG
17: JACK            -- Denied DEX to AC
17: VIL
15: DAI
13: marines
13: Sahag R.G.
12: Sahag Baron
10: LOGG
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince
--: DUNN

HP Colors:
Black  = Full HP
Green  = 50%+
Yellow = 25%+
Red    = 10%+
Purple = Below 0

I'll remove this key after a round or two to save space.

☼ is now the symbol for an open door. Closed is still #

G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. . . 
... .ss G.. . 
..... --#-- ..... .s. .
..o.. ....A #---☼ ---#- ...
..... .....c.....c..o.. .
..X.m 3.X.. ..X.. ..X.. s..
%---% %☼-☼% %...D %...% ..s
              ...o...      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              ......1      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
              ..[=].P      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
              4.[=VJ2      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
              8..X..s6     |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
              ...omBB      c..m..c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              .....BB      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              9...Z.7      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
%-X-% %#X#% %.X.% %☼X☼% -☼-
..H.. .....c.s...c..... U.m  
..sm. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..... --L-- .ss.. ...--- 
..s ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:58, Sat 18 June 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1207 posts
 White Mage
Sat 18 Jun 2011
at 04:58
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Zeig lets another sailor die.  He opens the door and takes a 5' step inside, readying a Cure spell for Logg when he moves in front of him.

"Sahaugin on board, get out here Logg!"

This message was last edited by the player at 05:18, Sat 18 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 1970 posts
Sat 18 Jun 2011
at 05:21
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
JACK is still grabbing onto the sailor's foot. You could take a standard action to try and pull the sailor away, but it would provoke attacks of opportunity against you.

Round 2:
22: S. Raiders
21: sailors
19: ZEIG
17: JACK            -- Denied DEX to AC
17: VIL
15: DAI
13: marines
13: Sahag R.G.
12: Sahag Baron
10: LOGG
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince
--: DUNN

HP Colors:
Black  = Full HP
Green  = 50%+
Yellow = 25%+
Red    = 10%+
Purple = Below 0

I'll remove this key after a round or two to save space.

☼ is now the symbol for an open door. Closed is still #

G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. . . 
... .ss G.. . 
..... --#-- ..... .s. .
..o.. ....A #---☼ ---#- ...
..... .....c.....c..o.. .
..X.m 3.X.. ..X.. ..X.. s..
%---% %☼-☼% %...D %...% ..s
              ...o...      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              ......1      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
              ..[=].P      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
              4.[=VJ2      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
              8..X..s6     |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
              ...omBB      c..m..c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              .....BB      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              9.....7      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
%-X-% %#XZ% %.X.% %☼X☼% -☼-
..H.. .....c.s...c..... U.m  
..sm. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..... --L-- .ss.. ...--- 
..s ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:22, Sat 18 June 2011.

JACK
 player, 1044 posts
Sat 18 Jun 2011
at 12:41
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack tries to get the sailor away from the sahuagin.
teslas
 GM, 1972 posts
Sat 18 Jun 2011
at 19:38
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Not at my desktop at work, so forgive me.

14:34, Today: teslas rolled 14 using 1d20+3. royal guard STR check to keep sailor.
14:33, Today: teslas, on behalf of JACK, rolled 20 using 1d20+4. STR check to pull sailor away.


JACK yanks the sailor out of the claw of the sahuagin on the side of the ship and moves him to a safer position.

You provoke an AoO from #2 and the Baron (who has reach as a large, tall creature). You are counted as being under a medium load for this movement due to the sailor's weight and therefore lose your Black Belt speed feature and some of your AC for this movement. You can pull the sailor up to 40' in any way you want (30' base + Deck Boots). This only requires a Move action, therefore you will have a Standard action left afterward (or you could use it first, say to punch someone or to go on Total Defense before you move.)
JACK
 player, 1045 posts
Sat 18 Jun 2011
at 20:37
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack punches the fish in the throat (Sahuagin Prince) Then tumbles (down-left 5ft., down 5 ft., down-left 5ft. (counts as 10) trying to get the man to Zeig.

16:36, Today: JACK rolled 15 using 1d8+13 with rolls of 2. Tumble (Sahuagin Baron).
16:36, Today: JACK rolled 15 using 1d8+13 with rolls of 2. Tumble (Sahuagin 2).
16:36, Today: JACK rolled 18 using 1d8+13 with rolls of 5. Tumble (Sahuagin Prince).
16:35, Today: JACK rolled 7 using 1d8+4 with rolls of 3. Damage 2.
16:34, Today: JACK rolled 7 using 1d8+4 with rolls of 3. Damage 1.
16:34, Today: JACK rolled 15 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 7. Attack 2 (Sahuagin Prince).
16:34, Today: JACK rolled 24 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 16. Attack 1 (Sahuagin Prince).

teslas
 GM, 1975 posts
Sat 18 Jun 2011
at 21:08
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
JACK's first punch connects with the prince's face, obviously infuriating it. It is further enraged when JACK gracefully backflips out of range of any retribution. However, due to the strain of keeping a hand around the sailor's leg and pulling him away from the dangling sahuagin, both the sahuagin raider in front of him and the large, imposing sahuagin baron are able to claw and jab at JACK as he moves by.
16:10, Today: teslas rolled 3 using 1d4+2. damage.
16:10, Today: teslas rolled 19 using 1d20+5. #2 AoO vs. JACK.

The raider scratches JACK in the arm once again.
16:12, Today: teslas rolled 16 using 1d20+12. Baron Elec. Shortsword AoO vs. JACK.
The baron attempts to poke him with one of the shortswords with its lower arms as he moves by, but mistook the distance with the small blade.

He ends his movement 20' away from where he was, with the sailor he's dragging behind now lying in the square with the marine.

Upon seeing the odds against them, VIL decides to attempt to level the playing field. Chainspell. Sleep on Prince. Sleep on #2. Sleep on #6's hand. Sleep on Baron. Sleep on #7.
The Prince and the the unarmored raider next to him shut their eyes and droop their heads. The hand of #6 on the deck loosens then slides off, and everyone can hear a splash follow a couple seconds later. The Baron doesn't even seem to have noticed being a target of the spell, and #7 shakes its head vigorously back and forth but seems otherwise unaffected.

VIL then takes a step toward the sleeping Prince, looking as if he's intending to end its life.

Round 2:
22: S. Raiders
22: #2            - Sleeping
21: sailors
19: ZEIG
17: JACK          - Denied DEX to AC
17: VIL
15: DAI
13: marines
13: Sahag R.G.   
12: Sahag Baron
10: LOGG
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince  - Sleeping
--: DUNN

<tt>☼ is now the symbol for an open door. Closed is still #

G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. . . 
... .ss G.. . 
..... --#-- ..... .s. .
..o.. ....A #---☼ ---#- ...
..... .....c.....c..o.. .
..X.m 3.X.. ..X.. ..X.. s..
%---% %☼-☼% %...D %...% ..s
              ...o...      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              ......1      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
              ..[=]VP      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
              4.[=].2      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
              8..X...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
              ...omBB      c..m..c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              ...J.BB      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              9.....7      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
%-X-% %#XZ% %.X.% %☼X☼% -☼-
..H.. .....c.s...c..... U.m  
..sm. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..... --L-- .ss.. ...--- 
..s ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:38, Sat 18 June 2011.

DAI
 player, 1123 posts
Sat 18 Jun 2011
at 22:10
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI climbs up the stairwell, deciding to go to the top deck for now(20 ft of movement), he keeps his place at the top, before looking over the scene below him, and letting loose a blast of magical stones at the large, grotesque Sahuagin.

15:10, Today: DAI rolled 19 using 2d12+7. stone damage(PBS) baron.
15:09, Today: DAI rolled 15 using 1d20+5. stone(RTA)(PBS) baron.

17:43, Today: teslas, on behalf of DAI, rolled 18 using 2d12+6. stone damage.
17:43, Today: teslas, on behalf of DAI, rolled 15 using 1d20+4. Stone RTA vs. Baron.
Rough terrain below his bottom-right corner, and 7.


GM Edit-
Just barely out of range of PBS. If you were on the deck with the Baron, you'd be fine, but you're 10' above it.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:44, Sat 18 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 1979 posts
Sun 19 Jun 2011
at 01:50
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI's rocks impacting upon the body of the sahuagin Baron sound like ineffectual punches against a punching bag full of sand. Despite the sound, he is still visibly injured.

The marine on the cannon deck makes his way topside, sword in one hand and loaded crossbow in the other. He stops once he arrives on the Upper Deck, standing next to the Sahuagin Royal Guard (#7). He is wearing medium armor, and therefore had to use two movements to get to where he is.

The marine next to the petty officer steering the ship steps up to the railing and fires his crossbow at Sahuagin #9 but doesn't appear to do any meaningful damage through the creature's tough hide.
20:31, Today: teslas rolled 14 using 1d20+4. marine xbow vs #9.

The marine on the front of the ship moves up behind the mast opposite of sahuagin #3 and reloads his crossbow.

The marine on the deck of the ship directly next to the Baron takes a 5' step toward the helm (down) and gives a valiant try at cutting the large sahuagin, but fails to so much as attract special attention. "Group up and defend the helm!" he yells to the other marines.
20:33, Today: teslas rolled 11 using 1d20+6. marine lsword vs. Baron.

#7 steps to the left 5' and swings his trident at the marine arriving from the cannon deck, but misses, then attempts to bite him as he parries the initial blow, but that, too, misses.
20:37, Today: teslas rolled 7 using 1d20+5. #7 bite vs. marine.
20:36, Today: teslas rolled 13 using 1d20+8. #7 vs. marine.


#8 charges JACK, sinking all three prongs of his trident into JACK's outstretched arm, mangling it badly.
20:38, Today: teslas rolled 10 using 1d8+4. damage.
20:38, Today: teslas rolled 11 using 1d20+10. confirm.
20:38, Today: teslas rolled 30 using 1d20+10. #8 charge trident vs. JACK.


#9 does the same, this time pinching him between the Baron and its trident, further mangling his outstretched arm.
20:41, Today: teslas rolled 11 using 1d8+4. damage.
20:41, Today: teslas rolled 22 using 1d20+12. #8 charge/flank vs. JACK.


The sahag Baron chuckles loudly in a grotesque gurgling fashion. He begins to get to work with his veritable armament of weapons. He first strikes at the marine in front of him with his dripping trident, nearly sending it through his chest. In addition to the grievous wound in the marine's chest through his breastplate, his cheeks sink in slightly and some of the baron's bruising from DAI's stones disappears.
20:43, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d6-1. drain.
20:43, Today: teslas rolled 12 using 1d8+7. damage.
20:43, Today: teslas rolled 24 using 1d20+10. Baron 1st Trident vs. marine.

He brings the trident around for another attack to finish him off, but misses as ZEIG's magical barrier deflects the blow.
20:46, Today: teslas rolled 16 using 1d20+5. Baron 2nd Trident vs. marine .
Furious, he continues his onslaught, attempting to bite the marine with its massive mouth, again missing.
20:47, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 1d20+7. Baron bite vs. marine.
Even more furious at the marine's defiance, both shortswords fling at him from opposite directions killing him outright as he is cut in half, tiny amounts of electrical sparks flying behind one of the weapons.
20:49, Today: teslas rolled 8 using 1d8+3. large ss damage.
20:49, Today: teslas rolled 1 using 1d6. damage.
20:49, Today: teslas rolled 8 using 1d6+3. lightning ss damage.
20:48, Today: teslas rolled 29 using 1d20+11. Baron large ss. vs marine.
20:48, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20+10. Baron lightning ss. vs marine.


Round 2:
22: S. Raiders
22: #2            - Sleeping
21: sailors
19: ZEIG
17: JACK          - Denied DEX to AC
17: VIL
15: DAI
13: marines
13: Sahag R.G.   
12: Sahag Baron
10: LOGG
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince  - Sleeping
--: DUNN

<tt>☼ is now the symbol for an open door. Closed is still #

G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. . . 
... .ss G.. . 
..... --#-- ..... .s. .
..o.. ....A #---☼ ---#- ...
..... .....c.....c..o.. .
..X.m 3.X.. ..X.. ..X.. s..
%---% %☼-☼% %...D %...% ..s
              ...o...      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              ......1      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
              ..[=]VP      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
              4.[=].2      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
              ...X...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
              ..8osBB      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              ..9J.BB      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              .....7.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
%-X-% %#XZm %.X.% %☼X☼% -☼-
.mH.. .....c.s...c..... U.m  
..s.. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..... --L-- .ss.. ...--- 
..s ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:36, Sun 19 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 1980 posts
Sun 19 Jun 2011
at 02:08
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Taking turn for LOGG according to his instructions, as discussed in OOC.
LOGG straps his buckler to his arm as he runs out in front of ZEIG on the deck. Much to his horror the first thing he sees is an enormous sahuagin and two halves of what used to be a marine flop onto the deck, gushing blood.

ZEIG casts Cure on LOGG as he moves by.
20:57, Today: teslas rolled 7 using 1d8+6. ZEIG's Cure on LOGG.

LOGG then decides to stand his ground, in front of ZEIG, shielding him somewhat, and wait to see if a more advantageous solution presents itself soon. Total Defense.

GERY continues to make his way to the helm.

The Sahuagin Prince dozes peacefully.

Sahuagin Raider #1 wiggles the prince back awake.

#2 dozes peacefully.

#3, much like the marine he's trying to dart, moves next to the mast and fiddles with his tube.

#4 also fiddles with its tube, reloading it.

The sailors on board continue hiding. (And will for the rest of the combat. I will not take turns for them again unless they are threatened.)

Round 3:
22: S. Raiders
22: #2            - Sleeping
21: sailors
17: JACK          - Denied DEX to AC
17: VIL
15: DAI
13: marines
13: Sahag R.G.   
12: Sahag Baron
10: ZEIG
10: LOGG
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince
--: DUNN

<tt>☼ is now the symbol for an open door. Closed is still #

G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. . . 
... .ss ... . 
..... --#-- ..... .s. .
..o.. ....A #---☼ ---#- ...
..... .....c.....c..o.. .
.3Xm. ..X.. ..X.. ..X.. s..
%---% %☼-☼D %...% %...% ..s
              ...o...      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              ......1      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
              ..[=]VP      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
              4.[=].2      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
              ...X...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
              ..8osBB      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              ..9J.BB      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              ....L7.      c....Gc       |.....|        |...|
%-X-% %#XZm %.X.% %☼X☼% -☼-
.mH.. .....c.s...c..... U.m  
..s.. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..... --☼-- .ss.. ...--- 
..s ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:33, Sun 19 June 2011.

JACK
 player, 1047 posts
Sun 19 Jun 2011
at 12:28
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack kicks at sahuagin 9 before jumping behind Zeig, so the sailor wil be better protected.

08:27, Today: JACK rolled 29 using 1d20+13 with rolls of 16. tumble (SB).
08:26, Today: JACK rolled 18 using 1d20+13 with rolls of 5. tumble (S8).
08:26, Today: JACK rolled 15 using 1d20+13 with rolls of 2. tumble (S9).
08:26, Today: JACK rolled 9 using 1d8+4 with rolls of 5. Damage 2.
08:26, Today: JACK rolled 8 using 1d8+4 with rolls of 4. Damage 1.
08:26, Today: JACK rolled 16 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 8. Attack 2 (S9).
08:25, Today: JACK rolled 12 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 4. Attack 1 (S9).

teslas
 GM, 1981 posts
Sun 19 Jun 2011
at 12:48
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Neither of JACK's attacks connect and deal meaningful harm. He does, however, manage to navigate his way through the mass of enemy sahuagin, dragging the sailor to the relative safety of the captain's cabin. I'll assume you let go of the sailor at the end of your turn. You can be in any square around the unconscious sailor in the captain's cabin. I selected one for you pretty much at random as it doesn't really matter.

VIL attempts to quickly put the Sahuagin Prince back to sleep, but the prince resists his spell this second time. Fast Cast Sleep. In light of this failure, he performs a Coup de Grace upon the sleeping #2, provoking attacks of opportunity from both the Priest and sahuagin #1.
07:43, Today: teslas rolled 16 using 1d20+5. #1 AoO vs VIL.
07:42, Today: teslas rolled 10 using 1d8+2. damage.
07:42, Today: teslas rolled 19 using 1d20+6. Prince AoO vs. VIL.

The priest gives him a surprisingly hard wallop across the back as VIL leans over and slices the throat of the sleeping sahuagin, dooming it to a speedy death as it falls backwards into the sea. VIL then steps out of easy reach of the Baron, while keeping the prince, what he clearly suspects to be a priest like the day before, close-by, "Kill or disable this damn magic fish!"



Round 3:
22: S. Raiders
21: sailors
17: JACK
17: VIL
15: DAI
13: marines
13: Sahag R.G.   
12: Sahag Baron
10: ZEIG
10: LOGG
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince
--: DUNN

<tt>☼ is now the symbol for an open door. Closed is still #

G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. . . 
... .ss ... . 
..... --#-- ..... .s. .
..o.. ....A #---☼ ---#- ...
..... .....c.....c..o.. .
.3Xm. ..X.. ..X.. ..X.. s..
%---% %☼-☼D %...% %...% ..s
              ...o...      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              .....V1      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
              ..[=].P      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
              4.[=]..      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
              ...X...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
              ..8osBB      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              ..9..BB      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              ....L7.      c....Gc       |.....|        |...|
%-X-% %#XZm %.X.% %☼X☼% -☼-
.mH.. ...sJc.s...c..... U.m  
..s.. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..... --☼-- .ss.. ...--- 
..s ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:50, Sun 19 June 2011.

DAI
 player, 1125 posts
Sun 19 Jun 2011
at 13:23
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI takes a 5ft step up, befor turning his attention to the prince that VIL was engaging. DAI flung a fistful of conjured pebbles at frightening speeds, hoping to, if nothing else, get its attention.

06:22, Today: DAI rolled 20 using 2d12+7. stone damage(PBS) prince.
06:22, Today: DAI rolled 16 using 1d20+5. stone(RTA)(PBS) prince.
Rough terrain in the squares below it, and to it's left.


OOC: Dond't forget the rough terrain under the baron's bottom-right corner and #7 from last round

This message was last edited by the player at 13:43, Sun 19 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 1985 posts
Mon 20 Jun 2011
at 02:21
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
You can't take a 5' step "up". You're on the staircase. All you can do is ascend up to the Upper Decks (10'), descend (same), or move 5' off of the staircase toward VIL or one of the squares next to him.

Again, DAI's magical stones find their mark by just enough. The prince is bombarded.

The marine next to the helm fires his crossbow at sahuagin #9, but misses even though the sahuagin was slightly off balance after his charge.
21:02, Today: teslas rolled 10 using 1d20+4. marine vs. #9.

The marine who ran up from the cannon deck is more than willing to keep sahuagin #7 between himself and and the Baron, and strikes at sahuagin #7 with his longsword (one-handed), wounding it very badly.
21:04, Today: teslas rolled 16 using 2d8+6. marine lsword crit (1h) damage.
21:04, Today: teslas rolled 21 using 1d20+6. confirm.
21:03, Today: teslas rolled 26 using 1d20+6. marine longsword vs. #7.

Sahuagin #7 screams out in fury and drops his trident. Sense Motive #1.

A crossbow bolt flies down from the crow's nest at sahuagin #4, embedding itself deep within the sahuagin's body.
21:06, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 1d10. damage.
21:06, Today: teslas rolled 21 using 1d20+4. marine xbow vs. #4.

Sahuagin #4 drops his bamboo rod and shrieks out much as the royal guard did. Sense Motive #2.

The marine on the front of the ship with sahuagin #3 keeps his crossbow loaded as he moves around, drawing his longsword. He then slices at #3 with it.
21:12, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 1d8+3. longsword 1h damage.
21:12, Today: teslas rolled 16 using 1d20+6. marine vs. #3.


Sahuagin #7 lurches forward, claws flailing wildly. LOGG deftly evades two thirds of #7's furious onslaught, though the one talon that did manage to get through caught him across the gut.
21:19, Today: teslas rolled 13 using 1d20+6. #7 bite vs. LOGG.
21:18, Today: teslas rolled 10 using 2d4+6. damage.
21:18, Today: teslas rolled 26 using 1d20+8. confirm.
21:18, Today: teslas rolled 28 using 1d20+8. #7 talon 2nd vs. LOGG.
21:18, Today: teslas rolled 15 using 1d20+8. #7 talon 1st vs. LOGG.


Sahuagin #8 and #9 both turn their heads toward LOGG.

LOGG, fearing for his life, concentrates fully on evading incoming enemy attacks. (Perfect Dodge)

I am only going to roll d20's for the attack rolls. These things can't hit him even on a 19.
#8 takes a 5' step toward LOGG and attempts to bite and trident him. LOGG intricately moves his body to get out of the way of both.
#9 takes a 5' step flanking LOGG with #7 and attempts the same 1-2 combo of attacks. LOGG again evades them with no issue.

The Baron, confident his guards can handle a small creature such as LOGG, directs his attention toward VIL and DAI. He clambers up and over DAI's difficult terrain, sending his trident at VIL.
22:16, Today: teslas rolled 5 using 1d6. drain.
22:16, Today: teslas rolled 12 using 1d8+7. physical damage.
22:15, Today: teslas rolled 19 using 1d20+12. Baron trident vs. VIL.

Some more small wounds of the Baron's disappear.

Round 3:
22: S. Raiders
21: sailors
17: JACK
17: VIL
15: DAI
13: marines
13: Sahag R.G.   
12: Sahag Baron
10: ZEIG
10: LOGG         - Perfect Dodge (ends beginning of turn, round 8)
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince
--: DUNN

<tt>☼ is now the symbol for an open door. Closed is still #

G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
 _
. . . 
... .ss ... . 
..... --#-- ..... .s. .
..o.. ....A #---☼ ---#- ...
.m... .....c.....c..o.. .
.3X.D ..X.. ..X.. ..X.. s..
%---% %☼-☼% %...% %...% ..s
              ...o...      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              .....V1      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
              ..[=BBP      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
              4.[=BB      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
              ...X...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
              ...o...      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
              ...8..      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
              ...9L7      c....Gc       |.....|        |...|
%-X-% %#XZm %.X.% %☼X☼% -☼-
.mH.. ...sJc.s...c..... U.m  
..s.. ..... --#-- ..... mmm
..... --☼-- .ss.. ...--- 
..s ... ...---   
   ---          ---          ---

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:45, Mon 20 June 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1208 posts
 White Mage
Mon 20 Jun 2011
at 03:49
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Zeig seeing Vil surrounded builds into a forceful spell.  With his eyes flashing blue he directs an intense soothing light towards his companion.

23:31, Today: ZEIG rolled 14 using 1d8+6. Cure - Vil (Divine Seal).  21 HP healed.

Not positive if I need to cast defensively, will roll concentration with DI if necessary (if I'm too slow go ahead and do it).

00:45, Today: ZEIG rolled 17 using 1d20+4. sense motive #2.
00:45, Today: ZEIG rolled 9 using 1d20+4. sense motive #1.


GM Edit Skill Check Result-

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:48, Mon 20 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 1988 posts
Mon 20 Jun 2011
at 04:34
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG's turn. Map unchanged (apart from VIL's color returning to green).
LOGG
 player, 142 posts
Tue 21 Jun 2011
at 00:37
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
19:35, Today: LOGG rolled 24 using 1d20+9. tumble to avoid AoO (DC 15).

LOGG tumbles to the other side of #7 and attacks

19:36, Today: LOGG rolled 12 using 1d20+8. Attack roll on #7. Pretty sure that missed but just in case.

19:36, Today: LOGG rolled 3 using 1d4. damage roll.

teslas
 GM, 1991 posts
Tue 21 Jun 2011
at 05:28
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
You have been docked bonus EXP due to your invalid or incomplete move. Again, in the future, please confirm your move with me, even if it requires making people wait, before doing something that is incorrect. Performing valid actions once is MUCH better than performing invalid actions and forcing me to fix it.

For starters, for Tumble checks you must roll a check for each individual person you're tumbling by. JACK has demonstrated this for you already.

If you meant to tumble on top of the difficult terrain, you simply cannot. Tumbling around #7 would require 15' of movement for the first move NE, and then 20' of movement to tumble back SE. You do not have 35' of movement available to you. By "the other side" I will assume the other size of #7 from the marine, which provides you a flanking bonus. This means your attack roll is incorrect, and I will have to reroll it for you.


00:20, Today: teslas, on behalf of LOGG, rolled 14 using 1d20+9. tumble to avoid 3rd AoO (DC 19).
00:19, Today: teslas, on behalf of LOGG, rolled 28 using 1d20+9. tumble to avoid 2nd AoO (DC 17).


Because you did not specify which target you were rolling the original check for, I will begin in the square just above your character and move around clockwise to determine the order, as is standard practice. This means that sahuagin #8 gets to make an attack of opportunity against, which will most likely miss. Just as I had done before, I'm only going to roll a d20 to determine if he critically hit you, as that is the only way he could strike you with your limit break active.
00:26, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20. #8 AoO.

Now for your attack.
00:27, Today: teslas, on behalf of LOGG, rolled 1,14 using 1d4,3d6. damage.
00:26, Today: teslas, on behalf of LOGG, rolled 23 using 1d20+10. flanking attack roll vs. #7.


One more time, just ask. There's no harm in it. If you hold the game up, you hold the game up. I would like for everyone to have fun, and for this to happen everyone must contribute.
teslas
 GM, 1993 posts
Tue 21 Jun 2011
at 06:04
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG's tiny blade makes a disproportionately huge hole in the side of the sahuagin royal guard, nearly incapacitating it.

GERY hears the fighting above him, and holds his position.

The sahuagin prince casts a spell on VIL, ripping a fine mist of purple energy from VIL's body to his. After DAI recognized this spell from the previous day cast by a sahuagin priest, anyone with a magical inkling knows what spell this is already as it looks exactly the same (although it looks different than when a human casts it).
00:50, Today: teslas rolled 14 using 1d20+5. VIL DC 16 Fort.
00:49, Today: teslas rolled 13 using 2d6+6. damage.
00:49, Today: teslas rolled 26 using 1d20+12. prince def. casting Concentration.


Sahuagin #1 takes a step behind VIL and claws then bites at him.
00:56, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d4+1. bite damage.
00:56, Today: teslas rolled 5 using 1d4+2. talon damage.
00:56, Today: teslas rolled 20 using 1d20+5. #1 flanking bite vs. VIL.
00:56, Today: teslas rolled 26 using 1d20+7. #1 flanking talon vs. VIL.

VIL's armor stops the majority of the damage from affecting him.

Sahuagin #3 drops his bamboo shoot and draws his trident. He then stabs at the marine next to him with it but is nearly disarmed as the marine easily parries the attack.
00:58, Today: teslas rolled 11 using 1d20+6. confirm.
00:58, Today: teslas rolled 7 using 1d20+6. #3 trident vs. marine.

He then takes a 5' step, closer to the edge of the ship. Up and left.

Sahuagin #4, slathering wildly, runs over to VIL and rips open enormous chunk of flesh of VIL's hip.
01:01, Today: teslas rolled 14 using 2d4+6. damage.
01:01, Today: teslas rolled 25 using 1d20+6. confirm.
01:01, Today: teslas rolled 26 using 1d20+6. #4 blood frenzy talon.


Round 4:
22: S. Raiders
21: sailors
17: JACK
17: VIL
15: DAI
13: marines
13: DUNN
13: Sahag R.G.   
12: Sahag Baron
10: ZEIG
10: LOGG         - Perfect Dodge (ends beginning of turn, round 8)
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince
<tt>☼ is now the symbol for an open door. Closed is still #

G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
  ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI
 1    |            |            _
 2   |.|          |.|          |.|            |
 3  |...|        |.ss|        |...|          |.|            |
 4 |.....|      |--#--|      |.....|        |.s.|          |.|
 5 |..o..|      |....A|      |#---☼|       |---#-|        |...|
 6 |3m...|      |.....|      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
 7 |..X.D|      |..X..|      |..X..|       |..X..|        |s..|
 8 |%---%|      |%☼-☼%|      |%...%|       |%...%|        |..s|
 9              ...o.1.      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
10              ....4V.      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
11              ..[=BBP      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
12              ..[=BB      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
13              ...X...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
14              ...o...      c.....c       |.moU.|        |m^m|
15              ...8.L      c.....c       |..m..|        |s..|
16              ...9.7      c....Gc       |.....|        |...|
17 |%-X-%|      |%#XZm|      |%.X.%|       |%☼X☼%|        |-☼-|
18 |.mH..|      |...sJ|      c.s...c       |.....|        |...|
19 |..s..|      |.....|      |--#--|       |.....|        |...|
20 |.....|      |--☼--|      |.ss..|        |...|          ---
21  |..s|        |...|        |...|          ---
22   ---          ---          ---

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:31, Tue 21 June 2011.

JACK
 player, 1048 posts
Tue 21 Jun 2011
at 13:09
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack moves to (Upper deck F16) and attacks the weakened Sahuagin (7)

09:07, Today: JACK rolled 7 using 1d8+4 with rolls of 3. Damage 2 (S7).
09:07, Today: JACK rolled 10 using 1d8+4 with rolls of 6. Damage 1.
09:06, Today: JACK rolled 25 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 17. Attack 2 (S7).
09:06, Today: JACK rolled 19 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 11. Attack 1 (S7).


If Jacks first attack drops the sahuagin 7 to 0 or less, he redirects his second attack to sahuagin 9

09:08, Today: JACK rolled 9 using 1d8+4 with rolls of 5. Damage 2 (S9).
09:07, Today: JACK rolled 14 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 6. Attack 2 (S9).

teslas
 GM, 1996 posts
Wed 22 Jun 2011
at 03:34
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
It's actually better for me if you simply tell me where you end movement relative to other objects on the map. However, if the grid descriptions are better for you, then use them.

JACK exits the door of the captain's cabin and kicks Sahuagin #7 in the head. It flops to the deck. He turns to engage #8 and #9 but misses his second attack.

VIL, realizing the danger he is in, takes a 5' step back toward the staircase and attempts to Cure himself.
22:32, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 1d8+4. Cure result.
22:31, Today: teslas rolled 21 using 1d20+10. VIL DC 16 Concentration check.

Round 4:
22: S. Raiders
21: sailors
17: JACK
17: VIL
15: DAI
13: marines
13: DUNN
13: Sahag R.G.   
12: Sahag Baron
10: ZEIG
10: LOGG         - Perfect Dodge (ends beginning of turn, round 8)
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince
<tt>☼ is now the symbol for an open door. Closed is still #

G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
  ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI
 1    |            |            _
 2   |.|          |.|          |.|            |
 3  |...|        |.ss|        |...|          |.|            |
 4 |.....|      |--#--|      |.....|        |.s.|          |.|
 5 |..o..|      |....A|      |#---☼|       |---#-|        |...|
 6 |3m...|      |.....|      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
 7 |..X.D|      |..X..|      |..X..|       |..X..|        |s..|
 8 |%---%|      |%☼-☼%|      |%...%|       |%...%|        |..s|
 9              ...oV1.      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
10              ....4..      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
11              ..[=BBP      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
12              ..[=BB      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
13              ...X...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
14              ...o...      c.....c       |.moU.|        |m^m|
15              ...8.L      c.....c       |..m..|        |s..|
16              ...9J7      c....Gc       |.....|        |...|
17 |%-X-%|      |%#XZm|      |%.X.%|       |%☼X☼%|        |-☼-|
18 |.mH..|      |...s.|      c.s...c       |.....|        |...|
19 |..s..|      |.....|      |--#--|       |.....|        |...|
20 |.....|      |--☼--|      |.ss..|        |...|          ---
21  |..s|        |...|        |...|          ---
22   ---          ---          ---

DAI
 player, 1131 posts
Thu 23 Jun 2011
at 02:19
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI, just now noticing the Sahuagin on the same level as him and the marine, decides taking out this threat first may be more useful. He takes a 5ft step up, before making a flourish with his hands and shooting a stream of fire directly at Sahuagin 3.

19:17, Today: DAI rolled 28 using 1d100. conserve MP 15%.
19:17, Today: DAI rolled 7 using 1d20+5. Fire(RTA)(PBA) Sahuagin 3.


His shot fires wide, and he curses himself as he likely just got the scaly bastard's attention.

OOC: Well, attack rolls were bound to miss eventually, still...wish it hadn't been on my first use of a 2nd level spell >.>
teslas
 GM, 2000 posts
Thu 23 Jun 2011
at 10:20
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The marine near the helm reloads his crossbow.

The marine opposite of LOGG on the staircase leans over and slits the throat of the unconscious sahuagin in front of him. He then steps off of the staircase into its square.

The marine next to sahuagin #3 on the front of the ship users DAI's spell as a distraction for a solid blow from his longsword.
05:02, Today: teslas rolled 8 using 1d8+3. longsword damage (1h).
05:01, Today: teslas rolled 16 using 1d20+6. marine vs #3.


Sahuagin #3 screams out in rage, dropping its weapon.

DUNN and the rest of the marines continue to run to join the battle. DUNN makes it onto the Upper Deck helm area, while the other marines rush to hold the stairwells. None of them are wearing armor, but they have loaded crossbows at the ready with their swordbelts on.

#8 and #9 both swing their tridents at JACK followed by fast attempts to bite chunks of his flesh off of him, though only one of the trident thrusts manages to draw blood.
05:10, Today: teslas rolled 6 using 1d8+4. trident damage.
05:10, Today: teslas rolled 21 using 1d20+5. confirm.
05:09, Today: teslas rolled 6 using 1d20+5. #9 bite.
05:09, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 1d20+5. #8 bite.
05:09, Today: teslas rolled 12 using 1d20+8. #9 trident.
05:09, Today: teslas rolled 23 using 1d20+8. #8 Trident.


The royal guard that was put to sleep and fell back into the ocean flops itself back onto the deck of the ship next to LOGG.

The baron simply reaches over the sahuagin in front of him (#4) as he attempts to sunder VIL in half just as he did the marine.
05:17, Today: teslas rolled 17 using 1d20+11. large shortsword.
05:15, Today: teslas rolled 5 using 1d6. lightning dam.
05:15, Today: teslas rolled 5 using 1d6+3. electric ss dam.
05:15, Today: teslas rolled 23 using 1d20+10. electric shortsword.
05:15, Today: teslas rolled 10 using 1d20+5. trident 2nd.
05:14, Today: teslas rolled 5 using 1d6. drain.
05:14, Today: teslas rolled 11 using 1d8+7. trident 1st damage.
05:14, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20+10. Trident 1st.

The first strike of the trident slashes his mid-section, followed closely by the electric shortsword. VIL manages to dodge both the counter-swing of the trident's second pass as well as the larger shortsword. The Baron's mouth waters as he looks slightly more healthy once again. VIL appears to be just out of reach of the Baron's fangs.

Round 4:
22: S. Raiders
21: sailors
17: JACK
17: VIL
15: DAI
13: marines
13: DUNN
13: Sahag R.G.
12: Sahag Baron
10: ZEIG
10: LOGG         - Perfect Dodge (ends beginning of turn, round 8)
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince

☼ is now the symbol for an open door. Closed is still #

G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
  ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI
 1    |            |            _
 2   |.|          |.|          |.|            |
 3  |...|        |.ss|        |...|          |.|            |
 4 |.....|      |--#--|      |.....|        |.s.|          |.|
 5 |..o..|      |....A|      |#---☼|       |---#-|        |...|
 6 |3m...|      |.....|      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
 7 |..X.D|      |..X..|      |..X..|       |..X..|        |s..|
 8 |%---%|      |%☼-☼%|      |%...%|       |%...%|        |..s|
 9              ...oV1.      cm...mc       |.....|        |s..|
10              ....4..      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
11              ..[=BBP      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
12              ..[=BB      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
13              ...X...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
14              ...o..6      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
15              ...8.L      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
16              ...9Jm      c....Gc       |.....|        |...|
17 |%-X-%|      |m#XZm|      |%.X.%|       |%☼X☼%|        |-☼-|
18 |.mH.U|      |...s.|      c.s...c       |.....|        |...|
19 |..s..|      |.....|      |--#--|       |.....|        |...|
20 |.....|      |--☼--|      |.ss..|        |...|          ---
21  |..s|        |...|        |...|          ---
22   ---          ---          ---

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:25, Thu 23 June 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1214 posts
 White Mage
Thu 23 Jun 2011
at 18:26
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Zeig's eyes flare bright blue as he unleashes a massive wave of energy across the ship, closing gaping wounds and stitching flesh together as if it were cloth.  Benediction

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I can hit Jack, Logg, Vil, and the marine next to Jack with this.  I believe that I could hit Dai although it doesn't matter because he is at full health, but I'm pretty sure that I don't have the distance to reach the marine on the deck with Dai (although I don't think the mast provides cover from me at that distance).

If for whatever reason I cannot hit Vil with this then I will edit this turn.


14:20, Today: ZEIG rolled 19 using 4d10. Benediction.

Zeig then points a finger at the baron and small ball of fire erupts as if ripped from his chest.  Dia, -2 AC for 3 rounds

This message was last edited by the player at 18:28, Thu 23 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2001 posts
Fri 24 Jun 2011
at 05:45
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
You can definitely affect VIL with benediction. The marine on the front of the ship probably is not visible at all, being 10' above you, quite a bit of ways back, and there's also a bit of a railing along the edge of the top of the half-castle.

VIL looks quite a bit better, and both LOGG and JACK are healed as well. The sailor behind ZEIG stirs and opens his eyes.

LOGG's turn. No need to update the map.
LOGG
 player, 153 posts
Fri 24 Jun 2011
at 05:58
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG moves northwest, tumbling to the west to into a flanking position with Jack and the ugly he is fighting, stabbing at him.

Move 5' northwest, Tumble west 10' for 20' of movement.
00:55, Today: LOGG rolled 11 using 1d20+9. tumble to avoid AoO (DC 15). dang... was bound to happen

00:57, Today: LOGG rolled 27,3,9 using 1d20+10,1d4,3d6. attack/damage/sa damage (flanking).
teslas
 GM, 2003 posts
Fri 24 Jun 2011
at 06:22
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Sahuagin #8 attempts to put the sharp end of its trident into LOGG, but misses by tens of inches. In turn, LOGG places his small blade all the way into the sahuagin's body, piercing what LOGG would think was a kidney... if these things have them.

GERY runs up to the helm. And will remain there, much like the sailors. I won't post for him again unless he's involved with something.

The Prince casts the same spell once again upon VIL. It appears as if he shrugged off the worst of it, however.
01:11, Today: teslas rolled 13 using 2d6+6. damage.
01:11, Today: teslas rolled 16 using 1d20+5. VIL DC 16 Fort.

The Prince then moves up next to the staircase to the side of sahuagin #1, partially shielding itself from DAI's view.

Sahuagin #1 takes a 5' step to the southeast, turns, and spits a dart out of its bamboo shoot at DAI.
01:14, Today: teslas rolled 3 using 1d4. damage.
01:14, Today: teslas rolled 17 using 1d20+7. #1 dart vs. DAI.

The dart pierces his robes and embeds itself in his skin.
01:15, Today: teslas, on behalf of DAI, rolled 12 using 1d20+4. DC 14 Fortitude vs. poison.
DAI slumps to the deck, unconscious.

Sahuagin #3 lets loose a feral barrage of claws and teeth upon the marine next to him.
01:18, Today: teslas rolled 3 using 1d4+1. bite damage.
01:18, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d4+3. talon damage.
01:18, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20+4. #3 bite vs. marine.
01:18, Today: teslas rolled 20 using 1d20+6. #3 talon 2 vs. marine.
01:18, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 1d20+6. #3 talon 1 vs. marine.

The marine's breastplate saves him from the worst of the attack, although there are fresh cuts with flowing blood in a few places.

Sahuagin #4 continues the same savage style at VIL, unaware of its blocking the Baron's attempts to get closer.
01:21, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d4+1. bite damage.
01:21, Today: teslas rolled 22 using 1d20+4. #4 bite vs. VIL.
01:20, Today: teslas rolled 17 using 1d20+6. #4 talon 2 vs. VIL.
01:20, Today: teslas rolled 15 using 1d20+6. #4 talon 1 vs. VIL.

Some fancy buckler work in addition to ZEIG's magical barrier protect VIL nearly completely. The sahuagin's bite barely makes it through VIL's chain shirt.

Round 5:
22: S. Raiders
21: sailors
17: JACK
17: VIL
15: DAI          - Unconscious/Prone
13: marines
13: DUNN
13: Sahag R.G.
12: Sahag Baron  - -1 AC from Dia ending on ZEIG's turn, round 7
10: ZEIG
10: LOGG         - Perfect Dodge ending at beginning of turn, round 8
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince

☼ is now the symbol for an open door. Closed is still #

G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
  ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI
 1    |            |            _
 2   |.|          |.|          |.|            |
 3  |...|        |.ss|        |...|          |.|            |
 4 |.....|      |--#--|      |.....|        |.s.|          |.|
 5 |..o..|      |....A|      |#---☼|       |---#-|        |...|
 6 |3m...|      |.....|      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
 7 |..X.D|      |..X..|      |..X..|       |..X..|        |s..|
 8 |%---%|      |%☼-☼%|      |%...%|       |%...%|        |..s|
 9              ...oV.P      cm...mc       |.....|        |s..|
10              ....4.1      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
11              ..[=BB.      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
12              ..[=BB      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
13              ...X...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
14              ..Lo..6      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
15              ...8..      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
16              ...9Jm      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
17 |%-X-%|      |m#XZm|      |%.X.%|       |%☼X☼%|        |-☼-|
18 |.mH.U|      |.....|      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
19 |..sG.|      |.....|      |--#--|       |.....|        |...|
20 |.....|      |--#--|      |.ss..|        |...|          ---
21  |..s|        |.s.|        |...|          ---
22   ---          ---          ---

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:30, Fri 24 June 2011.

JACK
 player, 1049 posts
Fri 24 Jun 2011
at 14:01
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack sees an opportunity, and attacks Sahuagin 8.

10:00, Today: JACK rolled 7 using 1d8+4 with rolls of 3. Damage 2.
10:00, Today: JACK rolled 11 using 1d8+4 with rolls of 7. Damage 1.
10:00, Today: JACK rolled 15 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 7. Attack 2 (S8).
10:00, Today: JACK rolled 12 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 4. Attack 1 (S8).

teslas
 GM, 2006 posts
Sat 25 Jun 2011
at 01:16
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The sahuagin's #8 thick hide and leather armor block both of JACK's punches.

VIL, halfway surprised he's still alive, swings his sword at sahuagin #4 but misses even though it is in a reckless rage.
19:30, Today: Huxley rolled 13 using 1d20+7. VIL longsword vs. #4.
He then takes a 5' step onto the stairwell, "Hurry it up down there guys!"

DAI drools on himself and some of the difficult terrain from his Stone castings fade.

The marine in armor near the helm fires his crossbow at sahuagin #6 but his aim was off.
19:43, Today: teslas rolled 12 using 1d20+4. marine xbow vs #6.

The armored marine that came up from the cannon deck sheathes his sword and fires his crossbow at the same target but misses by an even wider margin.
19:44, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 1d20+4. marine xbow vs #6.

A crossbow bolt flies down from the crow's nest at the Baron but only glances off of his thick hide.
19:45, Today: teslas rolled 13 using 1d20+4. marine xbow vs. Baron.

The marine on the front deck takes another swing with his longsword at sahuagin #3.
19:46, Today: teslas rolled 19 using 2d8+6. crit damage 1h.
19:46, Today: teslas rolled 16 using 1d20+6. confirm.
19:46, Today: teslas rolled 26 using 1d20+6. marine lsword vs #3.

The enraged sahuagin, blinded by anger, leans into the blow at the same time, cutting its chest open as its organs covered in blue-green blood spill out onto the deck. The marine then moves over behind DAI, looking at him.

The marines on the aft stairwells move up a floor. One fires its crossbow at #6 while the other fires a hopeless shot at #9.
19:51, Today: teslas rolled 7 using 1d20+4. confirm.
19:51, Today: teslas rolled 5 using 1d20+4. unarmored marine vs. #6.

The first marine's finger gets caught in the firing mechanism as he panics slightly, cutting the end of it off. 1 point of Dexterity damage. 1 HP damage. The mechanism also appears to now be bent. He drops his now-useless crossbow.
19:54, Today: teslas rolled 10 using 1d10. damage.
19:54, Today: teslas rolled 5 using 1d20. confirm.
19:54, Today: teslas rolled 20 using 1d20. unarmored marine vs. #9.

The second marine's shot bounces off of the side of the mast, ricocheting straight into the sahuagin's ear depression. It yelps in extreme agony.

DUNN orders the marine with a bit of a missing finger to stand back. DUNN then also fires his crossbow at sahuagin #6.
19:56, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d10. damage.
19:56, Today: teslas rolled 24 using 1d20+6. DUNN xbow vs #6.

The sahuagin raider, feeling immune to crossbow bolts by this point, gets a nasty little reminder he may not be.

Sahuagin #8 takes a 5' step to the northeast and hurks a column of water at LOGG, which LOGG deftly evades.
19:59, Today: teslas rolled 11 using 1d20+6. #8 RTA vs. LOGG.

Sahuagin #6 takes a 5' to the southwest and attacks one of the marines that just shot at him with teeth and trident.
20:01, Today: teslas rolled 3 using 1d4+1. bite damage.
20:01, Today: teslas rolled 10 using 1d8+4. trident damage.
20:01, Today: teslas rolled 25 using 1d20+6. bite vs marine.
20:01, Today: teslas rolled 24 using 1d20+8. #6 trident vs marine.


Sahuagin #9, wanting to finish off the now gravely-injured man, takes a 5' step to the NE and does the same.
20:04, Today: teslas rolled 2 using 1d4+1. bite damage.
20:04, Today: teslas rolled 19 using 1d20+6. #9 bite vs. marine.
20:04, Today: teslas rolled 6 using 1d8+4. trident damage.
20:04, Today: teslas rolled 23 using 1d20+8. #9 trident vs. marine.

The marine can't dodge either blow, but his breastplate absorbs part of the trident impact and stops the sahuagin's teeth entirely.

The Baron screams something out in a language none of you know Knowledge (Local) before it takes a massive bite at the sahuagin in front of it.
20:08, Today: teslas rolled 12 using 1d20+9. Baron bite vs. #4.
The much-smaller sahuagin hisses as it dodges the attack, but keeps its eyes fixed on VIL. The Baron then swings its trident at #4.
20:09, Today: teslas rolled 5 using 1d6. drain.
20:09, Today: teslas rolled 13 using 1d8+7. trident 1 damage.
20:09, Today: teslas rolled 15 using 1d20+10. Baron trident 1st vs. #4.

As the Baron plants the trident in, the sahuagin drops. What might have looked to have only been a maiming blow kills it as more of the Baron's injuries go away. He then takes a 5' step toward VIL on the stairwell and continues his assault.
20:12, Today: teslas rolled 5 using 1d6. drain.
20:12, Today: teslas rolled 14 using 1d8+7. trident 2 damage.
20:11, Today: teslas rolled 21 using 1d20+5. Trident 2 vs. VIL.

With this second blow, all of the Baron's injuries are gone. He continues with the same move that cut the marine in half, applying the two shortswords in his lower hands to VIL simultaneously.
20:14, Today: teslas rolled 6 using 1d6. electricity damage.
20:14, Today: teslas rolled 5 using 1d6+3. elect ss damage.
20:14, Today: teslas rolled 15 using 1d20+11. large shortsword vs. VIL.
20:14, Today: teslas rolled 24 using 1d20+10. elect shortsword vs. VIL.

VIL knocks one of them away with his buckler as the other crashes into his rib cage. He is now on the verge of collapse.

Round 5:
22: S. Raiders
21: sailors
17: JACK
17: VIL
15: DAI          - Unconscious/Prone
13: marines
13: DUNN
13: Sahag R.G.
12: Sahag Baron  - -1 AC from Dia ending on ZEIG's turn, round 7
10: ZEIG
10: LOGG         - Perfect Dodge ending at beginning of turn, round 8
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince

☼ is now the symbol for an open door. Closed is still #

G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
  ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI
 1    |            |            _
 2   |.|          |.|          |.|            |
 3  |...|        |.ss|        |...|          |.|            |
 4 |.....|      |--#--|      |.....|        |.s.|          |.|
 5 |..o..|      |....A|      |#---☼|       |---#-|        |...|
 6 |....m|      |.....|      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
 7 |..X.D|      |..X..|      |..X..|       |..X..|        |s..|
 8 |%---%|      |%☼-☼V|      |%...%|       |%...%|        |..s|
 9              ...oBBP      cm...mc       |.....|        |s..|
10              ....BB1      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
11              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
12              ..[=]      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
13              ...X...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
14              ..Lo8..      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
15              ....96.      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
16              ....Jm.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
17 |m-X-m|      |%#XZ%|      |%.X.%|       |%☼X☼%|        |-☼-|
18 |..HmU|      |.....|      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
19 |..sG.|      |.....|      |--#--|       |.....|        |...|
20 |.....|      |--#--|      |.ss..|        |...|          ---
21  |..s|        |.s.|        |...|          ---
22   ---          ---          ---

ZEIG
 player, 1219 posts
 White Mage
Sun 26 Jun 2011
at 07:20
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Zeig hustles 15' up/left and then 10' up (up from Logg, beside the mast, D13) and attempts to keep Vil on his feet.  The light washes over Vil but instead of fading as usual it leaves behind a gleam that coats Vil from head to toe.  Cure - Dark Ward

03:16, Today: ZEIG rolled 7 using 1d8+6. Cure - Vil.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:20, Sun 26 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2018 posts
Sun 26 Jun 2011
at 14:55
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Round 5:
22: S. Raiders
21: sailors
17: JACK
17: VIL
15: DAI          - Unconscious/Prone
13: marines
13: DUNN
13: Sahag R.G.
12: Sahag Baron  - -1 AC from Dia ending on ZEIG's turn, round 7
10: ZEIG
10: LOGG         - Perfect Dodge ending at beginning of turn, round 8
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince

G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
  ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI
 1    |            |            _
 2   |.|          |.|          |.|            |
 3  |...|        |.ss|        |...|          |.|            |
 4 |.....|      |--#--|      |.....|        |.s.|          |.|
 5 |..o..|      |....A|      |#---☼|       |---#-|        |...|
 6 |....m|      |.....|      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
 7 |..X.D|      |..X..|      |..X..|       |..X..|        |s..|
 8 |%---%|      |%☼-☼V|      |%...%|       |%...%|        |..s|
 9              ...oBBP      cm...mc       |.....|        |s..|
10              ....BB1      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
11              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
12              ..[=]      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
13              ..ZX...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
14              ..Lo8..      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
15              ....96.      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
16              ....Jm.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
17 |m-X-m|      |%#X☼%|      |%.X.%|       |%☼X☼%|        |-☼-|
18 |..HmU|      |.....|      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
19 |..sG.|      |.....|      |--#--|       |.....|        |...|
20 |.....|      |--#--|      |.ss..|        |...|          ---
21  |..s|        |.s.|        |...|          ---
22   ---          ---          ---

LOGG
 player, 154 posts
Sun 26 Jun 2011
at 19:57
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
14:55, Today: LOGG rolled 9 using 1d20+5. balance check for deck hole.

LOGG balances on the deck hole before before moving diagonally past Sahuagin 8 past it to flank Sahuagin 6 and attack

14:55, Today: LOGG rolled 24 using 1d20+10. attack roll on #6.
14:56, Today: LOGG rolled 2 using 1d4. damage roll on #6.
14:57, Today: LOGG rolled 8 using 3d6. SA damage on #6.

teslas
 GM, 2021 posts
Mon 27 Jun 2011
at 13:30
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Sahuagins #8 and #9 see LOGG run by them but are unable to do anything about it. LOGG actually leaps off of #8's trident haft to get by #9's. He then gives #6 a nasty little hole inside of its thigh, nicking a minor artery.

The Prince, still not quite at full life, casts the same spell on VIL, though it appears to have no effect. The Prince hisses in its own language. Knowledge (Local)
08:25, Today: teslas rolled 27 using 1d20+12. Prince Concentration Def. Cast.

Sahuagin #1 reloads its bamboo shoot with another dart and takes a 5' step to the SW.

Another wild crossbow bolt comes flying down from the crow's nest bouncing off of the deck harmlessly, a good 10 feet away from anything or anyone.
08:34, Today: teslas rolled -1 using 1d20-4. sailor crossbow vs. #1.

Round 6:
22: S. Raiders
21: sailors
17: JACK
17: VIL
15: DAI          - Unconscious/Prone
13: marines
13: DUNN
13: Sahag R.G.
12: Sahag Baron  - -1 AC from Dia ending on ZEIG's turn, round 7
10: ZEIG
10: LOGG         - Perfect Dodge ending at beginning of turn, round 8
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince

G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
  ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI
 1    |            |            _
 2   |.|          |.|          |.|            |
 3  |...|        |.ss|        |...|          |.|            |
 4 |.....|      |--#--|      |.....|        |.s.|          |.|
 5 |..o..|      |....A|      |#---☼|       |---#-|        |...|
 6 |....m|      |.....|      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
 7 |..X.D|      |..X..|      |..X..|       |..X..|        |s..|
 8 |%---%|      |%☼-☼V|      |%...%|       |%...%|        |..s|
 9              ...oBBP      cm...mc       |.....|        |s..|
10              ....BB.      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
11              ..[=]1.      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
12              ..[=]      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
13              ..ZX...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
14              ...o8L.      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
15              ....96.      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
16              ....Jm.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
17 |m-X-m|      |%#X☼%|      |%.X.%|       |%☼X☼%|        |-☼-|
18 |..HmU|      |.....|      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
19 |..sG.|      |.....|      |--#--|       |.....|        |...|
20 |.....|      |--#--|      |.ss..|        |...|          ---
21  |..s|        |.s.|        |...|          ---
22   ---          ---          ---

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:34, Mon 27 June 2011.

JACK
 player, 1051 posts
Mon 27 Jun 2011
at 15:34
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack shifts 1 square to the left, activates hundred fists and goes to work beating the shit out of Sahuagin 9.

11:33, Today: JACK rolled 10 using 1d8+4 with rolls of 6. Damage 4.
11:33, Today: JACK rolled 8 using 1d8+4 with rolls of 4. Damage 3.
11:33, Today: JACK rolled 5 using 1d8+4 with rolls of 1. Damage 2.
11:33, Today: JACK rolled 8 using 1d8+4 with rolls of 4. Damage 1.
11:33, Today: JACK rolled 25 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 17. Attack 4 (S9).
11:32, Today: JACK rolled 17 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 9. Attack 3 (S9).
11:32, Today: JACK rolled 15 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 7. Attack 2 (S9).
11:32, Today: JACK rolled 13 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 5. Attack 1 (S9).

teslas
 GM, 2022 posts
Mon 27 Jun 2011
at 17:46
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The final attack of JACK's windmill-esque approach to combat lands against the creature's backside. It screams wildly and drops its trident.

VIL attempts to cast, but is so distracted by his near-disembowelment that he fumbles the process, losing the spell.
12:43, Today: teslas rolled 11 using 1d20+10. VIL DC 16 Concentration.
He then holds his position, unable to move without the Baron and Prince potentially striking him down.

DAI continues to drool on himself. The difficult terrain near sahuagin #1 fades away.

The armored marine near the helm, the unarmored marine on the SW stairwell, and the marine in the crow's nest reload their crossbows.

The injured armored marine near JACK, LOGG, and the three sahuagins takes a 5' step back onto the stairwell and readies himself against attacks. (Total Defense)

The marine whose crossbow broke, injuring him, moves out of the way as DUNN had instructed, draws his longsword, and remains vigilant for any assault on the helmsman.

One of the unarmored marines from the cannon deck runs up onto the fore half-castle, leans over the banister a bit, and fires at the Baron, but misses.

The other moves onto the stairwell but cannot proceed any further. He looks in horror at the very-mangled walking remains of VIL.

DUNN reloads his crossbow and advances on top of the stairwell, replacing the marine that moved.

Sahuagin #6 steps toward the injured marine and winds its trident into his torso, dropping him unconscious onto the stairwell.
12:58, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 1d8+4. damage.
12:58, Today: teslas rolled 20 using 1d20+8. #6 trident vs. marine.

It then leans down and bites him, but its teeth can't pierce the man's breastplate.
13:01, Today: teslas rolled 2 using 1d4+1. bite damage.
13:01, Today: teslas rolled 22 using 1d20+4. attack roll vs. AC 7.


#8, noticing ZEIG's magic, simply walks away from LOGG who he has begun to lose interest in trying to attack, provoking an attack of opportunity from LOGG. As it moves away, LOGG attempts to stab it, but his little arms only produce an embarrassing, harmless motion. The sahuagin then attempts to plant its trident into ZEIG's face, but astonishingly, ZEIG bumbles out of the way.
13:06, Today: teslas rolled 11 using 1d20+8. #8 trident vs. ZEIG.

#9's mouth froths as it attempts to tear JACK apart with its bare... talons.
13:08, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 1d20+6. Bite vs. JACK.
13:07, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20+8. Talon vs. JACK.
13:07, Today: teslas rolled 16 using 1d20+8. Talon vs. JACK.

JACK nimbly and calmly bats away all of its attacks.

The Baron lets out a mighty chortle as it attempts to cut VIL in half with its shortswords again.
13:11, Today: teslas rolled 7 using 1d8+4. large ss damage.
13:11, Today: teslas rolled 6 using 1d6. electricity damage.
13:10, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d6+3. e. ss damage.
13:10, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20+10. Baron large SS vs. VIL.
13:10, Today: teslas rolled 22 using 1d20+10. Baron electric SS vs. VIL.

VIL remains standing after the assault. The Baron's laugh becomes an odd scream as its maw opens and comes down onto VIL, encasing his head and shoulders.
13:12, Today: teslas rolled 6 using 1d6+2. bite damage.
13:12, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20+9. Bite attack.

A muffled sound of crunching bone is heard inside of its mouth. When it releases him, VIL flops downward onto the stairwell. Now chortling heavily again, it drives its trident down into his neck. VIL, while still barely breathing after the first strike, stops after the second. His spine in his neck is severed.
13:17, Today: teslas rolled 10 using 1d8+7. trident damage.
13:15, Today: teslas rolled 10 using 1d8+7. trident damage.

The Baron then takes a 5' step toward ZEIG, holding his trident out, pointed at him. He then spurts out a phrase in broken common, "White Magic. Next."

Round 6:
22: S. Raiders
21: sailors
17: JACK
17: VIL
15: DAI          - Unconscious/Prone
13: marines
13: DUNN
13: Sahag R.G.
12: Sahag Baron  - -1 AC from Dia ending on ZEIG's turn, round 7
10: ZEIG
10: LOGG         - Perfect Dodge ending at beginning of turn, round 8
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince

G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
  ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI
 1    |            |            _
 2   |.|          |.|          |.|            |
 3  |...|        |.ss|        |...|          |.|            |
 4 |.....|      |--#--|      |.....|        |.s.|          |.|
 5 |..o..|      |....A|      |#---☼|       |---#-|        |...|
 6 |....m|      |.....|      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
 7 |.mX.D|      |..X..|      |..X..|       |..X..|        |s..|
 8 |%---%|      |%☼-☼%|      |%...m|       |%...%|        |..s|
 9              ...o..P      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
10              ...BB..      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
11              ..[BB1.      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
12              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
13              ..ZX...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
14              ..8o.L.      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
15              ....9..      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
16              ...J.6.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
17 |m-X-U|      |%#X☼m|      |%.X.%|       |%☼X☼%|        |-☼-|
18 |..Hm.|      |.....|      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
19 |..sGm|      |.....|      |--#--|       |.....|        |...|
20 |.....|      |--#--|      |.ss..|        |...|          ---
21  |..s|        |.s.|        |...|          ---
22   ---          ---          ---

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:25, Mon 27 June 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1224 posts
 White Mage
Mon 27 Jun 2011
at 20:14
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Zeig blinks back a tear at seeing Vil so utterly overwhelmed and feeling the sensation of his life slip away (the ring), but he quickly turns to rage and fear as the monster turns towards him.  He quickly flicks his wand of Heal back towards Jack and the others (especially the marine) and dives down the nearby hole.

16:09, Today: ZEIG rolled 7 using 1d8+2. Heal - Jack/Marine/Logg.
16:12, Today: ZEIG rolled 11 using 1d20-1. Jump.

He then runs as close as he can to the stairs Southwest.

I believe that is C-16 on the cannon deck, but I might have done the jump check wrong.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:17, Mon 27 June 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2024 posts
Tue 28 Jun 2011
at 13:37
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
After ZEIG's wand heals JACK completely and wakes the injured marine, he moves to jump into the deck hole to safety. The Baron reaches out a giant scaled hand and snatches him as he does so, yanking him all the way back into its square.
08:34, Today: teslas rolled 32 using 1d20+16. Baron grapple check.
08:34, Today: teslas rolled 26 using 1d20+9. Baron touch attack vs. ZEIG.

ZEIG has no weapons readied so there's no AoO for him to take against the grapple.

Round 6:
22: S. Raiders
21: sailors
17: JACK
17: VIL
15: DAI          - Unconscious/Prone
13: marines
13: DUNN
13: Sahag R.G.
12: Sahag Baron  - Grappling ZEIG / -1 AC (Dia) ending on ZEIG's turn, round 7
10: ZEIG         - Grappling Baron (in Baron's square)
10: LOGG         - Perfect Dodge ending at beginning of turn, round 8
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince

G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
  ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI
 1    |            |            _
 2   |.|          |.|          |.|            |
 3  |...|        |.ss|        |...|          |.|            |
 4 |.....|      |--#--|      |.....|        |.s.|          |.|
 5 |..o..|      |....A|      |#---☼|       |---#-|        |...|
 6 |....m|      |.....|      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
 7 |.mX.D|      |..X..|      |..X..|       |..X..|        |s..|
 8 |%---%|      |%☼-☼%|      |%...m|       |%...%|        |..s|
 9              ...o..P      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
10              ...BB..      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
11              ..[BB1.      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
12              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
13              ...X...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
14              ..8o.L.      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
15              ....9..      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
16              ...J.6.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
17 |m-X-U|      |%#X☼m|      |%.X.%|       |%☼X☼%|        |-☼-|
18 |..Hm.|      |.....|      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
19 |..sGm|      |.....|      |--#--|       |.....|        |...|
20 |.....|      |--#--|      |.ss..|        |...|          ---
21  |..s|        |.s.|        |...|          ---
22   ---          ---          ---

LOGG
 player, 155 posts
Tue 28 Jun 2011
at 17:21
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG attacks Sahuagin #9, trying to end this before things get even more out of hand.

12:18, Today: LOGG rolled 13 using 1d20+10. attack roll (flanking #9).
12:19, Today: LOGG rolled 4,6 using 1d4,3d6. damage/sneak attack damage. If I managed to hit somehow

teslas
 GM, 2025 posts
Wed 29 Jun 2011
at 15:04
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The Prince turns now to ZEIG, who is in the clutches of the Baron, and attempts to replenish his own life by taking ZEIG's.
09:50, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 1d6+6. damage.
09:49, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 22 using 1d20+4. DC 16 Fortitude.


Sahuagin #1 takes the trident from the sling on its back and then puts it into ZEIG's body.
09:53, Today: teslas rolled 10 using 1d8+2. damage.
09:53, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20+6. #1 vs. ZEIG.


An elf with a long, flowing cape simply appears next to DAI, muttering something under his breath. He then leans down casts a spell while touching DAI, whose eyes open. Spellcraft. Pretty much just you, ZEIG The elf is wearing what looks to be the most finely crafted golden chainmail any of you have ever seen. He has a distinctly elven bow in his hand. The marine next to DAI and the elf looks surprised, to say the least.


Round 7:
22: S. Raiders
21: sailors
19: Elf
17: JACK
15: DAI          - Prone
13: marines
13: DUNN
13: Sahag R.G.
12: Sahag Baron  - Grappling ZEIG / -1 AC (Dia) ending on ZEIG's turn, round 7
10: ZEIG         - Grappling Baron (in Baron's square(s))
10: LOGG         - Perfect Dodge ending at beginning of turn, round 8
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince

E = Elf
G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
  ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI
 1    |            |            _
 2   |.|          |.|          |.|            |
 3  |...|        |.ss|        |...|          |.|            |
 4 |.....|      |--#--|      |.....|        |.s.|          |.|
 5 |..o..|      |....A|      |#---☼|       |---#-|        |...|
 6 |...Em|      |.....|      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
 7 |.mX.D|      |..X..|      |..X..|       |..X..|        |s..|
 8 |%---%|      |%☼-☼%|      |%...m|       |%...%|        |..s|
 9              ...o..P      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
10              ...BB..      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
11              ..[BB1.      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
12              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
13              ...X...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
14              ..8o.L.      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
15              ....9..      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
16              ...J.6.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
17 |m-X-U|      |%#X☼m|      |%.X.%|       |%☼X☼%|        |-☼-|
18 |..Hm.|      |.....|      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
19 |..sGm|      |.....|      |--#--|       |.....|        |...|
20 |.....|      |--#--|      |.ss..|        |...|          ---
21  |..s|        |.s.|        |...|          ---
22   ---          ---          ---

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:04, Wed 29 June 2011.

JACK
 player, 1052 posts
Wed 29 Jun 2011
at 16:56
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack moves Up-left 2 squares (15 ft.), up 3 squares (20 ft. counting tumble), up-right 1 square and punches the Baron. Glad he loses Dex to AC :).

12:54, Today: JACK rolled 8 using 1d8+4 with rolls of 4. Damage 4.
12:54, Today: JACK rolled 8 using 1d8+4 with rolls of 4. Damage 3.
12:54, Today: JACK rolled 6 using 1d8+4 with rolls of 2. Damage 2.
12:54, Today: JACK rolled 9 using 1d8+4 with rolls of 5. Damage 1.
12:54, Today: JACK rolled 23 using 1d20+6 with rolls of 17. Attack 4 (Baron).
12:53, Today: JACK rolled 11 using 1d20+6 with rolls of 5. Attack 3 (Baron).
12:53, Today: JACK rolled 25 using 1d20+6 with rolls of 19. Baron.
12:53, Today: JACK rolled 18 using 1d20+6 with rolls of 12. Attack 1 (Baron).
12:52, Today: JACK rolled 14 using 1d20+11 with rolls of 3. Tumble (S8).

DAI
 player, 1139 posts
Wed 29 Jun 2011
at 17:03
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI rubs his eyes as he gets up, looking at the..elf? That was now standing by him, he wanted to ask questions but, knew there was more important matters right now. DAI looked over the ship...VIL was down, no...dead...DAI couldn't help but feel his heart sink for a moment, before using this as fuel to end these scaly fiends as quickly as possible!

After a moment's thought, DAI takes a 5ft step down(south), and firing a blast of stone at the Prince from right above him.

10:01, Today: DAI rolled 28 using 2d12+7. Stone damage(PBS) prince.
10:01, Today: DAI rolled 20 using 1d20+5. Stone(RTA)(PBS) prince.
Rough terrain to his left and down-left.


DAI then readies himself for another dart, he didn't like falling asleep in the middle of a battle.(will use elemental armor(lightning) if attacked with ranged attacks that can be deflected)
ZEIG
 player, 1228 posts
 White Mage
Wed 29 Jun 2011
at 17:12
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
13:11, Today: ZEIG rolled 18 using 1d20+12. Spellcraft - DI - Ranger Rick. Phenomenal.
teslas
 GM, 2027 posts
Thu 30 Jun 2011
at 01:48
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Sahuagin #9 attempts to keep of piece of JACK for itself as he moves away but can't snag him.
20:33, Today: teslas rolled 16 using 1d20+8. #9 AoO vs. JACK.
#8 attempts to catch him in the leg with its trident and again misses him.
20:35, Today: teslas rolled 16 using 1d20+8. #8 AoO vs. JACK.

The first, second, and fourth strikes from JACK's assault land on the Baron's massive body.

DAI's stones crash into the prince, severely injuring him.

The armored marine next to the helm fires his crossbow at sahuagin #9 but it doesn't penetrate the thing's thick hide.
20:42, Today: teslas rolled 12 using 1d20+4. marine vs. #9.

The armored marine lying prone on the stairwell readies himself to attempt to evade more attacks to end his life. (Total Defense)

A crossbow bolt comes flying down from the crow's nest and embeds itself into the Prince.
20:44, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 1d10. damage.
20:44, Today: teslas rolled 21 using 1d20+4. marine vs. Prince.


The marine on the front of the ship descends to the stairwell underneath DAI and places the sharp end of his longsword into the Prince's abdomen.
20:46, Today: teslas rolled 11 using 1d8+3. damage.
20:46, Today: teslas rolled 21 using 1d20+6. marine vs. Prince.

It falls down onto the deck boards.

The marine on the southwest stairwell descends and steps out to fire at sahuagin #6.
20:49, Today: teslas rolled 2 using 1d10. damage.
20:48, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20. marine vs. #6.

The crossbow bolt sticks through the outer side of one of the sahuagin's arms but doesn't appear to phase it at all.

The marine on the cannon deck holds his ground waiting for the stairwell to clear, and the marine on the NW of the ship reloads his crossbow.

DUNN unsheathes his longsword and cuts at the sahuagin beneath him.
20:54, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 1d8+3. damage.
20:53, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20+8. forgot higher ground.
20:53, Today: teslas rolled 27 using 1d20+7. DUNN vs. sahag #6.

It screams in fury, dropping its weapon.

Sahuagin #6 attempts to murder the cowering marine before him.
20:57, Today: teslas rolled 6 using 1d4+2. bite damage.
20:57, Today: teslas rolled 7 using 1d4+4. talon damage.
20:56, Today: teslas rolled 17 using 1d20+6. bite vs marine.
20:56, Today: teslas rolled 12 using 1d20+8. talon vs marine.
20:56, Today: teslas rolled 19 using 1d20+8. talon vs marine.

While not accomplishing its goal instantly, if left unattended for long the re-unconscious marine's bleeding would kill him.

Sahuagin #8 charges ZEIG who is in the clutches of the Baron.
21:01, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 1d8+4. trident damage.
21:00, Today: teslas rolled 19 using 1d20+10. Sahuagin charge vs. ZEIG.


Sahuagin #9 turns to LOGG, who stands his ground, making the sahuagin look like it's attempting to strike him through molasses.
20:59, Today: teslas rolled 12 using 1d20.
20:59, Today: teslas rolled 13 using 1d20.
20:59, Today: teslas rolled 3 using 1d20. go go nat 20's vs. LOGG.


The Baron releases his grip on ZEIG, who chose not to resist the action. Gripping its trident in one hand now it lets out a defiant scream and begins another powerful assault. It's trident comes at ZEIG twice.
21:06, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d6. drain.
21:06, Today: teslas rolled 8 using 1d8+5. damage.
21:06, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 1d20+5. trident vs. ZEIG 2.
21:05, Today: teslas rolled 16 using 1d20+10. trident vs. ZEIG.

The first strike hits him in the pelvis, while the second misses due to the Baron overextending himself slightly. It then slashes at him with its empty talon.
21:09, Today: teslas rolled 8 using 1d6+4. damage.
21:08, Today: teslas rolled 17 using 1d20+9. talon vs. ZEIG.

ZEIG's limp and unconscious body begins to fall to the deck, but Baron lets out another disgusting shriek of a cry as his giant maw envelops ZEIG's head and shoulders.
21:10, Today: teslas rolled 5 using 1d6+2. bite damage.
21:10, Today: teslas rolled 19 using 1d20+9. bite vs. ZEIG.

Sounds reminiscent of only seconds ago can be heard as the muffled crunch of cracking bones comes from inside the Baron's mouth. It releases ZEIG and launches its shortswords at JACK, the larger of which collides with his body.
21:12, Today: teslas rolled 8 using 1d8+4. damage.
21:12, Today: teslas rolled 29 using 1d20+11. large SS vs. JACK.
21:12, Today: teslas rolled 14 using 1d20+10. electric ss vs. JACK.

Apparently pleased with itself, looking at ZEIG and JACK, "You. Next. Thick and no hair human."

ZEIG's wounds are leaking his lifeblood onto the deck of the ship.
21:14, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 37 using 1d100. stabilization.

Round 7:
22: S. Raiders
21: sailors
19: Elf
17: JACK
15: DAI
13: marines
13: DUNN
13: Sahag R.G.
12: Sahag Baron
10: ZEIG         - KO / Prone
10: LOGG         - Perfect Dodge ending at beginning of turn, round 8
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince - KO / Prone

E = Elf
G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
  ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI
 1    |            |            _
 2   |.|          |.|          |.|            |
 3  |...|        |.ss|        |...|          |.|            |
 4 |.....|      |--#--|      |.....|        |.s.|          |.|
 5 |..o..|      |....A|      |#---☼|       |---#-|        |...|
 6 |...E.|      |.....|      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
 7 |.mX..|      |..X..|      |..X..|       |..X..|        |s..|
 8 |%---D|      |%☼-☼m|      |%...m|       |%...%|        |..s|
 9              ...o..P      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
10              ..JBB..      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
11              ..ZBB1.      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
12              ..8=]..      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
13              ...X...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
14              ...o.L.      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
15              ....9..      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
16              .m...6.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
17 |%-X-U|      |%#X☼m|      |%.X.%|       |%☼X☼%|        |-☼-|
18 |..Hm.|      |.....|      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
19 |..sGm|      |.....|      |--#--|       |.....|        |...|
20 |.....|      |--#--|      |.ss..|        |...|          ---
21  |..s|        |.s.|        |...|          ---
22   ---          ---          ---

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:22, Fri 01 July 2011.

LOGG
 player, 156 posts
Fri 1 Jul 2011
at 03:47
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG steps towards Sahuagin 6, stabbing at him. 5ft step

22:46, Today: LOGG rolled 21 using 1d20+10. attacking Sahuagin 6 (flanking).
22:47, Today: LOGG rolled 4,7 using 1d4,3d6. damage/sneak attack damage.

teslas
 GM, 2029 posts
Fri 1 Jul 2011
at 04:16
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG steps up and puts his tiny sword knuckle-deep into the side of the raging sahuagin.

The prince, like ZEIG, bleeds out onto the deck of the ship.

Sahuagin #1 turns and hisses at DAI, then launches another dart at him. DAI, learning from the last experience, nigh-instinctively focuses electrical energy around him, deflecting the blow. The sahuagin then casts his bamboo shoot down and grips his trident with both hands and walks over and stands on top of ZEIG's body. JACK does not get an AoO because the Baron's body (it being Large accentuates this) provides soft cover for him as he moves from JACK's threatened square to the next.

The elf, not having a clear shot to anything else, takes a 5' step closer to the railing and fires three arrows at the Baron. And just so you guys don't wonder, no, he doesn't have 11 BaB or higher, just the Rapid Shot feat.
23:04, Today: teslas rolled 12 using 1d12. wind arrow.
23:04, Today: teslas rolled 5 using 1d6. lightning.
23:04, Today: teslas rolled 14 using 1d8+6. physical.
23:04, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d12. wind arrows.
23:04, Today: teslas rolled 1 using 1d6. lightning.
23:04, Today: teslas rolled 10 using 1d8+6. physical damage.
23:03, Today: teslas rolled 16 using 1d20+11. same.
23:03, Today: teslas rolled 19 using 1d20+16. same.
23:02, Today: teslas rolled 35 using 1d20+16. Elf longbow vs. baron.

Two of the arrows find their mark. They crackle as they leave the bow and burst into small gusts of wind as they pierce the Baron.

JACK told me what to do via text.
JACK continues to attempt to punch the Baron to death.
23:13, Today: teslas, on behalf of JACK, rolled 7 using 1d8+4. damage.
23:11, Today: teslas, on behalf of JACK, rolled 12 using 1d20+6. confirm.
23:11, Today: teslas, on behalf of JACK, rolled 7 using 1d20+6.
23:11, Today: teslas, on behalf of JACK, rolled 25 using 1d20+6.
23:11, Today: teslas, on behalf of JACK, rolled 8 using 1d20+6.
23:11, Today: teslas, on behalf of JACK, rolled 18 using 1d20+6. vs. baron.

The first strike lands but is stopped completely by its thick hide. JACK is thrown off-balance by this and simply misses his second strike. The third connects in a soft area, but the fourth is thrown incorrectly. JACK's wrist is twisted fairly badly and he suffers one point of non-lethal damage.

Round 8:
22: S. Raiders
21: sailors
19: Elf
17: JACK
15: DAI
13: marines
13: DUNN
13: Sahag R.G.
12: Sahag Baron
10: ZEIG         - KO / Prone
10: LOGG         - Perfect Dodge ending at beginning of turn, round 8
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince - KO / Prone

E = Elf
G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
  ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI
 1    |            |            _
 2   |.|          |.|          |.|            |
 3  |...|        |.ss|        |...|          |.|            |
 4 |.....|      |--#--|      |.....|        |.s.|          |.|
 5 |..o..|      |....A|      |#---☼|       |---#-|        |...|
 6 |...E.|      |.....|      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
 7 |.mX..|      |..X..|      |..X..|       |..X..|        |s..|
 8 |%---D|      |%☼-☼m|      |%...m|       |%...%|        |..s|
 9              ...o.P      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
10              ..JBB.      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
11              ..1BB..      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
12              ..8=]..      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
13              ...X...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
14              ...o...      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
15              ....9L.      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
16              .m...6.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
17 |%-X-U|      |%#X☼m|      |%.X.%|       |%☼X☼%|        |-☼-|
18 |..Hm.|      |.....|      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
19 |..sGm|      |.....|      |--#--|       |.....|        |...|
20 |.....|      |--#--|      |.ss..|        |...|          ---
21  |..s|        |.s.|        |...|          ---
22   ---          ---          ---

DAI
 player, 1141 posts
Fri 1 Jul 2011
at 05:21
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI tries hard to fight the rage...ZEIG didn't deserve this, VIL didn't deserve this...DAI quickly fires off a shot of stone, hoping to end the larger Sahuagin.

22:19, Today: DAI rolled 24 using 1d20+5. confirm failure.
22:19, Today: DAI rolled 6 using 1d20+5. stone(RTA)(PBS) baron.


After this embarassing shot...DAI loosens his quiver of electric arrows, setting them down in the spot behind him...in case the archer Elf thought they might help.

OOC: *eye twitch*
teslas
 GM, 2030 posts
Fri 1 Jul 2011
at 05:58
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI's accuracy, after a string of combined luck and skill, falters after watching a second friend of his become mauled.

The dying armored marine adds to the blood on the deck. The marine near the helm reloads his crossbow as does the unarmored marine near the SW stairwell.

The armored marine at the NE stairwell takes a 5' step closer to the Baron and attempts to cut him but his blade bounces off of its thick hide.
00:31, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20+6. marine vs. Baron.
He yells and warns the marine just beneath him on the cannon deck to not go up the stairs.

The marine whose crossbow malfunctioned runs by DUNN and stands on top of his fallen ally and attempts to shield him. Sahuagin #6 claws at him as he approaches down the stairwell, but nearly slams its hand down on his sword blade.
00:34, Today: teslas rolled 20 using 1d20+8. confirm.
00:34, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 1d20+8. #9 AoO vs. Marine.

He then attacks it, but misses in a bit of a panic.
00:40, Today: teslas rolled 10 using 1d20+8. marine vs. #6 flank.

DUNN clips a little more flesh off of sahuagin #6.
00:38, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d8+3. damage.
00:38, Today: teslas rolled 17 using 1d20+10. DUNN vs. #6 flank+higher ground.

He yells at the selfless yet fool-hardy man beneath him, "Get back!"

Sahuagin #6 lays into the new marine in front of him, ripping him to shreds.
00:42, Today: teslas rolled 3 using 1d4+2. bite damage.
00:42, Today: teslas rolled 7 using 1d4+4. talon damage.
00:42, Today: teslas rolled 5 using 1d4+4. talon damage.
00:42, Today: teslas rolled 21 using 1d20+6. bite.
00:41, Today: teslas rolled 23 using 1d20+8.
00:41, Today: teslas rolled 22 using 1d20+8. #6 vs. unarmored marine.

The marine falls on top of the other, forming a pile.

The SE stairwell on that deck is now counted as difficult terrain due to the bodies clogging the already somewhat confined space.

Sahuagin #8 makes its way behind JACK and drives its trident into his back.
00:45, Today: teslas rolled 11 using 1d8+4. damage.
00:45, Today: teslas rolled 23 using 1d20+10. #8 vs. JACK flank.


Sahuagin #9 continues to attempt to shred LOGG, and manages to finally tear a massive chunk, for a halfling, out of his arm.
00:47, Today: teslas rolled 10 using 1d20. bite.
00:47, Today: teslas rolled 6 using 1d20. another one!.
00:47, Today: teslas rolled 8 using 1d4+4. wooo! talon damage.
00:47, Today: teslas rolled 20 using 1d20. #9 hoping for a nat 20.


The Baron, now very badly injured, roars as it concentrates everything it has at JACK.
00:52, Today: teslas rolled 12 using 1d8+4. large ss damage.
00:52, Today: teslas rolled 6 using 1d6. lightning damage.
00:52, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d6+3. e. ss damage.
00:51, Today: teslas rolled 2 using 1d6. drain.
00:51, Today: teslas rolled 7 using 1d8+5. trident 1 damage.
00:51, Today: teslas rolled 20 using 1d20+13. large SS.
00:50, Today: teslas rolled 22 using 1d20+12. electric SS.
00:50, Today: teslas rolled 16 using 1d20+11. bite.
00:50, Today: teslas rolled 13 using 1d20+11. talon .
00:50, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20+7. trident 2.
00:50, Today: teslas rolled 21 using 1d20+12. trident 1 vs. JACK.

Despite the huge array of strikes, JACK looks fairly healthy. The Baron then takes a 5' step to the SE.

Round 8:
22: S. Raiders
21: sailors
19: Elf
17: JACK
15: DAI
13: marines
13: DUNN
13: Sahag R.G.
12: Sahag Baron
10: ZEIG         - KO / Prone
10: LOGG
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince - KO / Prone

E = Elf
G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
  ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI
 1    |            |            _
 2   |.|          |.|          |.|            |
 3  |...|        |.ss|        |...|          |.|            |
 4 |.....|      |--#--|      |.....|        |.s.|          |.|
 5 |..o..|      |....A|      |#---☼|       |---#-|        |...|
 6 |...E.|      |.....|      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
 7 |.mX..|      |..X..|      |..X..|       |..X..|        |s..|
 8 |%---D|      |%☼-☼%|      |%...m|       |%...%|        |..s|
 9              ...omP      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
10              .8J...      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
11              ..1=BB..      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
12              ..[=BB.      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
13              ...X...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
14              ...o...      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
15              ....9L.      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
16              .m...6.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
17 |%-X-U|      |%#X☼m|      |%.X.%|       |%☼X☼%|        |-☼-|
18 |..Hm.|      |.....|      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
19 |..sG.|      |.....|      |--#--|       |.....|        |...|
20 |.....|      |--#--|      |.ss..|        |...|          ---
21  |..s|        |.s.|        |...|          ---
22   ---          ---          ---

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:59, Fri 01 July 2011.

LOGG
 player, 157 posts
Fri 1 Jul 2011
at 06:04
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG attacks Sahuagin 6 again, trying to finish it off as quickly as possible.

01:02, Today: LOGG rolled 25 using 1d20+10. attacking Sahuagin 6 (flanking).
01:04, Today: LOGG rolled 2,11 using 1d4,3d6. damage/sneak attack damage.

teslas
 GM, 2031 posts
Fri 1 Jul 2011
at 06:18
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The hole in the side of sahuagin #6 from LOGG's last strike is still present, and LOGG thrusts his shortsword back into it twisting vigorously. The sahuagin squeals a slight bit before falling over.

Sahuagin #1 takes a step to the NE in an effort to shield the Baron, then bites him after missing with its trident.
01:09, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d4+1. bite damage.
01:08, Today: teslas rolled 22 using 1d20+6. #1 bite vs. JACK flank.
01:08, Today: teslas rolled 17 using 1d20+8. #1 trident vs. JACK flank.


Another errant crossbow bolt comes flying down from the crow's nest. It misses all the sahuagins, and luckily, all of the crew.
01:10, Today: teslas rolled 7 using 1d20-4.

The elf launches a volley of arrows at sahuagin #8, slaying it outright.
01:16, Today: teslas rolled 8 using 1d12. wind arrow.
01:16, Today: teslas rolled 2 using 1d6. lightning.
01:15, Today: teslas rolled 7 using 1d8+6. physical.
01:15, Today: teslas rolled 19 using 1d20+11. elf vs. #8.
01:14, Today: teslas rolled 3 using 1d12. wind arrow.
01:14, Today: teslas rolled 2 using 1d6. lightning.
01:14, Today: teslas rolled 12 using 1d8+6. physical.
01:14, Today: teslas rolled 32 using 1d20+16. elf vs. #8.
01:14, Today: teslas rolled 35 using 1d20+16. confirm.
01:14, Today: teslas rolled 17 using 1d20+16. elf vs. #8.


Round 9:
22: S. Raider
21: sailors
19: Elf
17: JACK
15: DAI
13: marines
13: DUNN
13: Sahag R.G.
12: Sahag Baron
10: ZEIG         - KO / Prone
10: LOGG
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince - KO / Prone

E = Elf
G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
  ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI
 1    |            |            _
 2   |.|          |.|          |.|            |
 3  |...|        |.ss|        |...|          |.|            |
 4 |.....|      |--#--|      |.....|        |.s.|          |.|
 5 |..o..|      |....A|      |#---☼|       |---#-|        |...|
 6 |.....|      |.....|      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
 7 |.mXE.|      |..X..|      |..X..|       |..X..|        |s..|
 8 |%---D|      |%☼-☼%|      |%...m|       |%...%|        |..s|
 9              ...omP      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
10              ..J1..      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
11              ..Z=BB.      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
12              ..[=BB.      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
13              ...X...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
14              ...o...      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
15              ....9L.      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
16              .m...6.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
17 |%-X-U|      |%#X☼m|      |%.X.%|       |%☼X☼%|        |-☼-|
18 |..Hm.|      |.....|      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
19 |..sG.|      |.....|      |--#--|       |.....|        |...|
20 |.....|      |--#--|      |.ss..|        |...|          ---
21  |..s|        |.s.|        |...|          ---
22   ---          ---          ---

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:19, Fri 01 July 2011.

JACK
 player, 1053 posts
Fri 1 Jul 2011
at 14:11
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack flips himself over the sahuagin in front of him, attacking the baron as soon as he lands.

10:11, Today: JACK rolled 8 using 1d8+4 with rolls of 4. Damage 2
10:11, Today: JACK rolled 10 using 1d8+4 with rolls of 6. Damage 1.
10:10, Today: JACK rolled 21 using 1d20+6 with rolls of 15. Attack 2.
10:10, Today: JACK rolled 15 using 1d20+6 with rolls of 9. Attack 1.
10:09, Today: JACK rolled 30 using 1d20+13 with rolls of 17. Tumble (S1).
11:25, Today: teslas, on behalf of JACK, rolled 24 using 1d20+13. Tumble vs. Baron (DC 17).


GM Edit-
JACK, you didn't roll a tumble check for the Baron, and you are inside of his threatened space. Given that there is no obvious tactical advantage in taking it and you don't need the movement, I'm going to assume you would attempt it and simply forgot it had 10' reach.

Also, obviously, you don't move through #1's square (because you didn't declare it in the dice roller) but you can easily move diagonal twice to get behind him. I understand if it's just a description for effect.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:27, Fri 01 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2033 posts
Fri 1 Jul 2011
at 16:29
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The second of JACK's flip-punches hits the side of the Baron's head and does noticeable harm.

DAI's turn.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:29, Fri 01 July 2011.

DAI
 player, 1144 posts
Fri 1 Jul 2011
at 16:38
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI looked at JACK's nimble flips, before firing off a blast of magical stones aiming for Sahuagin 1, hoping JACK would have one less nuissance to worry about.

09:38, Today: DAI rolled 14 using 2d12+7. stone(PBS) damage, sahuagin 1.
09:37, Today: DAI rolled 18 using 1d20+5. Stone(RTA)(PBS) Sahuagin 1.
Difficult terrain to the left, and below it.

teslas
 GM, 2034 posts
Fri 1 Jul 2011
at 17:07
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI's stones slam into the sahuagin which shrieks and drops its trident, bearing its teeth at JACK.

The marine near the helm lets a bolt out at the Baron, but it doesn't pierce its skin. Another bolt flies down from the crow's nest, but meets much the same problem.
11:44, Today: teslas rolled 16 using 1d20. marine xbow vs. Baron.
11:46, Today: teslas rolled 13 using 1d20. marine xbow vs. Baron.


The armored marine that cut down the Prince plants his sword deeper into the Prince's body.
11:47, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20+6. marine longsword vs. baron.Oops, JACK was there.
11:53, Today: teslas rolled 8 using 1d8+3. damage.

It very nearly dies.

The unarmored marine's attempt with his crossbow near the SW staircase doesn't fare any better, nor does the marine's standing on top of the fore half-castle.
11:48, Today: teslas rolled 6 using 1d20. xbow vs. Baron.
11:49, Today: teslas rolled 14 using 1d20. marine xbow vs. Baron.


The marine on the cannon deck runs up the stairs and completely misses the huge thing, nearly firing directly at JACK.
11:50, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20. confirm.
11:50, Today: teslas rolled 1 using 1d20. same.


DUNN approaches sahuagin #9 and swings his longsword.
11:56, Today: teslas rolled 7 using 1d8+3. damage.
11:55, Today: teslas rolled 24 using 1d20+7. DUNN lsword vs. #6. (meant #9)


Sahuagin #9 turns to meet the last person that injured it, slashing him horribly.
11:59, Today: teslas rolled 6 using 1d4+2. bite damage.
11:59, Today: teslas rolled 6 using 1d4+4. talon 2.
11:59, Today: teslas rolled 6 using 1d4+4. talon damage.
11:59, Today: teslas rolled 25 using 1d20+6. bite vs. DUNN.
11:59, Today: teslas rolled 13 using 1d20+8. talon 2 vs. DUNN.
11:59, Today: teslas rolled 15 using 1d20+8. talon 1 vs. DUNN.


The Baron, still wincing expecting its own life to end instead of the rocks hitting Sahuagin #1, laughs wildly before diving overboard back into the ocean, not to be seen again. Withdraw action.

Round 9:
22: S. Raider
21: sailors
19: Elf
17: JACK
15: DAI
13: marines
13: DUNN
13: Sahag R.G.
10: ZEIG         - KO / Prone
10: LOGG
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince - KO / Prone

E = Elf
G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
  ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI
 1    |            |            _
 2   |.|          |.|          |.|            |
 3  |...|        |.ss|        |...|          |.|            |
 4 |.....|      |--#--|      |.....|        |.s.|          |.|
 5 |..o..|      |....A|      |#---☼|       |---#-|        |...|
 6 |.....|      |.....|      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
 7 |.mXE.|      |..X..|      |..X..|       |..X..|        |s..|
 8 |%---D|      |%☼-☼m|      |%...%|       |%...%|        |..s|
 9              ...omP      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
10              ..1J.      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
11              ..Z]..      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
12              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
13              ...X...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
14              ...o...      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
15              ....9L.      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
16              .m..U6.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
17 |%-X-%|      |%#X☼m|      |%.X.%|       |%☼X☼%|        |-☼-|
18 |..Hm.|      |.....|      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
19 |..sG.|      |.....|      |--#--|       |.....|        |...|
20 |.....|      |--#--|      |.ss..|        |...|          ---
21  |..s|        |.s.|        |...|          ---
22   ---          ---          ---

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:13, Fri 01 July 2011.

LOGG
 player, 159 posts
Fri 1 Jul 2011
at 17:58
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG moves up and to the left then attempts to stab Sahuagin 9.

OOC: was informed I had a flanking opportunity, somehow missed Dunn being there, I'll leave my original rolls if you don't want me changing my action.


New Rolls: 13:50, Today: LOGG rolled 20 using 1d20+10. attack roll (flanking #9).
13:50, Today: LOGG rolled 3,12 using 1d4,3d6. damage/sneak attack damage.


Original rolls: 12:56, Today: LOGG rolled 16 using 1d20+8. attack roll (Sahuagin 9).
12:57, Today: LOGG rolled 3 using 1d4. damage roll (if hit).

This message was last edited by the player at 18:51, Fri 01 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2038 posts
Sat 2 Jul 2011
at 16:27
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DUNN yells out, "Anyone have medical training? Get our White Mage up!" while cutting the head off of sahuagin #9 between him and LOGG.

#6's labored breathing stops. It gurgles for a few seconds before the blue-green blood erupting from its wounds stops flowing.

The elf leaps up over the banister and onto the deck and strides over to ZEIG while stowing his bow, taking a knee. He then removes some bandages from underneath his cloak. Sahuagin #1 takes a swipe at him as he passes, but the elf seems just as adept at evading attacks as LOGG, despite being twice the size.
11:25, Today: teslas rolled 23 using 1d20+6. #1 AoO vs. Elf.

Round 10:
22: S. Raider
21: sailors
19: Elf
17: JACK
15: DAI
13: marines
13: DUNN
10: ZEIG         - KO / Prone
10: LOGG
 7: GERY
 4: Sahag Prince - KO / Prone

E = Elf
G = GERY
s = sailor or petty officer
U = DUNN
m = marine

P = Sahuagin Prince
B = Sahuagin Baron
1,2,3,4 = Sahag Raiders
6,7,8,9 = Sahag Royal Guard


Top Decks:  Upper Deck:  Cannon Deck:  Cargo Deck:      Hold:
  ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI    ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI     ABCDEFGHI
 1    |            |            _
 2   |.|          |.|          |.|            |
 3  |...|        |.ss|        |...|          |.|            |
 4 |.....|      |--#--|      |.....|        |.s.|          |.|
 5 |..o..|      |....A|      |#---☼|       |---#-|        |...|
 6 |.....|      |.....|      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
 7 |.mX..|      |..X..|      |..X..|       |..X..|        |s..|
 8 |%---D|      |%☼-☼m|      |%...%|       |%...%|        |..s|
 9              ...omP      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
10              .E1J.      c.....c       |.....|        |s.s|
11              ..Z]..      c.[=].c       |.....|        |...|
12              ..[=]..      c.[=].c       |..o..|        |s^.|
13              ...X...      |.oXo.|       |..X..|        |..s|
14              ...oL..      c.....c       |..o..|        |.^.|
15              .......      c.....c       |.....|        |s..|
16              .m..U6.      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
17 |%-X-%|      |%#X☼m|      |%.X.%|       |%☼X☼%|        |-☼-|
18 |..Hm.|      |.....|      c.....c       |.....|        |...|
19 |..sG.|      |.....|      |--#--|       |.....|        |...|
20 |.....|      |--#--|      |.ss..|        |...|          ---
21  |..s|        |.s.|        |...|          ---
22   ---          ---          ---

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:29, Sat 02 July 2011.

JACK
 player, 1054 posts
Sun 3 Jul 2011
at 02:17
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack takes a 5 ft. step to the right, attacking the Prince.

22:15, Today: JACK rolled 10 using 1d8+4 with rolls of 6. Damage 2.
22:15, Today: JACK rolled 11 using 1d8+4 with rolls of 7. Damage 1.
22:15, Today: JACK rolled 20 using 1d20+6 with rolls of 14. Attack 2.
22:15, Today: JACK rolled 25 using 1d20+6 with rolls of 19. Attack 1.

DAI
 player, 1148 posts
Sun 3 Jul 2011
at 03:30
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI goes down to the main deck, then steps out onto the rough terrain he had made earlier, before firing a blast of wind at Sahuagin #1

20:30, Today: DAI rolled 22 using 2d10+7. aero(PBS) if hit.
20:29, Today: DAI rolled 11 using 1d20+5. Aero(RTA)(PBS) Sahuagin 1.
Reflex DC 15 to avoid 10ft knockback

teslas
 GM, 2039 posts
Sun 3 Jul 2011
at 20:22
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
JACK ends the Prince's life, and DAI knocks sahuagin #1 across the deck 10' away from him, unconscious. At the same time DUNN puts his sword into #6, ending its existence as well.

LOGG, your turn. Again, we're preserving initiative for a reason. There's lots of dying folk.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:22, Sun 03 July 2011.

LOGG
 player, 160 posts
Sun 3 Jul 2011
at 20:58
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG 5ft steps over to Sahuagin 1 and plunges his dagger deep into what he thinks would be where it's heart is.

15:58, Today: LOGG rolled 4,13 using 1d4,3d6. damage/sneak attack damag coup de grace.
teslas
 GM, 2041 posts
Sun 3 Jul 2011
at 21:56
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The sahuagin dies. The elf applies the bandages to ZEIG, which glow slightly. His eyes open.

JACK/DAI, it's your turn. There are no living sahaugin left. There are still two marines unconcious on the SE stairwell, one of which is bleeding heavily. ZEIG/LOGG, feel free to act afterward.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:56, Sun 03 July 2011.

DAI
 player, 1152 posts
Mon 4 Jul 2011
at 00:53
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI will rush over to the marine next to Sahuagin 6, pulling out one of his 2 cure potions in preperation to apply it(as I cannot do so right now).
JACK
 player, 1055 posts
Mon 4 Jul 2011
at 02:53
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack helps with the wounded, as best he can.
LOGG
 player, 161 posts
Mon 4 Jul 2011
at 02:56
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG will assist with helping the wounded as best he can.

That is what I shall be doing on my turn.
ZEIG
 player, 1232 posts
 White Mage
Mon 4 Jul 2011
at 03:04
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
23:02, Today: ZEIG rolled 13 using 1d8+6. come on baby, Cure -> Zeig.

Zeig comes to and bathes himself in light, wincing under the stress.  1 point of damage.

I'm up and running now, feel free to cure people as needed.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:08, Mon 04 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2042 posts
Mon 4 Jul 2011
at 11:34
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Alright, you guys managed to not bork that up, good. Combat is over.

DAI uses his potion he had at the ready on the more injured marine, stopping the bleeding completely. It looks as if he'll wake up tomorrow.

ZEIG casts Cure on the stable marine. He wakes up and is able to walk.

After a few more moments making sure there aren't more sahuagin climbing up the sides of the boat, the situation calms down.

There are several dead sahuagin on board including the body of the Prince.

One marine lays dead, cut in half. VIL's body lies mangled and crumpled near the NE staircase. There is an unconscious sailor in the captain's cabin, though if the poison is anything like what DAI or the first sailor experienced he should be fine within 36 hours.

The elf remains silent as he makes his way from sahuagin to sahuagin making sure they are dead.

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:34, Mon 04 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2043 posts
Mon 4 Jul 2011
at 11:50
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Everyone gains 583 EXP for defeating the encounter.



VIL will not collect EXP for this encounter, and as such he has not been included in the experience point tallies. If you're curious about this it will become clear soon enough.

GERY, DUNN, and the 8 remaining marines all gain 700 EXP.

edit-
Response time EXP added.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:18, Mon 04 July 2011.

DAI
 player, 1154 posts
Mon 4 Jul 2011
at 15:55
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI begins searching the sahuagin, starting with the prince(taking 20, total 24). after all wounded have been taken care of, of course.

EDIT: Don't wanna seem like a jerk >.>

This message was last edited by the player at 15:56, Mon 04 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2046 posts
Mon 4 Jul 2011
at 17:55
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI begins the twenty minute process of combing through the dead sahuagin's bodies.

You find eight tridents, four of which seem to have some sort of decorative pearl or coral inlays. You find five sets of leather armor, one on each of the slightly larger sahuagin and one set on the prince, though it'd have to be modified quite a bit for humans to wear it.

The prince also has a scroll bundled up in its belt. When you unfurl it, it appears to be made out of some kind of rubbery leather and on it is tattooed a magical spell: Water. The staff he dropped to the deck is when he died is very ornate.

On the body of the prince you find a small sack of gemstones, and three of sahuagin with the more ornate tridents had a few tiny gemstones on them.

Pssst. LOGG, help him.
LOGG
 player, 162 posts
Mon 4 Jul 2011
at 18:02
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG looks over the dead bodies, rummaging though them as if he was simply doing some cleaning "Hmm, what treasures will I find~"

I, too, am taking a 20 on search

13:05, Today: LOGG rolled 4 using 1d100. treasure hunter.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:06, Mon 04 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2047 posts
Mon 4 Jul 2011
at 18:10
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG, you find a tiny earring pinned into the fronds of the prince's ear that DAI seemed to overlook. It looks pretty similar to yours.

The elf, upon seeing DAI and LOGG a couple minutes into their work, walks over to one of the royal guards. With a bit of an accent, "They swallow them sometimes, if you're willing to get more of this blue filth on your deck." He gashes its neck open, where there appears to be a slight bulge. A few fish skulls and a few more gemstones come oozing out.
LOGG
 player, 163 posts
Mon 4 Jul 2011
at 18:13
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Hey, I found another earring! These things sure do have a lot of shiny things. Oh well, more for us, right?" the halfling had this huge smile on his face as he went around looking for more baubles and trinkets.
ZEIG
 player, 1233 posts
 White Mage
Mon 4 Jul 2011
at 19:33
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Zeig walks over to the elf warily.

"I have to thank you sir, for caring for my friend and myself."  Zeig gives a respectful bow.  "I feel that I must inquire as to how you have come to be on this ship, however."

Just so we're clear, I was unconscious when he went all Rambo on enemies.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:33, Mon 04 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2048 posts
Mon 4 Jul 2011
at 19:43
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The elf gives a shallow and courteous bow in return as ZEIG does.

"My apologies for stowing away on your vessel. I came aboard the same way you have, up the ramp while docked in Cornelia.

I am Arnir, royal agent to the Elfheim crown. My business aboard is rather simple: To return home.
"


DUNN, who is a bit under the weather, and two of his marines are tending to his fallen ally's remains. Two more marines are covering VIL in a sheet. The injured marines make their way back down to their bunks in the hold.

Sailors are checking the rest of the ship for signs of hull breaches or further attack in pairs.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:45, Mon 04 July 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1234 posts
 White Mage
Mon 4 Jul 2011
at 19:59
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"I am Zeig.  I'm glad to have you, although I must attend to my crew.  You'll understand if we have some questions for you later."

Zeig quickly takes to the recovery of the men on the ship.

15:54, Today: ZEIG rolled 9 using 1d8+6. Cure -> Jack. (27/40)
15:54, Today: ZEIG rolled 13 using 1d8+6. Cure -> Jack. (26/40)
15:55, Today: ZEIG rolled 8 using 1d8+6. Cure -> Zeig. (25/40)
15:55, Today: ZEIG rolled 8 using 1d8+6. Cure -> Zeig. (24/40)
15:56, Today: ZEIG rolled 14 using 1d8+6. Cure -> Zeig. (23/40)
15:55, Today: ZEIG rolled 14 using 1d8+6. Cure -> Dunn. (22/40)


Go ahead and add in a Basuna for Dai. (21/40).  Also, I'll heal up any marines/sailors that are under 50% HP (more for morale than anything else).
teslas
 GM, 2049 posts
Mon 4 Jul 2011
at 20:05
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
ZEIG casts Basuna on DAI, but he feels no differently. ZEIG casts Cure on one of the more injured marines. He looks almost completely restored.

The unconscious sailor that JACK drug to safety is placed in one of the empty bunks in the officer's quarters.
DAI
 player, 1155 posts
Mon 4 Jul 2011
at 20:34
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI bundles all of the loot into a pile, then casts detect magic on it. While ZEIG and the Elf are talking DAI speaks over his shoulder.

"Yeah...thanks for fixing ZEIG and I."
teslas
 GM, 2051 posts
Mon 4 Jul 2011
at 21:19
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI detects that the Prince's staff, earring, and armor are magically imbued.
DAI
 player, 1156 posts
Mon 4 Jul 2011
at 21:23
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI nods, taking those to his room to be identified later. When he comes back he gets to work on slitting sahuagin throats to find the extra gems the Elf notified them on.

"So...how did you get to Cornelia? We...don't usually get visitors."
teslas
 GM, 2052 posts
Mon 4 Jul 2011
at 21:36
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"It may not be common knowledge, but our nations do maintain a means of communication, though it is now only but a fraction as effective as it once was. Your king summoned a dignitary from Elfheim for a reason interesting enough to comply, so I was sent. Most of the distance I flew, and more than I would have preferred I swam."
ZEIG
 player, 1235 posts
 White Mage
Mon 4 Jul 2011
at 22:04
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Zeig wanders nearby and perks up at the mention of the elven dignitary.

"The wind is lost...Melmond...what of Fire, Arnir?  It would seem we have more in common than meets the eye, and that perhaps we have much to discuss."
teslas
 GM, 2053 posts
Mon 4 Jul 2011
at 22:09
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Yes, the king said that the four of you," he glances at VIL's body covered in a sheet, "were being sponsored of sorts." His expression is basically emotionless apart from a hint of disappointment.
teslas
 GM, 2057 posts
Tue 5 Jul 2011
at 06:07
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LOGG and DAI get to work cutitng open sahuagin necks. All in all they find plenty putrid chunks of things that even 10 ranks in Knowledge (nature) couldn't identify, and another varied assortment of gems.

Between what the Prince was carrying and what was found on the royal guards, and then the few the smaller sahuagin had, there is a nice small sack full. They vary greatly in quality, cut, and size.

First person to roll this gets to determine it.

4x Emeralds: 1d100+2d20 each
7x Rubies  : 1d100+1d10 each
4x Topaz   : 1d100 each
11x varius colors of saphires : 3d20 each
28x various gemstones that have not even been cleared from the aggregate that is attached to them, let alone cut in any way: 1d20-1 each.

Since none of you craft anything and material components don't really exist for the spells you cast, feel free to roll each class of gem in one lump, IE: For rubies roll 7d100+7d10 for the value. Then just add all the values together for what the "Sack 'o Gems" is worth as a whole.

If you guys don't want to roll this, and trust my dice roller to benefit you, then I'll roll them >:D

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:08, Tue 05 July 2011.

DAI
 player, 1158 posts
Tue 5 Jul 2011
at 06:23
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
23:23, Today: DAI rolled 280 using 28d20-28. uncut gems.
23:22, Today: DAI rolled 333 using 33d20.
23:22, Today: DAI rolled 171 using 4d100 with rolls of 42,80,28,21. 4Xtopaz.
23:21, Today: DAI rolled 475,38 using 7d100,7d10 with rolls of 67,7,89,54,82,77,99,7,7,2,7,1,6,8. 7Xrubies.
23:21, Today: DAI rolled 182,86 using 4d100,8d20 with rolls of 24,30,80,48,15,14,16,11,10,7,12,1. 4Xemeralds.

GM Edit-
Your bag of gems contains 1,565gp of worth (sells for half of that).

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:21, Tue 05 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2060 posts
Tue 5 Jul 2011
at 17:24
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Arnir looks back at ZEIG, "Well, we're fairly close now. She's a fast ship for her size. I'll remain on deck and visible if you don't mind."

I'll wait until everyone logs on again before continuing.
JACK
 player, 1058 posts
Wed 6 Jul 2011
at 01:56
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack nods You're welcome to.
ZEIG
 player, 1236 posts
 White Mage
Wed 6 Jul 2011
at 03:41
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
After Zeig finishes with tending to the wounded and getting things back on track he searches out Arnir.

"Arnir, as the royal dignitary sent from Elfheim, I'd like to ask your opinion on the state of affairs regarding the great issue we are faced with.  If you wouldn't mind joining us in the captain's quarters."

Assuming he's compliant:

Zeig would round up the gang (the PCs, Dunn, and Gery likely) before heading in for some conversation.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:50, Wed 06 July 2011.

LOGG
 player, 170 posts
Wed 6 Jul 2011
at 03:48
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
When asked, LOGG will head to the captain's quarters "Well, trips been quite fun so far, look at all the gems we've managed to collect!"
DAI
 player, 1159 posts
Wed 6 Jul 2011
at 03:49
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI seemed a little reluctant to delay his identification...but would comply with ZEIG's request.
teslas
 GM, 2061 posts
Wed 6 Jul 2011
at 03:53
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Arnir looks at ZEIG for a moment and then nods, proceeding into the captain's cabin.
ZEIG
 player, 1238 posts
 White Mage
Wed 6 Jul 2011
at 19:33
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
After everyone is situated Zeig breaks the ice.

"Arnir, it seems you know the reasons behind our travels.  I'd like to hear what you have to say on the matter.  First off, you already know me as Zeig."


Zeig runs his fingers idly over the orb of water hanging from his neck and motions towards the others so that they may introduce themselves.

Afterwards:


"The night you delegates had audience with the king is the very night that the princess was kidnapped and taken by force from the castle.  We set out the next morning to pursue her and eventually found our way to the Temple of Fiends."


At this time Zeig whips out his depiction of the mural and several pages of notes concerning the mythology surrounding it.  He describes the mural, referencing his notes whenever possible, and describes the room Garland was holding the princess in.  The eight elemental orbs rather than four, backed by this mural, and the circumstances surrounding Garland's disappearance are described in detail.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:23, Thu 07 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2062 posts
Thu 7 Jul 2011
at 02:22
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
In patient elf fashion, Arnir says nothing as ZEIG talks. He seems rather unaffected by the entire situation until ZEIG shows him his drawings of the murals. He flips the few pages over intently. "The Temple of Fiends still stands, then. Interesting. Most Lufeinian structures that old and that close to a settlement--especially goblin and human ones--are rarely in such good shape."

He hands ZEIG's sketchbook back to him. Sense Motive.

"As to what I know about your travels..." Arnir takes a short pause, "Your king is a superstitious man that holds to traditions he doesn't comprehend from dozens upon dozens of your generations ago. He sent you on an errand that reflects this. Currently, you're on your way to Elfheim to talk to our king."

He looks at everyone in the room for a moment. "My thoughts on the matter?" He looks down at the floor and then back up, "You'll probably fail." He pauses, looking everyone over again, "But, it doesn't do any harm helping you along, and you're hardly capable of causing much trouble for our nation." His expression loosens, "But then, it always starts out to be the young, brave, and ignorant ones in your stories of human heroes of greatness, doesn't it."

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:26, Thu 07 July 2011.

DAI
 player, 1163 posts
Thu 7 Jul 2011
at 02:29
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
19:29, Today: DAI rolled 8 using 1d20+2. sense motif.

GM Edit Skill Check Result-

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:40, Thu 07 July 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1242 posts
 White Mage
Thu 7 Jul 2011
at 02:44
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
22:44, Today: ZEIG rolled 15 using 1d20+4. sense motive.

GM Edit Skill Check Result-

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:46, Thu 07 July 2011.

JACK
 player, 1060 posts
Thu 7 Jul 2011
at 11:44
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
07:43, Today: JACK rolled 13 using 1d20 with rolls of 13. Sense Motive.

GM Edit Skill Check Result-

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:14, Thu 07 July 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1245 posts
 White Mage
Thu 7 Jul 2011
at 19:35
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"It is true, we are ignorant.  There is much that we have been left in the dark about, even from our own king.  We get cryptic musings from any source we come across.  While this hinders us, I believe this is a journey for the truth as much as it is to prevent catastrophe."

Zeig stands and walks over to one of the windows.  Or just moves around a bit if there aren't any.

"We may fail, but not for a lack of effort.  We certainly do not mean to cause trouble for your nation, if anything the opposite.  I think the scope of things could grow to affect the entire southern continents, if not more.  If we are to have any hope of stopping this or even gleaning any useful information, we must know what it is that we are facing.  What can you tell us, Arnir?"
teslas
 GM, 2066 posts
Thu 7 Jul 2011
at 20:08
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Arnir responds, "The world is a large place. Admittedly, and speaking loosely, I've only seen a third of the surface of it. I'll offer what little advice I can."

His tone becomes very dry, "Your king would have you travel to Melmond. You apparently need to find a way for this vessel to fly, build your own ship once you make it to the beach opposite of the Aldi's, or restore the pass. I'd guess the second option to be the most feasible."

He continues, "Once you're in Melmond? I know little of what desolation is affecting them, but I am not alone in my suspicions, especially in Elfheim, that they could very well have brought it upon themselves."

"And of your greater goal, to save this world? That's something about which only you will be able to advise a person--after you've done it. If the crystals were to begin to fade, we are all in need of [elven words]. Are you four humans, now only three, them?"

He looks each of you over another time, spending a slightly longer moment on LOGG, "You must forgive my hesitation in believing as such."
DAI
 player, 1165 posts
Thu 7 Jul 2011
at 20:18
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI spends his tiem leaning against the wall next to the door, as ZEIG and Arnir exchange words...the elf's continued voicing of disbelief in their status was beginning to annoy him. DAI cleared his throat before speaking in a tongue that sounded to be similar to the one Arnir had just used when speaking to them.

[Elven Words. ]

DAI then returns to his leaning posture, seeming disinterested with the discussion, but still listening.
teslas
 GM, 2067 posts
Thu 7 Jul 2011
at 20:27
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI speaks several sentences. Sense Motive #1 DC 20 to get a very, very rough sense of what DAI might have been trying to convey. Another Sense Motive #2 on Arnir.

Arnir listens before replying in Common, "I'll see to it that you're granted entry to Elfheim and an audience with our king. If the world needs saving, it would be foolish for us to expend effort in slowing you down." It is clear he is making an effort to be patient.
DAI
 player, 1166 posts
Thu 7 Jul 2011
at 20:29
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
13:28, Today: DAI rolled 4 using 1d20+2. Sense Motif, ye damn knife ear.

OOC: XD It's even lower this time!

GM Edit Skill Check Result-

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:39, Thu 07 July 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1246 posts
 White Mage
Thu 7 Jul 2011
at 20:38
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
16:38, Today: ZEIG rolled 14 using 1d20+4. sense motive #1.
16:38, Today: ZEIG rolled 8 using 1d20+4. sense motive #2.


GM Edit Skill Check Result-

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:42, Thu 07 July 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1248 posts
 White Mage
Thu 7 Jul 2011
at 22:20
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"We are also here on an affair of the crown.  Our reason for traveling to Elfheim beyond seeking information is to reclaim the royal Cornelian key as emissaries to the Cornelian throne."

Zeig pauses for a moment, distracted.

"You know of the Temple of Fiends, and you are not surprised by this mural.  In Cornelia religion is lost and few show reverence for the forces that bind and support our world.  What do you know of the Temple of Fiends, of the Lufenians and their tinkering, and of this mythos?"  Zeig points to the surprisingly awesome depiction of the mural in his notes.

GM color nazi edit-
NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:25, Thu 07 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2069 posts
Thu 7 Jul 2011
at 22:59
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"I see. The king does indeed know where to find your key, but no other does."

"What do I know of the Lufeinians, gods, and religion. You ask questions that scholars spend lifetimes discussing, but alright."

The following is paraphrased from what Arnir describes.

The Lufeinians were, and potentially still are, a race of people resembling humans. There are many theories describing why they had longer lives or seemed to be more magically apt than the humans of this day. It is agreed by most that they were descended from the first humans, and that their culture had existed and developed since the gods themselves first left the planet.

Their society was extremely well-developed. They were masters of magic and machine. The dwarves deep in their workshops and the most masterful elven wizards can, at best, only make sense of some of what remains of their craft.

Perhaps more so, they were masters of travel. Not only are there rumors they could use magic to instantly travel large distances at will, they had massive flying devices. Though their major settlements were on the northern continent, their influence spanned the world. They took special interest in the relics of the gods and of races and empires before theirs, which is where the Temple comes in.

Its purpose, as far as Arnir knows, is some sort of focal point of some kind. It was built there for a reason. It was apparently constructed on the ruins of some even older structure built by people other than the Lufeinians, but who and when is probably impossible to know now.

The eight crystals? Everyone knows, or should know, of the eight gifts of the gods. Four of which no longer reside on this plane with us, due to mortal foolishness. Of the four that remain, they are the lifeblood of the planet. If any one of them were to cease to be, the world would be irrevocably changed. If more than one were lost, the planet would not be recognizable. Indeed, the loss of two of the remaining crystals might pervert the world beyond habitation.

Arnir poses the question and suggestion that if the world operates now with only four of the elements manifested fully, what a possibly terrifyingly wonderful place it may have been in the early ages with all of them present.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:01, Thu 07 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2071 posts
Fri 8 Jul 2011
at 01:26
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
It is now very early Firesday morning, around 12:15am.
teslas
 GM, 2073 posts
Sat 9 Jul 2011
at 02:41
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The meeting in the captain's cabin ends after Arnir's explanation.

The mood is solemn as everyone returns to their schedules with the expectation of reaching the elven port around noon the next day. The next morning, everyone is awake and fairly well-rested as land comes into view.

As the ship nears the shoreline, everyone can make out a long string of ports and piers. There are quite a few elven ships docked, with two more in defensive positions. Arnir suggests flying the Cornelian flag. He removes a very ornate arrow from one of his quivers and holds it at the ready.

Arnir mentions, "One shot is normal. If we get a second then we turn around."

As if on cue, a distant cannon blast can be heard followed by a huge splash about 400 yards away from the MARY. Arnir draws his bow, and fires the arrow nearly directly upward. It ascends to a respectable height, then explodes in a vivid red that is quite visible even during the day. The color fades from red to orange and into yellow as it falls. It would be quite a sight at night.

"When we dock, please allow me to speak. I'll see that you four are given a room in one of our best establishments near the castle entrance. No offense intended, but it may be best that your crew and marines stay aboard." Arnir nods at GERY after saying this.

The MARY draws closer to the docks and is escorted in by three much smaller craft. They don't appear to have any cannon, but each has several, several elves on deck wearing black robes.

Mooring lines are thrown on-board as the ship approaches the docks. The sailors uneasily tie them on, though perhaps loosely than normal. Arnir stands on the side of the vessel and is nearly immediately recognized. Several minutes later a ramp is extended to the ship and eight mounted and armored elven are waiting in the road near the dock.

A man in long light green and blue robes walks out of a fortified cannon placement and makes his way to the side of the ship. He yells, in elven, "[Two Sentences]"

Arnir responds in Common, "Good to see you as well, and thank you. Please provide a safe harbor for this vessel and her crew. The four beside me are in command, and will accompany me to the city, and will remain ashore an indeterminate amount of time."

The elf on the docks returns, this time in Common, "Of course. Let us finish our shouting. Bring our visitors to register their fine craft before heading inland."

Arnir extends an arm toward the ramp with a slight bow to the four of you. The man that was yelling at the docks walks back into the sturdy structure holding several cannon.

Do you take the ship's key with you? Do you have any instructions for those left aboard? Are you taking anything with you, such as VIL's corpse? What of his possessions?

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:42, Sat 09 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2074 posts
Sat 9 Jul 2011
at 03:00
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Identify results:

As the night went on, DAI and ZEIG DAI one, and ZEIG two, but it doesn't really matter, identified these items.

Staff of the Deep. ???gp
+1/+1 Quarterstaff
-Once per week, it can be used to release the AoE verison of Water II as a Standard action. The staff must be held and pointed in the correct direction and a command word be given.
Caster Level 5th, DC 14
-A Use Magic Device check, DC 25, allows the user to only partially expend the staff's power allowing it to be used up to two extra times per week.
-When held underwater, the staff automatically emits a bright light, illuminating everything clearly within 30' of itself in nearly any condition of water. Shadowy illumination is shed out from 60 to 600 feet, depending on the water's clarity. This light never pierces the water's surface, and anyone looking down from above the surface is unable to perceive the light or its effects.


Earring of Extended Breath. ???gp
This earring allows you to resist the effects of suffocation for twice as long before Constitution checks are required.


Shark Leather Armor +2. (normal sale value, can't look it up currently. base + 150gp mwk + 4000gp from +2)
Fitted for a sahuagin. Requires 1/5th of the armor's brace price to be refitted for non-monstrous humanoid use.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:01, Sat 09 July 2011.

JACK
 player, 1061 posts
Sat 9 Jul 2011
at 03:37
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack looks at Gery, "Like he said, try to keep the men from clashing with the locals. Keep your guards up though." Jack sidles up to the elf guide. "Arnir, would anyone here be able to resurrect our companion?"

I might have a use for the quarterstaff, but not likely. None of the other items appeal (With my ridiculous Con and inability to wear armor), so you can decide amongst yourselves what goes where.
teslas
 GM, 2076 posts
Sat 9 Jul 2011
at 03:45
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Arnir responds as if he'd nearly forgotten about VIL's death, "Oh, yes. We have clinics just as Cornelia does. If you'd like to be taken to one before continuing to the castle it is no trouble."
DAI
 player, 1168 posts
Sat 9 Jul 2011
at 07:05
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI tapped JACK's shoulder,  while speaking low and referring to the deck where juts below were a coupld other wrapped bodies.

"What of the...sailors and marines? If nothing else, showing their lives are worth bringing back may be good for morale."

DAI did not much care one way or the other, and thought the expense may be greater then merely hiring new hands, but these men were friends and family to some of their remaining crew.
LOGG
 player, 175 posts
Sat 9 Jul 2011
at 19:43
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"I think we should have our fallen crew members resurrected, as well." the halfling chimes it.
DAI
 player, 1173 posts
Sat 9 Jul 2011
at 20:24
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI directst he crew to load the bodies onto a couple carts, put the identified magic items into the captain's quarters which, is to be locked. He then summons up 2 chocobo using his arcanist's gloves on both of them, then has the carts tied to them.

With these preperations made, he leaves them with the ship, saying it may be best for them to not stray for now....and that they will be back ASAP, DAI would vote for leaving the key in their posession, in case of emergency need for movement.
teslas
 GM, 2082 posts
Sat 9 Jul 2011
at 20:30
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI summons two chocobos on the docks. 14 hours.

GERY asks if they will need both carts, as one would easily carry both of the deceased men even if they were spaced over two feet apart.

One of the carts is assembled and hoisted onto the docks and one of the chocobos is attached.

Arnir, having looked impatient since after the last skirmish with the sahuagin, continues to do so, though he says nothing.
DAI
 player, 1174 posts
Sat 9 Jul 2011
at 20:38
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI has them tie a cart to one of the Chocobo then, then climbs atop the second, looking content with finally getting to ride one of his birds around like the stupid animal it is.

OOC: DAI has this thing about asserting his dominance over feathered creatures, you see...
teslas
 GM, 2083 posts
Sat 9 Jul 2011
at 20:59
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DUNN salutes as the four of you descend down the ramp. GERY is left in possession of the key, and your crew expects the return of the four, hopefully six, of you as soon as you have concluded your business in Elfheim.

If any of you would like to conceal any of this information for any reason, let me know and we can re-address this. I just couldn't see a reason why you might want to so I moved along.

Arnir escorts you into the fortified and heavily armed customs office. The elf that had previously spoken to you is standing inside with a large book on top of a tall desk.

He asks for the number of hands on board your vessel, to which one of you replies 32, possibly 34 after you return from a clinic.

He asks if you're carrying any known fugitives or criminals, whether it be from Cornelia, Elfheim, or otherwise. None of you are aware of a situation to the contrary, so one of you replies that you are not.

He asks about the purpose of your stay, for which he is given the response, "Diplomatic visit on behalf of the Cornelian crown."

He asks how long you will be staying in Elfhim, but this time Arnir steps forward. "As I said, An indeterminate amount of time will be sufficient." The elf at the table looks up, obviously bothered, and writes in his book while starring at Arnir.

"Alright. Welcome to Elfheim, Cornelians, and of course my good halfling you as well. We require that you return to this office before you depart." It is clear that the elf has no love for humans, to say the least, and whether or not he does not feel this way about LOGG, or at least dislikes him less, is not clear.

You're all shown back outside. Arnir mounts up on an extremely stately looking Blue chocobo that is brought to him. The armored and mounted elves that were waiting ashore surround the party, with Arnir at the front. "Let us be off, then. Do not let our escort put you off guard. It is common practice." Sense Motive. If you don't have at least a +1 bonus, do not attempt this. Knowledge(Local) could very much apply here, as well as in MANY other situations, though the DC's will not usually be trivial. The guards look forward the entire time and say nothing. They ride far enough away as to not make you feel like prisoners, but close enough to make you feel just slightly boxed in.

DAI's chocobo rides beside the chocobo pulling the cart. JACK, LOGG, and ZEIG walk beside the cart behind him. LOGG feels exceptionally short surrounded by tall humans and a tall cart directly next to him, with even taller chocobos lifting tall elves off of the ground in a ring past that.

The walk to Elfheim takes about three hours. Arnir is receptive to conversation, though you get the sense that the armored elves are not.

The road is paved with extremely smooth slabs. The cart easily proceeds down its length. Knowledge(Arch. & Eng.) and/or Knowledge(History) You all pass several caravans of various sizes. There is a troop of marching elven marines carrying packs with a cart full of supplies behind them. There are many carts containing lumber and various covered wagons whose contents are not apparent. The road is every bit as busy as the road to Cornelia's docks.

Pausing for a little while to give other people a chance to catch up and possibly say/do anything. ( And I have to cut the damn yard =/ )

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:02, Sat 09 July 2011.

DAI
 player, 1175 posts
Sat 9 Jul 2011
at 21:03
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
14:03, Today: DAI rolled 20 using 1d20+7. know(history).
14:03, Today: DAI rolled 13 using 1d20+2. sense motive.


GM Edit Skill Check Result-

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:22, Sat 09 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2085 posts
Sun 10 Jul 2011
at 01:18
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The party continues on southward toward the city. Feel free to roll any of these checks retroactively, or if you want to ask a simple question or the like of Arnir that's fine, too.

The road continues until it encounters a gigantic, tiled courtyard. There are patterns of trees lining the edges, with many types of wildlife around them. In the center lies what looks to be a rendition of a pond with many, many fish, turtles, and other creatures inside of it. Heading directly across the tall walls of Elfheim are visible. Sticking up above and behind them are what must be the tops of huge and ancient trees.

A giant forest spans off into the distance to either side of the walls. All in all, Elfheim looks, at least from this point of view, every bit as large as Cornelia. Elves with longbows can be seen patrolling along the top of the gatehouse and out onto the tops of the walls.

"I'm going to make a fairly safe assumption that this is probably the first time to Elfheim for most or all of you," says Arnir. "Our laws are similar to yours. Please don't cause any trouble, as you will likely be regarded as my guests." He pauses for a very short moment, "And of course you are. I believe you said you'd like to stop by a clinic for your two companions here, so onward we go."

A horn sounds as your convoy approaches the gates. Instead of the small openings currently only wide enough for one chocobo to pass through, the entire set of three heavy steel portcullises are raised halfway so that you may all enter in the same formation you've been holding since the docks. Even at half-open they are ten feet above your heads, more for LOGG. Surprisingly, the sound of machinery during this movement cannot be heard, nor can it once inside the city as they begin to close behind you.

The first impression you all might get from Elfheim is that its less dense than Cornelia. Almost every building has some sort of small to medium-sized yard about it or in front of it. There are trees, trees everywhere. They range from gigantic to simply very, very large. The buildings are a mixture of about 2/3 from stone and the rest from lumber. The style of the buildings is also noticeably different.

The main through-way into town leads directly to the castle it seems and much like in Cornelia, never tapers until it reaches it. Unlike Cornelia, there apparently is a full-fledged river running through the center of Elfheim, as several large bridges can be seen, including on this road.

Six of the guards break away at the gate, but Arnir and two others remain. He continues to be relatively silent unless spoken to. Many elves are walking about, and almost all of them give the group a careful, scrutinizing glare. Several frown.

After about a ten minute walk, you arrive at what Arnir indicates as the clinic. It is a larger building and the door is standing open. "I'll wait for you out here. Please return as soon as you have gotten the arrangements made, as I would like to arrive in the king's presence within the hour. Please tell them that I am outside if they'd wish to confirm anything, though I doubt it will be necessary."

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:22, Sun 10 July 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1250 posts
 White Mage
Sun 10 Jul 2011
at 03:43
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
23:42, Today: ZEIG rolled 20 using 1d20+9. know (history).
23:42, Today: ZEIG rolled 23 using 1d20+4. sense motive.


GM Edit Skill Check Result-

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:16, Sun 10 July 2011.

JACK
 player, 1063 posts
Sun 10 Jul 2011
at 14:55
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack nods, then walks into the clinic.
ZEIG
 player, 1253 posts
 White Mage
Sun 10 Jul 2011
at 17:15
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Zeig thanks Arnir and heads inside as well.
teslas
 GM, 2086 posts
Sun 10 Jul 2011
at 19:18
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The interior of the clinic looks exotic at first, until you realize all the same structures are present. There are several side rooms that can be seen through open doors along the edges of the large, circular central room. There are some of the same statues that are present in Cornelia's oldest clinic. The main feature of the building is a giant tree that is growing up from the center of the room and through the ceiling. Many thick branches split away from the mighty trunk and go through the walls. There is a large staircase that spirals up to what must be a second floor that uses these branches as support

After the group of you stands around for a slightly uncomfortable amount of time, an elf walks down the stairs. She stops when head descends low enough to see you. As she starts speaking, it's clear she is sort of uncomfortable with the language. "Hello. Ah-hm. May we help you?"

She doesn't move from her position after speaking, and soon after another man and woman join her on the stairwell, their attentions probably caught by the unfamiliar sound of Common echoing through their ancient structure.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:44, Sun 10 July 2011.

DAI
 player, 1176 posts
Sun 10 Jul 2011
at 22:03
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI addresses the Elf woman in her own tongue.

[Elven Words]

DAI seemed to dislike taking the initiative for speaking but...thought it might make things a little easier on them to hear it all in a language they knew well.
JACK
 player, 1064 posts
Mon 11 Jul 2011
at 00:31
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack stands back, surprised.
teslas
 GM, 2088 posts
Mon 11 Jul 2011
at 03:26
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
She responds in Elven, "[One Sentence]"

She and her companions begin to descend the stairs. The two women enter one of the side rooms while the man stays in the center part of the room before the tree. He looks as if he is waiting.
DAI
 player, 1177 posts
Mon 11 Jul 2011
at 03:27
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI nods, before turning toward the door, and asking JACK to help him bring VIL and the marine inside.
teslas
 GM, 2089 posts
Mon 11 Jul 2011
at 03:34
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
JACK, DAI, and ZEIG all carry one of the bodies into the clinic. The elf waiting inside directs them to the room with the two waiting female clinicians. One of the two responds, "[Three Sentences]Please bring the second into the room adjacent to this one. Our fee is 1,000gp per person to cover the cost of the ceremony. And of course, there is no guarantee on these sort of things, though human souls are generally willing and able to return to their bodies."

DAI translates the woman's words for JACK and ZEIG as the woman speaks. All three of you then bring in the other body.

After inspecting the marine's remains more closely, "Due to the damage, his process will take more time. It will be 2,500gp to attempt to bring them both back to us. We can begin immediately. And it is no trouble to speak in your Common for us, though it has been some time."

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:35, Mon 11 July 2011.

DAI
 player, 1178 posts
Mon 11 Jul 2011
at 03:40
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI looked somewhat uncomfortable.

"Got it...hope I didn't offend."


OOC: So, deduct from party funds?
ZEIG
 player, 1255 posts
 White Mage
Mon 11 Jul 2011
at 05:43
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
01:42, Today: ZEIG rolled 8 using 1d20+4. sense motive.
Whelp, never mind.

Zeig bows to the clinician.

"Thank you, you are too kind."

Trusting that his friends have been left in good hands, Zeig steps outside to where Arnir was waiting.

I vote party funds.
teslas
 GM, 2091 posts
Mon 11 Jul 2011
at 10:15
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The male clinician says with the first bit of emotion you've seen any elf shed, "To attempt to translate one of our sayings: We are sorry for your loss, and are hopeful to lessen it." He looks up from a short bow, "Please visit us again in a couple of hours."

The three of you return to Arnir outside and explain that you are finished at the clinic for now. He nods to you and the convoy proceeds to the castle by making its way back to the main road. The cart, now empty, is taken along with you.

The party passes over a large bridge across the river running through the city. It forms a make-shift moat when combined with what looks to be an artificial canal split from the river around the back-side of the castle. The castle, much like Cornelia, has walls nearly as thick as the city walls as well as a gate that is almost as massive.

Arnir dismounts and gives DAI a look that suggests he do so as well. "Please dismiss your birds, my good mage, as the stable-master despises conjured beasts mixing with his own. We will be able to return your cart to your vessel for you."

All of you proceed on foot through the gate. Unlike the surrounding city, it is rather surprising that the great majority of the architecture of Elfheim's castle is the same as Cornelia's. Now that you think about it, Cornelia palace's layout and design is a bit odd as compared to the rest of your home city. Growing up there, you possibly never had a chance to be away long enough to notice.

The guards from the palace entrance all the way to the interior patrols definitely seem to keep a very close eye on your group, but say nothing. Arnir's presence seems to be enough to qualify all of you to travel wherever you like. Eventually you make your way up a few staircases and down a long hall to a large, heavy wooden door. There are four guards in extremely ornate and glistening silver armor stationed outside.

"The king, for lack of a better word, has been waiting for you. We will be joining him in his private quarters," Arnir says.

He swings the large set of double-doors open at the end of a regal hallway you all occupy. A stately sitting room lies beyond and everyone makes their way inside. He walks calmly across it to another set of double doors, then opens those. Beyond them appears a bedroom with the outline of a humanoid frame beneath the fabric of a humongous bed.

"Our king awaits, Cornelians," says Arnir. He remains in the sitting room, motioning for you to proceed past him.
JACK
 player, 1065 posts
Mon 11 Jul 2011
at 13:58
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack proceeds as directed, giving Arnir a nod of thanks.
DAI
 player, 1179 posts
Mon 11 Jul 2011
at 15:44
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI would dismiss his chocobos, rather begurdgingly as he went to the trouble of using an item for them to last all day(mostly), but nothing could be done. As they arrived inside, DAI's curiosity of Arnir grew only more with the royal guards' reactions to him. Once they got to the sitting room, and Arnir told them to go on, DAI had to ask:

"Arnir...who are you to these people?"
teslas
 GM, 2093 posts
Mon 11 Jul 2011
at 19:56
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"I believe the answer you're looking for is Knight Captain of Elfheim, though I hold several titles and positions and further such time-wasting designations and appointments."

The four of you enter the king's bed-chambers and in everyone's quiet trepidation a wheezing sound is very clear. Arnir steps in behind you and closes the doors. He motions for you all to continue on toward the bed.

"This is our king," says Arnir. "He has been this way for close to five years, and it is not common knowledge to the people. I would very much appreciate it," Arnir's tone breaks into an uncharacteristic stern and serious one, "if it remained that way."

"Only he knows where your key is located, and as you can see, he is not capable of telling you currently, and I fear he may never be able to do so again."

Arnir trails off looking at the king.
JACK
 player, 1066 posts
Mon 11 Jul 2011
at 22:51
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"What's wrong with him? Should Zeig take a look at him?" Jack looks around at the others. "And why are you telling us?"
ZEIG
 player, 1256 posts
 White Mage
Tue 12 Jul 2011
at 00:34
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"I doubt that I can offer anything beyond what the royal clinicians have done but I will examine him if permitted."

If permitted:
20:31, Today: ZEIG rolled 20 using 1d20+11. Heal - DI.

Zeig examines the king closely, checking the various systems of the body over without being extensively intrusive.

He also wracks his brain for anything information that could help, be it a similar situation, rumors of a similar disease, prophecies, curses, etc.

13:15, Today: ZEIG rolled 4 using 1d20+3. Know (Planes).
13:15, Today: ZEIG rolled 25 using 1d20+9. Know (Religion).
13:14, Today: ZEIG rolled 25 using 1d20+9. know (History).
13:14, Today: ZEIG rolled 23 using 1d20+3. Know (Arcane).
20:09, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 19 using 1d20+12. Spellcraft + DI.


GM Edit Skill Check Result-

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:13, Wed 13 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2096 posts
Wed 13 Jul 2011
at 01:06
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Arnir responds in a dry tone, "Your White Mage is welcome to do a cursory assessment, but I doubt he is capable of anything better than our best in Elfheim working over the past years."

ZEIG moves forward and begins inspecting the king.

"To begin, I am telling you, of all people, because the king is the only person who knows about your key. I do not have any knowledge of where it might be and have only heard mention of it once before." Arnir walks around to the other side of the bed from ZEIG, keeping a close eye on him. "Secondly, you, of all people, might be the ones who are able to help. We do not want his condition known, and you four have a ship and are willing to risk travel over sea and land."

Arnir thinks for a moment. "If you wish to help our nation and retrieve your key, waking him seems to be the appropriate goal for you. It's the doing it that may be a challenge... and by challenge I mean you might be marching off into the world set on a purpose that will likely kill you."
ZEIG
 player, 1258 posts
 White Mage
Wed 13 Jul 2011
at 01:12
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"It would seem that we are up to our ears in dangerous tasks and perils.  If saving your king is part of our journey then we best get to it.  I trust that we can rely on your aid?"
teslas
 GM, 2097 posts
Wed 13 Jul 2011
at 01:16
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Arnir responds, "You have my personal promise that I will send you on with every hope of succeeding. Although, as I said, the king's condition is not to be known by anyone outside of the few that already do. Providing you with a battalion of troops, or a small armada of ships, or opening up the treasury and giving you a large sum of money is simply out of of the question. Suspicions would rise instantaneously. The people are already beginning to wonder why their king, even though supposedly gravely ill, has not been seen by any save his closest aides and healers. The fact that you are a Cornelian band is both a blessing in this situation as well as a hindrance for you."
teslas
 GM, 2098 posts
Wed 13 Jul 2011
at 01:20
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"But I can promise you just compensation if you do succeed, not that heroes of your caliber hold that as their primary motivation. Telling you any more on the matter concerns national security, so I'd like to hear you give your word of full cooperation before I continue."

2/3 of you is enough.
ZEIG
 player, 1259 posts
 White Mage
Wed 13 Jul 2011
at 01:33
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Zeig turns to his companions after finishing with the king.

"I can't determine the source of the ailment, as expected.  Well guys, what do you say?  Having seen his condition I do not wish to leave him like this.  If we are venturing forth to protect the nature of the world then I think we should know the world that we are protecting.  That starts here."

Zeig then turns to the elf and attempts a bow similar to the one he has seen demonstrated.

"You have my aid, Arnir."
DAI
 player, 1180 posts
Wed 13 Jul 2011
at 05:25
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI shrugs, before saying. "I'm fine with it but...I would like some time to look into elven magic, while I'm here."
teslas
 GM, 2100 posts
Wed 13 Jul 2011
at 05:59
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"You'll have to be a little more specific if that was a request of some kind. A small delay shouldn't matter. He's been asleep a long time already," Arnir remarks.

"I don't know how educated you are in matters in the area, so I'll begin simply. Our neighbors, the Drow, we do not get along. We had not heard nor seen sign from them for almost a hundred years, and we didn't go looking to change that. Five years ago, a man posing as an elven wizard gained audience with the king claiming to need to speak of an urgent matter. Once in the chamber, he manifested himself in his true form, a nasty looking beast of a thing. He unleashed some sort of magic upon the king despite his guards, and managed to kill a few others before escaping."

Arnir stops for the story to sink in. "I don't know how much you know about our guards and warriors, but it is not an easy matter to cast a spell in this castle, nor is it one to escape after doing so. This thing, whatever it was, seemed to have underestimated what it was up against despite its power. Had it not been injured and chased off... we do not know of what else it was planning to do."

"Months later our scouts reported activity on the border of the Drow region. There was some kind of civil war. After that, none of our scouts could get close enough to their settlements to find out anything. They claimed that spirits permeated the land, making it nearly impossible to travel."

"Our council decided that it would be better to not notify the public of the king's condition, and were confident they could cure him. The only other thing heard from our neighbors was a captured party of four women, all near delerium from their injuries and lack of nutrition. The only information we could get from them was that the drow prince, Astos, had risen against the king. They claimed something they only referred to as "flayers" arrived shortly after and began taking people. This on top of the civil war apparently destroyed the majority of their society."

"They also claimed Astos had been turned into some sort of beast. The description matched that of the creature that attacked the king. We executed the prisoners shortly after they began repeating themselves and weren't able to offer any more information."

"I simply want you to find a way to wake the king. One route about this is to find Astos yourselves. Get what you need to know from him. Being human, and not elves, the Drow spirits may be less of a threat to you, but I've no idea. I'll supply a map and any advice I can. The rest is up to you."
JACK
 player, 1067 posts
Wed 13 Jul 2011
at 14:36
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack nods. Understood. Then, let's prepare.
teslas
 GM, 2103 posts
Wed 13 Jul 2011
at 19:11
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Arnir says, "I will remain here. I'll also send word to the scribes, as they are employed by the crown directly, to treat you as Cornelian dignitaries should be. The other places of business in the city may not be so friendly." Arnir removes a small pouch from his belt. "I doubt you lack vital funding but you're welcome to what I have with me at this moment. Consider it a meager apology for any potential rudeness you may encounter with the merchants."

The pouch contains 328 gold.

"Feel free to return to your ship at any time." He removes another one of the ornate signal arrows from his quiver. "If you leave, you will need this to return. Without it, your vessel will be reduced to splinters before reaching the port." He hands the arrow to DAI, although a little unsure of his action because of DAI's longbow loosely slung over his shoulder, "And finally, in order to remain somewhat inconspicuous, do not attempt to contact me unless it is an extreme emergency. I'll check up on you in a couple of days if you're still in town. Any questions?"

You are free to leave the castle the way you entered, though you will of course have an escort while doing so. Your cart is being returned to your ship. It is roughly 4:30pm.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:19, Wed 13 July 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1261 posts
 White Mage
Wed 13 Jul 2011
at 19:35
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"We will, of course, have various preparations to make before setting off.  I shall take my leave, if you'll excuse me."

Eventually, after we get out of here:

Looks like we'll be rping the encounters at the shops but just in case.
Selling Warhammer (12GP, sold for 6).
Getting prices for Aquaveil (CL 3, 300GP, sold for 150GP?) and Blink potions (CL 3, 600GP, sold for 300GP?).
Also looking into how much Staff of the Deep is worth (???).
Let me know if I should roll appraise, depending on the price it might be worth it to sell.

Visit magic shop.
Get information on geography, climate, wildlife in the surrounding area.
Get information on religious beliefs held by elves and dark elves, cultural differences, etc.
Library?  Library?  Eh?

teslas
 GM, 2106 posts
Thu 14 Jul 2011
at 07:24
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Arnir includes a rough map of Elfheim as well as a map of the countryside on this region of the continent. They are both in Elven, but the symbols on the city map easily denote the type of establishments for those of you unable to read the words, and DAI has no problem understanding either of them.

You have a very good map. Indeed, it may feel odd to be so well prepared for your potential route and journey. I'll get this made out for you before you depart.

Feel free to split up as you will in the city, though please try not to bombard me with too many general instructions. Pretty much any store will tender cash for the gemstones that you've collected, though you will probably get better luck at a jeweler.

ZEIG, it seems as if you'd like to head to a smithy to sell your hammer and then inquire about the value of the staff. You are, of course, welcome to roll an appraise check on it. (And it's no big deal to assume that you brought it with you, as I was assuming someone would even though it was suggested it was left on the ship.) We'll resolve that encounter (shouldn't take too long) and then proceed from there, so keep in mind what you'd like to do so you can declare it next.

JACK, there is indeed a magical equipment shop that you can easily find.

DAI, I'll assume you stick with the other mage until you say differently since he's expressed interest for research.

The clinic should be done with VIL and the marine within the next hour.

teslas
 GM, 2108 posts
Thu 14 Jul 2011
at 07:50
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
I never heard definite instructions on how VIL's body and posessions were handled, therefore, he was still carrying or kept with everything he had.

The four of you leave the castle. Most of the castle guards, while saying nothing, give you a mixture between confused, surprised, or unpleasant stares.

When you're back on the street, you head to the clinic. The afternoon sun, hanging low in the sky, gives Elfheim a very beautiful pattern of dancing shadows through the tree tops. A few elven children, ages 7-13, follow the party at a distance giggling and gawking.

Once you arrive at the clinic, LOGG says that he's going to head back to the ship and asks if you want him to tell them anything. Afterward, he departs.

Several lanterns have been hung inside of the clinic as the light slowly drains from the sky. They appear to have some sort of white light shining from inside of them that is definitely not fire. One of the women you spoke to earlier is inside, just turning around from one of the lanterns.

"Welcome back, travelers. Please, join me." She motions to the side room where the marine had been kept. As you enter you see him on the table in the center of the room. He is lying there with a square of cloth laid over his chest in a diamond shape, the top point resting on his neck with the bottom stopping near his ankles. He looks to be asleep, and it is clear his top half and bottom half are reconnected. The clinician speaks quietly, "As you can see, he is back and well. We have not woken him yet, but he is able and ready to go as soon as you wish. Now, to the next room, please."

You all exit and walk the short distance to the next room. Its door is closed. She opens it, and walks inside. Following her, you can see the same sheet VIL was wrapped in, re-wrapped around what looks to be something of the same size as VIL's body. VIL is nowhere to be seen.

After a short moment, the woman speaks "I am sorry. We were not able to call your companion's soul back to his body. He has either been called for a higher purpose, or was unwilling or unable to return. I am so very sorry we cannot help you further." Genuine concern can be heard in her voice.

"His possessions are in our office. Please join me there once you are ready. Stay as long as you like." She walks out of the room and turns to the left, leaving the three of you alone with VIL's body.
JACK
 player, 1069 posts
Thu 14 Jul 2011
at 20:19
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack sighs and sits down. What do we do now?
ZEIG
 player, 1263 posts
 White Mage
Thu 14 Jul 2011
at 20:44
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"In our haste we took the most dangerous path, and Vil has paid dearly for it."

Zeig stares solemnly at the floor for a period before continuing.

"I've seen this done countless times before, it doesn't simply fail like this, not without a reason.  I cannot for the life of me understand why he would choose not to return, but that seems to be the only explanation...perhaps I didn't really know him."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:45, Thu 14 July 2011.

DAI
 player, 1181 posts
Thu 14 Jul 2011
at 20:47
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI stares for a few moments before turning to leave the room.

"He couldn't have a higher duty then this right? So it's simple...he was scared, who wouldn't be?"

DAI rubs his head, trying hard to recall the feeling he had experienced while he was dead, failing to recall anything of merit, he merely sighs and follows the Elven woman to gather VIL's things.
ZEIG
 player, 1264 posts
 White Mage
Thu 14 Jul 2011
at 21:09
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Maybe he was just scared, scared of the responsibility, scared of what he might become...I know I am.  Some days I still can't believe any of this, but there's too much at stake to give up so easily."

"Rest easy, Vil."

Zeig follows Dai out of the room.
teslas
 GM, 2109 posts
Thu 14 Jul 2011
at 21:22
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
You enter the office. It is lined with statues. Some of them are present in the Cornelian clinics and chapels, but nobody pays much mention to them.

The woman walks over to one of the walls and pulls a long, wide drawer out from it. The front side folds down, lengthening the new table in the room. On it are VIL's various possessions.

"We did not find any magically concealed objects on his person, though it is customary for you to check to make sure nothing was lost."

She pauses for a moment as you all walk over to the table.

Everything is there which I'll list in the OOC thread except for his green crystal pendant. The first one of you that turns around to look at the elven woman is met with a knowing frown.

"Yes, that." She removes a scroll from her robes. Around it, where the ribbon would normally be tied, is the chain from VIL's necklace. The green crystal hangs down from it. "I don't want to inquire any further into your business. So let's leave it at this. I noticed this pendant and then recalled the hint of chain hanging from some of your other necks. Good luck in your travels, and I hope I, nor anyone else in my profession, ever sees any of you again."

She lets a hasty bow and proceeds to the door, then stops for a short moment to say, "See yourselves out."
DAI
 player, 1186 posts
Fri 15 Jul 2011
at 15:25
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI merely takes the scroll wordlessly, untying the pendant and stowing it for now. He then takes a peak at the scroll, before walking by ZEIG and handing it to him. DAI then walks to the exit, deciding business in town would be good to get done now.
teslas
 GM, 2116 posts
Sat 16 Jul 2011
at 03:30
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
It was not mentioned, but clinics in Cornelia also provide burial services for those that they cannot help or that die of old age. Judging by the elf's mannerisms it looks that it is the same way in Elfheim.

JACK and ZEIG linger for a moment to gather up the rest of VIL's things. Coming outside, they find DAI staring at an odd sight: A disheveled dwarf jogging, or what passes for it as a dwarf, down the street toward the clinic, axe and shield in each hand, though neither readied. His armor, while obviously a fine example of Dwarven craftsmanship, looks as if it hasn't seen a polishing rag in quite some time and appears to have been hastily thrown on.

The sight distracts you from the elven boy that runs right up in front of you. "Hi! You're from Cornelia? I hear you have a boat and that some of you have already died of old age on the way here!" He waits for someone to speak. The dwarf slows to a marching pace and continues to approach the party.
DAI
 player, 1187 posts
Sat 16 Jul 2011
at 03:59
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI's eyes narrow at the boy, he feels ready to tell the kid off but, holds his tongue.

"Nah, we've been sailing less then a month, and I really doubt we'd bring someone along who would die of old age in that time."

DAI left a rather bold feel behind his words, showing he was a little annoyed, but avoiding any outright anger behind his words.
GRIM
 player, 556 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Sat 16 Jul 2011
at 04:06
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"OY, lad! Let them be, ye dern elfling." The dwarf comes up to a halt in front of the humans, berating the elf child lightly. "Lali-ho, lads. Name's Grim. I be hearin' you have a ship and I sorely need to get off this tree-blasted rock."
JACK
 player, 1071 posts
Sat 16 Jul 2011
at 16:53
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack hesitates. Our business is rather important. Can you not take an elven ship?
ZEIG
 player, 1268 posts
 White Mage
Sat 16 Jul 2011
at 21:53
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"I'm sorry, sir, but we have some business that might keep us in the country for a time."
GRIM
 player, 557 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Sat 16 Jul 2011
at 22:27
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Haven't seen a blasted elf boat since I've been here. But if ye lads have business, mebbe I can help." Grim looks up to the humans in a determined hopeful expression.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:13, Sun 17 July 2011.

JACK
 player, 1072 posts
Sun 17 Jul 2011
at 02:30
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack shrugs. I have no problem with it.
ZEIG
 player, 1273 posts
 White Mage
Sun 17 Jul 2011
at 02:31
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Dodging the question, Zeig asks "What are you doing here in Elfheim, Grim?  It's so far from Dwarven lands."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:40, Sun 17 July 2011.

GRIM
 player, 560 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Sun 17 Jul 2011
at 03:31
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Looking quite solemn, Grim replies. "I was guarding the diplomat of my people. Once we got here, he may or may not have drank himself to death or he simply died of old age which is kinda hard to do. We're hardy folk after all." He barks a quick laugh that smells awful. "Anyways, I got stuck here with these elves with no ride home."
ZEIG
 player, 1275 posts
 White Mage
Sun 17 Jul 2011
at 17:08
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"They say to rely on the kindness of strangers when away from home.  As we are all foreigners here perhaps we can help each other out and enjoy each others company.  It is good to meet you, Grim.  My name is Zeig.  Pardon my haste, but I have much to prepare.  If you'll excuse me for now."

Zeig bows with a flourish and turns to his comrades.

"I'll handle procuring some additional funds, unless someone else wants to.  I have much to inquire about before we can begin."

Zeig then turns to leave, turning the staff in his hands trying to figure out its worth.

13:03, Today: ZEIG rolled 3 using 1d20+2. Appraise lulz.

Heading out to sell the warhammer as you said in orange, then proceeding to work on selling the rest of Vil's equipment that no one wanted.  Holding on to the boarding ring for now unless someone wanted any of the other stuff.
teslas
 GM, 2123 posts
Sun 17 Jul 2011
at 21:41
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Helpful Reminder: Nothing is stopping you from wearing two boarding rings for +3 more HP. It basically grants the Toughness feat, which stacks. VIL did this for a short while.

I am going to assume DAI is holding the maps because he can read Elven.


ZEIG walks off down the street at a pace that would make him reasonably easy to catch up with. Anyone who wants to follow him can, even if it's a few posts later.

ZEIG makes it to a magical smithy that was only a few streets over from the clinic. He was a bit worried about getting lost after a few minutes, as the streets in Elfheim are anything but the nice grid pattern of Cornelia.

Walking inside, a familiar layout with familiar smells is confronted. Banging can be heard in a back room, and black smoke was rising from one of three chimneys. The banging simply sounds less... heavy. A bell hanging from the inside of the door-frame lets the shop-owner know someone has arrived.

Gotta run to my Sunday D&D game. I meant to actually keep typing. Wait for me or say what you want to say. And ZEIG's Appraise check: LOLno
teslas
 GM, 2126 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 05:20
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Despite the bell's tiny sound, the loud hammering stops. An elf comes to the front of the shop. "[Elven Word] and Hello", he says. "I hope you have a reason for me to welcome you to my shop."

ZEIG presents the hammer, which the man will pay five gold pieces for. He seems completely disinterested in VIL's old masterwork buckler, offering only 40 gold pieces for it.

ZEIG presents the staff, and the smithy furrows his brow. "Sahuagin savagery. I don't want this piece in my store, let alone to purchase it from you. Though, I will give you advice. That material they use for their trident hafts and staves requires being submerged in water, or at least be made wet, every once in a while or it will begin to degrade. I don't know how a magically enchanted item of the same material would behave." It's clear he'd become much more annoyed about any further inquiries about the staff, especially after the good-faith advice he's given.

Afterward, ZEIG unfurls VIL's old adamantine chain shirt. The smith's eyebrows move just as far in the other direction. "Ah, this. Dwarven-make." He picks it up and knocks it against his wooden desk with metal rivets. "Lightly enchanted adamantine as well. Might be worth more melted down than in its current state, but I'll worry about that since it seems you simply want to get rid of it." He offers 2,500gp for the chain shirt.

Finally, ZEIG takes the chain shirt back and presents the sword. Halfway unexpectedly, the smith casts Detect Magic. "Thought it was in decent shape for its apparent age of style." ZEIG informs the man of its properties. "I see. We have plenty of these for those who want them, and many elves would not be proud to show a weapon that is not made by a smith of their homeland." He offers 4,000gp for it.

Feel free to roll Appraise, Diplomacy, Sense Motive, Knowledge (what-have-you), and whatever else you might think is appropriate. Also include a reason why or some in-character text if necessary (though you guys have been pretty good about this so far, just reminding you to keep up the good work).

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:22, Mon 18 July 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1277 posts
 White Mage
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 05:35
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
01:25, Today: ZEIG rolled 18 using 1d20+2. Appraise shirt price.
01:26, Today: ZEIG rolled 7 using 1d20+4. sense motive shirt price.
01:29, Today: ZEIG rolled 17 using 1d20+4. sense motive sword price.
01:28, Today: ZEIG rolled 15 using 1d20+2. appraise sword price.
01:31, Today: ZEIG rolled 13 using 1d20+3. know (arcana).
01:31, Today: ZEIG rolled 12 using 1d20+9. Know (history) - Dwarven craftsmanship.


Zeig listens to the smith carefully, looking over the equipment carefully and watching his reactions so that he is not taken advantage of by a foreign merchant.  He tries to wrack his brain for any knowledge concerning these types of items and their value, beyond what they already Identified on the ship.

GM Edit Skill Check Result-

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:44, Mon 18 July 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1278 posts
 White Mage
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 05:54
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
01:45, Today: ZEIG rolled 25 using 1d20+15. Diplomacy - DI.

"I appreciate your advice, sir.  I can understand why you would not be interested in the sahuagin equipment, vicious creatures."

Zeig then gestures towards the adamantine shirt.

"However, to say this armor is fine dwarven craftsmanship is the understatement of the year.  Truly the dwarves are unparalleled across the globe when it comes to working with adamantine, and it is enchanted to boot.  I should hope that I could get a better price for it, or perhaps someone else would be interested?  And this sword, while it is human made, does grant significant protection on the battlefield which no sense of style could ever replace."
DAI
 player, 1193 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 05:55
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI puts his hand on ZEIG's shoulder. "I'll leave this to you, I'm gonna go inquire about some things." DAI then heads off, turning to GRIM, not really sure what to say. "Welcome...aboard?" DAI shrugs and walks past, heading toward the INN.

When he arrives, DAI will inquire the price(in elven), as well as ask if anyone in town deals with purchasing animal skins and the like.
teslas
 GM, 2127 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 05:57
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
ZEIG:

The smith chuckles. "I see your point about the shirt. I'll give you 3,000gp for it, but no more.

About the sword, you don't know many elves, do you my dear human.
"

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:00, Mon 18 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2128 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 06:02
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI:

There are several INNs in town. You can get a loose guess as to which ones may be "nicer" than others based on the structure/property lot size and proximity to the palace. What kind of one are you shooting for?
DAI
 player, 1194 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 06:06
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Better then average, but not top of the line? Bascially any works as long as it counts as an actual INN and restores MP to full.
ZEIG
 player, 1279 posts
 White Mage
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 06:07
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
I don't know why, but I can't picture an elven blacksmith.  It just simply doesn't register in my head.

"I'm sure your customers will appreciate such a display of foreign craftsmanship.  Thank you for your patronage, you won't regret it!"


Warhammer 5
Buckler 40
Chain Shirt 3000
Parrying Sword 4000

7345 to split 3 ways, I think we decided on 15% for party funds?
1102 to party funds, after that 2081 to each party member.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:07, Mon 18 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2129 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 06:10
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The smithy agrees on the sale. He hands over the entirety of the coinage himself. "Come back if you have more items such as this." He holds up the chain shirt and continues to look at it as you leave.

1102 added to party funds.
ZEIG
 player, 1280 posts
 White Mage
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 06:23
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Zeig then heads off towards the white magic shop.

Upon entering,

"Hello, I am passing through and I couldn't help but stop to peruse the items in your fine shop.  I also have a few potions that I might be willing to part with, if you think you could make use of them."

Zeig reaches into his pockets and lays 2 potions of Aquaveil and 1 potion of Blink on the counter, then looks up to the merchant.

Price check on Aquaveil and Blink potions, I made them, so I think I'd know what they are worth.
Aquaveil (SL 2, CL 3, 300GP, 150 to make/sell)
Blink (SL 1, CL 3, unique spell, 600GP, 300 to make/sell)

This message was last edited by the player at 06:24, Mon 18 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2131 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 06:34
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"You're welcome to look around and purchase anything you'd like. Please present any potions you'd like to sell. It is odd for people so sell such things, especially those spells."

As you look around, the alchemist behind the counter identifies each of your potions. The spells and other things they sell are in the Vendor thread.

"60gp for the Aquaveil potions and 50gp for the Blink potions," the man says with a tired tone. "The Blink potions are little more than a novelty at their current strength, and Aquaveil isn't the most popular spell to begin with, though I think I can move them." He sniffs one of the Blink potions again. "A couple of these are slightly... rough... were you making them while rocking back and forth on your ship?" he says with a little bit of a sneer.
ZEIG
 player, 1281 posts
 White Mage
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 06:49
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"I'm looking for a scroll of Heal and also Shellra, and I might be tempted to look into a Cure II as well."

I couldn't find them all, but at least one of those alchemy checks was above a 30! :p
teslas
 GM, 2132 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 06:53
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"We, of course, sell all of those. The royal scribes keep us well-supplied."

edit-
I already told ZEIG on AIM, but just so DAI sees:
All of the spell prices are in the vendor thread.

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:53, Mon 18 July 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1282 posts
 White Mage
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 07:00
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1

Heal 2000 - open level 2 slot
Cure II 3000 - open level 3 slot
Shellra 3000 - Blink level 3 slot

Yea, broke now, thank God Vil died!  No offense Vil.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:05, Mon 18 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2133 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 07:07
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI:
You take a 20 minute walk halfway back across town to find a modest-sized Inn. After walking in, the few people sitting inside eating meals stop their chatter and stare at you. The inn-keeper lets out a small whistle and then utters Common as if it's been decades since he's heard it, let alone spoken it. "Ahem. Eeruuhh. What may I do you for, sir?"

After you inquire about a room in his own tongue, the elf's voice changes to amusement as he responds in Elven, "Ah. A room. 20 gold pieces for you for one night. I'll offer a deal for a longer duration if it's in advance." DAI can relay the story to other people later, and therefore I am putting this to where everyone can read it.

The inn, while not looking lavish, is anything but dirty or poor. It's probably a step up from the middle-of-the-road inns inside of Cornelia, and is what looks to be the "worst" part of Elfheim.

"Skins? For water bladders? Or what?" Knowledge (Local) or to a lesser extent Knowledge (Geography). Of which I realize you have neither.

GRIM:
Either you're standing there with JACK, or if JACK chooses to follow someone you can go your own way or follow them as well.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:10, Mon 18 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2135 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 07:11
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
ZEIG:
"Pleasure doing business with you, my fine human. Out of curiosity, now that contact has been lost with both Melmond and Elfheim, how does Cornelia fare with its selection of magical spells?" The shopkeeper's tongue is MUCH more loose after your purchases.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:12, Mon 18 July 2011.

DAI
 player, 1198 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 07:27
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI asks, still in Elven, how much a room or rooms for 3-4 people would cost, and what kind of deal he means. Examples of 1-4 weeks in advance.
ZEIG
 player, 1284 posts
 White Mage
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 07:50
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Cornelia is wanting in magic these days.  I'm sure you'd make a fortune if trade were possible.  I happen to know that they are building a navy again, we are the first ship to leave Cornelia's waters in quite some time."
teslas
 GM, 2136 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 07:50
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI:
"If three of you stayed I'd let the third and fourth person stay for half-price. If you stay for a week your first day each will be free. Two weeks, two days, and so on."

Some of the conversation in the sitting room of the inn has resumed, though it is now hushed.

ZEIG:
He thinks for a moment. "I see. Well, if you plan on traveling back there, perhaps you would come back here before-hand and we could strike some sort of deal for re-sale there."

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:52, Mon 18 July 2011.

DAI
 player, 1199 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 07:53
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI thanks the elf for his possible business, he also inquires where one might buy bulk supplies, say enough to handle the number of people on their ship that I can't really remember right now.
ZEIG
 player, 1286 posts
 White Mage
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 07:58
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Of course!  I have some business in Elfheim to attend to for a time, but I will surely remember to visit your shop again.  My name is Zeig, and it was a pleasure doing business with you, sir."

Zeig looks up expectantly, waiting for a name.

Afterwards:

"Oh, is there any chance you can point me in the direction of a library?  I have much to be about and preparations to make."
teslas
 GM, 2137 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 07:58
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI:
He responds that they have the same types of shops that they do in Cornelia. Afterward, he suggests: "If you're looking for over-land supplies, try this place." He points to a location on your map labeled as a store that sells various sundries. It is just next-door. "If you're looking for supplies for a trip over the sea, the crown would almost definitely sell you rations and supplies pre-packaged and ready to be loaded down at the docks."

ZEIG:
"Gaelwyn." He bows slightly, just as Arnir had done.

"We have two general libraries. One in the castle and one for the public. The public library is east of here." He lets out a list of a series of streets with Elven names and which way to turn down them describing how best to get there. Listen check (higher DC) or an Intelligence check (lower DC) to follow them correctly.

"If you're looking for an arcane library, the best place would be our college. I doubt you'd be granted entry, however."

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:03, Mon 18 July 2011.

DAI
 player, 1200 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 08:02
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI nods, assuring the elf that his information was most helpful, and that he will be back once he relays this all to his traveling companions. If there is nothing else, DAI will head out to tell the others of what he found, and suggest they possibly spend a few days' time hunting in the immediate area. JACK's general survival skills and knowledge of the land would allow for regular pelting, which would make good trade, and allow them to easily purchase supplies to replace what was used already, and for the coming travels. After all this, DAI would suggest they go back to the clinic...as they left that marine there.
ZEIG
 player, 1287 posts
 White Mage
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 08:08
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
04:06, Today: ZEIG rolled 21 using 1d20+2. intelligence.

"Thank you, Gaelwyn."

Zeig returns the bow and heads out to the public library, as to draw attention to the royal nature of their visit.
teslas
 GM, 2139 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 08:16
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI/JACK/GRIM:
The marine is awake and outside of the clinic. He is wearing drab elven clothing. It looks like he's been waiting for you, or at least someone, from the MARY to come and get him. "Uhhh. This is a clinic in Elfheim. We made it apparently? And I died she said? That lizard-thing killed me? Uhh, wow... thank you for having me brought back. That must have not been cheap." He stands up straight suddenly, "I mean, reporting for duty, sirs. I forget myself."

ZEIG:
Through a mixture of blind luck and skillful inference, you make your way to the library basically exactly as he had described. It is a sizable and stately stone structure of around 2.5 stories tall, and oddly enough, has a small portcullis raised up above the main and only visible door. You proceed inside to find two elven men at a desk looking at you like you're the last thing they expected to see. Behind them a short wall separates some sort of interior room or rooms from the rest of the mostly-open floorspace. To either side vast rooms lined with shelving and books expand backward to what must be the opposite exterior wall of the structure.

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:19, Mon 18 July 2011.

DAI
 player, 1201 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 08:23
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI shakes his head to the marine's words. "Do not fret yourself, we value every life upon our decks. Now, if you'd escort us until we can find ZEIG, we'll know where to go from here. We may be staying docked for some time, but cannot know for sure until it has been discussed." On this, DAI begins by heading back to the smithy, the last place he saw ZEIG, and ask if he happened to know where his white mage friend wandered off to.
teslas
 GM, 2140 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 08:34
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Everyone gains 100 EXP for making land-fall in Elfheim and learning the state of its king.

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:35, Mon 18 July 2011.

DAI
 player, 1204 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 10:08
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
While they were walking, DAI stops a moment and looks to JACK. "I want to stop by the black magic shop, would you like to go ahead and search for ZEIG? Or possibly wait outside while I make a quick browse and purchase?"
JACK
 player, 1074 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 15:33
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack nods. I'll see if I can find him. Got any ideas where to go?
DAI
 player, 1205 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 17:02
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI thinks a moment. "Library, he mentioned one earlier." With this, DAI heads into the black mage scribe shop.
ZEIG
 player, 1289 posts
 White Mage
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 20:00
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Hello, gentlemen."

Zeig issues the elven bow that he has now seen several times.

"I will be in Elfheim for a period of time.  I am looking to do some research about the surrounding areas and cultures before I get down to significant work."

Things I'm looking for information on copied from earlier:
Get information on geography, climate, wildlife in the surrounding area.
Get information on religious beliefs held by elves and dark elves, cultural differences, etc.

GRIM
 player, 562 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 20:29
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Lacking anything adequate to say except to release some wind (read: fart), Grim shrugs at Jack. "I'm with you, lad."
teslas
 GM, 2141 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 23:10
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
ZEIG:
"I see." The man on the left opens a large tome sitting on the desk and motions for you to approach. The man to the right leans on the desk in front of him and watches closely.

"Name.
Occupation.
Location of permanent residence, if any. Else, location in which you've spent the most time in the last five years.
Fluent languages.
"

He writes a few things while he is speaking, and then stops, apparently waiting for your responses.


DAI:
It's a moderate jaunt over to the black magic scroll scribe. There is a symbol above the sign on the door that denotes that the establishment is owned by the crown. You walk inside and an elven woman looks up from an alchemy set. She lets go of two pieces of glassware where she stands and turns to walk toward the counter. The two pieces hover for a moment and then gently float down to the surface of the table. "Hrmm," she says as she looks you up and down. She begins to speak, in Common,"It has been a long while since I've met a human practitioner of black magic. Much longer still since meeting one that wasn't wasting their time doing it. How may I help you, today?"

The store is rather dimly lit apart from scattered candles, and the candles themselves seem to give off light at weird angles.


JACK:
DAI shows JACK the library on the map, and GRIM says he thinks he's walked by a few times during one of his searches for a tavern that serves the least awful elven swill. You head off and will arrive in around fifteen minutes.


GRIM:
You fart. It is awful, but luckily the wind takes it away from your would-be companions, possibly saving your chances of being granted passage on their ship. You then follow JACK to the library.
ZEIG
 player, 1290 posts
 White Mage
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 23:22
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Zeig Alain Reif.
Clinician.
Cornelia.
Common.  Draconic.  Celestial."

teslas
 GM, 2142 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 23:37
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
ZEIG:
The elf in front of you spins the tome around and slides another quill over to you. Underneath everything you've just said (you think, it's in Elven) are two blank lines. "Signature and Date."
The date can be found in the Party Status thread if you want to be literal about it ;p

At this, the other elf at the counter begins casting a spell. Spellcraft After a small popping noise, there is a book on the desk in between the two elves. The elf begins casting the same spell, and another pop, then another book. He does this several times until there are a half of a dozen books sitting there. "All of these are in Elven. Take them to one of the ornate tables labeled "Common" in the room just behind me. You will find a door to your right behind this desk."
ZEIG
 player, 1291 posts
 White Mage
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 23:42
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
19:40, Today: ZEIG rolled 19 using 1d20+7. Spellcraft.

"Zeig Alain Reif
Firesday, week 6, 852."


"Thank you."

Zeig moves into the other room and places the books on the Common table.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:44, Mon 18 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2143 posts
Mon 18 Jul 2011
at 23:56
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
ZEIG:
The door above the room says something in elvish, and there are several tables inside of the room with labels you cannot read. You place the books onto a couple of them, and the titles slowly change into other languages you cannot read. The third table you try has the books' titles change into perfect Common letters.

They are:
Your Savage Neighbors: A Book of Giants, Ogres, and Goblins
Royal Index of Flora and Fauna of the Aldean Continent, Book 3, The Southwest
Drow Exodus and Aftermath
The Perversion of Lolth
Ancient Symbolism Today
A Brief History of The Age


You tell me what you want to crack open. We might have to handle a lot of this in AIM.

JACK/GRIM:
The library is in sight. You will be inside within the next few minutes. (Go ahead and post now)
ZEIG
 player, 1292 posts
 White Mage
Tue 19 Jul 2011
at 00:12
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Zeig opens Drow Exodus and Aftermath and reads for about 10 minutes or so.  After completing the first chapter he stands and returns to the front desk.

"What types of services do you provide here?  I will be doing some traveling and it may be pertinent to do some research on the road, if you offer anything in the way of loaning or copying materials."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:14, Tue 19 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2144 posts
Tue 19 Jul 2011
at 00:19
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
ZEIG:
The elf that procured the books for you is still there when you return. The other is nowhere to be seen. He responds, "There is a 250gp tax for taking books of knowledge away from Elfheim, paid no more than once a month. It is then 50 gold pieces for us to copy a book. It is 100gp for us to copy a book into a language other than its original. It is 500 gold pieces for us to produce a book that will function with a translation table or other such implement."
GRIM
 player, 564 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Tue 19 Jul 2011
at 00:22
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Grim approaches the library with a slight apprehension. "Methinks they won't have any books from my people." He remarks to Jack on the way.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:32, Tue 19 July 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1294 posts
 White Mage
Tue 19 Jul 2011
at 00:32
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Ah, thank you.  I might have a use for those services at later time."

Zeig returns to his book and dives back in.
DAI
 player, 1206 posts
Tue 19 Jul 2011
at 00:40
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI doesn't show much reaction to the elf's words, and instead merely browses over the scrolls. After a moment, he speaks: "I'm looking for a scroll of Haste and Sleepga." DAI then sets down his coveted wand of Ice Slick. "I no longer require this wand, do you buy them here? And what wands do you have available for sale?"

OOC: Note, DAI is speaking all in elven.
teslas
 GM, 2145 posts
Tue 19 Jul 2011
at 00:49
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
ZEIG:
The man says, "Simply let me know. Also, we close at 11pm and re-open at 7am."

DAI:
She responds in Common, "Yes, of course we carry both." She holds her hand out and takes the wand from you. While looking it over, "We have several ready-made wants, but can create anything you wish on demand. Creating a wand requires time, but you can pay a little extra to have it created in a single day." She shakes the wand a few times underneath an elaborate glass table. "Hmmm. 1,575 gold pieces for this. It has an unusual caster strength for the complexity of the spell."

Standard pricing for wands. Expedited creation raises the price by 10%.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:50, Tue 19 July 2011.

DAI
 player, 1207 posts
Tue 19 Jul 2011
at 00:55
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI shrugs, figuring this elf had a reason for speaking in common over their own language. "Fine...I'll take both. That seems fair for the wand." DAI then thinks a few moments, on what he might want a wand of...unsure for now, he shrugs it off. "Can't think of any now...might be back later though."

OOC: 1,575 split 3 ways, assuming we still aren't sharing loot with GRIM, 15% to party funds would be 237, the remaining would be 446 to each JACK, ZEIG, and I.

Deducting 4,500 for scrolls, if it was agreed that haste could be wrote off as a tax deductible let me know later so I can get reimbursement.

teslas
 GM, 2146 posts
Tue 19 Jul 2011
at 01:47
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
What slots do you want your new spells to be put into? 237gp added to party funds. I am assuming GRIM doesn't get a cut of the gold, no.
DAI
 player, 1209 posts
Tue 19 Jul 2011
at 01:59
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
They're both 3rd level, so my black mage level 5 slots. Still considering learning water in sleep's place.
JACK
 player, 1075 posts
Tue 19 Jul 2011
at 02:53
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack shrugs. I don't read a whole lot anyway. What kind of books do dwarves have?
GRIM
 player, 565 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Tue 19 Jul 2011
at 09:41
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"All kinds, lad. Me favorite ones: Ale and You: The Wonder Years, Goblins and Your Axe, and How to Avoid Your Yearly Wash."
JACK
 player, 1077 posts
Tue 19 Jul 2011
at 14:53
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack looks thoughtful. Do dwarves grow anything?
GRIM
 player, 566 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Tue 19 Jul 2011
at 21:46
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Grim hmms, also looking thoughtful, although, you can't quite tell with the helm covering his face. "Ma had a rock garden." He shrugs at Jack.
ZEIG
 player, 1298 posts
 White Mage
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 00:39
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
After Zeig finishes Drow Exodus and Aftermath he picks up his books and returns to the front room.

"This one I've finished, although I think it will take me some time to get through the rest.  I would like to have these 5 copied, and I can pay the appropriate fees."

750GP
teslas
 GM, 2150 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 00:45
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
ZEIG:

The man at the counter nods courteously. "These will be ready within two hours after we open in the morning. And, to avoid any possible confusion or mistakes, you were wanting these in Common, my good human?"

It is 9:15pm ZEIG-standard-time. He's been inside reading all of this time. If he walks outside and finds JACK and GRIM you guys will have been standing there bantering back and forth about how many mugs of ale you can drink for two hours.
ZEIG
 player, 1299 posts
 White Mage
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 01:17
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Yes, common please.  I will return to pick them up in the morning.  Good night."

Zeig then walks outside and notices Jack and Grim standing there.

"Oh, hey guys.  Looking for something interesting to read?  I'm having a book on the animals and plantlife of the surrounding area copied, among others, so don't read that one Jack!  Did Dai find us a place to stay for the night?"
teslas
 GM, 2151 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 01:23
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
It is now 9:30pm. Everyone knows the INN at which DAI found to be the cheapest.

ZEIG/JACK/GRIM:

All of you are outside of the library.

DAI:

You've been wondering around Elfheim, taking in the sights.
JACK
 player, 1078 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 01:42
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
I'd like to go buy something before we go to the Inn.
ZEIG
 player, 1300 posts
 White Mage
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 01:56
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Sure thing!  Lead the way."
JACK
 player, 1079 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 02:15
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack goes looking for one of the magic item shops.
teslas
 GM, 2153 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 02:29
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
JACK/ZEIG/GRIM:

The three of you, led by GRIM, pass by the smithy where ZEIG had been earlier. A few streets over there stands a curious structure. It has wooden walls, to say the least, as it looks like it has been cut out of the center of a humongous, hollowed out dead tree. The top of it is flat, and there appears to be a garden of many smaller bushes and trees growing on top of it. A sign hanging above the store presents a symbol similar to what you've seen in Cornelia for a miscellaneous magic goods store.

JACK leads the way and walks inside. A tiny bell above the door rings, and an elven woman lifts her head up above some shelves she was behind. Her eyes have a piercing quality, almost as if they might be glowing slightly. She says in Common, "Two bald humans and a dwarf... may I help you?"
JACK
 player, 1080 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 02:34
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack takes off his Amulet of Mighty Fists. Can you enchant this further?It's an Amulet of Mighty Fists.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:41, Wed 20 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2154 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 02:43
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
She takes it from you.

"I see." The woman begins to cast a cantrip. "Seems to be a relatively minor enchantment, although effects of this kind are hard to create and intensify to begin with." She walks over to a counter and sets it down, then slides it back toward JACK a little. She then leans down and picks up a an extremely thick book that must weigh at least 25 lbs, and begins flipping through its pages.

"Ah. Ok. I see." The tome slams shut in her hand letting loose a sound like nearby thunder. "It'll be twenty thousand gold pieces to improve this for you."

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:43, Wed 20 July 2011.

JACK
 player, 1081 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 02:48
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack let's out a breath. More than I expected. Then do you have a minor grade Strength enhancing item? I'd also like two of those crystals, one that deals acid and one that deals electricity damage.

+2 Strength item
Crystal of Acid Assault
Crystal of Electricity Assault

teslas
 GM, 2155 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 02:58
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Oh sure. 5,000gp for a minor strength enhancing belt, pair of armbands, or set of gloves. We even have several styles of each." She points at a section of the store that is nothing but rugged-looking leather equipment of various sizes and purposes.

This hasn't come up, but things that do magical acidic damage are exceedingly rare in this world.

After you ask for the crystals, she thinks for a moment. "Ah, probably a translation issue there. These crystals, you want to be able to put them into a weapon, or your amulet there?" She walks over to a cabinet, pulls out a key and unlocks a padlock on it. She hums something under her breath as she does so. None of you are the thieving type so I don't expect Listen checks, but you could if you wanted to make me edit your posts with your results.

The cabinet opens, and she pulls out large drawer. On it lie various crystals of different colors and luminosities. Some are green, some red, some dark blue and so on.

"We have stones that will produce a small lightning effect, but acid, that's not something I'd carry. 750gp for the lightning stone or any minor stones like it. If you're looking for something with a bit more jolt behind it, the more intense crystals are only 3,500gp."

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:59, Wed 20 July 2011.

JACK
 player, 1082 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 03:01
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack nods, and hands over 5,750. I'll take the gloves then.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:04, Wed 20 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2156 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 03:10
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
She picks up a small, dim very light purple crystal from the cabinet drawer slides it shut, then shuts the doors and closes the padlock. She walks over to the counter where your amulet is still sitting and places it next to it. She then goes and selects a stout-looking pair of leather gloves. They have the tips of the fingers missing and small pads of thick leather and metal rivets on the knuckles. She returns to the counter with them. "I'm guessing these might be most like your style."

She takes your money, and places it in a bag and leaves it on the counter. "Please, try them on. That stone should slide right into the back of your amulet. There is a stump outside and some heavy rocks if you'd like to test them out." It seems as if she's doing a poor job of holding back a smile after her last statement.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:11, Wed 20 July 2011.

JACK
 player, 1083 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 03:12
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack smiles back, takes the gloves and stone and puts them on. You guys going to buy anything?
ZEIG
 player, 1301 posts
 White Mage
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 03:13
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
After being lowballed by the blacksmith Zeig is a bit wary of the shopkeeper.

23:12, Today: ZEIG rolled 18 using 1d20+4. sense motive -> str item price.

GM Edit Skill Check Result-

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:17, Wed 20 July 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1303 posts
 White Mage
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 03:20
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"No, you go right ahead.  I've already done a fair bit of shopping."

Did you include the extra money Dai and I made?  2081 from me and something around 450 from Dai, it's in the PMs.
JACK
 player, 1084 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 03:22
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
yes, I included it.
GRIM
 player, 567 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 03:27
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Nah, lad. I be fine with what I have." Grim looks over the shop with an disinterest eye, unsure if he should take offense of being referred as the dwarf.
JACK
 player, 1085 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 03:31
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack smiles again, and thanks the woman. He leaves the shop and tries it out on the rocks, like she said.

23:30, Today: JACK rolled 9 using 1d8+6 with rolls of 3. Damage 2.
23:30, Today: JACK rolled 14 using 1d8+6 with rolls of 8. Damage 1.
23:30, Today: JACK rolled 11 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 4. Attack 2.
23:30, Today: JACK rolled 23 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 16. Attack 1.

teslas
 GM, 2158 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 03:33
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
JACK bashes some rocks into the dirt. One of them splits into a few pieces. The gloves don't do anything to lessen the impact to his hands, not that it matters to him, but the small sparks that come from both the metal rivets and the new weapon crystal add some nice thematics to his punches.

Everyone meets up at the inn that DAI had found earlier. The proprietor nods and leaves the main room to go upstairs and check over your rooms. GRIM says that he's going back to his room at another inn, and that he'll see you all in the morning. If asked to stay he'll say that the elven swill here is probably the worst in town, and then leave.

50gp deducted from party funds (20gp per person, third stays half-price). The stay includes dinner and breakfast.

The food is quite good and ZEIG takes special appreciation of the drink. It appears to be a sweet apple-ale of some kind. GRIM must not have very refined tastes.

Everyone retires to their rooms to find clean beds and large wash-basins with plenty of towels.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:35, Wed 20 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2160 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 03:46
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The Earthsday sun comes in all of your windows. Despite Elfheim being completely packed with trees, it somehow finds a way to shine directly onto your eyes.

Breakfast is a hearty mix of varied vegetables and what the innkeeper calls "sea elk". It is slightly gamy, but tasty nonetheless. GRIM joins all of you after you finished eating, and it is a good thing. His general stench would make eating much less pleasant, and his breath accentuates his general aroma in the worst way possible.

7:30am. Arnir said for you to visit him at the palace tomorrow before you leave for anywhere. Today is as eventful as you make it. If you don't have any plans, then post that in OOC so we can get on with it.
GRIM
 player, 568 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 03:51
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Lali-ho, lads! I be glad to leave this stinkin' place to find some real ale to drink." Despite his grumblings, Grim seems relatively in a good mood. Possibly because he can finally get out of the elflands and perhaps be able to smack something with his axe.
DAI
 player, 1211 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 04:01
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI, not sure if anyone had thought over his idea, offers up his proposed situation, being: Hunt in the nearby areas, use JACK's general knowledge of nature and survival skills to skin/clean the hides. These can easily be sold in town, and with their current...experiences out and about, he is relatively sure there isn't a single dumb animal(hurr-durr) that could take them all on...a pack, perhaps, but even then they can likely make a killing in the fur market...elves have those right?


OOC: The skinny of it: Level grind, loot grind, spend a week in the area preparing ourselves. I think we should still check in with the ship periodically...can't be fun staying docked in a place where there is a constant force just eyeing you with prejudice. Also...what the hell happened with that other marine? Did he go back to the ship? I am lost >.>
teslas
 GM, 2162 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 07:49
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
It can be safely assumed the marine followed you to the inn, and then was told to make his way back to his ship. It's not like there are many more answers to: "what vessel are you from?" than "um... the one with humans on it."
teslas
 GM, 2164 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 15:06
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
After DAI's comments, nobody can remember seeing any elves that wear furs. GRIM agrees. Everyone in Elfheim looks as if they wear a wide array of various cloths spun from a myriad of materials.

Get on with it you bastards!
teslas
 GM, 2166 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 15:11
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Everyone informs one another for their plans for the day after breakfast. The first stop is the library, where ZEIG picks up his five new books. These are two pounds each, and are much smaller than the copies you were reading in the library.
ZEIG
 player, 1308 posts
 White Mage
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 19:10
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
After picking up the books, other than talking to Arnir and the group to see what we're gonna do Zeig might buy some elven wine.  After that it's just what the group decides (grinding/looting/adventuring/etc.).
DAI
 player, 1213 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 22:46
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
After the stop at the library, and the explanation that elves do not wear furs, DAI shrugs and says that they could still benefit in some way...there has to be a use, even if it's just trade with other areas.
JACK
 player, 1087 posts
Thu 21 Jul 2011
at 00:37
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack scratches his chin. I don't think we have time to do that, Dai. This mission has a timer, even if we can't see it.

DAI
 player, 1214 posts
Thu 21 Jul 2011
at 00:38
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Which mission are you referring to? The one that's already spent a few years sitting in a room? Or the one that we were thrust into like some blind sheep? What if staying in the area and growing stronger is what will bring about our success faster?"
GRIM
 player, 569 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Thu 21 Jul 2011
at 01:09
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Listening to the conversation, Grim speaks up. "Mission? What mission would that be, lad?"
DAI
 player, 1215 posts
Thu 21 Jul 2011
at 02:57
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"We're looking for the world's largest mug of ale, perhaps you could help us out hm?" DAI then shook his head sighing. "Fine, what would everyone else suggest we do next then? By all rights we still need to see Arnir er...three of us do at least."
ZEIG
 player, 1311 posts
 White Mage
Thu 21 Jul 2011
at 03:04
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Our trip here was humbling, maybe it would be best to prepare and experience the land a bit before setting forth.  At the same time, we made it here the fast way and sacrificed to do it.  To delay here would dishonor their sacrifice."

Zeig turns to Grim and holds his blue crystal in his hand.

"We are on a mission to research the flux in nature Grim, and to set it on the correct path again if possible.  If it sounds vague, well, it is.  We have much to learn and to do."

I've never actually sat somewhere in a D&D campaign to 'grind' before.  It's completely out of character.  We wouldn't think "Hey, lets go fight a bunch of wolves so we can be more experienced when we fight the Drow who are not wolf related."  I'm against the grind, but wouldn't object too much if we ended up doing it.  I'm a whore for gold.  And XP.
ZEIG
 player, 1312 posts
 White Mage
Thu 21 Jul 2011
at 04:00
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"If nothing else, lets reconvene with our patron.  Grim, can we meet up with you later?  I'll give you the details then if you're willing to help out."

If no one has anything to do let's go see Arnir, he might have some advice for us as well.
GRIM
 player, 570 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Thu 21 Jul 2011
at 09:33
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Sure, lad. I be at the inn."
JACK
 player, 1088 posts
Thu 21 Jul 2011
at 15:52
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack grunts, and heads for the door.
teslas
 GM, 2176 posts
Sat 23 Jul 2011
at 21:59
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The three of you spend the day seeing the rest of the sights in Elfheim. GRIM declines, saying he's seen what there is to see already, and heads off to his favorite, or rather, least hated, tavern.

The arcane college has more flowering trees with beautiful aromas on its campus than Cornelia has trees in the entire city. Cornelia does not have a dedicated establishment for teaching of magic, and the atmosphere is serene and quiet. Many, many elves in dark robes can be seen practicing cantrips and other spells in the shade of Elfheim's giant trees.

In one of the chocobo stables at the city's south gate, for the first time in all of your lives, you can see a majestic black chocobo strutting around a holding pen. Its feathers are inky-black and have an interesting refractive quality, giving them a characteristic sheen. Unlike Cornelia, only about a half of the chocobos in the stables are yellow. The rest are blue and green.

The castle gardens are exquisite. You feel that making an attempt to describe them would be an affront to their beauty. They are not walled in with the castle, and are available to the public. It appears as if there are no dedicated care-takers. The citizens volunteer their time to maintain them.

That night, everyone stays in their same rooms.

If any of you would like to spend more time in an area or attempt to talk to someone for a short while, let me know. We can go back and do that.

ZEIG, let me know which book you'd like to read this night. If you sit in your room and don't see the sights during the day, you can read three. We can handle it in AIM later.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:22, Sat 23 July 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2177 posts
Sat 23 Jul 2011
at 22:10
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
GRIM joins everyone for breakfast again. He is still curious about this mission that was mentioned, but doesn't seem to mind being left behind as the three of you make your way to see Arnir.

The castle guards eye all of you very suspiciously, but say nothing as you walk by. Arnir is inside the castle's commons speaking with three other elves. He motions for you to wait across the room as you enter. Their voices lower slightly after you enter. A minute later, one turns quickly and walks away with an angry look on his face. A few minutes after that, the other two elves leave the conversation. While neither looks angry, "cheery" would not be a good description of their expressions.

Arnir bows his head for a moment, then looks up. He makes his way over to you. "Good of you to come back. I take it we're still on for our agreement?"

One of the first things ZEIG says involves GRIM. Arnir confirms the bulk of his story. He happened to be the bodyguard of the late Dwarven ambassador and has been marooned here. He explains that he is a minor burden on the state, and that while people have gotten used to his presence... and odor... they would not miss him. Arnir goes on to confirm that though the dwarf may look a little disheveled now, he is very much so a competent warrior. According to a report filed by the ambassador's elven escort, when the ambassador had first arrived his party was attacked on the way to the city by starving wolves. GRIM managed to lop off two of the beast's heads in one swing and another nearly cleanly in half.

Moreover, Arnir mentions that just as GRIM is unable to go home, the Elven ambassador is still across the sea, and his term as ambassador was due to end last year. If you do make it to the Dwarven lands, he may be appreciative of passage home.

Going to pause here in case any of you want to say/do anything.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:13, Sat 23 July 2011.

JACK
 player, 1090 posts
Sun 24 Jul 2011
at 15:22
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack nods. What is the ambassador's name?
ZEIG
 player, 1317 posts
 White Mage
Mon 25 Jul 2011
at 19:52
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Taking in the elven sights, reading one book, The Perversion of Lolth.  After picking up the books I would ask Jack if he wanted to read through Royal Index of Flora and Fauna of the Aldean Continent, Book 3, The Southwest at some point soon.  If not, I could finish it quickly and he could read (or not read) at his leisure.

Wine needs to be handled in character.  Anything else I missed?


Zeig nods, thinking that a willing and powerful ally couldn't be turned down.

Streamlining these questions, pretend this was a table top game and I didn't just ask them all at once.

"Arnir, I have a few questions for you before we prepare for the journey ahead.  One, about how far away would you say the Drow kingdom lies from here assuming the four of us go on foot?  Two, what is the elven word for Light Warriors?  Three, is there a shrine to Ehlonna nearby?  And lastly, what do you know of Lolth?"
teslas
 GM, 2180 posts
Tue 26 Jul 2011
at 16:28
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Arnir tells you all that the elven diplomat's name is Laenind.

Travel Time:
"I'm going to assume you won't travel at the same pace as elven scouts, especially if you take the dwarf, but it would be no more than twelve days before you encounter the edge of their last known inhabited territory. If you don't have to circumvent any giant camps or patrols and push yourselves a little, possibly as few as eight." Arnir then takes a moment to describe your map in slightly more detail. This will be in the party inventory thread post.

Light Warriors in Elven:
"We call them basically the same thing, though the translation isn't strictly direct." Arnir repeats the words he had used on board the MARY in an articulate fashion. You're not quite sure how many actual words are contained in the phrase, but there's only two more syllables than "light warriors" in Common and it is said just as quickly. I'm not going to totally fag-out and actually type in elven or draconic or whatever.

"Your friend should be able to help you with the pronunciation," Arnir says slightly uneasily as he motions to DAI, "but I don't believe you'll have need of it. Claiming to be your... Light Warriors, might not produce a desirable type of attention here in Elfheim, nor can I imagine with the Drow."

Ehlonna/Lolth:
Arnir seems genuinely surprised by the first question, and then disgusted by the second. "What... need would you have for either? I am not the one to speak to on matters of Drow culture and their heinous targets of worship. But as for your first question, there is a small temple dedicated to the memory of Ehlonna and her followers a short ride from Elfheim's northern gate. I think this might be what you're looking for?"
ZEIG
 player, 1318 posts
 White Mage
Tue 26 Jul 2011
at 20:33
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Hmm, we should prepare to spend a considerable amount of time here.  Preparations need to be made at the ship, and orders given naturally."

"I don't know if I believe in prophecies or fate, or even our king for that matter, but it ties in with the legends and mythos that I am recording.  I would be the last person to throw that title around recklessly."

"I believe that it is important to know the people, and Ehlonna is a part of that.  Unfortunately, so is Lolth, and if we are going to bargain for your king's life with the Drow then we need as much information as possible.  As things stand it will be like walking into a wolf den blindfolded."

teslas
 GM, 2183 posts
Wed 27 Jul 2011
at 21:50
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Arnir nods at two men waiting on the other side of the room and resumes speaking to you in a slightly more hurried tone.

"You are of course welcome to stay as long as you like. Your vessel is in the safest place it could possibly be, and I've seen to it that it can remain docked indefinitely. You can easily procure supplies from the harbor master for anyone you leave behind on board."

"As I said, the temple of Ehlonna is mostly maintained as a way to preserve a part of our history. There are only an extreme few in Elfheim that ascribe to any sort of direct supernatural worship. The Drow, on the other hand, I still imagine follow their queen devoutly. And saying that you're walking into a spider's web might be a more fitting analogy."

"Gentlemen, good luck to you. I have other business to which I must attend. If you need to contact me, use this, and I can set up another appointment. If you leave port make sure you have the signal arrow in your possession." He hands ZEIG a scroll, bows, then walks across the room and disappears into a hallway with the two elves that were apparently waiting for him. The six castle guards posted in pairs at the doorways of the large room you're in eye the three of you impatiently, but say nothing.

This scroll outlines a spell. It is like a standard D&D scroll. Use it once. It works to a range of 10 miles, ignores mundane barriers, and will contact a person you have met telepathically for two minutes.
teslas
 GM, 2191 posts
Thu 25 Aug 2011
at 12:25
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The party heads back to the INN and finds GRIM there waiting on them. He only has four empty tankards in front of him, complaining of the much weaker-than-average and almost-unstomachable swill here as opposed to the only horrible ale at his normal daytime home.

I suggest lining up any provisions you'd like to take with you. Keep in mind you have a Survival Pouch, so unless you lose it somehow, food will not be an issue (And even then JACK has Survival).
GRIM
 player, 573 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Mon 29 Aug 2011
at 23:43
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"'Bout dern time, anymore of dis swill and me ears will become elf-shaped." Grim grabs his backpack, weapons, and shield.
JACK
 player, 1093 posts
Tue 30 Aug 2011
at 03:26
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack nods. I'm ready, whatever comes.
JACK
 player, 1096 posts
Sat 3 Sep 2011
at 09:27
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack heads more or less west, motioning for everyone else to follow him.
teslas
 GM, 2203 posts
Tue 6 Sep 2011
at 00:27
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The party finishes it last minute business in town and decides that setting off sooner than later to be the best course of action.

Before leaving, a visit to the MARY takes place. LOGG, oddly, is nowhere to be found. Nor does anyone on board recall ever seeing him. DUNN and GERY wish the group of you the best of luck.

You will still have to pay for your crew while you are traveling. This will be deducted from party funds as needed. Supplies will not be exhuasted while docked. Elfheim is feeding them (you are paying for this, and it costs the same as it does to normally feed them).

Heading back down the ancient slabbed road, ZEIG takes the time to visit the shrine of Ehlonna. We can cover this later if you want to ask/do anything while you're here. Just behind it lays an old road to the west. After sleeping at the shrine for the night, the party sets off.

The Windsday sun is bright but cool. Even in the thick of the forest, a small breeze can be felt. The canopy of trees above you covering the old gravel and packed dirt road sways steadily. One of the first things the party notices as it moves between the ancient tree trunks is the reduced rate at which progress is made. GRIM simply cannot comfortably move as quickly as his human companions.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:33, Tue 06 Sept 2011.

JACK
 player, 1097 posts
Tue 6 Sep 2011
at 03:42
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack falls back to Grim. You ok?
DAI
 player, 1220 posts
Tue 6 Sep 2011
at 03:48
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI ponders a moment, before offering an idea: "I can summon a chocobo, if that would make things quicker."
GRIM
 player, 576 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Tue 6 Sep 2011
at 20:36
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Grim looks slightly... grim at the thought of riding birds. "If it will get us there faster, I'll be fine by it."
teslas
 GM, 2206 posts
Tue 6 Sep 2011
at 21:25
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI conjures a chocobo. GRIM places his shield onto his back so that he can hold on to the reigns with both hands.

The rest of the day's travel is relatively uneventful apart from passing a few small Elven settlements. It seems as if this section of the kingdom is relatively well-patrolled, though you don't pass any patrols yourselves.

You all find a small clearing that looks to be used for a camp very, very often just off of the road. Through the opening in the trees above it, extremely jagged mountains can clearly be seen to the northwest.  It seems as if the road will take you straight to the cliffsides on the southern side of them. The party pulls a tent from their Survival Pouch and dozes off. ZEIG spends much of the night reading. I'll handle watch order until you guys specify otherwise.

The Iceday sun is, again, bright but somewhat distant. Long strands of cirrus clouds streak the sky. Again, DAI conjures a chocobo for GRIM and the party sets off, eating rations from the survival pouch as they walk. GRIM nearly drops his several times while attempting to maintain his position on top of, rather than to the side or underneath, the chocobo.

At around 11:30 in the morning, the gravel and packed dirt road begins begins to take a turn for the worse. Gravel patches become more and more sparse until they disappear, weeds and tall grass has begun to grow up in several spots, and muddy potholes begin to appear, first small and then larger and deeper as you progress.

The road, or what can now only be called a path, begins a very gradual drift northward bringing the cliffs a mere thousand feet away by the time it levels back out more or less directly east.

JACK clomps on at the front of the party, enjoying being in the wilderness and blissfully jumping over several depressions in the path filled with mud. It becomes immediately clear to the other three with him that some of the holes JACK is skipping over look a little odd. JACK looks down and realizes his companions are correct. After thinking for a short moment, the track seems to match what would be left by a humongous humanoid foot. A giant. Further investigation reveals that this path is obviously used extensively by them.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:27, Tue 06 Sept 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2207 posts
Tue 6 Sep 2011
at 22:03
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The air in the forest becomes dank as the undergrowth thickens. The footprints in the road are now numerous and other paths that deviate southward almost as much so. The party opts to continue rather than for a customary short rest in the middle of the day. This has no ingame effects.

Rocks, or rather, boulders, begin to appear more and more along the sides of the road--an indication of massive rock slides from the cliffs above. As the group passes one of them, GRIM's eyes catch something odd about one of the rocks near to him. The orange rock.

Out of Combat:
??: GRIM

D = DAI
G = GRIM
J = JACK
Z = ZEIG
C = Chocobo (GRIM is currently mounted)
R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"

TT,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
TT,,R,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,RRR,,,,,,TT,,,T,,
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,RR,,,,RRR,,,R,TTT,,,,,,
,,,R,,,,,T,,,,,RR,,,,RRR,,,,,TTT,,,,,,
...,...,..,.,J.ZD.CC,.,,..,.,.,..,.,.,
.........,....,...CC,....,...,.,.,,.,.
,,,,,,,,,RT,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,T,
,,R,R,,,,,,,,,,RR,,RR,,R,,,RR,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,R,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RTT,,,,,,,,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:07, Tue 06 Sept 2011.

GRIM
 player, 578 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Tue 6 Sep 2011
at 22:16
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Grim jumps off of the chocobo and shifts his shield from his back onto his arm, yelling, "Beware, lads, enemies nearby!" He then turns to the threat, using Provoke, and says, "'ey coward, get from behind the rock and face me."
teslas
 GM, 2208 posts
Tue 6 Sep 2011
at 22:25
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Taking a closer look, GRIM can see the side of a huge crouching humanoid, though he can't see what's in its hands.

Round 1:
21: GRIM
13: DAI
11: Giants
 8: Chocobo
 7: ZEIG
 4: JACK

D = DAI
G = GRIM
J = JACK
Z = ZEIG
C = Chocobo (GRIM is currently mounted)
R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"
1,2,3, etc = Giants

Combatants that enter the fight or become visible to someone will enter as orange so that you can more easily notice them.

TT,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
TT,,R,,,,,,,,,,11,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,11,,,,RRR,,,,,,TT,,,T,,
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,RR,,,,RRR,,,R,TTT,,,,,,
,,,R,,,,,T,,,,,RRG,,,RRR,,,,,TTT,,,,,,
...,...,..,.,J.ZD.CC,.,,..,.,.,..,.,.,
.........,....,...CC,....,...,.,.,,.,.
,,,,,,,,,RT,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,T,
,,R,R,,,,,,,,,,RR,,RR,,R,,,RR,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,R,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RTT,,,,,,,,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:44, Tue 06 Sept 2011.

GRIM
 player, 579 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Tue 6 Sep 2011
at 22:32
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Grim moves north 10 feet, drawing his dwarven waraxe. Power-attacking for 5. Grim swings at the Jiant's legs with a vicious chop.

17:31, Today: GRIM rolled 20 using 1d10+12. Waraxe damage (with PA).
17:30, Today: GRIM rolled 26 using 1d20+7. Waraxe attack (With PA).

teslas
 GM, 2209 posts
Tue 6 Sep 2011
at 22:40
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
GRIM's axe cuts a deep wound into the calf of the crouching giant. After doing so, he notices another giant crouching behind the rock a little ways behind him.

Round 1:
21: GRIM
13: DAI
11: Giants  - flat-footed
 8: Chocobo - flat-footed
 7: ZEIG    - flat-footed
 4: JACK    - flat-footed

D = DAI
G = GRIM
J = JACK
Z = ZEIG
C = Chocobo (GRIM is currently mounted)
R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"
1,2,3, etc = Giants

Combatants that enter the fight or become visible to someone will enter as orange so that you can more easily notice them.

TT,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,22,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
TT,,R,,,,,,,,,,11,,,,22,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,11G,,,RRR,,,,,,TT,,,T,,
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,RR,,,,RRR,,,R,TTT,,,,,,
,,,R,,,,,T,,,,,RR,,,,RRR,,,,,TTT,,,,,,
...,...,..,.,J.ZD.CC,.,,..,.,.,..,.,.,
.........,....,...CC,....,...,.,.,,.,.
,,,,,,,,,RT,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,T,
,,R,R,,,,,,,,,,RR,,RR,,R,,,RR,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,R,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RTT,,,,,,,,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:00, Tue 06 Sept 2011.

DAI
 player, 1222 posts
Tue 6 Sep 2011
at 23:38
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI sighs as he waves one hand, tossing a fistful of fire at the first giant, after moving to the left of Jack(5 squares left) for a clearer shot. "Normally I'd wonder why we attack them before attempting any speech but...I don't know hot[sic] to speak giant."

Will use Ice Armor if attacked

16:35, Today: DAI rolled 29 using 3d12+8. Fire damage vs Giant 1.
16:35, Today: DAI rolled 20 using 1d20+5. RTA(PBS) vs Giant 1 MP 35/41.
Reflex save DC 16 vs Dazed for 1d4 rounds
16:36, Today: DAI rolled 2 using 1d4. dazed duration on a failed reflex save

23:13, Today: teslas, on behalf of DAI, rolled 19 using 1d20. Conserve MP 15% (1-3).

DM Edit-
Fixed colors and shit. Added Conserve MP roll.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:13, Wed 07 Sept 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2211 posts
Wed 7 Sep 2011
at 01:56
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI's flames scorch the giant's other side. It yelps in pain.

The chocobo bolts off eastward as quickly as it can.

The giant next to GRIM stands up from kneeling (10' movement cost as discussed a long time ago). GRIM swings at the giant's legs as it does so, but his axe harmlessly catches a much harder spot on the giant's massive knee.
19:48, Today: teslas, on behalf of GRIM, rolled 11 using 1d20+7. PA AoO.

It then drops a large rock it was carrying and swings downward at GRIM with both hands, screaming in fury. GRIM, in a surprising show of experienced shieldwork, plants his feet and rolls the club down his shield and into the ground beside him.
19:50, Today: teslas rolled 19 using 1d20+11. Giant #1 PA(5) vs. GRIM.

Giant #2 also stands up and walks behind GRIM. It holds a rock in one hand and swings its massive stone club gripped in one hand down on top of him.
20:43, Today: teslas rolled 25 using 2d8+13. 1h damage PA (5).
20:42, Today: teslas rolled 25 using 1d20+15. Giant #2 PA (5) 1h vs. GRIM.

GRIM's feet sink into the soft dirt and mud a little as the club hits him squarely on the shoulder.

A third giant stands up from behind a rock south of the party, advances, and lobs the small boulder it is carrying at ZEIG, yelling, "Elf friends trespass!" The rock hits him in the back to one side, spinning him around several times.
20:52, Today: teslas rolled 11 using 1d20+6. Giant #3 rock throw vs. ZEIG.
20:53, Today: teslas rolled 11 using 2d6+8. rock damage.


A fourth giant stands up from behind another rock further to the southwest and runs screaming at the party. It too has a boulder in one hand and a stone club in the other.

ZEIG, still half reeling from the impact, moves slightly closer to GRIM and casts Heal on the both of them. He then pulls out his wand of Heal. One charge remaining.
21:00, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 21 using 1d20+3. Concentration to cast defensively.
21:14, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 8 using 1d8+7. Heal is only 1d8. MP: 37/40


Round 1:
21: GRIM
13: DAI
11: Giants
 7: ZEIG
 4: JACK

D = DAI
G = GRIM
J = JACK
Z = ZEIG
C = Chocobo (GRIM is currently mounted)
R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"
1,2,3, etc = Giants

Combatants that enter the fight or become visible to someone will enter as orange so that you can more easily notice them.

TT,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
TT,,R,,,,,,,,,,11,22,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,11G22,RRR,,,,,,TT,,,T,,
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,RR,,,,RRR,,,R,TTT,,,,,,
,,,R,,,,,T,,,,,RR,,,,RRR,,,,,TTT,,,,,,
...,...,44,D,J..,Z..,.,,..,.,.,..,.,.,
........44....,...,.,....,...,.,.,,.,.
,,,,,,,,,RT,,,,,,33RR,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,T,
,,R,R,,,,,,,,,,RR33RR,,R,,,RR,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,R,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RTT,,,,,,,,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:10, Wed 07 Sept 2011.

JACK
 player, 1098 posts
Wed 7 Sep 2011
at 06:14
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack moves up 3 squares and right 1 square, yelling. "We're surrounded! Take them out one at a time!"

He tumbles through the giants reach before activating his limit break and haphazardly assaulting the giant. (oh, yeah, flanking, forgot)

02:10, Today: JACK rolled 8 using 1d8+5 with rolls of 3. Damage 4. +1 Lightning damage.
02:12, Today: JACK rolled 20 using 2d8+10 with rolls of 6,4. Damage 3. +1 Lightning damage.
02:10, Today: JACK rolled 13 using 1d8+5 with rolls of 8. Damage 2. +1 Lightning damage.
02:10, Today: JACK rolled 7 using 1d8+5 with rolls of 2. Damage 1. +1 Lightning damage.
02:11, Today: JACK rolled 14 using 1d20+9 with rolls of 5. Attack 4.
02:11, Today: JACK rolled 24 using 1d20+9 with rolls of 15. Attack 3 (Critical confirm).
02:11, Today: JACK rolled 29 using 1d20+9 with rolls of 20. Attack 3.
02:11, Today: JACK rolled 13 using 1d20+9 with rolls of 4. Attack 2.
02:11, Today: JACK rolled 13 using 1d20+9 with rolls of 4. Attack 1.


DM Edit-
Fixing some of the lines as an example.


02:11, Today: JACK rolled 8 using 1d8+5 with rolls of 3. Damage 4. [put a space and then just tack on this by hand:] +1 Lightning damage.
02:12, Today: JACK rolled 20 using 2d8+10 with rolls of 6,4. Damage 3. [And if you want to get fancy and have me love you and never forget to add it:] +1 Lightning damage.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:20, Wed 07 Sept 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2214 posts
Wed 7 Sep 2011
at 06:54
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Your crystal of thunderous assault is not doubled on critical hits. Also, if you would not mind, separate out the damage types when you post attacks. I'll edit your post after this to show you what I'm talking about. These giants do not have any kind of elemental attributes or modifications, but most enemies do, especially later in the game.

JACK's first two punches bounce off of the giant's backside until he manages to find a soft spot. The giant doubles over a bit in agony on the third strike, causing JACK's last attack to miss its mark and hit another sturdy spot. The giant seems to near its limit of punishment.

Round 2:
21: GRIM
13: DAI
11: Giants
 7: ZEIG
 4: JACK   - Hundred Fists until start of turn, Round 4

R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"
1,2,3, etc = Giants

Combatants that enter the fight or become visible to someone will enter as orange so that you can more easily notice them.

TT,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
TT,,R,,,,,,,,,,11,22,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,J11G22,RRR,,,,,,TT,,,T,,
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,RR,,,,RRR,,,R,TTT,,,,,,
,,,R,,,,,T,,,,,RR,,,,RRR,,,,,TTT,,,,,,
...,...,44,D,...,Z..,.,,..,.,.,..,.,.,
........44....,...,.,....,...,.,.,,.,.
,,,,,,,,,RT,,,,,,33RR,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,T,
,,R,R,,,,,,,,,,RR33RR,,R,,,RR,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,R,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RTT,,,,,,,,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:37, Wed 07 Sept 2011.

GRIM
 player, 580 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Wed 7 Sep 2011
at 21:59
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Grim activates his Limit Break "Mighty Strikes". Power attacking for 6. He swings twice on the giant and misses.

16:59, Today: GRIM rolled 9 using 1d20+1. Waraxe attack (With PA).
16:58, Today: GRIM rolled 8 using 1d20+6. Waraxe attack (With PA).

teslas
 GM, 2217 posts
Wed 7 Sep 2011
at 22:39
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
GRIM swings his waraxe in two broad and clumsy sweeping motions. The injured giant hobbles to and fro out of the way of both, fearful that either would end its life.

Round 2:
21: GRIM   - Might Strikes until start of turn, Round 5
13: DAI
11: Giants
 7: ZEIG
 4: JACK   - Hundred Fists until start of turn, Round 4


Map Unchanged.
DAI
 player, 1224 posts
Wed 7 Sep 2011
at 22:55
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI sighs to himself, before closing his eyes a moment, opening them to show two bright yellow lights that seem to be pouring out arcane energies. "Alright, let's see how you like...this!" DAI raises a hand and drops a spell on the Giant nearest to ZEIG, seeming unafraid of the large club that hang so close to him. After this he steps to his right, and draws out his wand of Aero(3 charges remaining).

Sleepga, for the higher DC on Giant 3. Will save DC 17 33/41 31/41 MP
15:52, Today: DAI rolled 13 using 1d20. Conserve MP roll(18-20).
Automatically succeed concentration check to cast defensively.


DM Edit-
Casting defensively is DC 15 + Spell Level (not 10+SL), so in this case, DC 17. Also, Sleepga is a level 3 spell, costs 5mp, so you're at 31 MP now.

18:04, Today: teslas, on behalf of DAI, rolled 32 using 1d20+12. DC 17 Concentration.

DM Edit 2-
If you're going to use an ability, please include the word of that ability at some point in your post. Final MP cost: 3. Concentration bonus is +32, so yes, in that case, you do auto-succeed. DAI has used Manafont.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:50, Wed 07 Sept 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2218 posts
Wed 7 Sep 2011
at 23:36
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
I'm going to assume you meant to 5' step away from the giant next to you because you're not oblivious and suicidal. You could have just done that first and avoided any concentration check, but to each his own.

The giant blinks its eyes a few times, but otherwise seems unaffected by DAI's spell.

Giant #1, cornered, turns around to JACK, swinging his club down at him in a defensive fashion to fend him off. Fighting defensively.
18:17, Today: teslas rolled 24 using 2d8+16. attack #2 damage.
18:17, Today: teslas rolled 20 using 1d20+6. attack #2.
18:16, Today: teslas rolled 15 using 1d20+11. Giant #1 defensive vs. JACK.

JACK, with a mighty grunt, seems to fare the blow fairly well.

Giant #2 takes a 5' step backward, pulls an extremely large waterskin from his belt, and consumes nearly the whole thing. His mouth begins to foam wildly and his now-bloodshot eyes dart around excitedly.

Giant #3 takes a 5' step closer to ZEIG and slams his club down on top of him twice.
18:21, Today: teslas rolled 24 using 2d8+16.
18:21, Today: teslas rolled 31 using 1d20+15. Giant #3 club vs. ZEIG.

Out of sheer instinct in between blows, ZEIG lets loose a wave of healing energy. The rock between he and JACK blocks line of effect.
18:24, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 23 using 4d10. Benediction.
18:22, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 2d8+16. damage.
18:22, Today: teslas rolled 15 using 1d20+11. #3 vs. ZEIG 2.


Giant #4 walks directly up to DAI and slams his club down onto him with one hand, boulder still clutched in the other.
DAI uses Ice Armor, as instructed, consuming his Immediate (and Swift) action for this turn. 31/41 MP
The club shatters the ice with little effort, though some of crushing force is averted.
18:27, Today: teslas rolled 19 using 2d8+8. damage.
18:27, Today: teslas rolled 34 using 1d20+15. Giant #4 club vs. DAI.


ZEIG, terrified, steps 5' to the west and uses the last charge on his wand of Heal on himself and DAI as well as unwittingly affecting JACK.
18:33, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 7 using 1d8+3. Heal wand -> DAI/ZEIG/JACK.
He then drops the useless wand on the ground and screams, "GET IT OFF OF ME."

Round 2:
21: GRIM   - Mighty Strikes until start of turn, Round 5
13: DAI    - Manafont until start of turn, Round 7
11: Giants - (#1 +2 AC, #2 ???)
 7: ZEIG   - Pissing himself
 4: JACK   - Hundred Fists until start of turn, Round 4

R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"
1,2,3, etc = Giants

TT,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
TT,,R,,,,,,,,,,11,,22,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,J11G,22RRR,,,,,,TT,,,T,,
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,RR,,,,RRR,,,R,TTT,,,,,,
,,,R,,,,,T,,,,,RR,,,,RRR,,,,,TTT,,,,,,
...,...,.,44D...Z..,.,,..,.,.,..,.,.,.
........,.44..,..33.,....,...,.,.,,.,.
,,,,,,,,,RT,,,,,,33RR,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,T,
,,R,R,,,,,,,,,,RR,,RR,,R,,,RR,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,R,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RTT,,,,,,,,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:56, Wed 07 Sept 2011.

JACK
 player, 1100 posts
Thu 8 Sep 2011
at 02:48
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack renews his attack, then takes a 5 ft. step south.
22:46, Today: JACK rolled 9 using 1d8+5 with rolls of 4. Damage 4. +1 Lightning damage.
22:46, Today: JACK rolled 7 using 1d8+5 with rolls of 2. Damage 3. +1 Lightning damage.
22:46, Today: JACK rolled 12 using 1d8+5 with rolls of 7. Damage 2. +1 Lightning damage.
22:46, Today: JACK rolled 8 using 1d8+5 with rolls of 3. Damage 1. +1 Lightning damage.
22:45, Today: JACK rolled 12 using 1d20+9 with rolls of 3. Attack 4.
22:45, Today: JACK rolled 11 using 1d20+9 with rolls of 2. Attack 3.
22:45, Today: JACK rolled 23 using 1d20+9 with rolls of 14. Attack 2.
22:45, Today: JACK rolled 18 using 1d20+9 with rolls of 9. Attack 1.

teslas
 GM, 2220 posts
Thu 8 Sep 2011
at 17:40
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
JACK's first attack renders the giant unconscious, and the second kills it.
You can choose to take your full movement (remember, it's only a Standard action for you to attack four times with your Limit Break and class abilities).

Round 3:
21: GRIM   - Mighty Strikes until start of turn, Round 5
13: DAI    - Manafont until start of turn, Round 7
11: Giants - (#2 ???)
 7: ZEIG   - Pissing himself
 4: JACK   - Hundred Fists until start of turn, Round 4

R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"
1,2,3, etc = Giants

TT,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
TT,,R,,,,,,,,,,,,,,22,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,G,22RRR,,,,,,TT,,,T,,
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,JRR,,,,RRR,,,R,TTT,,,,,,
,,,R,,,,,T,,,,,RR,,,,RRR,,,,,TTT,,,,,,
...,...,.,44D...Z..,.,,..,.,.,..,.,.,.
........,.44..,..33.,....,...,.,.,,.,.
,,,,,,,,,RT,,,,,,33RR,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,T,
,,R,R,,,,,,,,,,RR,,RR,,R,,,RR,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,R,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RTT,,,,,,,,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:43, Thu 08 Sept 2011.

GRIM
 player, 581 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Thu 8 Sep 2011
at 17:55
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Grim uses Provoke on Jiant #3 and takes a 5 foot step to the east to attack Jiant #2. He swings twice, only connecting once swinging true both times.

12:55, Today: GRIM rolled 34 using 3d10+21. Waraxe damage (Crit).
12:53, Today: GRIM rolled 14 using 1d20+7. Waraxe attack.
12:53, Today: GRIM rolled 18 using 1d20+12. Waraxe attack.


DM Edit-
A 14 hits giant #2 currently.

15:19, Today: teslas, on behalf of GRIM, rolled 41 using 3d10+21. Waraxe damage (Crit).

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:30, Thu 08 Sept 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2221 posts
Thu 8 Sep 2011
at 20:28
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Giant #2's intestines nearly fall through the two gaping wounds GRIM puts in its gut.

Giant #3 shifts its head from ZEIG to GRIM with a massive scowl on its face.

DAI had posted an action way out of turn. I saved it, but now that Giant #3 has been Provoked, he may wish to do something else.

Round 3:
21: GRIM   - Mighty Strikes until start of turn, Round 5
13: DAI    - Manafont until start of turn, Round 7
11: Giants - (#2 ???, #3 Berserk)
 7: ZEIG
 4: JACK   - Hundred Fists until start of turn, Round 4

R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"
1,2,3, etc = Giants

TT,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
TT,,R,,,,,,,,,,,,,,22,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,G22RRR,,,,,,TT,,,T,,
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,JRR,,,,RRR,,,R,TTT,,,,,,
,,,R,,,,,T,,,,,RR,,,,RRR,,,,,TTT,,,,,,
...,...,.,44D...Z..,.,,..,.,.,..,.,.,.
........,.44..,..33.,....,...,.,.,,.,.
,,,,,,,,,RT,,,,,,33RR,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,T,
,,R,R,,,,,,,,,,RR,,RR,,R,,,RR,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,R,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RTT,,,,,,,,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:16, Fri 09 Sept 2011.

DAI
 player, 1226 posts
Fri 9 Sep 2011
at 03:47
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI attempts to Sleepga Giant 4 MP 30/41
20:46, Today: DAI rolled 9 using 1d20. conserve MP 18-20.

If Giant 4 is asleep, DAI will walk over and stand left of JACK, if Giant 4 is awake still, DAI will attempt to tumble away from it, without provoking an attack from Giant 3
22:10, Yesterday: DAI rolled 24 using 1d20+6. Tumble DC 15

teslas
 GM, 2222 posts
Fri 9 Sep 2011
at 04:51
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The giant's eyes droop closed and his shoulders slump.

DAI moves to stand beside JACK, on the other side of the rock from the two other giants.

Giant #2 drops the boulder from his hand, gripping his greatclub. He puts an enormous amount of force behind both of his swings aimed at killing GRIM.
23:36, Today: teslas rolled 10 using 1d20+6. attack #2.
23:36, Today: teslas rolled 40 using 2d8+34. damage.
23:35, Today: teslas rolled 26 using 1d20+11. Giant #2 vs. GRIM attack 1, PA (7).

The first swing nearly drives GRIM into the ground like a nail. Despite the grievous force, GRIM concentrates well enough to avoid the second blow.

Giant #3 rushes toward GRIM (charge action) at nearly a dead run, screaming loudly, but he, too, is thwarted by GRIM's experienced foot and shield work.
23:39, Today: teslas rolled 19 using 1d20+12. Giant #3 berserked charge, full PA.

Giant #4 snores loudly.

Not trusting his ability to concentrate on more complex magic, ZEIG attempts to cast Cure on GRIM.
23:46, Today: teslas rolled 20 using 1d20+3. DC 16 Concentration check.
23:48, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 7 using 1d8+6. Cure -> GRIM.

He then takes a 5' step away from the giant, but remains within its reach.

Reminders:
Giant #3 has 2 less AC from charging.
Giant #2 seems to be in some sort of berserked state, lowering his AC as well. It is also nearly dead.
Giant #4 will wake up if he takes any damage from any source.


Round 3:
21: GRIM   - Mighty Strikes until start of turn, Round 5
13: DAI    - Manafont until start of turn, Round 7
11: Giants - (#2 ???, #4 Sleeping until DAI's turn, Round 6)
 7: ZEIG
 4: JACK   - Hundred Fists until start of turn, Round 4

R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"
1,2,3, etc = Giants

TT,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
TT,,R,,,,,,,,,,,,,,22,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,G22RRR,,,,,,TT,,,T,,
,,,,,,,,RR,,,DJRR,,,,RRR,,,R,TTT,,,,,,
,,,R,,,,,T,,,,,RR33,,RRR,,,,,TTT,,,,,,
...,...,.,44,..Z.33,.,,..,.,.,..,.,.,.
........,.44..,..,..,....,...,.,.,,.,.
,,,,,,,,,RT,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,T,
,,R,R,,,,,,,,,,RR,,RR,,R,,,RR,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,R,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RTT,,,,,,,,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:53, Fri 09 Sept 2011.

JACK
 player, 1102 posts
Fri 9 Sep 2011
at 19:19
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack moves 6 squares(up, right, right, right, down, right, should be 1 square below Grim)   tumbling through the giants reach, but Giant 3 sees an opportunity anyway. (Rule confirmation: tumbling only takes up 5 extra ft. of movement per enemy, right?)


15:16, Today: JACK rolled 8 using 1d8+5 with rolls of 3. Damage 4. +1 Lightning damage.
15:16, Today: JACK rolled 10 using 1d8+5 with rolls of 5. Damage 3. +1 Lightning damage.
15:16, Today: JACK rolled 12 using 1d8+5 with rolls of 7. Damage 2. +1 Lightning damage.
15:15, Today: JACK rolled 12 using 1d8+5 with rolls of 7. Damage 1. +1 Lightning damage.
15:15, Today: JACK rolled 26 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 19. Attack 4 (Giant 2).
15:15, Today: JACK rolled 11 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 4. Attack 3 (Critical confirm).
15:14, Today: JACK rolled 27 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 20. Attack 3 (Giant 2).
15:14, Today: JACK rolled 16 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 9. Attack 2 (Giant 2).
15:14, Today: JACK rolled 12 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 5. Attack 1 (Giant 2).
15:13, Today: JACK rolled 14 using 1d20+13 with rolls of 1. Tumble (Giant 3).
15:13, Today: JACK rolled 32 using 1d20+13 with rolls of 19. Tumble (Giant 2).


If any of the attacks drops Giant 2 to 0 or less hit points, he will redirect the attacks that come after that attack towards Giant 3.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:19, Fri 09 Sept 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2227 posts
Fri 9 Sep 2011
at 21:00
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Let's play ball! Back in-character.

Giant #3 doesn't notice JACK's presence until JACK begins to attack it. Giant #2, however, sees an opening and swings his club downward at JACK, missing in its haste after charging.
15:52, Today: teslas rolled 12 using 1d20+10. flanking AoO vs. JACK, PA (7).

JACK begins to lay into the heavily injured Giant #2. His first blow cannot penetrate the giant's hide, but the second lands in the wound left by GRIM. The giant vomits blood all over the ground beside the dwarf as it falls over unconscious.

JACK turns and throws a kick and a punch at Giant #3, both of which connect solidly. Small sparks are let off with each strike, and the smell of charred and sweaty body hair begins to fill JACK's nostrils. DC 1 Fortitude save or you vomit on your shoes.

Round 4:
21: GRIM   - Mighty Strikes until start of turn, Round 5
13: DAI    - Manafont until start of turn, Round 7
11: Giants - (#2 Dying, #4 Sleeping until DAI's turn, Round 6)
 7: ZEIG
 4: JACK   - Hundred Fists until start of turn, Round 4

R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"
1,2,3, etc = Giants

TT,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
TT,,R,,,,,,,,,,,,,,22,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,G22RRR,,,,,,TT,,,T,,
,,,,,,,,RR,,,D,RR,J,,RRR,,,R,TTT,,,,,,
,,,R,,,,,T,,,,,RR33,,RRR,,,,,TTT,,,,,,
...,...,.,44,..Z.33,.,,..,.,.,..,.,.,.
........,.44..,..,..,....,...,.,.,,.,.
,,,,,,,,,RT,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,T,
,,R,R,,,,,,,,,,RR,,RR,,R,,,RR,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,R,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RTT,,,,,,,,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:52, Fri 09 Sept 2011.

GRIM
 player, 582 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Fri 9 Sep 2011
at 23:20
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Grim takes a 5-foot step to the east of Jack. He takes one swing at Jiant #2, then swings at Jiant #3 with his 2nd swing.

18:19, Today: GRIM rolled 36 using 3d10+21. Waraxe damage vs Jiant #3.
18:18, Today: GRIM rolled 16 using 1d20+7. Waraxe attack vs Jiant #3.
18:18, Today: GRIM rolled 40 using 3d10+21. Waraxe damage vs Jiant #2.
18:18, Today: GRIM rolled 25 using 1d20+12. Waraxe attack vs Jiant #2.

teslas
 GM, 2229 posts
Fri 9 Sep 2011
at 23:27
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
GRIM sends the unconscious giant to the afterlife, then turns and almost severs one of giant #3's feet.

Round 4:
21: GRIM   - Mighty Strikes until start of turn, Round 5
13: DAI    - Manafont until start of turn, Round 7
11: Giants - (#2 Dying, #4 Sleeping until DAI's turn, Round 6)
 7: ZEIG
 4: JACK   - Hundred Fists until start of turn, Round 4

R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"
1,2,3, etc = Giants

TT,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
TT,,R,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,RRR,,,,,,TT,,,T,,
,,,,,,,,RR,,,D,RR,JG,RRR,,,R,TTT,,,,,,
,,,R,,,,,T,,,,,RR33,,RRR,,,,,TTT,,,,,,
...,...,.,44,..Z.33,.,,..,.,.,..,.,.,.
........,.44..,..,..,....,...,.,.,,.,.
,,,,,,,,,RT,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,T,
,,R,R,,,,,,,,,,RR,,RR,,R,,,RR,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,R,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RTT,,,,,,,,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:29, Fri 09 Sept 2011.

DAI
 player, 1229 posts
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 01:04
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Delay until after JACK
teslas
 GM, 2231 posts
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 01:16
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Giant #3 turns and runs into the forest to the south, 70' away (Withdraw action).

Giant #4 continues to slumber.

ZEIG, coming out of shock, moves beside JACK and GRIM and casts Cure on the dwarf.
20:13, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 11 using 1d8+6. Cure -> GRIM. MP:35/40

Round 4:
21: GRIM   - Mighty Strikes until start of turn, Round 5
13:        - DAI's Manafont expires on this count, Round 7
11: Giants - (#4 Sleeping until count 13, Round 6)
 7: ZEIG
 4: JACK
 4: DAI

R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"
1,2,3, etc = Giants

TT,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
TT,,R,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,RRR,,,,,,TT,,,T,,
,,,,,,,,RR,,,D,RRZJG,RRR,,,R,TTT,,,,,,
,,,R,,,,,T,,,,,RR,,,,RRR,,,,,TTT,,,,,,
...,...,.,44,......,.,,..,.,.,..,.,.,.
........,.44..,..,..,....,...,.,.,,.,.
,,,,,,,,,RT,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,T,
,,R,R,,,,,,,,,,RR,,RR,,R,,,RR,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,R,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RTT,,,,,,,,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,
                 ||
                 \/

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:36, Sat 10 Sept 2011.

JACK
 player, 1104 posts
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 03:19
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
I wouldn't mind CDG'ing him but Grim has a better shot at killing it in one hit.

Let's finish off the last.
teslas
 GM, 2234 posts
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 03:40
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
JACK holds his action, and suggests that GRIM walk over and take care of the sleeping giant.

Round 4:
21: GRIM   - Mighty Strikes until start of turn, Round 5
21: JACK
13:        - DAI's Manafont expires on this count, Round 7
11: Giants - (#4 Sleeping until count 13, Round 6)
 7: ZEIG
 4: DAI

DAI
 player, 1233 posts
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 04:40
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI moves South as far as he can with a single move action, before dropping an Elemental Seal'd Sleepga on the fleeing Giant.

Will Save DC 22 to resist, MP 25/41
21:40, Today: DAI rolled 13 using 1d20. Conserve MP 18-20.
teslas
 GM, 2235 posts
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 04:50
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI jogs a short distance, picks out the giant's head among the foliage, and then casts his spell. The giant stops moving and its shoulders slump a little.

Round 5:
21: GRIM
21: JACK
13:        - DAI's Manafont expires on this count, Round 7
11: Giants - (#4 sleeping until count 13, Round 6 / #3 sleeping until count 4, Round 7)
 7: ZEIG
 4: DAI

R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"
1,2,3, etc = Giants

TT,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
TT,,R,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,RRR,,,,,,TT,,,T,,
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,RRZJG,RRR,,,R,TTT,,,,,,
,,,R,,,,,T,,,,,RR,,,,RRR,,,,,TTT,,,,,,
...,...,.,44,......,.,,..,.,.,..,.,.,.
........,.44..,..,..,....,...,.,.,,.,.
,,,,,,,,,RT,,,,,,D,RR,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,T,
,,R,R,,,,,,,,,,RR,,RR,,R,,,RR,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,R,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RTT,,,,,,,,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,
                 ||
                 \/

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:52, Sat 10 Sept 2011.

GRIM
 player, 583 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 05:41
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Grim walks over to Jiant #4 and gets ready to slaughter.
teslas
 GM, 2236 posts
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 05:52
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Round 5:
21: GRIM
21: JACK
13:        - DAI's Manafont expires on this count, Round 7
11: Giants - (#4 sleeping until count 13, Round 6 / #3 sleeping until count 4, Round 7)
 7: ZEIG
 4: DAI

R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"
1,2,3, etc = Giants

TT,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
TT,,R,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,RRR,,,,,,TT,,,T,,
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,RRZJ,,RRR,,,R,TTT,,,,,,
,,,R,,,,,T,,,,,RR,,,,RRR,,,,,TTT,,,,,,
...,...,.,44G......,.,,..,.,.,..,.,.,.
........,.44..,..,..,....,...,.,.,,.,.
,,,,,,,,,RT,,,,,,D,RR,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,T,
,,R,R,,,,,,,,,,RR,,RR,,R,,,RR,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,R,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RTT,,,,,,,,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,
                 ||
                 \/

JACK
 player, 1105 posts
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 05:55
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack cautiously makes his way over to the formerly fleeing giant. With it's relatively low health, he should be able to take it out. He remains in the sight of the others.
teslas
 GM, 2237 posts
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 06:01
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
JACK trots off after the giant that ran away. He ends his movement adjacent to the sleeping and injured creature.

ZEIG steps southward 5' and watches the party's actions from beside the rock. He comments to JACK to be very careful down there. Saving MP to cast Heal after the fight, as it is more MP efficient, and neither GRIM nor JACK is very injured.

Round 5:
21: GRIM
21: JACK
13:        - DAI's Manafont expires on this count, Round 7
11: Giants - (#4 sleeping until count 13, Round 6 / #3 sleeping until count 4, Round 7)
 7: ZEIG
 4: DAI

R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"
1,2,3, etc = Giants

TT,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
TT,,R,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,RRR,,,,,,TT,,,T,,
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,RRZ,,,RRR,,,R,TTT,,,,,,
,,,R,,,,,T,,,,,RR,,,,RRR,,,,,TTT,,,,,,
...,...,.,44G......,.,,..,.,.,..,.,.,.
........,.44..,..,..,....,...,.,.,,.,.
,,,,,,,,,RT,,,,,,D,RR,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,T,
,,R,R,,,,,,,,,,RR,,RR,,R,,,RR,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,R,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RTT,,,,,,,,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,
                 ||
                 \/

DAI
 player, 1234 posts
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 06:04
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI Readies his Wand of Aero for if JACK's coup doesn't kill the Giant.

23:04, Today: DAI rolled 21 using 2d10+7. Wind Damage(PBS).
23:04, Today: DAI rolled 19 using 1d20+5. Readied Aero(PBS) RTA.
Wand charges 2/50 if this happens, 3/50 if it does not

teslas
 GM, 2238 posts
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 06:11
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Saving time. Taking GRIM's stated action as nothing has happened that would reasonably change his mind.

GRIM performs a Coup De Grace on the sleeping Giant #4, having to extend his reach to the limit to make contact with the creature's neck. Its eyes open for a short moment after GRIM's axe tears a hole in its throat. It grabs the wound, blood pouring out, and slumps to its knees, realizing the next few seconds of its life will be its last. It cries out in a surprisingly soft whimper, then falls on its side, dead.

Round 5:
21: GRIM
21: JACK
13:        - DAI's Manafont expires on this count, Round 7
11: Giants - (#4 sleeping until count 13, Round 6 / #3 sleeping until count 4, Round 7)
 7: ZEIG
 4: DAI

R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"
1,2,3, etc = Giants

TT,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
TT,,R,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,RRR,,,,,,TT,,,T,,
,,,,,,,,RR,,,,,RRZ,,,RRR,,,R,TTT,,,,,,
,,,R,,,,,T,,,,,RR,,,,RRR,,,,,TTT,,,,,,
...,...,.,..G..,...,.,,..,.,.,..,.,.,.
........,..,..,..,..,....,...,.,.,,.,.
,,,,,,,,,RT,,,,,,D,RR,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,T,
,,R,R,,,,,,,,,,RR,,RR,,R,,,RR,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,R,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,
,,,,,,,RR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RTT,,,,,,,,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,
                 ||
                 \/

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:12, Sat 10 Sept 2011.

JACK
 player, 1106 posts
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 06:24
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Well hell, why not.

Jack takes a few moments to focus himself (2 rounds) and then tries to kill the giant. (3 point power attack)


02:21, Today: JACK rolled 50 using 4d8+36 with rolls of 2,1,5,6. Power Attack Focused CDG. +1 Lightning damage.

1d8 + 8 (Power Attack), x4 (Critical + Focus).
teslas
 GM, 2239 posts
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 06:34
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
JACK focuses twice as he studies his target. He lines up his strike, jumping up and placing a knee into the base of the giants head, breaking its neck, killing it instantly.

JACK, DAI, and ZEIG gain 1800 EXP.
GRIM gains 1440 EXP.

The difference in EXP is because of the difference in levels.

ZEIG asks if he should cast Heal on everyone, or if they should simply rest in a magical tent this night to conserve MP.
teslas
 GM, 2240 posts
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 06:35
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The giants are all wearing thick hide armor and crude-looking stone necklaces. Their clubs are made of stone, as were the large stones they were carrying. Three of the giants have massive waterskins full of what feels like some type of liquid. The fourth's, of course, is empty.

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:36, Sat 10 Sept 2011.

JACK
 player, 1108 posts
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 06:37
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
I'm 500 points from leveling up.



Jack brushes his clothes. Are you sure we need it right now?

This message was last edited by the player at 06:52, Sat 10 Sept 2011.

GRIM
 player, 584 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 06:49
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Grim rubs the kinks in his neck from the repeated slams of the giants' clubs.
teslas
 GM, 2243 posts
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 06:52
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
ZEIG pops Detect Magic, and alerts everyone that the giants' necklaces and hide armor appear to be magical, though not overwhelmingly so. Both appear to have enhancement spells of some kind on them.
JACK
 player, 1111 posts
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 06:53
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack starts collecting whatever is of value on the giants.
teslas
 GM, 2244 posts
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 06:56
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Each set of armor stinks to high hell, and weighs 50 lbs. Each necklace smells slightly better by virtue of it having less surface area and being less absorbent. They each weight 4 lbs.

200 lbs of Hide Armor, takes two people about 2 minutes to remove each one. 16 lbs of stone amulets.

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:59, Sat 10 Sept 2011.

JACK
 player, 1112 posts
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 07:00
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
How much of this do we wish to keep, even to sell?
DAI
 player, 1235 posts
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 21:40
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI Shrugs, and tosses the amulets into the Handy Haversack. "Armor's too big, but these can fit in here for now."
DAI
 player, 1239 posts
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 23:44
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI conjures up two Yellow Chocobo, has GRIM ride one while he takes the other so he can identify these amulets while they travel. (Succeed DC 10 concentration check on a 1, using 4 0th level spells to do this over 4 hours if uninterrupted)
teslas
 GM, 2249 posts
Sat 10 Sep 2011
at 23:55
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The rest of the day goes by. The party stays on high alert for any more signs of ambush. The path becomes more and more rough as the day grows darker, but the party presses on. The "road" now weaves northward and southward. At times, it is directly up against the cliff face while at others it is almost half a mile away.

About an hour from nightfall, the path is running along the cliff-face, and the party spots a shallow overhang about 20' deep, open to air on three sides. You four have to duck slightly go walk underneath it, and a giant would have to crawl. Everyone agrees this is probably the best place to set up camp for the night.

ZEIG suggests using a tent underneath the overhang.
I'm not going to use ZEIG's items while he's away, so one of you please use one.

DAI, you have identified four Amulets of Natural Armor +1. They weigh twice amount as a normal amulet. When you place one on your neck to test it out, it re-sizes itself to fit you, only weighing two pounds (instead of the original four).
JACK
 player, 1114 posts
Sun 11 Sep 2011
at 02:53
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack sets up a Tent for the night.

DM edit-
JACK has gained 10 EXP.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:00, Sun 11 Sept 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2254 posts
Sun 11 Sep 2011
at 04:34
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Before sleeping, ZEIG assumes he's going to get some of his magical energies restored, so he decides to cure a bit of everyone's wounds for a better night's rest.
23:31, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 15 using 1d8+7. Heal -> Everyone.

Everyone piles into the tent for rest. ZEIG spends a few hours before he sleeps reading. Spend your other four cantrips for Light for almost an hour each, then sleep.

The party regains 10 HP and 10 MP each.

The Lightningsday sun casts a long shadow as it rises over the mountains. The party eats together, and sets off once again.

DAI summons a chocobo for GRIM, mindful of the toll that combat and chocobo summoning is starting to place on his mana reserves.
teslas
 GM, 2255 posts
Sun 11 Sep 2011
at 04:37
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Almost by noontime, the party comes up on what looks to be a group of halflings ahead in the distance. They have one pony with them. At your and their current rate of travel, the group will overtake them in about 15 minutes.

They appear to have noticed you as well.
JACK
 player, 1115 posts
Sun 11 Sep 2011
at 04:55
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack looks to the others. Should we hail them?

This message was last edited by the player at 06:02, Sun 11 Sept 2011.

DAI
 player, 1241 posts
Sun 11 Sep 2011
at 06:00
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI shrugs, before waving to them and gauging their response.
GRIM
 player, 586 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Sun 11 Sep 2011
at 19:31
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
If they're not anything suspicious or pulling weapons, Grim will wave at them as well.
teslas
 GM, 2257 posts
Sun 11 Sep 2011
at 19:48
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The halflings see you waving and stop. They stand in a line and wait for you to reach them. It only takes about four minutes. There are five halflings in all along with one pony.

Once the group is about 30' away, one of the halflings begins to speak.

"Oy! Dan'jus country pat' for o lot o' humans an' a dwarf. 'tits none o' meh business, 'course, but whot a' jollies doin' 'round 'ere?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:51, Sun 11 Sept 2011.

JACK
 player, 1116 posts
Sun 11 Sep 2011
at 20:21
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
...What?

Jack seems confused.
teslas
 GM, 2258 posts
Sun 11 Sep 2011
at 20:26
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The halfling squints for a short moment, then talks very slowly and deliberately.

"You lot do speak Common, yes?"
DAI
 player, 1242 posts
Sun 11 Sep 2011
at 21:24
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI takes a moment to think on the first words that came out of the halfling's mouth. "Yeah, you've got a bit of an accent there...where you from?" DAI didn't really care, but he did understand roughly what they had meant at first and was wondering what a bunch of halflings were doing in Elven lands.
teslas
 GM, 2259 posts
Sun 11 Sep 2011
at 23:25
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
He squints further.

"'ere. From 'ere. An' you?"
DAI
 player, 1243 posts
Sun 11 Sep 2011
at 23:30
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI thinks a moment. "Ah yeah, guess we're the foreigners here aren't we? Across the ocean, that way." DAI points in the rough direction of Cornelia, not naming names in case they were hated out here by short people for some reason.
teslas
 GM, 2260 posts
Mon 12 Sep 2011
at 00:04
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
One of the other halflings speaks up with a frown, "'ell no shit. Aren't many o' your types on 'is side o' 'a Aldi."

The first turns his head slightly, "Be polite." He turns his head back around to DAI and the rest of the party. "'ell tits good t' meet you an'ways." He starts walking up to DAI and extends a hand to him. "Name's LEIF."

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:42, Sun 04 Mar 2012.

DAI
 player, 1244 posts
Mon 12 Sep 2011
at 00:10
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI returns the extended hand, not used to being the talky-type but ZEIG seemed to be day-dreaming or something. "DAI, good to know not everyone out here is twelve feet tall and trying to smash us."
teslas
 GM, 2261 posts
Mon 12 Sep 2011
at 05:02
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI feels a prick on his hand. It hurts quite a bit where the prick had stuck him, but otherwise he feels fine.
23:45, Today: teslas, on behalf of DAI, rolled 18 using 1d20+4. DC 15 Fort save vs. poison.

Surprise Round: (Standard action only)
22: DAI
17: ZEIG      - flat-footed
12: GRIM      - flat-footed
10: Chocobo   - flat-footed DOES NOT ACT THIS ROUND
 9: LEIF      - flat-footed
 8: Halflings - flat-footed
 6: JACK      - flat-footed DOES NOT ACT THIS ROUND
 6: Pony      - flat-footed DOES NOT ACT THIS ROUND

R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"
C = Chocobo
P = pony
1,2,3,4 = Halflings
L = LEIF

,,,,,,,,,T,,,,,,R,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,
,,,R,,.,,,,,,,4,,,,,,R,,,,,RR,,,,
,,.,.,....,P.1,,.,..,,,,,,,RR,T,,
,...,,,,...,,2..,.LD,G,,,,,,,,,,,
.,,,,,,,,,,,3,.,,,,,JZCC,,,,,,T,,
,TT,,,TT,,,,,,,,,T,,,,CC...,,,,,,
,TT,,,TT,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,,.,..,..,
,,,,RR,,,,,,,,TT,,,,R,,,,,,RR...,
,,,,RR,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,RR,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:12, Mon 12 Sept 2011.

DAI
 player, 1245 posts
Mon 12 Sep 2011
at 05:17
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI looks down at his hand, then looks up with disinterested eyes. "Well, shave off about 10 feet, replace smashing with poison...and we have ourselves a winner." DAI steps away from LEIF(5ft step right) does a quick gesture, before boosting GRIM's speed dramatically. "Hey dwarf, you'd better make good use of that."

GRIM is Hasted for 6 rounds, +2 attack, +2 dodge reflex/AC, +30 speed(max double, so 40 total), and an extra attack at full BAB when full-attacking.
22:15, Today: DAI rolled 4 using 1d20. Conserve MP 18-20.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:39, Mon 12 Sept 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2265 posts
Mon 12 Sep 2011
at 05:40
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
ZEIG, somewhat confused, takes the opportunity to place Protectra on everyone.
36/40 MP. Everyone (including the chocobo, woo!) gains a +2 Deflection bonus to AC.
He then takes a 5' step behind GRIM.

Surprise Round: (Standard action only)
22: DAI
17: ZEIG
12: GRIM      - Hasted, ends: DAI's turn, Round 5
10: Chocobo   - flat-footed DOES NOT ACT THIS ROUND
 9: LEIF      - flat-footed
 8: Halflings - flat-footed
 6: JACK      - flat-footed DOES NOT ACT THIS ROUND
 6: Pony      - flat-footed DOES NOT ACT THIS ROUND

R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"
C = Chocobo
P = pony
1,2,3,4 = Halflings
L = LEIF

,,,,,,,,,T,,,,,,R,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,
,,,R,,.,,,,,,,4,,,,,,R,,,,,RR,,,,
,,.,.,....,P.1,,.,..,,,,,,,RR,T,,
,...,,,,...,,2..,.L,DGZ,,,,,,,,,,
.,,,,,,,,,,,3,.,,,,,J,CC,,,,,,T,,
,TT,,,TT,,,,,,,,,T,,,,CC...,,,,,,
,TT,,,TT,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,,.,..,..,
,,,,RR,,,,,,,,TT,,,,R,,,,,,RR...,
,,,,RR,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,RR,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:42, Mon 12 Sept 2011.

GRIM
 player, 588 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Mon 12 Sep 2011
at 20:06
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Grims moves up to Leif and draws his weapon.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:24, Mon 12 Sept 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2268 posts
Mon 12 Sep 2011
at 20:34
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LEIF draws two shortswords, takes a 5' step at an angle toward DAI around LEIF, and attempts to plunge one of them into DAI's arm. Yes, he does have Quick Draw.
15:15, Today: teslas rolled 3 using 1d4-1. damage #1.
15:15, Today: teslas rolled 20 using 1d20+5. LEIF attack #1.

15:16, Today: teslas, on behalf of DAI, rolled 17 using 1d20+4. Fort save DC 15 vs. poison.
The wound stings greatly from the poison seeping into DAI's skin once again, but he shrugs off its effects.

Going to let GRIM use cover after the fact. We'll set up some rules so this doesn't happen again.
GRIM yanks DAI out of the way of LEIF's attack and jumps in front of it. The Shortsword bounces off of GRIM's armor, to no effect.

Halflings #3 and #4 remove their hands from behind their backs, take 5' steps to the east, and fire small crossbow bolts at JACK and ZEIG.
15:31, Today: teslas rolled 1 using 1d6. #4's damage.
15:30, Today: teslas rolled 20 using 1d20+7. Halfling #4 ranged vs. ZEIG.
15:30, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 1d20+7. Halfling #3 ranged vs. flat-footed JACK.

Halfling #3 flat-out misses JACK's body while #4's bolt gets stuck in ZEIG's thick robes, never touching his body.

Halflings #1 and #2 draw a shortsword each and advance toward the party.

Round 1:
22: DAI         
17: ZEIG
12: GRIM      - Hasted, ends: DAI's turn, Round 5
10: Chocobo   - flat-footed
 9: LEIF
 8: Halflings
 6: JACK      - flat-footed
 6: Pony      - flat-footed

R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"
C = Chocobo
P = pony
1,2,3,4 = Halflings
L = LEIF

,,,,,,,,,T,,,,,,R,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,
,,,R,,.,,,,,,,,4,,,,,R,,,,,RR,,,,
,,.,.,....,P..,,.1.L,,,,,,,RR,T,,
,...,,,,...,,,,.,2.DG,Z,,,,,,,,,,
.,,,,,,,,,,,,3.,,,,,J,CC,,,,,,T,,
,TT,,,TT,,,,,,,,,T,,,,CC...,,,,,,
,TT,,,TT,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,,.,..,..,
,,,,RR,,,,,,,,TT,,,,R,,,,,,RR...,
,,,,RR,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,RR,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:43, Mon 12 Sept 2011.

DAI
 player, 1253 posts
Mon 12 Sep 2011
at 20:49
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI steps away again(5ft step down) and strokes his chin a moment, before dropping a Sleep on LEIF, wondering if such a simple spell would let GRIM behead the little bugger.

Sleep on LEIF to save some MP, and why not...Elemental Seal.
Will save DC 20 to avoid sleep for 6 rounds MP 28/41


OOC: Just going to reiterate the whole Lightning Armor for crossbow bolt thing herewon't use Ice Armor unless I am flanked and being attacked, since by DAI's experience all Halflings are rogues.
teslas
 GM, 2269 posts
Mon 12 Sep 2011
at 20:57
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LEIF looks absolutely unaffected DAI's spell, not even a momentary nod.

ZEIG, confused, casts Fear on Halfling #4 then moves behind JACK and GRIM.
MP 35/40, DC 15
A look of horror comes over the halfling's face.

Round 1:
22: DAI         
17: ZEIG
12: GRIM      - Hasted, ends: DAI's turn, Round 5
10: Chocobo   - flat-footed
 9: LEIF
 8: Halflings - (#4 Frightened, ends: on save, or ZEIG's turn, Round 4)
 6: JACK      - flat-footed
 6: Pony      - flat-footed

R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"
C = Chocobo
P = pony
1,2,3,4 = Halflings
L = LEIF

,,,,,,,,,T,,,,,,R,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,
,,,R,,.,,,,,,,,4,,,,,R,,,,,RR,,,,
,,.,.,....,P..,,.1.L,,,,,,,RR,T,,
,...,,,,...,,,,.,2..G,,,,,,,,,,,,
.,,,,,,,,,,,,3.,,,,DJZCC,,,,,,T,,
,TT,,,TT,,,,,,,,,T,,,,CC...,,,,,,
,TT,,,TT,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,,.,..,..,
,,,,RR,,,,,,,,TT,,,,R,,,,,,RR...,
,,,,RR,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,RR,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:59, Mon 12 Sept 2011.

GRIM
 player, 589 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Mon 12 Sep 2011
at 21:01
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Grim takes a 5-foot step to the left and proceeds to attack Leif. Powerattacking for 5. And misses. Fuck RPOL.

16:00, Today: GRIM rolled 7 using 1d20+4. Waraxe attack (with PA).
16:00, Today: GRIM rolled 13 using 1d20+9. Waraxe attack (with PA).
15:59, Today: GRIM rolled 11 using 1d20+9. Waraxe attack (with PA).

teslas
 GM, 2270 posts
Mon 12 Sep 2011
at 21:28
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LEIF, looking supremely confident in himself, easily evades all of GRIM's attacks.

The chocobo becomes weary of the fighting in front of it, and backs up 10', squarking.

LEIF moves down at DAI once again. "G'damn mages!" Once again, GRIM pulls DAI out of the way, and presents his shield in his stead.
16:12, Today: teslas rolled 24 using 1d20+6. LEIF twf vs. GRIM.
The shortsword plinks off of a flash of blue like from the Protect spell. Momentarily confused, LEIF thrusts his other shortsword at DAI, now in a different position. DAI immediately uses Ice Armor.
16:14, Today: teslas rolled 1 using 1d4-1. damage.
16:14, Today: teslas rolled 20 using 1d20+6. LEIF twf vs. DAI.

DAI's icy armor keeps the blade from reaching him at all. "G'damn mages an' dorfs!"

Halfling #4 runs off into the woods yelling in terror.

Halfling #3 reloads his crossbow, steps forward, and fires it at GRIM, who doesn't even feel it bounce off of his armor.
16:19, Today: teslas rolled 12 using 1d6+9. #3 xbow vs. GRIM.

Halfling #1 runs around behind DAI and stabs at him with his shortsword.
16:21, Today: teslas rolled 3 using 1d6. sneak attack damage.
16:21, Today: teslas rolled 1 using 1d4-1. weapon damage.
16:21, Today: teslas rolled 22 using 1d20+10. Flanking #1 shortsword vs. DAI.

DAI's armor of ice shatters as it and his thick robes deflect the small sword entirely.

Halfling #2 attempts to do the same, but DAI's newly-found magically hardened skin stops the small blade.
16:26, Today: teslas rolled 11 using 1d20+8. #2 shortsword vs. DAI.

Round 1:
22: DAI         
17: ZEIG
12: GRIM      - Hasted, ends: DAI's turn, Round 5
10: Chocobo
 9: LEIF
 8: Halflings - (#4 Frightened, ends: on save, or ZEIG's turn, Round 4)
 6: JACK
 6: Pony      - flat-footed

R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"
C = Chocobo
P = pony
1,2,3,4 = Halflings
L = LEIF

              /-\
               |
,,,,,,,,,T,,,,,,R,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,
,,,R,,.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,R,,,,,RR,,,,
,,.,.,....,P..,,...,2,,,,,,RR,T,,
,...,,,,...,,,,.,..LD1,,,,,,,,,,,
.,,,,,,,,,,,,,3,,,,GJZ.,,,,,,,T,,
,TT,,,TT,,,,,,,,,T,,,,..CC.,,,,,,
,TT,,,TT,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,CC,..,..,
,,,,RR,,,,,,,,TT,,,,R,,,,,,RR...,
,,,,RR,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,RR,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:40, Mon 12 Sept 2011.

JACK
 player, 1117 posts
Mon 12 Sep 2011
at 21:36
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack tumbles past Dai, moving to flank Lief (Tumble up 1 square, up-left 1 square) He activates his limit break.

17:35, Today: JACK rolled 12 using 1d8+5 with rolls of 7. Damage 4. +1 Lightning damage.
17:35, Today: JACK rolled 13 using 1d8+5 with rolls of 8. Damage 3. +1 Lightning damage.
17:35, Today: JACK rolled 6 using 1d8+5 with rolls of 1. Damage 2. +1 Lightning damage.
17:34, Today: JACK rolled 10 using 1d8+5 with rolls of 5. Damage 1. +1 Lightning damage.
17:34, Today: JACK rolled 26 using 1d20+9 with rolls of 17. Attack 4 (Lief).
17:34, Today: JACK rolled 14 using 1d20+9 with rolls of 5. Attack 3 (Lief).
17:34, Today: JACK rolled 14 using 1d20+9 with rolls of 5. Attack 2 (Lief).
17:34, Today: JACK rolled 26 using 1d20+9 with rolls of 17. Attack 1 (Lief).


DM Edit-
Damnit man! Like this!

16:42, Today: teslas rolled 29 using 1d20+13. Tumble DC 19 vs. #2.
16:59, Today: teslas, on behalf of JACK, rolled 15 using 1d20+13. Tumble DC 17 vs. #1 2.
16:58, Today: teslas, on behalf of JACK, rolled 27 using 1d20+13. Tumble DC 15 vs. LEIF 2.
16:42, Today: teslas rolled 22 using 1d20+13. Tumble DC 17 vs. #1.
16:42, Today: teslas rolled 16 using 1d20+13. Tumble DC 15 vs. LEIF.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:59, Mon 12 Sept 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2271 posts
Mon 12 Sep 2011
at 21:48
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
JACK, finally joining the fray, nearly jumps straight over LEIF and DAI and then bashes the halfling's tiny head twice.

On his way there, Halfling #1 stabs out at him.
17:00, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d6. sneak attack damage.
17:00, Today: teslas rolled 1 using 1d4-1. weapon damage.
17:00, Today: teslas rolled 26 using 1d20+10. #1 flanking AoO vs. JACK.

17:00, Today: teslas, on behalf of JACK, rolled 10 using 1d20+8. DC 15 save vs. poison.
17:01, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d4. DEX damage.
17:01, Today: teslas rolled 2 using 1d4. STR damage.

JACK feels the poison pang through his arm, slowing him slightly.
JACK could not have anticipated the poison's affects on his attack rolls, therefore I'm going to simply deduct 1 from each of them. This does not affect how many attacks hit, though it does reduce his damage slightly (one per attack, obviously).

The pony meanders 5' north, then begins to munch on some grass growing in a sunny spot near the road.

Round 2:
22: DAI         
17: ZEIG
12: GRIM      - Hasted, ends: DAI's turn, Round 5
10: Chocobo
 9: LEIF
 8: Halflings - (#4 Frightened, ends: on save, or ZEIG's turn, Round 4)
 6: JACK      - Hundred Fists until start of turn, Round 4
 6: Pony

R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"
C = Chocobo
P = pony
1,2,3,4 = Halflings
L = LEIF

              /-\
               |
,,,,,,,,,T,,,,,,R,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,
,,,R,,.,,,,P,,,,,,,,,R,,,,,RR,,,,
,,.,.,....,,..,,...J2,,,,,,RR,T,,
,...,,,,...,,,,.,..LD1,,,,,,,,,,,
.,,,,,,,,,,,,,3,,,,G,Z.,,,,,,,T,,
,TT,,,TT,,,,,,,,,T,,,,..CC.,,,,,,
,TT,,,TT,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,CC,..,..,
,,,,RR,,,,,,,,TT,,,,R,,,,,,RR...,
,,,,RR,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,RR,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:07, Mon 12 Sept 2011.

DAI
 player, 1254 posts
Mon 12 Sep 2011
at 22:18
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI gets away from one of the halflings, but can't quite shake the others(5ft step down), before drawing his Wand of Aero and firing a blast of slicing winds at Halfling 1. "Halflings poisoning me, dwarves wasting my magic...this ain't a great day."

15:16, Today: DAI rolled 13 using 2d10+7. PBS Aero Wand vs Halfling 1.
15:16, Today: DAI rolled 18 using 1d20+5. PBS RTA on halfling 1.
Reflex save DC 11(hahaha) vs 10ft knockback

teslas
 GM, 2274 posts
Tue 13 Sep 2011
at 06:20
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI's blast of wind smacks into the halfling shredding him up fairly thoroughly. He manages to duck underneath the gust as it ripped over him, holding his position. 2 charges remaining.

ZEIG, hearing DAI's words, casts Poisona (Basuna) on him after taking a 5' step to the southwest. DAI's wound on his hand feels slightly better. MP: 34/40

Round 2:
22: DAI
17: ZEIG
12: GRIM      - Hasted, ends: DAI's turn, Round 5
10: Chocobo
 9: LEIF
 8: Halflings - (#4 Frightened, ends: on save, or ZEIG's turn, Round 4)
 6: JACK      - Hundred Fists until start of turn, Round 4
 6: Pony

R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"
C = Chocobo
P = pony
1,2,3,4 = Halflings
L = LEIF

              /-\
               |
,,,,,,,,,T,,,,,,R,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,
,,,R,,.,,,,P,,,,,,,,,R,,,,,RR,,,,
,,.,.,....,,..,,...J2,,,,,,RR,T,,
,...,,,,...,,,,.,..L,1,,,,,,,,,,,
.,,,,,,,,,,,,,3,,,,GD,.,,,,,,,T,,
,TT,,,TT,,,,,,,,,T,,Z,..CC.,,,,,,
,TT,,,TT,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,CC,..,..,
,,,,RR,,,,,,,,TT,,,,R,,,,,,RR...,
,,,,RR,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,RR,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:30, Tue 13 Sept 2011.

GRIM
 player, 591 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Tue 13 Sep 2011
at 09:40
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Grim tries again to slay Leif. Powerattacking for 5. He swings twice at Leif, feeling the 2nd swing to be a lucky swing, (assuming Leif dies from the crit), he takes a 5-foot step to the NE and launches his last attack at Halfling #1.

04:38, Today: GRIM rolled 20 using 1d10+12. Waraxe damage (with PA) vs Halfling #1.
04:38, Today: GRIM rolled 51 using 3d10+36. Waraxe damage (with PA) vs Leif.
04:37, Today: GRIM rolled 16 using 1d10+12. Waraxe damage (with PA) vs Leif.
04:37, Today: GRIM rolled 24 using 1d20+6. Waraxe attack (With PA) vs Halfling #1.
04:36, Today: GRIM rolled 31 using 1d20+11. Waraxe attack (With PA) vs Leif.
04:36, Today: GRIM rolled 24 using 1d20+11. Waraxe attack (With PA) vs Leif.


GM Edit-
Let's, you know, confirm our criticals...
04:58, Today: teslas, on behalf of GRIM, rolled 12 using 1d20+11. Waraxe attack (With PA) confirm.
So then let's roll for normal damage.

04:59, Today: teslas, on behalf of GRIM, rolled 18 using 1d10+12. Waraxe damage (with PA) noncrit.

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:59, Tue 13 Sept 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2277 posts
Tue 13 Sep 2011
at 20:17
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
LEIF is, from shoulder to hip, cut in half. Likewise, the already-injured halfling #1 is dismembered slightly, and is dead before he hits the ground.

Seeing gore of this nature, the chocobo bolts off down the road as quickly as it can.

The remaining two halflings drop their weapons and scream "We surrender!"

Sounds of the fourth halfling running and screaming through the forest can still be heard, though they are steadily getting further away.

Combat is over, upon JACK's choice.

Round 2:
22: DAI
17: ZEIG
12: GRIM      - Hasted, ends: DAI's turn, Round 5
 8: Halflings - (#4 Frightened, ends: on save, or ZEIG's turn, Round 4)
 6: JACK      - Hundred Fists until start of turn, Round 4
 6: Pony

R = Boulders and Rocks, 1x1 are 5' high, 2x2 are 10' high, and so on. All rocks have hard corners.
T = Tree, soft corners.
, = dirt
. = "road"
C = Chocobo
P = pony
1,2,3,4 = Halflings
L = LEIF

              /-\
               |
,,,,,,,,,T,,,,,,R,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,
,,,R,,.,,,,P,,,,,,,,,R,,,,,RR,,,,
,,.,.,....,,..,,...J2,,,,,,RR,T,,
,...,,,,...,,,,.,..LG,,,,,,,,,,,,
.,,,,,,,,,,,,,3,,,,.D,.,,,,,,,T,,
,TT,,,TT,,,,,,,,,T,,Z,..,..,,,,,,
,TT,,,TT,,,,R,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..,..,
,,,,RR,,,,,,,,TT,,,,R,,,,,,RR...,
,,,,RR,,,,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,RR,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:21, Tue 13 Sept 2011.

JACK
 player, 1121 posts
Tue 13 Sep 2011
at 20:22
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack cleans his fists, What do you think? I dislike the idea of leaving behind enemies with a grudge. Should we kill them?
teslas
 GM, 2279 posts
Tue 13 Sep 2011
at 20:25
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The halfling in the middle of everyone yells, "No! No! No gru'hg! We weren't gonna kill a'yone! Jus' take yer t'ings! Please!"
ZEIG
 player, 1326 posts
 White Mage
Tue 13 Sep 2011
at 21:04
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"They don't seem to be much trouble anymore."

Zeig casts Poisona on Jack, cleansing the poison from his system. MP: 33/40
JACK
 player, 1124 posts
Tue 13 Sep 2011
at 22:25
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Killing the leader did make them less bold. He turns to the halflings. Why should we believe you?
teslas
 GM, 2283 posts
Tue 13 Sep 2011
at 23:13
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Halfling #2 says, "'ca... 'cause we don't wanna die" while Halfling #3 pees on himself a little and slowly moves 5' further northwest. The yelling to the north from the other remaining halfling stops.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:14, Tue 13 Sept 2011.

DAI
 player, 1257 posts
Wed 14 Sep 2011
at 02:10
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI points his wand at Halfling 3. "Run and I shoot your itty bitty head off, you twice-damned midget." DAI begins walking toward him as he rummages out his wand of LOCK as well, in case he needs its aid in taking out the fleeing halfling. "JACK, I think we have these ones handled...wanna go round up the other? You're faster then anyone else here." DAI then looks over to GRIM. "You watch that one" Gesturing to Halfling 2. "I got this." He says as he steadies his eyes onto halfling 3.

OOC: Anyone got any rope and wanna tie them up?
GRIM
 player, 593 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Wed 14 Sep 2011
at 02:13
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Grim slings his shield back onto his back, eying halfling #2 speculatively. He grabs the rope from his backpack and thrusts it towards Dai. "Here lad."
DAI
 player, 1258 posts
Wed 14 Sep 2011
at 02:17
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI catches the rope, and puts the wand of Lock into his belt, holding the wand of Aero aimed at the halfling's head. If the hafling truly surrendered, DAI will take a 20 on Use Rope(total 22) to bind halfling 3, cutting the rope when it was finished and mimicing the act on halfling 2, then spending another moment to tie the two together.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:17, Wed 14 Sept 2011.

JACK
 player, 1125 posts
Wed 14 Sep 2011
at 02:29
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
If we aren't going to kill them anyway, I don't see the point.

I'm not running off on my own again. Incidently, Experience?
teslas
 GM, 2284 posts
Wed 14 Sep 2011
at 09:16
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The two halflings do not resist being tied up. The entire while, their pony simply continues to lazily munch away on grass, its saddlebags clanking every once in a while. However, DAI does has to be very careful to not get any halfling urine on his hands when tying one of them up.

JACK finds the other halfling hiding in the bushes, but does not have the chance to by his own merit. "O' m' god! LEIF! Clar'nce! No!" the remaining halfling screams as he falls onto his knees a few feet away from him. JACK drags him over to DAI, who ties him up as well.

All three of them beg for you not to kill them, and to let them go.
DAI
 player, 1261 posts
Wed 14 Sep 2011
at 14:31
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI looks down at them, pacing with a stern look on his face. He eventually walks over to the pony, and if it is not overly cautious of him, begins rummaging through its saddlebags.
ZEIG
 player, 1327 posts
 White Mage
Wed 14 Sep 2011
at 15:57
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"I say we take their things and leave them out here, give them a little taste of what they've been giving to others."

Zeig looks the halflings over again.

"There's no point in leaving them bound out here, unless you mean for them to die.  Just take their weapons and let them fend for themselves.  They're small, and quick.  They should live."
JACK
 player, 1126 posts
Wed 14 Sep 2011
at 17:23
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Whatever we do, we should move on.
teslas
 GM, 2285 posts
Wed 14 Sep 2011
at 19:33
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI opens the first saddlebag, and is greeted with what looks to be silverware, several large candelabras, and miscellaneous other goods of gold and silver. Opening the second reveals a sack full of minted gold coins.

On the other side of the pony he finds a sack full of damp weeds that stink to high hell. The other sack contains a mobile alchemy kit and quite a few empty, half-empty, and some full, vials and waterskins.

As he does so, the most talkative of the three is still pleading with you, "Oy, yeah! leave us 'ere. No way we'd follow you lot. Promise! Take our 'abbies 'it cha," he says, looking at the pile of their crossbows and shortswords.

"We'll even 'ell you 'bout our pat' 'round 'a lake. Promise!" another one says.

"'ey don't care 'bout 'at ya fool. Quiet." quips the third hafling.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:36, Wed 14 Sept 2011.

DAI
 player, 1262 posts
Wed 14 Sep 2011
at 20:52
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI looks over their weapons and the contents of the saddlebags with Detect Magic, takes the coins, and anything that looks to be of value and light over to ZEIG and places it in the haversack(let me know exact weights etc so I can edit my party inventory post). "Nah, you're right, we don't care, and I don't really like the sound of this plan...I don't expect anyone else to take part but I think I might enjoy executing these three, after all...they attempted to interfere with our most important of quests, should we have some sort of divine right to exact vengeance?" DAI wasn't speaking with any overt malice, but was holding his Aero wand tentatively, as he began walking up behind the halflings and playfully aiming the stick at the backs of their heads.
ZEIG
 player, 1328 posts
 White Mage
Wed 14 Sep 2011
at 21:06
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
17:20, Today: ZEIG rolled 23 using 1d20+8. intimidate - correctly.

Zeig gives each halfling a level stare in turn as Dai wanders behind them.

"You'd best spill whatever you know.  I doubt he'd think twice about ripping you to shreds right here and be done with you after poisoning him like that."

He gestures behind them towards Dai, then towards the corpse of Halfling #1.

"You saw what that stick did to your friend.  Leave nothing out, mind you.  If we decide you're not being entirely, forthright..."

Zeig looks lazily towards Dai with an eyebrow arched as he says the last.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:20, Wed 14 Sept 2011.

GRIM
 player, 595 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Wed 14 Sep 2011
at 21:07
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Nay, lad. Lets let these bumpkins go. Their words make me head ache worse than that damn elf swill I had to drink." In saying so, Grim goes to untie the nearest halfling.
DAI
 player, 1263 posts
Wed 14 Sep 2011
at 21:12
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Then the animals of this forest will have a nice meal of six halflings, bite-sized at best but...I doubt they'll complain." DAI taps the back of the talkative halfling's head with the wand, holding it at the base of the skull. "You know...I've never seen what happens when I try sending the head flying when the body can't follow..."

14:11, Today: DAI rolled 17 using 1d20+3. Intimidate(with size bonus).
Now, in D20 Modern you get a bonus for holding a gun on an unarmed target, not sure if that applies with a wand of death on a tied up child-sized person, but I'll take what I can get.

teslas
 GM, 2286 posts
Wed 14 Sep 2011
at 21:25
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI, I think in D&D it just makes you look like an asshole (kidding (but not a lot)).

ZEIG, you have no eyebrows.

DAI pops a quick Detect Magic and finds nothing of interest in the saddlebags or on the pony in general.

The halfling beneath DAI's wand screams, "We don' know 'nythin'! LEIF was our lead-man, an' you kilt him! We ern't gon' kill ya, jus' take 'er gold!"

The halfling GRIM is untying stays in his space, despite being unbound, watching in horror.
DAI
 player, 1265 posts
Wed 14 Sep 2011
at 21:32
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI looks at the one GRIM untied, then to his companions. He then takes the wand away and places it into his belt with the other, before going over to his friends and conjuring a Chocobo for GRIM. "Fine, get out of here...come back though? And I might just turn you all into frogs."
GRIM
 player, 596 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Wed 14 Sep 2011
at 21:36
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Grim.. grimly mounts the chocobo and addresses the untied halfling. "Best do what he says, lad. You can untie your companions."
ZEIG
 player, 1330 posts
 White Mage
Wed 14 Sep 2011
at 22:15
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Zeig concentrates on Jack for a moment, then points a finger at him and begins chanting.  Restore

18:13, Today: ZEIG rolled 3 using 1d4. Restore - Jack - Dex Damage.
He manages to heal some of the tissue damage caused by the poison. MP: 30/40

"Well, I suppose we should be on our way then."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:15, Wed 14 Sept 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2290 posts
Wed 14 Sep 2011
at 22:58
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The party continues on their way, leaving The three halflings, their pony, and two dead friends behind. A few miles down the road, GRIM chucks the shortswords as hard as he can into the forest. None of you notice any signs of any of them following you.

The summoned chocobo is easily carrying the weight of the gold and silver coins and items.

Everyone gains 600 EXP for completing the encounter.
teslas
 GM, 2297 posts
Thu 15 Sep 2011
at 08:10
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
You are now toting around 70 lbs of of gold and silver valued at roughly 3,500gp. One of DAI's summoned chocobos is currently taking the burden, and it is being held in the saddlebags taken off of the halfling's pony.

ZEIG and DAI, ZEIG has a mobile alchemy kit and GRIM is packed to the brim with alchemy supplies. Get cracking, especially you, ZEIG, with your free 6 hours of awake time as the party makes camp.


The day comes to an end, and with everyone on summoned chocobos for the second half, traveling is made much easier. Only twenty minutes after losing sight of the halflings, the road makes a dramatic break to the north. The party makes a deep cut into the Central Forest. Depending on how quickly you're able to travel, the party could reach its destination in as little as four days.

03:09, Today: teslas, on behalf of JACK, rolled 24 using 1d20+6. Surivival to identify track markings.
Unfortunately, if anything, the tracks of giants have become more common-place. There's even an indication that some of them are wearing shoes or carrying what looks to be walking sticks of some kind.

Luckily, the condition of the road, while not good, has also not worsened.

A tent is pulled out of the Survival Pouch for the two or three of you who are not on watch to sleep inside of.

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:11, Thu 15 Sept 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1335 posts
 White Mage
Thu 15 Sep 2011
at 16:19
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
12:17, Today: ZEIG rolled 29 using 1d20+13. craft (alch) - restore DC 30 :(.

Zeig tries to make a potion during the night, but fails.  Restore isn't gonna be very likely.
teslas
 GM, 2300 posts
Fri 16 Sep 2011
at 09:40
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
During the night, ZEIG attempts to make a more complicated potion to help combat poisons in the future. He almost has it, but can't get the heat just right for it to boil out at the proper rate. He manages to save the alchemy materials to try again the next night, however.

The party sleeps through the night without issue. The Lightsday sun is bright... ...above the trees. The thickets of thorns and undergrowth would make traveling off of the "road" an unpleasant affair. Only in very few spots does direct sunlight come down through the canopy above. Biting insects are becoming rather common, but most of you manage to cover up your skin or avoid getting too chewed up.

Everyone pulls out their rations from the magical survival pouch for the day and eats a quick breakfast.

DAI, chocobos? They directly impact how far you travel.

No chocobos    : 20' movespeed
One chocobo    : 30' movespeed (50% increase)
Three chocobos : 40' movespeed (100% increase


ZEIG and DAI can share a chocobo, and JACK's chocobo can carry the gold and silver. GRIM's chocobo is at capacity with him, his armor, and what he's carrying on its back.)

Later on, if you summon stronger chocobos, they might be at a Light load and utilize their full 60' movespeed, making travel much, much faster.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:30, Fri 16 Sept 2011.

DAI
 player, 1272 posts
Sat 17 Sep 2011
at 20:59
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI makes three chocobos for them to ride on for the day.
teslas
 GM, 2304 posts
Sat 17 Sep 2011
at 21:43
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The party makes comparatively good progress through the forest. The thick, deep mud which encompasses about half of what you walk over would have been extremely difficult for anything without long legs and broad feet like the chocobo's.

The forest moves from humid, dank, and hot to dry and cold then back again several times over the day. A myriad of different buzzing insects and chirping and howling animals can be heard Knowledge (Nature), though none are seen.

The path disappears and reappears a few times, but JACK manages to keep the party on a northward course. Near the end of the day, you lose the path once again but never rediscover it. There's a good chance it simply stopped altogether.

As the sun starts to set beyond the distant mountains, the noises of forest grow much, much louder around you. With a bit of luck, a large, flat rock sticking out of the ground about four inches is found, just large enough to place a tent upon.

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:49, Sun 18 Sept 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2309 posts
Sun 18 Sep 2011
at 08:53
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Just so we're clear about lighting:
Bright light means you can see just fine. Shadowy light means you can see relatively well enough to get around, although you have a 20% miss chance when striking an enemy and a penalty to spot/search checks, etc. If something is in a square with no illumination, you have to roll a Spot check to even have a chance to see them, and even if you know they are there you have a 50% when you actually try and hit them.

GRIM has Darkvision out to 60'. Anything after that and he can't see any better than any of you.

I wish there was a good way to color-code brightness, but there's not, really. Luckily the campfire puts off a decent little bit of light. REMEMBER THE RULES FOR DIAGONAL MOVEMENT; these have an effect on how far the campfire's light is shining.

The tent (t), is made of light enough material to where it doesn't really block the campfire's light all that much.



ZEIG, keeping his eyes peeled on the treeline around him, sees nothing, bot hears a stick break next to the tent... where GRIM isn't. He let's out a, "What was that?" At the same moment, GRIM turns to see a giant snake coming directly at him, mouth open.

Barely turning in time to see something slink behind the tent toward GRIM, ZEIG spins back around and notices the outlines of two humongous and extremely well-camouflaged snakes slowly slithering towards him.

Asp #1 is the only creature able to act during the surprise round.

Surprise Round:

The big snake slithers southward from behind the corner of the tent and attempts to bite GRIM, but simply can't to find a place to sink its fangs into his armor-plated body.
03:39, Today: teslas rolled 11 using 1d20+7. Asp #1 vs. GRIM.

DAI wakes up in the tent, only knowing he has recently heard an odd noise. JACK continues to doze peacefully.

Round 1:
19: Asps
18: GRIM
 8: ZEIG
 4: DAI
Zz: JACK

. = Rock
, = Dirt (neither dirt nor rock has any effect on movement or actions)
F = small campfire (Illumination: 20' bright, 40' shadowy)
t = Tent (soft corners)
T = Tree (soft corners)
R = Rock (5' tall, hard corners)
1,2,3,4 = Asps

TT,,,,,,,,,,T,,,,,,,
TT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,TT,,T,,,,,,,T,,
,,,,,TT3,,,,,,,R,,,,
,,T,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,T,,,,,,F,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,Z..4,,TTT,,,
,,TT,,,,tt.,,,TTT,,,
,,,,,,,2tt.,,,TTT,,,
,,,,,,,,,G1,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,T,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:52, Sun 18 Sept 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2310 posts
Sun 18 Sep 2011
at 09:23
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
JACK/DAI: It is a move action to crawl out of the tent. You can exit into either square on the north side of the tent. You are prone once you crawl out, and then can stand up. You can also simply attempt to stand up and tear the tent open. DC 15 Strength check to burst the canvas and ruin the tent (but so what, it's summoned). This is a Standard action. If you are holding something sharp, the Strength check lessens to DC 10. If you burst the tent, you can be in any square you like inside of it.

You can attack out of the northern flaps while inside of the tent, but you are considered prone while doing it.

Finally, you can just cut a hole (or blast one out with a spell) in the side (any square) as a Standard action (the tent canvas has DR 9 vs. bludgeoning and two hit points if you wanted to try and punch through it), and then crawl out with a Move action (and remain prone).


The same Asp beside GRIM (#1) attempts to simply coil itself around him but finds that his shield and body are too broad to easily do it.
03:57, Today: teslas rolled 7 using 1d20+6. Asp #1 Grapple vs. GRIM.
03:57, Today: teslas rolled 15 using 1d20+14. GRIM to resist grapple.


Asp #2 slinks down behind GRIM and attempts to bite him, but its fangs nearly break as they meet cold and stinky dwarven metal.
03:59, Today: teslas rolled 19 using 1d20+9. Asp #2 flanking bite vs. GRIM.

Asp #3 slithers around the fire the best it can and bites ZEIG in the neck.
04:02, Today: teslas rolled 14 using 1d20+7. #3 bite vs. ZEIG.
04:12, Today: teslas rolled 11 using 1d20+6. Asp #3 grapple vs. ZEIG.
04:34, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 14 using 1d20+2. Grapple vs. Asp #3.

04:04, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 24 using 1d20+5. Fort save vs. poison. (Correction, DC 14, but he still succeeds)
04:03, Today: teslas rolled 6 using 1d3+4. Bite damage.
It attempts to coil itself around his body, but ZEIG is able to shrug it off.

Asp #4 slithers up to ZEIG and bites him. ZEIG immediately feels as if its harder to breath after it does so.
04:13, Today: teslas rolled 7 using 1d3+4. #4 bite damage.
04:12, Today: teslas rolled 15 using 1d20+7. Asp #4 bitevs. ZEIG.
04:14, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 8 using 1d20+5. DC 14 Fort save vs. poison.
04:15, Today: teslas rolled 1 using 1d2. Poison constituion damage.

The snake then wraps its thick body around him.
04:36, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 5 using 1d20+2. ZEIG grapple vs. #4.
04:36, Today: teslas rolled 22 using 1d20+6. Asp #4 grapple vs. ZEIG.
04:37, Today: teslas rolled 5 using 1d3+4. #4 constrict damage.


Asp #4 and ZEIG are now in the same square.

So far extremely little noise has been made. I suggest you say something (or yell it) so that, 1: DAI knows what's going on, and 2: JACK wakes up.

Round 1:
19: Asps
18: GRIM
 8: ZEIG  - Flat-footed, Grappled (Asp #4)
 4: DAI   - Flat-footed, Prone
Zz: JACK  - Sleeping, Prone

. = Rock
, = Dirt (neither dirt nor rock has any effect on movement or actions)
F = small campfire (Illumination: 20' bright, 40' shadowy)
t = Tent (soft corners)
T = Tree (soft corners)
R = Rock (5' tall, hard corners)
1,2,3,4 = Asps

TT,,,,,,,,,,T,,,,,,,
TT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,TT,,T,,,,,,,T,,
,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,R,,,,
,,T,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,T,,,,,,F,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,34..,,,TTT,,,
,,TT,,,,tt.,,,TTT,,,
,,,,,,,.tt.,,,TTT,,,
,,,,,,,,2G1,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,T,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:43, Mon 19 Sept 2011.

GRIM
 player, 599 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Sun 18 Sep 2011
at 19:45
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Snakes lads! Up and at 'em." Grim yells as he moves around the tent to get at Asp #4 and attempts to get it off of Zeig. Powerattacking for 5.

14:44, Today: GRIM rolled 21 using 1d10+12. Waraxe damage (with PA).
14:44, Today: GRIM rolled 23 using 1d20+7. Waraxe attack (With PA).

teslas
 GM, 2313 posts
Mon 19 Sep 2011
at 08:05
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
GRIM's shout wakes JACK up and he and starts to shake his dream out of his head, taking in all of what he can see and hear.

Asp #'s 1 and 2 both attempt to bite GRIM as he walks away from them, their teeth merely clanking against his armor and shield.
03:03, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20+9. Asp #2 flanking AoO vs. GRIM.
03:03, Today: teslas rolled 20 using 1d20+9. Asp #1 flanking AoO vs. GRIM.


The dwarven waraxe nearly cuts asp #4 in two where GRIM strikes it, but it does not release its hold on ZEIG.

Round 1:
19: Asps
18: GRIM
 8: ZEIG  - Grappled (Asp #4)
 6: JACK  - Flat-footed, Prone - DOES NOT ACT THIS ROUND
 4: DAI   - Flat-footed, Prone

. = Rock
, = Dirt (neither dirt nor rock has any effect on movement or actions)
F = small campfire (Illumination: 20' bright, 40' shadowy)
t = Tent (soft corners)
T = Tree (soft corners)
R = Rock (5' tall, hard corners)
1,2,3,4 = Asps

TT,,,,,,,,,,T,,,,,,,
TT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,TT,,T,,,,,,,T,,
,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,R,,,,
,,T,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,T,,,,,,F,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,34G.,,,TTT,,,
,,TT,,,,tt.,,,TTT,,,
,,,,,,,.tt.,,,TTT,,,
,,,,,,,,2,1,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,T,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:12, Mon 19 Sept 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1337 posts
 White Mage
Mon 19 Sep 2011
at 17:18
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Zeig yells out in pain and yells "SNAKES" as he tries to wriggle free of the one on top of him.

13:14, Today: ZEIG rolled 11 using 1d20+2. Grapple vs. #4.
teslas
 GM, 2315 posts
Mon 19 Sep 2011
at 19:35
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
ZEIG cannot break free from the large snake's hold.
14:33, Today: teslas rolled 24 using 1d20+6. Asp #3 grapple vs. ZEIG.
Round 1:
19: Asps
18: GRIM
 8: ZEIG  - Grappled (Asp #4)
 6: JACK  - Flat-footed, Prone - DOES NOT ACT THIS ROUND
 4: DAI   - Prone

DAI
 player, 1273 posts
Mon 19 Sep 2011
at 20:10
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI looks out the northen flap, seeing the engulfed ZEIG. "Snakes...just perfect." He begins aiming a spell at the Snake that GRIM had just attacked, but decided the risk of hitting ZEIG was too high, and aimed his blasts of magical stones at Asp #3 instead(firing from the upper right square of the tent). He then crawls away from the opening a bit, deciding that staying where a snake could reach him was not preferrable.

13:08, Today: DAI rolled 20 using 2d12+8. Earth Damage PBS vs Asp 3.
13:08, Today: DAI rolled 21 using 1d20+6. Stone RTA PBS vs Asp 3.
Creat rough terrain in the squares to the left, and above it.


GM edit-
Fixed your dice roll color from orange to red.
Please remember to include your MP total when you cast spells.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:24, Mon 19 Sept 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2316 posts
Mon 19 Sep 2011
at 22:38
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The flaps of the tent are not open. 20% miss chance for firing at a silhouette due to partial concealment.
17:20, Today: teslas, on behalf of DAI, rolled 11 using 1d100. 20% miss chance.

DAI's spell rips through the tent, destroying the northwestern corner. He misjudges his target slightly, only being able to aim at its shadow against the canvas. You can now see Asp #3, and now you can crawl out into the northwestern square as well.
Break DC for tent reduced by 2. (DC 13 for simply standing up inside of it, DC 8 with a sharp object.)

Asp #1 slithers up to the south of GRIM and fails to sink its teeth into him yet again.
17:27, Today: teslas rolled 20 using 1d20+7. Asp #1 bite vs. GRIM.

Asp #2 gives up its attempts to subdue GRIM and moves northward to bite ZEIG.
17:30, Today: teslas rolled 15 using 1d20+5. DC 14 Fortitude vs. poison.
17:29, Today: teslas rolled 7 using 1d3+4. bite damage.
17:29, Today: teslas rolled 14 using 1d20+7. Asp #2 bite vs. ZEIG.

Its poison has no initial effect.

Asp #3 bites ZEIG again.
17:34, Today: teslas rolled 2 using 1d2. constitution damage.
17:34, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 8 using 1d20+5. DC 14 Fort save vs. poison.
17:33, Today: teslas rolled 5 using 1d3+4. bite damage.
17:33, Today: teslas rolled 14 using 1d20+7. Asp #3 bite vs. ZEIG.


Asp #4 lessens its grip on ZEIG for a moment after GRIM's strike, then tightens it once again. Given this moment of reprieve, ZEIG is able to reposition himself to mitigate the crushing force against his rib cage.
17:37, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 18 using 1d20+2. grapple vs. #4.
17:36, Today: teslas rolled 17 using 1d20+6. Asp #4 grapple vs. ZEIG.


Round 2:
19: Asp
18: GRIM
 8: ZEIG  - Grappled (Asp #4)
 6: JACK  - Flat-footed, Prone
 4: DAI   - Prone

. = Rock
, = Dirt (neither dirt nor rock has any effect on movement or actions)
F = small campfire (Illumination: 20' bright, 40' shadowy)
t = Tent (soft corners)
T = Tree (soft corners)
R = Rock (5' tall, hard corners)
1,2,3,4 = Asps

TT,,,,,,,,,,T,,,,,,,
TT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,TT,,T,,,,,,,T,,
,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,R,,,,
,,T,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,T,,,,,,F,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,34G.,,,TTT,,,
,,TT,,,2tt1,,,TTT,,,
,,,,,,,.tt.,,,TTT,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,T,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:43, Mon 19 Sept 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2318 posts
Mon 19 Sep 2011
at 23:18
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Instructions received from Vil/GRIM via text message.

GRIM lets loose another swing of his axe, cutting the snake off of ZEIG as if cutting rope off of someone.
18:12, Today: teslas, on behalf of GRIM, rolled 18 using 1d10+12. axe damage (PA 5).
18:12, Today: teslas, on behalf of GRIM, rolled 21 using 1d20+7. Axe vs. Asp #4 (PA 5).

He then spins, keeping the momentum, and cuts at the asp behind him (#1), but misses awkwardly due to the force of his first swing.
18:15, Today: teslas, on behalf of GRIM, rolled 11 using 1d20+2. Axe vs. Asp #1 (PA 5, second attack).
With ZEIG freed, he takes a 5' step to the northwest, ready to grab (Cover) ZEIG and move him out of harm's way.

Round 2:
19: Asp
18: GRIM
 8: ZEIG
 6: JACK  - Flat-footed, Prone
 4: DAI   - Prone

. = Rock
, = Dirt (neither dirt nor rock has any effect on movement or actions)
F = small campfire (Illumination: 20' bright, 40' shadowy)
t = Tent (soft corners)
T = Tree (soft corners)
R = Rock (5' tall, hard corners)
1,2,3,4 = Asps

TT,,,,,,,,,,T,,,,,,,
TT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,TT,,T,,,,,,,T,,
,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,R,,,,
,,T,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,T,,,,,,FG,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,3Z..,,,TTT,,,
,,TT,,,2tt1,,,TTT,,,
,,,,,,,.tt.,,,TTT,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,T,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:18, Mon 19 Sept 2011.

ZEIG
 player, 1338 posts
 White Mage
Mon 19 Sep 2011
at 23:54
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Zeig attempts to move to the other side of the fire.  As the asps lunge for him Grim grabs him and they swap places.  Zeig ends on the northern side of the fire and casts a familiar spell on himself as his eyes glow blue.

19:53, Today: ZEIG rolled 12 using 1d8+6. DS - Cure I - ZEIG. (18) (19) MP:52/53

GM edit-
You forgot your Physician, Heal Thyself class ability. This puts it up to 19 points of healing. Every little bit helps (and later it's A LOT of bit).

Also, remember to include that MP total in your spell rolls, damnit

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:14, Tue 20 Sept 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2319 posts
Tue 20 Sep 2011
at 00:16
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Round 2:
19: Asp
18: GRIM
 8: ZEIG
 6: JACK  - Prone
 4: DAI   - Prone

. = Rock
, = Dirt (neither dirt nor rock has any effect on movement or actions)
F = small campfire (Illumination: 20' bright, 40' shadowy)
t = Tent (soft corners)
T = Tree (soft corners)
R = Rock (5' tall, hard corners)
1,2,3,4 = Asps

TT,,,,,,,,,,T,,,,,,,
TT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,TT,,T,,,,,,,T,,
,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,R,,,,
,,T,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,T,,,,,,FZ,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,3G..,,,TTT,,,
,,TT,,,2tt1,,,TTT,,,
,,,,,,,.tt.,,,TTT,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,T,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

JACK
 player, 1130 posts
Tue 20 Sep 2011
at 00:33
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack pops out of the tent right next to Grim, flips up onto his feet (Boots of Agile Leaping) and attacks snake 1.

20:32, Today: JACK rolled 8 using 1d8+5 with rolls of 3. Damage 2. +1 Lightning damage.
20:32, Today: JACK rolled 7 using 1d8+5 with rolls of 2. Damage 1. +1 Lightning damage.
20:31, Today: JACK rolled 14 using 1d20+9 with rolls of 5. Attack 2.
20:31, Today: JACK rolled 14 using 1d20+9 with rolls of 5. Attack 1.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:34, Tue 20 Sept 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2320 posts
Tue 20 Sep 2011
at 01:50
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
JACK comes rolling out of the tent onto his feet. This impressive and articulate control of his body in such little time is only matched by how impressively easy it looks for the snake to evade both blows.

Dude. 5's? Both of them? RPoL fucking hates you so much.

Round 2:
19: Asp
18: GRIM
 8: ZEIG
 6: JACK
 4: DAI   - Prone

. = Rock
, = Dirt (neither dirt nor rock has any effect on movement or actions)
F = small campfire (Illumination: 20' bright, 40' shadowy)
t = Tent (soft corners)
T = Tree (soft corners)
R = Rock (5' tall, hard corners)
1,2,3,4 = Asps

TT,,,,,,,,,,T,,,,,,,
TT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,TT,,T,,,,,,,T,,
,,,,,TT,,,,,,,,R,,,,
,,T,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,T,,,,,,FZ,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,3GJ.,,,TTT,,,
,,TT,,,2tt1,,,TTT,,,
,,,,,,,.tt.,,,TTT,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,,,,,T,,,,
,,TT,,,,,,,TTT,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DAI
 player, 1276 posts
Tue 20 Sep 2011
at 01:57
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI shoots out the hole me already made, with a rather flimsy stone spear.

18:56, Today: DAI rolled 10 using 2d12+8. Stone PBS vs Asp 3.
18:56, Today: DAI rolled 17 using 1d20+6. Stone RTA PBS vs Asp 3.
Damn, both 1's...a 1/144 chance >.> Anyways, rough terrain above and left of Asp 3

teslas
 GM, 2321 posts
Tue 20 Sep 2011
at 02:19