Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1.   Posted by teslas.Group: 0
ZEIG
 player, 1345 posts
 White Mage
Fri 23 Sep 2011
at 02:37
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"Yea, let's just move camp.  I'm feelin' woozy."
teslas
 GM, 2341 posts
Mon 26 Sep 2011
at 23:47
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
JACK, roll three Survival checks to attempt to remove the poison glands from the snakes.

DC 20 removes both. DC 15 removes one. Failing by 5 or more requires a Reflex save (DC 10) or you expose yourself to the poison.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:47, Mon 26 Sept 2011.

JACK
 player, 1139 posts
Tue 27 Sep 2011
at 02:02
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack removes 4 glands successfully, but almost poisons himself on the last snake.

22:01, Today: JACK rolled 13 using 1d20+8 with rolls of 5. Reflex.
22:00, Today: JACK rolled 21 using 1d20+6 with rolls of 15. Survival.
22:00, Today: JACK rolled 7 using 1d20+6 with rolls of 1. Survival.
22:00, Today: JACK rolled 23 using 1d20+6 with rolls of 17. Survival.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:03, Tue 27 Sept 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2347 posts
Wed 5 Oct 2011
at 01:15
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
JACK turns over the poison glands to ZEIG and DAI and wipes his hands off on some leaves, then simply lays on top of the now-collapsed tent and finishes his rest.

The night ends without incident, and the party all in all sets out relatively refreshed. ZEIG is still feeling a little under the weather by residual trauma from the venom, but he assures everyone he should be fine to move and by tomorrow will be over it altogether. Travel departure is slowed by only about a half an hour due to the previous night's serpentine festivities.

DAI's decision on chocobs once again, same as the last.
DAI
 player, 1285 posts
Wed 5 Oct 2011
at 01:20
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI makes a single chocobo for GRIM, using the energy stored in his circlet so he doesn't drain his own reserves. After this he is ready to set off.
JACK
 player, 1141 posts
Wed 5 Oct 2011
at 01:24
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack packs up and sets off.
teslas
 GM, 2349 posts
Wed 5 Oct 2011
at 01:39
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
GRIM climbs up on his chocobo and the party sets off. The weather is unchanged from the previous day it seems.

Decent progress is made through the forest, though it's nowhere as fast as the day before with a full compliment of chocobos for everyone. The good news is that the map suggests the swampier parts of the central forest should be at an end. The bad news is that everyone but GRIM has mud caked into their clothing and onto their skin up to their knees.

Giant tracks have become no less numerous, and now that the party has seen the large snakes native to the region, he does notice some of their smooth paths across the mud as well.

Camp is set up as normal. Tent pulled from the Survival Pouch. A camp fire will be pulled as the sun is going down so that it persists through the 8 darkest hours of night.

ZEIG complains he has no time to clean his robes properly, as he wants to attempt to make a potion when he awakens from his short rest.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:45, Wed 05 Oct 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2351 posts
Wed 5 Oct 2011
at 01:52
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI gets to work cleaning everyone's clothing (apart from ZEIG's, who is sleeping in them).
GRIM
 player, 603 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Wed 5 Oct 2011
at 20:41
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Grim helps sets up the tent and the campsite.
teslas
 GM, 2354 posts
Wed 5 Oct 2011
at 21:03
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The night begins rather pleasantly. ZEIG quickly cleans off his robes and then gets to work making a potion. JACK wakes up GRIM as normal and helps him put his armor on.

21:43, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 23 using 1d20+13. DC 20 Craft (alch) for Restore. This will come into effect after the following events, assuming ZEIG is still alive.

GRIM hears rustling in the bushes behind a near the camp. They are orange on the map. ZEIG is too absorbed in his work to notice. DAI and JACK are slumbering away peacefully.

After the last attack in the middle of the night, the flap of the tent has been left open, and the party has slit the bottom of the back-side of the tent so that you can crawl out of there as well (though you cannot see through it).

Remember, it is dark currently. Keep in mind the effects that this might have on what you can see.

T = Tree (soft corners)
t = tent (soft corners)
F = campfire (Illumination: 20' bright, 40' shadowy)
o = bush (difficult terrain DC 15 STR check to ignore movement cost penalty as a free action, can drop prone inside for total concealment)

.........................
...TTT.......ooo...TT....
oo.TTT...o....oo...TT....
oo.TTT...o...............
...........F....T........
.....o....Z..G........TT.
T..........tt.....ooo.TT.
T.....T....tt............
.....o.......oo..........
.o....o......o.....TT.o..
.....TT............TTooo.
.....TT....TTT........o..
..o........TTT....o......

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:00, Fri 07 Oct 2011.

GRIM
 player, 605 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Thu 6 Oct 2011
at 03:08
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Grim grabs his axe and shield. "Wake, lads!" he yells as he peers in the direction of the rustling.
teslas
 GM, 2358 posts
Thu 6 Oct 2011
at 03:13
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Everyone wakes up, ZEIG fumbles to get his work into a state that he can leave it. Six seconds have passed.

The rustling in the bushes stops, and GRIM takes a harder look toward that direction with this dwarven eyes. He thinks he might be able to make out a pair of large, giant-sized shoulders slumped over, kneeling in the bushes.
22:11, Today: teslas, on behalf of GRIM, rolled 20 using 1d20+2. Spot.

Everyone can take one round of actions. ZEIG spends his setting down his alchemy supplies as gently as he can.
JACK
 player, 1144 posts
Thu 6 Oct 2011
at 03:20
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Jack repeats his performance from the previous battle, jumping through the tent flap and flipping to his feats, before he tries to locate his foes.

23:20, Today: JACK rolled 5 using 1d20 with rolls of 5. Listen.
23:20, Today: JACK rolled 13 using 1d20 with rolls of 13. Spot.

DAI
 player, 1292 posts
Thu 6 Oct 2011
at 03:38
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI decides that combat is almost certain to come, so he crawls out of the tent and stands up while getting his wand of Aero handy.
teslas
 GM, 2364 posts
Fri 7 Oct 2011
at 18:56
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
GRIM's beard itches very badly, so he spends six seconds scratching it with the edge of his shield.

A large voice from the bushes says, "No move no more. Stay. You in our place now. You must give us elf money, or we punish."

T = Tree (soft corners)
t = tent (soft corners)
F = campfire (Illumination: 20' bright, 40' shadowy)
o = bush (difficult terrain DC 15 STR check to ignore movement cost penalty as a free action, can drop prone inside for total concealment)

.........................
...TTT.......ooo...TT....
oo.TTT...o....oo...TT....
oo.TTT...o...............
...........F....T........
.....o....ZJDG........TT.
T..........tt.....ooo.TT.
T.....T....tt............
.....o.......oo..........
.o....o......o.....TT.o..
.....TT............TTooo.
.....TT....TTT........o..
..o........TTT....o......

DAI
 player, 1301 posts
Sat 8 Oct 2011
at 00:11
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"And if we don't have any elf money?"

DAI says, trying to see if there were any others nearby.

17:10, Today: DAI rolled 12 using 1d20+1. spot.
17:10, Today: DAI rolled 17 using 1d20+1. Listen.


GM Skill Check Edit-

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:13, Sat 08 Oct 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2366 posts
Sat 8 Oct 2011
at 00:14
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
It answers, somewhat angrily, "Then you give another thing, or are lie telling."
DAI
 player, 1302 posts
Sat 8 Oct 2011
at 00:23
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
I would like to roll Init(gonna trust you over my own rolls), and then attempt to cast Sleepga in the general area of those bushes with an elemental seal on it. This is liable to change if I act lower on Init and certain things happen.

Just noting that Ice and Lightning Armor are still set up, beyond the first activation I will make sure to notify, otherwise don't.

GRIM
 player, 607 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Sat 8 Oct 2011
at 01:06
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
"How about YOU give us elf money?" Grim answers back.
teslas
 GM, 2370 posts
Sat 8 Oct 2011
at 01:58
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
GRIM's words are largely ignored as DAI readies himself to cast a spell, and JACK steps up onto the balls of his toes to begin to charge at the bushes.

Round 1:
15: giant #1
13: giant #2
11: goblins (3,4,5)
11: DAI
 9: GRIM
 8: JACK
 7: ZEIG

T = Tree (soft corners)
t = tent (soft corners)
F = campfire (Illumination: 20' bright, 40' shadowy)
o = bush (difficult terrain DC 15 STR check to ignore movement cost penalty as a free action, can drop prone inside for total concealment)

.........................
...TTT.......ooo...TT....
oo.TTT...o....oo...TT....
oo.TTT...o...............
...........F....T........
.....o....ZJDG........TT.
T..........tt.....ooo.TT.
T.....T....tt............
.....o.......oo..........
.o....o......o.....TT.o..
.....TT............TTooo.
.....TT....TTT........o..
..o........TTT....o......

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:59, Sat 08 Oct 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2371 posts
Sat 8 Oct 2011
at 02:21
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
The giant doing the talking stands up from the bushes. He looks directly at GRIM, and launches a bolt of lightning at him from an outstretched hand. In the flash, it looks as if he has a club hanging from his belt and is holding something in his other hand.
21:09, Today: teslas rolled 16 using 1d20+8. giant RTA vs. GRIM.
21:10, Today: teslas rolled 20,2 using 3d8+5,d6. damage.


A second giant comes rushing up from the woods (double move) holding a stone greatclub in two hands, just as the giants you've seen before, though its clothing and trinkets it wears is slightly different.

Three goblins, looking markedly different from the goblins seen near Cornelia, also stand up from inside bushes around the camp, lob daggers at the party, then drop back down prone. Their skin looks like a much darker grey than green as normal.
21:14, Today: teslas rolled 4,6 using 1d3+1,1d6. damage.
21:14, Today: teslas rolled 19 using 1d20+7. #3 thrown dagger vs. ZEIG.

21:15, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 23 using 1d20+5. DC 15 Fort vs. Poison.
21:17, Today: teslas rolled 12 using 1d20+9. #4 thrown dagger vs. JACK.
21:18, Today: teslas rolled 3,6 using 1d3+1,1d6. damage.
21:18, Today: teslas rolled 26 using 1d20+9. #5 thrown dagger vs. DAI.

21:19, Today: teslas, on behalf of DAI, rolled 20 using 1d20+5. DC 15 Fort vs. Poison.
DAI and ZEIG have daggers land into their backsides, caught unprepared for the attack. They feel a distinct burning at the site of the wound, though suffer no other effects. JACK instinctively ducks out of the way as the dagger slices through the tent behind him.

It is not easy to see, but italicized enemies (or players) are standing on top of or prone inside bushes. Also keep in mind that Giant #2 and Goblin #3 are more than 20' away from the fire, so are in shadowy illumination, netting a 20% miss chance (unless you're a god damned dorf).

Round 1:
15: giant #1
13: giant #2
11: goblins (3,4,5) - total concealment, prone
11: DAI 
 9: GRIM
 8: JACK
 7: ZEIG

T = Tree (soft corners)
t = tent (soft corners)
F = campfire (Illumination: 20' bright, 40' shadowy)
o = bush (difficult terrain DC 15 STR check to ignore movement cost penalty as a free action, can drop prone inside for total concealment)

.........................
...TTT.......5oo...TT....
oo.TTT...4....oo...TT....
oo.TTT...o...............
...........F....T........
.....3....ZJDG........TT.
T..........tt.....ooo.TT.
T.....T....tt............
.....o.......oo22........
.o....o......o.22..TT.11.
.....TT............TTo11.
.....TT....TTT........o..
..o........TTT....o......

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:26, Sat 08 Oct 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2373 posts
Sat 8 Oct 2011
at 02:37
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
21:35, Today: teslas, on behalf of DAI, rolled 20 using 1d20+13. dito.
21:35, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 22 using 1d20+11. Spellcraft to identify giant's spell.

DAI
 player, 1303 posts
Sat 8 Oct 2011
at 02:40
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI does a few quick gestures with his free hand as he throws a spell at the first Giant, hoping to put him and his lightning powers to rest. He then steps north 5ft, trying to keep the small armored shell between himself and the giant stone club. "Okay, so....goblins with poison? Or Giants with big sticks and lightning? I say focus on the big guys first, personally."

Casting Sleepga on Giant 1(area not big enough for both, sadly) with Elemental Seal on it. DC 22 Will Save to avoid sleep status for 4 rounds. MP 37/54
teslas
 GM, 2374 posts
Sat 8 Oct 2011
at 02:50
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
DAI lets loose the spell, but isn't quite sure if it took effect.

Round 1:
15: giant #1
13: giant #2
11: goblins (3,4,5) - total concealment, prone
11: DAI 
 9: GRIM
 8: JACK            - flat-footed
 7: ZEIG            - flat-footed

T = Tree (soft corners)
t = tent (soft corners)
F = campfire (Illumination: 20' bright, 40' shadowy)
o = bush (difficult terrain DC 15 STR check to ignore movement cost penalty as a free action, can drop prone inside for total concealment)

.........................
...TTT.......5oo...TT....
oo.TTT...4....oo...TT....
oo.TTT...o...............
...........FD...T........
.....3....ZJ.G........TT.
T..........tt.....ooo.TT.
T.....T....tt............
.....o.......oo22........
.o....o......o.22..TT.11.
.....TT............TTo11.
.....TT....TTT........o..
..o........TTT....o......

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:18, Sat 08 Oct 2011.

GRIM
 player, 608 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Sat 8 Oct 2011
at 04:28
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1
Grim uses Provoke on Giant #2 and charges north towards Goblin #5. Powerattacking for 4. He slashes down with his axe upon the goblin's prone form.

23:28, Today: GRIM rolled 16 using 1d10+11. Waraxe damage (with PA).
23:27, Today: GRIM rolled 26 using 1d20+10. Waraxe attack (With PA) and Charge.


GM Edit-
50% miss chance.

03:03, Today: teslas, on behalf of GRIM, rolled 2 using 1d2. 1 = miss.
15:16, Today: teslas, on behalf of GRIM, rolled 29 using 1d20+11. Axe vs. #5 charge, PA(4), +1 racial. Don't forget your +1 racial bonus to goblinoids.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:17, Sat 08 Oct 2011.