Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #1.   Posted by teslas.Group: 0
LEO
 player, 10 posts
Sun 13 Nov 2011
at 04:55
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
Leo draws his rapier, and stays right where he is.

[OOC] You can cast spells with a sword in your hand, right? I'm not using the shield, so I have at least 1 hand free.
teslas
 GM, 2514 posts
Sun 13 Nov 2011
at 12:28
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
Two of the lights under the surface make their way to the shore at a surprisingly fast rate. Two humanoid forms lumber out of the water and onto the bank. Their skin is discolored, their features are distorted, and their clothes are mostly rotted.

Immediately a stench of diseased and rotting flesh hits everyone's noses, though everyone is able to keep their composure.
06:24, Today: teslas, on behalf of GRIM, rolled 16 using 1d20+13. DC 15 Fortitude vs. Stench.
06:24, Today: teslas, on behalf of LEO, rolled 18 using 1d20+9. DC 15 Fortitude vs. Stench.
06:23, Today: teslas, on behalf of DAI, rolled 22 using 1d20+7. DC 15 Fortitude vs. Stench.
06:23, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 15 using 1d20+6. DC 15 Fortitude vs. Stench.
06:22, Today: teslas, on behalf of JACK, rolled 18 using 1d20+11. DC 15 Fortitude vs. Stench.


The chocobos immediately bolt off into the tall grass as fast as they can.

Round 1:
21: 1,2
17: Chocobos
16: LEO
12: 3,4,5,6
12: GRIM    - Flat-footed
11: JACK    - Flat-footed
 4: DAI     - Flat-footed
 2: ZEIG    - Flat-footed


~ = water
. = dirt/short grass
, = tall grass

The water gets gradually deeper at about a rate of 2' per 5' of distance away from the bank. The tall grass does not hinder your movement at all, but something could probably very easy hide in it if they drop prone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~4~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~3~~~~~~5~~~~6~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
........J..1......
.,..2.DZG....,....
,,,,.,,,.L.,,,,.,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:43, Sun 13 Nov 2011.

LEO
 player, 16 posts
Sun 13 Nov 2011
at 12:44
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
Leo raises his free hand towards "thing" number 2, and attempts to force it to the earth.

I'm casting Gravity on Thing 2.
teslas
 GM, 2516 posts
Sun 13 Nov 2011
at 12:55
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
#1 almost drops to a knee after LEO's spell.

LEO, you still have a Move action left.

Round 1:
21: 1
21: 2       - Gravity, ending on LEO's turn, Round 5
17: Chocobos
16: LEO
12: 3,4,5,6
12: GRIM    - Flat-footed
11: JACK    - Flat-footed
 4: DAI     - Flat-footed
 2: ZEIG    - Flat-footed

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:55, Sun 13 Nov 2011.

LEO
 player, 17 posts
Sun 13 Nov 2011
at 12:59
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
Leo turns towards thing 1 and gracefully performs the same spell, but twice as fast.

Fast-cast Gravity on #1. DC 19. MP 5/24

EDIT: That uses my swift. With my move, I'll draw my potion of Protection from Evil.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:01, Sun 13 Nov 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2517 posts
Sun 13 Nov 2011
at 13:03
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
The other creature does much the same thing from LEO's spell.

Four more creatures exit the water. The stench does not increase, but they look much like the first two.

Creature #3 walks out of the water and approaches DAI.

Creature #4 does the same thing, making it to DAI and ZEIG.

Creature #5 stands up from the water and quickly steps forward, and swipes at JACK, yelling at him in some sort of language, gurgling.
07:12, Today: teslas rolled 21 using 1d20+3. #5 claw vs. JACK.
07:12, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d3+1. claw damage.

JACK feels an odd sensation radiate across his body from the wound, but is able to shake it off.
07:13, Today: teslas, on behalf of JACK, rolled 16 using 1d20+11. DC 12 Fortitude.
The creature's hand has elongated fingernails as well as bits of exposed and sharpened bone.

Creature #6 comes onto the shore.

Round 1:
21: 1       - Gravity, ending on LEO's turn, Round 5
21: 2       - Gravity, ending on LEO's turn, Round 5
17: Chocobos
16: LEO
12: 3,4,5,6
12: GRIM
11: JACK    - Flat-footed
 4: DAI     - Flat-footed
 2: ZEIG    - Flat-footed


~ = water
. = dirt/short grass
, = tall grass

The water gets gradually deeper at about a rate of 2' per 5' of distance away from the bank. The tall grass does not hinder your movement at all, but something could probably very easy hide in it if they drop prone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~5~~~~~~~~~
.....34.J..1......
.,..2.DZG..6.,....
,,,,.,,,.L.,,,,.,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:27, Sun 13 Nov 2011.

GRIM
 player, 622 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Mon 14 Nov 2011
at 00:19
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
Grim moves in front of Zeig and swings upon the creature nearest him. He will also provoke the creature to the far left in hopes to get it to attack him than the mages.

Swift: Provoke on Zombie #2.
Movement: 5-foot step NW
Standard: Full-attack on Zombie #4


18:19, Today: GRIM rolled 8 using 1d10+7. Waraxe damage - 2nd.
18:19, Today: GRIM rolled 15 using 1d10+7. Waraxe damage - 1st.
18:19, Today: GRIM rolled 11 using 1d20+7. Waraxe attack - 2nd.
18:18, Today: GRIM rolled 21 using 1d20+12. Waraxe attack - 1st.

teslas
 GM, 2519 posts
Mon 14 Nov 2011
at 00:53
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
GRIM chops two large chunks of #4 off into the water. While it does seem angered by this, it does not flinch with pain.

#2 bears disturbingly large and sharp teeth set in a mouth with no visible gums at GRIM, though it does not appear especially enraged.

Round 1:
21: 1       - Gravity, ending on LEO's turn, Round 5
21: 2       - Gravity, ending on LEO's turn, Round 5
17: Chocobos
16: LEO
12: 3,4,5,6
12: GRIM
11: JACK
 4: DAI     - Flat-footed
 2: ZEIG    - Flat-footed


~ = water
. = dirt/short grass
, = tall grass

The water gets gradually deeper at about a rate of 2' per 5' of distance away from the bank. The tall grass does not hinder your movement at all, but something could probably very easy hide in it if they drop prone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~5~~~~~~~~~
.....34GJ..1......
.,..2.DZ...6.,....
,,,,.,,,.L.,,,,.,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

JACK
 player, 1205 posts
Mon 14 Nov 2011
at 01:44
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
Jack takes a 5 foot step (up and to the left) and attacks # 4. If the first attack kills it, he aims the second at #5.

20:43, Today: JACK rolled 12 using 1d8+5 with rolls of 7. Damage 2. +1 Lightning damage.
20:43, Today: JACK rolled 13 using 1d8+5 with rolls of 8. Damage 1. +1 Lightning damage.
20:43, Today: JACK rolled 20 using 1d20+10 with rolls of 10. Attack 2 (#4).
20:43, Today: JACK rolled 28 using 1d20+10 with rolls of 18. Attack 1 (#4).

This message was last edited by the player at 01:49, Mon 14 Nov 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2520 posts
Mon 14 Nov 2011
at 01:54
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
JACK splashes into the water up a bit above his ankles and smashes #4's skull. It flops to the ground. He then turns to the creature that yelled (#5) and slams into it.

Round 1:
21: 1       - Gravity, ending on LEO's turn, Round 5
21: 2       - Gravity, ending on LEO's turn, Round 5
17: Chocobos
16: LEO
12: 3,5,6
12: GRIM
11: JACK
 4: DAI
 2: ZEIG    - Flat-footed


~ = water
. = dirt/short grass
, = tall grass

The water gets gradually deeper at about a rate of 2' per 5' of distance away from the bank. The tall grass does not hinder your movement at all, but something could probably very easy hide in it if they drop prone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~J5~~~~~~~~~
.....3.G...1......
.,..2.DZ...6.,....
,,,,.,,,.L.,,,,.,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DAI
 player, 1368 posts
Mon 14 Nov 2011
at 03:25
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
DAI throws up his arms, as nearby earth flies and attaches to him at vital areas. Now clad in stone, DAI turns his attention to the side, and fires a blast of Stone at thing 1.

Elemental Armor 1 MP, remaining 44/54
19:22, Today: DAI rolled 2 using 1d4. MP reduction Elemental Armor.
19:21, Today: DAI rolled 12 using 1d20. 11-13 conserve MP 15%.

Stone 1 MP, remaining 43/54
19:23, Today: DAI rolled 23 using 2d12+9. Stone Damage(PBS).
19:23, Today: DAI rolled 15 using 1d20+6. Stone(PBS)(RTA) vs thing 1
Create rough terrain down-left and below it.


OOC: Took a 10 on concentration checks(love that feat) so no need to roll any.

Due to earthsday bonus being doubled, Natural Armor +2 from Earth Armor, and DR 4/Magic

teslas
 GM, 2521 posts
Mon 14 Nov 2011
at 16:53
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
DAI's rocks slam into #1, breaking bones.

ZEIG wastes no time in casting Harm (MP: 42/53).
10:38, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 8 using 1d8+5. Harm damage.
Base DC 15 Will save vs. being destroyed.

#5 and #1 immediately explode into dust while a yellow-white light washes over the rest, dissolving parts of their skin. He then stays where he is, content to be sandwiched between the dwarf and the black mage.

#2 lumbers toward ZEIG, straining to move, then attempts to bite him.
10:45, Today: teslas rolled 18 using 1d20+1. #1 STR check vs. Gravity.
GRIM jerks ZEIG out of the way and easily deflects the attack with his shield. Cover
10:46, Today: teslas rolled 11 using 1d20+3. #1 bite vs. GRIM.

The lake begins to faintly glow once again, but not as brightly as before.

Round 2:
21: 2       - Gravity, ending on LEO's turn, Round 5
16: LEO
12: 3, 6
12: GRIM
11: JACK
 4: DAI
 2: ZEIG


~ = water
. = dirt/short grass
, = tall grass
☼ = magical difficult terrain

The water gets gradually deeper at about a rate of 2' per 5' of distance away from the bank. The tall grass does not hinder your movement at all, but something could probably very easy hide in it if they drop prone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~J~~~~~~~~~~
.....3.Z..........
.,....DG..☼6.,....
,,,,.,2..L.,,,,.,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:02, Mon 14 Nov 2011.

LEO
 player, 20 posts
Mon 14 Nov 2011
at 17:57
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
Leo immediately chugs the potion in his hand (dropping the empty bottle afterward), then calls out to the things.



As he speaks, he once again tries to force one of these things to the earth.

Fast-Casting Gravity on Thing 6. MP 2/24, DC 19.

[OOC: Yeah, editing for fast casting.]

This message was last edited by the player at 18:05, Mon 14 Nov 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2524 posts
Mon 14 Nov 2011
at 19:39
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
#6 looks heavily encumbered as well.

Both #3 and #6 dart their looks toward LEO then nearly scream in unison in the same language, though the end of what #3 says is a little obscured as it attempts to bite DAI.

#3 tears at DAI with two claws and then follows it up with a bite.
13:29, Today: teslas rolled 19 using 1d20+3. #3 bite vs. DAI.
13:28, Today: teslas rolled 12 using 1d20+1. #3 claw 2 vs. DAI.
13:28, Today: teslas rolled 17 using 1d20+1. #3 claw 1 vs. DAI.
13:31, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d6+2. bite damage.
13:31, Today: teslas rolled 4 using 1d3+1. claw 1 damage.

13:32, Today: teslas, on behalf of DAI, rolled 14 using 1d20+7. Fortitude vs. bite.
13:32, Today: teslas, on behalf of DAI, rolled 10 using 1d20+7. Fortitude vs. claw.

DAI's magical armor stops all of the damage. Despite this, the site of the claw strike feels numb. He attempts to turn his head downward to look at it but finds himself completely unable to move.

#6 attempts to move toward LEO as it is yelling, but cannot pick its feet up from the ground.
13:37, Today: teslas rolled 9 using 1d20. #6 STR check vs. Gravity.
It continues to struggle toward LEO marginally more successfuly, barely making it to him.
13:38, Today: teslas rolled 14 using 1d20. #6 STR check vs. Gravity.

Round 2:
21: 2       - Gravity, ending on LEO's turn, Round 5
16: LEO
12: 3
12: 6       - Gravity, ending on LEO's turn, Round 6
12: GRIM
11: JACK
 4: DAI     - Paralyzed
 2: ZEIG


~ = water
. = dirt/short grass
, = tall grass
☼ = magical difficult terrain

The water gets gradually deeper at about a rate of 2' per 5' of distance away from the bank. The tall grass does not hinder your movement at all, but something could probably very easy hide in it if they drop prone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~J~~~~~~~~~~
.....3.Z..........
.,....DG..☼☼..,....
,,,,.,2..L6,,,,.,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:47, Mon 14 Nov 2011.

GRIM
 player, 623 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Mon 14 Nov 2011
at 23:28
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
Grim moves north of Dai and tries to get the heat off him.

Free: "Lads! Dere be more out there, hundreds!"
Move: 5-foot step NW
Standard: Full attack on #3. Power Attack for 3.


17:27, Today: GRIM rolled 13 using 1d10+10. Waraxe damage (with PA) - 2nd against Zombie #3.
17:27, Today: GRIM rolled 14 using 1d10+10. Waraxe damage (with PA) - 1st against Zombie #3.
17:26, Today: GRIM rolled 16 using 1d20+4. Waraxe attack (with PA) - 2nd against Zombie #3.
17:26, Today: GRIM rolled 18 using 1d20+9. Waraxe attack (with PA) - 1st against Zombie #3.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:33, Mon 14 Nov 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2528 posts
Mon 14 Nov 2011
at 23:57
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
GRIM beats down #2 where it stands as if it were a large piece of soft wood. *snicker*

Round 2:
21: 2       - Gravity, ending on LEO's turn, Round 5
16: LEO
12: 3
12: 6       - Gravity, ending on LEO's turn, Round 6
12: GRIM
11: JACK
 4: DAI     - Paralyzed
 2: ZEIG


~ = water
. = dirt/short grass
, = tall grass
☼ = magical difficult terrain

The water gets gradually deeper at about a rate of 2' per 5' of distance away from the bank. The tall grass does not hinder your movement at all, but something could probably very easy hide in it if they drop prone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~J~~~~~~~~~~
......GZ..........
.,....D...☼☼..,....
,,,,.,2..L6,,,,.,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

JACK
 player, 1208 posts
Tue 15 Nov 2011
at 00:20
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
Jack decides standing in the Zombie water might be a bad idea. He moves down 2 squares and attacks #2.

19:19, Today: JACK rolled 6 using 1d8+5 with rolls of 1. Damage 2. +1 Lightning damage.
19:19, Today: JACK rolled 8 using 1d8+5 with rolls of 3. Damage 1. +1 Lightning damage.
19:19, Today: JACK rolled 18 using 1d20+10 with rolls of 8. Attack 2 (#2).
19:19, Today: JACK rolled 25 using 1d20+10 with rolls of 15. Attack 1 (#2).

teslas
 GM, 2529 posts
Tue 15 Nov 2011
at 00:39
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
JACK lays into #2, noting the difficulty it's having evading his blows under the effect of LEO's spell.

ZEIG yells out that GRIM is right and hints that leaving may be in the party's best interest. He also notices DAI does not move at all, though he knows no way of helping him apart from ending the threat as quickly as possible.
Harm (MP: 41/53)
The last two creatures explode into dust. ZEIG wastes no time in moving away from the lake. He stops to look back at DAI, then to GRIM and JACK.

Combat is over. Do what you will.

Round 2:
21: 2       - Gravity, ending on LEO's turn, Round 5
16: LEO
12: 3
12: 6       - Gravity, ending on LEO's turn, Round 6
12: GRIM
11: JACK
 4: DAI     - Paralyzed
 2: ZEIG


~ = water
. = dirt/short grass
, = tall grass
☼ = magical difficult terrain

The water gets gradually deeper at about a rate of 2' per 5' of distance away from the bank. The tall grass does not hinder your movement at all, but something could probably very easy hide in it if they drop prone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
......G...........
.,....DJ..☼☼..,....
,,,,.,..L,,,,.,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,Z,,,,,,,,,,

teslas
 GM, 2530 posts
Tue 15 Nov 2011
at 00:41
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
Everyone gains 150 EXP for overcoming the encounter.

DAI's paralysis will wear off in 18 seconds.

The blue forms out over the lake continue to take shape and move closer to the party. The next wave of them, well over 25, will be upon you within 45 seconds. In the distance, hundreds of glowing points are turning into thousands.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:01, Tue 15 Nov 2011.

JACK
 player, 1209 posts
Tue 15 Nov 2011
at 00:42
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
Jack unceremoniously lifts Dai to his shoulder and lopes off away from the lake.

How much do you weigh, equipment included? If you weigh 180 or less it won't put me over the Medium load limit.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:44, Tue 15 Nov 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2534 posts
Tue 15 Nov 2011
at 01:10
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
ZEIG follows JACK's lead, although only half as quickly. DAI jerks back to being able to move on JACK's shoulder.
GRIM
 player, 626 posts
 Warrior ub Badassery
Tue 15 Nov 2011
at 03:23
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
Grim pulls up the rear, casting backward glances.
LEO
 player, 24 posts
Tue 15 Nov 2011
at 04:25
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
Leo moves to stay near Zeig, so the healer isn't alone at the forefront.

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:19, Tue 15 Nov 2011.

teslas
 GM, 2537 posts
Tue 15 Nov 2011
at 08:04
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
The party jogs full-out, half-afraid to look behind them in horror. LEO, ZEIG, and GRIM appear to be running slightly slower than the creatures pursuing them, but make it to the tree line before they can catch up. JACK has opportunities to pause at times, looking back in disbelief at the horde of undead shambling, running, and clawing their way toward the five of you.

Once you all reach the tree line, you hurriedly look over your shoulders, ready to continue running into the forest. Behind you in the waning sunlight, now with some elevation below you to give a better view point, stands well over seven or eight thousand motionless bodies filling a huge swath of the grassy field. Panting and staring, you continue to watch as they slowly turn around and begin their way back to the lake. Many of them dissolve into blue wisps and float back while others remain on foot. It takes almost ten minutes for all of the creatures to return from whence they came. Eerily, you hear no sounds of splashing. The lake begins to glow very brightly as the last hundred or so submerge themselves, competing with the rising moon to light the basin.

The grass in the field is only disturbed where the five of you were running and slightly to the east where the group of you rode four chocobos to the water's edge only tens of minutes ago.

ZEIG explains that they were Ghouls and Ghasts... he thinks. They normally have physical bodies... all the time... and don't normally prefer to be submerged in water. Something about these is off. Maybe some of the ones chasing you were more than Ghouls or Ghasts.

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:17, Tue 15 Nov 2011.

LEO
 player, 25 posts
Tue 15 Nov 2011
at 08:19
Re: Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps
"Leave the place of our torment," they said. Leo ponders for a moment. When I asked "What torments you," they said "Return the crown to the true king. Free us," he says. What does that mean?