Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #3.   Posted by teslas.Group: 0
ZEIG
 player, 1654 posts
 White Mage
Wed 13 Jun 2012
at 20:02
Re: 8:00am Watersday, 9th week 852s
Zeig will try his hands at a Restore Potion the next night we camp, unless we run into something crazy in the mean time.

16:01, Today: ZEIG rolled 25 using 1d20+14. craft (alchemy) - Restore potion, DC 30.
No dice.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:10, Wed 13 June 2012.

teslas
 GM, 3817 posts
Wed 13 Jun 2012
at 21:13
Re: 5:00pm Windsday, 9th week 852s
The day is uneventful and cool, which is a very welcome thing. The night at camp passes without incident.

The Windsday after carries the group eastward around an extremely large bay. By the end of the day a treeline can be seen to the south. The cooler than average temperatures continue into the evening.

Alchemy?
teslas
 GM, 3824 posts
Sat 16 Jun 2012
at 04:25
Re: 6:00pm Iceday, 9th week 852s
Using ZEIG's random encounter roll for the day, which is to say, nothing happens.

Your Iceday trip through the woods passes without issue, though progress is slowed due to a lack of any kind of marked trail. One thing is for certain, it seems like every damn forest on the continent has a population of giant spiders in it. The tell-tale webs hanging from trees and around deep and dark holes in the ground bring back bad not-so-distant memories for DAI and ZEIG.

In the middle of the day you come to a large clearing. There are extremely subtle raises in the ground in a grid-like pattern, hinting at stonework or structures that have not been present for ages upon ages. Judging by the size of it, it was a small town of no more than a few hundred people. As good a spot as any to eat lunch, the party rests here.

The end of the day brings you within sight of the edge of the forest. Everyone agrees it would be better to camp at the edge of the forest or out of it completely than to spend the night there.
Going to assume you guys all press on to get out, the chocobos will take some damage but they're summoned and who the hell cares.

Due to the abundance of firewood, a tent is pulled from the survival pouch and a nice camp is made right on the edge of the tree line. The sun sets on a patch of mountains to the west. It looks as if the next day's travel will take you through a wide mountain pass.

Another day's worth of alchemy takes place here.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:31, Sat 16 June 2012.

teslas
 GM, 3826 posts
Sat 16 Jun 2012
at 04:45
Re: 6:00pm Lightningsday, 9th week 852s
The Lightningsday sun rises over the mountains to the east. DAI summons the same amount of chocobos and the party sets off through the huge gap between the mountains.

Again, the day's travel passes without incident. Progress is only mildly slowed after reaching a boulder field that you must weave through. Garus is a little unprepared when his chocobo, instead of simply walking around some of the boulders, clings onto the sides and begins going over the tops of them. After the strain and awkward grip of Garus the second time, the chocobo doesn't attempt any more such affairs again.

The party makes camp with the western ocean in view once again. The coastline here is actually sandy, and the beach lies in a wide shelf running an average of 20' lower than the plains next to them. The grasses on the plains are the same type as before, but there are no signs of grazing herds of any kind. Having little to burn, the party pulls a campfire out of the survival pouch for the night.

A third day's alchemy can happen.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:47, Sat 16 June 2012.

teslas
 GM, 3827 posts
Sat 16 Jun 2012
at 04:56
Re: 6:00pm Lightsday, 10th week 852s
The Lightsday sun rises behind a veil of massive dark gray clouds, outlining them in silver.

There is no packed dirt on top of gravel here, so the party travels along the beach on the wet sand, making good time out of the tall grass that might conceal more wind scorpions of various sizes.

The rain begins to fall shortly after the party finishes mounting up. The chocobos don't mind as it runs off of their feathers the same as it would a duck's back. The sand on which the party travels is already wet, so other than getting all of your clothes thoroughly dampened and some chaffing in the saddles, it does not hinder progress.

The end of the day carries you halfway through this section of flatlands before you reach the swamp. The rain continues into the night, so the party pulls a tent from the pouch and forgoes a campfire.

The rain would add 2 to the DCs of making potions as there is no room in the tent while you craft. 4 days of alchemy to do, with one of the days having +2 to the DCs.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:58, Sat 16 June 2012.

ZEIG
 player, 1658 posts
 White Mage
Sat 16 Jun 2012
at 05:05
Re: 6:00pm Lightsday, 10th week 852s
01:04, Today: ZEIG rolled 15 using 1d20+14. cure potion 1 (not rainy day) DC 14.
01:04, Today: ZEIG rolled 34 using 1d20+14. cure potion 1 (rainy day) DC 16.
01:04, Today: ZEIG rolled 16 using 1d20+14. cure potion 2 (rainy day) DC 16.


Zeig crafts two cure potions over two nights.
teslas
 GM, 3828 posts
Sat 16 Jun 2012
at 05:05
Re: 6:00pm Darksday, 10th week 852s
It rains through the night, vindicating the choice of a tent. Everyone mounts up again after DAI summons chocobos.

The shelf separating the beach and the grasslands begins to become less and less pronounced. By the end of the day, a huge swath of swampland breaks before you, criss-crossed by shallow, slow-moving rivers. A central outcropping of seemingly out of place mountains dominates the southern skyline.

The rain breaks for the second half of the trip, but begins anew as drizzle as everyone dismounts. The party stops to camp on the beach again before it disappears into into the estuaries bordering the southern peninsula of the continent.

Another tent is pulled from the pouch.

Five days of alchemy now. Again, this day has +2 to the DCs.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:21, Sat 16 June 2012.

teslas
 GM, 3833 posts
Sat 16 Jun 2012
at 05:26
Re: 6:00pm Darksday, 10th week 852s
Travel in the swamp will be slowed significantly if it rains, due to the rising water level. The party's team of survivalists can make some checks that will help avoid deep areas that will help, but it's going to be slow-going.

Chocobos will fare better in the swamps only because they are normally faster on dry land. They are much less likely to get mired in mud than some of you as well.

Going to pause here to give you guys a chance to notify me of any changes to what you're wearing/carrying.


JAGA is fairly certain the rain will continue through the night and all the next day. The day after next, Earthsday, will probably see some sunshine and give everyone a chance to dry off... from the waist up.
00:25, Today: teslas, on behalf of Garus, rolled 12 using 1d20+6. Survival, weather.
00:24, Today: teslas, on behalf of JAGA, rolled 21 using 1d20+7. Survival, weather.
00:24, Today: teslas, on behalf of SILI, rolled 8 using 1d20+3. Survival, weather.

DAI
 player, 2013 posts
Sun 17 Jun 2012
at 03:20
Re: 6:00pm Darksday, 10th week 852s
Alchemy day 1
20:17, Today: DAI rolled 29 using 1d20+16. Fast(CL2) day 1, DC 26(need quarter). *2 hours*
20:16, Today: DAI rolled 32 using 1d20+16. Fast(CL2) day 1, DC 21(need half). *1 hour*
20:16, Today: DAI rolled 22 using 1d20+16. Fast(CL2) day 1, DC 16. *4 hours*


Alchemy day 2
20:18, Today: DAI rolled 20 using 1d20+16. Fast(CL2), DC 21(need half). *uncompleted*
20:18, Today: DAI rolled 28 using 1d20+16. Fast(CL2) day 2, DC 16. *2 hours*


Alchemy day 5(+2 DC)
20:19, Today: DAI rolled 20 using 1d20+16. Fast(CL2), day 5, DC 18. *8 hours*
teslas
 GM, 3840 posts
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 07:22
Re: 9:00am Firesday, 10th week 852s
DAI summons the chocobos as normal and the sets off in the rain. The light of the Firesday sun barely makes it through the dark clouds overhead. Less than a mile from camp, the grasslands rapidly transition to swamp in a span of only 100'.

Garus explains that he's never been this far south, as there's no reason to do so unless one is looking for likely death. That being said, he has traversed temporary wet season swamplands in parts of the forest before, and directs the party to weave between areas of higher elevation he can pick out from collections of reeds and surface indications of water currents.
01:40, Today: teslas, on behalf of Garus, rolled 18 using 1d20+6. Survival, best path.
01:40, Today: teslas, on behalf of JAGA, rolled 8 using 1d20+7. Survival, best path.
01:40, Today: teslas, on behalf of SILI, rolled 4 using 1d20+3. Survival, best path.

JAGA and SILI's heads explode as soon as they try and think about an entire region being made out of mud and muck.

The rain varies between a light drizzle and a flat downpour several times before the party stops for mid-day meal. The rain has caused the water level to rise in the time that you've been traveling, and MILO has had to swim several times as the party crossed some deeper parts. The water level has yet to rise above JACK's belly button, however, and everyone, especially JACK, is thankful for that.

More to come.
teslas
 GM, 3841 posts
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 08:08
Re: 1:30pm Firesday, 10th week 852s
A bit after four hours of traveling the party comes across a patch of, relatively, dry land. A mound of dirt is merely wet from the rain, and allows everyone to dump the water from their shoes and give the chocobos some time to rest while everyone, except those with rings of sustenance, eats some rations for lunch.

Gurlop, sitting on Garus' shoulder like an over-sized parrot because of the rain, screeches nearly directly into his ear. The rest of the party, still not quite accustomed to this behavior, all turn their heads to see Garus grimacing while looking around for whatever the reason his companion deemed necessary of his attention.
02:46, Today: teslas, on behalf of Garus, rolled 12 using 1d20+10. DC 10 Fortitude vs Deafness.

JAGA is the first to spot the issue. Further in the distance, two ghastly humanoid shapes are approaching the party from opposite sides at rapid rates, one more quickly than the other. They are making no wake in the water as they move, which is a bit of a surprise to JAGA and Garus. As they come closer, everyone is able to see that they are, in fact, partially transparent. Gurlop takes flight immediately.
DAI, ZEIG, and SILI have seen a ghost, and these are moving like it was, through objects and substance like weeds and water without disturbing it at all. Both have at least a 60' move speed.

The two humanoid shapes are advancing, slowly rising out of the water as if walking along the bottom. JAGA spotted them as they were a little below belly-button level, while Gurlop likely saw one's head and shoulders nearly as soon as it emerged.

Both have partial cover from ranged attacks currently, due to being partially submerged in water.

Knowledge checks will occur when the creatures are closer, due to the rain and being partially submerged. It is clear to SILI, DAI, and ZEIG that they are incorporeal, however.


Gurlop begins his ascent, reaching an altitude of 30' above Garus.

Round 1:
23: Gurlop   - Total Defense (+4)
21: SILI
18: ZEIG
17: Garus
15: Chocobos
14: MILO
14: JAGA
12: DAI
11: #1
11: #2


. = muddy ground, +2 to Balance and Tumble DCs
, = 1' deep water, +7 to Tumble DCs


The party has come across spots where the water suddenly gets very deep, as if there was a 3'-6' wide hole. Such a situation is a DC 15 Reflex save to avoid falling prone (and underwater) and is impossible to spot due to the opaque water.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,1,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,cc,,,.,,,,,,
,,,cc,....,,,,,
,,cc........,,,
,,cc..G....,,,,
,,,.MSZD.cc,,,,
,,,..J...cc,,,,
,,,,....cc,,,,,
,,,,,,,,cc,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,2,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:16, Mon 18 June 2012.

SILI
 player, 1683 posts
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 14:27
Re: 1:30pm Firesday, 10th week 852s
Sili will draw his harp and ready an action to sing Lullaby at the first ghost to come within his range (40 ft.).

Perform: +16, DC 10 for a gentle slumber, DC 30 for a deep slumber. Will Save DC 13+Song level.
ZEIG
 player, 1661 posts
 White Mage
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 16:56
Re: 1:30pm Firesday, 10th week 852s
Zeig blankets the party in an orange light and watches the approaching enemies.
Protectra +3, +3 AC to all nearby for 80 minutes.
MP: 61/67

What rotten luck.
teslas
 GM, 3842 posts
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 20:41
Re: 1:30pm Firesday, 10th week 852s
Taking action as described in PM.
Garus draws his trident and yells out a formal challenge to #2.

The chocobos notice the party tensing up and begin worriedly looking back and forth between the two figures.

MILO remains at SILI's side.

Round 1:
23: Gurlop   - Total Defense (+4)
21: SILI     - Readied Action
18: ZEIG
17: Garus    - Readied Action
15: Chocobos - Shaken
14: MILO     - Readied Action
14: JAGA
12: DAI
11: #1
11: #2


. = muddy ground, +2 to Balance and Tumble DCs
, = 1' deep water, +7 to Tumble DCs


The party has come across spots where the water suddenly gets very deep, as if there was a 3'-6' wide hole. Such a situation is a DC 15 Reflex save to avoid falling prone (and underwater) and is impossible to spot due to the opaque water.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,1,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,cc,,,.,,,,,,
,,,cc,....,,,,,
,,cc........,,,
,,cc..G....,,,,
,,,.MSZD.cc,,,,
,,,..J...cc,,,,
,,,,....cc,,,,,
,,,,,,,,cc,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,2,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

teslas
 GM, 3843 posts
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 21:23
Re: 1:30pm Firesday, 10th week 852s
Taking action as per PM.
JAGA, unsure of what to do, begins to focus.
Focus (x1, +6 to AC)

12: DAI
DAI
 player, 2016 posts
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 21:29
Re: 1:30pm Firesday, 10th week 852s
"JAGA, Garus, these are ghosts...only magic weapons will work on them, sometimes." DAI says as he mumbles something under his breath, and readies a Fire II for as soon as one of them wasn't being concealed by the water.
teslas
 GM, 3844 posts
Mon 18 Jun 2012
at 22:04
Re: 1:30pm Firesday, 10th week 852s
Figure #1 continues its rapid approach. It has a movement speed of about 80'. 25' from the edge of the mound on which the party is standing, it has risen out of the water enough to where DAI can get a clear shot.
16:34, Today: teslas, on behalf of DAI, rolled 16 using 1d20. Conserve MP, Fire II.
16:35, Today: teslas, on behalf of DAI, rolled 12 using 1d20+5. Fire II RTA vs. #1.
The creature moves slightly to evade the spell as it continues to come closer.

SILI is the next person to take a crack at it, playing Lullaby once its within range.
16:37, Today: teslas, on behalf of SILI, rolled 22 using 1d20+16. Perform Lullaby vs #1.
DC 17 Will

It stops where it is as if frozen, feet still dangling into the water without disturbing it.

Now that it's within range, ZEIG studies it as best he can. The rain running off of DAI's hat pools up momentarily as he casts his spell, then pours down over his face afterward, ruining the opportunity.
16:41, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 13 using 1d20-2. Spot, DC 5, to see #1 clearly.
16:41, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 26 using 1d20+10. Know (religion) #1.
16:42, Today: teslas, on behalf of DAI, rolled -1 using 1d20-4. Spot, DC 5, to see #1 clearly.


The second creature, #2, advances almost as quickly. It appears to have a movement speed of 60'. It moves directly toward the party, passing by MILO and ZEIG, and actually moves through JAGA and SILI, who feel an intense chill as it does so. MILO yelps as if dealt a mortal blow as it comes nearer, and cowers in fear as it moves by. Garus waits to strike until it's not so close to SILI, but his weapon simply passes harmlessly through the creature. It ends its movement almost in the midle of the party, directly next to Garus, arms outstretched with tattered translucent robes hiding gaunt and deformed hands. Its head and face are obscured, somehow, by what looks to be a chain mail coif caked in similarly translucent mud and grime.

DAI and ZEIG both recognize what the apparition is.
16:52, Today: teslas, on behalf of DAI, rolled 21 using 1d20+8. Know (religion) #2.
16:52, Today: teslas, on behalf of ZEIG, rolled 28 using 1d20+10. Know (religion) #2.


Gurlop continues to fly away, though instead of his controlled and normal flight, he cuts a straight line eastward as quickly as Garus has ever seen him fly.

Round 2:
23: Gurlop   - Panicked, 30' above ground, 240' east
18: ZEIG
15: Chocobos - Panicked
14: MILO     - Panicked
14: JAGA     - Focus (x1, +6 AC)
11: DAI
11: SILI
11: #1       - Lullaby
11: Garus    - Combat Expertise (+5)
11: #2


. = muddy ground, DC 5 Balance to Run or Charge, +2 to Tumble DCs
, = 1' deep water, DC 15 Balance to Run or Charge, +7 to Tumble DCs


The party has come across spots where the water suddenly gets very deep, as if there was a 3'-6' wide hole. Such a situation is a DC 15 Reflex save to avoid falling prone (and underwater) and is impossible to spot due to the opaque water.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,1,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,cc,,,.,,,,,,
,,,cc,....,,,,,
,,cc........,,,
,,cc.2G....,,,,
,,,.MSZD.cc,,,,
,,,..J...cc,,,,
,,,,....cc,,,,,
,,,,,,,,cc,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:20, Wed 20 June 2012.

ZEIG
 player, 1664 posts
 White Mage
Tue 19 Jun 2012
at 04:15
Re: 1:30pm Firesday, 10th week 852s
Would say more but I can't talk while casting a spell.

"Don't let them touch you! One of you two beefy guys use this, magic weapons sometimes hurt them!"

Zeig drops his Sahuagin staff (+1/+1 quarterstaff) onto the mound of mud he stands on, then moves south 5' and lets loose a wave of positive energy, tearing through the undead spirits.
00:14, Today: ZEIG rolled 10 using 1d8+5. Harm damage.
Harm - Will DC 15 or instant death to undead, Caster Level 7th
MP: 60/67

GM Edit-
Harm is one of those spells where caster level really matters, so be sure to include it. I can't remember which two feats you took to up your CL because I'm old and have a lot of brain damage from drinking.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:14, Tue 19 June 2012.

teslas
 GM, 3845 posts
Tue 19 Jun 2012
at 20:28
Re: 1:30pm Firesday, 10th week 852s
Parts of the apparition closest to the party dissolve. The other north of the party is also affected, and it looks reanimated.

ZEIG's staff is now on the ground in the blank spot in the middle of the party.

The chocobos erupt into action, scattering in different directions. Two of them slip and fall into the water as they're running away, getting up and squawking madly. The other two make it a fair bit of distance into the swamp.

MILO follows suit, jumping off of the mound of mud and into the water in an attempt to leave. He slips and falls, then gets up while thrashing around. The apparition #2 ignores him as he runs away from it.
15:25, Today: teslas, on behalf of SILI, rolled 7 using 1d20+3. MILO DC 15 Balance.

Round 2:
23: Gurlop   - Panicked, 30' above ground, 240' east
18: ZEIG
15: Chocobos - Panicked
14: MILO     - Panicked
14: JAGA     - Focus (x1)
11: DAI
11: SILI
11: #1
11: Garus    - Combat Expertise (+5)
11: #2


. = muddy ground, DC 5 Balance to Run or Charge, +2 to Tumble DCs
, = 1' deep water, DC 15 Balance to Run or Charge, +7 to Tumble DCs


The party has come across spots where the water suddenly gets very deep, as if there was a 3'-6' wide hole. Such a situation is a DC 15 Reflex save to avoid falling prone (and underwater) and is impossible to spot due to the opaque water.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,1,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,cc,,,,,,,,,,,
,,cc,,,,.,,,,,,
,,,,,,....,,,,,
,,,,........,,,
,,,..2G....,,,,
,,M..S.D...,,,,
,,,..JZ...,,,,,
,,,,.....,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,cc,,,,
,,,,,,,,,cc,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:20, Wed 20 June 2012.

teslas
 GM, 3846 posts
Tue 19 Jun 2012
at 20:59
Re: 1:30pm Firesday, 10th week 852s
Taking JAGA's action as received in text message.
JAGA continues to maintain his focus for a moment, then steps into the square where ZEIG was and picks up the staff.

The apparition attempts to strike him as he does this, but JAGA deftly spins around, evading the gnarled and deformed hand.
15:55, Today: teslas rolled 23 using 1d20+5. #2 AoO vs. JAGA.

JAGA is now holding two quarterstaves, one in each hand, and probably looks really awesome.

Round 2:
23: Gurlop   - Panicked, 30' above ground, 240' east
18: ZEIG
15: Chocobos - Panicked
14: MILO     - Panicked
14: JAGA     - Focus (x2, +6 AC)
11: DAI
11: SILI
11: #1
11: Garus    - Combat Expertise (+5)
11: #2


. = muddy ground, DC 5 Balance to Run or Charge, +2 to Tumble DCs
, = 1' deep water, DC 15 Balance to Run or Charge, +7 to Tumble DCs


The party has come across spots where the water suddenly gets very deep, as if there was a 3'-6' wide hole. Such a situation is a DC 15 Reflex save to avoid falling prone (and underwater) and is impossible to spot due to the opaque water.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,1,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,cc,,,,,,,,,,,
,,cc,,,,.,,,,,,
,,,,,,....,,,,,
,,,,........,,,
,,,..2G....,,,,
,,M..SJD...,,,,
,,,...Z...,,,,,
,,,,.....,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,cc,,,,
,,,,,,,,,cc,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:20, Wed 20 June 2012.

DAI
 player, 2018 posts
Tue 19 Jun 2012
at 22:37
Re: 1:30pm Firesday, 10th week 852s
DAI mumbles something under his breath about how unsatisfactory roasting ghosts was, before tapping into the latent magical energies around him(Manafont) and reaching for his underused wand, giving it a flick as his eyes seemed to focus in on the nearest Wraith. "Careful! If you're killed by one of these you get turned into one, and try not to get touched by one if you can."

15:34, Today: DAI rolled 10 using 1d20. 12-14 conserve MP.
I decided to just use my wand of Lock this round, so next round when I use Fire II I'll just assume I failed the conserve MP check


OOC: Note that for this, or other incorporeal fights, that Ice Armor is replaced with the Wind one, as it gives a(minor) deflection bonus to AC, since Ice Armor wouldn't do crap against incorporeal touch attacks.
teslas
 GM, 3850 posts
Wed 20 Jun 2012
at 01:49
Re: 1:30pm Firesday, 10th week 852s
11: SILI
SILI
 player, 1685 posts
Wed 20 Jun 2012
at 13:56
Re: 1:30pm Firesday, 10th week 852s
Sili takes a 5 ft. step down-left, and sings Virelai at ghost 2.

09:53, Today: SILI rolled 26 using 1d20+13 with rolls of 13. Perfom (Vocal) (Virelei on Ghost 2).

26/3 = 8, 4th level song, DC 17 Will save or
Target will no longer willingly harm anyone the bard considers an ally.

teslas
 GM, 3851 posts
Wed 20 Jun 2012
at 18:05
Re: 1:30pm Firesday, 10th week 852s
#1 comes streaking toward DAI with its spectral hand making a board sweeping strike.
12:39, Today: teslas rolled 23 using 1d20+8. #1 charge vs. DAI.
DAI feels as if a sizable piece of his soul has been ripped out as it passes through him, from shoulder to waist.
12:39, Today: teslas rolled 6 using 1d8. #1 damage.
DAI suffers two negative levels.


13:29, Today: teslas, on behalf of DAI, rolled 16 using 1d20+8. Know (religion) #1.

Taking Garus' action based on his instructions (which were pretty inclusive and descriptive).
Garus yells out to #1 while essentially gesturing toward #2 with his weapon.
Provoke on #1. Full defensive fighting suite of options on #2.
[Paraphrasing] He asks for DAI to drop or hand him the magical shortsword at his earliest convenience.

The figure turns from DAI and faces Garus. Its mouth opens as if it were screaming in rage, but makes no sound.

The hooded apparition #2 stands (floats) there. Its head swivels around slowly until its face, if it weren't clogged from view with spectral mud, is pointed directly at SILI.

Gurlop flies off into the distance. The rain obscures all sight of him.
He's gone for now. Finding him again, or rather more likely, him finding you, should not be an issue.

Round 3:
18: ZEIG
15: Chocobos - Panicked
14: MILO     - Panicked
14: JAGA     - Focus (x2, +6 AC)
11: DAI
11: SILI
11: #1       - Berserk, Charged (-2 AC)
11: Garus    - Combat Expertise (+5), Fighting Defensively (+2 AC)
11: #2       - Virelai, Holding Action


. = muddy ground, DC 5 Balance to Run or Charge, +2 to Tumble DCs
, = 1' deep water, DC 15 Balance to Run or Charge, +7 to Tumble DCs


The party has come across spots where the water suddenly gets very deep, as if there was a 3'-6' wide hole. Such a situation is a DC 15 Reflex save to avoid falling prone (and underwater) and is impossible to spot due to the opaque water.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,cc,,,,,,,,,,,
,,cc,,,,.,,,,,,
,,,,,,....,,,,,
,,,,........,,,
,,,..2G.1..,,,,
,,M..SJD...,,,,
,,,...Z...,,,,,
,,,,.....,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,cc,,,,
,,,,,,,,,cc,,,,

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:46, Fri 22 June 2012.

ZEIG
 player, 1665 posts
 White Mage
Wed 20 Jun 2012
at 18:53
Re: 1:30pm Firesday, 10th week 852s
Zeig blankets the party in a soothing light, closing Dai's wounds. The light lingers on Garus, bolstering him against dark energy.
14:46, Today: ZEIG rolled 14 using 1d8+9. Heal.
Heal on the party. Dark Ward on Garus for 2 rounds.
Dark Ward - Immunity to Death spells, death effects, energy drain, and gain dark resistance 16 (not sure on the number, the pdf doesn't say although I think it was 10 + spell level + CHA bonus).

MP: 57/67