Chapter 3-B: Across the Aldi and Into The Forgotten Deeps #4.   Posted by teslas.Group: 0
ZEIG
 player, 1867 posts
 White Mage
Mon 14 Oct 2013
at 21:05
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
Zeig holds his breath, knowing he's more likely to trip on something rather than uncover anything. He stays the hell away from any windows, choosing something to hide behind while maintaining at least a vantage point to the encroaching light, if not the window itself.
SILI
 player, 1825 posts
Tue 15 Oct 2013
at 01:42
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
Sili ransacks the intact cabinet farthest from the window.

21:41, Today: SILI rolled 18 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 11. Search (cabinet

This message was last edited by the player at 01:43, Tue 15 Oct 2013.

teslas
 GM, 4497 posts
Tue 15 Oct 2013
at 10:29
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
DAI's Ghost Sound spell causes the light to stop moving during its duration, though as soon as he casts Mount in front of the house it begins moving closer to the house again.

The chocobo squarks and starts scanning its surroundings as DAI gives it a slap on the flank. It turns toward him, backpedals a few steps, and cocks its head at him, confused. DAI has no ranks in Handle Animal to insinuate it should "go that way fast", nor did he outright damage it with his slap. It then quickly notices the moving light source approaching it, and starts panicking.

SILI decides to begin ransacking a cabinet across the room as this is going on, and opens both windowed doors to get a closer look at the inside. It contains a multitude of sets of one dozen fine ceramic plates of several sizes. He opens up some drawers and finds what looks like and weighs as much as sterling silver eating utensils of all kinds. They are masterfully engraved with tiny intricate designs.

DAI turns to help SILI but his attention is diverted back toward the window. The chocobo has jumped up and is trying to scratch and squirm its way into the house through the recently opened and enlarged hole in the wall the window frame used to sit inside.

Garus busies himself readying his shield once again and picking up his trident.

JAGA picks up the coin from under the table and holds it in his hand, looking to the three wizened and intelligent magic-types for instruction on when to punchkick something.


The light source is now (about) 6 seconds away from having line of sight to the window. Please take one round of actions at most. You are not in initiative.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:32, Tue 15 Oct 2013.

DAI
 player, 2262 posts
Tue 15 Oct 2013
at 17:35
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
Once the scratching was heard and DAI turned back he face-palmed and looked around. "Alright- next room, let's try to get to the windows facing the fountains." He whispered as he tried ushering the others through the northern exit of the dining room.

He put out ZEIG's lantern for now, turning back to cancel his Mount spell just before leaving the room.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:47, Wed 16 Oct 2013.

SILI
 player, 1826 posts
Wed 16 Oct 2013
at 00:44
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
"The chocobo's not moving? Put out the lights!" Sili leaves the room through the western door.
ZEIG
 player, 1868 posts
 White Mage
Wed 16 Oct 2013
at 01:14
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
Zeig follows Dai through the northern door, ducking to the left to hide behind the wall, all the while holding back his swelling silent hatred for the words echoing through the darkness.
teslas
 GM, 4499 posts
Wed 16 Oct 2013
at 11:50
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
DAI, you'd be able to take a 5' step, but not move too much more than that with all your doings on the last round. We can assume you'd already be very close to the northern door, however (this is a tiny room), just not through it.

JAGA cups the coin in his hand, which glows red from the light inside and provides 5' of shadowy illumination (10' for Garus and SILI (and Gurlop and Milo)), and moves to the northern door and opens it. He then steps through into a short hallway

DAI gently turns the key on the lantern to extinguish it while speaking, then turns and dismisses the chocobo, which by this point had just set its large claws down inside the room and was gearing up to make all sorts of a panicked ruckus.

Garus stays in the doorway, adjacent to DAI, waiting for DAI to come through.

ZEIG moves by Garus and joins JAGA

SILI ...see OOC post edit- see his post below


Please forgive D being a big-sized door, or DAI, a normal-sized black mage. (DAI is the one SW from Garus in the below map.)


The only two light sources are JAGA (5' shadowy) and the light from the busted-up hole in the wall that used to be a window (varies, see above or below text).



O = very broken open window
# = window
D = 6' wide double-door. white = closed, D = open
d = normal-sized door. white = closed, d = open
DD = big set of front doors
P = party is in this room (or close enough to it)
? = beyond a door into a place you've not seen or been

G = Garus standing in an open doorway. This door opens inward toward the left, meaning it being open has it near the eastern wall of the room, providing basically no obstruction to anyone or anything when it's open.

           ?  ?|
       |---d--d|
      ?D Z JSM #
       |--G--d-|
       | D | ? |
      ?D t |   |
   ??  |   |   |
---DD----O------

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:29, Thu 17 Oct 2013.

SILI
 player, 1828 posts
Thu 17 Oct 2013
at 02:27
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
Sili follows the others, motioning for Milo to follow.

He moves up next to Dai and whispers, "You realize that, without the chocobo, the searcher won't have a convenient animal to assume was making all that noise? He might search the house with the broken window..."
teslas
 GM, 4504 posts
Thu 17 Oct 2013
at 10:27
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
An odd skittering and clanking sound approaches the window hole as the light gets brighter and brighter. The light's wavering hues suggest that it is exactly what you expected making the light.

The window is giving off 30' shadowy illumination into the house from the approaching light.

JAGA's clenched fist around his coin gives off 5' shadowy illumination.


Round 1:
21: DAI
21: Garus
16: Flaming Skeleton
 6: Gurlop
 6: MILO
 6: JAGA
 6: ZEIG
 5: SILI


See above post for map.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:30, Thu 17 Oct 2013.

DAI
 player, 2266 posts
Fri 18 Oct 2013
at 03:01
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
DAI moved out of the dining room and into the hallway, squeezing past the others using what little illumination he could see coming from JAGA. He bumbled looking for the window and checked if it was locked or barred, then kept an ear out for the skeletal guardian.

Swift: Cast Fast on self (1 round duration)
Move: Over to the window
Standard: Readied action, detailed below.

MP 83/86

Readying an action to open the window if I can find a latch/lock, or break it with Stone if not if it sounds like the skeleton is entering the house.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:17, Fri 18 Oct 2013.

teslas
 GM, 4505 posts
Fri 18 Oct 2013
at 07:38
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
DAI moves to the window and puts his hands on it to see if there are any bars, then fumbles around quickly for a latch of some kind, but does not find one. It feels like a normal window, however, just like the other one probably did before he shattered it into a thousand pieces.

edit-
Updated to reflect above.

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:24, Fri 18 Oct 2013.

teslas
 GM, 4506 posts
Fri 18 Oct 2013
at 08:34
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
Garus, not entirely sure on what to do, steps backward into the hall and pulls the door shut with him. He then plants his tower shield squarely against the door and holds fast. Standard to use tower shield as cover, also to brace the door.

The tiny gaps around the edges of the recently closed door to the dining room begin to grow from a dim glow to a bright outline. The entire party crammed into the hallway holds their breath waiting for something to happen, watching the strengthening illumination.

The sound of skittering and muffled clanking gets louder and louder, then stops completely. The glow stops growing and holds as a comparably intensely bright outline around the door in the nearly pitch-black hallway.


Silence.


MILO's hair is standing on end, but he gets the hint and remains where he is, motionless.
MILO delays until after SILI.
JAGA delays until after a PC or something happens.

Round 1:
21: DAI              - Readied Action
21: Garus
16: Flaming Skeleton
 6: Gurlop           - On Garus, Total Defense
 6: JAGA             - Delaying
 6: ZEIG
 5: SILI
 5: MILO

O = very broken open window
# = window
D = 6' wide double-door. white = closed, D = open
d = normal-sized door. white = closed, d = open
DD = big set of front doors
P = party is in this room (or close enough to it)
? = beyond a door into a place you've not seen or been

           ?  ?|
       |---d--d|
      ?D ZGJSMD#
       |--d--d-|
       |   | ? |
      ?D t |   |
   ??  |   |   |
---DD----O------

ZEIG
 player, 1871 posts
 White Mage
Sun 20 Oct 2013
at 15:19
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
Zeig holds his breath, delaying for now.
SILI
 player, 1829 posts
Sun 20 Oct 2013
at 23:47
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
Sili delays as well.
DAI
 player, 2270 posts
Tue 22 Oct 2013
at 02:55
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
DAI remained still for some time before deciding waiting around wasn't going to do much for them, he looked to the closest door and used it to slowly navigate into another room. He was going to wait until everyone was inside, or the door was closed again before he decided to do anything about the light situation- if JAGA followed with his coin that would have solved itself.
teslas
 GM, 4512 posts
Tue 22 Oct 2013
at 13:35
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
This happens on Round after an entire Round 2 of waiting.

The door opens by twisting the handle. DAI is not entirely sure due to the poor illumination, what lies beyond it. The sound of the opening door may as well be forty decibels loud compared to the complete silence that was present before.

DAI has a Standard action remaining.

Because everyone essentially delayed, when DAI completes his turn, feel free to take any of yours.

Round 3:
21: DAI
21: Garus            - Delaying
16: Flaming Skeleton
 6: Gurlop           - On Garus, Total Defense
 6: JAGA             - Delaying
 6: ZEIG             - Delaying
 5: SILI             - Delaying
 5: MILO             - Delaying

O = very broken open window
# = window
D = 6' wide double-door. white = closed, D = open
d = normal-sized door. white = closed, d = open
DD = big set of front doors
P = party is in this room (or close enough to it)
? = beyond a door into a place you've not seen or been


              ?
           ? | |
       |---d--d|
      ?D ZGJSMD#
       |--d--d-|
       |   | ? |
      ?D t |   |
   ??  |   |   |
---DD----O------

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:41, Tue 22 Oct 2013.

DAI
 player, 2271 posts
Tue 22 Oct 2013
at 19:16
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
DAI winced slightly at the creaking of the old door frame in motion, he looked back at the others and sort of gestured with his head into the northern door as he said some familiar words and caused the sound of splintering wood to come from the western end of the hallway, along with some loud armored footsteps to hopefully cover the sound of them moving through the hall.

Ghost Sound, seeing if I can get it to follow the louder sounds I guess?

I'll step into the room once everyone has taken their delayed actions, someone else will need to close it though.

teslas
 GM, 4515 posts
Thu 24 Oct 2013
at 10:47
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
DAI opens the door and then begins to make the noises he imagines.

As stated before, everyone is essentially delaying, so ZEIG and SILI, whoever posts first can take their actions. If you would not like to go at this point in intiative (just after DAI), then say so in the OOC.

Garus and JAGA will continue to delay until they see what one or both of the remaining squishies do.

SILI
 player, 1831 posts
Fri 25 Oct 2013
at 00:47
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
Sili steps through the door, motioning for Milo to follow. He readies an action to close the door once everyone has stepped through.
teslas
 GM, 4517 posts
Fri 25 Oct 2013
at 07:22
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
As the sounds of the breaking door and armored steps, the party quickly bolts into operation "get behind the other door".

SILI bumbles his way in the darkness passed DAI and through the doorway. He motions for MILO to follow, but MILO is unaware of his instruction, because he cannot see him.

It's at this point that JAGA takes the initiative, and moves along to take the front position through the door. He continues on and finds that he's standing on a stairwell just after he passes SILI. It continues downward. He readies an action to release his grip on the coin after the door is shut so that everyone can see what the hell is going on.

MILO can now see SILI, but doesn't move as he's still relatively close, is still in the middle of the group, SILI's flank is already covered by JAGA, and he doesn't want to get in the way of the door closing or opening.

It's obvious Garus is planning on taking up the rear of the formation.

If you choose to double-up into a square, you can, but you will lose your dexterity bonus to AC when you do it as well as suffer a -2 penalty on Reflex saves. Both people must be willing, and receive these penalties. This is not an option for Garus, however, as he uses nearly all of his 5x5 square with his massive bulk, pile of armor, and his hugebighuge metal tower shield and trident. (JAGA is always willing, and MILO is always willing so long as he is not actively fighting something.)

JAGA's coin is giving off 5' shadowy illumination. The door next to Garus is giving off 5' shadowy illumination.


Round 3:
21: DAI
21: SILI             - Readied Action
21: JAGA             - Readied Action
21: Garus            - Delaying
16: Flaming Skeleton
 6: Gurlop           - On Garus, Total Defense
 6: ZEIG             - Delaying
 5: MILO             - Delaying

O = very broken open window
# = window
D = 6' wide double-door. white = closed, D = open
d = normal-sized door. white = closed, d = open
DD = big set of front doors
P = party is in this room (or close enough to it)
? = beyond a door into a place you've not seen or been
v = stairwell down

JAGA is on a stairwell downward.

              ?
             |v|
             |v|
             |J|
           ? |S|
       |---d--d|
      ?D ZGJ MD#
       |--d--d-|
       |   | ? |
      ?D t |   |
   ??  |   |   |
---DD----O------

ZEIG
 player, 1875 posts
 White Mage
Tue 29 Oct 2013
at 18:21
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
Shit, I did not read that post correctly last night.

Zeig will double move to just in front of Jaga and whispers to him.
"It knows we're in here, pass me the coin."
teslas
 GM, 4520 posts
Tue 29 Oct 2013
at 20:06
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
You can finagle readied actions and the like around a lot here, so let's just assume you do that in an optimal fashion.

JAGA passes you the coin, and then readies an action to move should he receive more instructions.

You have a Standard action remaining (that you readied) and are now in Garus's square, JAGA's square, or the square just to the right of JAGA, your choice.

Everyone's initiative is still all sorts of 21.

ZEIG
 player, 1876 posts
 White Mage
Fri 1 Nov 2013
at 22:42
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
With the coin in hand Zeig will move towards the basement and let the light show the way, opening his palm for the light to spill forth.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:11, Sat 02 Nov 2013.

teslas
 GM, 4521 posts
Sat 2 Nov 2013
at 12:18
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
Do you keep the coin covered in your hands, stopping most of the light (5' shadowy), or do you hold it so that it fully illuminates the place (as normal for Illuminate)? Either way, there is a momentary brighter wave of light as the coin changes hands.
ZEIG
 player, 1877 posts
 White Mage
Sat 2 Nov 2013
at 20:12
Re: 12:01pm Watersday, 10th week 852s
Fully illuminating, as the spell. Post edited.