CJ 03: Christopher Chosen.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Christopher
 player, 371 posts
 "Well, it could have been
 worse."
Wed 31 Jul 2019
at 04:48
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
I take the situation in and scratch my head for a second before moving my hand to my chin. "Do you have any particular pasture in mind, or will any new grassy area do?"
GM
 GM, 371 posts
Wed 31 Jul 2019
at 05:34
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
"Let's move them over to the next hill downstream."
Christopher
 player, 372 posts
 "Well, it could have been
 worse."
Thu 22 Aug 2019
at 02:11
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
I look at the positioning of all relevant parties and scratch my head as I take much longer than is strictly necessary to figure out the correct sequence of commands.

Finally, I enact my foolproof master plan. I think to myself: "Operation Fluff-Ball is a go." I then address the dog. "Walk up!" I wait for the dog to get close to the sheep and shout "Come by!" to get it to circle the sheep. After the sheep are gathered, I wait for the dog to circle until the sheep are on a direct line between the dog and the desired hill and shout "Walk up!". When the sheep are in position, I shout "That'll do!"
GM
 GM, 372 posts
Sat 26 Oct 2019
at 05:55
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
Your efforts (and those of the sheepdog) look very promising... except for one sheep that manages to elude for longer than most.

And just as that troublesome sheep is brought back, that delay is just enough for another sheep to break away...

:: I don't think those sheep are escaping on their own.  I get occasional glimpses of at least one of those small creatures with human features nearby... ::

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:56, Sat 26 Oct 2019.

Christopher
 player, 373 posts
 "Well, it could have been
 worse."
Sat 26 Oct 2019
at 17:34
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
Can I see the humanoid creatures with my own eyes?

I turn to Chasah. "My crow tells me that the sheep are behaving unruly because of the presence of small human-like creatures. What are those? Are they dangerous?"
GM
 GM, 373 posts
Sat 26 Oct 2019
at 18:12
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
His eyes widen in surprise, and then he nods in thoughtful understanding, and answers softly.

"There must be wee folk nearby.  It is said that the fae hide themselves from human eyes to keep their ways secret.  Some are no more dangerous than kind-hearted mischief makers.  Others are... less kind-hearted.  But one would not be wise to make an enemy of them needlessly."

"However, it seems that they don't feel the need to hide themselves from your avian companion.  They haven't realized that he is sharing his observations with you."

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:13, Sat 26 Oct 2019.

Christopher
 player, 374 posts
 "Well, it could have been
 worse."
Sat 26 Oct 2019
at 18:18
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
I lower my voice in concern. "Should we do something? Can they see my past too?"
GM
 GM, 374 posts
Sat 26 Oct 2019
at 19:27
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
He considers thoughtfully.

"I know not.  Still, whenever interacting with another, I dare say that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."
Christopher
 player, 375 posts
 "Well, it could have been
 worse."
Sat 26 Oct 2019
at 19:33
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
"'Live peaceably with all men', I suppose. Given that they are currently disrupting our herding activities. Should we try to engage them, peaceably?"
GM
 GM, 375 posts
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 01:25
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
"I have heard stories, but I have never engaged with one myself.  What is your plan?"
Christopher
 player, 376 posts
 "Well, it could have been
 worse."
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 02:12
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
"As basic as this sounds, I hope to walk up to them and... speak to them." I upswing the last part of my sentence to communicate some uncertainty. "Maybe some degree of flattery will work? Old stories from my world suggest that fae might like that. Do you think that that might work?"
GM
 GM, 376 posts
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 04:57
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
"Perhaps... but a path built upon lies cannot abide under the gaze of the Sovereign One.  The words you choose may be flattering, but they must also be true."
Christopher
 player, 377 posts
 "Well, it could have been
 worse."
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 05:27
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
"Agreed. Shall I try it?"
GM
 GM, 377 posts
Mon 28 Oct 2019
at 02:05
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
He considers thoughtfully.

"How exactly are you going to 'walk up to them' if you can't see them?  Even with your companion's observations and descriptions, you won't know exactly where to look, and you won't be able to track them quickly if they move around..."
Christopher
 player, 378 posts
 "Well, it could have been
 worse."
Mon 28 Oct 2019
at 02:59
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
"I may not have to know where they are in order to speak to them. Speaking out into the open might work. If I can make myself intriguing enough, they may want to make contact with me. Alternatively, I could try singing to them. If music has power, maybe a suitably friendly song could summon them."
GM
 GM, 378 posts
Mon 28 Oct 2019
at 03:04
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
He nods thoughtfully.

"I know not what path is best, but the Sovereign One has brought you here for just such a time as this."

"Walk prayerfully, and may He guard and guide your steps."

Christopher
 player, 379 posts
 "Well, it could have been
 worse."
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 05:47
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
I offer a short prayer to God for wisdom in this situation, and spend a few minutes attempting to rewrite a song for the purposes of befriending fae. I eventually decide on a short retooling of the "Welcome Song" from My Little Pony.

I then consult Korax as to the faes' location and follow his directions. ::Please let me know where they are and what they are doing, but do so surreptitiously.::

After leaving my gun where I was sitting (in case the fae are intimidated by its appearance), I walk to a position approximately 20 feet from the fae, using Korax to let me know when I have reached such a position, or if the fae look like they want to bolt. As I walk, I remove a quarter from my stash of change and keep it in my hand. Not that I think that they will immediately be able to tell that they are my targets; after all, they believe themselves to be hidden from my eyes.

I then call out to them in a voice that I try to make as friendly as possible: "Hello there! How might you be doing this fine day? My name is Christopher and I am a friend. I would very much like to meet you, and perhaps chat a bit. Who knows?" I then hold my quarter up. "Maybe we can trade more than words if such an arrangement would be pleasing to you."

This message was last edited by the player at 06:34, Sun 21 June 2020.

GM
 GM, 379 posts
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 06:23
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
OOC: Have you already sung the song you composed, or did you compose it to keep in readiness for singing later?  O_o
Christopher
 player, 380 posts
 "Well, it could have been
 worse."
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 06:43
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
Composed it in readiness. I wanted it as a backup.
GM
 GM, 380 posts
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 07:07
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
RPoL Dice Roller:
23:56, Today: GM, on behalf of Christopher, rolled 18 using 3d10.  GE Fae Intro.

You continue to hear only the sounds of wind and water, birds and sheep.

:: A swift departure.  There are now none to be seen. ::
Christopher
 player, 381 posts
 "Well, it could have been
 worse."
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 07:16
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
I click my tongue with frustration. "Might as well try singing." I think to myself.

I spend a couple of seconds running through the improvised retooling of the "Welcome Song". Thankfully, the original was very short, and mostly applicable.

I clear my throat, and begin singing in a loud and, hopefully, jolly tone.

"Greetings! Greetings! Greetings! Some fine greetings to you!
Greetings! Greetings! Greetings! I say: how do you do?
Greetings! Greetings! Greetings! I say: hip! Hip! Hooray!
Greetings! Greetings! Greetings! I'd like to meet you fae!"


I try to strike a friendly gesture by reaching my hand out like I want a handshake.
GM
 GM, 381 posts
Thu 4 Jun 2020
at 06:00
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
RPoL Dice Roller:
22:44, Today: GM, on behalf of Christopher, rolled 11 using 3d10.  GE Welcome Song.


Several heartbeats later...

:: They are coming back, but they look wary... ::

Several more heartbeats later...

"Who are you, laddie?  And how did you know we were here?"
Christopher
 player, 382 posts
 "Well, it could have been
 worse."
Thu 4 Jun 2020
at 15:12
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
A thought quickly crosses my mind: "If they are wary, especially when their cover is blown, openness may be the best move."

I try and speak in a calming voice. "I am called Christopher. You have no need to be concerned about me, for I want nothing more than to speak with you as a potential friend. I am what might be called a 'student of culture' from a far away land, and interaction with others is beloved by me. As a sign of good faith, I will tell you how I am able to see you. Korax, come forth. I send a telepathic command, just in case he can't hear my voice.

When Korax is visible, I hold out my hand to receive him. After he lands, I speak. "This is my faithful friend and companion." I say while petting him. "His eyes are far sharper than mine, and it is with his help that I was able to 'see' you." I pet him a little bit more.

"What say you, good fae? Would you be willing to at least speak with me for bit? There is no need to unveil yourself, if it makes you uncomfortable."
GM
 GM, 382 posts
Sun 21 Jun 2020
at 05:25
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
At the border between the grassy clearing you are standing in and the nearest trees, you see a small figure step out from behind a tree, though the deep shade makes it difficult to discern many details.

"Do you want to take a walk with me then, son of Adam?"

Next to the speaker, you see a path stretching from the edge of your grassy clearing into the nearby trees...
Christopher
 player, 383 posts
 "Well, it could have been
 worse."
Sun 21 Jun 2020
at 06:30
Re: CJ 03: Christopher Chosen
I think to myself: "If folktales are any indication, it may not be the wisest idea to, for want of a better phrase, enter the faelands. At the same time, since I've gone through all the trouble of making contact, I'd better be prepared to interact on their terms."

I answer: "I would be honored to accompany you. Would you be willing to allow me to inform my friend of my absence. I do not believe that it would do to simply leave him without saying a word."

GM Question: What can I tell about the fae creature's appearance? Is the voice masculine or feminine?

This message was last edited by the player at 06:37, Sun 21 June 2020.