D&D: Generations.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Rocky
 player, 3 posts
 Envoy Warforged
 Circle of the Moon Druid
Sun 30 Sep 2018
at 00:21
D&D: Generations
Doc nods and says, "Thank you, Tam," to her as she offers a berry, which the dear eats.

Rocky nods at the interaction between Tam and Doc but tilts his head at Mittens as the Warforged suspects he'd twitch an eyebrow if he had one at being labeled as part of 'Mittens Mercenaries' without him ever agreeing to such... especially since he finds the name to be rather inappropriate for a group anyways as he and his companions belong to no one and 'Mittens Mercenaries' sounds like the group belongs to Mittens. But the Warforged chalks it up to the strangeness of 'civilized fleshy folk' as he still hasn't figured out why people wear different and often more revealing clothing when they go swimming as he can't think of a job where such clothing is an appropriate uniform.

Never the less, Rocky and his companions follow Mittens into the tavern and look for a place to sit down where he can observe things... as Rocky considers sitting away from Mittens to reinforce that he does not belong to anyone, and neither does Tam, Doc, Adrian, or Buzz.

Rocky turns to Mittens and asks her softly to try to not draw too much attention to himself from everyone else in the tavern, "And since when does a group of individuals traveling together become mercenaries working for you? I know that my companions and myself did not agree to work as your mercenaries. Besides, mercenaries get paid and you have never approached us about such compensation. If you're going to pull names out of thin air, at least come up with ones that aren't self-gratifying at the expense of others. It comes off as childish." Rocky doesn't bother to mention that if he'd been asked he'd have wanted a name for a group to be more natural than egotistical by being named after a member of the group. It's not like he'd suggest that the group be known as Rocky's Roughnecks, although he isn't sure why he suspects Buzz would really not like that name.... must have been based on a story he'd heard at one point. Rocky knows such a name as that would be just as self-gratifying as Mittens Mercenaries... although it could have been worse... Mitten's Minions... Rocky shakes his head slightly as he outgrew such 'childishness' during the first year of his life when he was just starting his druidic studies. Rocky then sighs as he remembers that 'fleshy humanoids' tend to mature slower, so Mittens might be an adolescent for all he knows.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 00:23, Sun 30 Sept 2018.

Joe
 player, 842 posts
Sun 30 Sep 2018
at 01:18
D&D: Generations
  Liberty checks her crossbow. Somewhere another mercenary so proud.

  Joe should care about the brand names he is associated with more.  But Mittens Mercenaries is at least an incredibly catchy name that won't become wildly out of date like a hometown theme.

  "Honestly Rocky, it's you putting up with the rest of us stopping to eat every day that's more notable than putting up with name ideas."  Look, photosynthesis counts as eating. Probably.  But One and a half druids (and a magic plant) alongside his own experience means the group hardly ever has to even look at their rations.

  On that subject, he smiles towards the waiting waitress and asks "I'll have what you'd be willing to spend a gold piece on", and looks to Liberty asking "Did you have a preference?" Joe may have gotten proficient (hah) at cooking in their travels, but much of the value in quality food is 'I didn't have to make it myself'.
Mittens
 GM, 2496 posts
Sun 30 Sep 2018
at 03:55
Re: D&D: Generations
Through prestidigitation, the message, "Have weapon, will travel," is floating above Mittens' head to make it clear that she's not walking into the tavern with a bunch of armed adults, children, and other things in order to rob the place.  She's kicking herself that her mumblings got overheard by the mini druid, but pretends like she didn't hear the comeback in order to avoid any undue attention to that foible.  Having seen the crier pin the parchment notice, she's making a beeline for said parchment so that when she questions the crier she won't get brushed off with a finger point at the parchment.

Rocky:
"It comes off as childish."


Mits' ears wiggle and she grins to Rocky.  "Why, thank you!  No worries about group name, it can be changed.  Two words or less, memorable, gets the point across that we can be lethal to villains without sounding overly threatening, your own personal criterion...  Go!"

Once she's devoured the parchment notice she approaches the town crier.  "Three experienced heroes and their side-kicks are now within earshot.  But just so's you know, we're already financially independent from previous adventures, so these days we're picky about what jobs we take on."
Narrator
 player, 1313 posts
 For narrating
 and convenience
Sun 30 Sep 2018
at 05:14
Re: D&D: Generations
Tam got the approval of her teacher, so she's happy enough. And lack of answer just tells her Mittens either got distracted and wasn't paying attention, or doesn't have a comeback, thus further affirming the girl.

Liberty is actually one of those "horrible cook" anime cliches when it comes to cooking. Joe has an uphill struggle on teaching her on that end. But that doesn't stop her from having food preferences. "Steak and salad please."

Liberty then looks about at the group. "Hmm... a name for our group... Each of us likes the idea of self-sus... the word for being able to take care of yourself without help."

Tam says, "Self-sustaining?"

Liberty smiles and says, "Yeah. That. Um... well lessee... Rocky, Adrian, Buzz, Doc, and Tam are all into nature. Joe's into equal treatment. Mittens is into adventure. Timothius likes caution. I like freedom. To echo what Mittens just said, we could be the Picky Partners. But how about Adventure's Allies?"

Timothius says, "Gosh, that's a nice one, Liberty." he then looks at Rocky  and says, "As you have just found out, Mittens likes childish."

The parchment reads:
Hear ye! Hear ye!
Lord Henry of Gavenport is sending out a summons to all adventurers interested in a chance for good coin! Meet at the Gavenport Town Hall for more details!


The crier faces Mittens. "Ah. I see. It has been my experience that financial independence could simply mean you don't use money because you live under the sky and forage for food in the wilderness. And judging from how many of your apparent group look like animated wilderness, I would say that's why you are financially independent. But what about that wonderful piece of magical gear you always wanted, but was too cost-prohibitive? Assuming you take the job when you hear about it, pay starts at 1,000 gold per participant and just goes up from there."

The group is getting glances from pretty much everyone. Some are staring. One looks scared of Rocky. Another looks scared of Mittens. Nobody seems afraid of Joe or the children. Imagine that.

The waitress is kinda dumbfounded at a deer walking in, but dares not ask this pile of crazies to please leave their deer outside. She looks back at Joe and seems slightly put at ease by his smile. "I, uh... a gold would pay for a full spread of our best for all of you. Soooo... that's what I'll fetch."
Rocky
 player, 4 posts
 Envoy Warforged
 Circle of the Moon Druid
Sun 30 Sep 2018
at 14:17
Re: D&D: Generations
Rocky expects the waitress to be even more dumbfounded when the deer, Doc, sits down at the table with the others before politely saying, I'd like a vegetarian salad."

Moments afterward, Buzz, the Giant Fire Beetle sits down next to the deer and says, "I think I'll go with the beef stew. It's been a while since I've had stew."

The 'mobile shrub', Adrian, then moves next to the Giant Fire Beetle and politely says, "I will only want water." which makes sense since the bush is a plant and gets nutrients from sunlight, soil, and water.

Rocky is pleased that his companions are remaining polite as he adds, "I don't require anything." since Warforged can be but don't require food so he sees little point in eating just to eat. However he knows Tam is probably hungry, and he expects Tam to order for herself.
Joe
 player, 843 posts
Mon 1 Oct 2018
at 01:33
Re: D&D: Generations
  Adventurers' allies... Would it take off? Or would it be written off as 'takes too long to write'?

  Joe nods to the soon to be overworked(?) waitress "Thank you. Travel means we take advantage of fine service when we can, but hardly give a chance for staff to get used to us." He needed to break his habit of gloomy corner cliche seating anyways, so at least Rocky's walking zoo broke that habit.

  He looks over to the crier, and says "While that does sound good, it would sound better if that were in writing. I'm sure the habit started with the excuse of 'we don't want too many applicants', but it's turned into a poor reputation of down on their luck nobles hoping 'well, now that you're here' will keep interest."

  Some people have even been offering vague titles like 'Hero of Spielberg'.  Nothing probably would have come from that job.
Mittens
 GM, 2497 posts
Mon 1 Oct 2018
at 02:48
Re: D&D: Generations
Mittens smiles when Liberty tries her hand at group naming and gives her an approving clap.  Having gotten used to Rocky not eating by now, she need not comment on that.  His loss.  But a walking shrub asking for water never gets old!  XD

She pretends not to notice the person scared of her, but to help ease any nervousness, the "have weapon will travel" sign fades away.  And Mittens gives her lil bro a big cuddle, rubbing cheeks with him to prove just how adorable and harmless magical cat people can be.

"Solid logic, my good sir.  With that magic item, I will be better prepared to rescue people in need.  Please don't take to heart my good friend's jaded reaction that results from our less honest patrons.  I have no doubt that your confidence in the veracity of your Lord's offer is not unfounded.

"Allow me to clarify why I said what I did.  I wanted to know details about the heroic deed that needs done that would warrant such a large reward.  And I wanted you to know that the saving of lives is my top priority."


(( Oh thank goodness this isn't vanilla 5e "why would we bother helping GMs or players with a magic item economy?" world. ))
Narrator
 player, 1314 posts
 For narrating
 and convenience
Tue 2 Oct 2018
at 22:15
Re: D&D: Generations
Tam orders veggie stew and water with a side of pork.
Timothius orders beef stew and some bread.

The waitress curtsies politely and rushes off to get the orders.

The crier says, "Beyond what you know at this point, the only other details I know is how to get to the town hall. Lord Henry is keeping it confidential. Likely because he doesn't want to clue anyone in on something before he has a chance to take advantage of it. Suppose he was hiring adventurers to find a rumored gold mine. Other Lords would immediately take notice and race to be the first to hire people to find it. But that is only a hypothetical. I have no idea what he is keeping secret."

He turns to Joe and shrugs. "I'm just the messenger. Adding to what was written could land me in jail for falsifying records and putting words in the mouth of Lord Henry. I certainly don't pretend to understand politics or what affects Lord Henry's reputation. But I can tell you it isn't his habit to exclude the pay, it is merely how this writ was designed. And once the job is accepted, there will be writing involved on both parties."
Rocky
 player, 5 posts
 Envoy Warforged
 Circle of the Moon Druid
Fri 5 Oct 2018
at 04:50
Re: D&D: Generations
Doc, Buzz, and Adrian wait for their orders to be filled after the waitress takes all of the orders.

Rocky glances around and ponders what Lord Henry's request will be... as he knows he'll reject it if it is something along the lines of exterminating a sentient species in the forest so the trees can be logged until the forest is no more. Although the warforged honestly doubts that to be the case, with lords that get greedy you never know. Rocky does wonder if that reward would be per person, or split amongst the group. If it is per person, then it will be amusing to find out what Doc, Buzz, and Adrian would want with their rewards.
Joe
 player, 844 posts
Fri 5 Oct 2018
at 05:38
Re: D&D: Generations
  "A bunch of adventurers not vanishing in the general area would be good for their reputation, so let's hope it stays that way to go along with their habit of pleasing Dol Dorn." I need you to loot a completely harmless and horror free tomb. Yes, I know that's oddly specific.

  Joe is also amazed at how often bar fights seem to happen, given the average upper arm strength of the serving staff.
Mittens
 GM, 2498 posts
Fri 5 Oct 2018
at 07:34
Re: D&D: Generations
Timothius cuddles didn't result in a bar fight!  Score one for Mittens!

"What does a race to a gold mine or excluding pay details have to do with vanishing adventurers or Dol Dorn's approval?  And people accuse Mittens of being random."

Mits offers to pay for the crier's drink as thanks for the info.  "Thanks for the info!  'Confidential' is more than was known moments ago, and the speculation is helpful too.  In the absence of any emergencies popping up, we'll likely be answering the call.  So may as well get those directions to Town Hall from you as well.  Anything else we should know about the local goings-on?  'Don't drink the Dragon's Breath at The Aces and Eights Tavern, one sip could drop an ogre,' for example."

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:34, Fri 05 Oct 2018.

Narrator
 player, 1315 posts
 For narrating
 and convenience
Sat 6 Oct 2018
at 01:32
Re: D&D: Generations
The crier shrugs. "I'm not from this town, honestly. I live in the eastern district of Gavenport, but I'll tell you what I know. The people here in Gavton are friendly and accommodating. It's a good place if passing through, and rather welcoming to anyone wanting to find a more permanent home here, but Gavton relatively boring for adventurers since it is usually peaceful. There's some kind of history on the Town Bell, but nobody can agree on it. The stories range from it being a gift from the fairies to it being forged by a dwarf in the southeast mountains." He then gives directions to Gavenport's Town Hall. "There is no need to dress up... if anything, coming geared up as you would for any of the quests you normally take on would be better because you would be communicating that you are ready for the job. Lord Henry's a practical guy."

Liberty looks over to Rocky from her seat. "Hey Rocky. You ever curious what eating is like?"

Timothius is still purring from the cuddle earlier and leans against Mitts.

Tam looks at Joe when Mittens asks him what he meant. Looks like she's just as confused.

(Gavton is a standard town and Gavenport is a standard port city. Neither have quests available aside from the one announced by Lord Henry. I can skip to the Town Hall meeting if you guys like. What do you guys wanna do in the 15 days before then?)
Rocky
 player, 6 posts
 Envoy Warforged
 Circle of the Moon Druid
Sat 6 Oct 2018
at 02:30
Re: D&D: Generations
Rocky turns to Liberty and shakes his head, "Not particularly. I am capable of ingesting food or liquids, but I don't draw nourishment from them. Otherwise, I would not be able to use a healing potion. When the Warforged race was designed, such a flaw of being unable to use the common healing potion would be an issue they would have resolved before the first of my species was created."

(OOC I have no issue with a time skip. Rocky would spend the time teaching Tam. The lessons would probably include having Rocky working on herbalism based potions or resource gathering in the area to produce components. The potion or components could be sold if not needed so that they don't run short on funds for himself, Tam, Adrian, Buzz, and Doc since it doesn't hurt to make sure your not using up cash reserves while waiting for a quest..)
Joe
 player, 845 posts
Sat 6 Oct 2018
at 03:34
Re: D&D: Generations
  "People he hires returning alive is good for his reputation, duh.  Also paying your tab is right up there with sports and war to Dol Dorn."

  Meanwhile with the fluffy cats doing their fluffy thing, Joe takes comfort in the fact he is not the least adorable party member... Wait, is he supposed to be upset about being medium adorable?

  OOC: Unless people need the extra time, I'm good for travel fast forward.

  Joe's questionable decisions. Trying to teach a small girl to cook better. Making food for her and eating the food she makes clearly won't lead to ANY guilt.

  Joe's responsible decisions.  Trying to teach a girl what everyone from adventurers to skeletons to bandits take for granted so hard even the worst of GMs never remember to call you on it.  Instinctively knowing your weapon's effective range.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:34, Sat 06 Oct 2018.

Mittens
 GM, 2499 posts
Sat 6 Oct 2018
at 04:02
Re: D&D: Generations
"Mittens is pleased to hear that Lord Henry is practical when it comes to attire."

Eeeveryone has some impracticality in them, but Mits isn't about to get into a nitpick about "Just because he's practical about one specific thing doesn't make him a practical guy.  Or vice versa."

Mits takes notes in her scrapbook in her Joe section...

* Not including details about pay proves that you pay your tab.
 -> Therefore Dol Dorn supports secret pay scales.  And sports.
 -> Therefore the mystery of how judges figure out who won a close boxing match is holy.
* Lack of details on a quest is directly connected with kidnapping.
 -> Verify with commoners how many of them actually care when adventurers go missing.

Under Rocky...
* When creating a new race, be sure to include the ability to benefit from magical consumables to avoid their criticism.
 -> Ability to enjoy yummy food not important.
 (Note to self.  Work on ability to pretend that Liberty makes palatable dishes.)

Under Timothius...
* Cuddles reliably start purr engine.
 -> Purr engine has heavy flywheel and will continue long after cuddles discontinued.
 -> Continued evidence that cuteness is directly connected with trustworthiness.

Mits gives her bro another hug.  :3

"That bell sure sounds neato!  I'll be sure to check it out soon as I can.  Thanks again!"

As soon as everyone's done noms, Mits will discreetly let the group know she has no intention of waiting 15 days to be seen by Lord Henry and will try to get an audience that very day!

(( EDIT: I've thought about the "how do they know that they're exactly within range?"  Especially at the longer distances.  And excused it with, "Eh.  It's a game.  And judging distance was a pretty basic skill of any hunter before range finders were invented if anyone needs proof of 'Realism.'" ))

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:23, Sat 06 Oct 2018.

Narrator
 player, 1316 posts
 For narrating
 and convenience
Sat 6 Oct 2018
at 05:06
Re: D&D: Generations
(Fast-forwarding then)

When the group left Gavton, they were only delayed by the occasional townsfolk who wanted them to stay simply because the group is such a novelty. But most townsfolk were nervous and are relieved to see the adventurers head to Gavenport.

When the group arrives in Gavenport, they are stopped by the gate guards and questioned, but eventually allowed in. The group gets a lot of stares and one man even throws away his booze, thinking he is so drunk he is seeing things. Eventually, guards come and accompany the group, saying that people are getting scared and having guards with the group will calm most of the city's people.

The group arrives at Gavenport's Town Hall and after some asking / insisting, they are granted audience with Lord Henry. Who has a most pleased look on his face upon seeing the team. "Welcome! Welcome!" he says jovially. His voice seems to have a naturally high volume and carries through the room with ease. "I was hoping someone would take initiative! And my goodness you bunch have several exotic people among you!"

He claps his hands together and says, "Now let's get down to business! The task I have in mind for you all to do is recruitment. But before you dismiss it as a mundane task unworthy of your attention, I expect you bunch to make sure any potential recruits live up to your standards by taking each potential recruit with you on any quests you find in the places I'll be sending you! So, in a sense, I am hiring you all to do what you would be doing anyway, but with the added stipulation that you take potential adventurers with you on the tasks you would have been doing."

He hops out of his seat excitedly and trots over to a table with a map on it. "I have multiple locations marked down on this map, as you can see. There, you will track down and test out any rumored potential adventurers."

He looks like he is barely containing his excitement. Like a kid in a toy store.

Pretty much looks like this:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/72/30/66/72306647b27e8c681990e47b0f26add8.png
Rocky
 player, 7 posts
 Envoy Warforged
 Circle of the Moon Druid
Sun 7 Oct 2018
at 14:10
Re: D&D: Generations
Rocky observes Lord Henry and quietly thinks to himself, 'this could be to create a large group of powerful individuals who can help the people... Or this could be the man's way to identify everyone who could oppose him and then ambush those people when the time is right as part of some hostile takeover of adjacent lands and turning the city into a throne of tyranny. Or he could be wanting the adventurers to become his army to wage conquest on neighboring areas... or one of a hundred other possibilities. Humans are so hard to predict when actions can be interpreted in so many ways... Time will tell what his true motives are. This place doesn't feel very in tune with nature, but then again no city does.'

Buzz, Doc, and Adrian remain silent while listening to the conversation going on around them.
Joe
 player, 846 posts
Mon 8 Oct 2018
at 06:32
Re: D&D: Generations
  The main reason  Joe would not expect such duplicity is because it's the fast track to ending your own rule to try such a dumb plan as 'find as many low level heroes as possible, then do bad things'.

  "Do you know anything about them other than location?" Joe eyes the map, he should recognize the destinations. Or at least have no problems getting to them.
Mittens
 GM, 2500 posts
Tue 9 Oct 2018
at 02:40
Re: D&D: Generations
Mits was having fun with the mixed notoriety on the way.  Kinda nostalgic for those days when she and Timothius first ventured from that hometown we don't talk about.  Much the same reaction as back then, only now it's more severe that she hangs out with cyber captain planet and the shrubeteers.

She gladly hands out autographed cat ear headbands to her fans, reminding them, "Yes we are indeed the same Mittens and Timothius who took down the Green Fist bandit gang.  And now that we've teamed up with these fine people, we're the same that ended the Antler Horror's reign of terror!"

Fun times.  On to the scene with Lord Henry.

Mits writes in her journal, dictating aloud as she does.  "Upon meeting with Lord Henry Himself, Mittens' already high opinion of the man improved all the more.  Sure, there was the expected level of refinement and culture from a highborn man who commands so important a city, from the exquisite taste in decor to the finely tailored attire.  But the unexpected details were what were really impressive.  A sunshine smile like that of a cousin seeing their dearly missed Timothius for the first time since the last birthday.  And genuine eyes to match.  The eager and resonant voice that, while delivering eloquent words, avoided, nay eschewed even the least hint of a haughty air.  What sort of singular man was this?  Certainly not at all the same as any nobility Mittens has encountered before."

Mits taps the fluff of her quill against her cheek, as if thinking then addresses Lord Henry.  "So lemme guess.  You've decided to abdicate to a trusted friend to chase your life-long dream of becoming an adventurer?  Well you're in luck!  You'll be hard pressed to find a more honest and noble group of adventurers as my companions without somehow diving into the fantasy world of a storybook.  By joining us, you needn't worry yourself with what might happen to your share of the treasure as you sleep off the fatigue of your shift of the nightly watch.  And moreover, each one here is experienced enough to not flinch when deadly danger presents itself.  Ever hear word of the Antler Horror of Haven Woods?  We're the same who faced that abomination and ended it's reign of terror!  What sort of combat skill do you have?"
Narrator
 player, 1317 posts
 For narrating
 and convenience
Thu 11 Oct 2018
at 00:36
Re: D&D: Generations
Lord Henry answers Joe first, "I only know bits and pieces. You're actually part of my getting to know these fine folk! But what I know shall be yours, since you're taking up the quest."

Lord Henry hands a piece of parchment to Joe.

He then turns to Mittens with a twinkle in his eye. "You are quite correct about my motivation and desires! And yes, I have heard of the Green Fist and the Antler Horror! I didn't dare to hope you were the same kitty heroes who took down the Green Fist and then worked alongside the self-aware construct to face the Antler Horror... but now that it is confirmed, may I take this moment to say what an honor it is to meet such wonderful heroes! The lot of you!"

The kids are blushing, but seem to have proud smiles, looking up at their heroes; Liberty looking to Joe, Tam looking to Rocky, and Timothius looking to Mittens.

The parchment:
(Listed in order of closest to farthest)

Last Reported Location: Glimmerville
Name: Jamie
Race: Human
Gender: Unknown
Known For: Taking down the town bullies

Last Reported Location: Harolton
Name: Avery
Race: Harpy
Gender: Female
Known For: Driving off a band of orcs that wanted to raid Harolton.

Last Reported Location: The Great Forest
Name: Unknown
Race: Construct
Gender: Unknown
Known For: Friend of the elves. Defeating the Antler Horror.

Last Reported Location: The Great Forest
Name: Joe
Race: Human
Gender: Male
Known For: Knighted for his service to the crown. Defeating the Antler Horror.

Last Reported Location: The Great Forest
Name: Mittens
Race: Catfolk
Gender: Female
Known For: Taking down the Green Fist. Defeating the Antler Horror.

Last Reported Location: The Great Forest
Name: Unknown
Race: Elf
Gender: Unknown
Known For: Protecting travelers from beast and bandit alike.

Last Reported Location: Charlton
Name: Honey
Race: Human
Gender: Female
Known For: Eccentric. Solves local disputes. Knocked out a guard and got away with it.

Last Reported Location: Charlton
Name: Morthos
Race: Tiefling
Gender: Male
Known For: Took down the local gang.

Last Reported Location: Bright Wood
Name: Unknown
Race: Unknown
Gender: Unknown
Known For: Mysteriously helping out the nearby town of Newerville.

Last Reported Location: Newville
Name: Chestnut
Race: Kender
Gender: Male
Known For: Singing exaggerated, unbelievable and unverifiable stories. But also known to be a capable fighter.

Last Reported Location: Newerville
Name: May
Race: Kobold
Gender: Female
Known For: Slew a dragon

....the list goes on, but those are all the ones within 30 miles.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:41, Thu 11 Oct 2018.

Rocky
 player, 8 posts
 Envoy Warforged
 Circle of the Moon Druid
Sun 14 Oct 2018
at 13:21
Re: D&D: Generations
Rocky nods to Lord Henry when he is mentioned dealing with the Antler Horror. Rocky remembers dealing with the monstrosity that was the Antler Horror alongside Joe and Mittens but doesn't speak much about the event as he's never felt the need to do so. he figured it would come up once Tam was ready to face such threats as an example both of the type of unnatural threats to the world and that you can't deal with everything on your own.

The warforged glances at the list again before saying, "Even if you remove us from this list, it would take white a while to work our way through this list. It would probably be best to compare the locations to a map to plot out the shortest route to meet with the people on this list to avoid backtracking." Rocky glances to Joe and asks, "I'm guessing your already starting to do that, given how you are with maps."
Joe
 player, 847 posts
Mon 15 Oct 2018
at 01:09
Re: D&D: Generations
  'Knocked out a guard and got away with it' stands out more than 'slew a dragon' (I don't have skewed priorities, YOU have skewed priorities!).  The Mysterious helper clearly isn't Maverick because there is nothing mysterious about stabbing evil.

  "It was a lot more deer than antler, but at least that made it less pointy." See previous comment about priorities.

  He nods to Rocky, "Yes. Turns out the frequency of incredibly similar town names catches more people off guard than traversing unmarked wilderness." Harloton, legally distinct from Charlston.
Mittens
 GM, 2501 posts
Mon 15 Oct 2018
at 18:56
Re: D&D: Generations
Turns out Newertown was founded before Newtown, making its namesake a lie!  Dun dun duuun!

"Mittens can recount the entire saga with a puppet show as we travel.  Good to hear that you're so enthused about becoming and adventurer.  A strong motivation is the number one ingredient to what makes for a great hero!  So you needn't be embarrassed about a lack of combat skill.  That can be learned.  Motivation is much harder to willfully acquire.

"So lead the way, Joe!  We've an adventure to start!"

Narrator
 player, 1318 posts
 For narrating
 and convenience
Tue 16 Oct 2018
at 04:49
Re: D&D: Generations
Lord Henry says, "The choice of where to go is yours, friends! But do please inform me so that if other adventurers show interest, I won't direct them someplace you are already going. So please write me with information on where you are going and about how long you figure it will take you to get there. Actually, if there are any on this list you are not interested in at all, that would be helpful. But at least I know I can cross YOU all off the list!"

(Feel free to time skip yourselves if you wish. The plot hook is sprung. It is up to you, the players, to choose where to go. You can opt to RP the travel to the place, or handwave you had a few encounters on the way but not go into detail, or simply skip travel entirely. I have no preference.)
Rocky
 player, 9 posts
 Envoy Warforged
 Circle of the Moon Druid
Tue 16 Oct 2018
at 17:27
Re: D&D: Generations
Rocky doesn't have any issues with the various places on the list although he does fill in the 'missing' information about himself filling his name in as Rocky, clarifying that his race is Warforged and that he views himself as male. He also marks a note that he's part of the team. Rocky then hands the list over to the others in the group so they can 'cross themselves off the list'.

Rocky turns to Joe and says, "I think we should take the route that would cover the most places in the least amount of time. Since your best with maps, which locations would that cover? And are there any spots we'd miss unless we really went out of our way?"

(OOC Don't have an issue with a time skip or not, Rocky is responding to Lord Henry's request about marking themselves off the list and deferring to Joe's expertise in traveling with his knowledge of maps to figure out the order in which to go places.)