Not Dark Sun.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Hoal
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 00:49
Re: Not Dark Sun
  Not suspecting someone's hidden homicidal and possibly cannibalistic tendencies can happen when you have merely default Wisdom values.

  "I suppose it is a good sign that the entry toll seems somewhat justified in that case."  Imagine if there was still an entry toll for a barely populated location, then it would just be silly.
Shardon
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 00:53
Re: Not Dark Sun
Shardon asks, "Well... traveling costs don't pay for themselves. So I suggest we find if there are any jobs locally, then kick back. Going my way?" he starts heading for the nearest tavern for, hopefully, a bulletin with jobs on it.
Hoal
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 01:01
Re: Not Dark Sun
  "Unless the only jobs available are particularly competitive, I have little reason not to follow your example."  Hoal occasionally wondered why such a job board would be inside a tavern as opposed to outside.  As far as he can figure, this may be due to the fact drunken adventurers seeing a dangerous task may be more likely to go 'I can totally do that!'
Shardon
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 01:05
Re: Not Dark Sun
Once inside the tavern, Shardon checks out the billboard and says, "Hmm... got some good prospects here. Though most of them will need a larger group than just us two." He grabs a grape from a nearby bowl and pops it in his mouth, pondering. "So I guess the next order of business is finding a team..."
Hoal
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 01:10
Re: Not Dark Sun
  Hoal nods, somehow sensing that only having one short person to work with could end poorly for him, like, in prison poorly.  "I wonder, would it be laziness or efficiency to put up our own notice on the board, advertising that we are seeking more to accomplish the actual jobs posted on said board?"
Shardon
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 01:15
Re: Not Dark Sun
Shardon nods and says, "Efficiency. After all, it won't hurt to go looking for team mates while having a post on the board." he posts a time he and Hoal will be back at the tavern. Sunset, daily. Then sets out to check out the city while keeping an eye out for capable adventurers.
Hoal
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 01:25
Re: Not Dark Sun
Hoal has basic but good ideas, looks like that Int primary is good for something after all.  The Genasi decides to split up with Shardon for the search to cover more of the city in their search for co-workers.
Narrator
 player, 31 posts
 For narrating
 and convenience
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 01:32
Re: Not Dark Sun
In his search, Hoal comes across a lone human male. Looks young, maybe 18. The guy is wearing a dark green cloak, has short light brown scruffy hair, and looks like he has a sword on each hip, a quiver on his back, and a bow resting next to him as he whittles away at some wood with a dagger.

Here's a pic of him:
http://rpolportraits.shannara-rose.com/mfr239.jpg
Hoal
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 01:44
Re: Not Dark Sun
  Hoal approaches the visibly armed youth openly.  "Hello, myself and another are seeking aid in completing some of the local odd jobs.  I shall leave you in peace if you are not interested, however if you are we then you can find us at sunset in the tavern."
Narrator
 player, 32 posts
 For narrating
 and convenience
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 03:08
Re: Not Dark Sun
The guy nods. "Name's Conner. See you at the tavern later."

As Hoal continues on, he finds another; A red haired human youth. He wears armor with a white cape and carries a sword and shield. He smiles and nods to Hoal.

http://rpolportraits.shannara-rose.com/mmr367.jpg
Hoal
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 04:26
Re: Not Dark Sun
  "Thank you Conner, I look forward to working with you."  Onward to adolescent knight sort!

  The Genasi returns the nod (it's more questionable if he succeeds in the smile return).  "Hello, I am seeking out people who would be interested in lightening the local job board.  A few are already involved, but more would be welcome if you feel it is acceptable."
Narrator
 player, 33 posts
 For narrating
 and convenience
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 06:01
Re: Not Dark Sun
The red haired human ohs? "Well.. sure. Are we starting now?"
Hoal
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 06:05
Re: Not Dark Sun
  "Your assistance is appreciated, though for now we shall be gathering at the tavern when the sun sets.  I suspect that the actual job itself shall take place tomorrow unless we choose to deal with a task best suited for nightfall.  Of course, there is no harm in us going there now to wait if you have no pressing matters."  Well, that's the original party size doubled.  If Shardon found so much as one person that would be acceptable, and four should be able to manage if not.
Narrator
 player, 34 posts
 For narrating
 and convenience
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 06:09
Re: Not Dark Sun
The guy shrugs and says, "I may as well go there now. Name's Kevin, by the way." He begins following Hoal.

Shardon - Striker
Hoal - Defender
Conner - Striker
Kevin - Leader

All they'd need to fill the team would be a controller. But really, anything will do at this point.
Hoal
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 06:13
Re: Not Dark Sun
  Go All Corruptor/Troller League Speed Lam!... Wait, wrong game.

  "Good to meet you Kevin, I am Hoal."   That said, trip to the tavern is go.  "I shall let the others introduce themselves, for they are likely better suited to it."
Narrator
 player, 35 posts
 For narrating
 and convenience
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 06:21
Re: Not Dark Sun
Once at the tavern, Hoal sees Shardon waiting there with a beautiful female halfling (Callie) and a more mundane looking female halfling with dusty brown hair. It's little surprise (pardon the pun) that Shardon would find more of his kind. Conner is also there, sitting at the table with Shardon. Shardon looks up to see Hoal with Kevin in tow and says, "Wow... we sure lucked out. One day and we got a full group."
Hoal
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 06:28
Re: Not Dark Sun
  It also speaks of their respective charisma scores when Shardon is the one out picking up chicks.

  Hoal nods, "It has been a fortunate situation, let us hope any task we decide is the best to take up goes just as well.  I am Hoal, and I thank you all for your assistance to come."
Narrator
 player, 36 posts
 For narrating
 and convenience
Wed 8 Feb 2012
at 22:59
Re: Not Dark Sun
Shardon nods. After introductions, the group does indeed agree to set out in the morning. Shardon gets a room for the 4 guys to share while the 2 girls could have their own room. But Paela (female halfling with dusty brown hair) seems to insist on having her own room entirely. Callie shrugs and says, "Your call. In that case, I'll be paying for my own room."
Hoal
Thu 9 Feb 2012
at 00:20
Re: Not Dark Sun
  So a Voidsoul, a Zombie, a cross dresser, a cleric, and two guys walk into a tavern...  Hmm, seems a bit drawn out for a joke opening.

  Hoal finds the arrangements acceptable, and the sudden adjustment for the girls does not exactly effect him so he leaves that be with no comment.  Though he shall double check the actual job listings for what to expect in the morning before sleeping himself.
Narrator
 player, 37 posts
 For narrating
 and convenience
Thu 9 Feb 2012
at 00:23
Re: Not Dark Sun
Next day rolls around. Hoal will have read and known that there is some kind of brigand problem, complete with ambushing caravans on the main road. Apparently, it's enough of an issue that even disguised guards were only able to barely escape with their lives.

But guards don't usually have clerics with them.
Hoal
Thu 9 Feb 2012
at 00:36
Re: Not Dark Sun
  Hoal wonders if one of the difficulties the disguised guards faced was not wearing armor for more authentic commoner looks.

  "One can only hope such luck with brazen assaults will have lowered their guard by now, but best not to assume so.  Suggestions beyond doubling up this task with a caravan guard job or most of us traveling as open targets while our more stealthy allies lurk out of sight are welcome."
Narrator
 player, 38 posts
 For narrating
 and convenience
Thu 9 Feb 2012
at 00:39
Re: Not Dark Sun
Callie says, "You're assuming the town will provide spare guards. But it won't hurt to ask. Well let's establish who here is stealthy. I'm not."

Shardon raises a hand. "I can sneak."

Conner raises a hand. "Decent."

Kevin headshakes.

Paela nods. "...i can sneak..."
Hoal
Thu 9 Feb 2012
at 01:08
Re: Not Dark Sun
  "I was not expecting any outside aid, though assuming caravans would be ready to leave in circumstances such as this who would take kindly to being used as bait is in hindsight, a potentially foolish assumption."   Hoal considers the responses regarding sneaking.

  "At least we are well prepared when it comes to half of us being able to have surprise on their side, if the only way to find the brigands is when they decide to surprise the rest of us."
Narrator
 player, 39 posts
 For narrating
 and convenience
Thu 9 Feb 2012
at 01:14
Re: Not Dark Sun
Callie ponders. "Well let's make like a caravan. Maybe even chat about riches tp catch their attention."
Hoal
Thu 9 Feb 2012
at 01:40
Re: Not Dark Sun
  "That seems like the best course of action for now, perhaps complaining how nobody could afford to buy our goods due to all the robberies as well."