Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)   Posted by Kitau.Group: 0
Corvus
 Player, 16 posts
 icecreem
 1 word
Mon 2 May 2016
at 05:44
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
Corvus Spends a few moments bandaging his hands and them looks to the rest of the team. "I suggest we move on for threat of another enemy finding us and catching us off guard."
Callie
 NPC, 303 posts
 Cleric of Sehanine
 Lover Halfling
Mon 2 May 2016
at 05:55
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
Callie exhales when Dido tells her to calm down. She nods to Ter and Corvus and says, "But first, we take five. Besides, Kitau needs to unwind."

After a few minutes of collecting herself, Callie asks, "I vote going down the stairs. I would rather be done with using stairs sooner than later. Thoughts?"

Dido shrugs. "Any direction is as good as any other. We don't know this place. But that said, let's all stick together. No scouting without the team. I'm expecting this place to be able to change the shape of rooms and halls just as easily as it shrunk us into pieces on a game board."
Terdisas
 GM, 760 posts
Mon 2 May 2016
at 06:12
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
  Considering their track record with stairs, defeating the stairs-eer, anything past the stairs is a sound priority.

  "At the very least, anything interrupting us here will not involve as many unwanted surprises as otherwise."

This message was last updated by the GM at 06:12, Mon 02 May 2016.

Kitau
 Player, 69 posts
Mon 2 May 2016
at 06:10
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
Once Kitau has beheaded the giant and mounted the heads among its collection, she stealthily sneaks to the stairs and scouts the next room out.  She returns and describes it.

A balcony overlooks a room filled with dark water. A rope bridge
slants sharply downward toward a wooden platform just above
the level of the water. Two other bridges connect that platform to
other balconies. Each balcony is 10 feet above the water.


"I didn't see any enemies."
Corvus
 Player, 17 posts
 icecreem
 1 word
Mon 2 May 2016
at 06:22
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
I say we move slowly across the bridge if we cross they may not look it but if the rope is dry rot then we may go for a swim and i would rather not.
Dido
 NPC, 199 posts
 With a hammer I serve
 The Heavy Metal Dragon
Mon 2 May 2016
at 06:30
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
Dido says, "Thanks for scouting, Kitau."

Callie says, "Aquatic enemies perhaps? Hiding in the water? Or gelatinous cubes, hiding in plain sight. Either way, we should proceed with caution."

Dido nods and says, "Kitau and I will take point then."

Callie nods. "I'll take rear as usual and watch our backs."

This message was last edited by the player at 06:30, Mon 02 May 2016.

Terdisas
 GM, 760 posts
Mon 2 May 2016
at 08:05
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
  "Well, we can always see just how excitable anything laying in wait is."

  "Chirp, shaman spirit that will totally hurt an adventurer if I die coming through."

  Superbird casually flaps into the room, sporting the silvery falcon look.

This message was last updated by the GM at 08:05, Mon 02 May 2016.

Kitau
 Player, 70 posts
Mon 2 May 2016
at 06:45
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
The feignt works!  Several sahuagin and two harpies come into view!

"Kill the intruders!  Destroy the bird!"

Kitau readies her javelin.
Narrator
 player, 898 posts
 For narrating
 and convenience
Mon 2 May 2016
at 06:57
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
A sahuagin priestess swims around from behind one of the platforms and shoots a bolt of water at superbird, destroying the familiar!  Or at least, so she thinks.

"They musst be weakened from fighting the ettin!  Presss the attack!"
Callie
 NPC, 304 posts
 Cleric of Sehanine
 Lover Halfling
Mon 2 May 2016
at 07:16
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
Callie trots down the stairs, spots the nearest raider and holds up her holy symbol. Apparently, she aims it just right, and sizzles the raider in a soft spot, burning a laser right through him, punching out the raider's back. Well there goes a spleen. KABLAM! "...I'd offer to talk this over, but I doubt you'd listen even if I offered a heal." quick recovery, considering she doubts she can restore a spleen.

Dido is empowered by Callie's attack, as a light glow surrounds him.


Move: To base of stairs
Standard: Sacred Flame v Raider 3. CRIT(28)!
 dmg: 30
 +5 thp to Dido


Raider 3 HP: 70 - 30 = 40

Narrator
 player, 899 posts
 For narrating
 and convenience
Mon 2 May 2016
at 07:24
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
A raider dives underwater then dramatically leaps into the air like a dolphin, landing on the low part of the bridge.

<Abyssal>"What are they ssaying, priesstess?"

The priestess ohs.  <Abyssal>"Keep forgetting you all don't speak common.  They're trash talking."

The raider charges and spears Callie with his trident!  <Abyssal>"Trash talk this!"
Dido
 NPC, 200 posts
 With a hammer I serve
 The Heavy Metal Dragon
Mon 2 May 2016
at 07:33
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
Dido raises a hand and a shield briefly pops in front of Callie, healing her wound a little. Dido then points at the Raider and says, "You're mine." and hops down the stairs before whacking the raider in the kidney with his hammer! The Raider feels a little disoriented.


Reaction: Shield of Devotion
 Effect: Callie regains 4 hp and Dido gains +2 to attacks v Raider 1.
Minor: Divine Challenge on Raider 1.
 Effect: Raider 1 will take 7 radiant dmg if it attacks without including Dido.
Move: To Raider 1.
Standard: Bahamut's Shield v Raider 1. Hit(30)!
 dmg: 9
 Raider 1 takes -2 to attacks until end of Dido's next turn.


Callie HP: 41 + 4 = 45
Raider 1 HP: 70 - 9 = 61

Narrator
 player, 900 posts
 For narrating
 and convenience
Mon 2 May 2016
at 07:49
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
A harpy lands on the bridge and sings alluringly about harpy hugs!  The heroes are put under her spell and begin to move closer to her!  Callie and Dido manage to at least drop prone before being pulled into the water.  A raider hops onto the bridge and charges Kitau, but the lil gnome manages to dodge!

This message was last edited by the player at 07:57, Mon 02 May 2016.

Terdisas
 GM, 761 posts
Mon 2 May 2016
at 08:20
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
  Terdisas sighs, and blasts the within range harpy off the bridge and into the water with a crack of thunder.

  "So it's going to be one of those dungeons, I see."  He shoves cotton in his ears (see previous examples of 'Adventurers' with the extra climbing gear), and hopes he doesn't miss any good one liners from his friends and Corvus.

  Of all the fights for his Familiar to be temporarily exploded.


Standard: Thunder slam vs Harpy. Hits. Harpy fails save vs dunk. 20 Thunder DMG.
Minor: Shove cotton in ears (Deafened mechanically is a -10 to perc checks it seems).
Save vs immobilized, success.

Harpy 2 HP: 71-20= 51

I got a bit confused for a bit thinking "Oh that must have missed me because I'm a CHA primary", but oh right, heroic tier. And enemies lower level than me with higher hit mods than me.

Narrator
 player, 901 posts
 For narrating
 and convenience
Tue 3 May 2016
at 04:20
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
Another harpy appears and uses another alluring song!  Kitau is pulled into the water!

This message was last edited by the player at 04:29, Tue 03 May 2016.

Kitau
 Player, 71 posts
Tue 3 May 2016
at 04:20
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
Lots of thrashing happens in the water near where Kitau fell in.  The water turns red and sahuagin limbs float to the surface.  Kitau reaches the surface and breaks free from the harpy's spell.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:40, Tue 03 May 2016.

Corvus
 Player, 18 posts
 icecreem
 1 word
Tue 3 May 2016
at 04:28
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
Corvus chants in Abyssal and lets out a loud yell like a sharp knife slicing through the air it hits the Raider in the back slicing him open and festering with a dark mist causing the skin touched by it to boil.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:30, Tue 03 May 2016.

Narrator
 player, 902 posts
 For narrating
 and convenience
Tue 3 May 2016
at 04:33
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
The priestess is appalled!  <abyssal>"Kill the gnome!"

<Common>"Kill the gnome!"

She shoots Kitau with her water cannon, blapping Kitau badly.  Kitau vanishes!
Callie
 NPC, 305 posts
 Cleric of Sehanine
 Lover Halfling
Tue 3 May 2016
at 04:54
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
Callie says, "I always like how the enemies panic and say "kill the wizard!" or "Kill the healer!" when they see one of us do our thing. Way to scare 'em, Kitau!"

She whirls the bastard sword while standing up acrobatically and takes a gash out of the raider near her! Kitau will notice a touch of extra martial precision in Callie's strike as Callie twisted the blade in a certain way that deals just that little bit of extra damage.

Callie then turns and blows a kiss that turns into a pink heart, flies to Kitau, and pops against her cheek, beginning to close her wounds.


Standard: Righteous Brand v Raider 1. Hit(22)!
 dmg: 11
Minor: Sohei Flurry.
 dmg: 3
Minor: Moon Touched on Kitau. Kit heals for 3 (wis mod)
 Effect: At the start of each of Callie's turns, she will roll a d8.
  Odds: Kit will gain that number in thp
  Evens: Kit will regain that number in hp
Save v Immob: 16


Kitau HP: 44 + 3 = 47
Raider 1 HP: 46 - 14 = 32

Dido
 NPC, 201 posts
 With a hammer I serve
 The Heavy Metal Dragon
Tue 3 May 2016
at 05:08
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
The raider shifts up and attacks Callie, missing horribly!

Dido yells, "You are MINE!" with the word "mine", the raider who swung at Callie gets slammed with a beam of light from the ceiling. "Remember?! When I tell you you are mine, you will duel me, or get hurt worse and miss the other person anyway!"

Being stuck, though, Dido has no choice but to attack the guy nearest him, so he uppercuts the guy with his hammer, cracking the guy's jaw and loosing some teeth! Now both raiders feel the weight of divine judgement...


Move: Stand from prone
Divine challenge hurts raider 1 for attacking Callie
Valorous Smite v Raider 2. Hit(22)!
 dmg: 16 and both Raider 1 and 2 are subject to Dido's Divine Sanction!
Save v immob: 9 fail


Raider 2 HP: 70 - 16 = 44

This message was last edited by the player at 05:09, Tue 03 May 2016.

Narrator
 player, 903 posts
 For narrating
 and convenience
Tue 3 May 2016
at 05:21
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
The harpy in the water flies up to the bridge and charges Callie, but does not damage.  The raider in front of Dido attacks.  And whiffs.
Terdisas
 GM, 762 posts
Tue 3 May 2016
at 05:45
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
  "I have the feeling I am missing a lot of good comments, oh well."  That said, he shoots the harpy in the face with a block of ice.  Sadly, this merely faceplants the bird lady, rather than sending them back into the water.
Corvus
 Player, 19 posts
 icecreem
 1 word
Tue 3 May 2016
at 05:57
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
Corvus goes to use a spell but the energy sputters out and he curses. Must have used to much power in our first battle.
Kitau
 Player, 72 posts
Tue 3 May 2016
at 06:11
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
The first harpy sings again, luring Dido into the water...  But the paladin bounces off the surface of the water like it's a water bed.  It blinks in surprise.  "What?!"

It then tries to fly around Callie, only to get cut bad by the cleric.  Tries to claw Callie and fails.

Invisible, the sounds of splashing, the bridge dips a little to one side, and the little thumps of armored gnome approaching is the only warning before...  Slice!  Slice!  The harpy in front of Callie drops dead, Kitau reappearing behind it.
Callie
 NPC, 306 posts
 Cleric of Sehanine
 Lover Halfling
Tue 3 May 2016
at 06:21
Re: Thunderspire Laberynth (part 2)
Callie hops to the north to flank with Ter and slashes the harpy. "I really wish I didn't have to hurt you, but you attacked us. Please stop so we can spare you?" she hopes if the harpy was able to sing in common that it speaks common.

Callie's attack gives Ter a boost. Kitau continues to feel Callie's kiss from earlier heal her some more. ^.^


Moon Touched roll: 6 (evens), Kit gains 6 hp and the effect ends.
Move: Shift up 1
Standard: Righteous Brand v Harpy 1. Hit(21)!
 dmg: 10


Kitau HP: 36 + 6 = 42
Harpy 1 HP: 54 - 10 = 44

This message was last edited by the player at 06:22, Tue 03 May 2016.