Arena Battle.   Posted by Seeker of Truth.Group: 0
Seeker of Truth
 GM, 403 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2012
at 03:26
Re: Group C
Fixed that! He shouldn't have said anything
Seeker of Truth
 GM, 404 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2012
at 04:52
Re: Group C
Ok here is the set up for this battle. You are going to fight daredevil as a fight. You start on the top of the bottom pillar and he will start at the top pillar. They are 15 meters high. You start with your weapon of choice. Role initiative.
Aeviternus
 player, 18 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2012
at 08:00
Re: Group C
Let's see how this works...

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:03, Sun 22 Jan 2012.

Seeker of Truth
 GM, 405 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2012
at 15:28
Re: Group C
Ok, so I went in your stat block and edited it, hitting the return key with the cursor just before the numbered location range and it made your first block easier to read.  check it out.  So that is how I would want you to adjust yours to make it easier to read.  Now in this combat, I will make everything seeable, so you can get mechanics from my side as well. This is the format that I like. Oh, one more thing. Don't use any possession/mind control stuff, that power kind of puts you on a different level, this is strictly for fighting mechanics

1. Descriptive text
2. private-mechanics/straight forward text
3. rolls for the turn of the character

Battle



Daredevil stood still, yet his senses scanned the platform and beyond, looking for his contestant. He had heard horror stories from some of his friends, stories of mysterious cosmic jokers and powerful beings ripping people from their beds and placing them in mysterious scenerios made to fight for other creatures pleasures. Seems that it was finally his turn...and he hoped that if he ended the fight quickly it would get him closer to home that much faster.

Daredevil, stood still, focusing his mind...



GM-ok, so you have initiative, it is your turn. You are pretty far away, you can start anywhere on the bottom platform.  When you post, tell me what hex you are in, make sure that you know what direction you are facing.  It matters. You normally would have had first post, I just wanted to lay it out there for you. DD isn't truly delaying because you have initiative.
Aeviternus
 player, 19 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2012
at 21:45
Re: Group C
Staring intently across the arena at a man that could only be presumed as a combatant, Aeviternus mused at this strange turn of events.  I can't say I'm happy about the delay, but perhaps if I impress those who've brought us here they would be willing to provide a little aid to my quest, he thought.  Quickly sizing up the man in red on the far platform did not stop Aeviternus from staring... there was something odd about the way his foe scanned the battlefield, but a reason or exactly why it was odd was elusive.  Aeviternus decided he must be skilled in hand to hand gauging by the outfit and the weapon in his hand, perhaps he needn't worry about being blasted off his perch.

Well let's give them what they want; shall we, scary red man?

Launching himself from the platform, Aeviternus pulled a short silver staff covered in runes and hieroglyphs from a hidden harness at the small of his back and shot one end of it towards one side of the adjacent platform.  As he careened through the air, the staff split at the mid way point and the end farthest from its owner shot out towards the closest ledge trailing chain behind it.  As it cut through the atmosphere, the device retracted blades around the top edge and aimed for purchase on the neighboring platform.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:47, Sun 22 Jan 2012.

Seeker of Truth
 GM, 406 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2012
at 23:41
Re: Group C
Ooc- make an athletics Check.  When doing any leaping climbing swinging movement it would be athletic, the lotus roll gets your weapon hooked on the edge. Often in the game I will make these rolls for you to speed things up, in this case I would like u to roll.
Aeviternus
 player, 20 posts
Mon 23 Jan 2012
at 03:32
Re: Group C
Unbelievable.
Seeker of Truth
 GM, 409 posts
Tue 24 Jan 2012
at 05:05
Re: Group C
Miss judging the distance and angle Aeviternus ended up on the ground behind the piller with his Lotus claw still stuck in the pillar. Lucky for him his opponent couldn't see the bungle.

OOC-You can finish your movement.  YOu get a total of 8m of movement. That will cost 1 CA. Tell me where you end up.

So food for thought, maybe you want a higher Athletics skill. I am ok with adjusting things around a bit, so let me know down the road.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:50, Wed 25 Jan 2012.

Aeviternus
 player, 21 posts
Wed 25 Jan 2012
at 06:01
Re: Group C
Engaging the chain retraction, he sped up the side of the middle pillar taking loping running steps as the weapon pulled him to the top.  Once at the edge where the claw had dug in, he utilized the upward momentum and swept up to the top shooting past the edge and loosing the claw from its purchase in the stone.  Landing softly on the surface, he scanned quickly to see what his opponent was up to.
Seeker of Truth
 GM, 418 posts
Thu 26 Jan 2012
at 00:31
Re: Group C


When you get to the top of the pillar, your victim is no where to be seen...or heard. He seems to be playing a bit of cat and mouse.



OOC-Please tell me the hex you are in and facing, then make a perception check. You are done with your movement, and have used 1CA (4) to 3 left.
Aeviternus
 player, 23 posts
Thu 26 Jan 2012
at 01:48
Re: Group C
OOC- F8 facing E8
Seeker of Truth
 GM, 421 posts
Fri 27 Jan 2012
at 14:09
Re: Group C
You notice a strange hook at the far end of the platform you are on...and similarly as you had arrived on this platform a devil dressed man in red leather pops up on the platform lithe and agile. It seems that you are not the only one with a stick-chain-shooting doohickey, that hooks on to things to swing around. Although, yours is fancier.

"Your name please...I'm Daredevil...and I am sorry we have to meet like this."


OOC-he is in D7 facing E8. You are both considered in Very Long Range, Even when you are in a hex next to each other, there are 3 Range increments to fight in. LR, Med. R, and close Range. Very long Range is usable with ranged, and whip like devices, or incredibly long Halberd type weapons from your yester years. Close range is what is needed for hand-to-hand combat. Medium Range is the default position when entering a hex unless you step in with Long Range instead. Stepping into close range is special. You should know that rules of movement for that.It is your turn.
Aeviternus
 player, 24 posts
Fri 27 Jan 2012
at 17:13
Re: Group C
"Aeviternus.  I, too, am sorry.  Allez!"

Not waiting for this capable looking man to get any closer, Aeviternus planted his left foot on the hard stone and, exploding his movement from his right hip, lashed out with his weapon sending the top end hurtling through the air towards Daredevil, chain trailing in its wake.  The grapple blades snapped out as the Lotus streaked towards Daredevil's own weapon.
Seeker of Truth
 GM, 423 posts
Sat 28 Jan 2012
at 18:43
Re: Group C
The grace in which his oppenent left his original platform duecedly wasn't a good assessment of his true ability. Daredevil was taken offe guard, loosing his weapon meant that his oppenent was smarter than he looked.

"I miss judged your speed, nice move. I won't make that mistake again."
Aeviternus
 player, 25 posts
Sat 28 Jan 2012
at 22:51
Re: Group C
The face of Aeviternus was unreadable from under his hood, and he was thankful for that as he was keenly aware of fortune being on his side having caught his opponent flat-footed.  One end of Lotus lay next to Daredevil's foot, just beyond him as he spoke his promise to Aeviternus who, choosing to press the attack and capitalize both fortune and chatter, snapped his arm violently back in the direction it started causing the chain on the ground to strike like a cobra at Daredevil's foot.  As the grapple end of Lotus came crashing back to it's master- it swept along the ground at the feet of its victim...

This message was last edited by the player at 04:11, Sun 29 Jan 2012.

Seeker of Truth
 GM, 424 posts
Sun 29 Jan 2012
at 23:19
Re: Group C
DareDevil

Realizing too late, DareDevil attempts to flip free of the chain whipping back towards his opponenet, but is not successful, being caught mid air and flails to the ground with an unceremonious ughf. Frustration is not seen on his face, but you could image the thoughts rolling through this veterans mind. Kipping up Daredevil takes his chance, dusting off his pride he readies himself for the next attack.

"Nice trick, thats a play taken straight from my play book."
Aeviternus
 player, 26 posts
Tue 31 Jan 2012
at 03:12
Re: Group C
"The honor is mine," Aeviternus replied as Lotus danced around his shoulders for a pass.  Not loosing the momentum of the whirling chain he again lashed out at the man in red, this time a spark of electricity seemed to dance in the wake of the head of the runic snake.
Seeker of Truth
 GM, 428 posts
Tue 31 Jan 2012
at 04:50
Re: Group C
So when you strike, roll:

1. To hit

2.The location that you are attempting to hit and with this the cool descripter of your attack.

3. Damage even if you end up missing it helps to speed it along.

Example:
"The honor is mine," Aeviternus replied as Lotus danced around his shoulders for a pass.  Not loosing the momentum of the whirling chain he again lashed out at the man in red, this time a spark of electricity seemed to dance in the wake of the head of the runic snake.

Swinging the chain to the left and right gave the appearance of a swinging snake, and hopefully confused the Devil as to which direction the attack would come from. The poor creature didn't know that this particular attack would come directly at him, aiming at his abdomen all he need to do was touch the poor bastard and a gut shot was as good as any a place.


0:35, Today: Secret Roll: Seeker of Truth(for Aevi) rolled 7 using 1d20, abdomen
20:35, Today: Secret Roll: Seeker of Truth rolled 35 using 1d100. Evade


DareDevil lilted left in counter balancing the strike, but his opponent was quick and he realized too late from which direction the blade soared at him.  He tried to flip sideways to evade the attack altogether. Sadly, the contact was painful, and a reminder not to judge a book by its cover.
Aeviternus
 player, 27 posts
Wed 1 Feb 2012
at 02:46
Re: Group C
As the blades sunk into Daredevils abdominal muscles, voltage equivalent to a residential house current coursed into his torso, seizing his muscles and inflicting spasm inducing pain.
Seeker of Truth
 GM, 431 posts
Wed 1 Feb 2012
at 05:59
Re: Group C
So that would drop DD to 0 with his armor. Next in game I would roll a resilience check to stay conscious, even if I succeed I am stunned. So you just whooped onDaredevil at his own game using strategic CM to neutralize him before he could get an attack off.  Like said before it is a deadly combat system and your crit came at the best possible time. Since u got me so quick would you like another? If so, pick a villan or to fight and I will load them up.
Seeker of Truth
 GM, 757 posts
Sun 11 Nov 2012
at 05:26
Re: Group C


Kirby and Xuan walk down to the gym, which is a simple training area, weights in one room, cardo equipment in another, and a pool in the other which is where Xuan and Max were earlier in the morning. Off to the side of the main work out room is a gym area with a padded floor.  It is an oblong room with quite a bit of space, punching bags and equipment line the room, there are smaller circles for sparing, but the entire room could be used if a large class were assembled.

Xuan and Kirby entered together chatting and wearing sparing clothes.
Xuan Tien John Wu
 player, 478 posts
 Call Sign: TSUNAMI
Sun 11 Nov 2012
at 22:57
Re: Group C
Before starting, Xuan looked over at his staff, making sure it was where he left it. Then, facing the Captain, or Kirby as he requested to be addressed, he considered the sparring gear he was wearing. It was uncomfortable and restrictive, and his own training had never had the use of them.

"Kirby," Xuan said a little awkwardly, unused to the word, "I say we start with hand to hand, and then move to weapons. Also, I am unused to these sparring clothes. Perhaps we go a round or two with them, and then progress without them. After all, if I really wanted to hurt you, I'm not confident that these would protect you." Looking Kirby up and down he smiled and added, "Or me."

Xuan began to stretch and flex as he spoke, using the time to assess the grounds to determine what would be assets and hinderances. "Also, to what extent are we to use our Talents? Perhaps these first rounds should be skill alone. But we will need to understand each other's abilities better. And, at some point I wouldn't mind you taking a gun to me. It seems we'll be facing them more often than not, and I will need to be better prepared for them."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:38, Tue 13 Nov 2012.

Edmund Kirby Smith IV
 player, 394 posts
 Call Sign: Arrowhead
Thu 15 Nov 2012
at 14:49
Re: Group C
Kirby looked at John like he had clowns crawling out of his head. Is he proposing that they spared naked? he thought, Is he really asking him to try shoot him? Kirby shook his head with a smile, this will be fun.

"Well, John" he said with a look in his eye that the trash talking was just beginning, "you'da hava hit me ta hurt me, but we'll see what you can do. Hand to hand is good good, for now. Let's pull our punches though, first three touches, or a take down, wins de round? After dis, if yous be wanting more, den we'll hava move somehere else. I donta think dey be wanting me to shoot up der gym."

"Ready?"
He stepped back and assumed a ready position knees bent, watchful for what John would do first.
Xuan Tien John Wu
 player, 483 posts
 Call Sign: TSUNAMI
Thu 15 Nov 2012
at 22:22
Re: Group C
Observing Kirby's fighting stance calmly, John's mind went briefly to the Mountain, where he'd sparred so often in his training. It was an excellent way to get to know someone, their strategies and how they think. Whether they were impulsive, emotional, disciplined, it was all telling. Friend or foe, it was good to know someone's strengths and weaknesses.

Giving Kirby a traditional Chinese salute, John then slid his right foot back to stand side-on, his right hand behind his back as one of his masters would have done, and his left out with palm up, waving his fingers forward. His masters had done this countless times in trainings. It was a relaxed posture that hinted that there would be very little effort in defending, and this technique would accomplish possibly more than one thing. Presenting himself in that way would encourage Kirby to believe that John was arrogant, which either Kirby would try to take advantage of or be intimidated by. Psychological attacks were an integral part of a fight, if one knew how to use them well enough. The comment that Kirby made suggested that he was already using this technique.

"Your terms are acceptable." John raised his eyebrows, looking Kirby up and down. "Is that how they teach you to ready yourself in the army? Hm."
Seeker of Truth
 GM, 760 posts
Sun 18 Nov 2012
at 01:12
Re: Group C




The gym was vacant except for the two men; their jibs were gently dampened by the gym which was covered with padding on the floor and walls.  There were three hand to hand oval mats in the room that had softer yet stable padding.  Xuan and Kirby found themselves picking the middle oval, each man taunting the other playfully.   As the teamís combat oriented members this would probably be an interesting confrontation, one would wonder where they would go in testing one anotherís strengths and weaknesses.


Xuan is in D7 and Kirby is in E8 facing each other. It is Kirby's first Strike Rank move. So get your table's ready. Here is how i would like it to go, since it has been awhile since we've squabbled.

Top Part of Post- Post your dialogue (if any) and your movement description of your intended move. This should be public and exciting :), (please stay away from assuming your rolls fail or succeed), intent and moves made.  If you succeed, and the other player fails I will let you describe your affect if a combat manuever is gained


Middle part of post-This is private to me.  Post in simple terms, your movement, manuever and what you are trying to accomplish.  Post roll: to hit or dodge or parry which ever is appropriate, then your damage, and location.  It is good to roll your stuff first.  If you roll location leg then your description to the audience above should reflect your intent to try and sweep/crush/trip/buckle etc. the leg. Also add your desired comat manuever as if you succeeded each attack.

Bottom part of post-This is also private, add your combat table to account for changes of attacks and move ect.