The Streets of Marseilles.   Posted by EX GM.Group: 0
Jean Michel Gaunoux
 Player, 40 posts
 Fencing Master
 SL6
Fri 20 Apr 2012
at 07:44
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
Gaunoux was a bit surprised that a Duke would want to sully his hands with the few coinds gathered from these scum. what was a few coinds to a man who possessed so much. "My Lord, they have nothing on then you would even notice."

"As far as the watch, I suggest we go back to the King of theives and have him have the bodies disposed of this night. Why waste the the time of tne watch. We know how they died and why. The sooner they are gone the better." Gaunoux was not surprised this time, but nobles knew little of such things.

"Let us return to the others and have a drink."
Pier DeVilfor
 player, 56 posts
 Duc de Lyonesse
 SL14
Fri 20 Apr 2012
at 23:28
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
In reply to Jean Michel Gaunoux (msg #47):

Noting the fellows reaction to his suggestion he waved a hand dismissivley. Ones proposal be in consideration of the musketeer and perspective laywer, I dare thay the count and I have no interest in such. As for the watch it may be we have been observed during this incident. Failing to notify them of the event lends itself to suspusion in this matter. Consider, how easy would it be for any to identify myself.
Jean Michel Gaunoux
 Player, 41 posts
 Fencing Master
 SL6
Fri 20 Apr 2012
at 23:53
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
Jean Michel's head hurt a bit as he tried to follow the Duke's train of thought. Like many of the nobility he had been trained to mostly say nothing no matter how many words they used to do it.

"Your Grace, when we are at court I shall follow your lead, but here in the streets, I suggest you follow mine. The reason those windows are all shuttered is because no one will talk. They all saw nothing."

"Let us quickly return to the Trencavelís Tavern. The sooner we are away from here the better. This is the King of Thieves territory, if these men acted without his knowledge he will want to know and he will be in the best position to clear up any complications."

"But you are free to stay.
Gaunoux said as he departed to have words with the others and the King of Thieves.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:55, Fri 20 Apr 2012.

Pier DeVilfor
 player, 57 posts
 Duc de Lyonesse
 SL14
Sat 21 Apr 2012
at 14:16
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
In reply to Jean Michel Gaunoux (msg #49):

Pier shrugs as Gaunoux departs; he then returns to what he was in the process of doing before the brigands attacked him
EX GM
 GM, 101 posts
Sat 21 Apr 2012
at 17:10
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
In the darkness of an early spring winter Jean Michel and the Duc de Lyonesse go their seperate ways.

Only going a short distance the young rogue, who while a stranger to Marseilles is more than familiar with this type of neighborhood.

Now alone and limping, DeVilfor heads off on his own.

OOC Gaunoux to the Tavern.

@DeVilfor: Do you call for the watch? Or do you look for an inn? You are a Duke of France and not accustomed to being alone in such squalor, especially in your current condition.

Please remember to role play the sprained ankle.

Make luck/2 and wit/2 rolls please.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:26, Sat 21 Apr 2012.

Pier DeVilfor
 player, 58 posts
 Duc de Lyonesse
 SL14
Sun 22 Apr 2012
at 13:18
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
In reply to EX GM (msg #51):

Pier looks around for signs of a habitated dewlling. He hobbles towards it gingerly favouring his injured ankel. Reaching the dwelling he rests for a short time, leaning against the building to support him and ease his ankle. He pounds on the door several times, without success.

Botherations he curses looking around the area once again. Perhaps this bafoons neighbour will be more willing to answer he mumbles to himseld. Finding a broom resting beside the door he uses it to support his weight.

This helps a little as he makes his way to the second dwelling
EX GM
 GM, 104 posts
Sun 22 Apr 2012
at 22:55
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
The rather large man who was just involved in killing the three men that now lay in the alley finds it hard to get an answer, much less gain entry to any other tenemants he approaches.

Despite his sheltered upbringing it dawns on the Duke that he is likely in danger of robbery or worse as he limps along trying to find his way in the dark. He can't be certain but he feels like someone is watching him, perhaps even following him.
Pier DeVilfor
 player, 59 posts
 Duc de Lyonesse
 SL14
Sun 22 Apr 2012
at 23:32
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
In reply to EX GM (msg #53):

Bother this he cursing hobbling upto an dwelling that has light showing from the upper rooms he bangs on the door. Open up Open up Open up or I'll force the entry.
EX GM
 GM, 105 posts
Sun 22 Apr 2012
at 23:41
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
Your words echo through the alley way.

As the Duke readies his pistol he finds a problem. These people are poor. There is not a lock, instead the door is either latched or locked from the inside, though you do hear some sounds inside, but there is no reply to DeVilfor's threat.

OOC You can kick or shoulder the door in with a strength roll. But with a sprained ankle a fail might result in a worsening of the ankle.
Pier DeVilfor
 player, 60 posts
 Duc de Lyonesse
 SL14
Sun 22 Apr 2012
at 23:49
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
In reply to EX GM (msg #55):

I hear you inside and will give you one last Chance open by Name of the Duc or face the consequences. ooc A timber latch should be easier to shoot out

This message was last edited by the player at 00:24, Mon 23 Apr 2012.

EX GM
 GM, 106 posts
Mon 23 Apr 2012
at 00:21
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
Feel free to try and shoot it.
Pier DeVilfor
 player, 61 posts
 Duc de Lyonesse
 SL14
Mon 23 Apr 2012
at 00:25
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
In reply to EX GM (msg #57):

Pier pushed against the door hobbled to the left of the door and looked at the windows. Are they shuttered?
EX GM
 GM, 107 posts
Mon 23 Apr 2012
at 05:38
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
The windows of the ground floor of the tenement are small and shutter.

There are two windows, a few feet apart. Each is four feet above the ground. They two feet wide and about two and a half high. The shutters are not very substantial but if checked and either bolted or lacted shut if you check them.
Pier DeVilfor
 player, 62 posts
 Duc de Lyonesse
 SL14
Mon 23 Apr 2012
at 05:48
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
In reply to EX GM (msg #59):

Pausing he scanns the area for movenment, the niggling feeling that someone is watching him is still there. Hobbling to the shutters he peeks between them looking to see if they are latched or bolted.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:47, Mon 23 Apr 2012.

EX GM
 GM, 108 posts
Mon 23 Apr 2012
at 16:55
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
You open the shudder a scared mother and her children are huddled in a corner of a barely furnished room hiding below a raggedy blanket.
Pier DeVilfor
 player, 63 posts
 Duc de Lyonesse
 SL14
Mon 23 Apr 2012
at 21:12
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
In reply to EX GM (msg #61):

He waves a hand in friendly gesture. Fear not Madam I mean you no harm. Be there a man of the house for I am injured and seek assistance. You can see by my manner of garb that I am one of some stature.
EX GM
 GM, 109 posts
Mon 23 Apr 2012
at 22:36
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
The woman seems afraid as do the kids. Looking the place over there seems to be little available should could use to aid you. There is an old table, a few stools, and a fire place with a pot hanging above it.

Truth be told you could almost definetly recieve better care and be safer at the tavern where your companions are all located.
Pier DeVilfor
 player, 64 posts
 Duc de Lyonesse
 SL14
Mon 23 Apr 2012
at 22:55
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
In reply to EX GM (msg #63):

With a shake of the head he thurns and hobbles further down the street. Looking for wider better illuminated streets and buildings.
EX GM
 GM, 110 posts
Mon 23 Apr 2012
at 23:10
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
In reply to Pier DeVilfor (msg #64):

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:26, Mon 23 Apr 2012.

Pier DeVilfor
 player, 65 posts
 Duc de Lyonesse
 SL14
Mon 23 Apr 2012
at 23:21
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
In reply to EX GM (msg #65):
EX GM
 GM, 111 posts
Mon 23 Apr 2012
at 23:27
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
In reply to Pier DeVilfor (msg #66):
EX GM
 GM, 111 posts
Mon 23 Apr 2012
at 23:30
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
here it is. the last bit is from GM vs EX GM

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:32, Mon 23 Apr 2012.

Pier DeVilfor
 player, 66 posts
 Duc de Lyonesse
 SL14
Mon 23 Apr 2012
at 23:45
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
In reply to EX GM (msg #67):


After passing several streets Pier threw up his hands Botheratins this rabbit warren of a place is tho disorganising he cursed turning he retraced his steps and was soon standing outside Trencavelís Tavern (Tavern). Hobbling forward he re-entered the building attempted to find a vacant seat and rest his aching ankle and sore arm

This message was last edited by the player at 00:39, Tue 24 Apr 2012.

EX GM
 GM, 112 posts
Tue 24 Apr 2012
at 00:01
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
The windows of the ground floor of the tenement are small and shutter.

There are two windows, a few feet apart. Each is four feet above the ground. They two feet wide and about two and a half high. The shutters are not very substantial but if checked and either bolted or lacted shut if you check them.
EX GM
 GM, 113 posts
Tue 24 Apr 2012
at 00:02
Re: The Streets of Marseilles
The windows of the ground floor of the tenement are small and shutter.

There are two windows, a few feet apart. Each is four feet above the ground. They two feet wide and about two and a half high. The shutters are not very substantial but if checked and either bolted or lacted shut if you check them.