Florence.   Posted by Dumas.Group: 0
Dumas
 GM, 208 posts
Fri 14 Sep 2012
at 01:39
Re: Heading home
In reply to Dumas (msg # 25):

Ooc Musketeers is the plan to stop and shoot? Give me an idea and I will figure it out.
Issac De Portau
 player, 41 posts
 Mousquetaires du Roi
 The First Company/ SL8
Fri 14 Sep 2012
at 01:47
Re: Heading home
OOC: That will depend on how many are following. Issac and Gaston will know that they each have one, mayhaps two shots at the most. With pistols the odds are very low of hitting anything. Yet if they could disguise the ambuscade... to make those following think that there are more than two of them, at least for a while, just to slow them down and give them pause. Thus allowing the slower carriage to make their escape or at least find a place where it can be better defended.

I hope that helps. Cheers
Dumas
 GM, 209 posts
Fri 14 Sep 2012
at 02:26
Re: Heading home
In reply to Dumas (msg # 25):

Ooc Musketeers is the plan to stop and shoot? Give me an idea and I will figure it out.
Pier DeVilfor
 player, 169 posts
 Duc de Lyonesse
 SL14
Fri 14 Sep 2012
at 04:50
Re: Heading home
In reply to Dumas (msg # 28):

ooc I'd suggest a mounted discharge into the riders horses then a hasty gallop back to the carridge, where we inside can reload your musketts. What do you think
Issac De Portau
 player, 42 posts
 Mousquetaires du Roi
 The First Company/ SL8
Sat 15 Sep 2012
at 14:17
Re: Heading home
In reply to Pier DeVilfor (msg # 29):

OOC: I think this most wise! Cheers
Pier DeVilfor
 player, 170 posts
 Duc de Lyonesse
 SL14
Fri 21 Sep 2012
at 05:14
Re: Heading home
Come along then, with thhot and thword, let us have at these thcoundrels Pier prompts.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:16, Fri 21 Sept 2012.

Dumas
 GM, 214 posts
Sun 6 Jan 2013
at 05:57
Re: Heading home
The two musketeers, their muskets now empty rode quickly and managed to catch up with the carriage.

Behind them a group of horsemen, who seemed in the uniform of French Dragoons closed as well. As they rode behind the group, small puffs of smoke erupted and on occasion one of the bullets impacted into the armored carriage.

Inside the carriage Devilfor readied a blunderbuss but with the musketeers in the way held his fire.

Meanwhile the two rogues and the other tried to figure how they might aid in their defence and escape.
Pier DeVilfor
 player, 178 posts
 Duc de Lyonesse
 SL14
Sun 6 Jan 2013
at 12:32
Re: Heading home
In reply to Dumas (msg # 32):

Quickly Issac and Gaston,,, If you pass your muskets to Gaspard and Jean they can reload, for you. Pier reminds, then notices the uniforms of the riders pursuing them... I thay are they in the uniform of French Dragoons. What think you Issac or Gaston be they a ruse or genuine. he shouts enquiringly.

ooc are we still in Tuscany?

This message was last edited by the player at 22:14, Sun 06 Jan 2013.

Dumas
 GM, 215 posts
Sun 6 Jan 2013
at 13:26
Re: Heading home
Everyone please make a luck roll.

You are in France
Gaspard Leseur
 player, 63 posts
Sun 6 Jan 2013
at 14:49
Re: Heading home

This message was deleted by the player at 14:50, Sun 06 Jan 2013.

Jean Michel Gaunoux
 Player, 75 posts
 Fencing Master
 SL6
Sun 6 Jan 2013
at 20:06
Re: Heading home
12:03, Today: Jean Michel Gaunoux rolled 12 using 1d20. luck.

The young swordmaster does his best to take cover as the carriage takes fire.

"Whatever we are carrying must be important. So many are willing to kill for it."
Pier DeVilfor
 player, 179 posts
 Duc de Lyonesse
 SL14
Sun 6 Jan 2013
at 22:26
Re: Heading home
Thtrengthen thy resolve monsieur Gaunoux, twill take many a round to put paid to thuch hardy fellows as be about you
Dumas
 GM, 216 posts
Mon 7 Jan 2013
at 05:55
Re: Heading home
As the coach thunders north towards Paris it is pursured by over a dozen dragoons. As they trail behind the carriage they fire their pistols at the carriage and the two soldiers riding alongside.

Four his the rear of the carriage and appear to pass through but it is soon discovered that one struck the already ill Anuard in the forehead. Whatever ight have been done for him in Paris, now it only remains to say have a mass said. Renee Dupree is also shot though his wound while serious leaves him alive. Gaunoux worked on the gentleman's wounds and managed to stop the bleeding.

Some of the Dragoons fire at the two soldiers as well. Lesseur is struck twice, one in the leg the other in his hip. De Portau is struck in the shoulder but it is only a flesh wound.

With their pistols now empty, the Dragoons continue to pursue but can do no more damage and eventualy end their pursuit. Eventually you are able to move the badly wounded Lessur into the carriage. Gaunoux manages to stop the bleeding and keep the soldier alive but is unsure if he will live to reach Paris.

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:13, Mon 07 Jan 2013.

Pier DeVilfor
 player, 180 posts
 Duc de Lyonesse
 SL14
Mon 7 Jan 2013
at 06:06
Re: Heading home
In reply to Dumas (msg # 38):

Pier looks sorrowfully at the recently departed Count crossing himself and offering a hasty prayer.  When the dragoon break off the wounded are transferred to the carriage and tended to. Monsieurís indeed thuch was a close run encounter. Did either of you recognise the Dragoons, would you be able to identify them as it will be instrumental when the murder of the Count is reported to the Crown Prosecutor.
Jean Michel Gaunoux
 Player, 76 posts
 Fencing Master
 SL6
Tue 8 Jan 2013
at 04:33
Re: Heading home
Gaunoux his hands still bloody from treating the two wounded men shrugged slightly "I did not get a good enough look at them."

"It will take a few days to get to Paris. They could use a real surgeon but I have no idea where we will find one."
Dumas
 GM, 218 posts
Tue 8 Jan 2013
at 23:23
Re: Heading home
OOC Your characters could try and ride straight through to Paris but anyone with Horsemanship would realize it might kill the horses.
Pier DeVilfor
 player, 181 posts
 Duc de Lyonesse
 SL14
Fri 11 Jan 2013
at 02:12
Re: Heading home
In reply to Jean Michel Gaunoux (msg # 40):

Well done Gaunoux. Pier encouraged glancing at the injured men, then back at Jean There's no telling what we'll find by way of a doctor's along the way; do you think they'll hold up long enough...

This message was last edited by the player at 10:11, Fri 11 Jan 2013.

Jean Michel Gaunoux
 Player, 77 posts
 Fencing Master
 SL6
Sat 12 Jan 2013
at 20:26
Re: Heading home
"No I suggest we push on. The Archduke can always buy new horses, these men might not last long if cannot find a surgeon on the road. Even if we do stop our enemies are likely to still be on our tale."  The young swordsman said.
Pier DeVilfor
 player, 183 posts
 Duc de Lyonesse
 SL14
Mon 14 Jan 2013
at 01:57
Re: Heading home
Gaunoux's comment is somewhat dismissive of the Archdukes priorities. For all they know the Archduke may place greater value on horse than he does on most Frenchmen. This thought prompts a slight shake of his head. Glancing towards his injured companions he shakes his head Leaning out of a window Driver what thinkest you, do you know of any thurgeon in one of the towns ahead he enquires

This message was last edited by the player at 05:54, Mon 14 Jan 2013.

Dumas
 GM, 221 posts
Mon 14 Jan 2013
at 05:39
Re: Heading home
Both of the wounded men are passed out from a combination of blood loss and the brandy that Gaunoux had them drink so he could dig out the bullets and then bandage their wounds.

Arnaud's body is still in the carriage as well.
Pendu
 NPC, 1 post
Mon 14 Jan 2013
at 17:25
Re: Heading home
The so far mute Pendu shrugs, and then turns back to driving the horses.
Jean Michel Gaunoux
 Player, 78 posts
 Fencing Master
 SL6
Mon 14 Jan 2013
at 17:27
Re: Heading home
"Perhaps we can comprimise and drive on until nightfall." Gaunoux said looking at the wounded men.
Pier DeVilfor
 player, 185 posts
 Duc de Lyonesse
 SL14
Mon 14 Jan 2013
at 21:34
Re: Heading home
In reply to Jean Michel Gaunoux (msg # 47):

Done Monsieru Gaunoux the first town reached after thunset it is.
Dumas
 GM, 222 posts
Mon 14 Jan 2013
at 22:28
Re: Heading home
The carriage thunders along the road north. While some of you have never traveled by carriage, any who have will know they this team is traveling at about twice the speed as most.

With the sun setting you are on the outskirts of the city of Lyon.
Pier DeVilfor
 player, 186 posts
 Duc de Lyonesse
 SL14
Mon 14 Jan 2013
at 22:33
Re: Heading home
In reply to Dumas (msg # 49):

As they approach Pier glimpses the lights ahead. There appears to be a city ahead at the least we'll have a bed for the night. ooc would there be roadsigns or such to indicate the city?

This message was last edited by the player at 12:58, Mon 25 Feb 2013.