The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn.   Posted by Bringer of Balance.Group: archive 0
Prime Minister Sero Vathii
 player, 5 posts
 Guardian of The Circle
 Ruler of Aldrynn
Fri 4 Nov 2011
at 23:37
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
Sero sighed. If Xalur, and Avii suddenly burst into the office (and even worse with Xalur talking in a serious tone) then things must be REALLY bad. He gets up and clears his throat to reestablish his composure.

"I will hear your reports."

The atmosphere must have been different, for even the stones started to quiet.
Xalur Forell
 NPC, 1 post
 Chief Adviser of Aldrynn
 Techno Wraith Master
Mon 7 Nov 2011
at 06:46
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
Xalur looks over toward Avil signs heavily waving his hand to Avil signaling for her to speak first. Afterward he would sit down in a chair in front of Sero's desk. With Books in hand he sits one in his lap and opens the other turns a few pages. Truly my lady if what you have to say is that important then by all means did let me stop you. Please share it with the rest of us I'm dieing to here it!

This message was last edited by the player at 09:50, Thu 12 Jan 2012.

Avii Meran
 NPC, 3 posts
 General of Aldrynn
 Rune Lord
Mon 7 Nov 2011
at 06:53
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
In reply to Xalur Forell (msg #7):

Well Sir to tell you I wanted to be the first to tell you that we just reveived influx of  visitors in the east and it would seem that they are soldiers Sir!!! As of now I don't know if they mean to cause trouble here in Aldrynn but what I can tell you is they number in the thousands.. Possibly near the or a little above ten thousand. how I should proceed about this matter Sir?
Prime Minister Sero Vathii
 player, 6 posts
 Guardian of The Circle
 Ruler of Aldrynn
Mon 7 Nov 2011
at 07:05
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
Sero stands straight up. He walks out from behind the desks. The stones start to pick the voices up once again. He turns his head towards the two large rocks.

"I will listen to your input later."

Being able to hear and talk to the stones around him is something he became so used to he can hardly imagine it bothering anyone. Sero turns his attention to Avii and states "Prepare Scouts and Wraith Patrol units to scout them out. We don't know they're intentions and I am not one who enjoys the thought. Otherwise prepare a bodyguard unit for me and Loovah. Otherwise keep an army of sufficient size ready just in case what they want is a battle. For that army the first thing we do is have some militiamen sent down to set up a barricade. Otherwise make sure we are in position to deal a major blow before battle is joined should it come to necessity. When the army arrives, be sure the Bear Riders and Landsknect are seen."

Sero looked down and back at Avii and Xalur.

"Avii, I need you with me on this one. Xalur, I need you to come along and with your Techno Wraiths to help with the initial spying. If necessary I want the Techno Wraiths to start with sabotaging their war efforts, assassinate their leaders if you must, but only if required to protect our people."

This message was last edited by the player at 07:29, Mon 07 Nov 2011.

Xalur Forell
 NPC, 2 posts
 Chief Adviser of Aldrynn
 Techno Wraith Master
Tue 8 Nov 2011
at 22:29
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
In reply to Prime Minister Sero Vathii (msg #9):

Oh dear I didn't know it was that serious. Maybe what I had to say can wait I bit longer. While at least until all this mess has cleared up.
Avii Meran
 NPC, 4 posts
 General of Aldrynn
 Rune Lord
Tue 8 Nov 2011
at 22:35
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
In reply to Prime Minister Sero Vathii (msg #9):

Consider it done sir I'll get right it as Wraith-Patrol and The Scout have returned with a report about the invaders. The Militiamen will arrive soon to the east settlement Sir.
Loovah
 NPC, 2 posts
 Wise Emissary of Aldrynn
 Sagacious Elelmentalist
Thu 10 Nov 2011
at 17:05
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
In reply to Avii Meran (msg #11):

Also sir it seems like the ten thousand are not all what they seem. about 2500 of invaders seem to be undead and the rest looks to be enslaved in chains and shackles. But that's not all Sir they seem to be feeding the bodies of some of the people into some type of machines that glow with a eerie aura. A few of the wrath patrol have notice that 500 of the 2500 seem to be very strong units.
Prime Minister Sero Vathii
 player, 7 posts
 Guardian of The Circle
 Ruler of Aldrynn
Sat 12 Nov 2011
at 01:21
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
"Okay, set up Wraith Patrol, Skirmishers, and Musketeers in position to get the drop on them. If there are some kind of machines support we need our cannons on the double, backed up with technomancers for obvious reasons. As Guardian of the Circle I must be present to assist in countering this threat. We must destroy the undead and free the hostages, however when we do free the slaves we must hold and question them before integrating any into our society. I know escaped slaves comprised of many a founding father but any one of them could be a potential spy, it's not unusual for even an abaondoned dagger to be a trap."

Sero starts to storm out the door and turns to Avii.

"Meran, I need you with me on this one. I'm also going to say that if possible we should bring at least one of those machines to the Technoforge for study. The better we can understand their magic and machines the better we can counter and destroy them."

Sero looks toward Xalur.

"Forell, I know how much you hate overt responsibility but I need you to make sure everything is in order when I get back. I need you to make sure the people don't panic, especially considering the fact their normally a bunch of pacifistic scholars."

Finally Sero's attention falls upon Loovah.

"Loovah, I need you and the other Sagacious to lend assistance. A few tangling vines and fireballs does quite a bit to hamper an undead effort if you understand my logic."

With that, Sero grabs his staff, dons his cloak, and makes sure to put on his favorite beret.
Bringer of Chaos
 GM, 4 posts
 The Dark Father
 The Voice of Destruction
Sat 12 Nov 2011
at 07:55
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
At the Coast of Aldrynn the undead force begins to move. The one hundred mysterious machines that were being feed bodies start line up at the shore as their undersides open up to reveal a few large spikes the drill down into the ground as braces.
Leucosia
 player, 1 post
 The Pirate Empress
 Ruler of Grendel
Sun 13 Nov 2011
at 18:10
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
In the distance a heavy fog pushes in from the sea. Ghostly outlines of ships appear from the mist. They finally break their cover revealing a fleet of warships. They approaching the shores fast the decks are busy with movement.

Queen Admiral Luecosia Hexstride stands at the bow of the Ragnarok observing the coast with a red lacquered spy glass inlaid with gold. "Orders my Queen?" The orc behind her is wearing a heavy fur coat with armor beneath. With one arm around his horned helmet, the other strokes a bearded war axe that for the moment lies still at his side.

She turns around and walks back to the ship. The crew of orcs onboard stare at her waiting for the word. She tosses the spyglass to a goblin who barely catches it. "Admiral Wartide, Ready the cannons. Inform the mortars ships to pound the shores on my mark. We shall make a pass with the Ships-of-the-Line and releases the ground forces."

"Target the undead."

The orc Nazdreg Wartide grins and begins shouting relays the orders. The fleet is already preparing for carnage. "You heard her, butchers work to be done!"
Captain of the Orc Pirates
Sun 13 Nov 2011
at 20:00
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
In reply to Leucosia (msg #15):

My Queen there more bad news.. A fleet of undead ships coming in port side it seems to be an invasion force. I think that these be the ships that have been ambushing are scout patrol and raiding the supply-lines. Your order my queen!!!

This message was last updated by the GM at 20:00, Sun 13 Nov 2011.

Bringer of Balance
 GM, 18 posts
 The Father
 The Voice of Wisdom
Sun 13 Nov 2011
at 19:58
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
In reply to Prime Minister Sero Vathii (msg #13):

The Scouts of Aldrynn were able to remain hidden as they watch 1,000 of the undead step forward toward the rocky cliffs. Looking around it seems that the undead would have to follow a narrow passage leading up the rocky cliff side to move further inland. Looking up to the top of cliffs the undead could see the coastal settlement of Sumal. The 100 machines braced in at shore-line begin to lift and rise up from the ground. turning toward the Settlement of Sumal. While 1,000 more of the undead troop moved to narrow passage. Those undead won't as well armed or armored as the other 1,000 units. They all had rusty weapons and beat wear armor that is beat to hell and ragged.
Queen-Admiral Leucosia
 player, 2 posts
 The Pirate Empress
 Ruler of Grendel
Sun 13 Nov 2011
at 20:04
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
Her raspy voice seems rather annoyed. "I still do not know the purpose of those machines." She shrugs. "There will be time to out find later."

"Send a word to one of our Frigates to make for the 1st Fleet. Tell them if stay out of sight of the coast but should we need them to hurry to rally."
She thought caution the best course of action at the moment.

"Turn starboard and take us further away from the fight, but remain at the ready." She puts out her hand and the two goblins following her look at each other. They decide that handing her a spy glass would be more safer than handing her a pistol. She continues watching the events unfold.

[Private to GM: She prepares a spell to cause a power cyclone wind. While not strong enough to damage a ship, it would give her fleet a boost of speed to which they are used to, and anyone trying to chase them would have to fight against the winds.]
Bringer of Chaos
 GM, 7 posts
 The Dark Father
 The Voice of Destruction
Fri 2 Dec 2011
at 20:15
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
The wind-shift seemed to have worked a bit in Queen-Admiral Leucosia favor. Buying her ships the time they needed to gain a better position to counter-strike. waiting just beyond the fog. As the undead ship ships come into view. They fire their forward canons giving away their position. but before the undead would notice they would be setup perfectly for two broadside attacks.

At the beach the strange machines front end opened up as a few stray souls linger about in the air. Suddenly the machines would fire a eerie green blast of unknown energy toward the Settlement in the loud boom that filled the air. the blast crashed at the high cliffs the some inside the settlement with terrible explosion.
Queen-Admiral Leucosia
 player, 4 posts
 The Pirate Empress
 Ruler of Grendel
Sat 3 Dec 2011
at 05:15
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
Luecosia responds with irrational anger at the ineffective fire of the enemy ships. "Kill the enemy! Send them to the bottom of the deeps!" She commands the broadsides to sink the enemy ships. They maybe trained in invasion warfare but it is highly unlikely they know the tactics and strategy of boarding an enemy ship.
Prime Minister Sero Vathii
 player, 8 posts
 Guardian of The Circle
 Ruler of Aldrynn
Sat 10 Dec 2011
at 04:29
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
Sero grabs Avii, who then grabs Loovah and starts to wave his left hand. Symbols and equations come alight in the air in front of him. THe smell of gravel eminates from the air.

"In the time it will take for us to reach Sumal, we'll need an advance force to buy us time."

And with that Sero, Avii, Loovah, and a small portion of the TechnoWraiths and Rune Guard meld into the earth. From there they advance on an accelerated (and unubstructed) path to Sumal.
Bringer of Chaos
 GM, 8 posts
 The Dark Father
 The Voice of Destruction
Tue 13 Dec 2011
at 08:16
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
In reply to Queen-Admiral Leucosia (msg #20):

Queen Leucosia ships open fire on two of three undead war-schooners dealing heavy damage to the two ship as they past by sailing out into the open and nearly sinking coming to a dead stop. The third undead ship sails into a heavy unnatural fog that rolls in from the west. Which is were the shores of Aldrynn is.

A green light floats be Leucosia ships making a dreadful moaning sound that seems to effect the men abroad the two fire that opened fire on the two undead ships.
Bringer of Chaos
 GM, 9 posts
 The Dark Father
 The Voice of Destruction
Tue 13 Dec 2011
at 08:23
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
In reply to Bringer of Chaos (msg #22):

Stepping out from the ground as if it were a flight of stairs Prime Minister Sero and his entourage arrive at The Great Hall of Sumal as the bombardment begins. Mean the troops that were sent from other lands would arrive by morning from the north and south.
Queen-Admiral Leucosia
 player, 5 posts
 The Pirate Empress
 Ruler of Grendel
Wed 14 Dec 2011
at 02:45
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
The Grendel ships keep distancing themselves firing at the ships that pursue, the move further down the coast. She is relatively confident she would be able to hold off the their naval assault, but decide it would be better to back off for the moment. "Regroup with the rest of the fleet. Call the 1st... and let our diplomat onto the shore."

Not long after, a lone goblin shaman is wandering the country side. He is casting large fireballs into the skies and hexing chickens to grow extra heads. While making quite a bit of noise, he doesn’t hurt anyone. He seems to be trying to get attention. He continually shouts out that he has “diplomagic invincibility!”

“’Ear me ‘ear me! Oi iz da prophitz and diplomatz of da mighty and powerful Grendel Monark oo wants to talk to da King Boss of da Aldrynn!”

Prime Minister Sero Vathii
 player, 10 posts
 Guardian of The Circle
 Ruler of Aldrynn
Wed 14 Dec 2011
at 06:03
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
Sero looked over to the goblin. A barrage of undead cannon fire rained down on the town. Ir's it's just one goblin anywhere it's bad.

He turns to the goblin.

"I am Prime Minister Sero Vathi, leader of Aldrynn. Who do you represent?"
Queen-Admiral Leucosia
 player, 6 posts
 The Pirate Empress
 Ruler of Grendel
Wed 14 Dec 2011
at 13:04
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
"Oi reprezent moighty Queen Admiral of the Grendel Luecosia, who breath makes da winds blow, whoz steps deztroy kingdoms, she said she wanted to talk to da head of da Aldrynn or a diplomat." He draws a parchment. "She said somethin' about... helpn' you with a problem of killin' undead. She wanted to say she moight be able to send a just a few cannons to 'elp ya." He hold up the paper for inspection. If this number is remotely accurate, that is easily a decent sized fleet of warships.

"She wishes to speak witcha on her ship da Ragnarok off your coast."
Prime Minister Sero Vathii
 player, 11 posts
 Guardian of The Circle
 Ruler of Aldrynn
Sun 18 Dec 2011
at 16:01
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
"Alright, I'll see your Queen Admiral. However I need a few things in motion."

Sero turns to Avii and says the following "Avii, I need the skirmishers and scouts on the ridges where the undead are marching. Have militiamen and landsknect guarding the pass backed up by musketeers and cannoneers. Set the scouts and skirmishers in flanking positions so we hit the undead on three sides simultaneously."

Finally Sero turns his attention back to the goblin "Take me to your leader."

A few rune guards come at his side. Their bastard swords are sheathed and they bow respectfully to the goblin with "e has “diplomagic invincibility.”
Queen-Admiral Leucosia
 player, 7 posts
 The Pirate Empress
 Ruler of Grendel
Sun 18 Dec 2011
at 22:24
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
The goblin leads the party to a open shoreline some good distance from the battle. Just off the coast is sizable fleet of warships. However only the largest ship would be in range. The ships themselves are brutal looking construction. They lack refinement, but a keen mind would be able to point out several surprisingly intelligent engineering decisions incorporated into the hull and the ships creation. They are standing on the shore under the watchful gaze of their Ship of the Line.

Remarkably heavily armored orcs are waist deep in the water. Despite this, they seem perfectly at home. Their skin is tinged a strange pale blue color and they are weilding large bearded axes, relaxed, but still vigilant. There are four of them and two are on either side of a small launch boat. Sitting in the boat is a darkhaired woman with pale skin. Around her neck is scarred healed flesh. She is wearing a blue dress of fine make but poor maintenence. She has a brace of pistols and a cutlass on a belt. In one hand she is rereading a parchment, in the other hand she is drinking from a bottle with a foreign language written on it. She smiles at the approach. The shaman goblin does a bow and puffs out his chest. "Oi present to you, Queen Admiral Leucosia Hexstride!"

She speaking in a calm raspy voice. "So glad you could make it, care for a drink?"
Prime Minister Sero Vathii
 player, 12 posts
 Guardian of The Circle
 Ruler of Aldrynn
Thu 22 Dec 2011
at 05:17
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
Sero smiles and nods respectfully. Lights and runes echo from his robe. Along with a gravelly smell given off which is detectable to any bearing magical abilities. In addition to that, small bits of actual gravel can be seen on Sero's and a few of his bodyguards' clothes.

He brushes off some of the gravel and walks up to Leucosia "A pleasure meeting your acquaintance. My name is Sero Vathi, Prime Minister of Aldrynn. I'm sorry we couldn't meet under better circumstances and I'd be honored to have a drink. Muse knows we all need one right now."

Sero pulls out a cylindrical can from his robe. Upon opening it a fragrant scent fills the air. He smirks a bit and continues. "A little bit of coffee from my private stash, some of Aldrynn's best. I can have some of my people brew some if you like."

With that Sero Vathi took off a bright red beret with a monocle lens attatched with a chain.
Bringer of Balance
 GM, 22 posts
 The Father
 The Voice of Wisdom
Thu 22 Dec 2011
at 07:14
Re: The Wizards Republic of Aldrynn
Off the Coast of Aldrynn Five more undead ships open fire on the Grendel ships. Two of the ships dealt heavy damage to a couple of Leucosia ships breaking through her line heading to the shore of Sumals harbor. The Queen ship would shake as it is under attack. Meanwhile the force of undead start to walk into the narrow path of the cliff leading up hill from the shore. The artillery fired rounds hammering into Sumals defenses. and the top edge of the cliffs.