Meeting with the Dawn (in the past, couple days before)   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Morien
 player, 322 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 26 Oct 2013
at 21:02
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 "The Blackfrost Seers are oracles from my homeland. They possess great powers of insight and divination. They have been helping me learn more of my past."
Aden Bero
 player, 454 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 27 Oct 2013
at 17:12
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden considered what he knew of the Blackfrost Seers.  He also wondered what "price" they had asked of Morien for this help.

"I think it's also worthwhile for us to contact the organization responsible the the Zsasz victim's memorial. They may have some insight into the situation. Does anyone know how they might be contacted?" Aden could find the information on his own, but not having to spend a few hours asking around would be nice, with things so busy at the moment.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:15, Sun 27 Oct 2013.

Tamalie
 player, 289 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 28 Oct 2013
at 03:46
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Watching intently, Tamalie doesn't feel all that confident in what they actually discovered. It seemed more like a dead trail, and possibly the wrong trail to boot. Listening, she is hoping someone has an idea that could be pursued, but as it stands, she quietly listens, somewhat uncomfortable in feeling like they didn't find what they set out to do.
Mr. Main
 GM, 621 posts
Mon 28 Oct 2013
at 22:11
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Fortune tellers? I'm not going to belittle your beliefs, but I think we might need something more concrete then the ramblings of some soothsayers."

"Stephan, I don't see how this could hurt. The worst that happens is that they waste the time of our brave volunteers. If you truly feel they can give you a lead feel free to ask them. As for the memorial comity I'll send a letter to old Jaspar. He's one of the founder's and a friend of mine. I don't know what they can do, but if they can help they probably will."
Morien
 player, 327 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 29 Oct 2013
at 06:09
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien sighed. "If we go to see them, we will need to bring Cylithrea or something that she owns, preferably something that carries a piece of her with it... like a hairbrush."
Aden Bero
 player, 457 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 29 Oct 2013
at 18:51
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden took Stephan's comment in stride. Oracles were a very misunderstood and diverse group, less easily grasped than clerics or other holy warriors who had made a choice to devote their lives to a god. Aden, an oracle himself, still struggled with the why of his nature. But he knew for a fact that legitimate oracles were capable of much more than Stephan seemed to suggest.

Aden nodded, saying, "Doesn't sound like we have anything else to go on, might as well get started. Unless anyone else cares to make a suggestion?" If not, he was ready to head to the Monkey and retrieve something of Cylithrea's.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:53, Thu 31 Oct 2013.

Tamalie
 player, 292 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 30 Oct 2013
at 02:07
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Raising an eyebrow about the mention of oracle, and magic, and Cylithrea, Tamalie considers the point, thinking it would be difficult to nay say against magic, as there is always something or someone out there that can do something amazing that she hasn't seen before.


"These..soothsayers? Where do we have to go to see them?"
Morien
 player, 328 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 30 Oct 2013
at 02:21
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 "They have a tent on the outskirts of town, in an opening by the canal. We actually passed by it when we first entered the city by boat."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 394 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 30 Oct 2013
at 04:22
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil gave a shrug of his shoulders. "I'll go if that's the consensus. Got nothin' 'gainst gypsies, soothsayers an' fortune-tellers." He gave a look at his team and smirked. "Or sword-wieldin' icicles, hot druids, or fiery-tempered Oracles fer that matter."
Morien
 player, 330 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 31 Oct 2013
at 00:18
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 "It may be best if we go to the organization that destroys these knives first though. Having a piece of a knife... or a whole knife for that matter... would work far better than Cylithea's brush.

 ... though I should warn you. Pay as much heed to which sister speaks as to what is said. Three sisters peer into time, past, present, and future. One hears lore now lost, and one finds that which needs be found."


 When he spoke the last, it sounded almost like something he recited from memory.
Aden Bero
 player, 459 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 4 Nov 2013
at 21:33
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Do we have any choice over which provides us the answers." The juggler doubted the answer would be yes.
Morien
 player, 333 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 4 Nov 2013
at 22:33
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien shakes his head. "All of them answer the question, each filtered through their own unique Sight. The best that can be done is to take heed of which Sister is speaking at any given time."
Mr. Main
 GM, 627 posts
Thu 7 Nov 2013
at 00:58
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Percival sends an aide to get a quill, ink and paper. Once he has those he begins to write up the letter. He then seals it with the pommel of a small silver dagger. He then hands it over to one of you whoever is closet or indicates they want it.

<brown>"It looks like this debriefing is at it's end. Thank you for your assistance last night. though we did not lure the culprit out we appreciate the effort and enthusiasm. If you discover anything new please share it with us. If you'll excuse me."</brown. and with that the stern captain known as Stephan left.

OOC: Ok once I figure out what time it is exactly I'll be moving you along to meeting with the victim's memorial organization. if there is any last thing you wish to say or do with the pallies now is the time.
Mr. Main
 GM, 628 posts
Thu 7 Nov 2013
at 21:27
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Percival gives you guys directions to where the memorial organization office is located. It's a small office on the second story of a warehouse at the docks not to far from the site of Zsasz's ruined forge. you head up the steps to find that the door is locked. you knock on it and after a few minutes you see a small young woman open the door a crack. Just enough for her to see your faces, but not enough for you to come in. Unless of course you decided to force the door open. You could probably bowl her over quite easily to get into the office.

"Can I help you?"
Aden Bero
 player, 461 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 10 Nov 2013
at 23:50
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden steps forward, bowing his head and handing the letter from Percival to the girl. "I am Aden Bero, of the Temple of Many Mysteries, and these are my friends.  We are members of Novice Team Arcadia.  This letter is from Percival, Grandmaster of the Radiant Dawn.  It recommends us to speak with Jaspar regarding an issue of grave importance."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:52, Sun 10 Nov 2013.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 399 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 11 Nov 2013
at 06:28
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil lets Aden take the lead. He is a bit more of the talker than Dustil is, after all.
Mr. Main
 GM, 630 posts
Sat 16 Nov 2013
at 00:18
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"The letter please." the young woman asks. She opens the door a little more so you could hand it to her.
Aden Bero
 player, 463 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 16 Nov 2013
at 15:13
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden extends the letter to the girl.
Mr. Main
 GM, 633 posts
Sun 17 Nov 2013
at 21:50
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
the young woman takes the letter and closes the door. after a few minutes she opens it again "this way please." once all of you walk through the door she closes it and leads you through the small office over to a small corner. A short bald slightly overweight old man looks up at you from the small wooden chair he is sitting in. In front of him is a small desk covered in ledgers, letters and notes.

"So you're trying to catch a killer using a Zsasz knife and you think we can help. How?"
Morien
 player, 337 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 17 Nov 2013
at 22:11
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien had been taking up the rear and it is he who speaks up. "We are planning on asking the help of the Blackfrost Seers to determine his location. Having a piece of one, even a broken one, could help to locate the murderer. In exchange, we will do what we can to turn this new knife over to you for destruction."
Mr. Main
 GM, 635 posts
Thu 21 Nov 2013
at 02:03
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Wish I could be of help, but once we destroy a knife the pieces are not kept. They are either entirely slagged, thrown into the river or reused to forge something else; usually construction material."

"A couple of the families may have kept pieces."

"I guess it's possible."
Morien
 player, 339 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 22 Nov 2013
at 06:52
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien nodded. "Then would it be possible for you to introduce us to someone who may have kept a piece of the knife?"
Aden Bero
 player, 464 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 23 Nov 2013
at 19:44
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Aye,any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. We'll be respectful to the victim families."

13:44, Today: Aden Bero rolled 21 using 1d20+10. diplomacy.
Mr. Main
 GM, 636 posts
Sun 24 Nov 2013
at 03:14
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Alright, we'll see if we have anything in our records that mentions any families keeping shards. Cally, start checking while I finish up here. Where can we send word to you if we find anything. this could take hours maybe longer."
Aden Bero
 player, 473 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 10 Dec 2013
at 19:09
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Alright, thanks.  Please send word to the drunken monkey and let us know if you find anything."

When the group departs, Aden suggests, "We should go by Cylithrea's to check on her and see if we can borrow a personal effect for the oracle sisters."  Assuming no one disagrees, Aden leads the way.