Meeting with the Dawn (in the past, couple days before)   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Mr. Main
 GM, 210 posts
Tue 2 Oct 2012
at 21:18
Meeting with the Dawn
After deciding on your various prizes the group split up and went their own ways for a time. taking are of errands, visiting friends, ect. However as the sun kissed the horizon some of you met up and headed off to the grave yard of swords, the headquarters of the Radiant Dawn in search of answers and to offer your help.

OOC: Okay anyone wanting to head to the radiant dawn post here. I will be posting up the first day of the festival thread later. We should be able to run both at the same time without much trouble. we'll just ignore and retcon anyway paradoxes that pop up.
Tamalie
 player, 92 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 3 Oct 2012
at 03:13
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Wandering over by herself, Tamalie was a combination of sympathetic to the sadness she might expect for a funeral, but also looking forward to coming back to the compound, and let the order know of her appreciation. The walk was feeling good, and she knew that the others would probably be taking the same path. She must have timed it slightly off as she didn't meet any of her companions on the road. The druid assumes that they are already there, or probably just that she started out a little earlier then them, and they will show up shortly.

Seeing the gate, she hurries her walk, wanting to see if any of her companions are there yet.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 159 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 3 Oct 2012
at 04:31
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: Fine, fine.

Dustil rose silenty from his nap and wasn't drunk for once. He bathed and dressed before heading down to quickly grab a bit to eat. Once done, he headed towards the gates at a reasonable (for him) pace, though for anyone else it would have been very fast.

He saw Tamalie and tamped down internally. He gave her a respectful bow. "Good evening, Tamalie."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:32, Wed 03 Oct 2012.

Aden Bero
 player, 162 posts
Wed 3 Oct 2012
at 06:01
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Arriving at the Radiant Dawn, Aden greeted his companions.  He then proceeded to ask the nearest acolyte where Percival might be found.

It's dusk/night Dustil.  The sun has just set.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:12, Wed 03 Oct 2012.

Tamalie
 player, 94 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 4 Oct 2012
at 03:25
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Smiling, she waves, and says hello first to Dustil, and then Aden as they come in, or when she spots them.

"Uhm, no one else with you? I haven't seen anyone else. You know if William, or Morien, or Safia were coming? Oh, I guess there was Grig too, but he just seemed so quiet about coming back here."
Morien
 player, 118 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 4 Oct 2012
at 04:52
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien was dragging a little behind Dustil. He was not a morning person and these early mornings, combined with the ordeal from the day before were wearing on him. He waved wearily but said nothing when he arrived.
Tamalie
 player, 95 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 4 Oct 2012
at 12:18
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Morien! You made it!" She says with an excited smile to see him. "Just in time too, the sun is almost done setting down."
Mr. Main
 GM, 212 posts
Thu 4 Oct 2012
at 19:00
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
At the gates you notice a company of soldiers, in various types of armor and bearing a large variety of weapons, all bearing the Radiant Dawn's emblem forming up into several squads, almost a score of small teams and a couple full platoons.

As Aden moves to enter a guard stops him. It is not the gaurd you met last night. this one barely even seems to be 18. So Aden asks him where he can find Percival.

"Where ever the Field Marshal is, I am sure he is very busy. What business do you have with the dawn?" the young soldier asks.
Aden Bero
 player, 164 posts
Thu 4 Oct 2012
at 23:38
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"My name is Aden Bero, and these are the other members of Team Arcadia.  Last night we came through here, in a race competing to be the on the Novice Team for the games.  We won, largely because of aid from Percival, and we know that a member of your order lost his life.  We're here not only to offer thanks, but to find out what happened and see if we can help in any way."
Morien
 player, 120 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 5 Oct 2012
at 02:35
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien was stretching and yawning. It seems he'd slept in.... WAY in. "Yeah. I wanted to pay my respects... assuming they will let me in."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 161 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 5 Oct 2012
at 04:53
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil was quiet, content to let Aden do the talking. He was honestly sure he knew why they were poking their collective noses into this anyway. He was pretty sure the Radiant Dawn wouldn't want their help, though it was possible he was wrong.
Mr. Main
 GM, 214 posts
Sat 6 Oct 2012
at 02:13
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"We appreciate your condolences. Everyone is allowed to visit the graveyard of swords during the day, but the sun has set and it is near time for the grounds to be closed. Otherwise the best I can offer is to ask for the Duty Officer to come speak with you."
Aden Bero
 player, 166 posts
Sat 6 Oct 2012
at 18:15
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Aye, we don't want to be a nuisance, but we really might be able to help. If you wouldn't mind letting us speak with the Duty Officer?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 217 posts
Sun 7 Oct 2012
at 03:04
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
the guard summons a young boy, probably a page, of about 14 or 15 over.

"Can you go see if Lieutenant Tyndar is busy?"

"Which one?

"Lieutenant Laster Tyndar, the Duty Officer. Not Lieutenant Pollard Tyndar who is obviously currently busy organizing the men about to head out."

"Oh right."  the page replies before heading off.

he returns a few minutes later and leads the group inside the compound to a small building near the barracks. He leads you inside to a small office with maps of Arcadia, the Fort, Alliance territory and local environs on the wall. though none of them seem to have any sort of markings or other information posted on them. Sitting at a small plain looking desk signing reports and writing up some sort of list is a man of average height, medium build, dirty blonde hair, light green eyes and olive skin. He seems to be in his mid 20's. As you enter the office he puts his papers away and stands up. he offers each of you his hand to shake.

"I'm Lieutenant Tyndar. You wanted to speak with me? If you want to pray at the graveyard of swords I'm sure you could sneak in five minutes before we kicked you out. Or was there something else?"
Aden Bero
 player, 169 posts
Sun 7 Oct 2012
at 05:13
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden repeated his spiel about last night, and coming to see if they could offer any assistance, in addition to thanking the order for its help.
Mr. Main
 GM, 219 posts
Sun 7 Oct 2012
at 12:09
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: make a diplomacy check. Anyone who wants to assist feel free to say something and make a check.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 164 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 7 Oct 2012
at 14:24
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil gave the man a low bow. "We know you are busy, and we appreciate you taking the time to see us. As Aden has said, if we can help we would like to."

OOC: Yeah, I know. Some of you going why is Dustil rolling? He's unskilled and has a penalty! Lol!

08:24, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 14 using 1d20-1. Diplomacy.

Aden Bero
 player, 171 posts
Sun 7 Oct 2012
at 18:35
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
13:34, Today: Aden Bero rolled 19 using 1d20+9. diplomacy.
Mr. Main
 GM, 222 posts
Sun 7 Oct 2012
at 19:31
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
the Lieutenant smiles "They say evil triumphs when good men do nothing. How can I sit here and tell brave and eager young individuals to sit still and keep out of it? However before we let you help out we need to see what you can do. Not just to prove you won't be a liability but also to know how to best utilize your help." he replies as he stands up from his desk. He walks over to the closet and takes out some breastplate. though painted white and emblazoned with the sigil of the radiant dawn his is not shiny or dazzling. The armor has lost it's luster and though is in good repair has several scratches and ding. With a little help from one of you he puts it on rather quickly, takes his shield, also white with the trade mark symbol of the radiant dawn, and a longsword and turns to head out of the office to the training yard. but stops and asks if all of you are in top condition.

OOC: basically asking if all of you are at full hp with no negative conditions. He will heal you if you are not.

Once all of you are fully ready to go he leads you out into the courtyard and over to the now organized contingent of soldiers waiting for orders to leave.

"Hey Pal, we've got some volunteers that want to help out.Told them we need to see what they can do first. You up for a few rounds?"

A man with medium length shining silver hair and silvery blue eyes walks forward. His skin is pale, but there is an occasional glint of gold as if he had silica flakes embedded in his skin. He is the same height as Laster, with similar features and similar gear. "Always" Pal replies as he moves to stand next to Laster. then they both turn and face you at the same instant.

The soldiers make room around you forming a loose circle.

"We call this a live steel excercise. Every soldier here went through at least one, generally speaking, before being approved for missions. We fight in full armor with real weapons until a sound blow has been struck. It's to give recruits and green soldiers a little taste of actual combat before heading out. The rules are simple 'survive' for a minute or best one of us and you pass. remember though this is serious and wounds are expected you aren't going for the kill. So if you catch someone undefended don't follow through. We're ready whenever you are." Laster explains

"show us what you're made of!" Pal calls out.

OOC: basically the rules are simple you guys are fighting till half health. If you would score a critical hit you are supposed to not follow through or basically intentional fail the confirmation check.  if you can last 10 rounds or defeat one of them you win. You pass or fail as a group so even if one or more of you get's "taken out" as long as one of you is still standing at the end of round 10 or manages to "drop" one of the pair facing you everyone succeeds. Roll initiative.

the other paladin's are a loose circle surrounding you about 30 feet in Radius. You can leave at any time, but leaving the circle is the same as getting "taken out".

 

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:32, Sun 07 Oct 2012.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 167 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 7 Oct 2012
at 20:24
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil humbly and gratefully accepts the healing offered. He was still a little injured with cuts and scrapes from the harrowing journey the day before. He gives a small smile and thanks them.

He steps into the circle without hesitation. He rolls his head around on his neck a few times and then pops the knuckles on each hand. "I will forgo using steel against you." He unhooks his belt with the sheathed temple sword on it and hands it to one of the warriors forming the circle.

He looks to see which of his comrades will be joining him, a grin on his face. He takes a long drink from his ever-present flask. "Ahhh! Better be some good brew later."

14:22, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 8 using 1d20+3. Initiative if needed.
Tamalie
 player, 99 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 8 Oct 2012
at 04:13
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Drooping her shoulders, Tamalie lets out a breath of air. This isn't something she was expecting, nor thinking this is something she is going to do very well on. Stepping forward, she has an unpleasant grimace on her face. Drawing her dagger, she really hopes they don't target her.

23:12, Today: Tamalie rolled 15 using 1d20+2. initiative.
Morien
 player, 122 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 8 Oct 2012
at 05:12
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien had remained silent at the back of the group during the exchange. However, as the paladins challenged them, Morien stepped to the front of the group and unsheathed his sword. "Very well, but unlike my friend here, I cannot fight well without a weapon."

23:54, Today: Morien rolled 10 using 1d20+2. initiave.
Aden Bero
 player, 172 posts
Mon 8 Oct 2012
at 05:17
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden was also grateful for the healing, as it wiped out the last of his spider-bite fatigue and brought him back to full strength.  A spar with some seasoned vets sounded like just the perfect way to prove himself.  He stepped into the circle, shortspear in his off-hand, the same arm bearing a buckler.  He wasn't sure if he'd go spell or javelin first, but wiggled his fingers in anticipation....


00:10, Today: Aden Bero rolled 24 using 1d20+4. Init.
Mr. Main
 GM, 224 posts
Mon 8 Oct 2012
at 19:53
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: Ok so the initiative order is:
Aden
tamalie
Laster "Las" and Pollard "Pal", yeah they both have somewhat demeaning nicknames.
Morien
Dustil

Will give everyone who hasn't posted time to post their actions.

quick little map just for reference. the & are soldiers forming the rough circle. you can move through their squares as if they were allies, but moving outside the circle counts as being "down".

L = Laster
P = Pollard
A = Aden
M = Morien
D = Dustil
T = Tamalie

-----------&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
---------&&---------------&&
-------&&--------------------&&
-----&&&-----------------------&&&
----&&--------------------------&&
----&&-T--D---------------------&&&
----&&-------------------L------&&&
----&&----A--------------P------&&&
----&&-------------------------&&&
-----&&---M---------------------&&
------&&-----------------------&&
-------&&--------------------&&
--------&&-----------------&&
-----------&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&



Dustil Kraye
 player, 172 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 9 Oct 2012
at 14:29
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil will make a few short gestures as things start to solidify, his arms going up like wings for a moment. Then he settles down into a more defensive crouch. He moves forward to Laster and snaps a testing kick at the man and doesn't come close to hitting.
Aden Bero
 player, 174 posts
Tue 9 Oct 2012
at 17:36
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden, unable to hold back any longer, springs to action first, drawing a javelin and hurling it at Las, who is still back on his heels. He then takes a 5' step towards Tamalie, so that he is adjacent to her.

12:33, Today: Aden Bero rolled 20 using 1d20+7. Javelin point blank vs Las (flat-footed AC since he hasn't acted yet?)
12:34, Today: Aden Bero rolled 6 using 1d6+4. Potential damage

This message was last edited by the player at 21:45, Tue 09 Oct 2012.

Tamalie
 player, 100 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 10 Oct 2012
at 02:14
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Biting her lip, Tamalie is furrowing her brow, torn about this exercise. She doesn't want to use her dagger on the two men in front of her. But she is wanting to help her team mates last a little longer, and so she takes a couple steps forward, shouting, "Try your blades against my dagger."

And then she fights total defensive, full action. +4 AC.
Mr. Main
 GM, 231 posts
Wed 10 Oct 2012
at 02:54
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: Round one summary
aden
tamlie
laster and pollard
morien
dustil



the quick and ever eager Aden answers the paladins' challenge by tossing a javelin. It hurls through the air his aim seemingly true Aden attack vs flat footed ac is a miss, but was really close. until it clips the very edge of Laster's shield causing it to divert just enough to avoid striking the paladin, missing his face by mere centimeters. "Whoa! Nice arm!" Laster calls out. "Lost you edge sitting behind a desk for a couple months have you?" Pollard asks

After a brief moment of hesitation tamalie moves forward "Try your blades against my dagger." she challenges the paladins.

Both Paladins smile, but keep their ground though loose and ready to strike neither moves to take offensive action.

"Very well, but unlike my friend here, I cannot fight well without a weapon." Morien calls out as he draws his sword and advances. He slashes at Pollard, but the silver haired paladin is to nimble and deftly avoids the man's attack.

following suit dustil advances on laster, taking an exotic fighting stance as as he lashes out with a kick that Laster manages to side-step.

"I'll let you take lead Las."
"Alright, let's go." the two comment in a quick exchange and suddenly their movements and postures change. With the deftness and precision of two men who has fought side by side for a very long time the two attack in concert a perfect tandem pair.

Laster takes a quick step to the side while Pollard takes a quick step forward and suddenly Dustil is surrounded. Both men lash out with their swords at the same time catching Dustil between them. Laster and Pollard sword attack vs dustil ac 21 is a success the perfect timing and placement of the attacks catches dustil off guard and both swords connect. damage from laster's attack 5, damage from pollard's attack 6, total damage 11. they quickly follow those attacks up by trying to crush dustil beteen their shields. laster and pollard shield attack vs ac is a miss however the perfect timing of the attacks doesn't get dustil off guard this time and the young monk manages to twist and weave out of the way.

"Not bad"
"Almost had you though."

round one summary over, Laster and Pollard delayed and now drop to the bottom of the initiate order, not that it matters to much. Post round 2 actions.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 173 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 10 Oct 2012
at 03:41
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil had been expecting to get hit. That was part of fighting. He hadn't been expected for them both to him and to almost crush him as well. He grimaced but didn't cry out at the pain. He lashed out in a counterattack, aiming a backhanded fist strike at Pollard's face this time, channeling his ki into the fist for stunning attack.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:58, Wed 10 Oct 2012.

Morien
 player, 127 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 10 Oct 2012
at 05:48
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 With the two of them flanking Dustil, Morien moves to counter-flank. However, he stumbles as he tries to deliver a blow.

00:47, Today: Morien rolled 9 using 1d20+8. attack, flanking.
Aden Bero
 player, 177 posts
Wed 10 Oct 2012
at 06:34
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden voiced to Tamalie, "This is for honor, lass.  We need ya."  And then he spoke an Ignan power word, and with a gesture the sword in Las' hand grew fiery hot for an instant. "Dodge that!"

Burning Disarm
01:31, Today: Aden Bero rolled 9 using 3d4+1. burning disarm dmg, otherwise disarm.
01:30, Today: Aden Bero rolled 20 using 1d20+8. burning disarm vs reflex defense, failure Las drops weapon

This message was last edited by the player at 06:26, Thu 11 Oct 2012.

Tamalie
 player, 101 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 11 Oct 2012
at 04:05
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Looking like she's asking a dumb question, she asks, "We can use magic?"

And then she casts flare on Laster.
Mr. Main
 GM, 232 posts
Thu 11 Oct 2012
at 12:51
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: Round 2 summary
Aden
tamalie
morien
dustil
laster and pollard


"This is for honor, lass. We need ya" Aden proclaims to tamalie and then he spoke an Ignan power word, and with a gesture the sword in Las' hand grew fiery hot for an instant. "Dodge that!" Attack 20 vs reflex is a miss Laster notices his longsword become incredibly hot, but keeps a grip on it anyway. Dustil and Morien can hear a soft sizzling sound coming from his right hand and smell a slight burning, but Laster does not wince or seem to otherwise react damage to laster 9

"Someone's trying to be clever!"

"We can use magic?" tamalie asks before creating a bright flash in front of Laster attack 12 vs fort is a miss. But the paladin seems unfazed.

Seeing the opportunity to catch pollard between them, Morien takes a quick step forward and swings hoping to catch Pollard off guard with a quick slash Attack 9 vs Ac is a miss however he stumbles over a rock he didn't notice and his swing goes wide.

However despite the miss Pollard's attention does indeed waver for a moment as the heavily armored warrior makes his attack. An opportunity Dustil seizes on quickly. Flanking Attack 22 vs flat-footed ac is a success. He smashes the back of his fist into Pollard's nose; hoping the impact will stun the paladin. Damage 4. secondary attack 15 vs fort is a miss A small trickle of blood flows from Pollard's nose, but the paladin takes the blow in stride.

"Oh no you've bent my nose!"
"you should thank him for fixing you're ugly mug."
"you're just envious because I've always been the pretty one."

And then they bolted in unison moving past Morien and Dustil, not giving them a second thought, as they move to engage Aden. Morien you can make an AoO on Pollard, dustil both laster and pollard provoke from you so choose which one you want to make the AoO on. Once again their timing is perfectly in sync reaching either side of the oracle at the same time and both swinging out with their swords in such a manner as to catch Aden between the two blades. laster sword attack vs ac is a miss, pollard sword attack vs ac is a hit Aden sees and manages to dodge Laster's swing, but his action only moves him right into the path of Pollard's sword. Damage 5

"you suck try again!" Pollard exclaims as his sword slams into Aden's side, the oracle's chain shirt the only thing preventing it from slicing wide open. emboldened or chastised by pollard's comment Laster lashes out once more as aden recovers from pollard's blow laster sword vs ac is a miss, laster shield attack vs ac is a hit Aden manages to deflect the sword with his buckler, but Laster slams his shield into Aden's gut. damage 4 total damage to Aden this round 9, that buckler saved you good choice bringing it out.

"That's better!
Dustil Kraye
 player, 178 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 11 Oct 2012
at 18:29
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil was, apparently, surprised at the manuever though he shouldn't have been. He made a half-hearted swing at Pollard as the man moved by. He quickly turned and charged at Pollard's back, hoping to put him between Aden and himself, swinging .
Aden Bero
 player, 183 posts
Thu 11 Oct 2012
at 18:52
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden winces in pain as he takes hits from both men.  Not wanting to remain between these two obviously superior fighters, Aden withdraws, moving back behind Morien and Dustil on the other end of the circle.  He calls out, "Follow me, Tam!  He didn't want Tamalie left over here by herself with these guys.

Since Aden is up before Morien/Dustil, he actually makes it over to you guys before you come to his aid.  So, Morien, even though 20 is a miss anyways, it's actually 18 without flanking.  Since Las and Pal are now last in initiative, you guys may just want to stay here beside us, readying your attacks for when those guys close.  It seems a good formation, you two up front 10' apart, me and Tam behind, offering support.


Status: 15/24 HP

This message was last edited by the player at 22:40, Thu 11 Oct 2012.

Morien
 player, 131 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 11 Oct 2012
at 21:49
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Seeing the opportunity, Morien adjusts his grip and swings upwardly, trying to catch the paladin in the ribs with his greatsword. He grumbles to himself as the two dash off. He begins to follow but notices Aden and Tamalie rushing behind him so instead readies an action to intercept either of the paladins (particularly Pollard) if he comes within striking distance.

16:47, Today: Morien rolled 15 using 2d6+4. damage (AoO).
16:44, Today: Morien rolled 23 using 1d20+6. AoO.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:53, Fri 12 Oct 2012.

Tamalie
 player, 104 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 12 Oct 2012
at 02:53
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Not having any problem backing up along with Aden, truth be told, she's finding the whole thing quite intimidating. These two paladins exude confidence and fearlessness that leaves her doubting her chances.

But she hopes her spell casting can build up some support yet. Casting Flare on Lester once more, she is saddened to see that it doesn't seem all that effective against him.
Mr. Main
 GM, 236 posts
Fri 12 Oct 2012
at 12:57
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: just AoO update to help you guys figure out how this changes your battle plans. Of course you could always try to tumble out of the way without provoking an AoO Aden. it would cost you 20 feet of movement, tumbling through two squares, but it beats AoOs speaking of which.



Aden's sees a break in the twin's tempo and dashes the hell out of dodge, but in his haste he leaves himself exposed for just a second. that's enough. Both Laster and Pollard strike. Laster AoO is a miss, Pollard AoO is a hit Laster misjudges the distance and misses by a wide margin, but Pollard strikes true damage 5

OOC: that would bring aden down to 10 hp and below half, "taking him out". Unless he has a handy trick to negate an attack, damage or avoid an AoO. Or if he chooses to tumble hit's the 15 dc and doesn't mind giving up 20 feet of movement to move that 10.

Laster damage: 9
Pollard damage: 19


This message was last edited by the GM at 12:59, Fri 12 Oct 2012.

Aden Bero
 player, 184 posts
Fri 12 Oct 2012
at 14:50
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Knowing he can cover the distance, Aden attempts tumbling past the blades of his foes as he withdraws, and just barely rolls over Pal's blade.

09:44, Today: Aden Bero rolled 15 using 1d20+8. acrobatics.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:27, Fri 12 Oct 2012.

Mr. Main
 GM, 237 posts
Fri 12 Oct 2012
at 15:49
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"He's pretty quick."
"yeah I thought we had Mr clever."
"Mr. Clever I  thought we were going to call him Crazy Hair."
'We could call him both, Crazy hair Mr. Clever..."

"Nah, to long." they both say at the same time.

"So Who is next?"
"Well knuckles and Clever hair"
"Clever hair?"
"It's a comprimise..."
"let's just switch between the two at random."
"Anyway we could finish Knuckles and Mr. Clever."
"True, but we haven't picked on Heavy Metal or Dazzler yet."
"I always save the cute ones for last."
"That'll get you killed someday."
"But not today."

The two paladin's quip back and forth obviously enjoying the chance to fight again side by side as Aden retreats behind Morien and Dustil.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:34, Fri 12 Oct 2012.

Aden Bero
 player, 185 posts
Fri 12 Oct 2012
at 20:21
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden, getting back to his comrades, laughs at the pair and quips back, "Since 'Worse Nickname' is more damaged than 'Dulled by a Desk,' let's focus our efforts on him."  Crappy nicknames, sure, but Aden did just about get his head knocked off.

OOC: So Las and Pal use their actions this past round sharpening their wit, and Aden gets to start the next round, right? :D
Morien
 player, 133 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 13 Oct 2012
at 04:49
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Seeing Aden's slight slowing, he moves forward a bit, trying to line himself up in such a way that either of the two that tried to get past him would create an opening. "Well, Mallard and Molasses. Since you two are so keen on nicknames, care to take a whack at me now? I think you'll find me a bit harder to crack than my friends here."

OOC: Did Morien's AoO hit?

OOC: Moving forward 20ft to cover Aden's loss of speed and Read action to attack Pollard. If you want, you can use the old roll I had for flanking attack -2 (it's still a miss) or we can use this one:

23:49, Today: Morien rolled 15 using 1d20+6. ready attack.

 Either way it still fails x.x

This message was last updated by the player at 04:52, Sat 13 Oct 2012.

Mr. Main
 GM, 245 posts
Sat 13 Oct 2012
at 14:32
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Round 3 summary
Aden
Tamalie
Morien
Dustil
Laster and Pollard

yeah morien your AoO hit Pollard for 15 damage, which is why he has 19 damage racked up.



"Follow me, Tam!" Aden calls out as he makes a break for it. Just barely managing to avoid Laster and Pollard's blades, though he get's the feeling they didn't try to hard to catch him. Like they let him go. stupid thing to do in a fight, then again this wasn't really a fight was it?

"He's pretty quick."
"yeah I thought we had Mr clever."
"Mr. Clever I  thought we were going to call him Crazy Hair."
'We could call him both, Crazy hair Mr. Clever..."

"Nah, to long." they both say at the same time.

"So Who is next?"
"Well knuckles and Clever hair"
"Clever hair?"
"It's a comprimise..."
"let's just switch between the two at random."
"Anyway we could finish Knuckles and Mr. Clever."
"True, but we haven't picked on Heavy Metal or Dazzler yet."
"I always save the cute ones for last."
"That'll get you killed someday."
"But not today."

the two banter as tamlie follows on Aden's heels. She tosses out another bright flash of light and yet again it fails to effect the paladin causing some frustration for the young druid.

Aden, getting back to his comrades, laughs at the pair and quips back, "Since 'Worse Nickname' is more damaged than 'Dulled by a Desk,' let's focus our efforts on him." the assumed safety of Morien and Dustil's proximity bolstering Aden's confidence a bit.

 Seeing Aden's slight slowing, he moves forward a bit, trying to line himself up in such a way that either of the two that tried to get past him would create an opening. "Well, Mallard and Molasses. Since you two are so keen on nicknames, care to take a whack at me now? I think you'll find me a bit harder to crack than my friends here."

"Mallard and Molasses? Great seems like Idiot has become contagious" A voice calls out from the sidelines as a woman in fullplate, a helmet in the crook of her left arm makes her way to the front or the circle of spectators.

the twins look over at her briefly "You just wish you had some fans." they reply. As they do Dustil charges forward attack 25 vs ac is a hit and with a leap lands a sound punch on Pollard's chin. damage 7

"Ow! knuckles isn't playing around!"

"do we do requests?"
"heavy metal is asking for it..."
"But I like knuckles initiative."
"first come first serve!" the two comment as they engage dustil.

they both move to engage dustil immediately, not bothering to surround him, instead this time they just lash out with a flurry or attacks. Laster sword attack a hit, laster shield attack a miss, Pollard sword attack a hit, pollard shield attack a miss dustil's skill, agility and insight help him avoid the paladin's shields, but their swords are to swift damage from laster sword 5, damage from Pollard sword 5. total damage 10

Laster damage 9, Pollard damage 26

that is the end of round 3, post round four. though dustil if you spend a hero point after a roll you can get a +4 to it. If you did that you're attack would be a 25 and a hit. But you would have to spend a hero point. so may or may not be worth it.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:05, Sat 13 Oct 2012.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 184 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 13 Oct 2012
at 16:44
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: Sure, I'll spend a Hero Point. Why not? I'm out of the fight anyway at this point but I'd like to show something for my efforts lol.

Dustil grunt and a sigh escapes from his lips. He raises his hands up, takes a step back and walks out of the circle. He knows when he's been beaten, which seems to be a recurring theme for him.
Aden Bero
 player, 190 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 13 Oct 2012
at 18:53
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden whispers up to Morien, "When they close, I'll try another Burning Disarm on Mallard.  Maybe it'll keep his sword from you.  Just be ready to swing at him.  And Tam, stay close to me."  Aden himself moves to 10' behind Morien, and readies his spell for when Mallard attacks.

Move: 10' directly behind Morien
Ready action: Burning Disarm when Mallard attacks
13:41, Today: Aden Bero rolled 9 using 1d20+8. burning disarm vs. reflex
What's a Nat 1 on a spell attack? :/
Bahahahahaha, nat 1 with max damage: 13:51, Today: Aden Bero rolled 13 using 3d4+1. burning disarm dmg.

Morien
 player, 134 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 14 Oct 2012
at 04:43
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien sighed as he saw the blades strike Dustil. With that fight, he knew that his main combat support in this fight was gone. "Aden, Tamalie, keep your distance and, if you see an opening, strike."

 He strode forward, purposefully with his sword held in reverse position, hilt pointed at Pollard, blade held in reverse. "Well, now that Dustil is out of the picture, I suppose I cannot afford to hold back any longer."

 He spun his sword downward and then to the left, using the momentum to raise the blade above his head. However, the blade also seemed to remain in the downward left position. As he swung down, the other version of the blade seemed to come in an upward diagonal slash.

23:43, Today: Morien rolled 11 using 2d6+4. damage.
23:42, Today: Morien rolled 9 using 1d20+6. Attack 2 Shadow Blade.
23:42, Today: Morien rolled 23 using 1d20+6. attack 1 Shadow Blade.
Tamalie
 player, 105 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 15 Oct 2012
at 01:46
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Needing to get a little more serious, Tamalie is feeling a little less than useful, especially after wasting a couple chances to hurt the two paladins. They really seem to be okay in laying some hurt on her friends.

Trying a little harder, she casts another spell, this time, causing a little storm burst to erupt on the field, sending a fury of wind and rain out.
Mr. Main
 GM, 246 posts
Mon 15 Oct 2012
at 10:58
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: round 4 summary
aden
tamalie
morien
dustil
laster and pollard



As dustil walks out of the ring having been taken out Aden whispers up to Morien and lays in wait...

"Crazy hair is at it again"
"It's like he doesn't know that scheming leads to paranoia."

  "Aden, Tamalie, keep your distance and, if you see an opening, strike."

 He strode forward, purposefully with his sword held in reverse position, hilt pointed at Pollard, blade held in reverse. "Well, now that Dustil is out of the picture, I suppose I cannot afford to hold back any longer." then Morien lashed out with an odd sword technique which seemed to almost split his sword into two blades. Attack 1 and attack 2 vs Pollard ac is a miss though swift and deceptive the paladin managed to see through the attack and managed to deftly parry the warrior's blade with his shield.

However that's when tamalie struck. Unleashing a small storm just as Morien lashed out the paladin nearly dodged it, but the strange magical attack grazed his shoulder and that was enough. Damage to pollard 29


"Damn! It seems you habit got me instead."
"Told you it wouldn't be today."

the assembled paladin's, even the woman in fullplate, clapped as the exercise came to an end.

"Alright evaluation time. knuckles if you'd join us again?"

As you grouped up a paladin with a wand came by and healed the wounds the group had accumulated during the exercise.

"Alright so on the whole you guys pass. Knuckles you're a little on the reckless side, but you've got a good right, are light on your feet and have decent battlefield awareness. Heavy metal you're a pretty good support fighter. you moved well to try and capitalize on and make the most out of knuckles aggressiveness while also positioning yourself to make it harder to reach the other half of your team. Dazzler you're a little on the meek side, but you didn't overestimate your abilities, made sure try and keep your distance and didn't lose your head and expend energy you didn't need to.

 Mr. Clever on the other hand, you've got some neat tricks, are pretty quick and have one heck of an arm, but you also got to excited. You're one of those desperate to win gets lost in the moment types. While all your friends, not to mention the two of us, made certain not to expend any of our reserves you made no qualms about it. That could be a liability. You didn't expend much, but it was a short fight. While it is important to take enemies down fast you also need to consider later engagements as well. After all this was basically just a training exercise.

Well enough with the lecture, you did pass. So we'll let all of you help out.


"While not everyone here is being mobilized for the manhunt a good deal of them are. When the other officers are finally finished with all their briefings we'll explain what our plan is and how you can help."

The female paladin in full plate makes her way to the gate, a platoon of soldiers behind her

"It was an entertaining fight. I wish all of you luck. Catch that bastard"

"Oh don't worry we will, you just remember to watch yourself out there. what or who ever slaughtered that caravan was fast, ruthless and brutal. Good Hunting!"

"What a world we live in when the brash duo tells me to be careful. How many times have I pulled your asses out of the fire?"

"literally? only the one time"
"And we total had it covered Beatrix"

Beatrix just shakes her head and waves goodbye one last time before heading out the gate and down the road to the east.
Aden Bero
 player, 191 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 15 Oct 2012
at 14:53
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden takes their lecture in stride.  They had a point.  If he went and used up all his spells, it could leave him and his team vulnerable.  On the other hand, he'd actually only ended up casting Burning Disarm one time, and thrown a single javelin.  The rest of the time he'd spent dodging their swords and shields.  "Thanks for the spar, and the advice gentlemen."  He shakes each of their hands, and then inquires of Tamalie, "That spell was awesome.  What the heck was it?"

09:52, Today: Aden Bero rolled 24 using 1d20+6. spellcraft.

He also asks the twins, "So a caravan was wiped out?  And a member of the Radiant Dawn happened to also be in the caravan?"
Tamalie
 player, 106 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 15 Oct 2012
at 18:24
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Giving a sigh of relief that they gained a pass, Tamalie doesn't speak her mind that she's glad it's over.

Wiping her forehead and cheek with a hand, she then uses both hands to sweep the the long blonde hair from her face. She listened to the suggestions of their battle prowess, and she bites her lips when they talk of her meekness in battle. Inwardly she knows that things could have been different. But she didn't want to hurt the two paladins. It just didn't seem the right thing to do.

Aden asks her about her spell, and she doesn't mind sharing. "Well, I'm really in tune with nature, and that little stormburst is something I was taught to fall back on. Not too often have I used it much lately. It kept a couple goblins from pursuing me once, thinking I'd send even worse coming their way."

Tamalie is curious about the wagon too. "We might still have time to offer some aid and help."
Mr. Main
 GM, 247 posts
Mon 15 Oct 2012
at 22:50
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"No, Some Elven scouts found the wreckage and sent word to us. They are currently looking for tracks and sign to see if they can identify what attacked. Where the attack came from and where the attackers went afterwards. We're mobilizing that platoon to support them and eliminate whatever attacked the caravan if it proves to be a continued threat. Not all caravans are destroyed by foul play. Some of the smaller ones sometimes are taken out by local wildlife because they are not cautious enough and have bad trail habits like not properly disposing of refuse. A hungry brown bear can tear apart a small wagon and it's occupants without to much trouble."


 "And bears are sometimes one of the tamer beasts out there. Of course there are also sometimes bandit groups that pop up. Not to mention other dangers, like the Worgs in the forest to the south."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 185 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 16 Oct 2012
at 01:08
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil came back when the fight was over. He looked...a little disappointed but not too badly. He clapped for them all, however, his comrades and the paladins alike when the fight ended. He listened politely and then nodded, after thanking the wand-healer. He knew he needed to coordinate more with his friends if they were going to continue working together and wanted to have a chance at winning the tournament, let alone fighting for real against evil if they chose that route.

He listened even more intently when they brought up the situation at hand. He frowned about the caravan. For some reason, he doubted it was a bear, but he had no logic or fact to back that up. He shuddered and unconsciously rubbed a hand on the one of his leg when the worgs were mentioned. "Yes, we ran into the worgs already. Ouch is all I can say about that. And that they were pretty damn smart animals."
Morien
 player, 135 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 16 Oct 2012
at 05:19
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien sheathed his sword and let out a sigh. In truth, he was glad the fight was over. He didn't like fighting the paladins, not even for sparring. It felt... wrong somehow.

 He nodded silently as the paladins made comments about his fighting style. What they had said was encouraging... but made the feeling of wrongness all the more pronounced.

 He said nothing regarding what it might be. He only hoped that it was not yet another impostor, using his name to commit banditry.
Aden Bero
 player, 192 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 16 Oct 2012
at 07:59
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden waited as patiently as he could, listening to what everyone said.  Truth is, after two doses of complete healing and some sparring to get the blood flowing, he was ready for more.  He looked forward to learning how they might fit into the Radiant Dawn's plans.
Mr. Main
 GM, 248 posts
Tue 16 Oct 2012
at 23:46
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"You have no idea. We used to patrol near them, but recruits kept getting lured in and ambushed. Apparently some of them are smart enough to mimic human sounds when they want to. They used to lure some of us in by making noises that sounded like hurt, scared and lost children. We made a few expeditions inside, but those damn worgs always managed to out pace and escape us or notice our ambushes before we could get more than a couple of them. We were forced to just give the forest a wider birth. If you fought them I'm impressed. Almost no one manages to escape them."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 186 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 17 Oct 2012
at 02:45
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil gave a shrug. "Yeah, well, we DID have help. A couple of archers hidden. The spiders didn't help though." He crouched down and looked at the ground. "So when do we leave?"
Aden Bero
 player, 194 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 17 Oct 2012
at 04:35
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Damn spiders," Aden muttered. He then proceeded to shiver for a moment thinking about the nasty things crawling on him, biting him. And the mother one...Gross.

"I seriously thought about burning that whole forest down for a moment." He smiled, thinking for a second, and you thought he might be kidding.  "But yeah, those worgs were natural predators.  And Cayden Cailean himself would have gotten the shivers when that big one howled."
Morien
 player, 136 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 17 Oct 2012
at 05:00
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien sighed. "Yeah, they chewed up my legs something awful. I was actually surprised that they didn't flee when I killed their alpha."
Mr. Main
 GM, 250 posts
Fri 19 Oct 2012
at 02:42
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Maybe they were especially hungry? We've made sure to let people know to give that forest a wide margin. But, from the sounds of it, that area will be a lot quieter for a while because of you guys."

OOc: ok sorry for the lame update, will move things along shortly. just a little tired today. I might update later tonight or tomorrow morning.
Mr. Main
 GM, 252 posts
Sat 20 Oct 2012
at 15:49
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
With the live steel exercise over the soldiers go back into the groupings they had been a part of earlier. After another minute to two the rest of the officers appear, though Percival and the old man are not among them. A man in the now familiar white breastplate of the radiant dawn and carrying several spears walks forward to address the assembled soldiers. He has black hair, lightly tanned skin, cold grey eyes and a stern expression. he definitely seems like the joyless type. A huge contrast to the other paladin's you've met so far.

"Who are these people?" He asks.

"Captain, they are concerned citizens who have volunteered to help."
"We tried them in a live steel exercise and they passed. they will not hinder our opperation"
"They also apparently have fought the worgs of the forest to the south and dealt them a sound blow that scattered the pack."

"Very well; what are your names." the captain asks.
Aden Bero
 player, 196 posts
Sat 20 Oct 2012
at 17:09
Re: Meeting with the Dawn

This message was deleted by the player at 17:11, Sat 20 Oct 2012.

Aden Bero
 player, 197 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 20 Oct 2012
at 17:09
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden offers a dip of the head in respect, replying, "Aden Bero, Oracle of Flame, Acolyte at the Temple of Many Mysteries."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 187 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 20 Oct 2012
at 19:07
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
The monk gave a bow of respect to the new arrival. "I am Dustil Kraye, humble monk of the Drunken Path." He couldn't bring himself to call himself a Drunken Master. He had yet to master anything. "Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to help."
Tamalie
 player, 108 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 21 Oct 2012
at 02:36
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Listening to Aden and Dustil give their name and a title, she was thinking that was quite a grand idea. Trying to copy that, she steps forward, announcing, "Tamalie, friend of the forest, and Arcadian Representative for the Festival."
Morien
 player, 139 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 21 Oct 2012
at 08:42
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien placed a fist upon his chest and inclined his head downward slightly. "I am Morien, the Frost Lord."
The Radiant Dawn
 NPC, 11 posts
Sun 21 Oct 2012
at 23:26
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Another one of those? Well at least you aren't conscripting an army of malnourished peasants, digging up graves or any of those other crazy stunts others using that name have pulled recently. We had to put down a few of them simply because they were acting like incensed rabid animals. So how did they place Tyndar?"

"They won in about half a minute with one loss and one heavily injured. So not to bad. Aden; caster and close range support. Morien; heavy infantry. Dustil; skirmisher. Tamalie; some kind of caster. Not to sure what she can do"

The Captain looks Tamalie over for a bit. "Alright change in plans. everyone listen up. Most of what we were going to do will stay the same. The platoon will go on patrol and make our presence known. Supplementing the guard's own patrols. don't get in their way, but make sure they and everyone else knows you are near by. Move about in pairs at least."


He the points to one of the smaller groupings of soldiers, a six person squad that was more casually equipped. they wore light armor and did not wear the colors of the dawn or bear their insignia or device, but if you looked closely you could see some of the radiant dawns symbols on a couple of their weapons  "You will lean your informants, contacts and anyone who you thin will talk. try and see if you can get any info on someone bragging about killing a Pally or if there were any other witnesses."

he then points to a the remaining small sqauds, each of these man up of four soldiers. unlike the six man squads these were clearly members of the order. "You'll join up with the gaurd and post up at all the known entrances and exists to the city and at the major intersections in the canals. be ready to intercept and detain suspects that flee or try to escape. Tyndar, See that the men are properly geared up and deployed. Coordinate with the guard as best you can."

then he looks at the four of you "We have a special assignment for you. Come with me." He then heads towards the building where Lt. Tyndar had his office.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:22, Mon 22 Oct 2012.

Morien
 player, 140 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 22 Oct 2012
at 00:59
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien nods. "Yes, they give me trouble to no end. It's good that I have fewer to contend with now."

 He follows the paladin when he motions.
Aden Bero
 player, 202 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 22 Oct 2012
at 06:47
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden followed, fired up to help new, worthy allies.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 192 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 22 Oct 2012
at 16:14
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil stifled a sigh about being the "one casualty" spoke of. He tried not to take the loss personally, but he supposed that he and Aden were both a bit headstrong at times. He gave a nod and followed along to find out what the 'special assignment' was to be.
Mr. Main
 GM, 263 posts
Tue 23 Oct 2012
at 01:12
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Following the captain in he leads you to a small briefing room with a  large crescent shaped table. He does not sit or indicate for you to sit. instead he walks over to a wall with a map of the city on it and grabs some notes on a small table near it before turning back to address you.

"Paladin Janean was killed here in an alley. What we know is that somehow he noticed a young blonde woman was being attacked in an alley and moved to help. She managed to get away, but it cost Janean his life. We don't know much else because the guard kept her overnight for questioning and protection. they have not been to forthcoming with details unfortunately. normally such things make sense. Who would want a bunch of armed vigilantes running around making trouble in your city? However despite what they may wish, that's exactly what they are going to get. the coordination is mostly just..."playing nice" by both sides. We want him. So do they. think of it as a race where you pretend to help your opponent while trying to steer him the wrong way or slow him down. It's counter productive, but unfortunately that's life sometimes. You're mission, if you choose to accept it OOC: Could not resist; sorry., is two fold. First find this woman and ask her about what happened. Anything she can remember. then you are to use your comrade Tamalie as bait. We had originally planned on using one of our own, but the few women we have in our order have a tough time portraying themselves as weak, meek and vulnerable. Their training, builds and martial talent all make them less than believable victims unfortunately. So find out what you can. make tamalie seem like a good easy target and then capture all predators that pounce."
Morien
 player, 145 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 23 Oct 2012
at 01:51
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien nodded. "That makes sense... of course, the decision to be bait is hers. However, are you certain he will remain in the area? Killing a paladin is a big deal... they have to know that they will be hunted down for it."
The Radiant Dawn
 NPC, 12 posts
Tue 23 Oct 2012
at 02:30
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Yes we are aware of that, though it's not like it used to be. Once we were a full Brigade, now at best we can muster a Battalion and were aren't quite the scourge of evil we used to be. So unfortunately we don't have the psychological presence we used to. While we are uncertain if he is still in the city and it would make sense for the suspect to go to ground or run in part that doesn't matter. this isn't just about catching a killer and making sure justice gets done. It is also a statement. Unfortunately over the years time and again we have learned that shows of force are what is necessary to keep from emboldening local criminals and other evil-doers."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 194 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 23 Oct 2012
at 03:29
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil started to argue and then clamped down. His voice sounded a bit forced when he spoke. "ONLY if she wants to an' agrees to! Tamalie is NOT weak or helpless...though she might be able t'play the part, I dunno." He wasn't a fan of this mission so far. It didn't seem very...paladin-y.
Mr. Main
 GM, 265 posts
Tue 23 Oct 2012
at 03:34
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"I never said she was. I don't doubt that she is very capable. But she is petite and was labeled meek by the twins. They might be reckless jokers, but they have a decent feel for people. Plus it's not like we are throwing her to the wolves. You will be nearby, but as I said it's only if you choose to do this. I am not ordering you and no one is holding a knife to your throat."
Aden Bero
 player, 208 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 23 Oct 2012
at 07:09
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden looked to Tamalie, replying, "We've got your back, lass, whatever you decide."  He felt sorry for the killer if he came on Tam expecting a meek little victim.  Looking back to the commander, he continued, "I am curious though.  Why is the Arcadian guard more interested in catching this murderer on their own than working with you?  I mean, it was one of your men, and I'd imagine they'd understand your need for response. Wouldn't they feel the same way if it was one of the guard killed instead of a knight of the Radiant Dawn?  And on that note should we expect them to hinder us?"
The Radiant Dawn
 NPC, 13 posts
Tue 23 Oct 2012
at 13:21
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Oh they will not actively hinder you, but they will slow down when it comes to cooperating. So if you need permission to do something with them, they will each say they need to ask a superior officer and go up the chain a lot farther then they would normally. They will take extra time to process paperwork, relay information; often by saying they need to get confirmation, getting guard members mobilized to assist and other such things. So they won't get in your way, just steal time.

 As for why, well when our man was killed Percival, under pressure from many of us, exerted his political pull a little to heavily and demanded that the city gates be closed and the guard man them while we hunt for the killer. It ruffled a lot of feathers. Also while Sir Silas Wade, the guard commander, wouldn't care. His Niece, the Captain of the guard has strange ideas about justice. She is a true professional and has approached the job in a new and novel manner. But she also thinks of us as nothing more than a civilian militia, which is technically true I guess since we are not directly affiliated with any government and are not under the command or scrutiny of the Alliance. She thinks we will ruin the investigation because certain abilities we posses will make us prejudiced in carrying out justice."

Tamalie
 player, 114 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 24 Oct 2012
at 03:45
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Tamalie's mouth dropped open, speechless at the mention of her acting as bait. Her friends stood up for her well enough, but the whole idea of being bait left her fairly certain that she's have to be pretty sure her friends weren't immediately beside her to pull off the victim look, and that meant there would be some danger.


"Well of course I'll try. Let's go deal with the first part, the true victim, the woman. Let's find out what we can, and then find out what the killer wanted from her."
Morien
 player, 147 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 24 Oct 2012
at 05:45
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien nods. "I understand her thought process, even if I do not agree with it."

 He then turned to Tamalie. "I will be nearby. Do not worry."
Aden Bero
 player, 214 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 24 Oct 2012
at 19:02
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Any idea where the victim might be now?". It was already getting late, and this lady had been through a lot. Aden felt bad hunting her with the sundown, she was probably feeling real skittish right now.  Bit the longer they waited, the less likely they'd catch this killer, so they might as well get started.
Mr. Main
 GM, 290 posts
Thu 25 Oct 2012
at 01:52
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
the captain pointed to the map " We have an idea, but we don't really know for sure. From what information we were given the woman in question was attacked on the way home from work. we believe she works as a barmaid in one of the several taverns in the area."

OOc: knowledge local check for anyone who has it trained.
Tamalie
 player, 117 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 25 Oct 2012
at 03:46
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"I could be a barmaid. I have the right attitude and can handle a tray of ale, I bet."

ooc-knowledge local roll of 7.
Mr. Main
 GM, 298 posts
Fri 26 Oct 2012
at 13:06
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: the location on the map seems familiar, which is not surprising since you've lived in arcadia your entire life tamalie, but you can't place it.

"I"ll leave how you carry out the mission to you. Thank you for your assistance. Good hunting.
Tamalie
 player, 120 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 27 Oct 2012
at 15:27
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Looking to her companions, she shrugs her shoulders, saying, "Looks like this might be a long night."

Looking at the map, trying to be sure where they need to go, Tamalie points out to her friends, "Ok, we have to get here to start, but we also have to talk to the Aracadian Watch so we can figure out who that blonde was, and what she was up to that night. Let's try and figure our way here. " She points once again to the map to try and commit to memory.

Hoping that covers everything, she starts to walk off, looking to see if someone else had a question first, otherwise, she leaves.
Aden Bero
 player, 219 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 27 Oct 2012
at 17:21
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden nods at the Dawn captain, replying, "We'll find this man, and serve him some Arcadian justice."

As the group makes ready to depart, Aden replies, "While you guys are asking the guard, and getting nowhere, I'll be sliding into some of the nearby taverns and getting info the ol' fashioned way...over a pint of stout.  I'll try to find out who the woman is, where she works, where she lives, and anything about the assault and perpetrator that I can.  Any suggestions?"

Aden has a +9 diplomacy, so hopefully he can get some answers, though by the rules it takes at least 1d4 hours to do so.  Still, we're starting with very little, and it doesn't sound like the guard will make anything easy for us.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 207 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 29 Oct 2012
at 00:06
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil pondered for a moment. Then nodded to himself. "I'll be searching the taverns with Aden, but not walking in with him or seeming to know him. That way, in case someone knows something but pretends not to, if I'm in the tavern already I can hopefully spot it."
Morien
 player, 156 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 29 Oct 2012
at 00:32
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien rubs his chin. "I think I'll go in with Aden. That way if you find someone who knows something, I can hurt them till they talk."
Mr. Main
 GM, 307 posts
Mon 29 Oct 2012
at 00:43
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"While intense interrogation is sometimes a necessity, we would ask that while you are assisting us you refrain from violence except when absolutely necessary to protect yourselves or end serious threats to the lives and wills of others."
Tamalie
 player, 121 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 29 Oct 2012
at 02:12
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Raising an eyebrow, Tamalie comments, "Well, I might just end up being a target without even trying if I'm going by myself." Smiling, she doubts any real danger from a coward that goes after women.


"Well, in that case, I'm going to head off right away."
Aden Bero
 player, 224 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 31 Oct 2012
at 06:45
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
In reply to Morien (msg # 86):

Aden eyes Morien up and down, then frowns.  "Beat it popsicle.  You'll cramp my style."  He cracks a smile and pops up quickly, making a couple of playful, yet quick and trained jabs.  "I can handle myself, and Dustil already said he'd be playing backup, working his own angle.  Keep Tam company, keep her safe, and we'll meet up with you."


Good meeting spot in between attack area/taverns and where Tamalie/maybe Morien will be.  Knowledge Local, 21 using 1d20+2. knowledge local, untrained.
Morien
 player, 162 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 31 Oct 2012
at 07:47
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien looked at the paladin and then at Aden. "Fine by me... that way I can defend her against any serious threat against her life."

 Despite Morien copying the paladin's words almost exactly, it still sounded sinister somehow.
Mr P
 GM, 13 posts
 'Dems the rules... good
 thing i make the rules
Thu 8 Nov 2012
at 14:56
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden takes off in search of information over a few cool mugs at the nearest tavern, hoping to sniff out the identity of the one who was attacked, and finds himself shortly at The Stiff Goat.

Not as flashy as some of the other establishments in Arcadia, it has a reputation for being a local hangout of the best gossip mongers in the city, and seemed a prudent enough place to start.

Tamalie and Morien make their way out through town to the main hall of justice, which houses the Arcadian Watch, as well as the courthouse. The Guards stationed outside the entrance stare skeptically at Morien as the pair arrives, "State your business."
Aden Bero
 player, 227 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 9 Nov 2012
at 00:07
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
PM
Tamalie
 player, 123 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 9 Nov 2012
at 02:16
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Figuring she'd do a lot of the initial talking, Tamalie knows it helps that she is a woman who doesn't comes across as intimidating.

But she steps closer, so that the men might focus on her more, as she says, "Hello there. My name is Tamalie, and I was hoping to find someone who might be able to help me. I was hoping, Uhm, sorry, what were your names?"
Mr P
 GM, 16 posts
 'Dems the rules... good
 thing i make the rules
Fri 9 Nov 2012
at 15:58
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
The lightly armored guard rolls his eyes, "I am Jonas, and this is Aaron... What sort of help do you need? With all that is going on with the Festival, we have a long list of priorities, so keep in mind we might not be able to help immediately."

The second guard, Aaron, quickly speaks, "But I'm sure that we ca be able to help you, Maam." The younger of the pair stops staring at the well armored MOrien and seems to stare at Tamalie.
Aden Bero
 player, 228 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 9 Nov 2012
at 22:15
Re: Meeting with the Dawn


PM
Tamalie
 player, 124 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 10 Nov 2012
at 04:22
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Smiling, she says their names, "Jonas, and Aaron. It's good to meet you. It's interesting that you working to help with the Festival. Me and my friend here are in the Festival ourselves, for Team Arcadia."

She hopes that helps give their position a little credit that they aren't just con artists, or wandering through the area. The druid is hoping to show that they are wanting to help, and that they aren't competition.

"I don't want to keep you from the festival, but what I was looking for, I heard of an attack on a woman recently, and I was told she came here for protection. Blonde, petite. Could you tell me if she's still here? I think I can help."
Morien
 player, 163 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 10 Nov 2012
at 06:33
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 The only kind of diplomacy Morien knew came at the end of a pointy object so he remained silent, letting the young druid do the talking. It would probably be best if he played the part of a bodyguard at the moment anyway.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 210 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 10 Nov 2012
at 15:40
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil gives Aden a few moments before he himself enters the establishment known as the Stiff Goat. The name makes him chuckle a bit as he walks in and looks around.
Mr. Main
 GM, 343 posts
Wed 21 Nov 2012
at 02:10
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
In the stiff goat.


"If that's a pick up line it needs some work, not that you'd need..." the older guard, Janos, smacks the younger one, Aaron, upside the head.

"You're on duty." He then turns and address Tamalie "Arcadia is a big city. Lots of folks get attacked every day. More now that the population is shelling and excitement building because of the coming festival. Besides even if you gave me more information and I somehow knew who you were talking about. We are not allowed to discuss the details of such incidents. Now if you are witnesses who want to file a report or are here to retrieve a friend or relative you'll need to go inside and speak to Sergeant Dey. She is at the front desk which is located in at back of the front lobby. However weapons are not allowed to be carried inside by civilians. you will need to leave them with us. See the officer in the reinforced booth? you put your weapons into the locker. he writes up a ticket and hands it to you. when you leave you may retrieve them if you wish by presenting your ticket."
Morien
 player, 169 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 21 Nov 2012
at 04:38
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien's hand went to his sword with a bit of reluctance. He really didn't like the thought of giving up his weapon.
Tamalie
 player, 133 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 21 Nov 2012
at 05:01
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Smiling, Tamalie says, "Thank you Jonas and Aaron for your help. I'll be sure and ask there to see if she's still here."

She'll head for the locked booth, looking to hand over her weapons, and attempt to get a little further.

She whispers to Morien, trying to let only him hear, "I hope this is going to get us a little information. Maybe look for some sign in sheet, or some paper work on people who have come in through here. A family member might have picked up the blonde we're looking for. It's a stretch, but maybe we'll get lucky. I'm trying to get through this without letting them know we're the competition, but did you have any ideas of something we should try?"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 218 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 21 Nov 2012
at 16:51
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil walked in and found a place to sit at the bar and ordered an ale. He set the coin on the bartop and sipped at the ale to see if it tasted any good. Meanwhile, he looked around slowly to see what there was to see. He saw Aden get up, and waited to see if Aden was leaving or something else.
Aden Bero
 player, 238 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 21 Nov 2012
at 18:21
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Ooc: woops. Really thought I'd already posted this.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:06, Thu 22 Nov 2012.

Mr. Main
 GM, 351 posts
Thu 22 Nov 2012
at 03:32
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Inside the Guard HQ:

A young member of the guard takes your weapons, writes detailed notes on them. So as to make sure they are properly returned to their owners...or so he tells you. then writes out two receipts, one for each of you. On the receipt you notice a little warning/disclaimer. "Unauthorized use of magic is prohibited inside Guard headquarters and all other governmental facilities. Each Guard member is allowed to use their discretion in dealing with and responding to unauthorized castings."

He then points to the desk at the back of the lobby where an older woman with streaks of grey in her otherwise dark brown hair is sitting behind a large desk with a bench in front of it. She seems to be doing paper work of some kind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in the stiff goat.


Dustil's ale isn't bad, not as good as old man bear's from the drunken monkey, but still not bad. It might even be worth what you paid for it. As Dustil works on his ale he notices a card game in a corner, two guys grumbling to each other about the days work as they drink at a table near by. Three young men playing some sort of drinking game while calling each other names and flirting with the barmaids off to his left. of course there were several groups of quiet drinkers content to have a quick meal and down some ales without much chatter between them. from they way they look they must have had a long day and don't have the energy to grumble, play cards, fight or flirt. As you near finishing your ale, never takes you long, you notice Aden get up and leave.
Morien
 player, 171 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 22 Nov 2012
at 05:04
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien shook his head. "Nothing that doesn't involve acid, a fish hook, and rusty spoon."

 As he passes by the guards, he clams up and only hands over his weapon with some reluctance. His fists were clenched as he followed Tamalie inside.
Aden Bero
 player, 242 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 22 Nov 2012
at 23:28
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Pm
Tamalie
 player, 136 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 23 Nov 2012
at 02:46
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Raising an eyebrow, she starts to smile, certain he was joking. "Oh, you're so funny Morien. The others are always thinking you're so up tight and brooding, but they just don't get that dry humor." She smiles at him.

Handing over her sling, and her dagger to the City Watch, she didn't have much when it came to weaponry. As she gave it over, she tried to ask the man's name. "Thank you, I know they aren't much, but they are all I have for weapons."

And then finally heading to the desk where the older lady is, Tamalie walks right up there, and asks politely, "Uhm, hello. Hi, my name is Tamalie. I'm hoping you can help me. There was this young blonde woman that was attacked last night, and she came here, and I was told you might be able to help me find her. I was thinking I could help her. Is she still here?"
Morien
 player, 172 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 23 Nov 2012
at 07:01
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien took off his helmet and quirked an eyebrow at Tamalie. He then looked askance at the guards and forced a "smile". "You know me too well..."

 He then clanked along quietly behind Tamalie. This was her idea and he'd rather let her do the talking anyway. Judging from what the paladins had said, this would likely be a waste of time.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 222 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 23 Nov 2012
at 21:20
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil takes not of the faces he sees, in case he sees them again later at another bar. He waits a few moments more and sets his empty tankard down. He thanks the bartender and leave the stiff goat behind (which might sound dirty to other people). He heads outside after Aden.
Aden Bero
 player, 243 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 24 Nov 2012
at 20:53
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden waits until Dustil spots him posted up against a wall, 60' away. The oracle of flame draws from his pipe, exhaling a cloud of smoke before moving away from the wall and walking on, further away from the Stiff Goat.  It seemed Aden had gotten some information and was on the move.
Mr. Main
 GM, 355 posts
Sun 25 Nov 2012
at 16:59
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
At the guard HQ:

tamalie and Morien walk up to the desk and ask their question.

"First I need you to sign in. Write your full name and place of residence here." the woman points to a log book with the date written at the top and a list of names and places.

After both of you sign in she addresses you again "Could you please be more specific. What is the name of this woman you believe to have been attacked and your relationship with her? How did you find out about this attack? Are you a witness?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the drunken monkey:

Aden and Dustil make their way to the drunken monkey only to find it closed. the windows are shuttered. you seem one of the regulars, an aging carpenter named Jim walking away from the door. He sees you "Looks like bear decided to close his cave for the night. Doors locked and all I got when a knocked was an earful."

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:05, Sun 25 Nov 2012.

Aden Bero
 player, 246 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 25 Nov 2012
at 17:44
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden replies, with a bit of sarcasm for the old regular, "Damn, ol' Bear being a grump again?  Looks like we'll be doin our imbibin' elsewhere this eve."  He pulls out some coppers, handing them to Jim, "Have a couple on me, wherever you end up. Me and Dustil gotta have some words with Bear." He knew Jim didn't need it, but the man had bought him a round a time or two, and the oracle was feeling friendly.

Aden went up and knocked on the door of the Monkey.  He kept knocking until he got an answer.
Mr. Main
 GM, 359 posts
Sun 25 Nov 2012
at 23:22
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"WE'RE CLOSED YA STUPID DRUNKS!" was the reply.
Aden Bero
 player, 249 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 26 Nov 2012
at 05:15
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Bear!  It's Aden.  And Dustil.  We need to talk, it's important."
Mr. Main
 GM, 363 posts
Mon 26 Nov 2012
at 13:30
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"I DON'T GIVE A DAMN! I'M BUSY TONIGHT, COME BACK TOMORROW!"
Aden Bero
 player, 250 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 26 Nov 2012
at 16:12
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Come on Bear.  We know what happened last night.  We're here to help.  We won't take but a minute of your time.  And when we win the first round of the games tomorrow, we'll tell everyone to come celebrate here.  Your business will explode.  So, let us help you tonight, and then help you again tomorrow."

10:11, Today: Aden Bero rolled 13 using 1d20+9 diplomacy bear.
Mr. Main
 GM, 365 posts
Wed 28 Nov 2012
at 02:45
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
you hear cursing and are called all sorts of inventive names. It's the type of cursing only sailors and veterans are capable of spouting. insulting and obscene in all sorts of imaginative ways. though a common trend seems to be shoving various things up a sensitive part of your anatomy and then doing something with it afterwards.

the door opens and you find yourself staring down the business end of bear's Axe. It seems like he's about to cleave off the side of your head with it too...until felece stops him.

"Stop! Cyli's already seen enough blood don't ya think!" Bear stiffens and then lowers his axe.

"Get in or leave before I step outside and close the door so she can't see."
Aden Bero
 player, 253 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 28 Nov 2012
at 03:21
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden gives Dustil a quick glance and steps inside.  He keeps a cautious eye on Bear, even as he tries to convince himself they're both safer inside.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:22, Wed 28 Nov 2012.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 225 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 28 Nov 2012
at 20:01
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil's eyebrows rose up and his eyes widened as he listened to the exchange. Bear was in a foul mood! A VERY foul mood as the curses and axe came out. Dustil was ready to try and deflect the axe from Aden but it didn't become necessary. He shook his head and followed Aden in quickly.
Mr. Main
 GM, 369 posts
Sat 1 Dec 2012
at 05:17
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
you enter a drunken monkey much more somber than you have ever seen. the half elven waitress Cylithrea Goldenhair is sobbing quietly. while the other waitresses try and comfort her. She looks tired. Her eyes are red and puffy. her usually well tended soft silk golden hair is a tangled mess. her dress is slightly torn. there looks like dried blood is on it. the side of her face is one large bruise. purple, black, blue and a pale looking yellow. Bear takes a glance at her and then looks away. obviously angered and barely able to control it.
Aden Bero
 player, 260 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 1 Dec 2012
at 07:59
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
It was a sobering sight.  Aden felt his blood boiling, didn't realize his fists were clenched.  "I'll f@%#ing kill whoever did this."  The words came out without him even thinking, pitched for Bear and Dustil, though others might have heard.  This beautiful, kindhearted, wonderful flirt of a woman didn't deserve such abuse.  She didn't deserve any abuse.  Someone was gonna regret this.

After a moment, he looked at Bear and said, "What do we know about who did this?"  This suddenly felt very personal for Aden.
William de Soulis
 player, 89 posts
Sat 1 Dec 2012
at 08:26
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
William had his rest, fatigue losing its battle with sleep. He followed directions to meet up with friemds, waiting outside just to be sure he wouldnt interupt them to soon
Dustil Kraye
 player, 226 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 1 Dec 2012
at 18:17
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil kept his distance from the sobbing girl. He wanted to comfort. His very soul wanted to reach out to her, but he thought that she might not want a man touching her right then. Not any man. So he stayed back and stayed 2 steps away from both Aden and Bear. He was angry, but they looked downright full of rage. He wondered if he would have to keep Aden from killing the one responsible when and if they found him.
Morien
 player, 183 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 2 Dec 2012
at 08:34
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien, after having retrieved his weapon, left the guard building. His opinion of the town guard had been lessened by his experience there. He returned to the Drunken Monkey and banged on the door.
Mr. Main
 GM, 371 posts
Mon 3 Dec 2012
at 23:12
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Damn Drunks! go away! the Monkey is closed tonight!" you hear shouted from inside.
Morien
 player, 184 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 05:04
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien scowled. He spoke loud enough to be heard through the door. "Open up, Bear. I'm not here for drinks. I need information."

 There was only one reason Morien could think of for the Monkey to be closed right now. It meant he had found what he was looking for on his first try... but that also meant something else. Something that made even his frigid blood turn cold.
Mr. Main
 GM, 375 posts
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 05:48
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: just pushing the scene back a bit to make it a little more dramatic and so that things don't need to get repeated. william if you want in. Say you walked in with morien.

bear opens the door axe in hand. He gives you a look you know all to well. the look of a man filled with anger and frustration. the sort of man who might just be looking for a reason or excuse to blow his top in order to vent some of that pent up rage before it drives him into a true frenzy.

"Get in."

gathered around a small round wooden table are the girls. The always smiling often flirting petite blonde half elf named Cylithrea Goldenhair is sobbing quietly. She looks tired. Her eyes are red and puffy. her usually well tended soft silk golden hair is a tangled mess. her dress is slightly torn. there appears to be dried blood on it. the side of her face is one large bruise. purple, black, blue and a pale looking yellow. the other girls are doing their best to try and comfort her.

Aden is pacing back and forth hands balled into fists. "I'll f@%#ing kill whoever did this." He states with fury.

Dustil is over by the bar...and not drinking. He often glances back and forth between the sobbing girl and Aden. obviously upset by all this and not quite certain what he should be doing, but giving the crying girl enough space under the obvious assumption that the last thing she needs is another man near her right now.

Aden seems to cool off a bit. "what do we know about who did this?"

"you think I'd be standing here looking at you jerks if we knew anything!" Bear then brought his axe down on his bar. it stuck with a solid thump. Shaking all the glasses and bottle near by. The haft quivered a little as he let go and then he stormed out into the kitchen.

Felece walks over. "She's tired, upset, in pain and scared. so she hasn't made much sense. what we've been able to put together over the last couple hours in between her sobs is this. the assailant beat her. Tore and cut her clothing and maybe more. He called her all sorts of names and was terrorizing her. He told her he was going to start with her pretty eyes. Something about eating them or making her eat them. Then the paladin came. He tackled her attacker and pushed him away from her and yelled at her to run. She bolted. ran for she doesn't know how long. a few blocks maybe more. she ran into a watch patrol. she tried to tell them what happened, but between her tears, the beating, her fear and everything else it took a while to get them to understand her. she led them back to where the attack took place and found the paladin's butchered body. So far no one's been able to get a sensible description of the attacker."

felece now gets angry herself. the knuckles in her small hands cracking as she tightly clenches her fists. "On top of everything else she feels guilty. guilty that someone died because of her. that she wasn't paying attention on her walk home. that it took her so long to come to her sense and lead the guards back to the paladin and now that she can't keep herself together enough to come up with a description.'
Morien
 player, 185 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 07:33
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien listened silently while Felece finished and then took off his helmet. He looks at Aden and reaches into his backpack, pulling out 50 gold pieces. "Go find a place that sells cure potions and bring back a potion of Cure Light Wounds. That should ease her pain." He sat it gently down on the counter beside him and walked over to the young woman and knelt, hands over his knee.

 "We came here to find the one who did this. Take a deep breath and calm down. We have a small army of paladins in the city helping us hunt him down. What I need, more than anything right now, is a description. His height, weight, build, tattoos, scars, piercings, anything that could help us identify him. Do you think you could help us with that?"

 Morien's voice was unbelievably gentle and kind sounding. It was in stark contrast to his usual intimidating presence.
Aden Bero
 player, 264 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 18:52
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden looked at Morien when the warrior put his gold down on the bar.  He looked so mad at the situation that he might just tell Morien off to let out some steam. But then he looked to Cylithrea, and realized Morien was trying to get him out of here because he was probably adding to the tension.  He took a deep breath, looking like he was going to blow, and then exhaled, putting on a calmer demeanor.  When he spoke, his voice was much less angry.  "Save your money, ice-bucket."

Aden too walked towards Cylithrea.  He matched his tone to Morien's, "Can I offer you healing, lass?  It'll make you feel better."

CLW on her if she's willing.  That's my 2nd spell used this day, including burning disarm against Las and Pal.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:40, Wed 05 Dec 2012.

Mr. Main
 GM, 376 posts
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 18:55
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: diplomacy checks. A spell to calm her and her emotions could be helpful too.
Aden Bero
 player, 265 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 19:17
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
I thought about Calm Emotions, which I didn't have.  Like a toolbag mcgee, however, I didn't think of this!  I have a couple of scrolls on me that will help!

13:04, Today: Aden Bero rolled 28 using 1d20+9. diplomacy.
13:07, Today: Aden Bero rolled 11 using 1d8+3. CLW Cylithrea.
Cast Remove Fear from scroll.  Scratched off inventory.


Aden's affections for the woman, along with his wish that this had never happened to her, infuse with his healing spell, for significant effect.  After curing her, Aden takes out the scroll of Remove Fear he'd purchased earlier today with their Team Arcadia fund.  It takes him several seconds of searching around to find it, almost as though as he's wrestling with something in his pack. Finally finding what he seeks, he unfurls the scroll.  With incantations and gestures, he gently touches Cylithrea with the aura of abjuration the spell creates, hoping to liberate her from the fear that binds her mind and tongue.
Mr. Main
 GM, 378 posts
Wed 5 Dec 2012
at 02:52
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
It takes a minute or so, but Cyli manages to calm down. she takes a while to collect her thoughts. She closes her eyes and despite her terror tries to recollect every detail she can. "It was dark. he was wearing a gray mask and leather armor. He had black eyes and lightly tanned skin. he had a hood covering his head so I couldn't see his hair. he was...average height? he wasn't big. wasn't very muscled either. he was quick though and strong enough. Nothing about him really stood out...wait his knife. That terrible knife. It'd had a slight curve to it, was serrated and it's point looked like a barbed reinforced spike."
Morien
 player, 186 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 5 Dec 2012
at 07:55
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
01:27, Today: Morien rolled 18 using 1d20+4. diplomacy.

 Morien nods. "I know this next question will be hard, but it may be important. This business with the eyes, what exactly did he say? Was there anything... odd... about his presence? A chill in the air, a smell of the grave, anything like that?"

This message was last edited by the player at 11:25, Wed 05 Dec 2012.

Aden Bero
 player, 266 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 5 Dec 2012
at 16:37
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden listened as Morien questioned.
Mr. Main
 GM, 379 posts
Wed 5 Dec 2012
at 21:52
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Clyi starts to shake and tears form in her eyes again. they bulge and you can see that the terror of that still clings to her. "He...he said that my eyes were so pretty...that he was going to let me choose. Either he'd take them both...or I...I could... eat one in front of him..."
Morien
 player, 188 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 6 Dec 2012
at 01:16
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien nods once, takes a deep breath, and exhales before speaking again. "Breathe, Cyli. Breathe. It's okay now. I have one last question for you. It's important.

 Can you remember if he had any presence about him or what his hands looked like? I know he would have been frightening, but this would have felt like a sickness in your soul."


*if she says it was too dark or he had gloves on*

 "Even so, his hands would either be hard and calloused or soft. Please, it's important because it tells us what he does for a living and where we can go to look for him."
Mr. Main
 GM, 380 posts
Thu 6 Dec 2012
at 15:37
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"I can't remember. I don't know. I'm sorry."
Aden Bero
 player, 267 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 7 Dec 2012
at 02:18
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"It's alright.  You did great, Cylithrea." Aden stands and moves over to Felece and Bear.  "Slip her something to help her sleep tonight.  She'll need it after this.  We'll find the man that did this."  There was no doubt in Aden's tone.

He said to the others, "We should find out who this guy is.  Somebody's gotta know something matching the description.  And I guess we should report it to the Radiant Heart.  There should be some squads in the area."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:27, Fri 07 Dec 2012.

Morien
 player, 189 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 8 Dec 2012
at 05:29
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Once Cyli was out of the room, Morien put his helmet back on and put his gold away. "Our dead paladin knew he was going to die... so whoever did this is strong enough to bring down a paladin that can smite him.

 I would start looking at blacksmiths. That type of knife sounds pretty unique. We might at least get a feel for what it is used for and whether or not it's a local make.

 What bothers me the most is the eyes. We need to know if there is any cultural, ritual, or religious motive behind it or if he is just insane."



 He paused for a long moment before finishing. "It's almost impossible to conceive this far south but it could be a frost demon. They took the eyes of those they killed. In our culture, if you take someone's eyes, you lay claim to their soul..."
Aden Bero
 player, 268 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 8 Dec 2012
at 17:56
Re: Meeting with the Dawn


"I can hit the taverns again, see if anyone knows of this knife or someone obsessed with eyes.  Should we split up?  If so, we should remain in pairs at least.  Too many crazies in the city at the moment, not even counting this guy."
Aden Bero
 player, 269 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 9 Dec 2012
at 06:21
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Something comes to Aden's mind, as he continues, tone grim, "The knife is called a Zsasz knife. All of them have similar designs and yet are distinct. There is no better weapon for murder. Zsasz was a smith obsessed with making the deadliest knife. So much so that he went insane and started using them on people to see just how effective each adjustment was. It is speculated that he made over a hundred of these knives. Each one uses what he learned from killing the previous victim to improve it."
Aden Bero
 player, 270 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 9 Dec 2012
at 18:53
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"the only strange thing is that he was caught and killed 30 years ago.  So, we either have a deranged copycat, or something very unnatural on our hands."

Aden is ready to go find one of the nearby Radiant Dawn patrols and give them the intel gathered.  Unless their orders change, Aden will then want to go start asking around about Zsasz knives and likely suspects.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:32, Sun 09 Dec 2012.

Tamalie
 player, 142 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 10 Dec 2012
at 01:13
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Mr. Main:
"First I need you to sign in. Write your full name and place of residence here."

 "Could you please be more specific. What is the name of this woman you believe to have been attacked and your relationship with her? How did you find out about this attack? Are you a witness?"


Trying to sum up her courage to keep talking, even though she thinks the truth will make things worse, she sticks to it because to do otherwise would be wrong.

"Well, I didn't witness this myself, and I'm not sure of her name, only that I could be of some help. I heard about the attack because of the Radiant Dawn's involvement. I heard of the one of their member's death in defending the woman, and that's where I think I can help. If I could just talk to the woman, I'm positive I can help her out. I'm told we look similar, and I could flush out the attacker."
Mr. Main
 GM, 383 posts
Mon 10 Dec 2012
at 03:06
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"How are you connected with the radiant dawn and what makes you think you can lure the assailant out?"
Tamalie
 player, 143 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 10 Dec 2012
at 04:23
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Looking at the woman in the eye, Tamalie says, "I came to offer my respects at a funeral of a Radiant Dawn member, and when I learned that there was a woman being attacked, and that someone else died trying to defend her, I felt that this was something I could help with. The attacker appeared to go after this woman that I was told was similar to me, slight of build, petite, and I thought that if I talk to the woman, see what she might know about this person, then I could be of some help to her. I can help serve as a lure. Possibly I could at least offer my services as a healer to her, a sense of comfort to know that others want to see to her safety, even possibly just being someone of comfort. My father is Caladrel Auvryndar, and he taught me that those who can help those who can't. Will you help me?" She pleads.
Morien
 player, 190 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 10 Dec 2012
at 06:30
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden Bero:
"the only strange thing is that he was caught and killed 30 years ago.  So, we either have a deranged copycat, or something very unnatural on our hands."


 Morien nods. "Indeed. You go find a patrol. I'll go pick up Tamalie. She's probably still wasting time talking to the town guard."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 231 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 11 Dec 2012
at 20:20
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil spends the entire conversation and questioning focusing on his breathing. Controlling his breathing, to be more precise. He doesn't his anger to get the best of him. And Morien is actually doing well, surprising Dustil. He can't offer more and anything he wants to know will have to wait as the woman didn't look to be capable of taking any more questions.

He hopped off his bar stool, downing a drink (from his flask if nothing else).

"There would be a local guild for miscreants, right? Thieves and/or assassins. I believe I have heard that things must be sanctioned by them or they are unhappy. Do we know anyone who can contact them?"

He pondered. "Blacksmith is a start. Not sure who else might know about the knives. Maybe a sage or library?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 384 posts
Tue 11 Dec 2012
at 23:49
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Sergent Dey looks at you as she considers your plea. finally after a long few seconds she speaks. "Johnston, take over for me." the sergent calls out and another guardsman walks up and silently takes over her position at the desk. "Miss Auvryndar come with me." Sergent Dey then leads you further into the guard HQ and up a couple flights of stairs over to  a large room with a a handful of desks and tables a couple small offices and several chalk boards. The walls and chalk boards are covered with maps, sketches, notes and reports. Sergent Dey leads you over to one of the offices. Inside are a few guard members they stop talking as soon as they see the Sergent and you. "You want to help and you can. But we need to be able to trust you. For that you need to be completely honest with us. Now tell them what you told me and everything else. Tell them what you know and how you learned it. Explain why you are here and how you think you can help."
Morien
 player, 191 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 12 Dec 2012
at 02:27
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien stopped for a time and just looked at Dustil. He had his helmet on so his face was obscured, but then he started laughing. "The Thieve's Guild. I have no clue as to how to contact them, but you're right. Contacting them could prove to dramatically simplify our search."

 He thinks for a moment. "What about occult shops? There are certain ingredients for some of the more... unsavory... spells that are nearly impossible to find without a smuggler.

 Find a shop that sells them, find the smuggler. Black Onyx is a good example."

Tamalie
 player, 144 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 13 Dec 2012
at 04:42
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Mr. Main:
"You want to help and you can. But we need to be able to trust you. For that you need to be completely honest with us. Now tell them what you told me and everything else. Tell them what you know and how you learned it. Explain why you are here and how you think you can help."


Following along, she stays close, and doesn't really know what is next, and coming into a room full of watch members is a little intimidating. There's just something about a roomful of people with the authority to arrest her, that makes her see them on a level higher than she'd place herself. Biting her lip, Tamalie is in a crowded room full of people, and she doesn't know how all of them will respond to this. Taking a breath, the druid begins, "Well, I came looking for a woman that was attacked recently. I was hoping that I could offer some help to her, and even understand more about what happened to her. Now, I haven't met her, but I was told we seem similar, being petite and all. It's a bit of a stretch, but I was thinking the best way to help was to go after the attacker. The scenario I imagined what this might look like was I act as bait for the attacker, and then see who kind of evil comes out of hiding."

She knows she was warned about the next part, and how they might take offense to the competition of the Radiant Dawn, but she told enough to reveal that part already. She's hoping honesty, and willingness to help will be the point where they let their bias sway enough to give some help.

"How I found out was when I went back to the Radiant Dawn to give some appreciation of their assistance when me and my friends were coming in for the Festival. There was a number of us tired, and worn out from competing for spots on Team Arcadia. But with some healing, and a little help on the direction, we managed to persevere. We won, and I know that their efforts played an important roll. We came back there this night to give thanks, and pay our respects for one of the order who was killed. And when we heard some more about what happened, we had to help. So, now, I'm here to see if I can be of some help, and if I could talk with this woman who was attacked."
Aden Bero
 player, 272 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 13 Dec 2012
at 17:59
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden replies, "We should travel in pairs.  Will, you want to go with Morien to check on Tam?  Me and Dustil can start asking around, seeing if we can get in touch with the right people to find this killer. We meet back here in, what, 2 hours?"

"Bear, is it alright if we use this as our meeting point?  Perhaps a special knock to get in the door?"

Mr. Main
 GM, 385 posts
Thu 13 Dec 2012
at 20:57
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"yeah sure it's knock on the damn door and tell me your damn name. Secret knocks..."
Mr. Main
 GM, 386 posts
Fri 14 Dec 2012
at 13:54
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
In the guard HQ

Most of the watch officers seem unconvinced, until they look at Sergent Dey.

"This is against regs, but why not? it's not like we really got anywhere with it just yet." the youngest Watch member in the group comments. He get's a couple steely eyed glares from the two oldest guard members in the room, one of which is Sergent Dey.

"the woman who was attacked, one Cylithrea Goldenhair, does share some resemblance with you. She was a wreck throughout the entire time we held her for protection and questioning. Despite numerous attempts to calm her the terror and guilt she felt was so strong we could not get any real useful information out of her. So not to long ago we assigned two watch members to escort her back home or wherever she felt safest. We do have what she said written down, but it's mostly just exclamations that are alarming but not to helpful. she cries about a knife, but was unable to give us a description. She screams about the man wanting to take her eyes. An interesting and terrifying quirk, but not all that helpful in identifying the suspect."

"The baiting tactic is an interesting idea. we have used similar methods before, but that was when we basically had an idea as to where we could set out the bait to get the targets attention or had some idea of who or what we were going after. This is the first reported incident of an attack like this. As of right now we have no idea if it was just a random attack of opportunity. If miss Goldenhair falls into some sort of category the attacker is fixated. If she or someone close to her has some enemy that is out to get her or send a message. Just to many unknowns for any sort of lure to be sure to attract the right man's attention."

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 21:02, Sat 15 Dec 2012.

Aden Bero
 player, 274 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 15 Dec 2012
at 20:03
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden heads out, presumably with Dustil or Will, first trying to locate one of the Radiant Heart patrols supposedly in the area.  He will update him on what they've found out so far.  If they don't have any information or advice to further the investigation, then he begins trying to learn how to contact the Thieves' Guild, following the suggestion to visit an apothecary or magic components shop.
Mr. Main
 GM, 388 posts
Sun 16 Dec 2012
at 02:09
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
it takes you only twenty minutes to find a patrol from the radiant dawn, since you saw the routes they would be moving down. they thank you. One of them touches an earring he is wearing and then says exactly what you just told him.

OOc: how are you trying to find a local thieves guild? just asking random people? you can make a diplomacy check to gather info. that will take 1d4 hours though. you could try a knowledge local check, but unless you have it trained that's really not going to get you anything.

Otherwise I'll need you to be more specific on how you are attempting to find them or make contact.

Tamalie
 player, 145 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 16 Dec 2012
at 03:15
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Cylithrea Goldenhair." She says out loud trying to commit it to memory. "I know there is a lot of variables, and I'm depending on some luck here, but I can only do what I can and no more. I still think I should talk to her, and see what I can do to help her out. But it shouldn't hurt to try and repeat Cylithrea's steps and see what happens. I did have some companions, team mates who were going to help me keep from walking too close to this attacker alone."

She looks to the more receptive members giving her some attention, and asks, "Where was the attack, and if the woman was escorted back to her home, where is that?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 389 posts
Sun 16 Dec 2012
at 05:05
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"The attack happened in an Alley five or six blocks northeast of the heart of Arcadia while she was walking home from work late at night."

OOC: I'm sure there are street names and the like, this being a city and all. but I did not actually make a block by block map so I don't have any to tell you. just assume some were mentioned in the above comment.

"She asked to be taken to the tavern where she works. I forget the name; monkey something or other. She claimed she would feel safer there since she lives alone."
Morien
 player, 192 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 16 Dec 2012
at 09:06
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien returns to the town guard building, pulling off his weapon as he arrived. "I've come back for my friend. I also have some information about the attack and the murdered paladin."

 Morien was fairly curt in his demeanor, but that was mostly because he had yet to vent his emotions. As he took off his helmet once more, his face was pale, almost like marble... but his eyes burned with a malicious glare that he could scarcely restrain.
Tamalie
 player, 146 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 17 Dec 2012
at 02:25
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Mr. Main:
"The attack happened in an Alley five or six blocks northeast of the heart of Arcadia while she was walking home from work late at night."

"She asked to be taken to the tavern where she works. I forget the name; monkey something or other. She claimed she would feel safer there since she lives alone."

"Monkey?" She questions the name. It's not something she frequents, but her companions have mentioned that name in passing before. It's the first thing she thinks of upon hear half of the name. "Not the Drunken Monkey is it? My friends might be familiar with that place. But I think I could find it with those directions too."

Giving them a chance to agree or disagree, she'll eventually thank them, including the sergeant that allowed her the chance to present her issue. "I cannot thank you enough for your efforts, and time in this. I know your time is important, and I'm just a citizen, and I have nothing but appreciation in how much you've been a help to me." Smiling, she gives the Sergeant's elbow a squeeze, and says, "Thank you again Sergeant Dey"

And at that point, unless there is more information given, she'll look to make her way back out, asking, "Was it this way back to where I dropped off my weapons?"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 233 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 17 Dec 2012
at 02:50
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil leaves with Aden. "So...I doubt seriously that the Radiant Dawn will have any contacts with the Thieves Guild other than "suspected members". Do we have a plan other than shmooze and booze for a while to see what we can hear?"

This message was last edited by the player at 03:36, Mon 17 Dec 2012.

Mr. Main
 GM, 391 posts
Mon 17 Dec 2012
at 03:50
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
At the main entrance to the guard HQ

The guard member at the desk Sergent Dey had previously manned met your stare with one of his own. Though he was obviously annoyed he did not let that slip into his voice or how he dealt with you since he gave you the same list of instructions Sergent Dey had given Tamalie earlier. "Please sign in here." he said as he pushed forward the log book and a quill with ink on it. "Write your full name and place of residence and a brief description of why you are here." While you do that he rummages through the desk and finds some form which he begins to fill out. When you are finished signing in he turns his attention back towards you.

"what is this friends name and could you be more specific about this information you have?"


OOC: to make things easier I'll just say that tamalie has been talking with the guard officers for a while

upstairs in the HQ

"Yeah that sounds right. Drunken monkey."

"While we don't want to encourage vigilantism, for any town guard or watch to be truly effective they need the cooperation and confidence of the citizenry. Any help you can provide in obtaining accurate information is a great help. If you will wait we will see if we can find a guard member to accompany you and record whatever information are able to glean from Ms. Goldenhair."

 After about ten minutes guardsman approaches you. By the looks of it he is a new member of the guard. A young human male in his late teens maybe early twenties. dark brown hair and eyes. He has that slight good natured smile that only a well meaning and hopeful young person can have.  He extended his hand to you. "Tim Nomel, it's good to meet you. If you'll follow me we can collect your things and be on our way."
Morien
 player, 193 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 17 Dec 2012
at 04:52
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien signs in his name and the name of the inn he'd been staying at. "Tamalie is the name of my friend. She's been here trying to find out information about the murder.

 Have you ever heard of a Zsasz Knife? It's a weapon made by a murderous blacksmith... well, one of a hundred or so. Our killer was using such a weapon."


 Morien closes his eyes, takes a deep breath, and opens them again. It was evident that he was trying to suppress his fury but was failing at it. His eyes still blazed with rage and his tone was strained, but he didn't look the man in the eye. "The woman that was attacked... I know her. This is a bit personal for me."

 That was about as close as the frigid man could come to an apology in his current state.
Tamalie
 player, 147 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 17 Dec 2012
at 06:13
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Smiling back, the druid greets him, saying, "It's a pleasure to meet you Tim. I'm sure everything will go just fine, but I won't say no to the extra help. You lead the way." She offers, allowing him to show her back to where she came in.
Mr. Main
 GM, 393 posts
Mon 17 Dec 2012
at 23:44
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
HQ entrance

"Tamalie...I see she signed in, but has not been marked as having left yet. If you would be so kind as to wait I'll send someone to look for her." The guard replies as he looks through the log book and a few other papers as you mention tamalie's name.

he then takes switches over to the form he took out earlier and starts writing on that. "He was using something called a Zsasz knife. How did you come about this information?"

As you are talking with the Guard making the report you see Tamalie being led down some stairs by a young guardsman. They are heading in your direction.
Tamalie
 player, 148 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 02:21
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Spotting Morien, she gets a large grin on her face, calling out as she waves her hands to get his attention, "Morien! You're back!" She jogs the last little bit to catch up to him. And once she arrives near her friend, she looks back to Tim.

Introducing the two men, she says, "Oh Tim, this is my friend Morien, and this is Tim." She says to Morien, "He's a Watchman, and he agreed to help make sure I'm safe."
Morien
 player, 194 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 05:27
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien nodded. He noticed Tamalie and raised a hand to indicate that he had noticed her. He waited for her to arrive before he spoke. When he did speak, it was to the guy writing down the information and Tamalie as well. "Aden, Dustil, and I met up at the Drunken Monkey. Cyli was there and we managed to learn that the man who did this was using a Zsasz knife.

 I also learned that the paladin in question knew he was going to die before the killing blow was struck... so whoever is doing this is strong enough to overtake a paladin in combat."

This message was last edited by the player at 05:28, Tue 18 Dec 2012.

Mr. Main
 GM, 394 posts
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 15:51
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Really? How do you know that?"
Morien
 player, 195 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 19 Dec 2012
at 06:18
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien stood up. "Only a man who sees his own death will send a defenseless woman fleeing witless into the night."
Aden Bero
 player, 275 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 20 Dec 2012
at 00:46
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden replies to Dustil, "Well, that grimy little dwarf at the last bar is the one who told me the victim was a waitress at the Monkey.  Apparently he brokers information, so perhaps he could point us in the right direction."

Aden was annoyed at backtracking, but unless Dustil had a better idea, the oracle led them back to the previous bar to find the informant.
Tamalie
 player, 149 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 20 Dec 2012
at 04:40
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Not only is she surprised that Morien, and Aden, and Dustil found out some information about what is going on, but they found out more than she did. Disappointed that she didn't do better, Tamalie offers, "I, well, me and Tim were going to head to Drunken Monkey next. Is that what you had in mind Morien? Though I was going to go to talk to Cylithrea and see what I could find out. Is everyone else back there still?"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 235 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 20 Dec 2012
at 06:29
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil frowned in thought and then shrugged. "I do not currently have a better plan than that. I have never before WANTED to contact that guild so I have never given it much thought. But if this dwarf can help us, then it is a chance we should take."
Mr. Main
 GM, 395 posts
Thu 20 Dec 2012
at 15:41
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
guard HQ
"Alright. Is there anything else you would like to put in this report?" the guardsman morien was talking to responds.

Meanwhile Tim looks Morien over as he waits for the warrior to finish filling out his report.

the stiff goat.

Having no other ideas Dustil and Aden head back to the stiff goat to look up the dwarf who had filled the oracle in about the attack earlier. He's sitting in that same booth drinking alone. He is only slightly more inebriated than he was earlier.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 236 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 20 Dec 2012
at 16:38
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil gestured to Aden to take the lead since he had dealt with the dwarf previously. "Do you want me with you or separate again?"
Aden Bero
 player, 276 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 20 Dec 2012
at 21:43
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Same as last time.  It's a long shot that it even matters, but if anyone is paying attention it's better if they don't know we're together."
Morien
 player, 196 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 20 Dec 2012
at 23:54
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien takes a deep breath. "No, Aden and Dustil have gone off to inform the paladins and see if any shops might have aquired it recently. It's my personal belief that the knife was smuggled into the city somehow, so it would behoove us to search in some of the more unsavory places. If we find the knife's seller, we will find the buyer... assuming, of course, that he bought it within the city."

 He then turned to Tim. "It would help a great deal if you had someone in custody that could help us contact the Thieve's Guild for this purpose. Considering the nature of this criminal, it is extremely likely that he will strike again... and soon."
Mr. Main
 GM, 397 posts
Fri 21 Dec 2012
at 15:49
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"there is no thieves guild in Arcadia. Or more accurately every time one pops up it get's busted up pretty quickly. Between the guard and the paladins there is not much room for large criminal organizations. There are always criminals, especially in larger cities. But, generally, if we know where to find certain criminals they are dealt with."
Aden Bero
 player, 277 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 21 Dec 2012
at 22:33
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden slides up the dwarf,a fresh mug in hand for the jewel peddler, saying "Care if we continue the conversation from earlier?". Assuming the dwarf agrees, Aden goes on to tell him about the zsasz knife, wondering if the dwarf knows where they could find more info about who might one.

16:49, Today: Aden Bero rolled 19 using 1d20+9. Diplomacy with dwarf.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:50, Fri 21 Dec 2012.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 237 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 21 Dec 2012
at 22:53
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil goes in before Aden by a couple of minutes and finds a spot at the bar again. He smiles and comments to the bartender about another ale since he liked the first one so much last time he was there. He gulps about half of it down and then casually surveys the room.
Mr. Main
 GM, 398 posts
Sat 22 Dec 2012
at 01:29
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
in the stiff goat

As dustil looks around he pretty much sees what he did last time. small groups of people talking and drinking together with the occasional person drinking alone. OOC: if you want to know more in particular make a perception check

the dwarf looks at you "refresh my memory." the dwarf replies. His breath is heavy with alcohol.
Tamalie
 player, 150 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 22 Dec 2012
at 04:17
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Biting her tongue, Tamalie is sure she could offer to Morien that she knows someone who could help them out, but she just heard the City Watchman point out that they will go after such criminals. Not wanting to reveal too much, she says, "Well, I think I have a friend that is a collector of knives, maybe he can help us out, get us a head start." She looks to Morien, and then back to Tim, and asks Tim, "Did you want to join us? Morien is plenty brave and strong enough to keep me safe, but if you wanted to join us Tim, we could always use the extra eyes to keep a watch out."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 238 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 22 Dec 2012
at 05:00
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil takes another sip at his ale, taking it slower after gulping down half of it.
Morien
 player, 197 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 22 Dec 2012
at 07:02
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien listens to Tamalie and nods at Tim as he finishes. "It is good that you keep such a tight rein on the criminals of Arcadia. I think that is a wonderful idea, Tamalie. Let's go see this knife collector, see if he knows anything."
Mr. Main
 GM, 399 posts
Sat 22 Dec 2012
at 16:16
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Tim and the guard who had been taking Morien's report look at each other for a moment. "Sarcasm noted." the guard who had been taking the report comments. you cannot tell if he was serious or joking.

tim looks at the two of you a little more critically. "I was assigned the task of assisting you in getting information from Ms. Goldenhair among other things. If you would prefer not to have my help that is fine. Not everyone is comfortable around Guardsmen. Just know that we do not appreciate vigilantism. If you find information or think you have leads on the suspect please bring them to us. Do not engage him or try to catch him on your own."
Aden Bero
 player, 278 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 23 Dec 2012
at 04:48
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Mr. Main:
in the stiff goat

As dustil looks around he pretty much sees what he did last time. small groups of people talking and drinking together with the occasional person drinking alone. OOC: if you want to know more in particular make a perception check

the dwarf looks at you "refresh my memory." the dwarf replies. His breath is heavy with alcohol.


Aden slides the mug over to the dwarf, and gives him a minute to drink.  "We were talking earlier about the woman that was attacked, and you told me she worked at the Drunken Monkey.  I know her, and the asshole that attacked her is seriously sick in his head.  She described his weapon, and it sounds like a Zsasz knife, one of a series that was created 30 years ago for the purpose of murder.  Thing is, I don't really know how to track down what happened to the Zsasz knives, or how to determine who would have one.  But they're unique enough that anyone flashing one around would be memorable to those paying attention.  Can you point me in the right direction?  Maybe you've seen a knife like this before," Aden describes it, "or maybe you know of a person or group that would know of such things.  A lot of people are in danger as long as this murderer is on the loose.  Apparently he has a sick fetish with taking people's eyes or something."
Morien
 player, 198 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 23 Dec 2012
at 08:41
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien nods. "Yeah, we'll be sure to do that. Let's go, Tamalie."

 As Morien turned away, there was a half-smile on his face. By ruffling some feathers, he had let off a little steam.


 After he and Tamalie had gotten some distance away, he spoke again to Tamalie. "I think it would be best to keep both the paladins and the town guard in the loop on this. Let the two of them compete to see which one catches the criminal first.

 I think it would be better for our reputations if we weren't the ones to find him."



 There was something in the tone of his last sentence that was uncharacteristic for Morien. It sounded almost like... pain.
Mr. Main
 GM, 400 posts
Mon 24 Dec 2012
at 00:45
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
In the stiff goat.

Dustil sees that a group of men towards the rear seem to be involved in a drinking contest. At a table on his left he over hears the conversation between a much older man and a young woman. Apparently the man is her grandfather and is trying to convince her to that she should stop seeing someone. Just a few seats down you can hear a couple dock workers gripping about their new shifts and grumbling about the new "rules" which to you seem to be tolerable if not sensible, except the one about no drinking on lunch break.

"You're killing my buzz young man. How is a man supposed to enjoy his drink with talk like that? You drink as many places as I do and you tend to hear the common gossip and such. Hear enough and you can put a few things together and spread some more. But I'm no broker. If that knife is rare though you could try one of the larger trading houses. Eastwind, Martin and Kern and Dominus trading are the three big boys in town."
Aden Bero
 player, 280 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 25 Dec 2012
at 18:53
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden replies, "Fair enough.  I'll let you drink in peace.  Your next one's on me also.  One last question though: You think any one of those outfitters is better than the other for what we're looking for?"  After the dwarf's reply, Aden pays the bar and makes his exit.  And again, he posts up outside the tavern for Dustil.

12:52, Today: Aden Bero rolled 16 using 1d20+9. diplomacy.
Mr. Main
 GM, 402 posts
Tue 25 Dec 2012
at 19:02
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Martin and Kern deal more with making and supplying then with finding. While East-wind is known for it's exotic merchandise and luxury items. Dominus trading has the most affiliates and locations in town." the dwarf replies.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 240 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 26 Dec 2012
at 06:30
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil waited a few minutes to make sure Aden wasn't followed out and to see if anything was seen or heard of interest before finally making like a break was over, hauling himself to his feet and downtroddenly shuffling out the door.

"Find out anything?", once he saw Aden again.
Tamalie
 player, 152 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 26 Dec 2012
at 12:52
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Morien:
"I think it would be best to keep both the paladins and the town guard in the loop on this. Let the two of them compete to see which one catches the criminal first.

 I think it would be better for our reputations if we weren't the ones to find him."


Not understanding why Morien said that, she asks, "Why, what do mean? It'd give the team a little more credibility, wouldn't it?"


She keeps on moving with Morien, looking to make their way back as quick as they can.
Aden Bero
 player, 281 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 26 Dec 2012
at 18:21
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Not really.  The dwarf said we should go to one of the major trading houses, as they deal in high value items like these knives all the time.  Sounds like East-Wind or Dominus are our best bets."

"Should we head back to the Monkey or go check with one of the trading houses?  I'm not sure they'll even still be open at this hour."

Morien
 player, 199 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 26 Dec 2012
at 23:38
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien sighs. "No. It wouldn't. It would only serve to alienate us from the two major forces of law here. The guard and paladins have made it very clear that they do not like having us doing this.

 If we were to catch him, then we loosen the grasp of law enforcement and encourage more criminal activity by making them look inept. Whereas if we give them the information and let them act upon it, we become the team that aided in the capture of a murderer and solidify our relationship with law enforcement."

Tamalie
 player, 153 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 27 Dec 2012
at 04:43
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Hmm, I see." Nods Tamalie as she keeps on moving. "That makes sense then."

Then she points out, "I didn't want to say in front of Tim, but the knife collector I spoke about, he's more of a street wise friend named Jace. I think he could help us out, he always seems to be involved in a lot of things that aren't quite legal. So we should head to the Drunken Moneky, and see what I can find from Cynthrea, and then go looking for Jace. What do you think?"
Morien
 player, 200 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 27 Dec 2012
at 05:08
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien keeps walking. "I figured as much. However, when we left, we advised Cyli to try and get some rest. She might be sleeping at the moment. Let us go see this Jace and see what he knows first. By that time, Aden and Dustil should be back and we can all meet at the Monkey."
Tamalie
 player, 154 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 27 Dec 2012
at 14:57
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Okay!" She smiles back, excited to be on the move, with some postive direction, and potential for getting to the bottom of this, Tamalie is thrilled to be a part of this.

Increasing her pace, she points out which way she thinks they should go to find Jace. "I think it's this way then."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 241 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 27 Dec 2012
at 16:20
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil looked thoughtful. "Since there are more trading houses than we can easily cover by ourselves, and it would be helpful to have a plan for approaching them, I think we should regroup."
Morien
 player, 201 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 28 Dec 2012
at 06:25
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien follows silently. There wasn't much left for him to add until they met with this "Jace" person and learned what they could from him.
Aden Bero
 player, 282 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 28 Dec 2012
at 16:08
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Aye, then. Back to the Monkey."  Aden hated the idea of sitting on his hands and waiting.  Hated it.  It went against his divine nature.  But, maybe Tamalie had actually had some luck with the city guard.  If anyone could, it would be her, with a charming smile and and an eye-twinkle.

As the pair walked, Aden said, "From what the dwarf said, Martin and Kern seems the least likely of the three to help.  However, we already have a repoir with two of their men from when we got our Team Arcadia gear, so they might still be the best place to start.  Especially at a late hour like this."
Mr. Main
 GM, 404 posts
Sat 29 Dec 2012
at 05:41
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Tamalie and Morien

Jace is hard to find, at least when he doesn't want a favor anyway, but Tamalie has known him for years and remembers that he spends most of his time down by the docks.

OOC: OK now you can make a sense motive check to have a hunch and find him or you can make a diplomacy check to gather info and find him. asking around will take you an hour.

Aden and Dustil

It's an uneventful walk back to the monkey.

OOC: If any of you has knowledge local trained and beat a dc 15 you could get info on possible merchants that have late hours.
Tamalie
 player, 155 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 29 Dec 2012
at 15:15
Re: Meeting with the Dawn

Thinking she knows where he might be, she doesn't waste much time with asking questions as much as going straight to her first guess for Jace's location.
Mr. Main
 GM, 405 posts
Sat 29 Dec 2012
at 21:30
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
tamalie and morien

There is this dive bar that Jace likes to frequent called Cockeyed Swagger. It's very popular with the sailors and dock workers. He likes to go there and eavesdrop on their conversations. Usually it's just grumbling, bragging and the like. But occasionally they'll mention what Jace considers useful bits of information. What came in and what is going out on which ship. How long certain ships look like they'll be at the docks. Gossip about their captains, stewards and owners and various other tidbits.

The two of you open the dark stained heavy wooden door that's obviously taken lots of abuse and walk down a small but tight flight of stairs into a smoky and slightly rowdy bar. Some people are playing various games mostly cards, but a couple are playing darts and some are throwing dice. there is even a small fight over by the corner that various people are betting on. the one thing everyone here has in common is that they are drinking. Well except for one person. Jace is sitting at the bar. His back leaning against it as he sips a mug of something. Probably a watered down ale he's been nursing for an hour or two.
Tamalie
 player, 156 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 29 Dec 2012
at 22:39
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Getting a large smile on her face, she touches Morien's cold armored bicep, saying, "There he is! Come on, I'll introduce you. "

Waving her arm to gain his attention, the druid rushes, trying to move quickly through the crowd, and get Jace's attention. "Jace! Jace, over here!" She calls out to him.

She moves in, and does her best to come over and give him a hug.

If succesful, she'll say, "Hello! You're here. This is so good, as I wanted to talk to you. Something important."<red> Then looking back at Morien, she adds, <red>"Oh, Morien. I wanted to introduce you to my friend Morien. Well, that's not the important part, or, rather Morien is important, but that's not what I wanted to talk about. Do you have a few minutes?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 406 posts
Sun 30 Dec 2012
at 02:36
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
tamalie and Morien

Jace looked surprised to see you, but he quickly replaced that expression with a smile. "Didn't expect to see you here Tam, especially on a date. Never figured you were into the big and menacing type. As you can see I'm very busy with all this drinkin' and relaxin', but for you I'll find a way to squeeze ya in. So what's up?"
Tamalie
 player, 157 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 30 Dec 2012
at 02:54
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Well, there's this sass knife, or something like that. I'm guessing it's something made by someone who's into collector knives, or something, but it was used to murder someone." She looks back to Morien to see if she got it right, they didn't have much time to discuss things on the way out here.

"Though my friend Morien might know more about the knife than me. You always did seem to have a way of knowing just whatever there was that needed to be known about something. And I'm not a weapons expert. You're the first person I thought of when we got a little stumped on this one."
Mr. Main
 GM, 407 posts
Sun 30 Dec 2012
at 05:15
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"I think you've lost me. You're looking for a knife collector who wants knives that have killed people?"
Tamalie
 player, 158 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 30 Dec 2012
at 05:32
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Giving it some thought, she nods her head, adding, "Er, yes, that's sort of right. We're looking for someone who has an interest in sass knives, and likely bought one or maybe more with the intent to kill someone with it." She looks to Morien to agree or add details to what she said.
Morien
 player, 202 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 30 Dec 2012
at 08:36
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien shook his head. "It's called a 'Zsasz' Knife... and they have killed someone with it. The knives themselves were designed for murder. What we really need is to find someone who could or would trade in such a thing. If we find the seller, we find the killer."
Mr. Main
 GM, 408 posts
Sun 30 Dec 2012
at 18:45
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Cockeyed Swagger


"If there's enough money to be made people will buy and sell anything. The trouble comes down to time. It takes time to find people who deal in such things, let alone one specific person that has sold a specific item. tell me more about these Zsasz knives."
Morien
 player, 203 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 31 Dec 2012
at 05:57
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien nods. "Yeah, but the alternative is to let Tamalie be bait. That was the idea that a group of paladins came up with, not mine."

 Morien goes over the description of the knife that he recieved from Cyli.
Mr. Main
 GM, 410 posts
Mon 31 Dec 2012
at 17:31
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"That knife does sound nasty, but I was talking about these knives in general. I don't know if tracking down a specific person who sold a specific knife is possible, even if it is super rare. Hell the sale might not have even happened in Arcadia. But Tam kinda hit the nail on the head by accident. A collector is what you want. If you get lucky there might even be a guy in town who specifically collects these freaky knives. Sometimes these guys get super obsessive and try to collect any and all information about their particular...extravagance and others with them. So if these knives are famous enough, rare enough and have that special flair or whatever that make certain people ridiculous then you might just get lucky."
Morien
 player, 204 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 31 Dec 2012
at 23:04
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien nods slowly. "That makes sense. Would you happen to know of any collectors? Even if they do not collect these specific knives, they may know someone who might."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 242 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 2 Jan 2013
at 00:32
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil noted that no one else of their group had made it back yet. He shrugged. "Martin and Kern sounds fine with me to start with. Better the devil you know, I think the saying goes." He looked around. "Shall we wait for others, or leave word at the bar?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 412 posts
Thu 3 Jan 2013
at 21:04
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Collectors...no not really. the best I could do is give you the name of a...well he's a lot of things, but sometimes he acts as a broker or sorts. I've done some fetch work for him before. Don't mention my name, better for everyone that way. He doesn't people he works with spreading his name around. His name is Kyle Luther. He has a small shop a few blocks from here."
Tamalie
 player, 160 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 4 Jan 2013
at 04:47
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Kyle Luther? Ok, that helps us out." Tamalie gives Jace another smile, and asks, "And which way was it to the shop? Any sign that will stand out for us to see to make sure we have the right spot?"

Assuming he gives any details he knows, Tamalie will thank Jace regardless, "Thank you JAce, I know I could depend on you. Be sure to come by the Festival, I'm on Team Arcadia this year. I finally made it!" She says excitedly to him.

After that, she'll says her good byes, and ask of Morien, "What about Aden and Dustil? Were we supposed to go back and meet them? Should we try and meet this Kyle Luther first, if it's only a couple blocks away?"
Morien
 player, 205 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 4 Jan 2013
at 07:07
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien nods silently. "You have my thanks for the information."

 After they leave, Morien looks off in the direction of the shop. "I would much rather chase down this lead while it is fresh. Dustil and Aden have likely begun a search of their own and we can be much more productive doing something other than staring at each other at the Monkey... besides, I'd rather not return without at least something."

 His last bit came after a short pause and was a bit quieter. His next bit was even moreso. "The worst monsters do not come in the form of ogres or dragons. They come in the form of nightmares that do not vanish when you awaken. Cylithrea sleeps for now... but her nightmare will not end as long as this monster remains free."
Tamalie
 player, 161 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 4 Jan 2013
at 07:43
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
With the shop being so close, Tamalie is quite agreeable to Morien's suggestion to head there now. "Alright, let's go for it. Hopefully this won't take long, and we'll have something solid."

She heads quickly towards the direction of the shop to talk to this Kyle Luthor.
Aden Bero
 player, 285 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 4 Jan 2013
at 21:57
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil Kraye:
Dustil noted that no one else of their group had made it back yet. He shrugged. "Martin and Kern sounds fine with me to start with. Better the devil you know, I think the saying goes." He looked around. "Shall we wait for others, or leave word at the bar?"


Aden agrees to head out again with Dustil, and they leave word with Bear that they are heading over to Martin and Kern's to see if they can speak with the same guys from last night/real early this morning, the ones that helped them shop for their rewards.  "Right, it's kinda shitty of us to call on them so late two nights in a row, but hopefully they'll see the valor of our cause."

Aden heads to Martin and Kern with Dustil.
Mr. Main
 GM, 414 posts
Sun 6 Jan 2013
at 03:25
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Tamlie and Morien

The two of them followed Jace's directions and after about ten minutes found the small store. Dim Light was spilling out of an open door and a small display window. Inside there was a glass counter with an attractive woman behind it. under the glass were various valuables including jewelry, old coins, gems, various items mae out of precious metals and some oddities. there were also larger things all around teh room, from art, books, musical instruments and cunning displays of artifice.   a good ten feet past the counter was a small stair way that lead up to a small landing with a few seats on either side of a heavy wooden door. the woman behind the counter gives you a polite and charming smile, but does not speak or otherwise inquire about why you are here or what you want. She just waits patiently behind the counter.

Dustil and Aden

the two of you arrive at martin and Kern to find the store closed. Not to surprising. you knock on the door several times and get no response. Of course that doesn't tell you if no one is there of if they are just being stubborn about not answering.

OOC: So what are you going to do?
Tamalie
 player, 162 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 6 Jan 2013
at 04:09
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Seeing the woman there, Tamalie gets comfortable quickly. She's no collector, or even used to fancy jewelry, she's never had much need for baubles.

"Good evening. I was hoping you could help us. We're looking for someone who's an expert with knife collecting. Specific knives, not just a kitchen knife or mundane. I think they were called Sassz," She looks to Morien, thinking she misstated it again, and hoping he can say the right name, or agree that she got it correct. "I think the knives are important, or rare. Is that something you can help us with?"
Morien
 player, 207 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 6 Jan 2013
at 08:37
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien took off his helmet as he entered. He sighed as Tamalie took the opportunity to speak first. She was very direct... which is not always a good thing.

 "We're looking for Kyle Luther. We heard that he might be able to help us find..."

 He paused a short while, glaring at Tamalie before finishing his sentence. "... something."
Tamalie
 player, 163 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 6 Jan 2013
at 08:44
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Seeing the glare, the druid kows she must have said something more than she should have. Finding that happening often, she looks away from his gaze, biting at her bottom lip a little.
Aden Bero
 player, 286 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 6 Jan 2013
at 18:18
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden looks to Dustil, "Should we try and find a store that's still open?"  He scans over the building, looking for signs of anyone within.

Is it one story?  Are there any lights on or anything?
Take 20 perception, 23 total

This message was last edited by the player at 18:21, Sun 06 Jan 2013.

Mr. Main
 GM, 415 posts
Mon 7 Jan 2013
at 21:35
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Tamalie and Morien

"I see. Unfortunately Mr. Luther is a busy man, but let's see if I can help you find what you need. I personally don't know much about knives, but if it is in our catalog then we either have it or know someone who does."

The woman behind the counter pulls out three large leather bound ledgers and places them on the counter.

"We'll let's start with what kind of item it is. Obviously a knife, but what sort of knife? Is it a dagger, kukri, throwing knife, stiletto, some sort ceremonial or ornamental knife? Is it a knife that belonged to a famous individual, was made by a famous smith or has some sort of history? Is it an enchanted knife? Anything that can help narrow down our search."

Aden and Dustil

Aden searches around the building for a good long while. It is a two story building. All of the first floor and half of the second seem to be devoted to the store. the rest seems to be offices and a couple small apartments. Around the back of Marin and Kern you find a large metal door that opens vertically, obviously for deliveries, and a rear entrance. On the other side you see a door that is obviously meant for those who use the offices and apartments. you do not see any lights on inside the store. there are lights on in a few of the windows of the offices and or apartments.
Tamalie
 player, 164 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Tue 8 Jan 2013
at 03:31
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Shrugging her shoulders, Tamalie wasn't all that sure about any of the details. "It was a knife." She repeats before looking to Morien who she thinks might know more about weapons, or at least must know more than her.
Aden Bero
 player, 287 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 8 Jan 2013
at 05:01
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden's youthful days of trouble-making come back in a rush, and without even thinking he's picking up pebbles and other small objects nearby, tossing them at lit windows in hopes that someone will answer.
Morien
 player, 208 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 8 Jan 2013
at 05:33
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien rubbed his chin. "Well... infamous smith would be a more suitable title. 'Zsasz' is the name of both the smith and the knife. I am not sure if it is magical or not... but it could possibly be cursed."
Mr. Main
 GM, 416 posts
Wed 9 Jan 2013
at 00:27
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
the woman looks through the binders for about ten minutes "well you are in luck. It seems like we have one. It is currently on sale for 1500 gold pieces. Would you like to buy it?"
Tamalie
 player, 165 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 9 Jan 2013
at 03:03
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Excited by the prospect of seeing what the knife looks like, she asks immediately, Can we see it?!" She steps closer, and looks to see what the catalog asking, "Does your catalog mention who sold the knife? Like if we were to buy it, would people be able to tell that I bought the knife?"
Morien
 player, 209 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 9 Jan 2013
at 05:48
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien looked at Tamalie for a moment and smiled. Morien wasn't looking at Tamalie so she couldn't see it, but his eyes gleamed in a most unpleasant way. "Yes, might we be able to see it?"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 243 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 9 Jan 2013
at 06:45
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil looked around with a wary eye. "Iiiiiiiiiii'm not so sure anyone's here. Or that we should bother them. It looks...closed. Very closed." He chuckled slightly nervously.
Aden Bero
 player, 288 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 9 Jan 2013
at 18:25
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
The oracle kept right on lightly throwing rocks at the various lit windows.  "I just want to get their attention.  I'll be polite."  As polite as one could be while being a late-night pest.  Dustil gets the sense Aden isn't quite in his right mind.  The Oracle was still ready to boil over because of what had been done to Cylithrea.  Women were meant to be protected.  Yeah, Aden had broken a few hearts, but he would never intentionally hurt a woman.  His mind was clouded with thoughts of breaking some sicko's neck.

He was an impulsive, action oriented guy to begin with.  So right now, he felt the need to be doing something, no matter how ridiculous it might seem.
Mr. Main
 GM, 417 posts
Wed 9 Jan 2013
at 22:23
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Morien and Tamalie

"Sure that could be arranged. Items of such value are not kept out front in the shop. I would need to get permission from Mr. Luther to remove it from storage and I would need a 75 gold deposit. To make sure you are serious about buying it. It is listed as a class B item in our ledger. Which means rare and often wanted or owned by sometimes dangerous individuals."

Aden and Dustil

After several minutes of tossing pebbles finally someone opens one of the windows. It is an older man in his mid fifties. "What the hell do you hooligans want?"
Tamalie
 player, 166 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 10 Jan 2013
at 04:20
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Looking at Morien, she looks back to the woman, asking, "Class B?" And then with a thought occurring to her, she asks, "Are you sure you couldn't get Kyle Luther?"

She steps closer, hoping for a gander at the catalog/ledger. "I know you want to make sure we're serious, but we were hoping to talk more about the knife and the history some. We were told Mr. Luther was the person to talk to when it comes to these knives."
Morien
 player, 210 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 10 Jan 2013
at 08:37
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien looked at Tamalie for a long moment before looking back at the lady. "The truth of the matter is that we have come to make sure the knife is still in your possession. A paladin was murdered the other night. The murderer was using one of these knives... we're here to make sure he wasn't using this knife."
Aden Bero
 player, 289 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 10 Jan 2013
at 22:35
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden replies to the man, calling out.  "My apologies sir, but we aren't hooligans.  I know the hour is late, but I am Aden Bero, this is my friend Dustil Kraye, and we are of Team Arcadia, which your store outfitted earlier this morning.  We come not for ourselves, but to seek your aid regarding a criminal.  He is using an item an exotic merchant like yourself might be able to help us locate.  A close friend of ours, a poor girl, was beaten nearly to death, barely escaping thanks to the final sacrifice of a fallen paladin of the Radiant Dawn.  You would be doing all of Arcadia a great service if you could give us but a few moments to ask some questions."

16:34, Today: Aden Bero rolled 15 using 1d20+9. diplomacy.
Mr. Main
 GM, 418 posts
Fri 11 Jan 2013
at 13:47
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
tamlie and morien OOC: make a diplomacy or some other check.

"Aden and Dustil

"If you want help with criminal go to the Guard. That's what they are there for. I don't see how bothering an old man whose trying to enjoy a quiet night could help you."
Tamalie
 player, 167 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 11 Jan 2013
at 13:59
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Please", pleads Tamalie.

ooc- bombed the roll. Rolled a 1 for a total of 9
Aden Bero
 player, 290 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 11 Jan 2013
at 16:13
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"We've already been to the guard. They've recruited us to help them. We've already learned about an item on the killer's possession, one you could help us track down.  Please, time is of the essence.  Odds are he'll kill again tonight if we can't find him.  You could be a hero, help save a life."


Lot of half-truths and things that are true but Aden wouldn't know.
10:13, Today: Aden Bero rolled 16 using 1d20+9. diplomacy.
10:12, Today: Aden Bero rolled 7 using 1d20+4. bluff.

Morien
 player, 211 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 11 Jan 2013
at 23:33
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Despite his menacing demeanor, Morien often had a knack for getting people to do what he wanted. "Our only goal here is to catch someone who is trying to harm innocent people. We have no agenda other than that."


OOC: Heh, natural 20 :P
17:30, Today: Morien rolled 23 using 1d20+3. diplomacy.
Mr. Main
 GM, 419 posts
Sat 12 Jan 2013
at 04:19
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Tamalie and Morien

The woman closes the ledgers. She looks at the two of your for a handful of seconds and then sighs "Please wait here. I'll ask Mr. Luther if we can make an exception." She then walks away from the counter, walks up the couple stairs and through the wooden door. She is gone for several minutes. She returns and is followed by a tall thing blonde man with very short hair wearing a pair of spectacles and a very fine looking dark grey suit of a style you have not seen before.

"Normally I'd fire someone for bothering me over nonsense like this. But, as a favor to Alice I'm giving you two minutes and nothing more. Be quick and make it worth my time or the three of you can leave together."

Aden and Dustil

"Recruited you? Damn this town's going ta hell if that's true. Alright come on up lad you're just gonna keep on pestering people anyway. But no more of those bullshit attempts to appeal to my vanity or I'm kicking you out; through the window." the old man then closes the window. half a minute later you see the side door open and the old man waves you in. He leads your up the stairs and into his small apartment. he sits down at a small table, takes out a pipe, knocks ash out of it into a small ceramic bowl on the oak table in front of him and stuffs some more tabaco into it. he looks at the two of you. "Well what are you waiting for an invitation? Sit down." he pulls a small amtch from his pocket strikes it and lights his pipe and begins to puff.
Morien
 player, 212 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 12 Jan 2013
at 04:48
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien nods. "We learned about this place from a friend of my friend here. We are trying to track down someone who has killed a paladin and almost killed one of the townsfolk.

 The one thing we have managed to learn is the type of knife used. Since there are so few of these knives made, it should be easy to track him down if we can track down the knives. Of course, there is a distinct possibility that our target could have stolen the knife in question."



 "So, if I could persuade you to go get the knife in question and you can show me that you still have possession of it, I will give you 75 gold for your trouble. If the knife is gone, then perhaps we could get some information out of you so that we may be able to return it to you?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 420 posts
Sat 12 Jan 2013
at 15:18
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
tamlie and morien

"75 gold isn't worth the time it would take to get a rare item from storage personally. If it was stolen I would know about it. Besides why should I care about some Paladin? you've used up thirty seconds. Alice you better start getting your things together. What's this friends name?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:18, Sat 12 Jan 2013.

Tamalie
 player, 168 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 12 Jan 2013
at 17:56
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Shocked by how callous the man is, Tamalie's mouth dropped open, and out of outrage, she looks at him, and says, "Are you serious? You don't care if someone died?"

Looking to Alice, she is hoping for some notice of compassion from the woman. "The knife was used to attempt to go after an innocent person. The reason you should care is because you must know innocent people too. A friend, your mother, your wife. Imagine them needing help, and you didn't do what you could to help them? There's a murderer out there, and we're trying to stop him. Is there anyone who would have used this zsass knife to kill someone recently in Arcadia?"
Aden Bero
 player, 291 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 12 Jan 2013
at 18:12
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden follows the man up, and sits as commanded.  He considers loading his own pipe, but rethinks it, on account of the situation and the old man's courtesy.

"Thanks for your time, we'll be brief.  Last night a man attacked a woman we know in an alley.  She's one of the sweetest, prettiest, best barmaids in the Alliance, and he beat her to hell, tormented her, threatening to cut out her eyes, and would've made good on his promise.  But a paladin of the Radiant Heart intervened, and lost his life.  He told the woman to flee, so we think he suspected his own death, but he bought her enough time to escape.  From her description of the killer's weapon, we know it is a Zsasz knife.  You've heard of them, no?"  If not, Aden explains the weapon and its history, continuing, "The body of the paladin looked like a bad science dissection by the time the killer was done.  He's obviously crazy, and we have every reason to expect he'll strike again.  We're hoping you can point us in the right direction to tracking down this knife."
Mr. Main
 GM, 421 posts
Sun 13 Jan 2013
at 00:57
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
tamalie and morien

"Could have been, but it wasn't. People kill each other all the time with all sorts of things. It's not my job to keep track. What I do care about is business; paladins, murders and victims aren't any of mine. You're learning a valuable lesson here Alice or at least a costly one anyway. Don't go out on a limb for people if there is no reward. Was all this useless talking and emotional pleas worth your job? they've got a little over a minute left, better hope they make it count."


aden and dustil

"That's quite some tale fella. I oversee Martin and Kern's shipping through Arcadia and I can tell ya that we don't have or sell Zsasz knives. Not much profit in them really. They're rare and a good collectors item, but the effort that goes into finding one and convincing it's owner to sell it is usually cost prohibitive. Plus a lot of people who do have them keep quiet about it. There's a bit of a stigma when it comes to owning one. Well for those who know about them anyway. Also tracking down a specific owner can be real tough. There are well over a hundred of them total and who knows how many counterfeits and copies. I think you might be better off trying to track down vicious crazies than you would Zsasz knives. do you know if this girl was specifically targeted or just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Morien
 player, 213 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 13 Jan 2013
at 03:24
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien laughed. It sounded almost genuine until he stopped. "Our friend asked us not to reveal his name... something I am quite comfortable doing for those who are willing to help out.

 Truth be told, it doesn't matter who sent us... because if you DON'T help out, it'll be YOUR name we bring back to the town guard for trying to protect a murderer. Either way, we will be learning whether or not you have the knife and, if you don't, who has it now.

 If all you care about is business, then surely you realise that having the town guard sifting through everything you possess for several days will severely hurt your profits. My offer still stands, the deposit price for the knife, 75 gold... and if you have it, you never see or hear from us again."


02:43, Today: Morien rolled 16 using 1d20+12. intimidate (hero point reroll).
02:42, Today: Morien rolled 18 using 1d20+12. intimidate.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:44, Sun 13 Jan 2013.

Aden Bero
 player, 292 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 13 Jan 2013
at 05:29
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"We're not sure.  We have a friend that is similar to the description of the female victim.  We're considering letting her act as bait, but...we're obviously hesitant."  Aden paused for a few seconds, finding his point.

"You mentioned a stigma associated with the knives.  A curse or something?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 422 posts
Mon 14 Jan 2013
at 22:39
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
tamlie and morien

"Go ahead, call the guard. If you somehow manage to convince them to disrupt my business with your nonsense I'll be impressed. And then I'll spend a large amount of time and money making sure that everyone associated with you is ruined financially. What ever debts there are I'll buy them up and increase interest rates. What ever buildings they live in or use I'll buy up and either increase the rent or just straight kick them out. I'll make sure anyone who deals with them understands that to continue to do so will greatly hurt their profits. You are not the only one who can threaten people. They've got 30 seconds left. It's a shame too. Up till now you were showing such promise Alice. Hope you can find another job that pays as well so you can support that poor large family of yours. Well you could try a brothel. A pretty young whore can make a lot. So long as she doesn't catch the eye of someone particularly mean anyway. I hear they often will cut the faces of girls they like up. Makes them cheaper you see." Alice has gathered up her things and though she has small pleasant smile on her face you can tell it's just a mask. Barely keeping back the her anxiety, fear, regret and many other emotions.

OOc: I'll give each of you one last word and then your time's up.

aden and dustil

"A curse? No nothing like that. These knives are just distasteful. Either you want them because you want the best weapon for murder you can find, which makes you a vicious bastard. Or you are intrigued by the history, which makes you a little off and creepy."
Tamalie
 player, 169 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Tue 15 Jan 2013
at 03:56
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Disgusted, Tamalie quickly says, "You're terrible! I cannot believe that you are so..so..mean! Ahhhh!"

Breathing heavily, she looks to Alice, and then back to Kyle, You're threatening a poor woman because you don't want to spend two minutes trying to help someone. Who does that? I cannot believe you'd be willing to think that Arcadian citizens would put up with that. I will work twice as hard to earn coin for this poor woman, she points at Alice, "just so she can quit right now. It must be horrible working for you. You're a bad man. We came to stop a murderer, and you think that's inconvenient enough to not want to waste two minutes of your time, but important enough to threaten ruining my life and those around me? You know what, keep your stupid knife, keep your stupid threats, and go eat your stupid hat!"

Walking over to Alice, she tries to put an arm around her, and hug her close, saying, "I'm so sorry for what this must be for you. How can you work for this man? Has he threatened you? Do you need help?"
Morien
 player, 215 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 15 Jan 2013
at 04:38
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 There were several things that ran through Morien's head at that moment. Chief among them was that this bastard was probably right. The Town Guard would do nothing to this man... he had too much money. The rage at what he had said built within him. He wanted nothing more than to pull out his sword and butcher this damnable merchant right now... but that would only make him a criminal in front of two witnesses.

 He said nothing. Anything he said at this point would only worsen the situation. Instead he walked out and waited for the girl and Tamalie to exit.
Mr. Main
 GM, 423 posts
Tue 15 Jan 2013
at 05:11
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
tamlie and morien

the man laughs. "You harass my employee into making me waste my time with your overly emotional naive pleas regarding some asinine theory that you can't provide any evidence for or even a compelling incentive for me to cooperate. Then on top of that your friend there tries to intimidate me in my own store. Leave and don't come back. I will never do business with either of you."

as you try to hug Alice the young woman pushes you away. "Please just leave me alone. I'll take care of my own problems and considering the way you've handled this I really don't want you trying to help me."

She then turns to face Mr Luther. "I'm sorry for the trouble. Good day." Alice then shows you to the door. As she starts to close it Mr Luther speaks up.

"I hope you've learned your lesson Alice. I'm docking your pay for the day. I allow my employees one mistake only. Next time you really are fired. Be ten minutes early tomorrow. Apparently you need more instruction on how to handle customers."

Alice closes and locks the door behind Tamlie.
Tamalie
 player, 170 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Tue 15 Jan 2013
at 05:34
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Furious, Tamalie considers attempting to talk with the woman, but clearly Alice is trapped in thes working relationship.


Locked outside, she sees Morien waiting nearby, and mentions with some anger in her voice, "What a horrible, horrible man. What kind of boss he must be to work for, I feel so bad for Alice. It must be unbearable for the woman."

Looking back at the building, she wonders out loud, "He must be in league with the murderer in order to take so much offense at being questioned...." When the words left her mouth, Tamalie wasn't really thinking, more venting. But with the idea verbalized, she considers, "That was rather odd how he reacted to being asked about a knife, wasn't it? Do you think he knows who the murderer might be?" She asks of Morien.

"What should we do now?"
Morien
 player, 216 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 15 Jan 2013
at 06:13
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien clenched his fists. He was looking at the ground. "You should go home and stay off the streets at night until the proper authorities find this guy. I'm going back to the Inn."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 244 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 15 Jan 2013
at 14:39
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil had stayed quiet letting Aden do his thing as the better talker. But he was listening intently. This was a bit more clarification then they had had before on the knives, though not much. And he didn't think the man was lying, so at least they could rule out this shop.

"Do you know of anyone in town who MIGHT sell those types of weapons and collector items?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 424 posts
Wed 16 Jan 2013
at 01:39
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden and Dustil

"Not really. You could try someone from Dominus trading. If you want something and it can be found in Arcadia they'll find a way to sell it to you. I hate to say it, but this is a needle in a haystack situation. Except you can't just set the haystack on fire to get to the needle. Zsasz lived in Arcadia while he was making these knives. If any city is going to have a bunch of 'em it'd be this one."
Tamalie
 player, 171 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 16 Jan 2013
at 03:54
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Shaking her head 'no' at Morien, she points out, "I'm not going home."

Walking with her friend, she's still fuming about Kyle, and vents about what a vile, disgusting man he is, and starts to speak about how he's likely to be connected to the murderer. It's all made up, but she's venting.


She looks to get back to Drunken Monkey Tavern.
Morien
 player, 217 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 16 Jan 2013
at 04:13
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien remained silent while Tamalie vents and escorts her back to the Monkey... but he does not enter. Instead, he half turns. "Tamalie. Do whatever you feel you need to do but make sure to travel with someone at night."


 Then, as if to counteract his own advice, he walks off toward the inn where he'd been staying.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 245 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 16 Jan 2013
at 04:25
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil's eyebrows shot up at the last 2 statements. "He DID?? Do you know where he made them?" It was likely a stupid idea or at least a long shot, but maybe someone had found a stash of the weapons where they were made.
Mr. Main
 GM, 425 posts
Wed 16 Jan 2013
at 15:32
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden and dustil

"Yeah, everyone knows. Well everyone who was alive and around then anyway. It was only a score or so years ago so there are a bunch. It's the desolate vacant lot not to far from the docks. Several families of the victims banded together after he was caught and executed. They bought the lot and razed it to the ground. It's been left empty ever since. The group still owns it. they try to raise money to buy Zsasz knives so they can destroy them and maintain that lot as it is as a kinda memorial. So far they've only be able to buy and destroy two."
Aden Bero
 player, 294 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 18 Jan 2013
at 15:03
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Any idea how we could get in touch with this group?"  Aden is about out of questions.  Perhaps a trip down to this lot would be worth it, be he figured they should meet up with the others.  If Dustil doesn't have any more questions, Aden gets more specific directions to the vacant lot, and thanks the man, excusing themselves.

He was ready to meet up with the others at the Monkey, if Dustil was.
Mr. Main
 GM, 426 posts
Fri 18 Jan 2013
at 21:44
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Not really. Never really bothered to get involved with them. They do regularly have fund raising drives. I'm sure you could catch one eventually if you looked or asked around."
Tamalie
 player, 172 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 19 Jan 2013
at 04:20
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Thinking that strange Morien would leave her, she shakes her head, but says nothing. Walking into the Drunken Monkey, she looks for her friends, and also looks to see of the Cylithrea Goldenhair. She ask around if she doesn't see her friends first.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 246 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 20 Jan 2013
at 01:12
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil tried to keep the disappointment off of his face and nodded his thanks to the man. "We apologize for bothering you late at night. Please have a good rest of the evening."

Once outside he looked to Aden and shrugged. "I suppose we should go back to the bar."
Aden Bero
 player, 295 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 20 Jan 2013
at 06:30
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Aye, thanks mate.  You've been a big help.  At the very least, we have a clearer idea how to focus our efforts."

He continues, a slight smile on his face. "If you ever need anything, we tend to congregate at the Drunken Monkey.  You can also find me at the Temple of Many Mysteries.  Peace be upon your home and business."

Once goodbyes were finished, Aden agreed with Dustil and returned to the Drunken Monkey.  He hoped to find Tamalie and Morien back at the bar waiting for them.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:30, Sun 20 Jan 2013.

Aden Bero
 player, 296 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 23 Jan 2013
at 20:51
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Finding Tamalie and William back at the Drunken Monkey, they all swap tales.  Aden is slightly annoyed by the frost prince's disappearance, but focuses on the task at hand. "Tamalie, I'm starting to think the only way we locate this sicko is by..." The oracle didn't want to say it, but continued, "well, by letting you act as bait."  Aden said no more, because it was Tamalie's decision.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 248 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 24 Jan 2013
at 20:21
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil wasn't happy with that being the case, but he kept silent and watched Tamalie to see how she responded. He didn't want her in danger, but she WAS an adventurer and could handle herself. And theoretically, the rest of her companions wouldn't be too far away.
Tamalie
 player, 173 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 26 Jan 2013
at 19:46
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Yea, I was thinking it could work."

She doesn't look disappointed, but she is throwing off some nervous vibes from the thought of being bait.

The druid does point out, "Morien told me about Cylithrea working here? I can hardly believe the chance of that, but I was hoping to talk to her too. See if she's ok, and what I might be able to do to help her feel a bit safer. But you know what else, me and Morien found this knife dealer was a complete fuddy duddy jerk. Didn't want us to see the Zsass knife that he had, and was really mad at us for asking about it. He threatened his employee with her job for bringing this up to him, and threatened me and Morien and our families if we ever gave him trouble about complaining to the City Watch about his business, and his behavior. Really nasty guy. We need to come back to him after we find the murderer. There's no way he's not doing other stuff that must be illegal and immoral. His name is Kyle Luther."

Letting them digest that for a second, she quickly shakes off her disgust at the knife collector, and asks, "What did you find out?"
Aden Bero
 player, 297 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 1 Feb 2013
at 00:40
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Immoral and illegal are two different things, Tam.  It is kinda weird he wasn't willing to show you the knife though, after Morien offered to pay just for the viewing.  However, sounds like this guy was pretty annoyed with you both, so perhaps his refusal was more personal than business or nefarious.

"We didn't learn much, but it helped to narrow our search.  We spoke with the shipping manager for Martin and Kern, and he explained that these knives being bought and sold is pretty rare.  And such occasions are generally low-key, since the knives are so nefarious in nature.  Basically, he says lookin for the knife is like looking for a needle in a haystack, and suggested we track down the killer instead."

"He did mention the lot where Zsasz made these knives is down by the docks, empty And kept that way as a memorial to His victims by their families.  They try to raise money to purchase and destroy the knives, but so far have only gotten two."

"maybe they know something that might help us.  If this killer is trying to be a Zsasz copycat, maybe it's someone who was somehow connected with the original Zsasz...."

Tamalie
 player, 174 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 4 Feb 2013
at 06:13
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Listening, Tami is a little surprised by just how much him and Dustil found out. It seems like much more than she could find out, and she went to the city watch too.

"That's seems like a lot. You two did some fast work getting all that. I came back here hoping to see what we could figure out between all of us, but it still seems like we're just finding out what is already known to others."

Thinking a bit, she furrows her brow, and taps a couple fingers together to her thumb trying to formulate a plan. She asks, "Any connection between the victims? Is Cylithrea related in anyway to them?"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 251 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 5 Feb 2013
at 20:34
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil beamed a smile at Tamalie when she praised Aden and himself. He liked to make her happy when he could. She was very nice to him. He didn't like the thought of her being bait still...but he knew her mind was made up.

"I still don't like this but I don't have a better suggestion other than pursuing the place where the knives were made or more digging to find out information rather than going the bait route."
Aden Bero
 player, 298 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 7 Feb 2013
at 06:35
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden shrugged his shoulders regarding Cylithrea's relation to Zsasz's victims.  "We can ask her in the morning, but she should probably just rest tonight.  Let's head to the Zsasz old smith site, see if there's anything that might help, maybe a notice that points us to this group of victim's families or something."


Everyone agree?  We go check out this vacant lot real quick, see if there's anything there.  If so, we reevaluate. If not, we can go ahead and try using Tam as bait (after we drag Morien out of his inn!), and do more digging tomorrow in the light of day.
Tamalie
 player, 175 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 8 Feb 2013
at 03:42
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Nodding her head, Tamalie would like to examine the options before settling for being bait.

"Yes, that sounds good. Maybe there is even something there that might let us know more about the history. A marker or tribute to the victims might give us some names. It might be a long shot, and not even there, but we should look."

She looks ready to head out with the two.
Mr. Main
 GM, 433 posts
Sun 10 Feb 2013
at 13:59
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
The group of you head out towards the vacant lot. It takes you about twenty minutes to reach. The streets are more of less deserted except for a patrol of Paladins making a sweep. It seems that with the paladin's out in force and the news about the attack most people are staying inside tonight. In the center of the lot is the ruins of what was once a smithy. It slightly overgrown with grass and various weeds, though a pathway leading to a stone bench in it's center surrounded by the ruins has been been kept clean. In front of the bench is a large stone with a brass plate. the brass plate has the names of all the victims on it.
Tamalie
 player, 176 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 10 Feb 2013
at 14:09
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Tamalie comments at the near barren streets, "Doesn't look like there's a good chance to find someone out on these streets tonight. Perhaps even the murderer will be staying indoors to minimize his chance of being discovered."

Getting to the vacant lot, Tamalie is very eager to see the names on the brass plaque. She wants to see if there is any connection to the names, a pattern, a family. She can only assume that the victims were all female, but she'd like to see this list.

She'll run down the path, if she can see the marker in her rush.
Mr. Main
 GM, 434 posts
Sun 10 Feb 2013
at 14:14
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Tamalie reaches the stone and reads the names. There are a lot of them. It seems the killer had not cared about gender; killing men women and even children. Tamalie could tell that bit since the age of each victim at death was included.

If you want to see if there was a pattern or something to the killings make knowledge checks that you think might apply, Intelligence, wisdom and sense motive checks.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:45, Sun 10 Feb 2013.

Tamalie
 player, 177 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 10 Feb 2013
at 14:38
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"There's a lot of names. I can't believe any person could do this." Her shoulders slump, and her face shows some sadness over the ages of some of the victims.

What does everyone else make out of this? I'm going to try and cast a detection spell, see if there's more to this."

ooc-Casting detect magic on the brass plate, and then the area.
Aden Bero
 player, 300 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 10 Feb 2013
at 19:16
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
If they encounter a paladin patrol in route to the site, Aden makes sure to update them on all the information they've gathered, sparse though it might be.

Arriving, Aden stands beside Tam and looks over the names somberly, searcing for any pattern or hint.

13:15, Today: Aden Bero rolled 16 using 1d20. wisdom.
13:15, Today: Aden Bero rolled 19 using 1d20+2. intelligence.
13:15, Today: Aden Bero rolled 22 using 1d20+6. knowledge history.
13:14, Today: Aden Bero rolled 10 using 1d20+4. sense motive.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:17, Sun 10 Feb 2013.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 252 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 13 Feb 2013
at 07:19
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil peeked over Tamalie's shoulder to read the plate. He didn't quite manage to stifle the sigh at seeing all the names. Such a brutal waste. He was glad the original killer was already dead so he couldn't harm others but....this new one needed to be nipped in the bad fast!

00:18, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 22 using 1d20+8. Sense Motive.
00:18, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 6 using 1d20+3. Wisdom.
00:17, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 19 using 1d20. Intelligence.

Mr. Main
 GM, 435 posts
Thu 14 Feb 2013
at 01:49
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
By putting your collective heads together and talking it out you come to the conclusion that the only real pattern to the victims was that they all seemed to live or work in or near the docks where Zsasz's workshop was found. He wasn't particularly picky about his victim. It seems like if the opportunity came and a potential victim was vulnerable he struck. In particular you can find no connection to Cyli. The vast majority of the victims seemed to be humans and none of them had names remotely similar to hers.

The only real tie between this killer and the mad smith seems to be the knife.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 254 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 14 Feb 2013
at 14:44
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil frowned and let out a sigh. "All I see is the docks. No other connection. Now what?"
Aden Bero
 player, 301 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 14 Feb 2013
at 16:08
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"We try and find this bastard.  Let's go drag Morien out of bed.  And maybe we can find Will also.  Aden starts heading off toward Morien's inn.

OOC: Will, are you with us?  You said you came to the Drunken Monkey, but nothing past that.
Tamalie
 player, 178 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 16 Feb 2013
at 15:57
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Twisting her lips into a frown, Tamalie isn't able to come up with much more than the others on this.

"Yea, I think that the killer struck out at innocent victims by chance. Location seemed to be the biggest factor, right? Maybe this copy cat has murdered others already in the area? Maybe if there are other victims, we'll have an area to explore as the murderer's home or work area. That's my best guess anyway."


"I think Morien went to bed because he was tired or exhausted. Unless we keep on going, we should consider going to bed ourselves too. We have more information than we started, but not enough to really get anywhere other than a guess, and hope we get lucky. What do we have next to go on, or to investigate?"
Aden Bero
 player, 302 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 17 Feb 2013
at 15:56
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Nothing, but I'm ready to try trapping this guy.  The Radiant Heart is out in full force, the guard is on alert.  This is perhaps the best chance we'll ever have to catch him."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 255 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 17 Feb 2013
at 22:40
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil scratched his head. "I dunno. Actually...with all the patrols out looking? This is the worst time to catch him. If I were out to do some evil deeds, I would wait until the 'heat' had died down so I'd be less likely t'be caught, y'know?" He paused and looked at them both. "Or does that sound stupid?"
Tamalie
 player, 179 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Tue 19 Feb 2013
at 02:12
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Tamalie adds her own thoughts. "That does make sense that a logical murderer would avoid as much authority as possible. And I do think having more people would result in a better chance of catching him. But I also think with as many soldiers and city watch there is on this, it's more likely them, rather than us that catches him. More of them, then us is my own real reason for saying that."

Looking at both men, she is not happy about leaving things unsolved, but she points out, "I'd be sooner inclined to get some rest, and then go see the radiant dawn and city watch again tomorrow, and compare details. They could continue to keep working while we're sleeping, and we can start fresh. I want to catch this murderer too, I just doubt the details we have are enough to do anything other than hope we get lucky, and stumble upon them. I'm voting for rest, and meeting up again. I think you guys would keep going if I did, but what would you vote, keep going, or try again tomorrow?"
Aden Bero
 player, 305 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 19 Feb 2013
at 19:19
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Fresh?  We lolled around all day, and that fight with Las and Pal got me loosened up.  We've still got plenty to throw at this asshole, and he didn't get his target last night."

"You assume he's logical minded, I say he's a psycho, and if we dangle an imposter target in front of him, he'll go for it.  We just need to put enough space between us and the patrols to make it tempting for him.  And we need to work on your disguise Tam.  You look close, but I want him to really believe it Cyli he's coming at."

Tamalie
 player, 180 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 20 Feb 2013
at 04:39
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Twisting her lips into a frown, she looks torn, "You're making this hard to give up."

She walks closer, and asks, "If I were a killer going after a specific target, and that's the role I'm trying to impersonate, then we need to go back to the Druken Monkey, don't we? Take the same path she would have taken. It'd be silly to think that Cyli would ever walk home alone, we could likely pull off a man as an escort. Try and down play the skills of the man, say like a drunken man, that might seem plausible. Or at least close enough to a weak couple who are an easy target. How would we have help close enough nearby, but far enough to lure a killer?"
Aden Bero
 player, 306 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 20 Feb 2013
at 18:26
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden starts gently pushing the pair along with him as they begin discussing, moving in the direction of the Monkey.

"Well, for starters lets keep our voices low as we discuss.  You're definitely on the right track, Tam.  I've a little experience as an untrained actor (+4 perform act, +4 bluff, +9 diplomacy), so perhaps I could pull of the role of drunken escort.  Dustil, of course, has been seen stumbling around all over the city, so he could be a good choice also.  Plus, since his strength is melee, he might make the better choice for when this guy closes in."

"As for the distance of patrols, we can get word to the Radiant Heart to give us a bit of space.  I'm not sure about the regular guard, it doesn't sound like you won enough brownie points with them that they'd take our requests seriously.  But I'm banking on this guy trying anyways.  But, we held our own against the paladins earlier, and if Will is still at the monkey, that means there will be four of us total against this one psycho.  I'll take those odds."

Dustil Kraye
 player, 257 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 21 Feb 2013
at 16:09
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil listened quietly. He didn't react to Aden's words outwardly. He did drunkenly stumble a lot, that was kind of what a drunken master did, so he definitely didn't take offense. He liked drinking.

He just didn't like the plan or putting Tamalie in harm's way. And he wasn't so sure about anyone doing anything illegal while the patrols were out in such force. But since Tamalie was caving in to Aden's persistence, he kept his mouth shut.
Tamalie
 player, 181 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 22 Feb 2013
at 04:19
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Lowering her voice, she suggests, "Okay, let's head back to the Drunken Monkey, and let's see if we can find one of the patrols around the area. We can let them know what we have in mind, and see if Will is still there."

She looks ready to head off and keep the conversation going if need be while moving.
Aden Bero
 player, 307 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 22 Feb 2013
at 15:52
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden keeps an eye out for a Radiant Heart patrol on the way back to the Monkey.
Mr. Main
 GM, 439 posts
Wed 27 Feb 2013
at 03:49
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: Ok if you guys go looking for a patrol you can find one. if you are just heading straight back to the monkey I'd have to roll to see if you bump into one. So which is it?
Tamalie
 player, 182 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 27 Feb 2013
at 03:56
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
ooc-let's go looking for the patrol. It'd be good to have them on the look out for us.
Aden Bero
 player, 308 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 28 Feb 2013
at 00:39
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
ooc: Yeah, seek them out, let them know we're going to try baiting this guy, and give a little space if they can.
Mr. Main
 GM, 441 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2013
at 12:56
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Within 10 minutes you manage to find a patrol of the Radiant Dawn's (just a little ribbing on Aden) patrols. After a minute or explanation of who you are and what you are doing out they are prepared to listen to your request. "How can we be of assistance?" one of them asks.
Aden Bero
 player, 312 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 28 Feb 2013
at 23:12
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Well, we've done our damndest over the past few hours to track the knife down, or see if such is even possible.  But we've got it on good authority that such a tactic is futile, so we've decided to take your commander's suggestion and try and use an imposter victim as bait.  However, the streets are crawling with patrols, both your order and the city watch, and we're worried the killer won't make a move with you guys breathing down our necks.  Soooo, maybe you could give us a little room to try and lure him in."

"Oh, and ask your commander what he knows about Kyle Luther.  The man admitted he has a Zsasz knife amongst his inventory, but refused to let our party even look at it, even if we paid his 75gp fee to display it.  It could've just been personal, but you think a business man would be willing to play along with those willing to pay.  And it sounds like he was pretty hostile about the situation."
Tamalie
 player, 183 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 1 Mar 2013
at 00:52
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Tamalie raised her hand when Aden spoke of bait for the killer, trying to alert the patrol that she would be the bait. And when Aden spoke of the dastardly Kyle Luther, she very emphatically nodded her head in agreement.

She even pointed out, "Yea, he's a little off, he threatened his employee with being fired for her efforts in us trying to see the dagger. Everything seemed to be about him being in control, and that if were to report him to the authorities, he said he would make our families pay the consequences. He's just a bully."
Mr. Main
 GM, 442 posts
Sat 2 Mar 2013
at 04:43
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
He walks a few steps away and touches an earing on his right ear. After a few moments he comes back. "We could adjust our patrol pattern to give you several blocks for space for a while. Tell us where you would want to try and bait him?"
Tamalie
 player, 184 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 3 Mar 2013
at 04:01
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Looking back at the others for confidence, Tamalie starts to speak a little unsure if the details are absolutely correct, but her friends can correct her if she got it wrong.

"Around the Drunken Monkey. We were going to walk around there, since we think the original woman attacked was working there. So a few blocks around it will probably be our route. I'm thinking we should probably be circling around the until someone reacts, or we get tired. But I think we could find a patrol and let them know when we stop trying to bait the attacker."

Taking a deep breath, she gives a half smile, trying to show that she feels it'll be okay.
Aden Bero
 player, 313 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 3 Mar 2013
at 05:29
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"It might be better to travel from the Drunken Monkey to the area in which Cylithrea lives.  If this guy has been watching her, that's the path he'll be expecting her to follow."
Aden Bero
 player, 314 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 3 Mar 2013
at 16:58
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Any chance we can borrow one of those earpieces, to stay in communication with you guys?"

10:57, Today: Aden Bero rolled 29 using 1d20+9. diplomacy.
Mr. Main
 GM, 444 posts
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 04:42
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"No. I'm not authorized to hand out our equipment. Besides it would not work for you. I'm not allowed to explain why and truth be told I don't understand much of how it works.

There are three options. First is that we can create a corridor that will be a hole in our patrol pattern along the route you indicate. We can make it a block or two wide and however long. This way you are never that far from a possible patrol. The problem with it is that if the villain is hiding and not moving because of our activity then he might not want to risk acting with patrols still in the area.

 The second option is that we move every active patrol out of this section and make it looks like our search here is over. But that might draw out others besides the target and we will be to far away to be of any real assistance should something happen.

The last options is a compromise between the two. We pull out all but one patrol group from the area. It makes it look like our attention is elsewhere, but leaves an active patrol available to assist. Unless of course you have any ideas?"

Dustil Kraye
 player, 260 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 04:50
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil listened to the options carefully and weighed each in his mind. He spoke slowly and then looked to Tamalie. "I would pick the third option myself but it's up to Tamalie."
Tamalie
 player, 185 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 05:50
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
The slump in her shoulders how how happy she is that it's up to her. "I'd hate to give up the chance that we let this murderer go because we played it too safe. I'd go with the third option so that there's someone nearby. The murderer obviously felt going after a single warrior was within his abilities, so maybe a single patrol might not scare them away."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 261 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 05:56
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil put an arm around Tamalie's slumped shoulders. "Don't worry, I'll be by your side an' I won't let anythin' to happen to you." He gave her what he hoped was an encouraging smile.
Aden Bero
 player, 315 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 15:55
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden nodded with the third option.  "Then we'll be heading to the Drunken Monkey, and leaving from there shortly."
Tamalie
 player, 186 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 03:51
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Thankful for Dustil, she pats him on the arm. "Alright, let's get this over with."

She'll head back to Drunken Monkey, and once there, she'll go back and check on the waitresses there, looking to see if there's anything that might make them stand out, such as a blouse, or the way they wear their hair. She'll try and recall if there was anything that stood out that might make a convincing disguise.
Mr. Main
 GM, 445 posts
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 04:40
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
The group heads back to the monkey...unless anyone wants to do something else...

Bear lets you in and Tamlie heads over to where the waitresses are; passed out huddled together on a large bed in what looks like bear's room. After letting you back in he heads over to the bar and stares into an empty glass. His Axe is still sticking out of the bar about a foot to his right. well with in his grasp, though it's hard to imagine that he'd be able to free it in time to be of any real use.

As Tamalie looks over Cyli she notices that they are pretty similar. Both are petite blonde half elves and are about the same age. there are some differences though. Cyli has her long hair split into two heavily braided tails. Right now it's a torn, disheveled knotted mess, but you remember it being very well done and how well it complimented and highlighted her cute, playful and bright personality.

 Another difference which Tamalie must have noticed earlier, but after seeing the other girl so often pushed to the back of her mind. Is that Cyli wears more flattering and revealing clothing. Bare shoulders with a low cut blouse that hugs her figure and a dress that stops just above her knees. Though she was wearing a cloak on her way home so differences in clothing shouldn't be an issue.

though Cyli's eyes are closed now Tamalie remembers them being blue.
Tamalie
 player, 187 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 05:08
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"I can braid my hair like that, but the outfit is a little different." Looking to Bear, she asks, "For the sake of catching this criminal, is there an extra skirt, or blouse? I can probably gather some string or cloth to tie the braids. What about a cloak? Can I borrow one that might match in color?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 446 posts
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 21:57
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
He absently waves at you with one hand. "A couple of the girls live here. If you can find something in their stuff feel free to borrow it."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 262 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 6 Mar 2013
at 05:30
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil wanted nothing more than a drink. But he was REALLY hesitant to ask since he was a bit worried that Bear might explode again. So he sat still and suffered in silence, looking a bit miserable as he stared at the bar forlornly and waited.
Tamalie
 player, 188 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 6 Mar 2013
at 14:01
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Thank you." She quickly offers. She carefully walks over to the area suggested, and she is hesitant to go through the clothes, since Bear offered other people's things. She'll pick up one blouse or skirt, whatever is on top, and then decide that it just feels wrong to take something of someone else's without their permission. But without something, she's not going to be able to pull off looking like Cyli. She finds a cloak, and hopes that the girl won't it being borrowed.


Looking back at her companions, she has a look of uncomfortableness, biting at her lip.  Putting the cloak around her shoulders, she heads back over to her companions, and starts to finish up the braiding of her hair, cutting off a little material from her own clothing to create a tie for her two braids.

Checking on her sling, and dagger, she's set. "Ready? Dustil, you're the one I think could pull off a disarmed drunk best."

She'll head off outside, leaving the cloak down around her shoulders to bare her head and face. She thinks that could be convincing enough to fool anyone looking to try a second time.
Aden Bero
 player, 316 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 6 Mar 2013
at 19:43
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden assists Tamalie with her disguise.  He lets her look through the clothing, but encourages her when she hesitates, replying, "It's for a good cause, Tam, and I'll pay for anything we can't return.  We really need you to look the part, though.  What if this guy can see through the cloak somehow?  He'll know it's not Cyl if you're looking all prim and proper beneath."  Aden continues to encourage her until she's found suitable attire.

Rolled a 7 on my disguise check, but then read in the skill description the check is made secretly by the DM so that players don't know how good the disguise is or isn't.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:44, Wed 06 Mar 2013.

Tamalie
 player, 189 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 7 Mar 2013
at 04:28
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden's support convinces her to grab a a few pieces of clothing after all. A blouse, and a skirt. That will help pull off a tavern servant damsel much better than her leather armor.

Grabbing them, she needs to step out of the room, and finds a quiet area, where the others can't see her. There she undresses out of her leather armor, and gets dressed in the skirt and blouse. And once dressed, she has to admit that she's not normally the type to wear such an outfit. It's not that she's never worn a dress, it's just they are not the most practical of outfit.

Coming back out into the room, she quickly grabs the cloak, and puts it over her flimsy outfit. With Aden trying to help her out, she takes the assistance, and asks at the end, "What do you think? Convincing?"
Aden Bero
 player, 318 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 7 Mar 2013
at 07:27
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"I think between you and our DD, Dustil-- Aden stopped. Having a particularly oracular moment, he gave Dustil a look of profound significance.

"Between you and Triple D, I think this asshole's gonna get more than he bargained for." Aden gave a confident, humorous smile, but he was obviously tense.  You could tell he was nervous for Tamalie, but trying to put on a brave front.

He had a thought, and reached into his backpack, looking for something.  The task seemed twice as long as it would for most, as though the juggler was rather unorganized, and he even muttered something about meddling bastards under his breath.  But quick enough, he'd fished out two scrolls, and laid out his plan.  "I'll have these ready if he attacks.  Hopefully, if I can catch him unaware as he makes his move, I can disarm him.  But, as soon as I can get to you, I'll give you a shield of divine energy.  Can you summon us some battle support?  If so, I'll time a sanctuary spell to give you the seconds you need to cast the spell."  Aden was carefully weighing all his abilities and tactics.  His friends needed him to be sharp.
Tamalie
 player, 190 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 7 Mar 2013
at 13:32
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
With the way Aden said that, she pulls the cloak tighter over her, and gives him the look.

Nodding her head, she says, "Yes" to the summoning spell. "And right now, I have a few spells of concealment using fog. So if we have to confuse them, that might work. Or maybe if things don't go well, we can use it for escape. But hopefully we'll overwhelm the murderer rather than the reverse."

She makes sure her dagger is secure, and
Mr. Main
 GM, 448 posts
Sat 9 Mar 2013
at 02:35
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOc: Ok just making sure I get your plan right. Tamalie and Dustil walking together aimlessly through the area, with Aden skulking somewhere in the background?
Tamalie
 player, 191 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 9 Mar 2013
at 03:01
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
You make it sound more simple and foolish than the elaborate plan we were describing, but yes. ;)
Dustil Kraye
 player, 265 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 10 Mar 2013
at 05:30
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil took a drink from his flask and even dribbled a bit on him to get the smell there. Almost as if he had been drunk before and knew what to do. Funny that! He made sure that he wouldn't trip up Tamalie but definitely had the drunken 'swagger' when he walked as if he was barely able to stay up but was excited about taking a pretty girl home.
Aden Bero
 player, 320 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 10 Mar 2013
at 18:35
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"How far back do you both want me?"

OOC:  If Aden double moves, he can cover 80 ft.  If he has the room to run, he can cover 160' per round.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:36, Sun 10 Mar 2013.

Tamalie
 player, 192 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 13 Mar 2013
at 23:29
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Are you really sneaky? Can you hang back about 100 feet or so and not be heard? Or maybe you should lead the way, and that way anyone who sees you past may decide that we are the easier target, and wait till you pass thinking after us will be no one."

She really doesn't see any difference in Aden being in front or behind, but threw it out there as an idea.
Aden Bero
 player, 321 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 15 Mar 2013
at 01:16
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Eh, I've been called a sneaky rascal once or twice in my day.  Though I usually blew it by proudly shouting my deeds from the nearest tabletop, or bar top once I got a little older.  But, truthfully, I should probably stay back 150 feet or so, just to give you guys plenty of space.  And keep in mind that if I'm sneaking along, you guys will have to go a bit slower so as to not outpace me."


+7 stealth, +5 if in my armor and buckler.  Not great at the end of the day.
Aden Bero
 player, 323 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 15 Mar 2013
at 14:20
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
At the last second, just before they exit, Aden pulls out a glue bomb he took off the rich kid, offering it to either Tamalie or Dustil.


ooc: don't have stats for glue bomb handy, pretty sure it's a touch attack, or attack vs reflex to stick the target(s) in place.  If Aden's hanging back, maybe it can buy you two sometime.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:56, Fri 15 Mar 2013.

Tamalie
 player, 194 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 18 Mar 2013
at 02:36
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Giving a raised eyebrow, she has never used one of them before, but figures maybe if it sticks someone to a spot, it might be good to capture someone, or even set a trap with it. She takes it, and places it within a pouch.
Mr. Main
 GM, 455 posts
Thu 21 Mar 2013
at 11:18
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
After a little more discussion the three of you head out into the night; Dustil stumbling next to the "disguised" Tamalie and aden skulking somewhere behind you. The light of the street lamps barely holds back the gloom of the night. If you didn't know any better you would say that the city was deserted. The Paladin's of the Radiant Dawn being out in force certainly had an effect. All but one patrol had left though, or so you had been told. Maybe it would just take a little longer before the criminals and ne'er-do-wells felt comfortable enough to make an appearance.

OOc: ok I'm going to need perception checks from you all. I will also need a bluff or perform check from dustil to sell himself as being drunk and a stealth check from aden if he wants to be hidden.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 270 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 21 Mar 2013
at 19:51
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil walked along as he tended to do, stumbling a bit but mostly lots of swaying back and forth. He would nudge into Tamalie a bit on every back swing. He slurred his speech when he spoke as well. "Lesh get you home, pretty gurl."

He took a long swig from his personal flask.

12:49, Today: Secret Roll: Dustil Kraye rolled 21 using 1d20+9. Perception.
12:49, Today: Secret Roll: Dustil Kraye rolled 9 using 1d20-1. Bluff.

Do I get any bonuses for actually being drunk? lol!

Aden Bero
 player, 324 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 21 Mar 2013
at 20:00
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden crept along in the shadows, a good 100 to 150 feet back depending on the streets and course taken by Tam and Dustil.  He had his buckler strapped on his pack, but his armor definitely hampered his stealthiness a little bit, as well as his attempts to keep up with the group.  He made sure, however, to keep a sharp watch for trouble.


14:59, Today: Aden Bero rolled 8 using 1d20+6. Stealth.
14:59, Today: Aden Bero rolled 23 using 1d20+3. Perception.

Tamalie
 player, 195 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 22 Mar 2013
at 04:18
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Keeping her eyes open, Tamalie isn't struggling with the fear aspect of walking around. Without her armor, and walking in dark streets looking for a murderer that is terribly deranged, this isn't the most comforting solution.
Mr. Main
 GM, 457 posts
Sun 24 Mar 2013
at 19:49
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
The streets are clear and very quiet. Right now the city almost feels alien. you are used to the hustle and bustle of a large and prosperous city. While Tamalie is usually in bed by now, Aden and Dustil notice that even though most of their fellow revelers would be stumbling home by now there is little to no sign that there are even any in the city. It's like the whole town seems to have gone sober for a night. or at least they've turned into quiet drunks rolled up in some safe corner somewhere.

But your quiet walk has given you a better appreciation for the city Itself. You can see a lot of thought went into the construction of Arcadia, especially the canals. Tamalie even noticed a brief shimmering gleam of silver in the canal as she and Dustil walked over one of the many small bridges that span the under streets that form the canals network.

After about an hour of your silent patrol you are starting to loose hope that the assailant would be stupid or rash enough to attack while the paladin's are actively looking for him. Suddenly a sharp crash rends the still peace of the night so far. Dustil instantly recognizes the sound. It's that of a glass liquor bottle shattering as it is thrown. Up ahead meandering through the streets you see a small knot of drunks heading in your general direction.

"Bah who the hell do these paladins think they are! we should show 'em..."

"Show 'em what?"

"Dunno, jus' somethin. running around actin' all tough. throwin' their weight around. Ruining everyone's night. they ain't so tough."

"But you said-"

"I'm sayin' differient now!" Spelt wrong on purpose. adds color.


"One of 'em was killed pretty good. Torn apart like a...a...one of those things. you know kids play with and break 'em all the time."

"See? Not so tough. bleed like the rest of us..."
Tamalie
 player, 196 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 24 Mar 2013
at 21:20
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Trying to remember where that bridge that they crossed at, Tamalie lets Dustil quietly know she saw something shiny in the water that they should look at it again when they are done here.

And then coming closer to some drunk men looking for trouble, Tamalie gives a tug on Dustil's arm to slow him down. "This looks like trouble. They sounds likely to look to cause trouble for someone. We walk past there, and they'll target us, I feel it. It's the right thing to do though." She looks to Dustil, see what he has to say about it.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 271 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 26 Mar 2013
at 19:32
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil glanced at the pretty girl with him and gave a nod. He hadn't seen anything shiny, but he took her word for it. He tried to make a mental note for where she told him that.

Then the drunks stumbled into view. He didn't need the nudging. He'd dealt with many drunks over the years and BEEN the drunk himself. He couldn't fight them. Well, he could, but that would blow his cover and chance to potentially capture the murdered. He also didn't want to pretend to not be able to fight and take a beating if he could help it either (although that would definitely make him look like not a protector of the woman he was with).

He quietly replied under his breath. "If I speak up, I may cause a fight or at least scare off our quarry. Fighting definitely would scare him off, unless I purposefully lose. We can try to avoid them if you like, though they may notice and give drunken chase since we would seem afraid of them. If we try to just walk by them they may not let us pass. You could speak up, though depending on what you say, you may or may not incite or calm them."
Tamalie
 player, 197 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 28 Mar 2013
at 05:00
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Speaking quietly to Dustil, she offers,"Don't take a beating to pull this off. Well try our luck, and see what their motives are towards us. I can do the talking if you play the drunk."

At that, Tami keeps on walking, pulling a little closer to Dustil. She'll watch them close enough to show that she's concerned.
Mr. Main
 GM, 461 posts
Fri 5 Apr 2013
at 01:07
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Tamlie and Dustil continue on their course and head right past the small knot of drunken malcontents. they seem caught up in their own foolishness, so much so that it almost looks like they are going to ignore you into one of them shoves another. it wasn't that hard of a shove, but since they are all drunk it sends the man teetering and careening across the street as he struggles to stay standing. This causes him to bump right into Tamalie. Attack 4 vs Tamalie's CMD is a miss but since tamalie was keeping an eye on the group as you passed she saw him coming...

OOC: Ok Tam decision time for you. Do you want to just dodge/deflect him, try and catch/steady him to keep him from falling or purposefully move into his way and have the both of you crash into each other and sprawl into a tangled mess on the floor? the first one requires no rolls. The second and third require cmb checks vs cmd.
Tamalie
 player, 199 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 5 Apr 2013
at 02:29
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Whoa!" She says as the man topples past her. Seeing the man coming, Tamalie lets him tumble past her, dodging out of the way. "Are you okay? She'll ask about his condition once he comes to a stop.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 273 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 5 Apr 2013
at 02:33
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil took another couple of steps and then seemed to realize that his 'date' had stopped. He spun around and swayed drunkenly for a moment, before taking a step back towards Tamalie. He started to lean over to better look at the man on the ground but then seemed to think better of it as his balance wobbled a bit.
Mr. Main
 GM, 463 posts
Mon 8 Apr 2013
at 00:41
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Hey, you tripped me you..." the man starts to comment as he struggles to get to his feet. that's when he looks at you for the first time.

"...Oh. what's a little girl like you doing out at this time of night."

one of the other drunks whistles "Ain't so little where it counts."

"heading home or are you looking for a good time."

"Sweet thing like this? bet she's going straight home to lay down and sleep."

"bet someone's gonna get laid alright."

"I hope it ain't that worthless drunk standing there."

"Yeah, forget about that loser and come with us."

"we'll show ya how to really enjoy a man's company."</green.

"we can always get up. well most of us anyway."

<green>"Hey it was one time...I mean I'm getting up right now"
The one that fell finally manages to stand full upright now. The other two have moved closer, each of them are about an arms length or so from Tamalie. All of them are looking at her and are becoming more and more friendly.

"Nice cloak." one of them comments as he grabs the end of it. he pulls it slightly and lifts it up revealing tamalie's outfit underneath.

All of them make appreciative noises expressing they like the outfit and how it looks on Tamlie.

"You should throw that cloak away. It's a crime to hide a figure like that."

"No kiddin'."
Tamalie
 player, 200 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 8 Apr 2013
at 01:14
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Shaking her head side to side, she puts out a flat palm up, saying, "We're leaving, you folk should head to your own house too. It's late, and there was some ruffian out and about already. A murderer. We just want to get home ourselves. We have friends expecting us, with it being so late."

She pulls her cloak back, wrapping it tighter around her, and thinking these leeches had better cool off. They don't seem too quick for violence, but they are still annoying.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 276 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 8 Apr 2013
at 05:17
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil waited quietly for a few moments, swaying a bit as he seemed to process the comments from the other men. Then he screwed his face up angrily. "What? Hey! Back off! Go get yer OWN girl, if you CAN! Some'in' tells me ya can't. She's wif me!" He puffed his chest out a little but he didn't want to appear very threatening. He then tugged Tamalie away from the men, giving them a small glare but without much heat behind it.
Aden Bero
 player, 327 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 8 Apr 2013
at 14:59
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden watched from the shadows, wondering if Dustil and Tam would have to blow their cover for these lewd idiots.  And silently hoped he didn't look like such a fool when drunkenly trying to seduce a woman.
Mr. Main
 GM, 464 posts
Wed 10 Apr 2013
at 12:17
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
two of the men continue to "chat" with tamalie, slowly getting closer. One of them now puts his hand on tam's shoulder.
"Playing hard ta get?"
"Pffs paladims...paladims that's kinda funny."
"Quit the coy play. ya wanna have some fun. We all know it. trust me we are a whole lot more fun than that idiot." he comments as he makes a dismissive gesture towards dustil.

the third one stands between Dustil and Tamalie. He moves so close as to only be a few inches from dustil's face. he takes something out of his pocket and put it into dustil's hand.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 277 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 10 Apr 2013
at 15:19
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil grinned and looked at the money. Then he took the silver and put it back in the other man's hand. "She ain't a WHORE, idjit, so pish off! Use th' money t'go buy a girl since tha's the only way y'get one. I mean what the hell? Pawin' at a lady in the street at night? Drink's addled yer brains! Go on! Leave 'fore the guards show up an' tosh ya's in jail." He made shooing gestures to them. He grabbed Tamalie's arm and gently pulled her away from the men, glaring blearily at the one who had touched her.

It was taking a lot of self-control to not punch them. And not just because they were idiots. They were treating Tamalie with disrespect, and he liked her.
Mr. Main
 GM, 465 posts
Wed 10 Apr 2013
at 20:42
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
the largest of the three men knocks your arm away as you go to grab tamalie.
"We're talkin' to tha lady beat it."
Another one puts his arm around Tamalie's shoulders
"Sweets here needs to be hangin' with a better class of people. Not rude angry drunks."
"Take a walk pal. Maybe the night air will calm ya."
"Don't worry she's in good hands."
'We'll get her home safe and sound, eventually."

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:02, Thu 11 Apr 2013.

Tamalie
 player, 202 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 12 Apr 2013
at 01:55
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Planting her feet, Tamalie resists the pulling from the drunk man putting an arm around her. "Let me go, I'm already with someone, and that'll be the end of it. Off you go to your own home, and I'll be heading off without you,  THANK YOU!" She finishes that firmly, trying to show that she's clear about where this conversation is not going. Then she adds, "I saw one of the patrols just back there. She points back the way the two of them came. You wouldn't want to deal with the city watch being as drunk as you are. They will surely send you home."
Mr. Main
 GM, 469 posts
Fri 12 Apr 2013
at 23:24
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Pfft. The guard ain't out tonight.
"Let's go. the little girls out past her bed time and is cranky."
the three of the turn to leave and as they do one of them pinches tamalie's ass as he walks by "later sweet cheeks." they then head off back to being loud obnoxious grumbling drunks.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 279 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 13 Apr 2013
at 04:26
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil watched them angrily for a moment, REALLY resisting the near-overwhelming urge to pound the everliving piss out of each of them for a while. The imagery is pleasant and helps calm him after a moment. He glances at Tamalie and tries to shrug it off. "Well THAT was fun. You alright?"
Aden Bero
 player, 331 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 13 Apr 2013
at 19:04
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden breathes out a sigh of relief, his hands, which were preparing to cast a spell, falling to his sides in the dark distance.  That was close, but Aden was proud of Tamalie for standing up to those bastards.  He waited for his friends to continue onwards, that he might follow from the shadows.
Tamalie
 player, 204 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 14 Apr 2013
at 03:32
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Making her jerk away when he pinched her, the druid glares at him, but walks on. Though she's not a physical threat, she'd really like to deal with them in in a way only a druid could. Having the fury of nature at her call, she leaves it alone for now.

"I'm alright, they're jerks, but at least not lethal jerks. Let's keep moving."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 281 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 14 Apr 2013
at 16:26
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil pitched his voice even lower. "If ya wan', I'll go beat 'em up some other time an' give 'em a stern talkin' to." He acted as if he were angry but was trying to cheer her up from the stupid drunk men to not ruin their night, both literally and for any audience they might have.
Tamalie
 player, 206 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 15 Apr 2013
at 00:06
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
She shakes her head no, adding, "That actually wouldn't make me feel like they were less of a jerk, so no, let's not waste any more of out time."
Mr. Main
 GM, 471 posts
Tue 16 Apr 2013
at 03:00
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: Ok so what next guys? how long do you want to continue your patrol? any particular areas you want to try?
Tamalie
 player, 208 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Tue 16 Apr 2013
at 03:31
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
<orange>ooc-Tamalie says to keep on going, pushing their efforts. It seems the area they have cleared the paladin patrols would still be the best area to keep our group. But for kicks, why doesn't Tamalie suggest taking the route Cyl would have used to go home. And then maybe we could circle back a couple times. Essentially, going for the least patrolled areas, and the route mostly likely to be the route that Cylithrea would use walked.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 283 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 16 Apr 2013
at 14:05
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil is good to follow that path as well, the one Cyl would take.
Mr. Main
 GM, 473 posts
Wed 17 Apr 2013
at 17:44
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
After the run in with the drunks you continue on your way for a little bit and then turn and double back towards the monkey. You then start making your way towards where Cyl lives following what you feel is her usual path.

 It is now just a few hours before first light and the city starts showing the signs of renewed life. the early risers are getting up, workers are on their way to the docks. you see some people packing carts getting ready to make delivers or set up stalls. The bars which closed not to long ago start to literally toss out those who were to drunk to leave so they cloud close up. The night is almost over.

OOC: I'll just assume you guys talked to bear and got at least a general idea of where Cyl lives.

ok everyone make perception checks.


Dustil Kraye
 player, 285 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 17 Apr 2013
at 18:00
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil tried to keep from frowning. It looked like the night would be a bust unfortunately. No one jumped at the bait thus far and morning was coming.

11:59, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 12 using 1d20+10. Perception.
Aden Bero
 player, 334 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 17 Apr 2013
at 18:39
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
When the group doubles back to the Monkey, Aden makes sure to invite Will along, who had been holding down the fort.  He keeps his distance from the party, as before, encouraging Will to stay back with him.


13:38, Today: Aden Bero rolled 20 using 1d20+3. perception.
Tamalie
 player, 209 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 18 Apr 2013
at 02:42
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
With the night coming to an end, and the day beginning for others, Tamalie is thinking that this may not have worked out as they planned. But they did give a shot, which is more than some. She just hoped there could have been something for their efforts.

21:38, Today: Tamalie rolled 19 using 1d20+10. perception.
Mr. Main
 GM, 476 posts
Thu 18 Apr 2013
at 11:48
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
The drunks moan, complain and a few even vomit. everyone else seems to ignore them as they go about their usual business. They've probably seen this a thousand times before.
Tamalie
 player, 211 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 18 Apr 2013
at 23:27
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Tamalie quickly gets excited, but tries to hide it. Grabbing Dustil, she pulls on him to urge him to follow her. The Druid quickly tries to come up with something fast. "I think I had better sit down." She says aloud. But as she leads him towards the building nearby the alley, she tries to quietly whisper to Dustil, "Alley, movement."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 287 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 19 Apr 2013
at 14:13
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil eyes her for a moment and then shrugs lazily. "Whatever ya say, beautiful." He allows himself to be lead to the alley.
Aden Bero
 player, 336 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 20 Apr 2013
at 21:20
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden makes his way to the alley entrance, keeping distance between himself and his friends.
Mr. Main
 GM, 479 posts
Sat 20 Apr 2013
at 22:31
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
The only light in the alley are the cast of rays from the street lights. It is dark and filled with shadows. It is also a little cramped It's maybe 3-4 feet wide. Basically you guys can go single file or squeeze into each others squares. It's hard to imagine anyone effectively fighting in a place like this, especially if they are wearing armor and not using small weapons.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 288 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 21 Apr 2013
at 01:18
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil let Tamalie lead the way, though it was VERY difficult to do so. He focused on maintaining his drunken swaying walk rather than think about it. He could probably get past her, or over her, if needs be. But the tight quarters would be a killer's wet dream. He glanced around as his head swung back and forth drunkenly on his neck.
Tamalie
 player, 213 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 21 Apr 2013
at 03:52
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Trying to control direction of Dustil while trying her hardest to make it look like it's natural can only go so far. And now with the poor lighting, the shadows of the alley are hindering them from seeing what's hiding in the shadows.

But in turn, she quickly whispers to her bodyguard, "I'm going to try a little flare of light in the alley, cover your eyes."

The druid quickly casts one of her orisons, Flare. She'll cast it as far as her range allows, attempting to prevent it from being close enough to blind her or Dustil, but to remove enough of the dark shadows in the alley.







http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/flare
Range should be 30 feet away.
Aden Bero
 player, 337 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 21 Apr 2013
at 19:08
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden looks for an alternate route to the alley his friends just entered.

What's the alley layout like in this part of the city?  Is it a network of alleys that could possibly intersect, or just single alleys running between blocks?
Mr. Main
 GM, 480 posts
Mon 22 Apr 2013
at 02:58
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: Aden make a knowledge local check. you can find many different kinds of Alleyways in Arcadia sometimes they are straight single alleys, sometimes they have junctions and sometimes they can almost be winding twisting mazes.

the sudden blast of bright light is painful, but short lived. OOC: make perception checks.
Tamalie
 player, 214 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 22 Apr 2013
at 03:10
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Trying to keep an eye out to see what stirs up in the darkness, the half elf hopes Dustil can see who or what ever it is too this time.

22:07, Sun 21 Apr 2013: Tamalie rolled 23 using 1d20+10 ((13)).
Dustil Kraye
 player, 289 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 22 Apr 2013
at 03:23
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil winced his eyes for a moment when the flare went off, but then he glanced around quickly.

21:22, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 22 using 1d20+10. Alley Perception.
Aden Bero
 player, 338 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 22 Apr 2013
at 14:57
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
09:53, Today: Aden Bero rolled 22 using 1d20+3. perception.
09:52, Today: Aden Bero rolled 19 using 1d20+2. untrained knowledge local.

If Aden reasonably suspects a side alley would allow him to come from behind and flank the suspect, then he dodges into a side alley. He moves quickly, drawing his shortspear, but also attaches his buckler to his arm.

If he doesn't believe a side alley would help him, then he considers climbing, looking at the buildings beside the alley Dustil and Tam entered, judging their height.
Mr. Main
 GM, 481 posts
Wed 24 Apr 2013
at 02:28
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
In the brief bright flash Tamalie and Dustil see a short cloaked figure in a side alley. The figure looked like it was tensed to pounce towards you, but now instead turns and runs down the alley.

Meanwhile Aden can't quite remember how the layout for the alleys in this area and looks to start climbing the buildings. It's possible, but will take time and how good of a view and how effectively you can act in case something happens.
Tamalie
 player, 215 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 24 Apr 2013
at 03:06
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Hey, Stop! You're surrounded." Tamalie shouts to the man running away.  And then to Dustil, she asks, "I'm casting a summoning spell"

She lets Dustil go, no longer pretending the barmaid and the drunken escort role.

Tamalie casts Summon Nature's Ally, attempting to have it summon on the far side of the person who was hiding in the shadows, so it can run into the centipede, or turn around and face Dustil, and Tamalie.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/.../summon-natures-ally
Choosing Giant Centipede.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestia...pede/centipede-giant



Bite—injury; save Fort DC 13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d3 Dex damage; cure 1 save. The save DC is Constitution-based and includes a +2 racial bonus.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:48, Wed 24 Apr 2013.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 290 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 24 Apr 2013
at 03:52
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil planted a kiss on Tamalie's cheek and gave her a winking grin. "Been fun, love, but gotta run." He turned and poured on the speed to chase after the cloaked figure, hoping his better-than-the-average-person's speed was enough to catch up.
Aden Bero
 player, 339 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 24 Apr 2013
at 04:21
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden heard Tamalie shout for someone to stop, and charged into the alley way, moving as fast as he could, drawing a javelin.

Double move 80' into alleyway, past Tamalie, following Dustil. Draw Javelin,

This message was last edited by the player at 04:23, Wed 24 Apr 2013.

Mr. Main
 GM, 482 posts
Wed 24 Apr 2013
at 22:34
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
The cloaked figure dashing off at full speed doesn't even bother trying to stop as the giant bug suddenly appears out of nowhere. Instead it makes a desperate and impressive dive over it. In the gloom it is hard to make out what happened, but the group hears a pained cry. It seems like the centipede has successfully attacked the runner, but failed to stop it. Aden dashes into the alley and comes to a stop right next to Tamalie.

OOC: dustil how are you pursuing? are you double moving? charging? running?
Dustil Kraye
 player, 291 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 24 Apr 2013
at 23:54
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Running until I catch up. Once close enough, I will charge.
Mr. Main
 GM, 483 posts
Thu 25 Apr 2013
at 02:08
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil, sprinting at full speed quickly closes the distance. the two of you reach the end of the side alley. Running full tilt there is no way for either of you to stop in time before crashing into the wall. The person you are cashing doesn't seem to care, in fact they leap into the wall and then push off of it, executing a quick turn.
OOC: dustil make an acrobatics check dc 15 to turn the corner at speed. If you succeed you are within melee reach of your target.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 292 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 25 Apr 2013
at 02:16
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil narrowed his eyes a bit, watching the precision in which the cloaked figure moved. Almost impressive to watch, if it weren't for the murderous intent...if this was their quarry. He performed a similar maneuver to his opponent's to keep moving.

20:15, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 28 using 1d20+9.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:16, Thu 25 Apr 2013.

Mr. Main
 GM, 484 posts
Thu 25 Apr 2013
at 02:20
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: ok you are within melee range. Roll initiative dustil. So far we've been acting without it since it was flowing nicely, but now we'll need it. If you get higher than the suspect you act first.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 293 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 25 Apr 2013
at 02:24
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: Heh. I'm guessing not.

20:21, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 9 using 1d20+3. Initiative.
20:23, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 13 using 1d20+3. Hero Point Initiative.

Mr. Main
 GM, 485 posts
Thu 25 Apr 2013
at 02:33
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC actually lady luck smiled upon you. you do get to act first.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 294 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 25 Apr 2013
at 03:40
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil performed a few quick finger movements to ready his fist as he charged towards the fleeing figure. He swung his fingers out in a martial arts strike, aiming for a pressure point.

OOC: Unarmed attack, stunning fist. Using Fatigue instead of Stunning on Stunning Fist.
21:36, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 28 using 1d20+9. Charging Fatiguing Fist Attack.
21:38, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 19 using 1d20+7. Stunning/Fatigue vs Fort Defense.
21:39, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 4 using 1d8+3. Unarmed Damage.

Mr. Main
 GM, 486 posts
Thu 25 Apr 2013
at 11:23
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Your strike topples the figure causing it to crash to the ground hard. It moans and rolls over onto it's back. Though it is to dark to truly see you can make out it's general outline. The cloak is obviously big for the person wearing it. A moment later the figure speaks. It's voice is soft and high pitched, that of a young girl.

"y-you can do whatever you want...I-I won't resist or even scream...just please don't kill me." can hear the terror and resignation in her voice. She has resigned herself to whatever happens and accepted that whatever her fate is all she can do now is just grin and bare it.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 295 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 25 Apr 2013
at 13:49
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil let out a groan of frustration and rolled his eyes. "Oh for the gods' sakes!" He rubbed a hand across his face and sighed. "Who are you an' what're ya doin' skulkin' about?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 487 posts
Thu 25 Apr 2013
at 15:35
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
The girl stays very still "Rita. The drunks are easy marks, usually." She explains.
Aden Bero
 player, 340 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 25 Apr 2013
at 21:35
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden continues, rushing past Tamalie in chase of Dustil and the fleeing culprit.  He squeezes by the centipede, doing his best not to get creeped out by the disgustingly large insect, the hairs on the back of his neck standing on end.  When he arrives upon Dustil and the would be mugger, he growls, "Gods be damned, you bloody fool woman!"  The oracle is tired from a night spent investigating and sneaking around, and apparently it's all for naught thanks to this Rita. His blood was already boiling at the thought of everything he intended to do to the murderer he assumed they were chasing, so he's too angry to say much else at the moment.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:37, Thu 25 Apr 2013.

Tamalie
 player, 216 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 26 Apr 2013
at 12:53
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Seeing the sudden change from fleeing to surrender, Tamalie tells her summoned ally, "Stop right there." Not wanting it to be any more aggressive now. Walking in, she'll give the centipede a quick pat for good measure. "Well done. But it looks like we're going to be okay now. Stay close to me though."

She urges it to walk on with her. She assumes that the encounter is done, but wants to have a second set of eyes just in case. Walking in to see the cutpurse, the druid asks, "Looking to rob from us? We're looking for information. Were you out last night, we're trying to find some murderer who killed one of the paladins that patrol this city?"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 296 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 26 Apr 2013
at 13:35
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil frowned at Aden's outburst, though truthfully he felt just as frustrated. He merely told the girl, "Calm yerself, Rita. We ain't gonna kill you." Then Tamalie showed up and began speaking.

Dustil slid one silver coin into his hand and then a second. It was obvious he was attempting to perform the little tricks bards and magicians would do to amuse the crowds....and doing a very poor job of it. But the coins were merely an enticement to speak and get paid for Rita.
Mr. Main
 GM, 488 posts
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 01:40
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Your looking for the guy who offed the paladin tonight? After they swarmed all over town? In a random back alley?"
Tamalie
 player, 217 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 02:29
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Not catching the sarcasm, Tamalie asks excitedly, "Yes! Do you hear anything more? Anything that would help?!"
Aden Bero
 player, 341 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 04:26
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Aye, you know a better place to be looking?"  Aden's demeanor was stern as he asked the question.
Mr. Main
 GM, 489 posts
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 12:06
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
As you have noticed, now that she thinks you're not going to kill or do other things to her Rita's demeanor and tone has changed a bit.

 "I wouldn't be looking when the Pally's are obviously out for blood. Only an idiot would be out then."
Aden Bero
 player, 342 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 17:30
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden noticed her change in tone, like she was getting comfortable and cocky with the situation, like she wasn't going to pay for her crimes.  He was having none of it, and he knew the perfect penance. "An idiot, or a crazed, sadistic, copycat killer that didn't get what he really wanted last night.  You think you know so much about the mind of such an individual?  Fine.  By the authority vested in me, from the city guard, the Order of the Radiant Dawn, and not lastly, the Pantheon of Fire, I hereby take you into custody, as an official member of this task squad.  You will help us find this killer, or I'll see you pay full price for your crimes.  I'll find out everything you've done to make sure you pay.  Help us find this killer, and your sins will be forgiven."

With that, the oracle quickly cast a spell.  It was detect magic, focused on the street thief, just in case her current appearance was a magical disguise or some such.  And to make sure she had no tricks up her sleeves.  To her, he bluffed.  "This spell will bind you to our cause.  Try to flee before the task is done, and you'll be consumed by flames equal to your sins.  Sarenrae will judge you by the nobility of your deeds, and Asmodeus will wait with glee, ready to consume and torment your soul should you fall to the fire."

It was bullshit, but Aden had spent enough time around overly serious religious oracles to play the part.  He'd been all been raised by a master performer, learning the craft of acting and bluffing.  And he was serious about catching this killer.

12:28, Today: Aden Bero rolled 17 using 1d20+4. bluff.
Aden casts detect magic on thief.
Aden also makes a sense motive check on her previous and upcoming responses, trying to see if she's bluffing them somehow.  +4 modifier, DM is supposed to make the roll in secret.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:31, Sat 27 Apr 2013.

Mr. Main
 GM, 490 posts
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 17:59
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"I didn't do nothin' and you can't prove shit!" Rita replied at first. Then Aden cast his spell "Hey you can't do that! that's not fair! I didn't kill anybody! I ain't gonna look for no killer. that's a good way for a girl to get dead or worse. Hell i can't even walk right now thanks to the beating you and your friends gave me. So you're either gonna have to remove your spell or char a little girl. Whose gonna get judged for that?"
Aden Bero
 player, 343 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 18:50
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC:  Whoops, I wasn't thinking "young girl" when I posted that last bit, more "young woman" that could answer for her crimes.  Hmm....


Aden continued, showing none of the guilt he felt for putting her in this position, ruse though it was.  Well, she had technically put herself in this position, and maybe she'd think twice about a career as a street-mugger.  He replied, "I'll heal your wounds, so that you can do your duty.  The gods will judge whether your efforts to help us are sufficient.  What more do you know about this killer?  A child of the streets, surely you've heard something.  Speak truthfully, and maybe Sarenrae will find you worthy of redemption."  As he said this, the oracle bent down to inspect the severity of her wounds, seeing whether or not she was truly as injured as she claimed.
Mr. Main
 GM, 492 posts
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 21:13
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: you'll need a light source and a heal check to check her wounds.
Tamalie
 player, 218 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 21:29
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Oh come now. You must not want a murderer out and about. From what we know, the Paladin that was killed died defending a young woman from the attacker."

Stepping in closer, Tamalie will kneel down, trying to help the young girl up, or just put a hand on the girl's shoulder to comfort her.

"We had to try and find who did it. You know the area, right? You can help us, even if you could just help us with information. Maybe show us where you think he might have gone. Don't you want to help protect the other young ladies you know? Do you have a mother, a sister that you wouldn't want to see be attacked by this murderer?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 493 posts
Sun 28 Apr 2013
at 15:40
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Lady, I don't know anything. If I killed someone I'd get the hell out of town for a while, especially if he was a Paladin. Killing a Paladin is bad news; everyone knows that. Makes all sorts of trouble."
Aden Bero
 player, 345 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 28 Apr 2013
at 18:39
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden casts Light on a close-by object, illuminating the alleyway.  He begins to carefully check the girl to see the extent of her injuries.  Though Aden isn't very practicing at the healing arts, besides magically, he does an alright job of it, following the examples he's seen.

13:36, Today: Aden Bero rolled 19 using 1d20. heal check.

To the girl, he replies while doing so, "Then you must know someone who would have such information.  I find it hard to believe you live on these streets without some sort of contact, perhaps someone you sell your stolen goods too.  Give us a lead, someone who can point us in the right direction, and Sarenrae may forgive your transgressions."

13:38, Today: Aden Bero rolled 16 using 1d20+9. diplomacy.
Mr. Main
 GM, 494 posts
Mon 29 Apr 2013
at 00:14
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOc: the girl is indead wounded. Infact she is pretty beaten up. The puncture wounds on her calf from the centipedes bite are red and swollen. She was probably poisoned and the wound might be infected. It also looks like Dustil's strike might have broken her collar bone.

<pruple>"I don't steal goods. I just grab a few coins here and there. Just cause you live on the street doesn't mean you know everyone in the damn underworld. Poking your nose where it don't belong is a good way to get it broken. Worse sometimes if you're a girl."</purple>
Tamalie
 player, 219 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 29 Apr 2013
at 01:22
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Shaking her head, Tamalie finds the girl seeming to have fallen prey to her own poor choice of trying to rob the wrong people. "Why are you out in the street robbing people anyway? That just seems wrong for someone of your age. Could you find work at one of the temple's?"
Aden Bero
 player, 346 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 29 Apr 2013
at 14:55
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden casts a spell on the girl, closing up some wounds, and then inspects her again to see what remains. 

09:52, Today: Aden Bero rolled 9 using 1d8+3. clw.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 297 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 29 Apr 2013
at 20:28
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil stayed silent. He wasn't that good at pretending to not care. He DID feel bad about the girl. He COULD have pulled his bunch a bit, but he had gotten caught up in the chase and the possibility of a killer getting away. He stifled a sigh and waited with his arms crossed, trying to look drunk and bored.
Mr. Main
 GM, 495 posts
Tue 30 Apr 2013
at 02:49
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Lady you could find a lot of work at the brothels. But would you want to? I don't need anyone's charity, rules or the rest of the bull that comes with dealing with 'em. I also don't need strangers who just beat the hell out of me 'cause they mistook me for a murderer telling me how I should be living my life."
Aden Bero
 player, 347 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 30 Apr 2013
at 06:13
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Crouched over the girl as she says all this, examining her wounds, the fiery feeling Aden gets when channeling curing energy quickly runs cold at the girls naivity.  Yeah, he admires her courage and fiery nature, but she was clueless.  His voice is as soft as it is cold, Dustil and Tam having to strain to hear.  "Maybe you should be listening to the strangers that just beat the hell out of you.  You could learn a thing or two, since obviously we were faster and stronger.  And, 'little miss got it all figured out,' I'm sure you know there will be people that are just like us, only mean as the hells.  There's one on these streets right now, deadly enough to kill a paladin, targets sweet ladies, maybe just like yourself."

He draws in a breath, calming a bit. "Everyone needs people in their life, annoying as people can be at times.  You should reconsider going it alone.  Your penance is removed."  He presses his index and middle fingertips to her forehead to finish off the bluff, giving a slight nudge as he pulls back his hand.  It was a difficult pretense to end, but he had no right to force her in any direction.  And since when was he so preachy?

His stomach growled, loudly, and he grumbled to himself about breakfast and sleep and dwarven taskmasters, as he rose up to weary feet.  He'd settle for a nice bowl of tobacco in the meantime.  Offering her a hand, he asked, "Can you walk?"


01:12, Today: Aden Bero rolled 11 using 1d20+9. diplomacy.  Get through girl's thick head.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:16, Tue 30 Apr 2013.

Aden Bero
 player, 348 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 30 Apr 2013
at 15:12
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden continued, "You'll still feel a little weak from the centipede's poison, but it's not going to kill you, and after a few days, you'll be back to normal."
Mr. Main
 GM, 496 posts
Wed 1 May 2013
at 19:54
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Rita Climbs to her feet warily. She wobbles a bit, but stands upright just fine.

"Great. Getting mugged by you has been real fun. Let's not do it again. Ever." Rita starts to walk off. When she gets to the end of the Alley she stops for a moment. "You should probably ask around about recent arrivals Blondie. Locals would know better than to kill a Pally." and then she walked off away from you.
Aden Bero
 player, 350 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 2 May 2013
at 08:11
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden watched her go, saddened.  He could barely live for himself, much less all the misguided miscreants of the world.  But he silently thought a prayer for Rita.

"Recent arrivals, huh?  The only thing I wanna ask right now is 'Who's up for breakfast?'  Let's go get something to eat, then get some rest."  Aden is really ready to go get some food in his belly, but waits for the others to voice opinions as to their next move.  He hopes they agree, knowing planning sessions on an empty stomach to be a fruitless endeavor.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 298 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 2 May 2013
at 13:48
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
He shook his head and sighed. "I don't think I could stomach anythin'. I'll jus' go t'bed I think."  He tossed a wave to the two of them. "G'night." And with that he started walking back to his inn to crash.
Tamalie
 player, 220 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 3 May 2013
at 02:57
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"I could go for a bite, but there was something I saw earlier. By one of the bridges over the water. Something shiny. Let's check it out, maybe it'll be another clue. Tamalie quickly says. She's quite willing to lead the way back to the water where she saw it if they are willing to go.
Aden Bero
 player, 351 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 3 May 2013
at 06:40
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Aye, I'll go with you and have a look." he follows to the bridge.
Aden Bero
 player, 352 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 6 May 2013
at 21:04
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden's stomach grumbled loudly as he and Tam walked back to where she saw the shiny object.  He couldn't figure what she was talking about, but he was certainly interested, as he looked around for some sort of street vendor selling something to eat.
Tamalie
 player, 221 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Tue 7 May 2013
at 02:02
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Tamalie will keep leading the way back to the bridge over the canel where she saw the flash of silvery glimmer in the water.
Mr. Main
 GM, 498 posts
Tue 7 May 2013
at 21:03
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
tamalie leads you who ever will follow back towards where you ran into the drunks. She remembers seeing the glimmer of silver coming from somewhere underneath the bridge. To get a close look someone is going to have to go into the canal...
Tamalie
 player, 222 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 8 May 2013
at 03:33
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Slipping off her cloak, Tamalie looks around to see if anyone is coming around. She'd like to discreetly step down into the canal, rather than jumping in splashing.
Aden Bero
 player, 353 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 8 May 2013
at 16:37
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"I'm going with you."

The oracle was impressed by how the Druid was just going for it.  He too made ready to enter.

is there a path for us to take or are we wading/swimming?  How far we talking?
Mr. Main
 GM, 500 posts
Thu 9 May 2013
at 03:32
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOc: you could swim or you could look for a boat. The glimmer came from near the bridge,almost but not quite under it.

the canal water isn't swift, but it is cool, deep and cleaner than you'd expect. make a DC 10 swim check. I guess you could also take 10 or 20 depending on your strength score and skills if you wanted since you're in no rush or find a boat. you might be able to borrow one or pay to use a "water taxi".

tamlie searches for the glint she saw and after a few minutes finally finds it. the glimmer came from what looks like a silver tag that seems to emit a rather weak aura like glow. It is affixed to the side of the canal. Inscribed on it are oddly shaped runes or letters.
Aden Bero
 player, 354 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 9 May 2013
at 06:21
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden, from up above, directed a cone of magic detection at the silver tag that Tam found.

I'm thinking maybe this is one the things hidden aroun the city for the novice games, but can't remember if Tio already told us or if that happens at opening ceremonies.  Or maybe it's something else.

01:20, Today: Aden Bero rolled 20 using 1d20+6. Spell craft to identify.

Tamalie
 player, 223 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 11 May 2013
at 01:57
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Willing to swim, the druid is willing to dive if need be, so it's likely she's soaked from head to toe in her efforts. But she comes up with a silver tag, and it has some symbols that she's trying to be more certain about. She holds it up for Aden to see as well, as she offers, "My first thoughts are that it says something like purify/cleanse, enrich, treat and soothe. But's I think the way it's written out is different. The water was a lot more clear than I expected. I'm wondering if I pried it off the canel's side when it was intentionally put there by the workers for the City. Possibly to clean the water. Did you think the symbol meant any more than what I came up with?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 502 posts
Sat 11 May 2013
at 04:44
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
It is affixed to the side of the wall it doesn't just easily come off.
Tamalie
 player, 224 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 11 May 2013
at 06:23
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Letting it go when unable to free it from the side of the canal, the blonde half elf swims back to the side she came down in from, and puts on hand up onto the side of the canal, and holds another up and out for Aden to gab and help her up.

"It's not that easy to to grab a hold of, I'm not even so sure we should try to remove it. But it's not a clue like I originally thought of when I first spotted it. Help me out."


Tamalie intends to wrap the cloak around her for warmth, and then head back off to the drunken monkey for her clothes, and breakfast.
William de Soulis
 player, 117 posts
Sat 11 May 2013
at 09:45
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
It was Williams hand that was out there to help her out. William had spent a great deal of time trying to refuel all the little gadgets he had used up in the matches. He was tapped out fully, and the fact he threw money into the fights when others didnt meant he was at the distadvantage, so he was often forced to take thousands of times more time to recover than most others.

He gave her a smile as he thumped his cane on the ground as she started to dry off faster than normal. "What did I miss?"

This message was last edited by the player at 10:11, Sat 11 May 2013.

Aden Bero
 player, 360 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 11 May 2013
at 21:25
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden is surprised when Will shows up at their side, helping Tamalie out of the canal.  "Will, buddy! Good to see you.  Unfortunately, you didn't miss much.  We spent the early part of last night asking around about this knife, getting mostly dead ends.  We went and checked out the old site of the original Zsasz smithy, which is now a memorial to his victims.  With no solid leads we spent the rest of the night until now following Tamalie, who was disguised as Cylithrea, trying to lure out the killer.  Instead, we lured a young pickpocket, who we mistakenly chased down.  She suggested that we try asking around about recent arrivals, as anyone from the area would know not to kill a paladin.  And on our way back to the Drunken Monkey, Tamalie led us back here to see what this silver tag was."

Aden points to the tag secured to the canal wall below.  "I tried detecting magic, but all I could learn is that it puts off a complex aura, probably employing several different schools of magic to provide various effects.  Can either of you cast Detect Magic, and maybe try to help me out?"

"And, Will, do you have any suggestions on who we would be best off asking about new arrivals to the city?"

If Tam and Will can cast detect magic, maybe we can combine our efforts with Aid Another and get this thing identified.  I don't have any idea who to ask about new arrivals, but after Aden rests, he can start making diplomacy gather info checks to learn about new faces in the city.
William de Soulis
 player, 118 posts
Mon 13 May 2013
at 00:15
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
William shook his head "Cant say that I can detect magic. I am a artificer, we just make items not identify them." ((I double checked. The pathfinder version of artificers cant use artificer knowledge ability from 3.5 nor do they get infusions. O.O))

He tilted his head side to side as he held out his hand for the dagger. "Let me have a look at this thing first. I know cypher magic so if you can write down what auras you see and in what order I may be able to give you a sideways point of view."
Tamalie
 player, 226 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 13 May 2013
at 02:14
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Surprised from the sudden appearance of William, she almost lets go, before realizing who it is, and trusting his grip. And getting out of the water, she's even more surprised at the effects of William's magic that allows her clothes to dry faster.

She listens to Aden's summary, and agrees with it by nodding her head. And she's also willing to try and use her magic to make another attempt to figure out the silvery tag. "Yes, I can use the spell of detection as well. Maybe if we combine our efforts, we can figure it out."

The druid will begin to cast her spell, and hopefully, the two working together may provide some additional insight.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/...pells/d/detect-magic
Aden Bero
 player, 364 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 13 May 2013
at 06:24
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden asks Tamalie, "You said there were inscriptions on the tag?  Perhaps read magic would help, if either of you could cast it?"


OOC:  @Will, I know Mr. Main said in the character creation thread that he's open to 3.5 integration in terms of character creation.  Assuming you and he haven't already hashed everything out regarding your character, maybe you can find a compromise....
William de Soulis
 player, 121 posts
Tue 14 May 2013
at 00:37
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
William started drawing out the information on the stone under their feet with the tip of his cane. He was clearly taking his time about it. Going through a rather sideways way of doing it and working out the magic. He even went so far as to take out a rather large coin and give it a flip.
Mr. Main
 GM, 508 posts
Tue 14 May 2013
at 01:12
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
the three of you discuss the silver tag that is affixed to the wall, each one supplying unique insight based upon their own magical background or scholarly knowledge.

 Aden informs the others about the odd complexity of of the aura which seem to meld and merge causing the tag to occasionally give off a very faint silver glow. transmutation and conjuration auras seem to be emanating from the tag.

Tamalie explains the meaning of the Druidic runes inscribed upon the tag and how it would make sense that the auras would merge considering the way they were scribed. usually runes do not touch, but these ones not only touch but seem to grow into and around each other like vines.

William takes the time to go into the canal as well. First he carefully makes a rubbing of the tag. then he slowly and with the up most precision and care copies the rubbing by hand and, with quick glances at the tag now and then, adds the details the rubbing did not take. He then scribbles the hell all over it as he makes notes and little annotations often writing his thoughts in half phrased questions and random snippets. after some time he takes this jumbled mess of notes,as well as Aden's and Tamalie's input, and writes up a more organized conclusion. he reads it to you and Aden and tamalie help william refine it until finalyl all of you come to an agreement on what exactly the tag does.

Put simply it does three things. It purifies the water, neutralizes toxins and kills contagions. The team who made this tag, and clearly it was a team considering that several different disciplines and types of magic where used.

(it is possible a single person made it William adds as a footnote, but that person would need to be not only need to know druidic and certain sacred rituals not taught to outsiders, but also have a commanding knowledge of magic circles and written magical formula that typically only wizards bother with and to top it all off he would need access to the blessing of a deity often only wielded by the devout or those born with angelic or some other powerful divine beings blood in their veins.)

The interlocking of the runes is what helps the Auras merge creating a perpetual field much larger than what would normal happen with the base spells used individually. This merging creates a resonance that causes a kind of magical residue to build up. When it reaches critical levels it is released in a burst; the silvery emanations. It is those emissions that kill contagions. Obviously one tag on it's own would be overwhelmed by a whole city of tens of thousands of humaniods, not counting all the animals, insects and whatever else. So there must be many more of these tags and their purpose is clear. to keep the canal waters of Arcadia, and therefore the river waters of the Renalis, cleanish so as to prevent disease and the despoiling of the area surrounding the city as well as the river on whole.
William de Soulis
 player, 122 posts
Tue 14 May 2013
at 03:21
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
William provided a copy of the short essay for each of them. "The proper term for it is Theurgic magic. Its kinda rare due to the fact that at most one mage can know two forms of magic and be of any major effect. When you reach the third realm you start weakening the whole body of magic in the person. That and druids have only a hand full of mystics themselves from what I know, which isn't much."

"Its kinda scary. I am surprised the whole system doesn't fail in the spectacular kind of way. Lets say that the tags all have only the lowest tier of spell in them, and each tag covers only a thirty foot area. And if the city was only four miles in each direction we are looking at....."
He did some odd math on the paper he had. His math ended up at only one hundred and ninety thousand spell levels. "Enough energy pent up to either blow up a small area to vapor or damage just over one hundred miles of terrain a little. Of course that is only if you release all that energy at once. The whole system is built up to store energy until it overloads, so to cause that you would have to plug up the part of the ritual that acts as a overflow." He babbled on, something about such a thing to be hard and easy at the same time.
Aden Bero
 player, 367 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 15 May 2013
at 05:40
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden was extremely impressed by the degree of magical integration used to create this purification system.   Though keen of mind, he'd spent a lot of time fooling around and getting into mischief when he should have been studying.  When William hinted around the possible dangers of massive quantities of stored magic, the fiery performer replied, "I would hope its creators took precautions to safeguard against such a calamity."
Tamalie
 player, 229 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 16 May 2013
at 02:41
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Shrugging her shoulders, the druid offers, "Yea, I was kind of hoping it was something like a dagger used in the crime. Wishful thinking I guess. That the city has enough coin to finance such an operation to keep the water flowing clean is a good thing, but I think I'm ready for a breakfast, and a sleep. What say everyone else?"
Aden Bero
 player, 386 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 7 Jun 2013
at 02:44
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Over breakfast, Aden thought about whether he knew of a good place to start when it came to asking about new arrivals to the city of Arcadia.  If not, then he planned to start asking around after getting a little shut-eye.

21:44, Today: Aden Bero rolled 16 using 1d20+2. untrained knowledge local new arrivals.
Mr. Main
 GM, 525 posts
Fri 7 Jun 2013
at 20:55
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: considering the fact that the tourney is near and people are piling into the city that answer is everywhere and anywhere. hell since this is a major trading destination even if the city was not packed with prospective spectators it would be filled with traveling merchants, sailors, workers and others.
Aden Bero
 player, 389 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 8 Jun 2013
at 17:02
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Later that day, after rest, meditation, and even a little prayer, Aden heads from the Temple of Many Mysteries to the Fortress of the Radiant Dawn, looking to speak with the superior officer that put them on bait duty last night.  He wants to report everything in full that the party learned and encountered, and ask how they would like to proceed.
Aden Bero
 player, 448 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 13 Oct 2013
at 13:09
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Bump
Mr. Main
 GM, 615 posts
Sat 19 Oct 2013
at 12:48
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
The four of you find yourselves in the briefing room once more. The twins, the old man, Percival and The Stern captain were sitting down and waiting patiently for you to begin.
Morien
 player, 317 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 22 Oct 2013
at 04:50
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien sighed and started. "Before we set the trap, we decided to try and find out more information about the weapon used in the killing so that we could properly assess the threat that the plan posed to us and take any necessary precautions.

 We discovered that the knife used was a Zsasz Knife. We tried to find a sample knife to help determine its properties but that ended badly. Afterwards, the plan was to initiate the trap... but something came up that split me off from the group. On the bright side, I discovered some contacts that may be able to aid in the search."

Aden Bero
 player, 450 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 22 Oct 2013
at 18:29
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Following up on Morien's account, Kyle Luther is a knife collector and vendor, and it turns out that he has a Zsasz knife in his stock.  Negotiations to see the knife went south.  We visited the memorial for the original Zsasz murders to see if we could find any trace or connection to the current killer, but turned up nothing."

"We then used Tamalie as bait, thought we found our killer, but it turned out to be a young mugger.  She suggested we try and ask around about new people in town, as no one from Arcadia would be foolish enough to murder a paladin. But, considering this city is swollen with newcomers for the games, it seems a pretty unlikely tactic."


To Morien, Aden inquired, "Care to shed some light on these contacts?" Why does the ice prince always have to be so secretive?? Aden thought.
Morien
 player, 318 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 22 Oct 2013
at 20:06
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien shook his head. "No. It is better if they remain anonymous."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 387 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 22 Oct 2013
at 20:23
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil listened and then nodded. "Unfortunately, I don't have anythin' t'add. It was kind of a bust for us."
Mr. Main
 GM, 618 posts
Thu 24 Oct 2013
at 15:34
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"I see. So you didn't lay the trap until well after the patrols had started." the stern captain commented.

"How could these contacts aid in the search?" Percival Inquired.

"A Zsasz knife? Those are some nasty weapons."

"Did you find any information about the victim and why she may have been targeted?" the beatrix asks

"We didn't meet with much success with the patrol either. We caught a few miscreants and thugs. Your general trouble maker types. Got into only a single skirmish. We ended it quickly. No casualties. The aggressors are currently in lock down. We'll hand them and the others over to the town guard in a day or so."

"The town saw our paladins at work. While we may have stepped on a few toes we made it clear that we won't stand by for attacks on our own. While it would have been nice to catch the murderer, obviously that was unlikely."
Morien
 player, 319 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 25 Oct 2013
at 03:57
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien looked off at nothing in particular. "I can't be certain at this point... but there is information out there that neither paladins nor the town guard can easily obtain. My contacts may be able to learn something... but, so far, nothing about why she was targeted."
Aden Bero
 player, 452 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 25 Oct 2013
at 09:46
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden also replies, "I'm glad the Radiant Dawn was able to send a message. But this is personal for us. Cylithrea is one of our friends, and you won't find a sweeter lass. We will find this killer."
Mr. Main
 GM, 619 posts
Sat 26 Oct 2013
at 00:37
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"You think we want him any less? But, all the passion in the world doesn't change the facts. If we are lucky he's a deluded crazy psychopath. Then he'll pop up again targeting a similar victim and we can start to track him and hedge him in based upon the areas he prowls. If he isn't. Then there was a specific reason why he targeted this girl. He'll keep a low profile and wait for his chance to go after her again or he ran and is gone for good. Without any real information about the killer or a reason why this woman Cylithrea was targeted all we can do is wait for him to move again. Unless you have any ideas."
Morien
 player, 321 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 26 Oct 2013
at 08:46
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien half raises a hand before speaking. "There is something we can try... but there is a price to be paid."

 He remains silent for a few moments, as though struggling with whether or not he should give out this information. "Within Arcadia live five sisters, called the Blackfrost Seers. They know things, they see that which others cannot. They can help us... but they always demand a price."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 388 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 26 Oct 2013
at 18:09
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil listened to the back and forth. He wanted the killer brought to justice, of course, but he wasn't really sure where to start. Their 'trap' hadn't worked, and the paladin patrols would likely cause the would-be murderer to lay low for a bit. He slowly turned to look at Morien. "The who now? What HAVE you been up to lately?"
Morien
 player, 322 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 26 Oct 2013
at 21:02
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 "The Blackfrost Seers are oracles from my homeland. They possess great powers of insight and divination. They have been helping me learn more of my past."
Aden Bero
 player, 454 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 27 Oct 2013
at 17:12
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden considered what he knew of the Blackfrost Seers.  He also wondered what "price" they had asked of Morien for this help.

"I think it's also worthwhile for us to contact the organization responsible the the Zsasz victim's memorial. They may have some insight into the situation. Does anyone know how they might be contacted?" Aden could find the information on his own, but not having to spend a few hours asking around would be nice, with things so busy at the moment.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:15, Sun 27 Oct 2013.

Tamalie
 player, 289 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 28 Oct 2013
at 03:46
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Watching intently, Tamalie doesn't feel all that confident in what they actually discovered. It seemed more like a dead trail, and possibly the wrong trail to boot. Listening, she is hoping someone has an idea that could be pursued, but as it stands, she quietly listens, somewhat uncomfortable in feeling like they didn't find what they set out to do.
Mr. Main
 GM, 621 posts
Mon 28 Oct 2013
at 22:11
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Fortune tellers? I'm not going to belittle your beliefs, but I think we might need something more concrete then the ramblings of some soothsayers."

"Stephan, I don't see how this could hurt. The worst that happens is that they waste the time of our brave volunteers. If you truly feel they can give you a lead feel free to ask them. As for the memorial comity I'll send a letter to old Jaspar. He's one of the founder's and a friend of mine. I don't know what they can do, but if they can help they probably will."
Morien
 player, 327 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 29 Oct 2013
at 06:09
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien sighed. "If we go to see them, we will need to bring Cylithrea or something that she owns, preferably something that carries a piece of her with it... like a hairbrush."
Aden Bero
 player, 457 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 29 Oct 2013
at 18:51
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden took Stephan's comment in stride. Oracles were a very misunderstood and diverse group, less easily grasped than clerics or other holy warriors who had made a choice to devote their lives to a god. Aden, an oracle himself, still struggled with the why of his nature. But he knew for a fact that legitimate oracles were capable of much more than Stephan seemed to suggest.

Aden nodded, saying, "Doesn't sound like we have anything else to go on, might as well get started. Unless anyone else cares to make a suggestion?" If not, he was ready to head to the Monkey and retrieve something of Cylithrea's.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:53, Thu 31 Oct 2013.

Tamalie
 player, 292 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 30 Oct 2013
at 02:07
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Raising an eyebrow about the mention of oracle, and magic, and Cylithrea, Tamalie considers the point, thinking it would be difficult to nay say against magic, as there is always something or someone out there that can do something amazing that she hasn't seen before.


"These..soothsayers? Where do we have to go to see them?"
Morien
 player, 328 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 30 Oct 2013
at 02:21
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 "They have a tent on the outskirts of town, in an opening by the canal. We actually passed by it when we first entered the city by boat."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 394 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 30 Oct 2013
at 04:22
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil gave a shrug of his shoulders. "I'll go if that's the consensus. Got nothin' 'gainst gypsies, soothsayers an' fortune-tellers." He gave a look at his team and smirked. "Or sword-wieldin' icicles, hot druids, or fiery-tempered Oracles fer that matter."
Morien
 player, 330 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 31 Oct 2013
at 00:18
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 "It may be best if we go to the organization that destroys these knives first though. Having a piece of a knife... or a whole knife for that matter... would work far better than Cylithea's brush.

 ... though I should warn you. Pay as much heed to which sister speaks as to what is said. Three sisters peer into time, past, present, and future. One hears lore now lost, and one finds that which needs be found."


 When he spoke the last, it sounded almost like something he recited from memory.
Aden Bero
 player, 459 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 4 Nov 2013
at 21:33
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Do we have any choice over which provides us the answers." The juggler doubted the answer would be yes.
Morien
 player, 333 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 4 Nov 2013
at 22:33
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien shakes his head. "All of them answer the question, each filtered through their own unique Sight. The best that can be done is to take heed of which Sister is speaking at any given time."
Mr. Main
 GM, 627 posts
Thu 7 Nov 2013
at 00:58
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Percival sends an aide to get a quill, ink and paper. Once he has those he begins to write up the letter. He then seals it with the pommel of a small silver dagger. He then hands it over to one of you whoever is closet or indicates they want it.

<brown>"It looks like this debriefing is at it's end. Thank you for your assistance last night. though we did not lure the culprit out we appreciate the effort and enthusiasm. If you discover anything new please share it with us. If you'll excuse me."</brown. and with that the stern captain known as Stephan left.

OOC: Ok once I figure out what time it is exactly I'll be moving you along to meeting with the victim's memorial organization. if there is any last thing you wish to say or do with the pallies now is the time.
Mr. Main
 GM, 628 posts
Thu 7 Nov 2013
at 21:27
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Percival gives you guys directions to where the memorial organization office is located. It's a small office on the second story of a warehouse at the docks not to far from the site of Zsasz's ruined forge. you head up the steps to find that the door is locked. you knock on it and after a few minutes you see a small young woman open the door a crack. Just enough for her to see your faces, but not enough for you to come in. Unless of course you decided to force the door open. You could probably bowl her over quite easily to get into the office.

"Can I help you?"
Aden Bero
 player, 461 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 10 Nov 2013
at 23:50
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden steps forward, bowing his head and handing the letter from Percival to the girl. "I am Aden Bero, of the Temple of Many Mysteries, and these are my friends.  We are members of Novice Team Arcadia.  This letter is from Percival, Grandmaster of the Radiant Dawn.  It recommends us to speak with Jaspar regarding an issue of grave importance."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:52, Sun 10 Nov 2013.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 399 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 11 Nov 2013
at 06:28
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil lets Aden take the lead. He is a bit more of the talker than Dustil is, after all.
Mr. Main
 GM, 630 posts
Sat 16 Nov 2013
at 00:18
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"The letter please." the young woman asks. She opens the door a little more so you could hand it to her.
Aden Bero
 player, 463 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 16 Nov 2013
at 15:13
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden extends the letter to the girl.
Mr. Main
 GM, 633 posts
Sun 17 Nov 2013
at 21:50
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
the young woman takes the letter and closes the door. after a few minutes she opens it again "this way please." once all of you walk through the door she closes it and leads you through the small office over to a small corner. A short bald slightly overweight old man looks up at you from the small wooden chair he is sitting in. In front of him is a small desk covered in ledgers, letters and notes.

"So you're trying to catch a killer using a Zsasz knife and you think we can help. How?"
Morien
 player, 337 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 17 Nov 2013
at 22:11
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien had been taking up the rear and it is he who speaks up. "We are planning on asking the help of the Blackfrost Seers to determine his location. Having a piece of one, even a broken one, could help to locate the murderer. In exchange, we will do what we can to turn this new knife over to you for destruction."
Mr. Main
 GM, 635 posts
Thu 21 Nov 2013
at 02:03
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Wish I could be of help, but once we destroy a knife the pieces are not kept. They are either entirely slagged, thrown into the river or reused to forge something else; usually construction material."

"A couple of the families may have kept pieces."

"I guess it's possible."
Morien
 player, 339 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 22 Nov 2013
at 06:52
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien nodded. "Then would it be possible for you to introduce us to someone who may have kept a piece of the knife?"
Aden Bero
 player, 464 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 23 Nov 2013
at 19:44
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Aye,any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. We'll be respectful to the victim families."

13:44, Today: Aden Bero rolled 21 using 1d20+10. diplomacy.
Mr. Main
 GM, 636 posts
Sun 24 Nov 2013
at 03:14
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Alright, we'll see if we have anything in our records that mentions any families keeping shards. Cally, start checking while I finish up here. Where can we send word to you if we find anything. this could take hours maybe longer."
Aden Bero
 player, 473 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 10 Dec 2013
at 19:09
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Alright, thanks.  Please send word to the drunken monkey and let us know if you find anything."

When the group departs, Aden suggests, "We should go by Cylithrea's to check on her and see if we can borrow a personal effect for the oracle sisters."  Assuming no one disagrees, Aden leads the way.