Meeting with the Dawn (in the past, couple days before)   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Morien
 player, 207 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 6 Jan 2013
at 08:37
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien took off his helmet as he entered. He sighed as Tamalie took the opportunity to speak first. She was very direct... which is not always a good thing.

 "We're looking for Kyle Luther. We heard that he might be able to help us find..."

 He paused a short while, glaring at Tamalie before finishing his sentence. "... something."
Tamalie
 player, 163 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 6 Jan 2013
at 08:44
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Seeing the glare, the druid kows she must have said something more than she should have. Finding that happening often, she looks away from his gaze, biting at her bottom lip a little.
Aden Bero
 player, 286 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 6 Jan 2013
at 18:18
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden looks to Dustil, "Should we try and find a store that's still open?"  He scans over the building, looking for signs of anyone within.

Is it one story?  Are there any lights on or anything?
Take 20 perception, 23 total

This message was last edited by the player at 18:21, Sun 06 Jan 2013.

Mr. Main
 GM, 415 posts
Mon 7 Jan 2013
at 21:35
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Tamalie and Morien

"I see. Unfortunately Mr. Luther is a busy man, but let's see if I can help you find what you need. I personally don't know much about knives, but if it is in our catalog then we either have it or know someone who does."

The woman behind the counter pulls out three large leather bound ledgers and places them on the counter.

"We'll let's start with what kind of item it is. Obviously a knife, but what sort of knife? Is it a dagger, kukri, throwing knife, stiletto, some sort ceremonial or ornamental knife? Is it a knife that belonged to a famous individual, was made by a famous smith or has some sort of history? Is it an enchanted knife? Anything that can help narrow down our search."

Aden and Dustil

Aden searches around the building for a good long while. It is a two story building. All of the first floor and half of the second seem to be devoted to the store. the rest seems to be offices and a couple small apartments. Around the back of Marin and Kern you find a large metal door that opens vertically, obviously for deliveries, and a rear entrance. On the other side you see a door that is obviously meant for those who use the offices and apartments. you do not see any lights on inside the store. there are lights on in a few of the windows of the offices and or apartments.
Tamalie
 player, 164 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Tue 8 Jan 2013
at 03:31
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Shrugging her shoulders, Tamalie wasn't all that sure about any of the details. "It was a knife." She repeats before looking to Morien who she thinks might know more about weapons, or at least must know more than her.
Aden Bero
 player, 287 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 8 Jan 2013
at 05:01
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden's youthful days of trouble-making come back in a rush, and without even thinking he's picking up pebbles and other small objects nearby, tossing them at lit windows in hopes that someone will answer.
Morien
 player, 208 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 8 Jan 2013
at 05:33
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien rubbed his chin. "Well... infamous smith would be a more suitable title. 'Zsasz' is the name of both the smith and the knife. I am not sure if it is magical or not... but it could possibly be cursed."
Mr. Main
 GM, 416 posts
Wed 9 Jan 2013
at 00:27
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
the woman looks through the binders for about ten minutes "well you are in luck. It seems like we have one. It is currently on sale for 1500 gold pieces. Would you like to buy it?"
Tamalie
 player, 165 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 9 Jan 2013
at 03:03
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Excited by the prospect of seeing what the knife looks like, she asks immediately, Can we see it?!" She steps closer, and looks to see what the catalog asking, "Does your catalog mention who sold the knife? Like if we were to buy it, would people be able to tell that I bought the knife?"
Morien
 player, 209 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 9 Jan 2013
at 05:48
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien looked at Tamalie for a moment and smiled. Morien wasn't looking at Tamalie so she couldn't see it, but his eyes gleamed in a most unpleasant way. "Yes, might we be able to see it?"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 243 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 9 Jan 2013
at 06:45
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil looked around with a wary eye. "Iiiiiiiiiii'm not so sure anyone's here. Or that we should bother them. It looks...closed. Very closed." He chuckled slightly nervously.
Aden Bero
 player, 288 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 9 Jan 2013
at 18:25
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
The oracle kept right on lightly throwing rocks at the various lit windows.  "I just want to get their attention.  I'll be polite."  As polite as one could be while being a late-night pest.  Dustil gets the sense Aden isn't quite in his right mind.  The Oracle was still ready to boil over because of what had been done to Cylithrea.  Women were meant to be protected.  Yeah, Aden had broken a few hearts, but he would never intentionally hurt a woman.  His mind was clouded with thoughts of breaking some sicko's neck.

He was an impulsive, action oriented guy to begin with.  So right now, he felt the need to be doing something, no matter how ridiculous it might seem.
Mr. Main
 GM, 417 posts
Wed 9 Jan 2013
at 22:23
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Morien and Tamalie

"Sure that could be arranged. Items of such value are not kept out front in the shop. I would need to get permission from Mr. Luther to remove it from storage and I would need a 75 gold deposit. To make sure you are serious about buying it. It is listed as a class B item in our ledger. Which means rare and often wanted or owned by sometimes dangerous individuals."

Aden and Dustil

After several minutes of tossing pebbles finally someone opens one of the windows. It is an older man in his mid fifties. "What the hell do you hooligans want?"
Tamalie
 player, 166 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 10 Jan 2013
at 04:20
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Looking at Morien, she looks back to the woman, asking, "Class B?" And then with a thought occurring to her, she asks, "Are you sure you couldn't get Kyle Luther?"

She steps closer, hoping for a gander at the catalog/ledger. "I know you want to make sure we're serious, but we were hoping to talk more about the knife and the history some. We were told Mr. Luther was the person to talk to when it comes to these knives."
Morien
 player, 210 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 10 Jan 2013
at 08:37
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien looked at Tamalie for a long moment before looking back at the lady. "The truth of the matter is that we have come to make sure the knife is still in your possession. A paladin was murdered the other night. The murderer was using one of these knives... we're here to make sure he wasn't using this knife."
Aden Bero
 player, 289 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 10 Jan 2013
at 22:35
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden replies to the man, calling out.  "My apologies sir, but we aren't hooligans.  I know the hour is late, but I am Aden Bero, this is my friend Dustil Kraye, and we are of Team Arcadia, which your store outfitted earlier this morning.  We come not for ourselves, but to seek your aid regarding a criminal.  He is using an item an exotic merchant like yourself might be able to help us locate.  A close friend of ours, a poor girl, was beaten nearly to death, barely escaping thanks to the final sacrifice of a fallen paladin of the Radiant Dawn.  You would be doing all of Arcadia a great service if you could give us but a few moments to ask some questions."

16:34, Today: Aden Bero rolled 15 using 1d20+9. diplomacy.
Mr. Main
 GM, 418 posts
Fri 11 Jan 2013
at 13:47
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
tamlie and morien OOC: make a diplomacy or some other check.

"Aden and Dustil

"If you want help with criminal go to the Guard. That's what they are there for. I don't see how bothering an old man whose trying to enjoy a quiet night could help you."
Tamalie
 player, 167 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 11 Jan 2013
at 13:59
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Please", pleads Tamalie.

ooc- bombed the roll. Rolled a 1 for a total of 9
Aden Bero
 player, 290 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 11 Jan 2013
at 16:13
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"We've already been to the guard. They've recruited us to help them. We've already learned about an item on the killer's possession, one you could help us track down.  Please, time is of the essence.  Odds are he'll kill again tonight if we can't find him.  You could be a hero, help save a life."


Lot of half-truths and things that are true but Aden wouldn't know.
10:13, Today: Aden Bero rolled 16 using 1d20+9. diplomacy.
10:12, Today: Aden Bero rolled 7 using 1d20+4. bluff.

Morien
 player, 211 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 11 Jan 2013
at 23:33
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Despite his menacing demeanor, Morien often had a knack for getting people to do what he wanted. "Our only goal here is to catch someone who is trying to harm innocent people. We have no agenda other than that."


OOC: Heh, natural 20 :P
17:30, Today: Morien rolled 23 using 1d20+3. diplomacy.
Mr. Main
 GM, 419 posts
Sat 12 Jan 2013
at 04:19
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Tamalie and Morien

The woman closes the ledgers. She looks at the two of your for a handful of seconds and then sighs "Please wait here. I'll ask Mr. Luther if we can make an exception." She then walks away from the counter, walks up the couple stairs and through the wooden door. She is gone for several minutes. She returns and is followed by a tall thing blonde man with very short hair wearing a pair of spectacles and a very fine looking dark grey suit of a style you have not seen before.

"Normally I'd fire someone for bothering me over nonsense like this. But, as a favor to Alice I'm giving you two minutes and nothing more. Be quick and make it worth my time or the three of you can leave together."

Aden and Dustil

"Recruited you? Damn this town's going ta hell if that's true. Alright come on up lad you're just gonna keep on pestering people anyway. But no more of those bullshit attempts to appeal to my vanity or I'm kicking you out; through the window." the old man then closes the window. half a minute later you see the side door open and the old man waves you in. He leads your up the stairs and into his small apartment. he sits down at a small table, takes out a pipe, knocks ash out of it into a small ceramic bowl on the oak table in front of him and stuffs some more tabaco into it. he looks at the two of you. "Well what are you waiting for an invitation? Sit down." he pulls a small amtch from his pocket strikes it and lights his pipe and begins to puff.
Morien
 player, 212 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 12 Jan 2013
at 04:48
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien nods. "We learned about this place from a friend of my friend here. We are trying to track down someone who has killed a paladin and almost killed one of the townsfolk.

 The one thing we have managed to learn is the type of knife used. Since there are so few of these knives made, it should be easy to track him down if we can track down the knives. Of course, there is a distinct possibility that our target could have stolen the knife in question."



 "So, if I could persuade you to go get the knife in question and you can show me that you still have possession of it, I will give you 75 gold for your trouble. If the knife is gone, then perhaps we could get some information out of you so that we may be able to return it to you?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 420 posts
Sat 12 Jan 2013
at 15:18
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
tamlie and morien

"75 gold isn't worth the time it would take to get a rare item from storage personally. If it was stolen I would know about it. Besides why should I care about some Paladin? you've used up thirty seconds. Alice you better start getting your things together. What's this friends name?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:18, Sat 12 Jan 2013.

Tamalie
 player, 168 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 12 Jan 2013
at 17:56
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Shocked by how callous the man is, Tamalie's mouth dropped open, and out of outrage, she looks at him, and says, "Are you serious? You don't care if someone died?"

Looking to Alice, she is hoping for some notice of compassion from the woman. "The knife was used to attempt to go after an innocent person. The reason you should care is because you must know innocent people too. A friend, your mother, your wife. Imagine them needing help, and you didn't do what you could to help them? There's a murderer out there, and we're trying to stop him. Is there anyone who would have used this zsass knife to kill someone recently in Arcadia?"
Aden Bero
 player, 291 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 12 Jan 2013
at 18:12
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden follows the man up, and sits as commanded.  He considers loading his own pipe, but rethinks it, on account of the situation and the old man's courtesy.

"Thanks for your time, we'll be brief.  Last night a man attacked a woman we know in an alley.  She's one of the sweetest, prettiest, best barmaids in the Alliance, and he beat her to hell, tormented her, threatening to cut out her eyes, and would've made good on his promise.  But a paladin of the Radiant Heart intervened, and lost his life.  He told the woman to flee, so we think he suspected his own death, but he bought her enough time to escape.  From her description of the killer's weapon, we know it is a Zsasz knife.  You've heard of them, no?"  If not, Aden explains the weapon and its history, continuing, "The body of the paladin looked like a bad science dissection by the time the killer was done.  He's obviously crazy, and we have every reason to expect he'll strike again.  We're hoping you can point us in the right direction to tracking down this knife."