Meeting with the Dawn (in the past, couple days before)   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Dustil Kraye
 player, 251 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 5 Feb 2013
at 20:34
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil beamed a smile at Tamalie when she praised Aden and himself. He liked to make her happy when he could. She was very nice to him. He didn't like the thought of her being bait still...but he knew her mind was made up.

"I still don't like this but I don't have a better suggestion other than pursuing the place where the knives were made or more digging to find out information rather than going the bait route."
Aden Bero
 player, 298 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 7 Feb 2013
at 06:35
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden shrugged his shoulders regarding Cylithrea's relation to Zsasz's victims.  "We can ask her in the morning, but she should probably just rest tonight.  Let's head to the Zsasz old smith site, see if there's anything that might help, maybe a notice that points us to this group of victim's families or something."


Everyone agree?  We go check out this vacant lot real quick, see if there's anything there.  If so, we reevaluate. If not, we can go ahead and try using Tam as bait (after we drag Morien out of his inn!), and do more digging tomorrow in the light of day.
Tamalie
 player, 175 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 8 Feb 2013
at 03:42
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Nodding her head, Tamalie would like to examine the options before settling for being bait.

"Yes, that sounds good. Maybe there is even something there that might let us know more about the history. A marker or tribute to the victims might give us some names. It might be a long shot, and not even there, but we should look."

She looks ready to head out with the two.
Mr. Main
 GM, 433 posts
Sun 10 Feb 2013
at 13:59
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
The group of you head out towards the vacant lot. It takes you about twenty minutes to reach. The streets are more of less deserted except for a patrol of Paladins making a sweep. It seems that with the paladin's out in force and the news about the attack most people are staying inside tonight. In the center of the lot is the ruins of what was once a smithy. It slightly overgrown with grass and various weeds, though a pathway leading to a stone bench in it's center surrounded by the ruins has been been kept clean. In front of the bench is a large stone with a brass plate. the brass plate has the names of all the victims on it.
Tamalie
 player, 176 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 10 Feb 2013
at 14:09
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Tamalie comments at the near barren streets, "Doesn't look like there's a good chance to find someone out on these streets tonight. Perhaps even the murderer will be staying indoors to minimize his chance of being discovered."

Getting to the vacant lot, Tamalie is very eager to see the names on the brass plaque. She wants to see if there is any connection to the names, a pattern, a family. She can only assume that the victims were all female, but she'd like to see this list.

She'll run down the path, if she can see the marker in her rush.
Mr. Main
 GM, 434 posts
Sun 10 Feb 2013
at 14:14
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Tamalie reaches the stone and reads the names. There are a lot of them. It seems the killer had not cared about gender; killing men women and even children. Tamalie could tell that bit since the age of each victim at death was included.

If you want to see if there was a pattern or something to the killings make knowledge checks that you think might apply, Intelligence, wisdom and sense motive checks.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:45, Sun 10 Feb 2013.

Tamalie
 player, 177 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 10 Feb 2013
at 14:38
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"There's a lot of names. I can't believe any person could do this." Her shoulders slump, and her face shows some sadness over the ages of some of the victims.

What does everyone else make out of this? I'm going to try and cast a detection spell, see if there's more to this."

ooc-Casting detect magic on the brass plate, and then the area.
Aden Bero
 player, 300 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 10 Feb 2013
at 19:16
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
If they encounter a paladin patrol in route to the site, Aden makes sure to update them on all the information they've gathered, sparse though it might be.

Arriving, Aden stands beside Tam and looks over the names somberly, searcing for any pattern or hint.

13:15, Today: Aden Bero rolled 16 using 1d20. wisdom.
13:15, Today: Aden Bero rolled 19 using 1d20+2. intelligence.
13:15, Today: Aden Bero rolled 22 using 1d20+6. knowledge history.
13:14, Today: Aden Bero rolled 10 using 1d20+4. sense motive.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:17, Sun 10 Feb 2013.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 252 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 13 Feb 2013
at 07:19
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil peeked over Tamalie's shoulder to read the plate. He didn't quite manage to stifle the sigh at seeing all the names. Such a brutal waste. He was glad the original killer was already dead so he couldn't harm others but....this new one needed to be nipped in the bad fast!

00:18, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 22 using 1d20+8. Sense Motive.
00:18, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 6 using 1d20+3. Wisdom.
00:17, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 19 using 1d20. Intelligence.

Mr. Main
 GM, 435 posts
Thu 14 Feb 2013
at 01:49
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
By putting your collective heads together and talking it out you come to the conclusion that the only real pattern to the victims was that they all seemed to live or work in or near the docks where Zsasz's workshop was found. He wasn't particularly picky about his victim. It seems like if the opportunity came and a potential victim was vulnerable he struck. In particular you can find no connection to Cyli. The vast majority of the victims seemed to be humans and none of them had names remotely similar to hers.

The only real tie between this killer and the mad smith seems to be the knife.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 254 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 14 Feb 2013
at 14:44
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil frowned and let out a sigh. "All I see is the docks. No other connection. Now what?"
Aden Bero
 player, 301 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 14 Feb 2013
at 16:08
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"We try and find this bastard.  Let's go drag Morien out of bed.  And maybe we can find Will also.  Aden starts heading off toward Morien's inn.

OOC: Will, are you with us?  You said you came to the Drunken Monkey, but nothing past that.
Tamalie
 player, 178 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 16 Feb 2013
at 15:57
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Twisting her lips into a frown, Tamalie isn't able to come up with much more than the others on this.

"Yea, I think that the killer struck out at innocent victims by chance. Location seemed to be the biggest factor, right? Maybe this copy cat has murdered others already in the area? Maybe if there are other victims, we'll have an area to explore as the murderer's home or work area. That's my best guess anyway."


"I think Morien went to bed because he was tired or exhausted. Unless we keep on going, we should consider going to bed ourselves too. We have more information than we started, but not enough to really get anywhere other than a guess, and hope we get lucky. What do we have next to go on, or to investigate?"
Aden Bero
 player, 302 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 17 Feb 2013
at 15:56
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Nothing, but I'm ready to try trapping this guy.  The Radiant Heart is out in full force, the guard is on alert.  This is perhaps the best chance we'll ever have to catch him."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 255 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 17 Feb 2013
at 22:40
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil scratched his head. "I dunno. Actually...with all the patrols out looking? This is the worst time to catch him. If I were out to do some evil deeds, I would wait until the 'heat' had died down so I'd be less likely t'be caught, y'know?" He paused and looked at them both. "Or does that sound stupid?"
Tamalie
 player, 179 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Tue 19 Feb 2013
at 02:12
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Tamalie adds her own thoughts. "That does make sense that a logical murderer would avoid as much authority as possible. And I do think having more people would result in a better chance of catching him. But I also think with as many soldiers and city watch there is on this, it's more likely them, rather than us that catches him. More of them, then us is my own real reason for saying that."

Looking at both men, she is not happy about leaving things unsolved, but she points out, "I'd be sooner inclined to get some rest, and then go see the radiant dawn and city watch again tomorrow, and compare details. They could continue to keep working while we're sleeping, and we can start fresh. I want to catch this murderer too, I just doubt the details we have are enough to do anything other than hope we get lucky, and stumble upon them. I'm voting for rest, and meeting up again. I think you guys would keep going if I did, but what would you vote, keep going, or try again tomorrow?"
Aden Bero
 player, 305 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 19 Feb 2013
at 19:19
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Fresh?  We lolled around all day, and that fight with Las and Pal got me loosened up.  We've still got plenty to throw at this asshole, and he didn't get his target last night."

"You assume he's logical minded, I say he's a psycho, and if we dangle an imposter target in front of him, he'll go for it.  We just need to put enough space between us and the patrols to make it tempting for him.  And we need to work on your disguise Tam.  You look close, but I want him to really believe it Cyli he's coming at."

Tamalie
 player, 180 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 20 Feb 2013
at 04:39
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Twisting her lips into a frown, she looks torn, "You're making this hard to give up."

She walks closer, and asks, "If I were a killer going after a specific target, and that's the role I'm trying to impersonate, then we need to go back to the Druken Monkey, don't we? Take the same path she would have taken. It'd be silly to think that Cyli would ever walk home alone, we could likely pull off a man as an escort. Try and down play the skills of the man, say like a drunken man, that might seem plausible. Or at least close enough to a weak couple who are an easy target. How would we have help close enough nearby, but far enough to lure a killer?"
Aden Bero
 player, 306 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 20 Feb 2013
at 18:26
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden starts gently pushing the pair along with him as they begin discussing, moving in the direction of the Monkey.

"Well, for starters lets keep our voices low as we discuss.  You're definitely on the right track, Tam.  I've a little experience as an untrained actor (+4 perform act, +4 bluff, +9 diplomacy), so perhaps I could pull of the role of drunken escort.  Dustil, of course, has been seen stumbling around all over the city, so he could be a good choice also.  Plus, since his strength is melee, he might make the better choice for when this guy closes in."

"As for the distance of patrols, we can get word to the Radiant Heart to give us a bit of space.  I'm not sure about the regular guard, it doesn't sound like you won enough brownie points with them that they'd take our requests seriously.  But I'm banking on this guy trying anyways.  But, we held our own against the paladins earlier, and if Will is still at the monkey, that means there will be four of us total against this one psycho.  I'll take those odds."

Dustil Kraye
 player, 257 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 21 Feb 2013
at 16:09
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil listened quietly. He didn't react to Aden's words outwardly. He did drunkenly stumble a lot, that was kind of what a drunken master did, so he definitely didn't take offense. He liked drinking.

He just didn't like the plan or putting Tamalie in harm's way. And he wasn't so sure about anyone doing anything illegal while the patrols were out in such force. But since Tamalie was caving in to Aden's persistence, he kept his mouth shut.
Tamalie
 player, 181 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 22 Feb 2013
at 04:19
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Lowering her voice, she suggests, "Okay, let's head back to the Drunken Monkey, and let's see if we can find one of the patrols around the area. We can let them know what we have in mind, and see if Will is still there."

She looks ready to head off and keep the conversation going if need be while moving.
Aden Bero
 player, 307 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 22 Feb 2013
at 15:52
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden keeps an eye out for a Radiant Heart patrol on the way back to the Monkey.
Mr. Main
 GM, 439 posts
Wed 27 Feb 2013
at 03:49
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: Ok if you guys go looking for a patrol you can find one. if you are just heading straight back to the monkey I'd have to roll to see if you bump into one. So which is it?
Tamalie
 player, 182 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 27 Feb 2013
at 03:56
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
ooc-let's go looking for the patrol. It'd be good to have them on the look out for us.
Aden Bero
 player, 308 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 28 Feb 2013
at 00:39
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
ooc: Yeah, seek them out, let them know we're going to try baiting this guy, and give a little space if they can.