Meeting with the Dawn (in the past, couple days before)   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Mr. Main
 GM, 441 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2013
at 12:56
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Within 10 minutes you manage to find a patrol of the Radiant Dawn's (just a little ribbing on Aden) patrols. After a minute or explanation of who you are and what you are doing out they are prepared to listen to your request. "How can we be of assistance?" one of them asks.
Aden Bero
 player, 312 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 28 Feb 2013
at 23:12
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Well, we've done our damndest over the past few hours to track the knife down, or see if such is even possible.  But we've got it on good authority that such a tactic is futile, so we've decided to take your commander's suggestion and try and use an imposter victim as bait.  However, the streets are crawling with patrols, both your order and the city watch, and we're worried the killer won't make a move with you guys breathing down our necks.  Soooo, maybe you could give us a little room to try and lure him in."

"Oh, and ask your commander what he knows about Kyle Luther.  The man admitted he has a Zsasz knife amongst his inventory, but refused to let our party even look at it, even if we paid his 75gp fee to display it.  It could've just been personal, but you think a business man would be willing to play along with those willing to pay.  And it sounds like he was pretty hostile about the situation."
Tamalie
 player, 183 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 1 Mar 2013
at 00:52
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Tamalie raised her hand when Aden spoke of bait for the killer, trying to alert the patrol that she would be the bait. And when Aden spoke of the dastardly Kyle Luther, she very emphatically nodded her head in agreement.

She even pointed out, "Yea, he's a little off, he threatened his employee with being fired for her efforts in us trying to see the dagger. Everything seemed to be about him being in control, and that if were to report him to the authorities, he said he would make our families pay the consequences. He's just a bully."
Mr. Main
 GM, 442 posts
Sat 2 Mar 2013
at 04:43
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
He walks a few steps away and touches an earing on his right ear. After a few moments he comes back. "We could adjust our patrol pattern to give you several blocks for space for a while. Tell us where you would want to try and bait him?"
Tamalie
 player, 184 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 3 Mar 2013
at 04:01
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Looking back at the others for confidence, Tamalie starts to speak a little unsure if the details are absolutely correct, but her friends can correct her if she got it wrong.

"Around the Drunken Monkey. We were going to walk around there, since we think the original woman attacked was working there. So a few blocks around it will probably be our route. I'm thinking we should probably be circling around the until someone reacts, or we get tired. But I think we could find a patrol and let them know when we stop trying to bait the attacker."

Taking a deep breath, she gives a half smile, trying to show that she feels it'll be okay.
Aden Bero
 player, 313 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 3 Mar 2013
at 05:29
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"It might be better to travel from the Drunken Monkey to the area in which Cylithrea lives.  If this guy has been watching her, that's the path he'll be expecting her to follow."
Aden Bero
 player, 314 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 3 Mar 2013
at 16:58
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Any chance we can borrow one of those earpieces, to stay in communication with you guys?"

10:57, Today: Aden Bero rolled 29 using 1d20+9. diplomacy.
Mr. Main
 GM, 444 posts
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 04:42
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"No. I'm not authorized to hand out our equipment. Besides it would not work for you. I'm not allowed to explain why and truth be told I don't understand much of how it works.

There are three options. First is that we can create a corridor that will be a hole in our patrol pattern along the route you indicate. We can make it a block or two wide and however long. This way you are never that far from a possible patrol. The problem with it is that if the villain is hiding and not moving because of our activity then he might not want to risk acting with patrols still in the area.

 The second option is that we move every active patrol out of this section and make it looks like our search here is over. But that might draw out others besides the target and we will be to far away to be of any real assistance should something happen.

The last options is a compromise between the two. We pull out all but one patrol group from the area. It makes it look like our attention is elsewhere, but leaves an active patrol available to assist. Unless of course you have any ideas?"

Dustil Kraye
 player, 260 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 04:50
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil listened to the options carefully and weighed each in his mind. He spoke slowly and then looked to Tamalie. "I would pick the third option myself but it's up to Tamalie."
Tamalie
 player, 185 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 05:50
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
The slump in her shoulders how how happy she is that it's up to her. "I'd hate to give up the chance that we let this murderer go because we played it too safe. I'd go with the third option so that there's someone nearby. The murderer obviously felt going after a single warrior was within his abilities, so maybe a single patrol might not scare them away."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 261 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 05:56
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil put an arm around Tamalie's slumped shoulders. "Don't worry, I'll be by your side an' I won't let anythin' to happen to you." He gave her what he hoped was an encouraging smile.
Aden Bero
 player, 315 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 15:55
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden nodded with the third option.  "Then we'll be heading to the Drunken Monkey, and leaving from there shortly."
Tamalie
 player, 186 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 03:51
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Thankful for Dustil, she pats him on the arm. "Alright, let's get this over with."

She'll head back to Drunken Monkey, and once there, she'll go back and check on the waitresses there, looking to see if there's anything that might make them stand out, such as a blouse, or the way they wear their hair. She'll try and recall if there was anything that stood out that might make a convincing disguise.
Mr. Main
 GM, 445 posts
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 04:40
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
The group heads back to the monkey...unless anyone wants to do something else...

Bear lets you in and Tamlie heads over to where the waitresses are; passed out huddled together on a large bed in what looks like bear's room. After letting you back in he heads over to the bar and stares into an empty glass. His Axe is still sticking out of the bar about a foot to his right. well with in his grasp, though it's hard to imagine that he'd be able to free it in time to be of any real use.

As Tamalie looks over Cyli she notices that they are pretty similar. Both are petite blonde half elves and are about the same age. there are some differences though. Cyli has her long hair split into two heavily braided tails. Right now it's a torn, disheveled knotted mess, but you remember it being very well done and how well it complimented and highlighted her cute, playful and bright personality.

 Another difference which Tamalie must have noticed earlier, but after seeing the other girl so often pushed to the back of her mind. Is that Cyli wears more flattering and revealing clothing. Bare shoulders with a low cut blouse that hugs her figure and a dress that stops just above her knees. Though she was wearing a cloak on her way home so differences in clothing shouldn't be an issue.

though Cyli's eyes are closed now Tamalie remembers them being blue.
Tamalie
 player, 187 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 05:08
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"I can braid my hair like that, but the outfit is a little different." Looking to Bear, she asks, "For the sake of catching this criminal, is there an extra skirt, or blouse? I can probably gather some string or cloth to tie the braids. What about a cloak? Can I borrow one that might match in color?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 446 posts
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 21:57
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
He absently waves at you with one hand. "A couple of the girls live here. If you can find something in their stuff feel free to borrow it."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 262 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 6 Mar 2013
at 05:30
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil wanted nothing more than a drink. But he was REALLY hesitant to ask since he was a bit worried that Bear might explode again. So he sat still and suffered in silence, looking a bit miserable as he stared at the bar forlornly and waited.
Tamalie
 player, 188 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 6 Mar 2013
at 14:01
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Thank you." She quickly offers. She carefully walks over to the area suggested, and she is hesitant to go through the clothes, since Bear offered other people's things. She'll pick up one blouse or skirt, whatever is on top, and then decide that it just feels wrong to take something of someone else's without their permission. But without something, she's not going to be able to pull off looking like Cyli. She finds a cloak, and hopes that the girl won't it being borrowed.


Looking back at her companions, she has a look of uncomfortableness, biting at her lip.  Putting the cloak around her shoulders, she heads back over to her companions, and starts to finish up the braiding of her hair, cutting off a little material from her own clothing to create a tie for her two braids.

Checking on her sling, and dagger, she's set. "Ready? Dustil, you're the one I think could pull off a disarmed drunk best."

She'll head off outside, leaving the cloak down around her shoulders to bare her head and face. She thinks that could be convincing enough to fool anyone looking to try a second time.
Aden Bero
 player, 316 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 6 Mar 2013
at 19:43
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden assists Tamalie with her disguise.  He lets her look through the clothing, but encourages her when she hesitates, replying, "It's for a good cause, Tam, and I'll pay for anything we can't return.  We really need you to look the part, though.  What if this guy can see through the cloak somehow?  He'll know it's not Cyl if you're looking all prim and proper beneath."  Aden continues to encourage her until she's found suitable attire.

Rolled a 7 on my disguise check, but then read in the skill description the check is made secretly by the DM so that players don't know how good the disguise is or isn't.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:44, Wed 06 Mar 2013.

Tamalie
 player, 189 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 7 Mar 2013
at 04:28
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden's support convinces her to grab a a few pieces of clothing after all. A blouse, and a skirt. That will help pull off a tavern servant damsel much better than her leather armor.

Grabbing them, she needs to step out of the room, and finds a quiet area, where the others can't see her. There she undresses out of her leather armor, and gets dressed in the skirt and blouse. And once dressed, she has to admit that she's not normally the type to wear such an outfit. It's not that she's never worn a dress, it's just they are not the most practical of outfit.

Coming back out into the room, she quickly grabs the cloak, and puts it over her flimsy outfit. With Aden trying to help her out, she takes the assistance, and asks at the end, "What do you think? Convincing?"
Aden Bero
 player, 318 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 7 Mar 2013
at 07:27
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"I think between you and our DD, Dustil-- Aden stopped. Having a particularly oracular moment, he gave Dustil a look of profound significance.

"Between you and Triple D, I think this asshole's gonna get more than he bargained for." Aden gave a confident, humorous smile, but he was obviously tense.  You could tell he was nervous for Tamalie, but trying to put on a brave front.

He had a thought, and reached into his backpack, looking for something.  The task seemed twice as long as it would for most, as though the juggler was rather unorganized, and he even muttered something about meddling bastards under his breath.  But quick enough, he'd fished out two scrolls, and laid out his plan.  "I'll have these ready if he attacks.  Hopefully, if I can catch him unaware as he makes his move, I can disarm him.  But, as soon as I can get to you, I'll give you a shield of divine energy.  Can you summon us some battle support?  If so, I'll time a sanctuary spell to give you the seconds you need to cast the spell."  Aden was carefully weighing all his abilities and tactics.  His friends needed him to be sharp.
Tamalie
 player, 190 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 7 Mar 2013
at 13:32
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
With the way Aden said that, she pulls the cloak tighter over her, and gives him the look.

Nodding her head, she says, "Yes" to the summoning spell. "And right now, I have a few spells of concealment using fog. So if we have to confuse them, that might work. Or maybe if things don't go well, we can use it for escape. But hopefully we'll overwhelm the murderer rather than the reverse."

She makes sure her dagger is secure, and
Mr. Main
 GM, 448 posts
Sat 9 Mar 2013
at 02:35
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOc: Ok just making sure I get your plan right. Tamalie and Dustil walking together aimlessly through the area, with Aden skulking somewhere in the background?
Tamalie
 player, 191 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 9 Mar 2013
at 03:01
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
You make it sound more simple and foolish than the elaborate plan we were describing, but yes. ;)
Dustil Kraye
 player, 265 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 10 Mar 2013
at 05:30
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil took a drink from his flask and even dribbled a bit on him to get the smell there. Almost as if he had been drunk before and knew what to do. Funny that! He made sure that he wouldn't trip up Tamalie but definitely had the drunken 'swagger' when he walked as if he was barely able to stay up but was excited about taking a pretty girl home.