Meeting with the Dawn (in the past, couple days before)   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Aden Bero
 player, 320 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 10 Mar 2013
at 18:35
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"How far back do you both want me?"

OOC:  If Aden double moves, he can cover 80 ft.  If he has the room to run, he can cover 160' per round.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:36, Sun 10 Mar 2013.

Tamalie
 player, 192 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 13 Mar 2013
at 23:29
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Are you really sneaky? Can you hang back about 100 feet or so and not be heard? Or maybe you should lead the way, and that way anyone who sees you past may decide that we are the easier target, and wait till you pass thinking after us will be no one."

She really doesn't see any difference in Aden being in front or behind, but threw it out there as an idea.
Aden Bero
 player, 321 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 15 Mar 2013
at 01:16
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Eh, I've been called a sneaky rascal once or twice in my day.  Though I usually blew it by proudly shouting my deeds from the nearest tabletop, or bar top once I got a little older.  But, truthfully, I should probably stay back 150 feet or so, just to give you guys plenty of space.  And keep in mind that if I'm sneaking along, you guys will have to go a bit slower so as to not outpace me."


+7 stealth, +5 if in my armor and buckler.  Not great at the end of the day.
Aden Bero
 player, 323 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 15 Mar 2013
at 14:20
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
At the last second, just before they exit, Aden pulls out a glue bomb he took off the rich kid, offering it to either Tamalie or Dustil.


ooc: don't have stats for glue bomb handy, pretty sure it's a touch attack, or attack vs reflex to stick the target(s) in place.  If Aden's hanging back, maybe it can buy you two sometime.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:56, Fri 15 Mar 2013.

Tamalie
 player, 194 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 18 Mar 2013
at 02:36
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Giving a raised eyebrow, she has never used one of them before, but figures maybe if it sticks someone to a spot, it might be good to capture someone, or even set a trap with it. She takes it, and places it within a pouch.
Mr. Main
 GM, 455 posts
Thu 21 Mar 2013
at 11:18
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
After a little more discussion the three of you head out into the night; Dustil stumbling next to the "disguised" Tamalie and aden skulking somewhere behind you. The light of the street lamps barely holds back the gloom of the night. If you didn't know any better you would say that the city was deserted. The Paladin's of the Radiant Dawn being out in force certainly had an effect. All but one patrol had left though, or so you had been told. Maybe it would just take a little longer before the criminals and ne'er-do-wells felt comfortable enough to make an appearance.

OOc: ok I'm going to need perception checks from you all. I will also need a bluff or perform check from dustil to sell himself as being drunk and a stealth check from aden if he wants to be hidden.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 270 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 21 Mar 2013
at 19:51
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil walked along as he tended to do, stumbling a bit but mostly lots of swaying back and forth. He would nudge into Tamalie a bit on every back swing. He slurred his speech when he spoke as well. "Lesh get you home, pretty gurl."

He took a long swig from his personal flask.

12:49, Today: Secret Roll: Dustil Kraye rolled 21 using 1d20+9. Perception.
12:49, Today: Secret Roll: Dustil Kraye rolled 9 using 1d20-1. Bluff.

Do I get any bonuses for actually being drunk? lol!

Aden Bero
 player, 324 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 21 Mar 2013
at 20:00
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden crept along in the shadows, a good 100 to 150 feet back depending on the streets and course taken by Tam and Dustil.  He had his buckler strapped on his pack, but his armor definitely hampered his stealthiness a little bit, as well as his attempts to keep up with the group.  He made sure, however, to keep a sharp watch for trouble.


14:59, Today: Aden Bero rolled 8 using 1d20+6. Stealth.
14:59, Today: Aden Bero rolled 23 using 1d20+3. Perception.

Tamalie
 player, 195 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 22 Mar 2013
at 04:18
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Keeping her eyes open, Tamalie isn't struggling with the fear aspect of walking around. Without her armor, and walking in dark streets looking for a murderer that is terribly deranged, this isn't the most comforting solution.
Mr. Main
 GM, 457 posts
Sun 24 Mar 2013
at 19:49
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
The streets are clear and very quiet. Right now the city almost feels alien. you are used to the hustle and bustle of a large and prosperous city. While Tamalie is usually in bed by now, Aden and Dustil notice that even though most of their fellow revelers would be stumbling home by now there is little to no sign that there are even any in the city. It's like the whole town seems to have gone sober for a night. or at least they've turned into quiet drunks rolled up in some safe corner somewhere.

But your quiet walk has given you a better appreciation for the city Itself. You can see a lot of thought went into the construction of Arcadia, especially the canals. Tamalie even noticed a brief shimmering gleam of silver in the canal as she and Dustil walked over one of the many small bridges that span the under streets that form the canals network.

After about an hour of your silent patrol you are starting to loose hope that the assailant would be stupid or rash enough to attack while the paladin's are actively looking for him. Suddenly a sharp crash rends the still peace of the night so far. Dustil instantly recognizes the sound. It's that of a glass liquor bottle shattering as it is thrown. Up ahead meandering through the streets you see a small knot of drunks heading in your general direction.

"Bah who the hell do these paladins think they are! we should show 'em..."

"Show 'em what?"

"Dunno, jus' somethin. running around actin' all tough. throwin' their weight around. Ruining everyone's night. they ain't so tough."

"But you said-"

"I'm sayin' differient now!" Spelt wrong on purpose. adds color.


"One of 'em was killed pretty good. Torn apart like a...a...one of those things. you know kids play with and break 'em all the time."

"See? Not so tough. bleed like the rest of us..."
Tamalie
 player, 196 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 24 Mar 2013
at 21:20
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Trying to remember where that bridge that they crossed at, Tamalie lets Dustil quietly know she saw something shiny in the water that they should look at it again when they are done here.

And then coming closer to some drunk men looking for trouble, Tamalie gives a tug on Dustil's arm to slow him down. "This looks like trouble. They sounds likely to look to cause trouble for someone. We walk past there, and they'll target us, I feel it. It's the right thing to do though." She looks to Dustil, see what he has to say about it.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 271 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 26 Mar 2013
at 19:32
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil glanced at the pretty girl with him and gave a nod. He hadn't seen anything shiny, but he took her word for it. He tried to make a mental note for where she told him that.

Then the drunks stumbled into view. He didn't need the nudging. He'd dealt with many drunks over the years and BEEN the drunk himself. He couldn't fight them. Well, he could, but that would blow his cover and chance to potentially capture the murdered. He also didn't want to pretend to not be able to fight and take a beating if he could help it either (although that would definitely make him look like not a protector of the woman he was with).

He quietly replied under his breath. "If I speak up, I may cause a fight or at least scare off our quarry. Fighting definitely would scare him off, unless I purposefully lose. We can try to avoid them if you like, though they may notice and give drunken chase since we would seem afraid of them. If we try to just walk by them they may not let us pass. You could speak up, though depending on what you say, you may or may not incite or calm them."
Tamalie
 player, 197 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 28 Mar 2013
at 05:00
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Speaking quietly to Dustil, she offers,"Don't take a beating to pull this off. Well try our luck, and see what their motives are towards us. I can do the talking if you play the drunk."

At that, Tami keeps on walking, pulling a little closer to Dustil. She'll watch them close enough to show that she's concerned.
Mr. Main
 GM, 461 posts
Fri 5 Apr 2013
at 01:07
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Tamlie and Dustil continue on their course and head right past the small knot of drunken malcontents. they seem caught up in their own foolishness, so much so that it almost looks like they are going to ignore you into one of them shoves another. it wasn't that hard of a shove, but since they are all drunk it sends the man teetering and careening across the street as he struggles to stay standing. This causes him to bump right into Tamalie. Attack 4 vs Tamalie's CMD is a miss but since tamalie was keeping an eye on the group as you passed she saw him coming...

OOC: Ok Tam decision time for you. Do you want to just dodge/deflect him, try and catch/steady him to keep him from falling or purposefully move into his way and have the both of you crash into each other and sprawl into a tangled mess on the floor? the first one requires no rolls. The second and third require cmb checks vs cmd.
Tamalie
 player, 199 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 5 Apr 2013
at 02:29
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Whoa!" She says as the man topples past her. Seeing the man coming, Tamalie lets him tumble past her, dodging out of the way. "Are you okay? She'll ask about his condition once he comes to a stop.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 273 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 5 Apr 2013
at 02:33
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil took another couple of steps and then seemed to realize that his 'date' had stopped. He spun around and swayed drunkenly for a moment, before taking a step back towards Tamalie. He started to lean over to better look at the man on the ground but then seemed to think better of it as his balance wobbled a bit.
Mr. Main
 GM, 463 posts
Mon 8 Apr 2013
at 00:41
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Hey, you tripped me you..." the man starts to comment as he struggles to get to his feet. that's when he looks at you for the first time.

"...Oh. what's a little girl like you doing out at this time of night."

one of the other drunks whistles "Ain't so little where it counts."

"heading home or are you looking for a good time."

"Sweet thing like this? bet she's going straight home to lay down and sleep."

"bet someone's gonna get laid alright."

"I hope it ain't that worthless drunk standing there."

"Yeah, forget about that loser and come with us."

"we'll show ya how to really enjoy a man's company."</green.

"we can always get up. well most of us anyway."

<green>"Hey it was one time...I mean I'm getting up right now"
The one that fell finally manages to stand full upright now. The other two have moved closer, each of them are about an arms length or so from Tamalie. All of them are looking at her and are becoming more and more friendly.

"Nice cloak." one of them comments as he grabs the end of it. he pulls it slightly and lifts it up revealing tamalie's outfit underneath.

All of them make appreciative noises expressing they like the outfit and how it looks on Tamlie.

"You should throw that cloak away. It's a crime to hide a figure like that."

"No kiddin'."
Tamalie
 player, 200 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 8 Apr 2013
at 01:14
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Shaking her head side to side, she puts out a flat palm up, saying, "We're leaving, you folk should head to your own house too. It's late, and there was some ruffian out and about already. A murderer. We just want to get home ourselves. We have friends expecting us, with it being so late."

She pulls her cloak back, wrapping it tighter around her, and thinking these leeches had better cool off. They don't seem too quick for violence, but they are still annoying.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 276 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 8 Apr 2013
at 05:17
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil waited quietly for a few moments, swaying a bit as he seemed to process the comments from the other men. Then he screwed his face up angrily. "What? Hey! Back off! Go get yer OWN girl, if you CAN! Some'in' tells me ya can't. She's wif me!" He puffed his chest out a little but he didn't want to appear very threatening. He then tugged Tamalie away from the men, giving them a small glare but without much heat behind it.
Aden Bero
 player, 327 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 8 Apr 2013
at 14:59
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden watched from the shadows, wondering if Dustil and Tam would have to blow their cover for these lewd idiots.  And silently hoped he didn't look like such a fool when drunkenly trying to seduce a woman.
Mr. Main
 GM, 464 posts
Wed 10 Apr 2013
at 12:17
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
two of the men continue to "chat" with tamalie, slowly getting closer. One of them now puts his hand on tam's shoulder.
"Playing hard ta get?"
"Pffs paladims...paladims that's kinda funny."
"Quit the coy play. ya wanna have some fun. We all know it. trust me we are a whole lot more fun than that idiot." he comments as he makes a dismissive gesture towards dustil.

the third one stands between Dustil and Tamalie. He moves so close as to only be a few inches from dustil's face. he takes something out of his pocket and put it into dustil's hand.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 277 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 10 Apr 2013
at 15:19
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil grinned and looked at the money. Then he took the silver and put it back in the other man's hand. "She ain't a WHORE, idjit, so pish off! Use th' money t'go buy a girl since tha's the only way y'get one. I mean what the hell? Pawin' at a lady in the street at night? Drink's addled yer brains! Go on! Leave 'fore the guards show up an' tosh ya's in jail." He made shooing gestures to them. He grabbed Tamalie's arm and gently pulled her away from the men, glaring blearily at the one who had touched her.

It was taking a lot of self-control to not punch them. And not just because they were idiots. They were treating Tamalie with disrespect, and he liked her.
Mr. Main
 GM, 465 posts
Wed 10 Apr 2013
at 20:42
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
the largest of the three men knocks your arm away as you go to grab tamalie.
"We're talkin' to tha lady beat it."
Another one puts his arm around Tamalie's shoulders
"Sweets here needs to be hangin' with a better class of people. Not rude angry drunks."
"Take a walk pal. Maybe the night air will calm ya."
"Don't worry she's in good hands."
'We'll get her home safe and sound, eventually."

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:02, Thu 11 Apr 2013.

Tamalie
 player, 202 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 12 Apr 2013
at 01:55
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Planting her feet, Tamalie resists the pulling from the drunk man putting an arm around her. "Let me go, I'm already with someone, and that'll be the end of it. Off you go to your own home, and I'll be heading off without you,  THANK YOU!" She finishes that firmly, trying to show that she's clear about where this conversation is not going. Then she adds, "I saw one of the patrols just back there. She points back the way the two of them came. You wouldn't want to deal with the city watch being as drunk as you are. They will surely send you home."
Mr. Main
 GM, 469 posts
Fri 12 Apr 2013
at 23:24
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Pfft. The guard ain't out tonight.
"Let's go. the little girls out past her bed time and is cranky."
the three of the turn to leave and as they do one of them pinches tamalie's ass as he walks by "later sweet cheeks." they then head off back to being loud obnoxious grumbling drunks.