Meeting with the Dawn (in the past, couple days before)   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Dustil Kraye
 player, 279 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 13 Apr 2013
at 04:26
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil watched them angrily for a moment, REALLY resisting the near-overwhelming urge to pound the everliving piss out of each of them for a while. The imagery is pleasant and helps calm him after a moment. He glances at Tamalie and tries to shrug it off. "Well THAT was fun. You alright?"
Aden Bero
 player, 331 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 13 Apr 2013
at 19:04
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden breathes out a sigh of relief, his hands, which were preparing to cast a spell, falling to his sides in the dark distance.  That was close, but Aden was proud of Tamalie for standing up to those bastards.  He waited for his friends to continue onwards, that he might follow from the shadows.
Tamalie
 player, 204 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 14 Apr 2013
at 03:32
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Making her jerk away when he pinched her, the druid glares at him, but walks on. Though she's not a physical threat, she'd really like to deal with them in in a way only a druid could. Having the fury of nature at her call, she leaves it alone for now.

"I'm alright, they're jerks, but at least not lethal jerks. Let's keep moving."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 281 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 14 Apr 2013
at 16:26
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil pitched his voice even lower. "If ya wan', I'll go beat 'em up some other time an' give 'em a stern talkin' to." He acted as if he were angry but was trying to cheer her up from the stupid drunk men to not ruin their night, both literally and for any audience they might have.
Tamalie
 player, 206 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 15 Apr 2013
at 00:06
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
She shakes her head no, adding, "That actually wouldn't make me feel like they were less of a jerk, so no, let's not waste any more of out time."
Mr. Main
 GM, 471 posts
Tue 16 Apr 2013
at 03:00
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: Ok so what next guys? how long do you want to continue your patrol? any particular areas you want to try?
Tamalie
 player, 208 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Tue 16 Apr 2013
at 03:31
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
<orange>ooc-Tamalie says to keep on going, pushing their efforts. It seems the area they have cleared the paladin patrols would still be the best area to keep our group. But for kicks, why doesn't Tamalie suggest taking the route Cyl would have used to go home. And then maybe we could circle back a couple times. Essentially, going for the least patrolled areas, and the route mostly likely to be the route that Cylithrea would use walked.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 283 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 16 Apr 2013
at 14:05
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil is good to follow that path as well, the one Cyl would take.
Mr. Main
 GM, 473 posts
Wed 17 Apr 2013
at 17:44
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
After the run in with the drunks you continue on your way for a little bit and then turn and double back towards the monkey. You then start making your way towards where Cyl lives following what you feel is her usual path.

 It is now just a few hours before first light and the city starts showing the signs of renewed life. the early risers are getting up, workers are on their way to the docks. you see some people packing carts getting ready to make delivers or set up stalls. The bars which closed not to long ago start to literally toss out those who were to drunk to leave so they cloud close up. The night is almost over.

OOC: I'll just assume you guys talked to bear and got at least a general idea of where Cyl lives.

ok everyone make perception checks.


Dustil Kraye
 player, 285 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 17 Apr 2013
at 18:00
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil tried to keep from frowning. It looked like the night would be a bust unfortunately. No one jumped at the bait thus far and morning was coming.

11:59, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 12 using 1d20+10. Perception.
Aden Bero
 player, 334 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 17 Apr 2013
at 18:39
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
When the group doubles back to the Monkey, Aden makes sure to invite Will along, who had been holding down the fort.  He keeps his distance from the party, as before, encouraging Will to stay back with him.


13:38, Today: Aden Bero rolled 20 using 1d20+3. perception.
Tamalie
 player, 209 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 18 Apr 2013
at 02:42
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
With the night coming to an end, and the day beginning for others, Tamalie is thinking that this may not have worked out as they planned. But they did give a shot, which is more than some. She just hoped there could have been something for their efforts.

21:38, Today: Tamalie rolled 19 using 1d20+10. perception.
Mr. Main
 GM, 476 posts
Thu 18 Apr 2013
at 11:48
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
The drunks moan, complain and a few even vomit. everyone else seems to ignore them as they go about their usual business. They've probably seen this a thousand times before.
Tamalie
 player, 211 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 18 Apr 2013
at 23:27
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Tamalie quickly gets excited, but tries to hide it. Grabbing Dustil, she pulls on him to urge him to follow her. The Druid quickly tries to come up with something fast. "I think I had better sit down." She says aloud. But as she leads him towards the building nearby the alley, she tries to quietly whisper to Dustil, "Alley, movement."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 287 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 19 Apr 2013
at 14:13
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil eyes her for a moment and then shrugs lazily. "Whatever ya say, beautiful." He allows himself to be lead to the alley.
Aden Bero
 player, 336 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 20 Apr 2013
at 21:20
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden makes his way to the alley entrance, keeping distance between himself and his friends.
Mr. Main
 GM, 479 posts
Sat 20 Apr 2013
at 22:31
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
The only light in the alley are the cast of rays from the street lights. It is dark and filled with shadows. It is also a little cramped It's maybe 3-4 feet wide. Basically you guys can go single file or squeeze into each others squares. It's hard to imagine anyone effectively fighting in a place like this, especially if they are wearing armor and not using small weapons.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 288 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 21 Apr 2013
at 01:18
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil let Tamalie lead the way, though it was VERY difficult to do so. He focused on maintaining his drunken swaying walk rather than think about it. He could probably get past her, or over her, if needs be. But the tight quarters would be a killer's wet dream. He glanced around as his head swung back and forth drunkenly on his neck.
Tamalie
 player, 213 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 21 Apr 2013
at 03:52
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Trying to control direction of Dustil while trying her hardest to make it look like it's natural can only go so far. And now with the poor lighting, the shadows of the alley are hindering them from seeing what's hiding in the shadows.

But in turn, she quickly whispers to her bodyguard, "I'm going to try a little flare of light in the alley, cover your eyes."

The druid quickly casts one of her orisons, Flare. She'll cast it as far as her range allows, attempting to prevent it from being close enough to blind her or Dustil, but to remove enough of the dark shadows in the alley.







http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/flare
Range should be 30 feet away.
Aden Bero
 player, 337 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 21 Apr 2013
at 19:08
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden looks for an alternate route to the alley his friends just entered.

What's the alley layout like in this part of the city?  Is it a network of alleys that could possibly intersect, or just single alleys running between blocks?
Mr. Main
 GM, 480 posts
Mon 22 Apr 2013
at 02:58
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: Aden make a knowledge local check. you can find many different kinds of Alleyways in Arcadia sometimes they are straight single alleys, sometimes they have junctions and sometimes they can almost be winding twisting mazes.

the sudden blast of bright light is painful, but short lived. OOC: make perception checks.
Tamalie
 player, 214 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 22 Apr 2013
at 03:10
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Trying to keep an eye out to see what stirs up in the darkness, the half elf hopes Dustil can see who or what ever it is too this time.

22:07, Sun 21 Apr 2013: Tamalie rolled 23 using 1d20+10 ((13)).
Dustil Kraye
 player, 289 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 22 Apr 2013
at 03:23
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil winced his eyes for a moment when the flare went off, but then he glanced around quickly.

21:22, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 22 using 1d20+10. Alley Perception.
Aden Bero
 player, 338 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 22 Apr 2013
at 14:57
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
09:53, Today: Aden Bero rolled 22 using 1d20+3. perception.
09:52, Today: Aden Bero rolled 19 using 1d20+2. untrained knowledge local.

If Aden reasonably suspects a side alley would allow him to come from behind and flank the suspect, then he dodges into a side alley. He moves quickly, drawing his shortspear, but also attaches his buckler to his arm.

If he doesn't believe a side alley would help him, then he considers climbing, looking at the buildings beside the alley Dustil and Tam entered, judging their height.
Mr. Main
 GM, 481 posts
Wed 24 Apr 2013
at 02:28
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
In the brief bright flash Tamalie and Dustil see a short cloaked figure in a side alley. The figure looked like it was tensed to pounce towards you, but now instead turns and runs down the alley.

Meanwhile Aden can't quite remember how the layout for the alleys in this area and looks to start climbing the buildings. It's possible, but will take time and how good of a view and how effectively you can act in case something happens.