Meeting with the Dawn (in the past, couple days before)   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Tamalie
 player, 215 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 24 Apr 2013
at 03:06
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Hey, Stop! You're surrounded." Tamalie shouts to the man running away.  And then to Dustil, she asks, "I'm casting a summoning spell"

She lets Dustil go, no longer pretending the barmaid and the drunken escort role.

Tamalie casts Summon Nature's Ally, attempting to have it summon on the far side of the person who was hiding in the shadows, so it can run into the centipede, or turn around and face Dustil, and Tamalie.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/.../summon-natures-ally
Choosing Giant Centipede.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestia...pede/centipede-giant



Bite—injury; save Fort DC 13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d3 Dex damage; cure 1 save. The save DC is Constitution-based and includes a +2 racial bonus.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:48, Wed 24 Apr 2013.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 290 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 24 Apr 2013
at 03:52
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil planted a kiss on Tamalie's cheek and gave her a winking grin. "Been fun, love, but gotta run." He turned and poured on the speed to chase after the cloaked figure, hoping his better-than-the-average-person's speed was enough to catch up.
Aden Bero
 player, 339 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 24 Apr 2013
at 04:21
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden heard Tamalie shout for someone to stop, and charged into the alley way, moving as fast as he could, drawing a javelin.

Double move 80' into alleyway, past Tamalie, following Dustil. Draw Javelin,

This message was last edited by the player at 04:23, Wed 24 Apr 2013.

Mr. Main
 GM, 482 posts
Wed 24 Apr 2013
at 22:34
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
The cloaked figure dashing off at full speed doesn't even bother trying to stop as the giant bug suddenly appears out of nowhere. Instead it makes a desperate and impressive dive over it. In the gloom it is hard to make out what happened, but the group hears a pained cry. It seems like the centipede has successfully attacked the runner, but failed to stop it. Aden dashes into the alley and comes to a stop right next to Tamalie.

OOC: dustil how are you pursuing? are you double moving? charging? running?
Dustil Kraye
 player, 291 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 24 Apr 2013
at 23:54
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Running until I catch up. Once close enough, I will charge.
Mr. Main
 GM, 483 posts
Thu 25 Apr 2013
at 02:08
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil, sprinting at full speed quickly closes the distance. the two of you reach the end of the side alley. Running full tilt there is no way for either of you to stop in time before crashing into the wall. The person you are cashing doesn't seem to care, in fact they leap into the wall and then push off of it, executing a quick turn.
OOC: dustil make an acrobatics check dc 15 to turn the corner at speed. If you succeed you are within melee reach of your target.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 292 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 25 Apr 2013
at 02:16
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil narrowed his eyes a bit, watching the precision in which the cloaked figure moved. Almost impressive to watch, if it weren't for the murderous intent...if this was their quarry. He performed a similar maneuver to his opponent's to keep moving.

20:15, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 28 using 1d20+9.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:16, Thu 25 Apr 2013.

Mr. Main
 GM, 484 posts
Thu 25 Apr 2013
at 02:20
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: ok you are within melee range. Roll initiative dustil. So far we've been acting without it since it was flowing nicely, but now we'll need it. If you get higher than the suspect you act first.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 293 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 25 Apr 2013
at 02:24
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: Heh. I'm guessing not.

20:21, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 9 using 1d20+3. Initiative.
20:23, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 13 using 1d20+3. Hero Point Initiative.

Mr. Main
 GM, 485 posts
Thu 25 Apr 2013
at 02:33
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC actually lady luck smiled upon you. you do get to act first.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 294 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 25 Apr 2013
at 03:40
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil performed a few quick finger movements to ready his fist as he charged towards the fleeing figure. He swung his fingers out in a martial arts strike, aiming for a pressure point.

OOC: Unarmed attack, stunning fist. Using Fatigue instead of Stunning on Stunning Fist.
21:36, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 28 using 1d20+9. Charging Fatiguing Fist Attack.
21:38, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 19 using 1d20+7. Stunning/Fatigue vs Fort Defense.
21:39, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 4 using 1d8+3. Unarmed Damage.

Mr. Main
 GM, 486 posts
Thu 25 Apr 2013
at 11:23
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Your strike topples the figure causing it to crash to the ground hard. It moans and rolls over onto it's back. Though it is to dark to truly see you can make out it's general outline. The cloak is obviously big for the person wearing it. A moment later the figure speaks. It's voice is soft and high pitched, that of a young girl.

"y-you can do whatever you want...I-I won't resist or even scream...just please don't kill me." can hear the terror and resignation in her voice. She has resigned herself to whatever happens and accepted that whatever her fate is all she can do now is just grin and bare it.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 295 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 25 Apr 2013
at 13:49
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil let out a groan of frustration and rolled his eyes. "Oh for the gods' sakes!" He rubbed a hand across his face and sighed. "Who are you an' what're ya doin' skulkin' about?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 487 posts
Thu 25 Apr 2013
at 15:35
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
The girl stays very still "Rita. The drunks are easy marks, usually." She explains.
Aden Bero
 player, 340 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 25 Apr 2013
at 21:35
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden continues, rushing past Tamalie in chase of Dustil and the fleeing culprit.  He squeezes by the centipede, doing his best not to get creeped out by the disgustingly large insect, the hairs on the back of his neck standing on end.  When he arrives upon Dustil and the would be mugger, he growls, "Gods be damned, you bloody fool woman!"  The oracle is tired from a night spent investigating and sneaking around, and apparently it's all for naught thanks to this Rita. His blood was already boiling at the thought of everything he intended to do to the murderer he assumed they were chasing, so he's too angry to say much else at the moment.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:37, Thu 25 Apr 2013.

Tamalie
 player, 216 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 26 Apr 2013
at 12:53
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Seeing the sudden change from fleeing to surrender, Tamalie tells her summoned ally, "Stop right there." Not wanting it to be any more aggressive now. Walking in, she'll give the centipede a quick pat for good measure. "Well done. But it looks like we're going to be okay now. Stay close to me though."

She urges it to walk on with her. She assumes that the encounter is done, but wants to have a second set of eyes just in case. Walking in to see the cutpurse, the druid asks, "Looking to rob from us? We're looking for information. Were you out last night, we're trying to find some murderer who killed one of the paladins that patrol this city?"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 296 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 26 Apr 2013
at 13:35
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil frowned at Aden's outburst, though truthfully he felt just as frustrated. He merely told the girl, "Calm yerself, Rita. We ain't gonna kill you." Then Tamalie showed up and began speaking.

Dustil slid one silver coin into his hand and then a second. It was obvious he was attempting to perform the little tricks bards and magicians would do to amuse the crowds....and doing a very poor job of it. But the coins were merely an enticement to speak and get paid for Rita.
Mr. Main
 GM, 488 posts
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 01:40
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Your looking for the guy who offed the paladin tonight? After they swarmed all over town? In a random back alley?"
Tamalie
 player, 217 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 02:29
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Not catching the sarcasm, Tamalie asks excitedly, "Yes! Do you hear anything more? Anything that would help?!"
Aden Bero
 player, 341 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 04:26
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Aye, you know a better place to be looking?"  Aden's demeanor was stern as he asked the question.
Mr. Main
 GM, 489 posts
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 12:06
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
As you have noticed, now that she thinks you're not going to kill or do other things to her Rita's demeanor and tone has changed a bit.

 "I wouldn't be looking when the Pally's are obviously out for blood. Only an idiot would be out then."
Aden Bero
 player, 342 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 17:30
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden noticed her change in tone, like she was getting comfortable and cocky with the situation, like she wasn't going to pay for her crimes.  He was having none of it, and he knew the perfect penance. "An idiot, or a crazed, sadistic, copycat killer that didn't get what he really wanted last night.  You think you know so much about the mind of such an individual?  Fine.  By the authority vested in me, from the city guard, the Order of the Radiant Dawn, and not lastly, the Pantheon of Fire, I hereby take you into custody, as an official member of this task squad.  You will help us find this killer, or I'll see you pay full price for your crimes.  I'll find out everything you've done to make sure you pay.  Help us find this killer, and your sins will be forgiven."

With that, the oracle quickly cast a spell.  It was detect magic, focused on the street thief, just in case her current appearance was a magical disguise or some such.  And to make sure she had no tricks up her sleeves.  To her, he bluffed.  "This spell will bind you to our cause.  Try to flee before the task is done, and you'll be consumed by flames equal to your sins.  Sarenrae will judge you by the nobility of your deeds, and Asmodeus will wait with glee, ready to consume and torment your soul should you fall to the fire."

It was bullshit, but Aden had spent enough time around overly serious religious oracles to play the part.  He'd been all been raised by a master performer, learning the craft of acting and bluffing.  And he was serious about catching this killer.

12:28, Today: Aden Bero rolled 17 using 1d20+4. bluff.
Aden casts detect magic on thief.
Aden also makes a sense motive check on her previous and upcoming responses, trying to see if she's bluffing them somehow.  +4 modifier, DM is supposed to make the roll in secret.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:31, Sat 27 Apr 2013.

Mr. Main
 GM, 490 posts
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 17:59
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"I didn't do nothin' and you can't prove shit!" Rita replied at first. Then Aden cast his spell "Hey you can't do that! that's not fair! I didn't kill anybody! I ain't gonna look for no killer. that's a good way for a girl to get dead or worse. Hell i can't even walk right now thanks to the beating you and your friends gave me. So you're either gonna have to remove your spell or char a little girl. Whose gonna get judged for that?"
Aden Bero
 player, 343 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 18:50
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC:  Whoops, I wasn't thinking "young girl" when I posted that last bit, more "young woman" that could answer for her crimes.  Hmm....


Aden continued, showing none of the guilt he felt for putting her in this position, ruse though it was.  Well, she had technically put herself in this position, and maybe she'd think twice about a career as a street-mugger.  He replied, "I'll heal your wounds, so that you can do your duty.  The gods will judge whether your efforts to help us are sufficient.  What more do you know about this killer?  A child of the streets, surely you've heard something.  Speak truthfully, and maybe Sarenrae will find you worthy of redemption."  As he said this, the oracle bent down to inspect the severity of her wounds, seeing whether or not she was truly as injured as she claimed.
Mr. Main
 GM, 492 posts
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 21:13
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: you'll need a light source and a heal check to check her wounds.