Meeting with the Dawn (in the past, couple days before)   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Tamalie
 player, 218 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 27 Apr 2013
at 21:29
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Oh come now. You must not want a murderer out and about. From what we know, the Paladin that was killed died defending a young woman from the attacker."

Stepping in closer, Tamalie will kneel down, trying to help the young girl up, or just put a hand on the girl's shoulder to comfort her.

"We had to try and find who did it. You know the area, right? You can help us, even if you could just help us with information. Maybe show us where you think he might have gone. Don't you want to help protect the other young ladies you know? Do you have a mother, a sister that you wouldn't want to see be attacked by this murderer?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 493 posts
Sun 28 Apr 2013
at 15:40
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Lady, I don't know anything. If I killed someone I'd get the hell out of town for a while, especially if he was a Paladin. Killing a Paladin is bad news; everyone knows that. Makes all sorts of trouble."
Aden Bero
 player, 345 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 28 Apr 2013
at 18:39
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden casts Light on a close-by object, illuminating the alleyway.  He begins to carefully check the girl to see the extent of her injuries.  Though Aden isn't very practicing at the healing arts, besides magically, he does an alright job of it, following the examples he's seen.

13:36, Today: Aden Bero rolled 19 using 1d20. heal check.

To the girl, he replies while doing so, "Then you must know someone who would have such information.  I find it hard to believe you live on these streets without some sort of contact, perhaps someone you sell your stolen goods too.  Give us a lead, someone who can point us in the right direction, and Sarenrae may forgive your transgressions."

13:38, Today: Aden Bero rolled 16 using 1d20+9. diplomacy.
Mr. Main
 GM, 494 posts
Mon 29 Apr 2013
at 00:14
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOc: the girl is indead wounded. Infact she is pretty beaten up. The puncture wounds on her calf from the centipedes bite are red and swollen. She was probably poisoned and the wound might be infected. It also looks like Dustil's strike might have broken her collar bone.

<pruple>"I don't steal goods. I just grab a few coins here and there. Just cause you live on the street doesn't mean you know everyone in the damn underworld. Poking your nose where it don't belong is a good way to get it broken. Worse sometimes if you're a girl."</purple>
Tamalie
 player, 219 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 29 Apr 2013
at 01:22
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Shaking her head, Tamalie finds the girl seeming to have fallen prey to her own poor choice of trying to rob the wrong people. "Why are you out in the street robbing people anyway? That just seems wrong for someone of your age. Could you find work at one of the temple's?"
Aden Bero
 player, 346 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 29 Apr 2013
at 14:55
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden casts a spell on the girl, closing up some wounds, and then inspects her again to see what remains. 

09:52, Today: Aden Bero rolled 9 using 1d8+3. clw.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 297 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 29 Apr 2013
at 20:28
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil stayed silent. He wasn't that good at pretending to not care. He DID feel bad about the girl. He COULD have pulled his bunch a bit, but he had gotten caught up in the chase and the possibility of a killer getting away. He stifled a sigh and waited with his arms crossed, trying to look drunk and bored.
Mr. Main
 GM, 495 posts
Tue 30 Apr 2013
at 02:49
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Lady you could find a lot of work at the brothels. But would you want to? I don't need anyone's charity, rules or the rest of the bull that comes with dealing with 'em. I also don't need strangers who just beat the hell out of me 'cause they mistook me for a murderer telling me how I should be living my life."
Aden Bero
 player, 347 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 30 Apr 2013
at 06:13
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Crouched over the girl as she says all this, examining her wounds, the fiery feeling Aden gets when channeling curing energy quickly runs cold at the girls naivity.  Yeah, he admires her courage and fiery nature, but she was clueless.  His voice is as soft as it is cold, Dustil and Tam having to strain to hear.  "Maybe you should be listening to the strangers that just beat the hell out of you.  You could learn a thing or two, since obviously we were faster and stronger.  And, 'little miss got it all figured out,' I'm sure you know there will be people that are just like us, only mean as the hells.  There's one on these streets right now, deadly enough to kill a paladin, targets sweet ladies, maybe just like yourself."

He draws in a breath, calming a bit. "Everyone needs people in their life, annoying as people can be at times.  You should reconsider going it alone.  Your penance is removed."  He presses his index and middle fingertips to her forehead to finish off the bluff, giving a slight nudge as he pulls back his hand.  It was a difficult pretense to end, but he had no right to force her in any direction.  And since when was he so preachy?

His stomach growled, loudly, and he grumbled to himself about breakfast and sleep and dwarven taskmasters, as he rose up to weary feet.  He'd settle for a nice bowl of tobacco in the meantime.  Offering her a hand, he asked, "Can you walk?"


01:12, Today: Aden Bero rolled 11 using 1d20+9. diplomacy.  Get through girl's thick head.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:16, Tue 30 Apr 2013.

Aden Bero
 player, 348 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 30 Apr 2013
at 15:12
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden continued, "You'll still feel a little weak from the centipede's poison, but it's not going to kill you, and after a few days, you'll be back to normal."
Mr. Main
 GM, 496 posts
Wed 1 May 2013
at 19:54
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Rita Climbs to her feet warily. She wobbles a bit, but stands upright just fine.

"Great. Getting mugged by you has been real fun. Let's not do it again. Ever." Rita starts to walk off. When she gets to the end of the Alley she stops for a moment. "You should probably ask around about recent arrivals Blondie. Locals would know better than to kill a Pally." and then she walked off away from you.
Aden Bero
 player, 350 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 2 May 2013
at 08:11
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden watched her go, saddened.  He could barely live for himself, much less all the misguided miscreants of the world.  But he silently thought a prayer for Rita.

"Recent arrivals, huh?  The only thing I wanna ask right now is 'Who's up for breakfast?'  Let's go get something to eat, then get some rest."  Aden is really ready to go get some food in his belly, but waits for the others to voice opinions as to their next move.  He hopes they agree, knowing planning sessions on an empty stomach to be a fruitless endeavor.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 298 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 2 May 2013
at 13:48
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
He shook his head and sighed. "I don't think I could stomach anythin'. I'll jus' go t'bed I think."  He tossed a wave to the two of them. "G'night." And with that he started walking back to his inn to crash.
Tamalie
 player, 220 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 3 May 2013
at 02:57
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"I could go for a bite, but there was something I saw earlier. By one of the bridges over the water. Something shiny. Let's check it out, maybe it'll be another clue. Tamalie quickly says. She's quite willing to lead the way back to the water where she saw it if they are willing to go.
Aden Bero
 player, 351 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 3 May 2013
at 06:40
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Aye, I'll go with you and have a look." he follows to the bridge.
Aden Bero
 player, 352 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 6 May 2013
at 21:04
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden's stomach grumbled loudly as he and Tam walked back to where she saw the shiny object.  He couldn't figure what she was talking about, but he was certainly interested, as he looked around for some sort of street vendor selling something to eat.
Tamalie
 player, 221 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Tue 7 May 2013
at 02:02
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Tamalie will keep leading the way back to the bridge over the canel where she saw the flash of silvery glimmer in the water.
Mr. Main
 GM, 498 posts
Tue 7 May 2013
at 21:03
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
tamalie leads you who ever will follow back towards where you ran into the drunks. She remembers seeing the glimmer of silver coming from somewhere underneath the bridge. To get a close look someone is going to have to go into the canal...
Tamalie
 player, 222 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 8 May 2013
at 03:33
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Slipping off her cloak, Tamalie looks around to see if anyone is coming around. She'd like to discreetly step down into the canal, rather than jumping in splashing.
Aden Bero
 player, 353 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 8 May 2013
at 16:37
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"I'm going with you."

The oracle was impressed by how the Druid was just going for it.  He too made ready to enter.

is there a path for us to take or are we wading/swimming?  How far we talking?
Mr. Main
 GM, 500 posts
Thu 9 May 2013
at 03:32
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOc: you could swim or you could look for a boat. The glimmer came from near the bridge,almost but not quite under it.

the canal water isn't swift, but it is cool, deep and cleaner than you'd expect. make a DC 10 swim check. I guess you could also take 10 or 20 depending on your strength score and skills if you wanted since you're in no rush or find a boat. you might be able to borrow one or pay to use a "water taxi".

tamlie searches for the glint she saw and after a few minutes finally finds it. the glimmer came from what looks like a silver tag that seems to emit a rather weak aura like glow. It is affixed to the side of the canal. Inscribed on it are oddly shaped runes or letters.
Aden Bero
 player, 354 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 9 May 2013
at 06:21
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden, from up above, directed a cone of magic detection at the silver tag that Tam found.

I'm thinking maybe this is one the things hidden aroun the city for the novice games, but can't remember if Tio already told us or if that happens at opening ceremonies.  Or maybe it's something else.

01:20, Today: Aden Bero rolled 20 using 1d20+6. Spell craft to identify.

Tamalie
 player, 223 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 11 May 2013
at 01:57
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Willing to swim, the druid is willing to dive if need be, so it's likely she's soaked from head to toe in her efforts. But she comes up with a silver tag, and it has some symbols that she's trying to be more certain about. She holds it up for Aden to see as well, as she offers, "My first thoughts are that it says something like purify/cleanse, enrich, treat and soothe. But's I think the way it's written out is different. The water was a lot more clear than I expected. I'm wondering if I pried it off the canel's side when it was intentionally put there by the workers for the City. Possibly to clean the water. Did you think the symbol meant any more than what I came up with?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 502 posts
Sat 11 May 2013
at 04:44
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
It is affixed to the side of the wall it doesn't just easily come off.
Tamalie
 player, 224 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 11 May 2013
at 06:23
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Letting it go when unable to free it from the side of the canal, the blonde half elf swims back to the side she came down in from, and puts on hand up onto the side of the canal, and holds another up and out for Aden to gab and help her up.

"It's not that easy to to grab a hold of, I'm not even so sure we should try to remove it. But it's not a clue like I originally thought of when I first spotted it. Help me out."


Tamalie intends to wrap the cloak around her for warmth, and then head back off to the drunken monkey for her clothes, and breakfast.