Meeting with the Dawn (in the past, couple days before)   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Mr. Main
 GM, 210 posts
Tue 2 Oct 2012
at 21:18
Meeting with the Dawn
After deciding on your various prizes the group split up and went their own ways for a time. taking are of errands, visiting friends, ect. However as the sun kissed the horizon some of you met up and headed off to the grave yard of swords, the headquarters of the Radiant Dawn in search of answers and to offer your help.

OOC: Okay anyone wanting to head to the radiant dawn post here. I will be posting up the first day of the festival thread later. We should be able to run both at the same time without much trouble. we'll just ignore and retcon anyway paradoxes that pop up.
Tamalie
 player, 92 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 3 Oct 2012
at 03:13
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Wandering over by herself, Tamalie was a combination of sympathetic to the sadness she might expect for a funeral, but also looking forward to coming back to the compound, and let the order know of her appreciation. The walk was feeling good, and she knew that the others would probably be taking the same path. She must have timed it slightly off as she didn't meet any of her companions on the road. The druid assumes that they are already there, or probably just that she started out a little earlier then them, and they will show up shortly.

Seeing the gate, she hurries her walk, wanting to see if any of her companions are there yet.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 159 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 3 Oct 2012
at 04:31
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: Fine, fine.

Dustil rose silenty from his nap and wasn't drunk for once. He bathed and dressed before heading down to quickly grab a bit to eat. Once done, he headed towards the gates at a reasonable (for him) pace, though for anyone else it would have been very fast.

He saw Tamalie and tamped down internally. He gave her a respectful bow. "Good evening, Tamalie."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:32, Wed 03 Oct 2012.

Aden Bero
 player, 162 posts
Wed 3 Oct 2012
at 06:01
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Arriving at the Radiant Dawn, Aden greeted his companions.  He then proceeded to ask the nearest acolyte where Percival might be found.

It's dusk/night Dustil.  The sun has just set.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:12, Wed 03 Oct 2012.

Tamalie
 player, 94 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 4 Oct 2012
at 03:25
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Smiling, she waves, and says hello first to Dustil, and then Aden as they come in, or when she spots them.

"Uhm, no one else with you? I haven't seen anyone else. You know if William, or Morien, or Safia were coming? Oh, I guess there was Grig too, but he just seemed so quiet about coming back here."
Morien
 player, 118 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 4 Oct 2012
at 04:52
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien was dragging a little behind Dustil. He was not a morning person and these early mornings, combined with the ordeal from the day before were wearing on him. He waved wearily but said nothing when he arrived.
Tamalie
 player, 95 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 4 Oct 2012
at 12:18
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Morien! You made it!" She says with an excited smile to see him. "Just in time too, the sun is almost done setting down."
Mr. Main
 GM, 212 posts
Thu 4 Oct 2012
at 19:00
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
At the gates you notice a company of soldiers, in various types of armor and bearing a large variety of weapons, all bearing the Radiant Dawn's emblem forming up into several squads, almost a score of small teams and a couple full platoons.

As Aden moves to enter a guard stops him. It is not the gaurd you met last night. this one barely even seems to be 18. So Aden asks him where he can find Percival.

"Where ever the Field Marshal is, I am sure he is very busy. What business do you have with the dawn?" the young soldier asks.
Aden Bero
 player, 164 posts
Thu 4 Oct 2012
at 23:38
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"My name is Aden Bero, and these are the other members of Team Arcadia.  Last night we came through here, in a race competing to be the on the Novice Team for the games.  We won, largely because of aid from Percival, and we know that a member of your order lost his life.  We're here not only to offer thanks, but to find out what happened and see if we can help in any way."
Morien
 player, 120 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 5 Oct 2012
at 02:35
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
 Morien was stretching and yawning. It seems he'd slept in.... WAY in. "Yeah. I wanted to pay my respects... assuming they will let me in."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 161 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 5 Oct 2012
at 04:53
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil was quiet, content to let Aden do the talking. He was honestly sure he knew why they were poking their collective noses into this anyway. He was pretty sure the Radiant Dawn wouldn't want their help, though it was possible he was wrong.
Mr. Main
 GM, 214 posts
Sat 6 Oct 2012
at 02:13
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"We appreciate your condolences. Everyone is allowed to visit the graveyard of swords during the day, but the sun has set and it is near time for the grounds to be closed. Otherwise the best I can offer is to ask for the Duty Officer to come speak with you."
Aden Bero
 player, 166 posts
Sat 6 Oct 2012
at 18:15
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
"Aye, we don't want to be a nuisance, but we really might be able to help. If you wouldn't mind letting us speak with the Duty Officer?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 217 posts
Sun 7 Oct 2012
at 03:04
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
the guard summons a young boy, probably a page, of about 14 or 15 over.

"Can you go see if Lieutenant Tyndar is busy?"

"Which one?

"Lieutenant Laster Tyndar, the Duty Officer. Not Lieutenant Pollard Tyndar who is obviously currently busy organizing the men about to head out."

"Oh right."  the page replies before heading off.

he returns a few minutes later and leads the group inside the compound to a small building near the barracks. He leads you inside to a small office with maps of Arcadia, the Fort, Alliance territory and local environs on the wall. though none of them seem to have any sort of markings or other information posted on them. Sitting at a small plain looking desk signing reports and writing up some sort of list is a man of average height, medium build, dirty blonde hair, light green eyes and olive skin. He seems to be in his mid 20's. As you enter the office he puts his papers away and stands up. he offers each of you his hand to shake.

"I'm Lieutenant Tyndar. You wanted to speak with me? If you want to pray at the graveyard of swords I'm sure you could sneak in five minutes before we kicked you out. Or was there something else?"
Aden Bero
 player, 169 posts
Sun 7 Oct 2012
at 05:13
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Aden repeated his spiel about last night, and coming to see if they could offer any assistance, in addition to thanking the order for its help.
Mr. Main
 GM, 219 posts
Sun 7 Oct 2012
at 12:09
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
OOC: make a diplomacy check. Anyone who wants to assist feel free to say something and make a check.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 164 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 7 Oct 2012
at 14:24
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
Dustil gave the man a low bow. "We know you are busy, and we appreciate you taking the time to see us. As Aden has said, if we can help we would like to."

OOC: Yeah, I know. Some of you going why is Dustil rolling? He's unskilled and has a penalty! Lol!

08:24, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 14 using 1d20-1. Diplomacy.

Aden Bero
 player, 171 posts
Sun 7 Oct 2012
at 18:35
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
13:34, Today: Aden Bero rolled 19 using 1d20+9. diplomacy.
Mr. Main
 GM, 222 posts
Sun 7 Oct 2012
at 19:31
Re: Meeting with the Dawn
the Lieutenant smiles "They say evil triumphs when good men do nothing. How can I sit here and tell brave and eager young individuals to sit still and keep out of it? However before we let you help out we need to see what you can do. Not just to prove you won't be a liability but also to know how to best utilize your help." he replies as he stands up from his desk. He walks over to the closet and takes out some breastplate. though painted white and emblazoned with the sigil of the radiant dawn his is not shiny or dazzling. The armor has lost it's luster and though is in good repair has several scratches and ding. With a little help from one of you he puts it on rather quickly, takes his shield, also white with the trade mark symbol of the radiant dawn, and a longsword and turns to head out of the office to the training yard. but stops and asks if all of you are in top condition.

OOC: basically asking if all of you are at full hp with no negative conditions. He will heal you if you are not.

Once all of you are fully ready to go he leads you out into the courtyard and over to the now organized contingent of soldiers waiting for orders to leave.

"Hey Pal, we've got some volunteers that want to help out.Told them we need to see what they can do first. You up for a few rounds?"

A man with medium length shining silver hair and silvery blue eyes walks forward. His skin is pale, but there is an occasional glint of gold as if he had silica flakes embedded in his skin. He is the same height as Laster, with similar features and similar gear. "Always" Pal replies as he moves to stand next to Laster. then they both turn and face you at the same instant.

The soldiers make room around you forming a loose circle.

"We call this a live steel excercise. Every soldier here went through at least one, generally speaking, before being approved for missions. We fight in full armor with real weapons until a sound blow has been struck. It's to give recruits and green soldiers a little taste of actual combat before heading out. The rules are simple 'survive' for a minute or best one of us and you pass. remember though this is serious and wounds are expected you aren't going for the kill. So if you catch someone undefended don't follow through. We're ready whenever you are." Laster explains

"show us what you're made of!" Pal calls out.

OOC: basically the rules are simple you guys are fighting till half health. If you would score a critical hit you are supposed to not follow through or basically intentional fail the confirmation check.  if you can last 10 rounds or defeat one of them you win. You pass or fail as a group so even if one or more of you get's "taken out" as long as one of you is still standing at the end of round 10 or manages to "drop" one of the pair facing you everyone succeeds. Roll initiative.

the other paladin's are a loose circle surrounding you about 30 feet in Radius. You can leave at any time, but leaving the circle is the same as getting "taken out".

 

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:32, Sun 07 Oct 2012.