The Festival: Day One.   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Morien
 player, 325 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 28 Oct 2013
at 06:59
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien undid the straps on his armor, opening it up a bit to reveal that his entire body was covered in blood smears. His shirt had been ripped to tatters and his entire upper torso covered in cuts. None of them were deep, but there were many MANY of them. "All over."

 He took another deep breath. "If his father is as put out with him as you say, then our job may be that much easier. If we explain to the father that our only reason for taking the blade was to keep him from attacking us again, then we may manage to come away without stirring up his wrath. It was meant to be a race, after all... not usually a contest known for its violence."
Tamalie
 player, 293 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 30 Oct 2013
at 02:13
Re: The Festival: Day One
Seeing the wounds, Tamalie scowls, asking, "What in the...?! How could you be so cut up through your armor?"

Giving him a frown, she chides, "Good call on going off on your own." Before getting up and walking off to try and get some warm water and a cloth. Tamalie hopes to grab the attention of a server so that they could go and bring a bowl of warm water and a cloth to her.

If there can be water and cloth brought, she'll help Morien with cleaning up the blood.
Morien
 player, 329 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 30 Oct 2013
at 02:25
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien sighs. "Bats were summoned, lots of them. They got inside my armor."

 He takes another sip of ale, his nerves calming and some of his bravado returning. "And I'm never on my own as long as I have this."

 He indicates the warhorn hanging from the belt at his hip.
Mr. Main
 GM, 623 posts
Wed 30 Oct 2013
at 03:16
Re: The Festival: Day One
"It's not that simple. Clive Delmar is a proud man and you humiliated his son. Even if he isn't pleased with his Johan, humiliating him isn't exactly earning you points." Jace comments as he continues to help himself to the food provide, particularly the small wedge of cheese.

Bess comes by with warm water, some rags and bandages for Morien.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:53, Wed 30 Oct 2013.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 395 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 31 Oct 2013
at 00:22
Re: The Festival: Day One
"Sheesh." He looked at all the cuts and wounds no Morien, and then cringed only slightly at the explanation. Bats INSIDE armor and clothes sounded very unfun. "Didja get a look at the attacker? Spellcaster, obviously. Couldja tell what kinda caster they were, arcane, divine or whatever?"
Morien
 player, 331 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 31 Oct 2013
at 00:45
Re: The Festival: Day One
 "Humiliation and embarrassment are dutiful teachers. Without them, a man will remain a child within forever. It seems our Clive Delmar is at odds with himself."

 and then his shoulders sunk. "No, though I am assuming that he was of the Arcane bent. He attacked me by casting spells through his familiar."
Safia
 player, 27 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Thu 7 Nov 2013
at 01:07
Re: The Festival: Day One
In reply to Mr P (msg # 104):

An amalgam of thoughts weighed heavily on Safia’s mind as she exited Hewitt’s Haven and made her way to The Drunken Monkey, her boots clicking a rhythmic pattern on the hard-packed earth. Concern at not being prepared enough, intermingled with the latest gossip circulating town, had brought her to the library; her home away from home. When she wasn’t sparring with her brothers to prepare for the festival, she buried her nose in book after book consuming all the knowledge her mind could hold …and then some. She had hoped her research into fighting-styles, weapons, strategy and the like would prove a worthy distraction, but she couldn’t quite shake dark rumors from her thoughts—the mystery of a murderer’s mind.

Her brothers had told her of the paladin who had been killed while defending a woman from her attacker, and how the other paladins had been throwing their political weight around town in an effort to locate the killer and mete out justice …she presumed. Safia lifted blue eyes from the unfocused stare at the toes of her boots to look around as she walked. Questions filled her mind, each one tumbling over the other for priority. Had the attacker’s prey been chosen in random? Was the killer an outsider or a local? The town had grown 10-fold or better in population since the festival, but it obviously had not been an over-zealous or drunken festival-goer gone wrong. It took an unflinching mind to stand and fight against a paladin, especially to the death. What of the woman ...was she safe? What if the killer came back to finish what had been interrupted?

Questions, curiosity, and concerns. Her mind was not quiet.
Mr P:
The Drunken Monkey seemed to be particularly crowded this evening…
...Tam and Dustil arrive. They are ushered into a private room in the back.

Reaching her destination, Safia drew in a breath and released, letting all the dark thoughts flow out and away as she entered the tavern. Was Dustil here yet? ...Silly question, she thought, her mouth twitched in amusement. Paused at the threshold, her gaze took a casual survey of the room and its patrons before she strode assuredly toward the bar.  She would just have cider and wait until her teammates showed.
Mr P
 GM, 32 posts
 'Dems the rules... good
 thing i make the rules
Thu 7 Nov 2013
at 16:19
Re: The Festival: Day One
Bear sees the woman arrive at the tavern and makes it a point to emerge from the back of the bar and usher her towards the back room. As the crowd grows around her the gentleman speaks as they reach the private room, "You lot need to start using the back entrance at this rate."

Safia finds herself in front of the Arcadian champions once again. A feast still remains out, and the group seem immersed in a deep conversation as she enters.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 398 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 8 Nov 2013
at 15:06
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil looked a bit floored for a moment. He blinked a few times to make sure it wasn't a drunken illusion, but then he remembered he hadn't been drinking long enough to have those yet that night. He stood up with a grin and hurried over to Safia. He picked her up in an almost bear hug and spun her around. He then set her down and stepped back, looking a little embarrassed but still smiling.

"SAFIA! Welcome back! Where y'been?"
Safia
 player, 29 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sat 9 Nov 2013
at 05:38
Re: The Festival: Day One
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 121):

Oof ...I. Uh.” She took a moment to catch her breath. The exuberance of Dustil’s greeting left her a shade off-kilter, enough so as to have her mouth mirrored in a similar curve as his. She quickly smoothed it away. “I went home. To train,” she replied. “And to study.”

Her gaze shifted from Dustil to the bowl of red-tinted water, rags, and Tamalie cleansing the multiple wounds on Morien’s torso, before she lifted an inquisitive brow to all. “What happened?”
Morien
 player, 335 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 9 Nov 2013
at 07:02
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien's shoulders fell and he looked away when he replied. "My past caught up with me tonight..."

 He looked almost like he was about to say something else but instead he sighs. "It's good to have you back... we may need all the help we can get."
Safia
 player, 30 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sat 9 Nov 2013
at 19:03
Re: The Festival: Day One
In reply to Morien (msg # 123):

It must have been an angry past, Safia murmured, regarding Morien’s tattered torso with a thoughtful frown. Her eyes narrowed briefly, reflecting a silent oath at retribution. Whoever did this to their teammate had earned her displeasure. Safia’s expression softened as she lifted her gaze to meet the Frost Lord’s sigh.

“Thank you. It’s good to be back.”

Which was her way of saying she would help in any manner they needed.
Tamalie
 player, 295 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 11 Nov 2013
at 05:59
Re: The Festival: Day One
"Safia!" Tamalie calls out while she was still cleaning blood up upon seeing the woman show up. Rushing to clean her hands in the water to make herself more presentable, as soon as she can, she runs up and gives her friend a hug too.

The Druid is quick to say, "Oh we missed you! There was so much that's happened. Everyone is doing well in the Festival, well sort of. I can do better, but everyone else is having a good day. We just got our butts handed to us by a minotaur though. Still, it was really fun. The Gauntlet was literally a blast, with flame bursts, and swinging blades, and then some great dungeon designer thought a minotaur was a good idea to keep us out. We almost saw what was next. With you, it'll be a sure thing though. We can try tomorrow. After we rest up, and see what tomorrow's event brings to the festival. You remember that Pically Billins? That little twisted pervert is on Team Elgavasa." Pausing for a second, she gives Safia another hug, saying, "Sorry. Just excited to see you here. Didn't mean to ramble."
Morien
 player, 336 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 11 Nov 2013
at 07:18
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien poured himself a mug of ale and held it in his hands, watching as the mug frosted over. As much pain as he seemed to be in, he seemed to be more lost in thought than anything, looking deep into the now-frosty beverage with a distant expression on his face.
Mr P
 GM, 33 posts
 'Dems the rules... good
 thing i make the rules
Thu 14 Nov 2013
at 17:23
Re: The Festival: Day One
Jace almost falls from his chair, tilting backward until the warrior entered, and tries to play off the near miss cooly, "Hey Safia... How you been?"

The young mans eyes betray him as he stares at the woman. He catches himself and rushes to get her a drink and offering his seat to her. It was only around Safia that the young man even pretended to have manners and it seems not seeing her for a few days made him seem almost desperate for her approval.
Safia
 player, 32 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Fri 15 Nov 2013
at 05:32
Re: The Festival: Day One

In the midst of being squeezed again and again ...exuberantly, Safia honed in on what she chose as essential, while letting everything else fade into a distant warble. She noted Morien’s pensive expression, the news of a Gauntlet with swinging blades, flame bursts, a Minotaur, and mention of a Pically pervert. The ‘sure thing’ comment wedged disconcertingly at the back of her thoughts. And she caught a pair of bright eyes staring her direction even before the young man they belonged to rushed forward to offer her a drink and his chair.

“Sounds like it has been quite eventful in my absence,” she replied, returning Tamalie’s hug with a brief one of her own. She smiled at her friend, teasing lightly. “I am glad the Minotaur did not endeavor to keep your butts.

Jace!” she turned her attention to their childhood friend, accepting the proffered drink. She remained standing, at least for the moment. There was just something about him, something beneath the surface bluster; something about the liveliness of his eyes that made her smile on the inside despite every proclivity against such nonsense. “I’ve been great. Thanks. What of you?

The question was two-fold; she wondered at his welfare, but she also couldn’t help but wonder at what (business) brought him away from his usual haunt.
Mr. Main
 GM, 632 posts
Sat 16 Nov 2013
at 00:56
Re: The Festival: Day One
Jace shrugs, the surprise of Safia's sudden appearance wearing off he starts to take on his more normal mannerisms again. "Oh not much. Playing tour guide mostly. What about you? You made the team and then disappeared."
Safia
 player, 33 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 00:46
Re: The Festival: Day One
In reply to Mr. Main/Jace (msg # 129):

"Disappeared?" Her brow crinkled briefly, as though the idea struck her as illogical, before her expression turned lightly inquisitive. "Were you looking for me?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 634 posts
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 01:18
Re: The Festival: Day One
"Nope. But considering how excited you were about this tourney. I would have expected you to be part of the first day. Even woke up early to find a good spot on a roof so I could see you two during the parade."
Safia
 player, 34 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 05:29
Re: The Festival: Day One
In reply to Mr. Main/Jace (msg # 131):

Excitement was an emotion she tended to internalize; it rarely found expression in her face. It simply wasn't comfortable there, if at all.

“Well, after competing in the contest for Team Arcadia, I decided my team would be better served if I spent more time on research and physical training, rather than waving to onlookers while parading down the main thoroughfare. In truth, knocking Daven’s teeth out had been the highlight of my day. It was ...satisfying. The Worg chomping down on my thigh, however, was not in the very least, any form of ...pleasure. So I went the Hewitt’s Haven to read up on their herding habits, among other research into battle techniques, weaponry, lore, and other creatures. Such as the spider.

Did you know that the complex structure of a spider web is such that when a single strand breaks, the overall strength of the web increases rather than weakens? The real strength of the web is not the silk, but how its mechanical properties change as things strain it. The intricate design actually boosts its durability. The creation of a typical web uses up a huge amount of a spider’s energy, so it has spun a series of features which stop major repairs being needed. It’s really quite fascinating, but now I’m rambling.”


The mug Jace had earlier handed to her was lifted to her lips for a drink, though she didn’t bother to consider whether it held water, ale, whiskey, or cider. It all wet the tongue.
Mr P
 GM, 35 posts
 'Dems the rules... good
 thing i make the rules
Wed 20 Nov 2013
at 15:45
Re: The Festival: Day One
Jace seems excited and he continues to fill their drinks well into the night. The theif is quick to joke with the team but as the night moves onwards he cuts the conversation off, "Well, it seems the time flies when fun is to be had. I'm going to have to go and get a few things done before I turn in tonight... I expect you all to do well."

As he moves to the door he smiles at Safia, "And lets get a drink tomorrow after the festivals activities. I got this nice bar I think we might all like for a bit of anominity... I think that the owner would like to meet you guys. He's a real player in the city and having a meeting with him can't hurt you guys for after the festival is over."

He winks, "Kick ass for me guys." And the theif heads out into the night.
Morien
 player, 338 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 20 Nov 2013
at 21:02
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien nods to Jayce and waves goodbye. His eyes are still distant and his mind does not really seem to be with him. He arranges to sleep at the Monkey tonight, rather than wherever he usually goes. He leaves the harpoon with Dustil as he goes to bed.

 Tonight, he sleeps with his greatsword in the bed next to him.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 401 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 21 Nov 2013
at 00:21
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil drinks a lot, as normal for him. He is glad to have Safia back, however, and openly grins at her a few times. He goes to bed in his room at the Monkey as usual, and alone as usual. He will need his strength for the next day.
Tamalie
 player, 297 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 21 Nov 2013
at 04:03
Re: The Festival: Day One
Wondering who the person is that Jace wants them to meet, she's wanting to question him, but catches he's in a rush to get home, so the questions will have to wait about who this person might be.

Tamalie isn't staying here, and so has a bit of a jaunt back to her home. Having been born and raised in the city, she's got a comfy, though small room at the academy.

She too says her good byes, and heads off.
Safia
 player, 35 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Fri 22 Nov 2013
at 00:42
Re: The Festival: Day One

It seemed like she had only just arrived and already everyone was leaving for the comfort of their bed. With a nod to Jace before he left, Safia decided she may as well follow suit. She needed to get a good night's rest too. She wore a pensive frown as she watched Morien leave, concern for his welfare niggling at the back of her thoughts. Perhaps rest will heal the distant look in his eyes?

After catching his grins all the evening long, Safia summoned a parting smile for Dustil, and yet another smile for Tamalie, said her 'good nights' and headed home as well.