The Festival: Day One.   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Mr. Main
 GM, 211 posts
Wed 3 Oct 2012
at 01:36
The Festival: Day One
The Sun rose like it always did. Another day had come like the countless ones before it. While to the world itself and most of it's inhabitants this day was nothing important. To you it was special. A "fated" day. Emotion of all kinds flooded you. The ecstatic electric jolts of excitement raising the hairs on the back of your neck and zapping down your spine. The wet, woolen and woozy butterflies of anxiety fluttering in your stomach. The gentle and greedy giddiness forcing a grin to tug at the corners of your mouth. And so many more that seemed to slosh about and simmer inside you as if you were some sort of stew pot.

 The time had finally come to show Arcadia and the rest of the Alliance what you could do. To prove your worthiness and make yourself known. Today your start writing your legend in the hearts and minds of the people with your words and deeds...if only you could reach the damned stage in the middle of the Heart of Arcadia in time.

The city was packed. The streets clogged with people of all kinds from just about everywhere you ever heard about. You had never seen so many people in your life. Even the past festivals weren't this large. You couldn't really count how many where inside the city. In the great tales from the past you had heard of hordes, great hosts, innumerable legions but you felt the throng you saw pushing, worming and otherwise struggling their where through the streets was greater then what you had imagined in those stories.

Luckily though, some of the city guardsmen noticed you and helped to clear the way so you could move and hopefully make it in time.

OOC; I'll give you guys some time to post something for rp and such and then I'll move us along again
Tamalie
 player, 93 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 3 Oct 2012
at 03:18
Re: The Festival: Day One
Following along, the thin half elf doesn't try to take lead for getting through the crowd. She can't even see over the heads of many of the crowd. She's glad she's familiar with the city, otherwise it might have been difficult if she were by herself. Still, she lets others lead the way, pushing through the crowd. She knows they won't leave her behind, so she's comfortable with that.

"We're almost there. I can see the Flags!"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 158 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 3 Oct 2012
at 04:29
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil was trying to remain calm. It was difficult to do so, however. The day was very exciting! And he was sober as a bird, which didn't help at all. If he had been buzzed at least, he would have been more relaxed. He had brought along some potent alcohol in his flask, but that had to wait until they were closer to time for things to start. For the moment he concentrated on making sure he wasn't pickpocketed and that the group stayed together.

Finally, the guards helped them through the crowd. He had been close to just climbing up and running along heads and shoulders. Well, he didn't know that he could pull that off, but it had been a tempting thought.

He grinned over at Tamalie. "Today will be a wonderful day. Soon everyone will see us and you will have to beat suitors off with a stick." He glanced at Aden and rolled his eyes. "And you already think highly of yourself. There will be no living with you after this tournament."
Aden Bero
 player, 163 posts
Wed 3 Oct 2012
at 06:37
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden laughed, replying, "You'd miss me if I wasn't around! Especially after I win the Test of Marksmanship today."
William de Soulis
 player, 62 posts
Thu 4 Oct 2012
at 01:27
Re: The Festival: Day One
William loped along with his brand new shiny box. He treated it as if it would explode at any moment but when it came down to it, it was just the start once he really got things rolling with the box it could do so much more than it could now. And it would be a prototype for the wagon later. Still, city life was somethign that he knew very well and all the bluster was simply because people are bored with day to day life and needed a day off of their day to day. Coin to be made any which way.

"Have you decided which of the trials you guys want me to do?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:32, Sun 07 Oct 2012.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 160 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 4 Oct 2012
at 19:49
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil looked at Willaim and shrugged. "I think you might be best as an entrant in the Test of Wills. Is that what others were thinking?"

OOC: If they think it will be less than an hour for the Test Dustil will be in, then he will either one of the casters use the Wand of Mage Armor on him. If not, he will wait.
Aden Bero
 player, 165 posts
Thu 4 Oct 2012
at 23:40
Re: The Festival: Day One
"In which case Tamalie is in the Test of Wits?  Speak now or forever hold your peace."  Aden looks between Will and Tam to make sure they both feel this is for the best.
Tamalie
 player, 96 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 5 Oct 2012
at 00:21
Re: The Festival: Day One
Nodding her head, she does like that. "A test of Wits? I think I could do that. My Mother always said that I had a way of looking at things from an entirely different perspective. At least that is what she said when the Dean at the Academy was talking about disciplining me for something." Rolling her eyes, she adds, "Like I was supposed to know what happens when you interrupt a summoning circle."
Morien
 player, 119 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 5 Oct 2012
at 02:33
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien clanked through the streets in his armor. His presence augmented by the aura of cold he let off. It was enough to grant him some minor respite from the crowds, but not enough to keep him from getting shoved and jostled... much to his annoyance.

 "I feel the overwhelming urge to hit something until I get tired."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 162 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 5 Oct 2012
at 04:54
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil grinned at Morien. "You wish to take my place in the grand melee, is that it, Morrie?" He let out a low chuckle as they continued heading towards the place where the tests would take place.
Morien
 player, 121 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 6 Oct 2012
at 01:40
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien nodded and smiled wickedly. "Yes."

 The crowds had soured his temper but his humor was beginning to return now that he was away from the majority of the crowd.
Aden Bero
 player, 167 posts
Sat 6 Oct 2012
at 18:22
Re: The Festival: Day One
"Morning Morien.  I thought I felt a chill in the air.  Just give your opponents that same sour-faced wrong-side-of-the-bed look and you'll be a shoe-in for the Test of Wills."  Aden's masterwork crossbow was strapped proudly across his back, though he still felt weird about having it.  Still, it's not like he could through multiple well aimed javelins consecutively yet anyways, and the spring-action latch would allow him to move around and still reload and fire in a fight, from a further distance.  And if he got his timing just right with it, he could actually get off two shots pretty quick.  And yet he hoped he was ready, and couldn't help but think Tarrin might have been a better shot than himself.

Screw that.  Doubt was the enemy.  He was an unstoppable inferno.  Let the games begin.
Mr. Main
 GM, 218 posts
Sun 7 Oct 2012
at 04:16
Re: The Festival: Day One
The town guard manage to clear a path for you into an open area in front of the stage which has been roped off. In this area you see several groups of individuals grouped up scattered around while a handful of others are busy hurrying around doing something. You see Tio wave you over to him.

"Good you made it. It's about to start." as he spoke he pointed to the stage.

On it were about a score of individuals, many of whom you recognize as city officials or members of the town council. there were several that you did not, which included what at first glance seemed to be Golems of some kind, but soon you noticed that their movements were to fluid and though they seemed to have a distinct lack of body language they were obviously engage in some sort of conversation with many of the other beings on stage. Then the mayor, who you all have only ever seen at a distance, walks forward to the podium and beings to speak. you see his mouth move and heard some of his words, but they are faint. However they are followed by an amplified version of his voice.

"Ladies and Gentlemen; visitors from afar, members of the Alliance and my fellow citizens of Arcadia. Today we once again celebrate the signing of the Arcadian Accords and the continued success of our Alliance. For two hundred years today the Accords have bound our great and Diverse city-states and cultures into a Nation that is strengthened by these differences instead of divided. A Political entity that has extended it's sovereignty over the whole of this continent through cooperation, negotiation and understanding instead conquest and bloodshed. A first in the known history of this world.

 For two centuries our Alliance has stood unwavering and unchanged; until today. I am pleased to announce that Forge-town has just today formally signed the Arcadian Accords and is a full member of the Alliance. They have Grafted themselves onto the great and powerful Chimera that is our Alliance and I know that with our hearts and minds combined our Alliance will easily endure for ten more. The Foundation Festival has always and will continue to play an important role in solidity of our Alliance. Though friendly but intense competition we not only reinforce our bonds of Alliance by proving ourselves to each other, but we also display our hearts and determination. Helping us all to come to a greater understanding. To all the champions; you represent not only our hopes and ambitions, but also what is the best and worst of all of us. Strive for Victory with everything you have and know that even in failure and defeat you have our admiration. Now let's meet out champions!

From team Forge-town; Stalwart, Cleave, Rat and Dog!"
the crowd roared and one of the groups of individuals scattered around was lead up on stage. the four of them were golem like people and they stood on stage and stared out over the crowd. After a little coaching they raised their arms and stiffly waved to the onlookers. the crowd cheered for them for a little bit and then they were led of stage onto a float.

"From team Nova Spera: George Blake, Dan, Seth Omega, Carl Dargen, and Tim!" the crowd roared once more and when the group reached the stage each member struck a pose and shouted out to the crowd, though no one could hear what they said over the clamor. they two were lead out to a float.

"From team Thryka: Gnosh Ka-bam'fumbwyr, Adrian Mvashti, Edwin Dean, Jacob Taylor and Emma Snow!" this also ascended the stage amid the shouts of the crowd. they also struck a pose, but as they did the Gnome of the group tossed something from his pockets out onto the stage and there were bright flashes and large clouds of smoke which suddenly appeared behind the group as confetti slowly drifted down. the crowd ate that up and cheered with glee calling for more as the team was led down to their float.

"From team Elgavasa: Revard Janos, Jack, Pically Billins, Thunk and Kern." As this team ascended the stairs to the stage candy, toys, pouches of money and various other goods were tossed out into the crowd. Working it up to a frenzy. they didn't pose, but the gifts thrown out were enough and the crowd cheered the loudest yet for them as the walked towards their float.

"From Team Urdrak: Jon, Reika the red eye, Jarvis Walker, Rick Doller and Red" this group, an red skinned teifling at their lead, walked to the stage. this time instead of cheering the crowd was chanting RED!RED!RED! Over and over again. When team reached the stage this team posed like most of the others and Red tossed his Stetson hat out into the crowd revealing two small horn stubs poking out of his short black hair. The crowd loved it and shouted it's joy. A fight broke out where his hat landed, but it was quickly broken up by the guard. One of which handed the prize to a young boy no older than ten. the boys father put the lad on his shoulders and the kid immediately put the hat on, which feel down around his head to his shoulder blinding him momentarily.

"Finally, last not by no means least our very own Team Arcadia: Aden Bero, Dustil Kraye, Morien, Tamalie Auvryndar, and William De Soulis!"

Tio then gestures for the group to head up on stage.

OOC: I'll let you guys ham it up and try and play it to the crowd if you want. Perform checks, straight charisma checks, if you want to try something like make special effects of so feel free to try something out. If you have any questions about what you want to try feel free to ask. I'll move us forward to the challenges tomorrow night to give you guys time to try stuff. If you all just want move along let me know in OOC and I'll update sooner.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 163 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 7 Oct 2012
at 04:58
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil smiled as he watched the spectacle. He listened to the speech and grinned, clearly enjoying himself. The golem-things were weird looking and he was a bit unsure of the melee after seeing that, frowning slightly. Would they hurt his hand to punch and kick them? He would have to find out more about them.

Then he first paled slightly when Team Elgavasa was called up and announced. "Oh crap." Then looked angry. "What the hell?? He lives in this town! How is he participatin' on a team from another city? How is he participatin' at all??"

He composed himself as Team Urdrak came up, even rolling his eyes at trying to buy the crowd's favor. But he was quiet. Then it was their turn, so he hissed, "Maybe we should do somethin' cool-lookin'?"

He was off, however, almost before he finished speaking. He ran a few steps and then began an several handsprings in a row, hands to the ground then flipping to feet and then hands once more and so on, moving faster and faster. When his feet hit the steps up to the stage he vaulted into a rolling double forward flip in the air, tucking his feet into a ball as his body spun in a circle and even twisting twice so that he landed facing his companions behind him. He hit the stage in a roll and bounced up to his feet with a spinning roundhouse that endangered no one before landing. When he landed he gestured towards his companions in a bow as if to showcase them.

OOC: 22:39, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 19 using 1d20+9. Acrobatics.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:59, Sun 07 Oct 2012.

Aden Bero
 player, 170 posts
Sun 7 Oct 2012
at 07:21
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden, too, watched everything play out with a smile.  He was basking in the honor and glory of the moment, looking forward to being announced, when he froze dead.  Who? Adrian Mvashti??  What was he doing here?  Aden was tense, his fists clenched, a backdraft of contained aggression ready to explode.  He heard Dustil grumbling, but his eyes never left the dark oracle on Team Thryka.  The rest of the announcements were a distant buzzing in his head.  And then Dustil made his move.  An impressive series of somersaults and twirls that fired up Aden's spirit.

When the monk gestured back in their direction, Aden roared "ARRCCAADIIAAAAA!!", as he nimbly sprang into a short series of tumbles.  He came up standing before the crowd, straight and holding a thin juggling baton, one of several attached at his belt.  They were pitched in a unique flammable tar on both ends.  He roared again, this time a command word in Ignan, and with a twirl of his hand, a spark caused the top end of the baton to burst into bright flames.  He looked out over the crowd, an intensity on his face, a brief instant that was the calm before the inferno.

His next movements came rapid fast, a blur of talent.

He twirled another baton from his belt through the air, using his upheld lit baton to tap it back into his empty hand, so that he now held two batons, burning fiercely like torches.  A flick of his wrist flipped the new baton upside down, and he clicked the batons together.  All ends lit, he tossed the new baton into the air, quickly drawing, clicking and tossing two more.  His hands then fell into a natural rhythm, juggling the four burning batons through the air in a furious and rapid series of short&fast, high&lingering, and finally interweaving loops that dizzied and dazzled the audience, ending with a final flourish that extinguished the flames of all but one of the batons. The remaining one he spun in a single hand, his best heart-winning smile turning a few women in the audience to mush as he gave an elegant and practiced bow within a veil of thin smoke.  The spinning stopped and he pointed back to the rest of the group with the single burning baton.


01:07, Today: Aden Bero rolled 10 using 1d20+8. Acrobatics.
01:08, Today: Aden Bero rolled 29 using 1d20+10. Juggling.

Tamalie
 player, 98 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 8 Oct 2012
at 03:53
Re: The Festival: Day One
Excited and nervous, the druid kept feeling like she had to go to the outhouse as she watched the announcements, and the introductions. Knowing their turn would come up, she stayed close by, ignoring her butterflies and urges. And then announcement of Pically from team Elgavasa made her look.

Spotting him come on stage, her mouth dropped open. Rolling her eyes, she grew uncomfortable quickly. Looking away when he was looking over the crowd in her direction, she wanted to hide. "Oh this really will be awkward."

But finally, they were called up by name. She knew Pically would be watching her this time, but she had to go up there and represent for the city. With not much skills in showmanship, she couldn't depend on theatrics like spins and twirls like her team mates have. And her skills were more practical, like taking care of herself in the wild. And right now wasn't all that wild. But there was a little magic she could call up that could draw a little attention. A simple spell, a quick flare in the air would be a little flashy, and hopefully that might just add a little. Concentrating on the cantrip, she almost feels less than spectacular consider that one of the other teams already did flashing, and added smoke to boot.

Still she waved, and tried to smile as big as she could.
Morien
 player, 123 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 8 Oct 2012
at 05:30
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien sighed to himself. He was not particularly well-versed at making people like him. That said, there was one or two things he felt that he might be able to do. He stepped into a familiar stance as darkness cloaked his pale blue armor. From the outside, the darkness looked almost like a black cloak as he ascended the stairs and drew his sword, flourishing it as the shroud dropped. The blade seemed almmost to exist in two places during the flourish until he plunged it into the boards at his feet, freezing the area around it in a thin sheet of ice.

 He then grabbed his sword, thrusting it point toward the sky with a roar.

00:29, Today: Morien rolled 27 using 1d20+12. intimidate.
03:11, Today: Morien rolled 22 using 1d20+3. charisma check.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:12, Mon 08 Oct 2012.

William de Soulis
 player, 64 posts
Tue 9 Oct 2012
at 21:49
Re: The Festival: Day One
The flame that Aden still had burned blue suddenly as it leaped from the end of the baton to the head of Williams cane! He was a master of the prestidigitation magics and he was using a higher form of it.

He smiled as it was clear he had something in his teeth, crushing it and blowing hard he belched forth a plume of blue fire breathing it as if he was a half dragon. From that mass of fire a dragon shaped mote of light and sparkles sailed out. It dove into the crowd! dodging around people faster than they could, but still high enough to be seen by all sides.

He blew into the fire again producing another colour of fire and another snap dragon. He did this, four times. One for red, blue, green, and white. Each of them dodging along the crowd of people. Just out of reach but close enough to dazzle. When all four came full they all reached up to the center mass and combined into a riot of color falling down to the ground. As they fell William had his cane pointed out forcing a trail of smoke, the top being green and the center being brown. The dragon reached the bottom and detonated in a mass of cracks, snaps, pops, and sparkles leaving behind a tree, by shape and color, of smoke that was slowly dissipating away as the burning sparkles of the snapdragons vanished with it.
Aden Bero
 player, 176 posts
Tue 9 Oct 2012
at 22:11
Re: The Festival: Day One
Seeing that Will was providing one hell of a finale, Aden nodded at Tamalie to keep up her cantrip flashes.  In the meantime, using Ghost Sound, he conjured the sound of 12 deep chested men cheering in repeated unison, "ARCADIA! ARCADIA! ARCADIA! ARCADIA!".  He also punctuated the scene with a couple of Burning Hands castings, shooting up a cone of flame fifteen feet into the air.  The oracle maintained the cheering until he got the signal from Will to cut it, right when the final dragon detonated, leaving behind the tree.
Mr. Main
 GM, 229 posts
Tue 9 Oct 2012
at 23:52
Re: The Festival: Day One
There were no words to describe the noise the crowd made, there were thousands in the heart of Arcadia. Screaming, shouting, laughing and making all sorts of other sounds which harmonized as much as clashed creating a deafening crush of sound that was as exhilarating as it was painful and frightening. the crowd was on the brink of riot, jumping, pushing and otherwise struggling to get a better view of the show and exclaim their delight or whatever other emotion they felt. many took up Aden's chant and were shouting ARCADIA in time with the voices Aden's spell produced. Tio came onto the stage and tried to usher you towards the float and get you out of there before you could incite the crowd anymore. As it stood the town guards were on the verge of being stampeded in the crush of the mob as they jostled and swayed, it looked like a few were even trying to rush the stage.

Once on your float a long parade began, leading you down to Archibald's Arena. the streets were packed with people as were roofs, windows, balconies and anyplace else people could stand, sit or occupy to get some sort of view. Several large marching bands played as the parade slowly made it's way through town. Their music only just audible over the shouts of the crowd and that was just because they were closer to you then the crowd was. the parade took nearly two hours to reach the arena, when normally it should have only taken maybe thirty minutes on a busy day. this was mostly because the parade moved slowly and occasionally stopped for the band and other entertainers to make performances or displays. At the end of the march you were lead into the arena and each team huddled into their own little circle a good distance away from each other. there was no shortage of room, the arena was immense. Large enough for mock naval battle to have been held within it in the distant past.

It was the Magnum Opus of Archibald, the fifth head of the Academy of Arcana. Through the use of powerful Transmutation and Illusion magic the terrain of the theater can be changed to fit virtually any scenario and allows every spectator to have a good view. Of course some have often criticized it's creation, claiming that such an expenditure of wealth and magic could have been put to far better use. While such arguments are hard to refute, the place is truly a marvel and a World Wonder.

Mayor Sterling mounts a podium in what used to be Archibald's personal Balcony. large panels of light appear a hundred feat over your heads displaying an image of the mayor as he begins to talk.

"I know all of you are excited for the festivities to begin, so I'll make this quick. the first day of the festival has always been one of introductions and the days challenges reflect this. there are four trials the teams get to compete in to prove their courage, skill and superiority over the other competitors.

 the first is the test of mettle, often a crowd favorite. One representative from each team steps into a ring and they fight until one is left standing inside. the winner gets to choose a prize from the large assortment of weapons provided by Martin and Kern outfitters or they can claim a purse of 1500 gold pieces! the winner also earns 50 victory points for his team.

the second is the test of marksmanship. One representative from each team is selected to compete in a series of elimination challenges. the one who proves his aim is truest gets his choice from an assortment of  Exotic Items provided by East Wind Trading Company or a purse of 1500 gold pieces. the victor also earns 50 victory points for their team.

the third is the test of Will. It is a ladder based tournament of one on one matches between the challenges. If more than one member of a team enters this, there is the chance they could face each other! the champion of this event gets a special item crafted just for them by Arcadia's own Academy of Arcana, though of course certain limits do apply, or they can choose a purse of 1500 gold pieces. the runner up gets a purse of 500 gold pieces. Once again the victor earns 50 vicotry points for their team and the runner up earns 15.

Finally is the test of Wits. any number of team members may compete in this, and all team members that do are allowed to cooperate. The goal is to secure an Item held by a member of the audience here chosen at random. How the item is obtained as well as how long it takes and other factors are weighed by the judges, which are you guy! At the end of the test you get to shout your approval for the team you felt did best. The victors will get a surprise mystery gift provided by Dominus trading or they can choose a purse of 1500 gold pieces. the team that wins this challenge gets 50 victory points, the crowd gets to distribute another 50 points as they see fit. Meaning that a victory in the test of wits can be worth two victories in other events and a loss doesn't necessarily put you out of the running.

Also the team which performs the best overall wins the right to decide when they make their attempt for tomorrows trial. A decision which can give them a decided strategic advantage.

AS you know every day there will be a new challenge for each team to overcome and earn prizes, but there are also other games and events to keep them occupied.

the first is the gauntlet. Once a day each team may try to run the gauntlet, the first team that successful completes the gauntlet not only earns 250 victory points for their team, but also each member also wins a personal prize.

finally there is the Emblem hunt."
the mayor now holds up a charm in the shape of the city's seal.

"11 of these emblems have been hidden or put into the custody of certain unnamed individuals, no one besides those who hold an emblem knows that they hold it, each Emblem is worth 50 points, but can only be turned in at the end of the festival. Which means once you find one you need to hold onto it until then for it to count. Of course the team with the highest total of victory points at the end of the festival will be named the festival champions, be crowned with platinum laurels at the closing ceremony and receive a grand prize.

 Each team now must speak with their adviser and then as a group go and registrar who will compete in what event. the names of competitors for each event won't be announced until they are called to participate. I wish all of the champions the best of luck! Show us what you can do!"
the mayor then sits down and tio walks over to you slowly.

"alright you have a few minutes to finalize your choices for events. When you are ready come over to me and I will lead you over to the official who will take down who is competing in what."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 174 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 10 Oct 2012
at 03:48
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil was glad that his teammates had done such a good job at getting the crowd going with their magics and displays. And he made sure to tell them so once they were off the stage and on the float, grinning the whole time.

The parade took a long time, but Dustil was not in a hurry. It was nice to be able to be cheered and bask in it. It was the first time for him, so he was enjoying it...but also a bit overwhelmed by it and trying not to show it.

The arena...well it was HUGE! And more than a little breathtaking. Words had trouble describing the wonder of it all. He looked around a lot at it, even though he lived in the city, he'd never been in to see the place. So he looked a little like a tourist, but he didn't care.

He listened to the speech about things and then turned to his teammates. "So. This is our last chance to change things or solidify things. I'm still competing in the Test of Mettle, right?"
Morien
 player, 125 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 10 Oct 2012
at 05:40
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien had his helm down and he stood upon the float at the front, perched stoically as though it were his own personal chariot. He remained silent while on the float, but inwardly, his irritability had washed away and he was genuinely enjoying himself. "Well done everyone."

 When he arrived at the arena, he took off his helm to take in the spectacle. It was a great wonder and his awe at it's splendor was evident upon his face.

 As the mayor spoke, he donned his helm once more, listening silently. When it was over, he returned to the group. "Personally, I would still like to compete in the Test of Mettle. Most of my powers are not exactly the kind that will endear me to the crowd, but I should still be able to hit someone until they stop moving... and the more I think on it, the more I realize that I am ill suited to tossing someone out of a ring."
Aden Bero
 player, 178 posts
Wed 10 Oct 2012
at 06:49
Re: The Festival: Day One
The oracle was laughing as they were rushed off the stage, congratulating his friends for a job well done.  They'd had thousands of people in the palm of their hand, and the energy buzzing around them was furious and addictive.  It's exactly why Aden loved performing.  And this was going to go on for days!  And maybe it was his oracle channel to the gods, but he just knew Team Arcadia was destined to steal the show.

Aden smiled and waved a lot during the parade.  He was used to drawing attention from women, but a fever seemed to have gripped half the ladies of the city.  He knew they weren't all screaming and clawing for him--only most of them.  But he smiled, winked, and gawked at them all nonetheless.  It was like a feast for his eyes and a party for his ego.  The perfect motivation for giving the competition everything he had.

When they arrived in the arena, Aden sobered a bit.  There was no finer a stage to announce themselves to the world than this.  A wonder in a world of wonders, full of people here to watch them lay it all on the line.  "Ho-ly shit."  The oracle was smiling ear to ear.

When Morien suggested reconsidering their line-up, Aden looked between the pair, assessing.  "I think either of you make fine candidates.  I'll do my best in the Test of Marksmanship."
Tamalie
 player, 102 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 11 Oct 2012
at 04:09
Re: The Festival: Day One
Having been surprised herself at how well that came across without too much planning, Tamalie is feeling pretty energized.

And even given the chance to discuss their options once more, she keeps to the same choice. "I'm still thinking the Test of Wits."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 176 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 11 Oct 2012
at 04:21
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil let out a quiet sigh and rolled his eyes. But he shrugged and waved his hand. "Fine, fine. If you lose, Morien, I'm gonna hold it over your head though."
Aden Bero
 player, 180 posts
Thu 11 Oct 2012
at 06:29
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden looked at Will.  "I still think you're much more creative than you let on, and could be a perfect partner to Tamalie in the Test of Wits.  If you think you can beat Dustil and everyone else in the Test of Will, however, then I'll not stand in your way.  I underestimate no one on Team Arcadia, and we show them why starting today."  Aden was trying to keep the spirit on his team burning strong.
Morien
 player, 130 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 11 Oct 2012
at 08:07
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien sighed. "No promises, but I'll give it my best."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 179 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 11 Oct 2012
at 18:31
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil pulled out the small bag he had purchased. "Don't forget, for whoever is in the Test of Wills, I bought the facepaint which I think William has currently and this tanglefoot bag. You don't have to be a good grappler necessarily." He shrugged however and seemed to not give it much more though. He hid most of the disappointment from his face. He had been looking forward to the Battle Royale but such was life.
William de Soulis
 player, 65 posts
Tue 16 Oct 2012
at 04:44
Re: The Festival: Day One
William gave a shrug "Don't tell anyone I am creative. They may get the wrong impression, if you use the same trick over and over and over it loses its power each use. I cant use the snapdragon fire work again until I can make another. Most of my tricks are consumables cept the cane."

"As far as the test of wits my plan requires one of us to be very very good at preforming and the other to be very perceptive."

"Past that, I will be where you tell me to be. We do need two people in the test of will, even the runner up gets points."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:46, Tue 16 Oct 2012.

Aden Bero
 player, 193 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 16 Oct 2012
at 08:14
Re: The Festival: Day One
"Oh crap, I forgot about the runner up points in the Test of Will.  If you go up against Dustil, be sure to use that mask on him."

"And Tam, looks like the Test of Wits is yours to crush."
  The oracle crushes air as he clinches his fist, his eyes and demeanor adopting an intense fervor.  "I know you're the smartest out of all of us, even if you're too sweet to admit it.  And everyone seems to adore you.  So go out there and win the crowd while simultaneously backhanding any of those damn bozos that get in your way.  Give 'em a freaking zap like you did Mallard."

An intensity that was a playfully inspired pep talk turns into a serious warning.  "And everyone, watch out for Adrian Mvashti.  That guy got kicked out of the Temple for some crazy business, and he's dangerous.  Don't let your guard down this entire competition."
Tamalie
 player, 107 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 17 Oct 2012
at 01:16
Re: The Festival: Day One
Smiling at the compliment, she tries to downplay that she likes being complimented. "Oh Please."

She continues to listen to Aden's ideas, and when he warns them about Adrian, that reminds her about one of the others, "Uhm, I guess I should have pointed out another fellow. Pically Billins on Team Elgavasa. He's just a creep and he was getting way too creepy in hanging around me. If you see him near me, maybe stay close to me. I don't know all of his tricks, but he can cast some pretty elaborate illusions."
Morien
 player, 137 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 17 Oct 2012
at 05:13
Re: The Festival: Day One
 There was something sinister in the way Morien spoke. "I'll keep an eye out."

 It was almost as though he were hoping that they would try something.
Mr. Main
 GM, 251 posts
Fri 19 Oct 2012
at 02:46
Re: The Festival: Day One
"So you are familiar with some of the members of the other teams? that's good. teams are usually somewhat balanced, so if you know what a few of the members already do, it gives you a clue as to what the others might be. It could also give you some insight into how they might approach a certain challenge. of course same could be said for them, but there's always a down side. So have you decided who is going to compete in what? You can also use this time for some...extra preparations, if you are clever and careful."
Aden Bero
 player, 198 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 20 Oct 2012
at 17:15
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden nods his head at the sensible advice.  "Well, Adrian is an Oracle of Dark Tapestry.  Their specialties involves manipulating the mind, either through charm and compulsion, or illusion.  A strong will is the best defense for most of what he could throw at you.  Don't take him lightly, though."

"Tio, I think Morien will be in the test of mettle.  I'll handle marksmanship.  Dustil and Will have will.  And Tamalie, our little ray of sunshine and stormclouds, has got more wits than all of us put together.  Sign us up, if you don't mind."

Dustil Kraye
 player, 188 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 20 Oct 2012
at 19:17
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil looked away into the gathered crowds and such to mask his disappointment. He didn't want to complain or grumble anymore, so he kept silent, clamping his jaw tightly. He took several slow and deep breaths to try and center himself again.

Finally, he said quietly over his shoulder, "I know the leader of team Elgavasa, Revard Janos. He is a ruthless and tactical businessman who has an establishment in town here called the Silver Tongue, so it's a bit surprising to see him on a team for another town." He sounded a little angry as he continued. "He is a gambler, drinker, womanizer and a thug, supposedly a legitimate merchant and business owner but secretly deals in illegal things like slavery. He takes what he wants when he wants it, and doesn't care for anyone else's feeling." He sighed.
Aden Bero
 player, 199 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 20 Oct 2012
at 19:21
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil Kraye:
"He is a gambler, drinker, womanizer and a thug, supposedly a legitimate merchant and business owner but secretly deals in illegal things like slavery. He takes what he wants when he wants it, and doesn't care for anyone else's feeling."

"Gambler, drinker, womanizer.  These things I can kinda relate to.  But slavery?  Heeeellllll no.  This guys going down." Aden clenches his fist and punches his other hand.
Tamalie
 player, 109 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 21 Oct 2012
at 02:39
Re: The Festival: Day One
Wrinkling her nose at the mentioning of slavery, the druid responds, "That's disgusting. Slavery? Doesn't he have any parents, or children? That really eats my bird. We should let others know about that, and see if they can put a stop to it."
Morien
 player, 138 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 21 Oct 2012
at 08:25
Re: The Festival: Day One
 As an addendum to what Tamalie said, Morien chimes in. "... or we could just run him through with something sharp and rusty. That would solve everyone's problems, I should think."

 He walked over to Dustil. "Tell you what, once this is over, win or lose, I'll take you back to the Drunken Monkey and buy you a whole keg of beer. Sound good?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 254 posts
Sun 21 Oct 2012
at 22:42
Re: The Festival: Day One
"Are you certain he deals in slaves? Slavery, or at least true slavery, is outlawed in Alliance territory. If you have proof you can get him arrested and disqualified from the competition. However he may just be a service contract broker. 'Service' contracts are very legal. It is sorta like slavery, except conditional with some sort of reimbursement at the end. Some people can get desperate and agree to Service contracts with ridiculous terms. " Tio replies.
Mr. Main
 GM, 255 posts
Mon 22 Oct 2012
at 01:32
Re: The Festival: Day One
After all the team Liaison's register who will compete in what trial. there is a flurry of activity as aides and various other people rush about getting the arena ready. It is sectioned off with a somewhat small area for team members who are not competing to occupy. After a little while each of your names are called over to your respective areas.

OOC: this thread is still open, but until each of you completes your trials you'll be stuck in your respective threads. once done you can come back here and shout support to your allies, trash talk your opponents, ect.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 191 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 22 Oct 2012
at 16:10
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil frowned and gave a frustrated sigh. "If I had proof, then he'd've been brought to justice already!!"

He calmed himself and stretched his hand out toward the group. "C'mon! Hands in! On three, we shout Arcadia!" He smiled at them all. "And good luck everyone!"
Aden Bero
 player, 205 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 22 Oct 2012
at 18:42
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden put his hand in, smiling at each of his teammates.
Morien
 player, 142 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 22 Oct 2012
at 20:21
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien paused for a long moment, looking at Dustil, before sighing and shaking his head. He then put his frigid hand on top of Aden's.
Aden Bero
 player, 206 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 23 Oct 2012
at 05:55
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden stopped smiling, instead looking to Tamalie and William, his demeanor begging them to be quick.
Tamalie
 player, 113 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 24 Oct 2012
at 03:39
Re: The Festival: Day One
Distracted, Tamalie realizes what was said, and gives an apologetic brow raise with a friendly smile. Putting her hand in, she knows they will forgive her.

"Come on William! One, Two, Three! Aradia!"
Morien
 player, 168 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 16 Nov 2012
at 06:30
Re: The Festival: Day One

After the Fight

---------------------------

 Morien took up a place outside the arena after recieving any healing he could to soothe his injury. He sat upon the bench, watching his friends, mostly Dustil. He kicked up his legs, leaning against the wall, and remained mostly nonthreatening... well, t least as nonthreatening as a man clad in a full suit of metal could be.
Aden Bero
 player, 244 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 24 Nov 2012
at 22:48
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden came up and took a seat beside Morien, eyeing his frosty comrade.  "Heard you kicked some ass.  And I guess got your ass kicked a little too. Good job, man."  He shouts out for his teammates, "Alright guys!!  Go team Arcadia!!"
Morien
 player, 174 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 25 Nov 2012
at 08:40
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien chuckled. "I only got hit once... but I think he smote me or something. How about you? By the way you were acting, it seems you needed to give yourself an edge?"
Aden Bero
 player, 245 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 25 Nov 2012
at 17:36
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden looked around with a bit of guilt on his face. Leaning in close enough for his breath to frost, Aden whispered, his tone matching his demeanor, "Aye, I'm not proud of it, but I downed a vial of hater-ade. I'm quite certain I would've lost without it, so close was the competition.  Man, some of those guys can throw and shoot!  AND, the hater-ade had me so riled up at one point I thought I'd either start picking them off or turn my crossbow into firewood.  But it pulled me through, by the skin of my teeth." He shakes his head as he says the last.  Obviously the competition had been a very near thing, the oracle having just enough luck in several instances to edge out the rest.  And, as one last bit of justification, he concludes, "Plus, every one of those bastards had a magical aura, or several, emanating from them.  What's fair for one is fair for all."

OOC Translation: Without my new crossbow, a vial of hater-ade, and burning like 4-5 hero points, I'm not sure I would have won.  In fact, I'm almost certain I would've lost.
Morien
 player, 176 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 26 Nov 2012
at 06:05
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien nodded, half smiling. "That aasimar had me worried, to be honest... though it would have been much easier if that dwarf hadn't warned him about me."
Aden Bero
 player, 254 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 30 Nov 2012
at 00:47
Re: The Festival: Day One
Wondering what Tamalie was going to do, Aden looked over to where Dustil and Will were owning their own challenges. He shouted out, sounding like the over-exuberant fan in the crowd, "Punch??  Oh, damn!  That's right!!  No one knows more about drinks than our man Dustil!! It's all yours man!!  Oh crap, Will!!  I don't know what in the hells you just did, but you killed that gnome illusion cooollld!!  That was awesome!!!  His other illusions are PISSING THEIR PANTS!!!

Aden looked to Morien, continuing their conversation, confidence in his tone, almost ghost-sparring in place from the excitement of the moment.  "Yeah, you gotta watch out for the plane-touched.  That tiefling, Red, gave me a hard run for my money.  If luck had been just a liiiittle bit more on his side, he would've taken it."  He gave a little chuckle here.  "Shame for him, though, I've been making my own luck for a lonnng time now, and you can't stop an inferno.  LET'S GO TAMALIE!!!!   That's why you and me gotta stick together, Morien.  You're like a blizzard storm of the century.  And me... well.  You already know.

"What d' ya say, Snowman?  Wanna show the competition what fire and ice is all about, here in Arcadia?  Let's kick some ass this week!"
The oracle had a dangerous, crazy look in his eyes, obviously revved up after their first round victories, spurred on by their three comrades engaged in their own challenges.  He extended his arm towards Morien, fist clenched, waiting for the Grand Melee Champion to do the same.  It was bro-time, or go-time.
Morien
 player, 178 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 30 Nov 2012
at 06:25
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien sighed, frozen fog escaping from beneath his helmet. "Yeah, I know. You're a Fire-Breathing Dragon."

 His response was slightly less cold than his touch as he raised his fist to Aden. "I don't believe in luck though. I believe in Fate... and it seems that Fate smiles upon the two of us this day. I must wonder if she will favor our friends?"

 After the fist bump, Morien went back to watching the matches in contented silence. He wasn't overly worried though, Aden was more than excitable enough for two.

 After a moment, he spoke again. "Tell me, Aden. Why didn't you take the gem as your prize? I noticed how you looked at it."

This message was last edited by the player at 06:28, Fri 30 Nov 2012.

Aden Bero
 player, 258 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 30 Nov 2012
at 08:15
Re: The Festival: Day One
"Ass-Kicking," Aden corrected with a half-hearted mumble.  Otherwise he was just a plain ol' Fire-Breathing Dragon.

When Morien bumped fists with Aden, the Oracle's fist seemed...well, hotter.  Not as hot as Morien's touch was cold, but the man was definitely warmer to the touch than Morien recalled, even from when they'd done a hands-in huddle break right before the competition.

Morien's inquiries into the gem caused Aden to make an odd face, like he felt slightly uncomfortable.  It wasn't a common reaction from the man. He thought for a second before answering, an even rarer occurrence.  "I don't really know how to answer that without sounding crazy.  Let's just say being an oracle can be confusing, and sometimes you feel like you're being pulled different directions.  Some ways you like, some ways you don't.  And some ways you like for all the wrong reasons.  That gem  had a lot of the latter, and I'm not sure my hands would've put it to good use."

This message was last edited by the player at 08:18, Fri 30 Nov 2012.

Morien
 player, 179 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 30 Nov 2012
at 23:31
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien chuckled coldly, his hands placed around his midsection. "I understand that feeling all too well, my friend. The greatest downfall of possessing a power is the desire to use it. More often than not, the greatest strength one can possess is the ability to restrain oneself."

 He briefly pondered about the increased body heat of his companion, but decided not to ask. After all, who was he to talk?

This message was last edited by the player at 23:35, Fri 30 Nov 2012.

Aden Bero
 player, 259 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 1 Dec 2012
at 00:31
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden laughed out loud, replying, "Well said, friend!  You sure you're not an Oracle of Ice or something?  Cuz you sure sound like some of the headmasters at the temple."

Aden appraised Morien's wicked looking new scythe, acknowledging, "That thing lucks pretty damn deadly.  A scythe fits you though.  You're even scarier now than you already were."
Morien
 player, 180 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 1 Dec 2012
at 10:32
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien shook his head. "You think so? And here I thought I was waxing philosophical."

 He then pulls the scythe out and admires it for a moment. "A scythe is more of a tool than a weapon. Even with these modifications, that part has not changed. It's just that this tool is meant to reap lives. It's an executioner's tool."

 After running his hand across the edge, leaving a faint trail of frost upon it, he put it back. "So what do those cracked goggles do anyway? They must do something extra special for you to take them despite being damaged."
Aden Bero
 player, 261 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 1 Dec 2012
at 16:59
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden laughed again when Morien asked about the goggles,  "Well, I didnt know what they did til i put them on.  Not risking that tempting gem, and knowing I could find those other items again later, I chose these because I've always been into Ma'ndo myths and legends.  And here was one of their artifacts staring back at me.  Though if those boots were what i suspected, maybe i should have take  them.  But if I was right, I can always find them again or have my own pair commissioned.  These goggles, though, are a rarity."

"As for what they do, Prepare yourself for a true dose of irony.  Basically, from what I can tell, they register heat, and transfer it into a viewable image.  So, I look At a normal person, their skin is white, their clothes more of a grey.  It's all shades of white, black, and grey.  So, if an enemy turns out the lights, I can still see them as long as they put off heat.  You, of course, look like a black hole through these things."
Aden smiled at the joke of it all.  An oracle of flame using heat vision goggles to look at an ice champion.
Morien
 player, 181 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 2 Dec 2012
at 03:16
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien chuckled. It seems the irony was not lost on him either. "Well, at least you will never have trouble finding me in a crowd. I suggest you not use them when casting fire spells though. The heat would be like a bright flash of light, would it not?"
Aden Bero
 player, 263 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 2 Dec 2012
at 04:01
Re: The Festival: Day One
"Hm, good point.  Normally, I can see through fire like its not even there.  These things might change that though.  I'll have to try it out later on."
Robert Sterling
 NPC, 1 post
Thu 11 Apr 2013
at 00:52
Re: The Festival: Day One
 As the cheering died down and all the competitions finally ended robert sterling the mayor stood up. Now his face was presented by all the floating image planes.

"Todays competition has ended. All the champions have done well, but every contest needs a winner. Todays victors are; Morien, Aden Bero, Dustil Kraye, and Adrian Mvashti. The first day overall standings are; Team Arcadia with a dominating performance has earned 170 points and takes a large opening lead. Team Thryka, thanks to the outstanding showmanship of Adrian Mvashti is in second place with 60 points. in third place is Nova Spera. tied for fourth are teams forge town and elgavasa. last but not least is Team Urdrak. everyone please give our brave competitors a cheer for a great start to our festival!" After the cheering stops the mayor continues

"The victors of each day get a special prize. It is usually something that gives them an edge in the next days competition or in the festival on the whole. the winners of this day get to choose when they make their attempt at tomorrows trial. Which can give them a decided strategic edge. the others get their trial attempt chosen for them at random. the details of tomorrow's trial will not be revealed until just before it starts to avoid giving anyone time to engineer an advantage. Know that it is indeed a trial worthy of this competition and that it will take all the skills, abilities, heart and wits they demonstrated to us today in order to win."
Aden Bero
 player, 329 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 11 Apr 2013
at 05:48
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden cheered like crazy for both Dustil and William all throughout their individual  matches.  He was on pins and needles during their final, all silent and watching the two impressive team-mates do their thing.  Will was one of the most creative individuals he'd ever seen, and obviously to deadly effect.  But Dustil's drunk ass could really move through combat. Or over it, under it, or whatever.  When Dustil won, Aden cheered loudly for both, shouting out congratulations for the pair at the top of his lungs.

He gave Tamalie a loud shout-out when her name was announced after her competition.  When she came to the pavilion afterwards, he welcomed her with a friendly hug, saying, "Those judges are morons, Tamalie!  Obviously no respect for civilized commerce.  You'll get 'em next time!"

When they announced the team standings, Aden waved at the crowds with an enthusiastic smile, and he tried his best not to grimace any time Team Thryka or Adrian Mvashti were brought to his attention.  Somehow his excitement and competitive spirit ratcheted up another level as the mayor hinted at the next day's competition.  He kept patting his companions on the back or lightly speed punching them in the arm, or talking about kicking Mvashti's ass all over the field, or something awesome feat his other teammates would perform.  Basically he was a gibbering idiot of excitement.

When the last was announced, he declared, "Guys, we've got to go see what the gauntlet is all about.  Don't we get to try running it once per day?  I've barely worked up a sweat.  Though I could use some food."  The oracle looked to see if there were any nearby vendors he could get.  Or maybe he could just give his order to their manager....  Might as well enjoy the perks of being a medium celebrity.
Tamalie
 player, 203 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 12 Apr 2013
at 02:04
Re: The Festival: Day One
Accepting Aden's hug, she had a tough time looking him in the eye for the friendly comment. She had her own views about the competition, and she wishes she had a better idea of what she could have faced, and maybe she could have prepared for it differently.

As it was, she responded to Aden with, "It was rather disgusting the it seemed the whole point was to rob or beat some poor man for the prize."

She does ask of the group, "Though I am in need of some coin. I promised him some more gold coin afterwards, more than I had myself. I promise I will pay back every coin."

Though she'll also ask Aden, "What gauntlet? Where is it?"
Aden Bero
 player, 330 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 12 Apr 2013
at 21:21
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden is so pumped up about the gauntlet that he gives Tamalie's poor memory a look of disbelief.  "The gauntlet that Mayor Sterling was talking about at the opening ceremonies.  We get to attempt it once per day!"


Mr. Main:
Mayor Sterling mounts a podium in what used to be Archibald's personal Balcony. large panels of light appear a hundred feat over your heads displaying an image of the mayor as he begins to talk.

"AS you know every day there will be a new challenge for each team to overcome and earn prizes, but there are also other games and events to keep them occupied.

the first is the gauntlet. Once a day each team may try to run the gauntlet, the first team that successful completes the gauntlet not only earns 250 victory points for their team, but also each member also wins a personal prize.

finally there is the Emblem hunt."
the mayor now holds up a charm in the shape of the city's seal.

"11 of these emblems have been hidden or put into the custody of certain unnamed individuals, no one besides those who hold an emblem knows that they hold it, each Emblem is worth 50 points, but can only be turned in at the end of the festival. Which means once you find one you need to hold onto it until then for it to count. Of course the team with the highest total of victory points at the end of the festival will be named the festival champions, be crowned with platinum laurels at the closing ceremony and receive a grand prize."

Morien
 player, 219 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 14 Apr 2013
at 06:18
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien remains surprisingly stoic through the celebration. He waved to the crowd as his name was mentioned, but little else. When Tamalie mentioned the point of her trial, he sighed. "You missed the point of the trial and so did most everyone else. As they said, it was a test of Wits, a trial in which you were meant to out-think your opponent... that said, I would have beaten him up too.

 Let's go check out the Gauntlet. I have an urge to show up the other teams again. How about you, Aden?"

Dustil Kraye
 player, 280 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 14 Apr 2013
at 16:24
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil looked a bit pleased with himself. "I'm glad our team's already doin' so well. That's a GOOD first day!" He smiled at William. "You, sir, are very clever. I'm glad you're on my side. I'm not that good at wits. An' I'd like t'buy you a drink later if you'll let me."

Hearing Aden and Morien, he turned back to them and shrugged. "I'm up for at least lookin' at it."
Tamalie
 player, 205 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 14 Apr 2013
at 23:49
Re: The Festival: Day One
"Sure, it wouldn't hurt to try. At least I hope it won't hurt." Tamalie is perfectly happy to try and vindicate herself for her earlier test of wits results.

She smiled, though inwardly she kept thinking back on what she could have done differently, and what spells might have worked better in her favor.

"It's probably pretty hard, if it's worth so many points. But maybe it'll stay the same challenges, and we can learn what might work best on a 2nd or 3rd attempt. By the way, you guys did really good today. I'm pretty lucky to have a bunch of capable chums."
Aden Bero
 player, 332 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 16 Apr 2013
at 00:09
Re: The Festival: Day One
To Morien, Aden replied, "We've been showing up the other teams since the opening ceremonies.  I can't think of a reason to stop now!!"

To the others, he agreed, "Yeah, we're all a bunch of badasses.  But what would you expect from Team Arcadia?  Don't leave out yourself, Tam.  You'll have plenty of shining moments before this is all said and done!!"

Aden was ready to go check out this gauntlet, grabbing food on the way if necessary.
Mr. Main
 GM, 470 posts
Tue 16 Apr 2013
at 00:54
Re: The Festival: Day One
"The Gauntlet is a tricky subject. you see you can't see it until you enter it. No one, besides the officals, can see your runs through it. once it is beaten illusions showing each attempt at it will be displayed at various locations through out the city. this is to keep any team from getting an edge in it against the others. So if you do enter try to keep your lips sealed about what you encounter there. any info you let slip could help your competitors beat it before you do.

 when you enter each of you is given a broach. at any time you personally can quit the gauntlet by hitting your broach. Also if you fall unconscious or certain other criteria are met it will trigger automatically and remove you. the rest of your team is allowed to press on, but as more and more people drop out it becomes less and less likely for you to succeed. Of course you can still gain valuable info by pressing on, but remember it is dangerous. People have died running the gauntlet before. It doesn't happen ofter, but it does happen. The gauntlet is open all night so feel free to attempt it at any time. But you only get one chance a day and of course any injuries, items used, ect that happen in the gauntlet you are responsible for taking care of."
Tio explains.
Morien
 player, 220 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 16 Apr 2013
at 03:23
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien smirks as he dons the brooch. "Well then, shall we get started? Aden, Tamalie, I do hope you have enough healing spells to restore us should this go badly?"
Tamalie
 player, 207 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Tue 16 Apr 2013
at 03:24
Re: The Festival: Day One
"A mystery, huh? Color me interested." She says quickly when explained more about the details of the gauntlet. She's also quick with a smile. "Let's go for it. What's the worse that could happen?" She says naively. "I don't have a lot of curative spells, but we can always use the broach if things get dicey, right?"

This message was last edited by the player at 03:25, Tue 16 Apr 2013.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 282 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 16 Apr 2013
at 13:59
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil laughed quietly. "Buncha foolhardy eager beavers I find myself hooked up with." But he was grinning. "Lemme get a drink first an' then I'll be good t'go!" He rushed off to down a pint and fill up his flask before coming back to get a broach.
Aden Bero
 player, 333 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 16 Apr 2013
at 17:21
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden hits his fists together, a mischievous foolhardy smile painting his face, fire in his eyes.  Which his companions could see, as his new Ma'ndo Visor, on his brow, was tilted up.  "Alright!  I'm fired up for this mystery gauntlet.  As for healing, I have four spells of the first divine order remaining today, which can be used for curing light wounds.  And I have four scrolls of the same spell.  Let's keep a sharp eye, and work together.  And let's enter with weapons at the ready, just in case."  Following his own advice, Aden straps his masterwork buckler onto his left arm, and draws his shortspear.

"Will, you ready for this?"  Aden inquires the last of William, their silent fifth member.
Morien
 player, 221 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 22 Apr 2013
at 03:48
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien takes the lead, sword drawn, as he enters the gauntlet.
Aden Bero
 player, 361 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 11 May 2013
at 21:26
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden stops, saying, "Guys, we should probably pick up some things before we jump into this gauntlet.  Perhaps we should return that rich kid's rapier after all, and get some quick cash to fill out our inventory?"
Morien
 player, 227 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 12 May 2013
at 06:16
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien half turns. "Actually, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. Remember a few days ago? After I sent Tamalie home that night, I learned something. The medals that we have to search for will be in the hands of influential people in the city. I suggest we use the rapier as leverage to get the medal from him if he has one."
Tamalie
 player, 227 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 13 May 2013
at 02:15
Re: The Festival: Day One
Raised eyebrows, Tami is a little surprised at Morien's information, and she asks, "Where did you learn that?"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 302 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 13 May 2013
at 02:39
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil's eyebrows rose up. "INT'restin'! Good info, Morrie. An' good question, Tam." He looked at the gauntlet and then back at the team. "Sooooo. No gauntlet today then? Kay." He looked only very mildly disappointed.
Morien
 player, 228 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 13 May 2013
at 04:11
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien sighed. "Well, after the fiasco with Luther, I went to find some place to take the edge off. I met someone there who was interested in supporting our team. I learned it from him."
Aden Bero
 player, 362 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 13 May 2013
at 06:16
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden replies, "Good find, Morien.  I agree, let's broker a trade--the rapier for some of the pendants."

He looked to Dustil, continuing, "We'd be foolish to not attempt the gauntlet today.  We're allowed to do so once per day, so every day is a chance to succeed.  It doesn't sound like we're expected to complete it our first time through, but we might as well give it a go.  So, is everyone in agreement, we use this loot money Morien was kind enough to secure for us, buy 4 potions, a few scrolls, and supplement our survival gear?"

ooc: Mainly just need Morien to agree to loot arrangement.  Or not.  If not, then Aden will probably sell the sticky bomb and flash bomb he took off rich kid to get the suggested stuff, cuz I think it's important.
Morien
 player, 229 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 13 May 2013
at 11:16
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien nods. "That's fine by me... but you had better heal me if I run out of potions!"
Aden Bero
 player, 365 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 14 May 2013
at 04:49
Re: The Festival: Day One
"Chill out, Morien," Aden replies with a smile.  "You know I've got your back.  I'll heal ya, and then put a javelin through whoever hurt ya in the first place.  Nobody messes with Team Arcadia."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:56, Fri 17 May 2013.

Tamalie
 player, 228 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 16 May 2013
at 02:38
Re: The Festival: Day One
Raising a hand, and her voice, Tamalie quickly offers, "I can keep a curative spell at the ready. I don't often have more than one though, as my casting is focused on nature. If you want me to summon a storm up, let me know?" She smiles, thinking the idea humorous.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 307 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 16 May 2013
at 04:46
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil gave a low bow. "I shall endeavor to be struck less often so as to not use up all the curatives." He chuckled then and took a sip from his flask. "So we goin' in, or goin' t'sell the rapeyer?"
Aden Bero
 player, 369 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 19 May 2013
at 16:31
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden comes jogging back up after being gone for a few minutes.  He dumps a bunch of gear on the ground, mainly rope and grappling hooks.  He hands some potions to Dustil and Morien, some scrolls to Tam and Will, and asks if anyone else can help carry some of the gear.  Apparently he's the kind of guy that likes to be prepared when possible, and this mysterious gauntlet sounds like it might throw some curve balls at them.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 382 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 10 Oct 2013
at 02:08
Re: The Festival: Day One
"Anyone up fer a drink? I'm headin' t'the Monkey t'knock back a few an' then crashin' out fer the night." He gave a friendly smile to his team. "Despite the fact that we didn't win, we still kicked much ass t'day!"

He turned and headed back towards the inn and tavern with a slight spring in his step.
Tamalie
 player, 284 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 10 Oct 2013
at 03:01
Re: The Festival: Day One
Shaking her head no, she seems a little wishy washy about heading to the tavern. "I don't know. I should probably head back, catch some rest. Better for me to be well rested for tomorrow." Then remembering something, she asks, "What event was tomorrow again?"
Morien
 player, 312 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 10 Oct 2013
at 06:36
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien leaves without saying a word as soon as the road splits. However, it does not seem like he's heading back toward his inn, nor does it seem like he's heading toward the Monkey.
Tamalie
 player, 285 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 10 Oct 2013
at 12:27
Re: The Festival: Day One
"Morien! Good night!" She calls out after him as he leaves.

But once he's gone, she looks at Aden and Dustil, shaking her head and chuckling over Morien leaving so quickly and quietly.
Aden Bero
 player, 445 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 10 Oct 2013
at 18:34
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden stops Morien before he leaves.  "Wait, were we wanting to see about trading rich kid's sword for possibly finding one of the scavenger hunt tokens?"
Morien
 player, 313 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 11 Oct 2013
at 05:43
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien throws up his hand and waves but doesn't turn around. Neither does he turn when Aden speaks. However, he does answer. "We will do that tomorrow."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 383 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 11 Oct 2013
at 14:20
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil chuckled and hip-bumped Tamalie. "Yah, I think we should do that, Aden, but I think Morrie's right. Tomorrow'll work." He took a step towards the path to the Monkey. "Anythin' else, mates? If no, have a good night, get lots o'sleep, both o'you stay beautiful."
Mr. Main
 GM, 611 posts
Fri 11 Oct 2013
at 22:42
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden, dustil and tamalie are left talking to each other as Morien heads off on his own...
Morien
 player, 314 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 12 Oct 2013
at 04:46
Re: The Festival: Day One
PM
Aden Bero
 player, 446 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 12 Oct 2013
at 19:16
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden shrugs and decides to head off to the Monkey with Dustil.
Mr. Main
 GM, 612 posts
Sun 13 Oct 2013
at 02:56
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden and Dustil head off to the Monkey. OOC: tam you can tag along or run off to home. If you run off to home let me know. otherwise feel free to post with the guys.

as soon as you walk in you hear cheers and applause. Feleece runs over and gives each of you a hug and a swift sweet friendly kiss on the cheek. "You guys were great!" Bear follows close behind. His face looks stern and his hands aren't immediately visible. He then suddenly thrusts them out at you... and shoves large tankards of ale into your chests. "My private reserve. you guys did good. keep it up." He then heartily slaps each of you on the back.

Feleece leads you guys to a table that has been held in reserve for you. the tavern is packed and all the other tables and the bar are crowded. the crowd is filled with excitement. Some are cheering Arcadia, others are arguing over their personal interpretations of what happened (think arm chair quarterbacks and sports casters). there are even a few make comments like "this is only the first day. tomorrow team ... will beat you!" or "Look out, red's gonna be gunning for you now and he don't miss!" And many more. none of the voices are angry or aggressive though. It's all more like friendly taunting and trash talking.

As Feleece wanders away Bess walks over with a tray full or drinks and food. "From your fans. well played today boys."

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:57, Sun 13 Oct 2013.

Tamalie
 player, 286 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 13 Oct 2013
at 03:33
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dragged along, Tamalie was tired, but still needed to unwind. And with the reception at the Drunken Monkey, she's glad she did. Welcome faces, and a crowd of people who are willing to talk about what was going on at the Festival was a nice change of pace. Much less competitive than being 'on' all day like she was.

ooc-Tamalie isn't sure who's clothes she borrowed from the other day when seeking the murderer, but she'd like to apologize to the woman in person if she's one of the waitresses.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 384 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 13 Oct 2013
at 05:10
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil looked surprised, but pleasantly so, at the reception the trio received upon entering the Monkey. He grinned at Aden and Tamalie, then at the crowd. "Thanks! Glad ya'll enjoyed the show so far! We'll try t'do better tomorrow!"

He smiled at the tankards. "Thanks, Bear. We'll do our best."

They had their own table? He gave an eyebrow-raised look at his two companions. He cheerfully accepted the free drinks and food, and politely didn't correct or punch the "armchair tacticians".

"Kisses, cheers, free food an' drink? Guy could get used t'this."
Morien
 player, 315 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 13 Oct 2013
at 07:46
Re: The Festival: Day One
PM
Aden Bero
 player, 447 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 13 Oct 2013
at 13:08
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden laughed at the reception, breaking into a huge smile. He was feeling pretty confident all of a sudden, so he returned Felece's kiss, cheek for cheek. He gave Bear a thumbs up and a thanks, and clapped Dustil on the back in agreement as to this becoming standard treatment.  For the moment the oracle was able to forget things troubling his mind. And he peered about, wondering if he might spy a cute little fire sorceress somewhere in the crowd.

As they sit, gnawing on some food, Aden pondered aloud, "I wonder where Ice Bucket was off too?  Prolly needed a little weird alone time with that armor he's so intimate about. He should have at least come out for one celebratory drink!"

The oracle continued to look around the crowd, wondering if there were familiar faces.  He looked about for Cylithrea as well, worried for the lass.
Tamalie
 player, 287 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 13 Oct 2013
at 13:17
Re: The Festival: Day One
Tamalie pats Dustil on the shoulder when he seems a bit excited about the attention.


Shrugging her shoulders at Aden's question about Morien's travels, she comments, "Morien does march to his own beat at times, yea? He's probably finding an Inn that's kept chilled. We'll have to ask where he's staying in the morning."

This message was last edited by the player at 13:18, Sun 13 Oct 2013.

Mr. Main
 GM, 613 posts
Sun 13 Oct 2013
at 14:28
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden does not see Cyli around and thinking logically that makes sense. she was beaten pretty severely and her face is still probably showing signs of bruising, plus after an incident like that she probably wouldn't want to be around a large number of people, mostly strangers, for a while. Aden also does not see Sarah. OOC: if you remember you said you would find her.
Aden Bero
 player, 451 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 22 Oct 2013
at 18:35
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden finishes the drink brought by Bear, leaves a tip for their serving girl, and says his farewells to the others.  "I'm headed back to the temple for a little R&R.  Come find me or send a messenger if you need anything.  Be careful on the streets guys.  Go Team Arcadia!!!"  Aden yells the last before making his exit.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 18:35, Tue 22 Oct 2013.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 386 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 22 Oct 2013
at 20:22
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil waved at Aden. "Have a good night!"

He was happy. At his favorite place, having done at least decent that day, and the atmosphere was cheerful. All was right with the world, almost.

He looked around and then saw Tamalie was still with him at the table. "Uh. Good job today, Tam. You were awesome and beautiful as normal!" He raised his flagon to her. He quickly took another swallow of ale before he could say anything else.
Mr P
 GM, 29 posts
 'Dems the rules... good
 thing i make the rules
Fri 25 Oct 2013
at 04:50
Re: The Festival: Day One
The Drunken Monkey seemed to be particularly crowded this evening. Apparently word had gotten around the festival that this was the usual spot to find any of the Arcadian Champions. The rumor seemed to stem from a one Jace, who was very proudly announcing that they would be there, and looking for sponsorship deals from any local business that wanted them to portray their likeness on the next days competition.

Luckily the usual crowd was able to dissuade all but the casual customer from leaving before Tam and Dustil arrive. They are ushered into a private room in the back where they find a fine meal and all the finest wine and ale there aplenty.

Before the food starts to get cold a short knock on the door is followed by the entrance of Jace himself and a rather battered looking Morien, whom the young rogue is supporting into the room. He looks at the feast before brightly smiling, "A feast? For me? You shouldn't have... If you don't mind." Letting Morien stand on his own the young man snatches the mug in front of Dustil and frowns as he finds it to be empty. Refilling it and pouring two more he moves to sit down at the table.

"So... How was everyone's day? I know I am worn out from all the walking and talking I've had to do lately. This festival is making the streets unbearable during the day"
Morien
 player, 320 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 25 Oct 2013
at 05:03
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien's armor is caked with frozen blood and, from the way he was staggering, it looked to be his own. He carried a harpoon with rope over his shoulder, as he staggered to the table. He sits, takes off his helmet, and puts his head in his bloody, plated hands.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 391 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 26 Oct 2013
at 19:19
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil frowned as someone entered that he doesn't know, but he was 'bearing' a beat-up Morien. "Whoa! Morien, what happened? Thought you were goin' home? You look like you jumped in a fightin' pit."

Then the other man made himself at home. "Hey!" Dustil stood up quickly, knocking his chair back. He cocked a fist back but hesitated since the man had been helping Morien. "Don't take what ain't yours, 'specially from me when I don't know who the hell you are."

He took his now refilled mug back and sat back down. He looked over at Morien. "Who is this guy?"
Morien
 player, 323 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 26 Oct 2013
at 21:12
Re: The Festival: Day One
 With some effort, Morien raised his head by placing both forearms on the table. "His name is Jace. He's a friend of Tamalie's and has helped me out several times."

 He picked up a mug of ale and Dustil could notice the trembling in his hands by the movement of the liquid in the cup. "It seems I have made enemies in my past... but I do not remember them."

 He finally took the harpoon off his shoulder and placed it on the table. It was completely metal, with no wooden grips. "I went to do some last minute shopping before tomorrow. This is a gift to you, Tamalie, and Aden. I also went to make sure Clive Delmar's son returned alive. It would not have done for us to venture off and ransom off his son's weapon if he were dead. It will be a tricky situation even with him alive.

 On my way back, I was ambushed. I drove my opponent off, but he will return, no doubt more prepared."

Mr P
 GM, 30 posts
 'Dems the rules... good
 thing i make the rules
Sat 26 Oct 2013
at 21:36
Re: The Festival: Day One
Jace smiles brightly as Dustil dusts him up. He seems to get a thrill from riling up the Monk. He allows Morien to introduce him and raises a tankard of his own towards Dustil, "My apologies... Tam has just talked about you all, and I have had the opportunity to watch you guys all day, I just feel like part of the family."

He looks up as he bits into a brown loaf, "I could have told you that idiot Johan made it back... And I would be wary, cause way he tells it, you guys cheated him out of the championship there."
Morien
 player, 324 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 26 Oct 2013
at 22:14
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien shook his head. "Only if you count knocking him out, stripping him naked, and tying him up out in the woods 'cheating'. Still, he shouldn't have started a fight with us."

 He took another sip of ale and the shaking in his hands lessened. He grabbed a bite of cheese and bread.
Mr P
 GM, 31 posts
 'Dems the rules... good
 thing i make the rules
Sun 27 Oct 2013
at 21:47
Re: The Festival: Day One
Moving from his bread to a roll of cheese the man simply shrugs, "I may know that, you guys may know that, but in that kids twisted little mind you all just plotted against him to make him look like a fool to his father. To be honest, he is a bit of a duff, and I think his father is right about ready to kick him to the curb."

He looks at the group, "What's the deal with the crazies all getting out together right at the start of the festival? I swear if its not one thing its another."
Tamalie
 player, 290 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 28 Oct 2013
at 03:50
Re: The Festival: Day One
A little stunned by Morien's appearance, she sits wide eyed, and jaw dropped. Catching her breath, she gets up, coming closer to Morien, and aware that touching him is never comforting, lets her hand hover over his shoulder, and looks pained as she asks him, "Where does it hurt?"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 393 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 28 Oct 2013
at 05:57
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil frowned as he listened to Morien talk. He noted the tremble the other man had but didn't mention it yet. Morien had trouble remembering things, and it was a bit odd, but he let it lie for a moment.

He looked at Jace when that man spoke. Part of the family? Not as far as Dustil was concerned. Not yet anyway. He'd have to asked Tamalie about this Jace person sometime.

He shrugged. "We haven't cheated. I sure hope he don't try t'spread false rumors like that. I'd hate t'have t'call him out on it."

He raised an eyebrow. "Crazies? Whatcha mean?" That could be referring to any number of people.
Morien
 player, 325 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 28 Oct 2013
at 06:59
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien undid the straps on his armor, opening it up a bit to reveal that his entire body was covered in blood smears. His shirt had been ripped to tatters and his entire upper torso covered in cuts. None of them were deep, but there were many MANY of them. "All over."

 He took another deep breath. "If his father is as put out with him as you say, then our job may be that much easier. If we explain to the father that our only reason for taking the blade was to keep him from attacking us again, then we may manage to come away without stirring up his wrath. It was meant to be a race, after all... not usually a contest known for its violence."
Tamalie
 player, 293 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 30 Oct 2013
at 02:13
Re: The Festival: Day One
Seeing the wounds, Tamalie scowls, asking, "What in the...?! How could you be so cut up through your armor?"

Giving him a frown, she chides, "Good call on going off on your own." Before getting up and walking off to try and get some warm water and a cloth. Tamalie hopes to grab the attention of a server so that they could go and bring a bowl of warm water and a cloth to her.

If there can be water and cloth brought, she'll help Morien with cleaning up the blood.
Morien
 player, 329 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 30 Oct 2013
at 02:25
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien sighs. "Bats were summoned, lots of them. They got inside my armor."

 He takes another sip of ale, his nerves calming and some of his bravado returning. "And I'm never on my own as long as I have this."

 He indicates the warhorn hanging from the belt at his hip.
Mr. Main
 GM, 623 posts
Wed 30 Oct 2013
at 03:16
Re: The Festival: Day One
"It's not that simple. Clive Delmar is a proud man and you humiliated his son. Even if he isn't pleased with his Johan, humiliating him isn't exactly earning you points." Jace comments as he continues to help himself to the food provide, particularly the small wedge of cheese.

Bess comes by with warm water, some rags and bandages for Morien.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:53, Wed 30 Oct 2013.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 395 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 31 Oct 2013
at 00:22
Re: The Festival: Day One
"Sheesh." He looked at all the cuts and wounds no Morien, and then cringed only slightly at the explanation. Bats INSIDE armor and clothes sounded very unfun. "Didja get a look at the attacker? Spellcaster, obviously. Couldja tell what kinda caster they were, arcane, divine or whatever?"
Morien
 player, 331 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 31 Oct 2013
at 00:45
Re: The Festival: Day One
 "Humiliation and embarrassment are dutiful teachers. Without them, a man will remain a child within forever. It seems our Clive Delmar is at odds with himself."

 and then his shoulders sunk. "No, though I am assuming that he was of the Arcane bent. He attacked me by casting spells through his familiar."
Safia
 player, 27 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Thu 7 Nov 2013
at 01:07
Re: The Festival: Day One
In reply to Mr P (msg # 104):

An amalgam of thoughts weighed heavily on Safia’s mind as she exited Hewitt’s Haven and made her way to The Drunken Monkey, her boots clicking a rhythmic pattern on the hard-packed earth. Concern at not being prepared enough, intermingled with the latest gossip circulating town, had brought her to the library; her home away from home. When she wasn’t sparring with her brothers to prepare for the festival, she buried her nose in book after book consuming all the knowledge her mind could hold …and then some. She had hoped her research into fighting-styles, weapons, strategy and the like would prove a worthy distraction, but she couldn’t quite shake dark rumors from her thoughts—the mystery of a murderer’s mind.

Her brothers had told her of the paladin who had been killed while defending a woman from her attacker, and how the other paladins had been throwing their political weight around town in an effort to locate the killer and mete out justice …she presumed. Safia lifted blue eyes from the unfocused stare at the toes of her boots to look around as she walked. Questions filled her mind, each one tumbling over the other for priority. Had the attacker’s prey been chosen in random? Was the killer an outsider or a local? The town had grown 10-fold or better in population since the festival, but it obviously had not been an over-zealous or drunken festival-goer gone wrong. It took an unflinching mind to stand and fight against a paladin, especially to the death. What of the woman ...was she safe? What if the killer came back to finish what had been interrupted?

Questions, curiosity, and concerns. Her mind was not quiet.
Mr P:
The Drunken Monkey seemed to be particularly crowded this evening…
...Tam and Dustil arrive. They are ushered into a private room in the back.

Reaching her destination, Safia drew in a breath and released, letting all the dark thoughts flow out and away as she entered the tavern. Was Dustil here yet? ...Silly question, she thought, her mouth twitched in amusement. Paused at the threshold, her gaze took a casual survey of the room and its patrons before she strode assuredly toward the bar.  She would just have cider and wait until her teammates showed.
Mr P
 GM, 32 posts
 'Dems the rules... good
 thing i make the rules
Thu 7 Nov 2013
at 16:19
Re: The Festival: Day One
Bear sees the woman arrive at the tavern and makes it a point to emerge from the back of the bar and usher her towards the back room. As the crowd grows around her the gentleman speaks as they reach the private room, "You lot need to start using the back entrance at this rate."

Safia finds herself in front of the Arcadian champions once again. A feast still remains out, and the group seem immersed in a deep conversation as she enters.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 398 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 8 Nov 2013
at 15:06
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil looked a bit floored for a moment. He blinked a few times to make sure it wasn't a drunken illusion, but then he remembered he hadn't been drinking long enough to have those yet that night. He stood up with a grin and hurried over to Safia. He picked her up in an almost bear hug and spun her around. He then set her down and stepped back, looking a little embarrassed but still smiling.

"SAFIA! Welcome back! Where y'been?"
Safia
 player, 29 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sat 9 Nov 2013
at 05:38
Re: The Festival: Day One
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 121):

Oof ...I. Uh.” She took a moment to catch her breath. The exuberance of Dustil’s greeting left her a shade off-kilter, enough so as to have her mouth mirrored in a similar curve as his. She quickly smoothed it away. “I went home. To train,” she replied. “And to study.”

Her gaze shifted from Dustil to the bowl of red-tinted water, rags, and Tamalie cleansing the multiple wounds on Morien’s torso, before she lifted an inquisitive brow to all. “What happened?”
Morien
 player, 335 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 9 Nov 2013
at 07:02
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien's shoulders fell and he looked away when he replied. "My past caught up with me tonight..."

 He looked almost like he was about to say something else but instead he sighs. "It's good to have you back... we may need all the help we can get."
Safia
 player, 30 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sat 9 Nov 2013
at 19:03
Re: The Festival: Day One
In reply to Morien (msg # 123):

It must have been an angry past, Safia murmured, regarding Morien’s tattered torso with a thoughtful frown. Her eyes narrowed briefly, reflecting a silent oath at retribution. Whoever did this to their teammate had earned her displeasure. Safia’s expression softened as she lifted her gaze to meet the Frost Lord’s sigh.

“Thank you. It’s good to be back.”

Which was her way of saying she would help in any manner they needed.
Tamalie
 player, 295 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 11 Nov 2013
at 05:59
Re: The Festival: Day One
"Safia!" Tamalie calls out while she was still cleaning blood up upon seeing the woman show up. Rushing to clean her hands in the water to make herself more presentable, as soon as she can, she runs up and gives her friend a hug too.

The Druid is quick to say, "Oh we missed you! There was so much that's happened. Everyone is doing well in the Festival, well sort of. I can do better, but everyone else is having a good day. We just got our butts handed to us by a minotaur though. Still, it was really fun. The Gauntlet was literally a blast, with flame bursts, and swinging blades, and then some great dungeon designer thought a minotaur was a good idea to keep us out. We almost saw what was next. With you, it'll be a sure thing though. We can try tomorrow. After we rest up, and see what tomorrow's event brings to the festival. You remember that Pically Billins? That little twisted pervert is on Team Elgavasa." Pausing for a second, she gives Safia another hug, saying, "Sorry. Just excited to see you here. Didn't mean to ramble."
Morien
 player, 336 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 11 Nov 2013
at 07:18
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien poured himself a mug of ale and held it in his hands, watching as the mug frosted over. As much pain as he seemed to be in, he seemed to be more lost in thought than anything, looking deep into the now-frosty beverage with a distant expression on his face.
Mr P
 GM, 33 posts
 'Dems the rules... good
 thing i make the rules
Thu 14 Nov 2013
at 17:23
Re: The Festival: Day One
Jace almost falls from his chair, tilting backward until the warrior entered, and tries to play off the near miss cooly, "Hey Safia... How you been?"

The young mans eyes betray him as he stares at the woman. He catches himself and rushes to get her a drink and offering his seat to her. It was only around Safia that the young man even pretended to have manners and it seems not seeing her for a few days made him seem almost desperate for her approval.
Safia
 player, 32 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Fri 15 Nov 2013
at 05:32
Re: The Festival: Day One

In the midst of being squeezed again and again ...exuberantly, Safia honed in on what she chose as essential, while letting everything else fade into a distant warble. She noted Morien’s pensive expression, the news of a Gauntlet with swinging blades, flame bursts, a Minotaur, and mention of a Pically pervert. The ‘sure thing’ comment wedged disconcertingly at the back of her thoughts. And she caught a pair of bright eyes staring her direction even before the young man they belonged to rushed forward to offer her a drink and his chair.

“Sounds like it has been quite eventful in my absence,” she replied, returning Tamalie’s hug with a brief one of her own. She smiled at her friend, teasing lightly. “I am glad the Minotaur did not endeavor to keep your butts.

Jace!” she turned her attention to their childhood friend, accepting the proffered drink. She remained standing, at least for the moment. There was just something about him, something beneath the surface bluster; something about the liveliness of his eyes that made her smile on the inside despite every proclivity against such nonsense. “I’ve been great. Thanks. What of you?

The question was two-fold; she wondered at his welfare, but she also couldn’t help but wonder at what (business) brought him away from his usual haunt.
Mr. Main
 GM, 632 posts
Sat 16 Nov 2013
at 00:56
Re: The Festival: Day One
Jace shrugs, the surprise of Safia's sudden appearance wearing off he starts to take on his more normal mannerisms again. "Oh not much. Playing tour guide mostly. What about you? You made the team and then disappeared."
Safia
 player, 33 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 00:46
Re: The Festival: Day One
In reply to Mr. Main/Jace (msg # 129):

"Disappeared?" Her brow crinkled briefly, as though the idea struck her as illogical, before her expression turned lightly inquisitive. "Were you looking for me?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 634 posts
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 01:18
Re: The Festival: Day One
"Nope. But considering how excited you were about this tourney. I would have expected you to be part of the first day. Even woke up early to find a good spot on a roof so I could see you two during the parade."
Safia
 player, 34 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 05:29
Re: The Festival: Day One
In reply to Mr. Main/Jace (msg # 131):

Excitement was an emotion she tended to internalize; it rarely found expression in her face. It simply wasn't comfortable there, if at all.

“Well, after competing in the contest for Team Arcadia, I decided my team would be better served if I spent more time on research and physical training, rather than waving to onlookers while parading down the main thoroughfare. In truth, knocking Daven’s teeth out had been the highlight of my day. It was ...satisfying. The Worg chomping down on my thigh, however, was not in the very least, any form of ...pleasure. So I went the Hewitt’s Haven to read up on their herding habits, among other research into battle techniques, weaponry, lore, and other creatures. Such as the spider.

Did you know that the complex structure of a spider web is such that when a single strand breaks, the overall strength of the web increases rather than weakens? The real strength of the web is not the silk, but how its mechanical properties change as things strain it. The intricate design actually boosts its durability. The creation of a typical web uses up a huge amount of a spider’s energy, so it has spun a series of features which stop major repairs being needed. It’s really quite fascinating, but now I’m rambling.”


The mug Jace had earlier handed to her was lifted to her lips for a drink, though she didn’t bother to consider whether it held water, ale, whiskey, or cider. It all wet the tongue.
Mr P
 GM, 35 posts
 'Dems the rules... good
 thing i make the rules
Wed 20 Nov 2013
at 15:45
Re: The Festival: Day One
Jace seems excited and he continues to fill their drinks well into the night. The theif is quick to joke with the team but as the night moves onwards he cuts the conversation off, "Well, it seems the time flies when fun is to be had. I'm going to have to go and get a few things done before I turn in tonight... I expect you all to do well."

As he moves to the door he smiles at Safia, "And lets get a drink tomorrow after the festivals activities. I got this nice bar I think we might all like for a bit of anominity... I think that the owner would like to meet you guys. He's a real player in the city and having a meeting with him can't hurt you guys for after the festival is over."

He winks, "Kick ass for me guys." And the theif heads out into the night.
Morien
 player, 338 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 20 Nov 2013
at 21:02
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien nods to Jayce and waves goodbye. His eyes are still distant and his mind does not really seem to be with him. He arranges to sleep at the Monkey tonight, rather than wherever he usually goes. He leaves the harpoon with Dustil as he goes to bed.

 Tonight, he sleeps with his greatsword in the bed next to him.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 401 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 21 Nov 2013
at 00:21
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil drinks a lot, as normal for him. He is glad to have Safia back, however, and openly grins at her a few times. He goes to bed in his room at the Monkey as usual, and alone as usual. He will need his strength for the next day.
Tamalie
 player, 297 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 21 Nov 2013
at 04:03
Re: The Festival: Day One
Wondering who the person is that Jace wants them to meet, she's wanting to question him, but catches he's in a rush to get home, so the questions will have to wait about who this person might be.

Tamalie isn't staying here, and so has a bit of a jaunt back to her home. Having been born and raised in the city, she's got a comfy, though small room at the academy.

She too says her good byes, and heads off.
Safia
 player, 35 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Fri 22 Nov 2013
at 00:42
Re: The Festival: Day One

It seemed like she had only just arrived and already everyone was leaving for the comfort of their bed. With a nod to Jace before he left, Safia decided she may as well follow suit. She needed to get a good night's rest too. She wore a pensive frown as she watched Morien leave, concern for his welfare niggling at the back of her thoughts. Perhaps rest will heal the distant look in his eyes?

After catching his grins all the evening long, Safia summoned a parting smile for Dustil, and yet another smile for Tamalie, said her 'good nights' and headed home as well.