The Festival: Day One.   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Tamalie
 player, 285 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 10 Oct 2013
at 12:27
Re: The Festival: Day One
"Morien! Good night!" She calls out after him as he leaves.

But once he's gone, she looks at Aden and Dustil, shaking her head and chuckling over Morien leaving so quickly and quietly.
Aden Bero
 player, 445 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 10 Oct 2013
at 18:34
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden stops Morien before he leaves.  "Wait, were we wanting to see about trading rich kid's sword for possibly finding one of the scavenger hunt tokens?"
Morien
 player, 313 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 11 Oct 2013
at 05:43
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien throws up his hand and waves but doesn't turn around. Neither does he turn when Aden speaks. However, he does answer. "We will do that tomorrow."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 383 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 11 Oct 2013
at 14:20
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil chuckled and hip-bumped Tamalie. "Yah, I think we should do that, Aden, but I think Morrie's right. Tomorrow'll work." He took a step towards the path to the Monkey. "Anythin' else, mates? If no, have a good night, get lots o'sleep, both o'you stay beautiful."
Mr. Main
 GM, 611 posts
Fri 11 Oct 2013
at 22:42
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden, dustil and tamalie are left talking to each other as Morien heads off on his own...
Morien
 player, 314 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 12 Oct 2013
at 04:46
Re: The Festival: Day One
PM
Aden Bero
 player, 446 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 12 Oct 2013
at 19:16
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden shrugs and decides to head off to the Monkey with Dustil.
Mr. Main
 GM, 612 posts
Sun 13 Oct 2013
at 02:56
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden and Dustil head off to the Monkey. OOC: tam you can tag along or run off to home. If you run off to home let me know. otherwise feel free to post with the guys.

as soon as you walk in you hear cheers and applause. Feleece runs over and gives each of you a hug and a swift sweet friendly kiss on the cheek. "You guys were great!" Bear follows close behind. His face looks stern and his hands aren't immediately visible. He then suddenly thrusts them out at you... and shoves large tankards of ale into your chests. "My private reserve. you guys did good. keep it up." He then heartily slaps each of you on the back.

Feleece leads you guys to a table that has been held in reserve for you. the tavern is packed and all the other tables and the bar are crowded. the crowd is filled with excitement. Some are cheering Arcadia, others are arguing over their personal interpretations of what happened (think arm chair quarterbacks and sports casters). there are even a few make comments like "this is only the first day. tomorrow team ... will beat you!" or "Look out, red's gonna be gunning for you now and he don't miss!" And many more. none of the voices are angry or aggressive though. It's all more like friendly taunting and trash talking.

As Feleece wanders away Bess walks over with a tray full or drinks and food. "From your fans. well played today boys."

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:57, Sun 13 Oct 2013.

Tamalie
 player, 286 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 13 Oct 2013
at 03:33
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dragged along, Tamalie was tired, but still needed to unwind. And with the reception at the Drunken Monkey, she's glad she did. Welcome faces, and a crowd of people who are willing to talk about what was going on at the Festival was a nice change of pace. Much less competitive than being 'on' all day like she was.

ooc-Tamalie isn't sure who's clothes she borrowed from the other day when seeking the murderer, but she'd like to apologize to the woman in person if she's one of the waitresses.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 384 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 13 Oct 2013
at 05:10
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil looked surprised, but pleasantly so, at the reception the trio received upon entering the Monkey. He grinned at Aden and Tamalie, then at the crowd. "Thanks! Glad ya'll enjoyed the show so far! We'll try t'do better tomorrow!"

He smiled at the tankards. "Thanks, Bear. We'll do our best."

They had their own table? He gave an eyebrow-raised look at his two companions. He cheerfully accepted the free drinks and food, and politely didn't correct or punch the "armchair tacticians".

"Kisses, cheers, free food an' drink? Guy could get used t'this."
Morien
 player, 315 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 13 Oct 2013
at 07:46
Re: The Festival: Day One
PM
Aden Bero
 player, 447 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 13 Oct 2013
at 13:08
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden laughed at the reception, breaking into a huge smile. He was feeling pretty confident all of a sudden, so he returned Felece's kiss, cheek for cheek. He gave Bear a thumbs up and a thanks, and clapped Dustil on the back in agreement as to this becoming standard treatment.  For the moment the oracle was able to forget things troubling his mind. And he peered about, wondering if he might spy a cute little fire sorceress somewhere in the crowd.

As they sit, gnawing on some food, Aden pondered aloud, "I wonder where Ice Bucket was off too?  Prolly needed a little weird alone time with that armor he's so intimate about. He should have at least come out for one celebratory drink!"

The oracle continued to look around the crowd, wondering if there were familiar faces.  He looked about for Cylithrea as well, worried for the lass.
Tamalie
 player, 287 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 13 Oct 2013
at 13:17
Re: The Festival: Day One
Tamalie pats Dustil on the shoulder when he seems a bit excited about the attention.


Shrugging her shoulders at Aden's question about Morien's travels, she comments, "Morien does march to his own beat at times, yea? He's probably finding an Inn that's kept chilled. We'll have to ask where he's staying in the morning."

This message was last edited by the player at 13:18, Sun 13 Oct 2013.

Mr. Main
 GM, 613 posts
Sun 13 Oct 2013
at 14:28
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden does not see Cyli around and thinking logically that makes sense. she was beaten pretty severely and her face is still probably showing signs of bruising, plus after an incident like that she probably wouldn't want to be around a large number of people, mostly strangers, for a while. Aden also does not see Sarah. OOC: if you remember you said you would find her.
Aden Bero
 player, 451 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 22 Oct 2013
at 18:35
Re: The Festival: Day One
Aden finishes the drink brought by Bear, leaves a tip for their serving girl, and says his farewells to the others.  "I'm headed back to the temple for a little R&R.  Come find me or send a messenger if you need anything.  Be careful on the streets guys.  Go Team Arcadia!!!"  Aden yells the last before making his exit.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 18:35, Tue 22 Oct 2013.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 386 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 22 Oct 2013
at 20:22
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil waved at Aden. "Have a good night!"

He was happy. At his favorite place, having done at least decent that day, and the atmosphere was cheerful. All was right with the world, almost.

He looked around and then saw Tamalie was still with him at the table. "Uh. Good job today, Tam. You were awesome and beautiful as normal!" He raised his flagon to her. He quickly took another swallow of ale before he could say anything else.
Mr P
 GM, 29 posts
 'Dems the rules... good
 thing i make the rules
Fri 25 Oct 2013
at 04:50
Re: The Festival: Day One
The Drunken Monkey seemed to be particularly crowded this evening. Apparently word had gotten around the festival that this was the usual spot to find any of the Arcadian Champions. The rumor seemed to stem from a one Jace, who was very proudly announcing that they would be there, and looking for sponsorship deals from any local business that wanted them to portray their likeness on the next days competition.

Luckily the usual crowd was able to dissuade all but the casual customer from leaving before Tam and Dustil arrive. They are ushered into a private room in the back where they find a fine meal and all the finest wine and ale there aplenty.

Before the food starts to get cold a short knock on the door is followed by the entrance of Jace himself and a rather battered looking Morien, whom the young rogue is supporting into the room. He looks at the feast before brightly smiling, "A feast? For me? You shouldn't have... If you don't mind." Letting Morien stand on his own the young man snatches the mug in front of Dustil and frowns as he finds it to be empty. Refilling it and pouring two more he moves to sit down at the table.

"So... How was everyone's day? I know I am worn out from all the walking and talking I've had to do lately. This festival is making the streets unbearable during the day"
Morien
 player, 320 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 25 Oct 2013
at 05:03
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien's armor is caked with frozen blood and, from the way he was staggering, it looked to be his own. He carried a harpoon with rope over his shoulder, as he staggered to the table. He sits, takes off his helmet, and puts his head in his bloody, plated hands.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 391 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 26 Oct 2013
at 19:19
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil frowned as someone entered that he doesn't know, but he was 'bearing' a beat-up Morien. "Whoa! Morien, what happened? Thought you were goin' home? You look like you jumped in a fightin' pit."

Then the other man made himself at home. "Hey!" Dustil stood up quickly, knocking his chair back. He cocked a fist back but hesitated since the man had been helping Morien. "Don't take what ain't yours, 'specially from me when I don't know who the hell you are."

He took his now refilled mug back and sat back down. He looked over at Morien. "Who is this guy?"
Morien
 player, 323 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 26 Oct 2013
at 21:12
Re: The Festival: Day One
 With some effort, Morien raised his head by placing both forearms on the table. "His name is Jace. He's a friend of Tamalie's and has helped me out several times."

 He picked up a mug of ale and Dustil could notice the trembling in his hands by the movement of the liquid in the cup. "It seems I have made enemies in my past... but I do not remember them."

 He finally took the harpoon off his shoulder and placed it on the table. It was completely metal, with no wooden grips. "I went to do some last minute shopping before tomorrow. This is a gift to you, Tamalie, and Aden. I also went to make sure Clive Delmar's son returned alive. It would not have done for us to venture off and ransom off his son's weapon if he were dead. It will be a tricky situation even with him alive.

 On my way back, I was ambushed. I drove my opponent off, but he will return, no doubt more prepared."

Mr P
 GM, 30 posts
 'Dems the rules... good
 thing i make the rules
Sat 26 Oct 2013
at 21:36
Re: The Festival: Day One
Jace smiles brightly as Dustil dusts him up. He seems to get a thrill from riling up the Monk. He allows Morien to introduce him and raises a tankard of his own towards Dustil, "My apologies... Tam has just talked about you all, and I have had the opportunity to watch you guys all day, I just feel like part of the family."

He looks up as he bits into a brown loaf, "I could have told you that idiot Johan made it back... And I would be wary, cause way he tells it, you guys cheated him out of the championship there."
Morien
 player, 324 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 26 Oct 2013
at 22:14
Re: The Festival: Day One
 Morien shook his head. "Only if you count knocking him out, stripping him naked, and tying him up out in the woods 'cheating'. Still, he shouldn't have started a fight with us."

 He took another sip of ale and the shaking in his hands lessened. He grabbed a bite of cheese and bread.
Mr P
 GM, 31 posts
 'Dems the rules... good
 thing i make the rules
Sun 27 Oct 2013
at 21:47
Re: The Festival: Day One
Moving from his bread to a roll of cheese the man simply shrugs, "I may know that, you guys may know that, but in that kids twisted little mind you all just plotted against him to make him look like a fool to his father. To be honest, he is a bit of a duff, and I think his father is right about ready to kick him to the curb."

He looks at the group, "What's the deal with the crazies all getting out together right at the start of the festival? I swear if its not one thing its another."
Tamalie
 player, 290 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 28 Oct 2013
at 03:50
Re: The Festival: Day One
A little stunned by Morien's appearance, she sits wide eyed, and jaw dropped. Catching her breath, she gets up, coming closer to Morien, and aware that touching him is never comforting, lets her hand hover over his shoulder, and looks pained as she asks him, "Where does it hurt?"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 393 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 28 Oct 2013
at 05:57
Re: The Festival: Day One
Dustil frowned as he listened to Morien talk. He noted the tremble the other man had but didn't mention it yet. Morien had trouble remembering things, and it was a bit odd, but he let it lie for a moment.

He looked at Jace when that man spoke. Part of the family? Not as far as Dustil was concerned. Not yet anyway. He'd have to asked Tamalie about this Jace person sometime.

He shrugged. "We haven't cheated. I sure hope he don't try t'spread false rumors like that. I'd hate t'have t'call him out on it."

He raised an eyebrow. "Crazies? Whatcha mean?" That could be referring to any number of people.