Out of the gauntlet.   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Dustil Kraye
 player, 380 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 6 Oct 2013
at 12:31
Re: Out of the gauntlet
Dustil let out a disheartened sigh but then shrugged, as they walked next to Aden. "At least we got farther than the group that went in before us. That's something at least, right?" He looked at Aden, "You alright?"
Tamalie
 player, 281 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 6 Oct 2013
at 18:50
Re: Out of the gauntlet
Not really confident they would have passed it on the first attempt anyway, Tamalie isn't all that disappointed in their efforts. She had no way to prepare for it, and so they could only learn from their mistakes at this point.

"Well, I guess we can be a little better prepared for next time. That's an advantage for us on the next round. I know I won't need my leather armor for next time, and bring less supplies like rations. Don't want to be weighed down during those jumps and pendulums." Speaking of pendulums, she automatically looks to Morien, reminded of his damage caused to the course."Of course we should figure out a way to get us all across faster, without having to break everything apart either. What else do you think we could do better?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 609 posts
Sun 6 Oct 2013
at 20:19
Re: Out of the gauntlet
As the group talks the attention of the crowd shifts. it seems they are watching another group run through the gauntlet, but all of you are unable to see the run.

OOc: all of you gain 1025 xp for your first run through the gauntlet and beating the first room. Since you have already beat the first room, each time you get past it you will get significantly less xp.
Aden Bero
 player, 443 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 9 Oct 2013
at 03:54
Re: Out of the gauntlet
As Morien hauls Aden to his feet, he groans from aches and bruises, and replies to Dustil, "No. I'm not."  The oracle gives a wave for the cheering crowd, putting on a fake smile.

"I'm not too worried about that first room, it wasn't too much trouble once Morien decided to make his own bridge.  We need to figure out a way to get past Teng.  My mist gave us some cover, but I can't be using up all my spells in that one room."

"Perhaps if we teamed up and bullrushed the bastard simultaneously, we could push him out of the circle."
It was a crazy idea, but Aden was hardly thinking straight at the moment.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:55, Wed 09 Oct 2013.

Tamalie
 player, 282 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 9 Oct 2013
at 04:07
Re: Out of the gauntlet
Nodding her head in agreement, Tam points out, "A nice summoning spell from me could throw some added weight into the mix. It could work. Or maybe get Teng to drop his weapon. That might really put a crimp in his effectiveness."

Looking to Morien and Dustil, she asks, "Either one of you two think it's possible to disarm a minotaur? I could try heating the metal, maybe that might get him to drop it. But do you think you could pry it from his hands while fighting?"
Morien
 player, 310 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 9 Oct 2013
at 08:49
Re: Out of the gauntlet
 Morien shook his head. "No. He's too strong for that and a chain wielder excels at dealing with multiple combatants. We need to pile on the damage quickly.

 We also need to erode his strength somehow. Aden, have you anything to cloud his mind? We need Tamalie to heat his chain and Dustil to keep him off balance.

 ... and I will provide support to Dustil as best I can, eroding his strength with my powers."

Aden Bero
 player, 444 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 9 Oct 2013
at 12:54
Re: Out of the gauntlet
Aden shook his head, "I can heat his chain (which didn't seem to bother him much), burn him with fire, and lay down a sound burst.  The rest of my spells obscure, protect, and heal."

"Not to beat a dead horse, just want to fully consider all the options.  If we can lay down enough fog or smoke, then I can guide us directly to him.  He wouldn't see us until we were on him, so we wouldn't have to worry about that chain as much.  And if we put all our weight against him, we might be able to knock him back."

"I'm all up for other options though.  Perhaps we could lay down some grease or something to slow him down.  Or pelt him with vials of oil and let me light him up."
  A troubled look came over Aden's face with the last comment.

"But, yeah, anything to weaken him would help."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 381 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 9 Oct 2013
at 13:27
Re: Out of the gauntlet
Dustil shook his head. "I dunno, Aden. He's pretty strong. He was able to trip me an' I'm not only pretty strong but also trained not t'let that happen." He glanced at the other group nearby plotting. "I think we shouldn't discuss this near the other group, firstly. Secondly I think we should all go get some rest an' sleep on it. We ain't goin' back in tonight."
Tamalie
 player, 283 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 9 Oct 2013
at 13:51
Re: Out of the gauntlet
Reminded that others are around and that their voices do carry, Tam gives an apologetic look, eyes wide and lips twisted into a worried frown.

"Oops, sorry, still in a tizzy about going through all of that.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:48, Wed 09 Oct 2013.

Morien
 player, 311 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 9 Oct 2013
at 20:55
Re: Out of the gauntlet
 Morien nodded. "Indeed. Let's go get some rest."

 He begins heading off towards the exit.
Mr. Main
 GM, 610 posts
Thu 10 Oct 2013
at 01:18
Re: Out of the gauntlet
Morien heads out of the arena...

OOC: We're moving back into the festival day one thread. Please post what your characters want to do in that or send me a pm depending on where you want to go or what you want to do.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1022 posts
Thu 16 Apr 2015
at 04:37
Re: Out of the gauntlet
At first Draz'gar is a little disoriented. The world is fuzzy and blurry and oh so bright. Then suddenly he can see once more. He finds himself standing on firm hard packed sand. He is in the middle of Archibald's Arena in Arcadia. Not to far from him he sees Morien slumped on the ground. Morien is perfectly still for a while. Draz'gar begins to fear that he may in fact be dead, but then the warrior stirs. He stands; his armor clanking and rattling as he gets off the ground.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 152 posts
Thu 16 Apr 2015
at 05:28
Re: Out of the gauntlet
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 35):

A fight you can not win is not worth fighting.
Mr. Main
 GM, 1026 posts
Wed 22 Apr 2015
at 00:41
Re: Out of the gauntlet
Dustil, Aden, and then finally Yanyeeku suddenly appear laying in the sands of the arena. The dry grit getting into their clothes, hair and just about everywhere as sand is often found to do. The last thing each of them remembers is massive limbs with giant ice spikes jutting out mashing them into the ground. Pulverizing them it what the Champions of Arcadia were sure would end up being a nasty paste of gore and viscera. Instead they feel the warmth of the sun shining down upon their aching and sore bodies.

When each of them looks up and takes in their surroundings. They see the friendly smile of a blonde half-elven woman beaming down at them. Dustil and Aden recognize her as Tamalie.
Aden Bero
 player, 852 posts
 HP 12/45
 Flame Juggler
Wed 22 Apr 2015
at 02:29
Re: Out of the gauntlet
Aden smiles despite how his body feels.  Looking up without trying to get up, he asks, "Well hey Tam. What are you doing here?"
Yanyeeku
 player, 141 posts
 Teller of Stories
 8/20 HP
Wed 22 Apr 2015
at 02:45
Re: Out of the gauntlet
The bard groaned, lying face down in the hard dirt floor. "If someone else figured that puzzle out before we do, I am going to be furious." He muttered into the ground, waiting for the aches to calm a bit so he could stand up somewhat steadily.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 739 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 22 Apr 2015
at 04:40
Re: Out of the gauntlet
Dustil coughed twice and then spit out sand. "...ow...I think that elemental broke my pride."

He blinked a few times and then grinned when he heard Aden. "Tam? Yes! Gettin' the beautiful band back together...well...if Safia came back. But still!"

He slowly pulled himself to his feet. "Man. And this was day one??" He let out a long laugh.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 153 posts
Wed 22 Apr 2015
at 04:52
Re: Out of the gauntlet
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 40):

Yes, only day one.
Aden Bero
 player, 854 posts
 HP 12/45
 Flame Juggler
Sat 25 Apr 2015
at 02:33
Re: Out of the gauntlet
Aden stands up, stretching and dusting himself off.  It was nice to not feel poison coursing through him.  But also jarring how quickly his ailments and injuries had healed, and yet how sore he still felt.

The oracle suggested, " I think we need a drink.  Anyone up for hitting up the drunken monkey?" they also needed to research clues for the elemental puzzle, and Aden needed to talk to his fellow acolytes at the temple about recharging the party's healing stick.  And he needed to track down Sara about the date she'd promised him if they won the first day.  A lot of shit to do.

This message was last updated by the player at 02:34, Sat 25 Apr 2015.

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 154 posts
Sat 25 Apr 2015
at 03:52
Re: Out of the gauntlet
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 42):

Drazgar seemed bored till Aden mentioned drinking.


Let's go.


Drazgar walks toward the closest exit.
Aden Bero
 player, 855 posts
 HP 12/45
 Flame Juggler
Sat 25 Apr 2015
at 12:15
Re: Out of the gauntlet
Aden was feeling a little peeved, and voiced it. "Hey Draz'gar. Since when do paladins ditch their comrades in the middle of a fight?  That's not how we do things."
Yanyeeku
 player, 142 posts
 Teller of Stories
 24/24 HP
Sat 25 Apr 2015
at 13:38
Re: Out of the gauntlet
The bard picked himself off the ground, murmuring a prestidigitation spell to help clean the dirt off his armour, then off his skin and out of his hair. Best idea I ever had to learn this spell..."

He'd be more prepared next time. Look up the representations of the elements in older folk ballads and tales. Surely there would be clues there.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 740 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 25 Apr 2015
at 13:45
Re: Out of the gauntlet
Dustil gave Aden an eager nod. "You know I'm always up for a drink or few! An' with Tam back we need t'celebrate despite our loss."

He smiled at Tam and then went to make sure Morien was okay. But he heard what Aden said and he glanced over his shoulder at Aden and then Drazgar.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 155 posts
Sat 25 Apr 2015
at 14:37
Re: Out of the gauntlet
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 46):

That wasn't a fight. That was suicide. I made a free choice.
Aden Bero
 player, 856 posts
 HP 12/45
 Flame Juggler
Sat 25 Apr 2015
at 18:10
Re: Out of the gauntlet
"Good to know we can count on you." Aden dropped it and walked off towards the Monkey.