Out of the gauntlet.   Posted by Mr. Main.Group: 0
Mr. Main
 GM, 596 posts
Thu 26 Sep 2013
at 16:08
Out of the gauntlet
Bleary eyed, with a pounding headache and confused and addled Dustil suddenly realizes he was alive. All in all a typical morning. He feels dry grit covering the left side of his face. which from experience means he's lyaing on the ground outside somewhere. if it was inside the ground would be harder and possibly sticky. He tries to get up and the riot of pain across his back, shoulders, and side quickly makes him stop. Must have been some night...then the warmth from the sun on his back starts to register. It wasn't morning...? No it wasn't morning. his memory slowly starts to come back to him. He was in the gauntlet fighting a minotaur, teng.

OOC: okay dustil take it from here, what does your character do?


First there is nothing. a numb sort of oblivion. That is quickly followed by a dull but persistent ache. It's an general ache, not a specific one. No one part of his body is the cause of it, but yet there is this lingering sensation of pain. well not really pain. Morien wasn't quite sure what it was. He was heavy though. real heavy. It was hard to get up and move. Oh right armor. I'm wearing heavy armor. he remembered.

he opened his eyes and saw that he was laying in sand. firm dry hard packed sand. his head was swimming, possibly a concussion? Had he been hit hard? yes... a minotaur had hit him really hard. so hard he was sure his body had been broken, literally smashed into separate bits. He seemed whole enough...but he really couldn't tell with all this armor on. He certainly wasn't feeling like he had been just smashed to bits, but then again concussions could do that...couldn't they? was that it? was that why he wasn't feeling the pain he should be? why his body wasn't screaming at him?

OOC: ok morien take it from here.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 372 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 26 Sep 2013
at 22:27
Re: Out of the gauntlet
Dustil lets out a low groan as he wakes up. He feels sore like he was beat up. He slowly, dimly, realizes that he was indeed beat up. By a minotaur no less (that's a new record for him). He carefully tests out his muscles with little stretchs to try and relieve the pain. Then he slowly rises to his feet and looks around.
Mr. Main
 GM, 597 posts
Thu 26 Sep 2013
at 22:42
Re: Out of the gauntlet
Dustil notices that he is in the Archibald's Arena. Not to far from where he won the test of wills. Off to his left about a hundred feet away in a little huddle is team Forgetown. they seem to be talking to each other and drawing in the sand. you can't see what they are drawing, since their bodies are in the way.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 373 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 27 Sep 2013
at 04:44
Re: Out of the gauntlet
Dustil heads over towards the team from Forgetown. "Hoi. What's goin' on? Anyone else 'port in?"
Morien
 player, 303 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 27 Sep 2013
at 06:03
Re: Out of the gauntlet
 Morien opened his eyes carefully and blinked at the light, letting himself get used to it before moving his fingers and toes. Still laying, he pulls off his helmet and rubs his neck. He was certain he'd had his neck broken by the force of that impact.

 After checking that he was still indeed whole, he slowly sat up and dragged himself to his feet before putting his helmet back on. "Damn..."

 He looks over and sees Dustil talking to some other people. At least he's alive too.
Mr. Main
 GM, 598 posts
Sat 28 Sep 2013
at 22:54
Re: Out of the gauntlet
One of them turns to face you while the others adjust themselves to better hide what they were drawing and continue on with what they where doing. The one standing in front of you is an impressive sight. Nearly seven feet tall and powerfully built, literally. His is made out of a silvery metal, or at least his outer skin is. He definitely looks like a smaller more human looking iron golem.

 Though solid and large you can see that it's joints were cunningly made to mimic human movement effortlessly, hell it might even technically have a larger range of motion since instead of soft tissue and bone he seems to be made out of metal and other things. make an appraisal, knowledge arcana or knowledge engineering check if you want to try and figure out what those other things are

 His eyes lack pupils, heck they don't even seem to be made of tissue and fluid like a normal living things eyes. they even seem to emit a light blue glow. it's hard to judge just what it is thinking or feeling right now since it's expressions are hard to read. It almost feels like a statue is staring right at you.

"Hail. Query; What is port in? Assumption; you are not asking what port I am docked in. Since I am not a sailor or a ship."

OOC make a sense motive check dustil
Dustil Kraye
 player, 374 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 28 Sep 2013
at 23:06
Re: Out of the gauntlet
Dustil still wasn't feeling very good and didn't really care. He had just been curious. He snorted and gingerly shook his head. "You don't wanna answer? Fine. I don't really care, golem. Jus' bein' friendly an' wand'rin' how far ya'll got in there."

He looked around.

OOC: Is Morien actually nearby as well?

17:04, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 10 using 1d20+8. Sense Motive.
17:04, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 4 using 1d20. Appraisal.

Morien
 player, 304 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 29 Sep 2013
at 01:02
Re: Out of the gauntlet
OOC: the assumption is yes.

 Morien rubbed his head. "Hey Dustil, I need an Ale and a Bed, how about you?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 600 posts
Sun 29 Sep 2013
at 01:37
Re: Out of the gauntlet
"Answer; We did not get as far as we hoped. mobility issues in first room. Observation; tone indicates you have taken offense. Query; how did I offend you?"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 375 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 29 Sep 2013
at 01:50
Re: Out of the gauntlet
He glanced back at the golem thing when it spoke again. "If ya didn't mean offense, then I won't take any. Yer response 'bout ships an' sailors an' such...I thought ya were makin' fun or delib'rately bein' obtuse." He sighed. "Sorry. 'Port as in short fer teleport. I tend t'shorten things sometimes. I'm human an' I've been tol' we're a short-lived race."

Dustil glanced at Morien and grinned. "Morrie, I ain't dead which is the best I can say right now, an' I ALWAYS need an ale!"

To the golem, "Well, I'll tell ya we didn't get much farther'n you." He nodded to them. "Have a good night. M'gonna go help my friend."

He walked over to Morien and crouched down near him. "Ale'll hafta wait, though. Gotta wait fer the others. An' we SERIOUSLY need more bodies with us next time."
Morien
 player, 305 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 29 Sep 2013
at 07:16
Re: Out of the gauntlet
 Morien nodded. "Well, I can shore up our numbers a bit... but I'm not sure it's a good idea with all the people watching."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 376 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 1 Oct 2013
at 21:06
Re: Out of the gauntlet
Dustil looked at Morien and raised an eyebrow. <small>"Man, don't get me started on you. you an' that armor." He chuckled.
Morien
 player, 306 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 2 Oct 2013
at 09:46
Re: Out of the gauntlet
 "Sorry, I'm not taking it off or leaving it anywhere. You remember the trouble I had to go through to get it. I sleep in most of it."
Mr P
 GM, 27 posts
 'Dems the rules... good
 thing i make the rules
Thu 3 Oct 2013
at 16:13
Re: Out of the gauntlet
The metallic being juts forward in an impression of a bow, "Obsevation; your tone indicates you wish to make leave of our interaction. Symbolic gesture reciprocated."

The being turns and walks back to the others and begins to again become wrapped in discussion over their own gauntlet run.


The crowd seems to be chanting, calling out for team Arcadia, excited to see that their own hero's have returned. It seems that despite not completing the run, the crowd has thoroughly enjoyed the attempt, and is pleased with the duo who have returned.

Ahead of them seems to be an vaporous image of their allies locked in battle with the minotaur. A small block of earth seems to spring forth at the creature as they can see how the crowd enjoys the spectacle. While details are hard to make out, it seems that the gauntlet run was displayed to the crowd as they made their way through,set against a black and white fog.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 377 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 3 Oct 2013
at 16:22
Re: Out of the gauntlet
Dustil sighed. "Stubborn ass." He turned to watch their teammates on the magical scry screen.
Morien
 player, 307 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 4 Oct 2013
at 06:48
Re: Out of the gauntlet
 Morien quirked an eyebrow at the metal man. He mumbled under his breath. "Wasn't talking about him. Oh well."

 He shrugged and smirked at Dustil. "No arguments there." He then turned to watch the screen as well.
Mr. Main
 GM, 606 posts
Fri 4 Oct 2013
at 21:57
Re: Out of the gauntlet
tamalie screams as she falls through the empty black nothingness outside the ring and then suddenly with a loud ooophhm. lands hard on her ass into hard packed sand. she looks around and finds herself once more in the arena. not to far from her she can see Morien and Dustil looking at some odd projected image... OOC ok take it from here tam. what do you do
Tamalie
 player, 279 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 5 Oct 2013
at 02:06
Re: Out of the gauntlet
Letting out a little scream from the inky blackness and falling, it comes to an abrupt stop as she hits the sand. Looking around a little confused, she spots her two friends, but questions if it is an illusion, or her imagination.

Taking a few seconds to really look around, she starts to stand up, testing her balance and how stable the ground really is.

Then she asks, "Am I ...out..."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 379 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 5 Oct 2013
at 02:13
Re: Out of the gauntlet
Dustil turned as he heard a new voice and did a double-take. "TAM!" He hurried over to her and helped her up and stay steady. "You okay?" He sounded genuinely concerned about her.
Morien
 player, 308 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 5 Oct 2013
at 07:51
Re: Out of the gauntlet
 Morien half turns to look at Tamalie before turning to look back at the illusion. "Yeah, you are... and I don't think Aden will last much longer either."
Tamalie
 player, 280 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 5 Oct 2013
at 12:26
Re: Out of the gauntlet
"I'm okay. I think." She offers back to the question of her condition. But having them talk to her, and shaking the cob webs out, she gains a bit more reassurance that she's not imagining this.

But the mention of Aden has her looking for him, asking, "How is he doing against Teng?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 607 posts
Sat 5 Oct 2013
at 21:32
Re: Out of the gauntlet
AS the group looks back to the projected image it fades and off to your right you see a shape slowly start materialize in front of you.

teng's powerful blows sent aden's mind reeling as he succumbed to unconsciousness.

aden groans as he stirs regaining consciousness. He feels like someone slammed him into a brick wall and then toppled that wall upon him. His body hurt so much he can barely even think about moving without his body sending him a wave of pain in protest. after a bit he realizes that he is laying in hard packed sand and not the cold stone floor of teng's gauntlet room. Despite the protests he looks about and sees that he is once again in the arena. his comrades are close by.
Morien
 player, 309 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 6 Oct 2013
at 07:04
Re: Out of the gauntlet
 Morien chuckles darkly. "Poorly."

 He then strides over to where Aden fell and helped the man to his feet.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 18:25, Sun 06 Oct 2013.