Festival Day 2.   Posted by Mr P.Group: 0
Mr P
 GM, 36 posts
 'Dems the rules... good
 thing i make the rules
Fri 22 Nov 2013
at 16:35
Festival Day 2
The night passes all to quickly and the dawn brings with it a whole new day of festivities. The square comes alive with the sounds of vendors and spectators that all crowd the forum for the new days commencement.

The group meets up in a tent just outside the commencement platform and see a modest fair left out in the open for the group. A dour looking pair of guards stand at attention within along with what the group recognizes as Sir Silas Wade. He stands as the first of you arrive and speaks, "Hail, champions. I'm sorry to interrupt you but I must ask you some questions about a known associate of yours."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 402 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 22 Nov 2013
at 17:36
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil was feeling good. He had a full flask and a slightly full stomach - never overeat when you have a full day in front of you his sensei used to say. He was still in high spirits, however. He looked for his companions with a smile on his face and greeted them!

When the guards and Sir Wade spoke to them, Dustil turned to look at him slowly. He didn't want to be suspicious but the way the questions was phrased and the person asking made him a bit so. "Suuuuuure. Who?"
Morien
 player, 340 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 23 Nov 2013
at 08:11
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien was silent. He seemed not even to be his usual foul tempered self. He was there physically but his mind was leagues away. When he was approached, his attention briefly returned but he said nothing.
Tamalie
 player, 298 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 23 Nov 2013
at 13:33
Re: Festival Day 2
Excited about the day, the druid is up early, preparing herself, and cleaning up for the day. While, she is disappointed in her own results, she's sure this day will turn things around and she'll be able to participate more.

Heading to the Festival square, Tamalie can't wait to see everyone again, and is very friendly, waving, smiling, and saying good morning to each as they come in. A hug accompanies each good morning. If time permits, she'll even ask if anyone has heard rumors of anything about the day yet.

And when Silas Wade approaches them with a question, she's a little surprised, and wonders what is the connection. "Associate of ours, or mine?" She questions, wondering if he was talking to her or all of them.
Aden Bero
 player, 465 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 23 Nov 2013
at 20:04
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden woke that day per routine, engaging in his meditations with the rising sun, they mysterious divine powers he struggled with renewed.  He did his best to push aside troubles nagging at his thoughts, and enjoyed a sufficient breakfast before taking to the streets.

Out in the thick of Arcadia, his troubles were soon forgotten.  He felt alive amongst the crowds, and waved at adoring fans and booing onlookers alike, sporting his most winning smile.  He wondered if Sara would be amongst the crowds today, laughing to himself about the debt he would soon come to collect. Let her wait. He liked her confidence, and didn't feel any need to add to it by seeking her out too quickly.

Arriving at the challenger tent, what should have been rousing hello's and motivational speeches were immediately cut short as law enforcement came striding up to rain on their parade. Hearing the request, Aden replied, "Aye, if you 'must,' then let's get on with it."
Mr. Main
 GM, 637 posts
Sun 24 Nov 2013
at 03:26
Re: Festival Day 2
Don't know why Mr P had Sir Silas Wade come speak to you. But moving on.

Sir Silas Wade motions and a couple guard Member come up and lead the group away from the pavilion. they clear the way through the crowd rather efficently and lead you out of the heart of Arcadia and over to the docks. But before you reach them they lead you down an alley and curve around back closer to the city. Eventually leading you down to where several canals meet together. There is a stone ramp leading down into the water. Near by you can see a steel grate covering what appears to be an entrance into some sewers. Not far from the bottom of the ramp you see several members of the guard and what seems like pieces of a body and a lot of Blood spread around.

OOC: every please make perception checks.

"Please wait here while we get the Captain." and they walk off towards the group of guardsmen leaving you alone for a little bit. They head towards a woman with black hair and grey eyes. She is wearing a cloak with the guard insignia on it and and what looks like a very fine shirt of silvery mail.
Morien
 player, 341 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 24 Nov 2013
at 04:17
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien bristles at the sight of the blood and his associates could hear a low growl echo from within the armor. However, he says nothing.


15:14, Today: Morien rolled 10 using 1d20+2. perception.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:14, Sun 24 Nov 2013.

Aden Bero
 player, 466 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 24 Nov 2013
at 16:15
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden immediately tenses up, an inferno waiting to explode.

10:14, Today: Aden Bero rolled 23 using 1d20+4. perception.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 403 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 24 Nov 2013
at 19:32
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil is a bit confused. He isn't sure what's going on and why they are being taken from their 2nd day of competing. Are they about to bearrested for something? He stays quiet for the moment, though he does look a bit disgusted at the seeing the torn-up body.

12:31, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 13 using 1d20+10. Perception.
Safia
 player, 36 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sun 24 Nov 2013
at 23:25
Re: Festival Day 2

Safia followed along with the others as the guard led them to the canals. She gave Morien a sidelong look as they walked, concern furrowed in her brow. Something seemed amiss with the Frost Lord. She was about to inquire as to his welfare when her attention wavered, turned toward the bloodstained scene that lay before them. While they waited for the Captain—the grey-eyed woman, she presumed—Safia surveyed their surroundings with a curious eye. Who did the bloodied body parts belong to? What associate of theirs did the guard wish to question them about? Why had they been brought here? Was it possible the victim was someone they knew?

17:02, Today: Safia rolled 10 using 1d20+2. Perception.
Tamalie
 player, 299 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 25 Nov 2013
at 02:39
Re: Festival Day 2
Curious, Tamalie wonders what the trip is all about. Walking through the city, she's recognizing the docks area. The length of time from getting their attention, to the walk leaves her in anticipation of what they are doing there.

But it's the sight of the body parts that causes her to be sickened, and regreting that they were stopped in the first place.

Gasping with a hand over her mouth, she's speechless for a moment, just staring at the body parts. "Oh my gosh! Humanoid?" she asks out loud, hoping that it's really not, but the first suspicions are that they do belong to a sentient humanoid.

"Who...is it?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 638 posts
Mon 25 Nov 2013
at 03:01
Re: Festival Day 2




The woman walks towards you. "Just a few questions first. Where were you all last night and who was with you?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:02, Mon 25 Nov 2013.

Morien
 player, 342 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 25 Nov 2013
at 04:45
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien stared at the carnage intensely from behind his armored helm. He remains quiet for several more moments before answering. "Everyone, save Safia, was at the tournament for most of the day yesterday. After the matches were over, we attempted the gauntlet.

 After the Gauntlet, I looked around town for a fullmetal harpoon so we would better be prepared for the gauntlet next time around."


 He gives the woman the shopkeeper's name and the name of the shop. "After buying the harpoon, I went to the Grand Podium to inquire about Lord Delmar's son, who had participated in the race. I wished to see if he had returned to Arcadia safely. After that..."

 He paused for a long moment... a VERY long moment. "... after that I was attacked in the streets on my way to the monkey."

 His voice was strained as he spoke about the attack. It seemed that his encounter had unsettled him far more than he was willing to admit.
Tamalie
 player, 300 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 25 Nov 2013
at 13:45
Re: Festival Day 2
Surprised to be asked about their location, it finally hits her why they are here. The authorities think they are somehow involved. Tamalie looks back to the body parts, and then back to the woman.

"Uh, for the most part, we were together. At the games, or the Gauntlet, or the Drunken Monkey, like Morien said. Do you think we did this? Why? Who is that?"

Her stomach is turning into knots right now. She doesn't think any of her friends were capable of this, and now, all she can think of for a connection is that the person murdered is somehow related to them.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 404 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 25 Nov 2013
at 15:07
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil didn't look at the woman who approached. He didn't take his eyes off of the...corpse, if it could be called that. It was so much carnage, Dustil felt a little sick. When it seemed like they were suspects, Dustil grew angry and glared at the corpse, but still couldn't look away.

"You better not be accusin' US o'doin' this. We ain't....we...we sure as hell don't chop..." He couldn't even finish the sentence, fists clenching tightly.
Aden Bero
 player, 467 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 25 Nov 2013
at 19:41
Re: Festival Day 2
It took a moment for the question and his friends troubled replies to register. A sweat had broken out on Aden's forehead. The oracle of flame never perspired, that any of them had seen.  He was that worked up as to who the victim might be.

"After the competition and gauntlet, Tamalie, Dustil and I went to the drunken monkey. After a short time, I left and returned to the Temple of Many Mysteries where I live. I immediately met with Shaleh Azran, Master Oracle of Flame.  I was at the temple all night, and several can corroborate that."

"Who is the victim? If a friend of ours has been killed, I'm about to become angry if you're keeping it from us."

Safia
 player, 37 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Tue 26 Nov 2013
at 02:28
Re: Festival Day 2
Mr. Main:
The woman walks towards you. "Just a few questions first. Where were you all last night and who was with you?"


"Family," Sarah murmured distractedly, her gaze riveted elsewhere.

Family.

It seemed answer enough. The woman had asked of their whereabouts 'last night' and 'who' was with them. That was two questions. The woman had said she had a few...

The longer Sarah looked at the blood and bits, the more she imagined the horror the victim must have felt. Her stomach threatened revolt. She moved nearer to Dustil, lightly bumping her shoulder to his in an unconscious need to both offer and seek comfort. It wasn't fear she sought to soothe, but the ache of sorrow in her gut.

At the edge of her thoughts, she waited for the woman to answer Aden's question as to 'who'?
Terra Wade
 NPC, 1 post
Tue 26 Nov 2013
at 03:05
Re: Festival Day 2
"No accusations are being made. I simply need a few answers before your memories get colored by new information. Where were you attacked? How were you attacked? Did you see your attacker? Could you identify him? were there any witnesses to this attack?"

"What was the last thing you did before heading home last night? Who were you with?"

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 22:15, Tue 26 Nov 2013.

Morien
 player, 344 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 26 Nov 2013
at 06:58
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien still seemed hesitant to answer. He took several moments to reply. "I was attacked by proxy. A raven familiar.

 I was heading from the Grand Podium to the Monkey when it happened. It summoned bats."


 He took off his helmet to let the woman see the scratches on his face. His eyes were troubled and he took a deep breath before putting his helmet back on. "I managed to fight off the bats. Then Tamalie's friend, Jayce, came and helped me to the Monkey. I guess he heard me shouting... but I don't know if anyone else saw me."

OOC: was the last question aimed at me? If so:

"I didn't leave the Monkey last night after I got there. I rented a room for the night."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 405 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 26 Nov 2013
at 22:19
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil crossed his arms over his chest and spoke with almost no tone. "I was at the Drunken Monkey after the team finished trying to run the Gauntlet. Some of us ate and drank together and then I went to bed in room at the Monkey"
Mr. Main
 GM, 640 posts
Wed 27 Nov 2013
at 14:15
Re: Festival Day 2
"When did this Jace part your company?"
Morien
 player, 345 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 28 Nov 2013
at 03:56
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien shrugged. "I wasn't keeping close track of time. He ate with us and left right around the time we all started going to bed."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 406 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 28 Nov 2013
at 04:14
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil seemed to come out of his extremely angry state a bit, suddenly thinking from the line of questioning that Jace might be the body. He put an arm around Safia and nodded at Morien's statement. "That sounds right. He left right before we crashed." He will try to give the time that was roughly.
Aden Bero
 player, 468 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 29 Nov 2013
at 16:51
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden looks at Morien with a flash of annoyance, and then everyone but Safia in turn. He replied, his words a low growl, "I told you lot to send word to the temple if anything happened. For future reference, that includes one of us being attacked!"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 407 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 29 Nov 2013
at 16:54
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil shook his head at Aden. "Morrie was bein' all semi-stoic about it an' didn't even want t'tell us the details. We had t'pry it outta him, almos' like gettin' his armor off. Like a flippin' crab."
Aden Bero
 player, 469 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 29 Nov 2013
at 17:27
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden growled more fiercely, fired up by the tension of the moment, "Damn it, Dustil! No excuses, you make sure I know next time!" The oracle tries to reign in his temper, seeing as they're a team and friends. To calm his nerves he pulls out his pipe, quickly taps down a large pinch of tobacco from a pouch, and sparks the bowl alight with a snap of his fingers. He inhales deeply, holding the smoke in, and exhales slowly out his nose.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 408 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 29 Nov 2013
at 18:16
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil merely crosses his arms over his chest when Aden explodes at him. "Uh huh. Sure thing, BOSS."
Mr. Main
 GM, 641 posts
Fri 29 Nov 2013
at 22:19
Re: Festival Day 2
While Aden and Dustil have their little exchange Tio approaches.

'Mind if I ask what you are doing with our champions? The Second day challenge is set to begin in less than an hour. I need to get them to the Arena."

"Asking them questions. Hoping that maybe they could help fill in some blanks about a rather gruesome murder."

"You've got 5 minutes. Maybe 10 if they have eaten already."

OOc: ok couple more posts and then we'll move on towards the arena.
Tamalie
 player, 301 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 30 Nov 2013
at 02:30
Re: Festival Day 2
Looking around, like she is missing something, she finally pipes up, "I still don't get why are we here. Do you know that is?" She's worried that the person is a relative or friend, and that she's missed some clue that was already spoken. Right now, thoughts are racing through her mind what has happened here.
Mr. Main
 GM, 642 posts
Sat 30 Nov 2013
at 02:40
Re: Festival Day 2
the captain sighs. "We think we know who it is, but we have yet to fully identify the body. that's part of the reason why you were brought here. the other was to ask you those questions. It was a grisly crime. If you don't feel like looking you don't have too. She waits to see everyone's answer.
Morien
 player, 346 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 30 Nov 2013
at 05:38
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien remains silent through Aden's outburst and his helmet was on, making it difficult to see his emotional state. "I'll help in whatever way I'm able. No sense in everyone having their minds filled with what happened here when there are other matters to attend to."

 He takes off his helmet for a moment and looks at Dustil, hinting at him with his eyes toward Tamalie.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 409 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 30 Nov 2013
at 17:20
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil gave a shallow nod to Morien. He reached out and put a hand on Tamalie's shoulder. "Tam, I think we should step back a bit. I don't think you want t'see this, lady."
Tamalie
 player, 302 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 30 Nov 2013
at 18:27
Re: Festival Day 2
Knowing something is wrong, and that she's not getting it, tears well up in her eyes, her imagination enough to figure out that it's certainly someone they know well.

"Ohhh...uh, do you know...." She stammers, slightly shaking, unsteady on her feet.

She allows Dustil to help her back, and she leans into him, putting an arm over his shoulder to put her weight onto him.
Safia
 player, 40 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sun 1 Dec 2013
at 01:02
Re: Festival Day 2

Comfort, though fleeting, was had in the warmth of an arm around her. Dustil’s arm. And then it was gone, consoling another. Blue eyes flicked toward Tamalie as Dustil’s hand touched her friend’s shoulder. Safia felt off-balance, out of sorts, almost as though she was on the outside of a bubble of glass, looking in. Even Aden’s outburst seemed strangely muffled to her ears.

a rather gruesome murder...
...but we have yet to fully identify the body.

Safia reached out for something, anything, to steady her resolve. She fought through nausea to speak, to address the woman who questioned them. “Were there any personal effects on the ...body?” she asked, not certain she truly wanted to know. “Anything you can describe to us that may help ascertain whether or not it is ...was someone we might have known?”
Mr. Main
 GM, 643 posts
Sun 1 Dec 2013
at 02:40
Re: Festival Day 2
"There were a couple daggers, a set of picks, a couple smoke sticks, a sap, a couple unidentified vials and a pouch with 100 platinum pieces. If you want to try and identify the body by looking at the remains please follow me." She walks over to the body.

 as you approach you start noticing more about the scene. The body has been cut into a couple of peices and spread about. there is an insane amount of blood spread about, both on the ground and in the wall. One the ground the blood seems to make a rough pentagram. And the blood on the walls is crudely painted into words. spelling out "I Deserved this." you can also smell something sour and rotten. almost like a swamp. You can also now see that the body parts are all places on different points of the pentagram with what you imagine is the head, since all the parts are covered, in the center.

OOC: everyone please make either a healing, knowledge nature or a straight wisdom check.
Tamalie
 player, 303 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 1 Dec 2013
at 03:19
Re: Festival Day 2
"It smells really bad. something awful and sour." The druid points out, while holding onto Dustil. She wants to look closer, and will pull towards the direction the woman is suggesting they look.
Safia
 player, 41 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sun 1 Dec 2013
at 04:03
Re: Festival Day 2

Aside from the daggers—or perhaps even the coins—the list of items the woman ticked off didn’t seem like Jace’s style, especially the smoke sticks and vials. She took some comfort in believing the items did not belong to her friend. Just the same, Safia tried to remember if she had noticed any weapons Jace might have carried (in order to compare to what was here), but all she could see in her mind’s-eye was the flash of his smile just before he left. And that he had said he had a few things to get done before he turned in for the night...

Pushing her worry aside and trying to ignore the sour-stench, Safia tried to focus on what she could discern from the scene.

Safia rolled 8 using 1d20+6. knowledge nature. Ugh
Morien
 player, 347 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 1 Dec 2013
at 07:38
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien placed his helmet back on and strode forward. Whatever he was thinking or feeling, he didn't show. He took in the sight of the pentagram and knelt outside it, positioning his body between his friends and whatever was underneath the covering. "Show me."

01:32, Today: Morien rolled 20 using 1d20+1. wisdom.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 411 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 1 Dec 2013
at 14:24
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil looked at Tam. "Are you sure you wanna look, Tam?" If she indicates yes, he will help her forward and be ready in case she need to lean on him or pull away quickly. He glanced at Safia to make sure she was doing okay.
Aden Bero
 player, 470 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 2 Dec 2013
at 02:49
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden strides forward, silent and brooding, taking in the scene.  His thoughts are racing, fearful for who this might be, distracted by the flittering realization at the edge of his awareness that intense concern has come across brutish and crass, and an intense burning anger for whoever perpetrated this act.

20:45, Today: Aden Bero rolled 9 using 1d20. Wisdom check.
Mr. Main
 GM, 644 posts
Tue 3 Dec 2013
at 04:54
Re: Festival Day 2
The Captain removes the cloth covering the piece in the center of the pentagram. revealing a severed head. The eyes have been taken out, the nose cut off, the lower jaw shattered. It is plain to see why it was difficult to identify the body. one even wonder's how they managed to come to the conclusion it was Jace. But after some time staring at the ghastly sight it does indeed seem to be Jace.

"Who ever did this was...sick. they beat him and cut him to pieces slowly while he was still alive. They cut off his right hand and made him use the bloody stump to write 'I deserved this.' on the wall. There is way to much blood for this to have come naturally from a single person. we think that some sort of magic was used to keep him alive longer while the killer murdered him."
Morien
 player, 348 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 3 Dec 2013
at 07:20
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien knelt in front of the body for several moments before lowering the cover. "Yes. I know him. That's Jayce."

 He pauses for a long moment. When he spoke again, his voice was empty and drained of emotion. "There is something else too... the smell. It's not coming from the body. You need to search for what is causing it. It is likely a clue."

This message was last edited by the player at 07:21, Tue 03 Dec 2013.

Safia
 player, 44 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Wed 4 Dec 2013
at 01:20
Re: Festival Day 2
Mr. Main:
"Who ever did this was...sick. they beat him and cut him to pieces slowly while he was still alive. They cut off his right hand and made him use the bloody stump to write 'I deserved this.' on the wall. There is way to much blood for this to have come naturally from a single person. we think that some sort of magic was used to keep him alive longer while the killer murdered him."
Morien:
"Yes. I know him. That's Jayce."

“No.” Don’t say anymore. Just “...stop.”

Rational thought left her and Safia sank to the ground where she was. Tears emerged to run freely down her cheeks in a release of anger at first, and then in acknowledgment of the agony radiating from her chest where grief struck her. Emotion roiled within, railing against the injustice that someone who had been so full of life, so full of potential, had been so callously, brutally slaughtered.

For a long moment, she gave in to the emotion and pain, buried her face against her knees and hugged them to her, until the need for answers pressed her into action. The pentagram on the ground told of a dark evil behind this crime—the separation of parts from the body told of hatred, loathing. Was this a ritual killing or the work of a madman? She imagined a mind as warped as the killers had not chosen its prey in random. Had Jace's attacker been waiting for him to leave the Drunken Monkey last night?
Morien:
He pauses for a long moment. When he spoke again, his voice was empty and drained of emotion. "There is something else too... the smell. It's not coming from the body. You need to search for what is causing it. It is likely a clue."


Grief and anger settled into a deep numbness as Safia forced her arms away from her knees and pushed up off the ground to stand on wobbly legs, though her tone was resolute. He didn't deserve this. Not Jace. He didn't.

It was all she could manage to say. In the back of her thoughts, she wondered if the vials found on the site held the same sour stench that was in the air—held Morien's clue, but she couldn't seem to bring anything more to voice.
Aden Bero
 player, 471 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 4 Dec 2013
at 02:05
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden couldn't help but be slightly relieved. Ever so slightly. He was scared to find Cylithrea. He hadn't known Jace.

But then he saw Safia's pain, and any relief whatsoever was gone.  The oracle moved beside her, kneeling down and placing a gentle hand against the back of her shoulder.  She must've known Jace well.  Aden hated everything about whomever had done this.  Dark fiery visions of what he'd like to do this crazed murderer played out in his mind, though he'd keep those thoughts to himself.

He rose after a moment, leaving Safia to her grief. Despite the fire in Aden's soul, his words were cold as a tomb.  "The savagery of this murder seems similar to that of the slain paladin of the Radiant Dawn.  We were trying to help them investigate and find the killer.  The intended victim of that murder was Cylithrea, a server coming home from her job at the Drunken Monkey.  That makes two people leaving there that have been the target of a brutal crime, even if one escaped.  I can't say there's a definite connection, but that seems too strong a lead to ignore."
Tamalie
 player, 304 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 5 Dec 2013
at 04:52
Re: Festival Day 2
A little numb, tears start to flow down her cheeks. Turning away, she hugs Dustil, putting her head onto his shoulder and seems to be holding her breath. With shoulder quivering, and eyes closed, the druid is choked up.
Mr. Main
 GM, 645 posts
Fri 6 Dec 2013
at 23:34
Re: Festival Day 2
OOc: sorry about the delay. anyone looking for the source of the stench must make a perception:(search) check.

"Both coming out of the monkey. It could be just a coincidence. Jace was known to be a bit of a con-man and swindler at times. He was also accused of theft, burglary and trespassing several times. It could have been someone he swindled. Which is one of the reasons I had to ask those questions before you saw the body."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 412 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 7 Dec 2013
at 04:36
Re: Festival Day 2
Once it had been pointed out to him, Dustil caught a whiff of the smell they were talking about. He gave a few perceptive sniffs to see if he could locate it.

He hugged Tamalie close to him, stroking her hair and making soothing noises to try and comfort her. He stays silent, however, knowing that there wasn't much he could say right then that would help her. Later maybe.

21:35, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 25 using 1d20+10. What is that smell??
Morien
 player, 349 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 7 Dec 2013
at 06:55
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien stood and stared silently at the scene. The air around Morien began to shimmer, faces dimly appeared and faint, far away whispering cries could be heard faintly around him.

Eeeeeeeviiiiil..... Faaaaaaalllen.... Craaaaaawl....


 It lasted only for a moment before he clenched his fists, taking a deep breath and the ghostly cries ceased. When he spoke, there was a deathly calm to his voice. "I will not be participating in the games today. There is something else I must attend to..."

This message was last edited by the player at 09:02, Sat 07 Dec 2013.

Mr. Main
 GM, 647 posts
Sat 7 Dec 2013
at 12:37
Re: Festival Day 2
At that comment Tio bristles "That's not a good idea. Purposefully not showing up can get you disqualified and kicked off the team. I don't know what you think you have to do, but if you want to continue competing you must attend every event you are physically able to."

Meanwhile Dustil hunts around for the source of the smell and eventually he finds it. It's a silver purification tag. It seems to have stopped working. whatever happened here seems to have disabled it. the smell is from the build up of a poket of now untreated water that sloshes up and down against the stone ramp leading down into the canal.
Aden Bero
 player, 472 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 7 Dec 2013
at 17:06
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden replies to Morien, "What the hell was that?" The oracle shakes away the crazy vision of disembodied faces and ghostly voices.  He was no stranger to troubling spirits, and wouldn't pry more than necessary. "We need you, Morien.  The games are important, too.  And from here on out I don't think any of us should travel alone.  Let's get through the games and then work together with whatever any of us might be facing.  We're a team... both in and out of the arena."

When Dustil finds the source of the smell, Aden replies, "That's troubling.  The magic behind these purification tags is very advanced.  It would take a very strong source of magic to disable them.  And based on what Will said yesterday, if someone can manipulate the magic of these tags, then all of Arcadia may be in danger."

Aden looks to the officer in charge, explaining, "The city authorities should be contacted.  The magic within these tags creates a buildup of magical energy, but is set to release the aura before it grows too powerful. However, if someone with enough malevolence and understanding can manipulate enough of the tags, they may be able to create a buildup so huge that it wipes out the entire city once released."
Morien
 player, 351 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 7 Dec 2013
at 20:46
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien stood there, his fists still shaking for several moments before turning back toward the city (back toward where the games were bing held) and storming off.
Mr. Main
 GM, 648 posts
Sat 7 Dec 2013
at 23:27
Re: Festival Day 2
"Your friend over exaggerated. Though very rare this isn't the first time a tag has failed. Not one has ever exploded. One being down is annoying, but no big deal. there are hundreds more at least. I'm sure they'll get a new one here before the end of the year." one of the people with the guard comments. He is wearing a grey robe with three elaborately embroided golden A's formed into a triangle on it's front. He is bald, has many piercings in his ears, nose and eyebrows. He looks like a human. is about average height and is very thin.


OOC: William liked to jump to conclusions and make broad defining statements as to the nature of stuff. He was fun, funny and interesting player, but you should always take everything he says with a grain of salt. He came up with the whole "goes nuclear" thing on his own. I never said that. I did not contradict him at the time because that belief at the time did not look like it would have any effect on the game. telling the captain, and second in command, of the town guard that there going to be a huge chain of explosions that's going to annihilate the town would have an in game effect. If you want to retract the huge explosion statement feel free. I probably should have said something, but prefer to stand back and let the players decide how they want to distribute the information they get generally speaking.
Tamalie
 player, 305 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 8 Dec 2013
at 03:11
Re: Festival Day 2
The disfigurement and torture that went on is chilling, and detailed enough to leave some disturbing images. The druid feels a little sick, and finds it difficult to really understand all the words being said around her. She gets that they are going back and forth, but she only pretends to acknowledge the points.

Going back on the words and replaying them in her own mind, she finally realizes that Morien mentioned leaving the games.

"No, you c..can't leave Morien. We need you." Her voice breaks for a moment, but she finished saying that they need him. But she struggles with more words. A lump in her throat, and tears in her eyes.
Morien
 player, 353 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 8 Dec 2013
at 09:04
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien stops and stands stock still for several seconds. His breathing stopped, as though he were about to speak, but instead his head tilted down and he walked away. When he had taken several more steps, he spoke. His voice was flat and defeated. "I'll see you all at the tournament."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 413 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 8 Dec 2013
at 16:22
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil stroked Tamalie's back as he stared hard at Morien. What the hell was wrong with that guy? He was getting more strange, more distant, and more angry every damn day. It was like he was afflicted with some disease that made him not trust his supposed allies, close himself off from the world and not only not want to share things but refuse aid in taking them on. Dustil gave a sigh. He wished he could help Morien but honestly unless it was a sickness or a curse, Morien was just being a jackass who didn't want others be involved in his affairs.

"So...town's not gonna explode then? City guard gonna investigate tags to make sure that more aren't down?" He paused and sighed again. "Also...when...will you be done enough with yer investigation for us to....bury Jace?"

This message was last edited by the player at 21:12, Mon 09 Dec 2013.

Mr. Main
 GM, 649 posts
Mon 9 Dec 2013
at 00:35
Re: Festival Day 2
"we will be done shortly. we'll have his remains...sent to the temple of the divines."
Mr. Main
 GM, 650 posts
Mon 9 Dec 2013
at 21:00
Re: Festival Day 2
<green>"Alright if that's all, I'll be taking the champions to the Arena now."<green>

OOC: last call for this scene.
Safia
 player, 45 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Tue 10 Dec 2013
at 00:39
Re: Festival Day 2

A part of her brain had registered the comfort of a gentle hand to her shoulder, of the care. Such a simple gesture, yet it blanketed her with warmth—restored her strength. As the talk of purification tags, a possible connection to the Drunken Monkey, burial, and the peculiarity that had become Morien hummed around her like the distant drone of bees, Safia let all the horror fade away. And in her mind’s-eye a vision of Jace winked at her, just as he had the night before. She saw him smile and recalled the last words he spoke ...Kick ass for me guys.
Mr. Main:
"Alright if that's all, I'll be taking the champions to the Arena now."

“Lead on,” Safia turned newly focused attention on the one who spoke, her tone resolute. “Today, our victories are in honor of Jace.”

This message was last edited by the player at 00:40, Tue 10 Dec 2013.

Aden Bero
 player, 474 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 10 Dec 2013
at 19:14
Re: Festival Day 2
"Aye, for Jace."

Aden walks ahead of the others at a brisk pace, running if necessary to catch Morien.  Catching up with the armor clad teammate, Aden inquires, "What's going on Morien? You don't quite owe us an explanation, but whatever your burden, it's not something you should carry alone. We're all here for you."
Aden Bero
 player, 475 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 10 Dec 2013
at 20:43
Re: Festival Day 2
Rewind:

Before Aden leaves, he asks who to follow up with regardin the investigation of Jace's death?
Morien
 player, 354 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 10 Dec 2013
at 21:17
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien lets out a deep sigh and places a frigid hand on Aden's shoulder. Though the gesture was meant as friendly, the chill was extremely uncomfortable. He speaks in a quiet tone.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:20, Wed 11 Dec 2013.

Aden Bero
 player, 476 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 11 Dec 2013
at 22:26
Re: Festival Day 2
Ahead in the distance, oracle of flame and champion of ice conversed. Aden took the chill of Morien's hand unflinchingly. The brash man ran hotter than most.
Morien
 player, 355 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 12 Dec 2013
at 04:36
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien removed his hand and looked away.
Aden Bero
 player, 477 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 12 Dec 2013
at 05:25
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden nodded at a pretty woman they passed as he conversed with Morien.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:27, Thu 12 Dec 2013.

Morien
 player, 356 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 12 Dec 2013
at 07:49
Re: Festival Day 2
 PM
Dustil Kraye
 player, 414 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 12 Dec 2013
at 14:54
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil gave both women reassuring squeezes. "Well, ladies. I do believe it is time fer us t'walk. Lean on me if you like, I am strong an' have enough fer both of you." Only after he said it did he realize that might be taken the wrong way. He stifled a sigh.

He helped Safia and Tamalie along (if allowed or needed), watching Aden and Morien up ahead. "Doncha jus' hate when yer friends don't confide in ya an' keep secrets? Shame, really." He made his tone sound nonchalant but on the inside he was anything but.
Mr. Main
 GM, 651 posts
Sat 14 Dec 2013
at 23:11
Re: Festival Day 2
Tio leads the group back to the Arena. The crowd is boisterous and it's hard to talk to each other over the cacophony of sound that hits you as you enter. Everyone seems to be talking, cheering, shouting booing and otherwise making some sort of noise.

  Today each team has it's own small box built into the wall surrounding the sandy field in the center. where they can watch what's happening and move easily out onto the field when it was their turn to compete. As soon as team Arcadia, the last of the teams to arrive, horns blare, gongs crash and their is a sudden nearly overwhelming eruption of light from over the center of the arena. Slowly the crowd quiets down and the Mayor stands.

"Welcome to the second day of the competition. Todays Event will not only test the competitors skills, courage and determination, but also their resourcefulness, cunning and luck. The teams must retrieve a particular item, a silver compass. It is guarded by the renown Black-sword Mercenaries. The teams shall attempt to retrieve it from them one at a time. The first team to succeed wins today's challenge. Team Arcadia, the overall winners from the first day of competitions, get to choose when they make their attempt, first last or any-time in between. All the other teams will then draw lots for their turns.

 After each attempt the Black-Swords are allowed an hour to make repairs, modifications and improvements to help them defend the compass. Each team, before they make their attempt gets to pick one prevailing condition. Then the Black-Swords also get to pick a condition. Conditions are field effects only. If the teams have any questions ask your reps. Team Arcadia you have ten minutes to decide when you would like to make your attempt. Once you have decided tell your rep and he will relay your decision to us. Good luck to all our competitors!"

Morien
 player, 357 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 15 Dec 2013
at 01:49
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien stood silent and somber, despite the fanfare and listened to the rules carefully before turning to Tio. "What are these prevailing conditions?"

 After the explanation, he looks at the rest of the group. "I suggest going second, that way they are somewhat tired and we can observe what tactics they use. Too late, though, and we risk losing the competition but if we go first, then we will be going up against an unknown foe."
Mr. Main
 GM, 652 posts
Sun 15 Dec 2013
at 02:09
Re: Festival Day 2
"Prevailing conditions are basically environmental ones. You can declare a time of day, you can ask for it to rain, be hot or cold, muddy ect.
Morien
 player, 358 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 15 Dec 2013
at 08:39
Re: Festival Day 2
 He gives a sideways look at Tamalie. "Can you call lightning on a clear day or do you need clouds?"

 He then looks at Aden. "You were already gone when I brought it back, but I found a harpoon made entirely of metal. With Dustil's grappling abilities, your throwing ability and ability to heat metal, combined with Tamalie's knack for pulling lightning out of the sky, I figured something like that would make a good fit.

 I bought it with the minotaur in mind, but some combination of it might be effective here."


 He paused for a moment before looking back at Tio. "So are we going to be limited to padded weapons and non-lethal spells again?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 653 posts
Sun 15 Dec 2013
at 13:42
Re: Festival Day 2
"No. This is real and some deaths are expected. They are taking this challenge very seriously. You can surrender at any time. They will not strike downed opponents and will allow medics to treat unconscious or heavily wounded foes and pull them from the Arena. You cannot see what they have constructed so far. It is veiled for the moment. Any changes they make between attempts will also be veiled. So pay close attention and take some time to observe them before moving in on your turn."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 415 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 15 Dec 2013
at 16:59
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil thought it over after listening to the words. "Cloudy or rainy can be both a boon and a detriment to both sides." He gave a shrug of his shoulders. "I think I'm fine with going second. Hopefully the team that goes first isn't good enough to win."
Tamalie
 player, 307 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Tue 17 Dec 2013
at 03:33
Re: Festival Day 2
Nodding her head at Aden's question, she points out, "I think I should be fine for lightning at any time. Nature has always supported me before."

She a little surprised about the chance for death. But doesn't know what to say, or how to address it. The unknown does make her wonder if they will be overwhelmed, and going first, they may not be prepared. But going second, or later, may leave them without even a chance to succeed.

The prevailing point seems to go second, a slight compromise to the chance of not winning at all if the first team succeeds.

She asks, "Do we get to decide who goes first? Or just when we get to go?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 654 posts
Tue 17 Dec 2013
at 03:48
Re: Festival Day 2
You only get to decide when you make your attempt. the other teams draw lots to see when they go.
Safia
 player, 46 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Wed 18 Dec 2013
at 04:28
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil Kraye:
He helped Safia and Tamalie along (if allowed or needed), watching Aden and Morien up ahead. "Doncha jus' hate when yer friends don't confide in ya an' keep secrets? Shame, really." He made his tone sound nonchalant but on the inside he was anything but.

A small half-shrug of her lips was Safia’s reply, expressing mild accord. She didn’t like seeing Morien go off on his own, keeping his troubles to himself, but there could be any number of reasons why he chose to do so. She was of a mind to trust in his decisions, for she had not seen a reason why they should not. All the same, a sense of relief was had in watching Aden dash ahead to speak with Morien—reminding the Frost Lord he was not alone.

In the brief moments before they were immersed in an energetic crowd, the blare of horns, gongs gonging, and the Mayor addressing the masses, Safia reached out for Dustil and gave his arm a quick squeeze to convey her appreciation. She was truly glad for him and his offer of support. Her thoughts then turned to that of a silver compass, Black-sword Mercenaries, and when best to make their attempt at retrieval.

“I’m with majority on this,” she said, tossing out her vote. “First or second, either one has obvious advantages as well as drawbacks."

Since Morien had addressed Aden, Tamalie, and Dustil in regards to capabilities, Safia fell silent. She knew she had yet to prove her skills.
Morien
 player, 359 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 18 Dec 2013
at 04:36
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien put his fist to his chin. "And the compass... will someone be holding it or will it be placed somewhere? Are there specific rules regarding its acquisition or does one win simply by picking it up?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 656 posts
Wed 18 Dec 2013
at 04:47
Re: Festival Day 2
"Can't say. The black-swords are allowed to defend it as they see fit and they have not chosen to let anyone know what their strategy is. you must return to this box with it in order to win. simply picking it up is not enough."
Morien
 player, 360 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 18 Dec 2013
at 09:31
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien nods silently, deep in thought. "Then we will need to see which tactics they use before we come up with a plan."

OOC: I'm ready to skip ahead and watch whoever goes first.
Aden Bero
 player, 478 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 18 Dec 2013
at 23:22
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden agrees with everyone else. He has a look of focused determination.
Tamalie
 player, 309 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 23 Dec 2013
at 03:39
Re: Festival Day 2
Nodding her head slowly, Tamalie seems to feel that's the best idea, but she says her doubts anyway. "I just hope we don't give up a chance that they take advantage of. We can hope they aren't lucky. But if we play it right, we'll have a better idea of what might work."
Mr. Main
 GM, 661 posts
Mon 30 Dec 2013
at 00:27
Re: Festival Day 2
The other teams draw lots and Team El Gavasa gets the first attempt. After a few moments one of their team members walks out into the ring as does a large half-orc. "What condition do you wish to call?" An offical asks. "Night." calls the member of team El Gavasa. The half orc seems to consider this for a bit and then says "Mud." The two walk away, back to their "corners" if you would.

 Suddenly the air in the arena ripples and the defenses of the Black-sword Mercs are revealed. In the center of the ring they constructed a small two story building. You could almost call it a cottage. Built 25-30 foot square. The first floor was made of stone and the second of wood. It had two windows and a door, all on the first floor. On either side, built so that if a line was drawn between them it would bisect the cottage diagonally, were two watch towers. Each had a "man" armed with some kind of crossbow. There were two armed men on either side of the only door and three patrol teams of two men and a dog spaced further out. That was what you could see. There might be more inside the cottage, but you could not see inside it. Perception checks if you want to make them. Tell me if you just looking generally or for something specific. gonna give you a moment to comment or reply before I post the rest.
Aden Bero
 player, 480 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 30 Dec 2013
at 04:49
Re: Festival Day 2
"Look while you can, it's going dark soon."  Aden tried to get as good a look as he could on everything as soon as the defenses shimmered into view.  He tried to judge the distance of the watchtowers to the main structure, and the positioning of the three patrols.  He found a lot of thoughts competing for his attention, however. Jace and other outside factors weighed on the oracle.  He'd since loaded another pipe, and puffed away on the burning tobacco.

When the lights when out, if necessary, he'd slide down his visor and power it up.

22:38, Today: Aden Bero rolled 9 using 1d20+4. Perception.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 418 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 30 Dec 2013
at 17:09
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil settled in to a crouch and waited. One of the teams was finally picked and stepped up. He listened to the conditions each group asked for and smiled slightly. "Not too shabby."

As soon as the arena was revealed, his eyes narrowed and he looked it over as quickly and carefully as he could. He took note of how many men there were and their positions. He looked for anything that stood out, especially hidden or concealed defenses.

"They told us the Black Swords can change things up between 'rounds', right?"

10:08, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 13 using 1d20+10. Perception.
Morien
 player, 362 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 30 Dec 2013
at 20:45
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien stood, arms crossed and watching. He took special note of what the guard towers were constructed of. From his experience in the battle royale, Morien had a rough idea of how strong at least one of Team El Gavasa's members was (and that member was likely the strongest in combat) so he would watch to see how easily they dealt with the mercenaries (getting Aden to describe it to him if at all possible).

 "Aden, do you still have those flasks of alchemist's fire?"

14:41, Today: Morien rolled 18 using 1d20+2. perception.
Tamalie
 player, 312 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Tue 31 Dec 2013
at 05:40
Re: Festival Day 2
"A fort? They built a fort?!" That really surprised her, but she questions, "They wouldn't be able to change that for the next round, could they?"

Wondering about the numbers of men. She suspects that most would hide inside, or take cover from a window or tower.
Safia
 player, 49 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Wed 1 Jan 2014
at 20:14
Re: Festival Day 2

Safia watched along with the others as the wood and stone defense of the Black-Sword Merc’s emerged. Strategies formed in her thoughts as she surveyed the scene—ideas on how to infiltrate and attain—but she pushed them aside for a moment, pondering further. They had been informed that their opponent would have an hour to alter their defense after each round. Once team El Gavasa failed (because that was the only outcome Safia was willing to entertain), how much could the Merc’s alter? If wood and stone could become other elements, she would have to re-think her plan of attack. There was one constant, however, and that was the Black-swords themselves.

It’s likely the compass is on their person. Safia shared her theory with her teammates, keeping her voice low. Even as she voiced her thoughts, she turned her scrutiny to the Black-swords in search of tell-tell signs. If the compass was on one of them, their mannerisms might reveal which one and where.

If the construct remains as wood and stone, I suggest we flush them out. Blue eyes flicked to Aden and then Morien, respectively. Would you be able to burn the top floor, turn it to ash? ...And then turn stone into an icebox? If we destroy their defense, we can bring the compass near enough to attain hand-to-hand. No defense to hide behind, just 5-to-1 on an even battleground. What do you think? Safia asked the last of all, looking for their input. Does it seem feasible? ...or too far-fetched?
Morien
 player, 363 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 1 Jan 2014
at 21:54
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien shook his head. "While I can draw the heat from an individual and the area around me is naturally cold, I have no ability to draw the heat from an area. Though I was thinking the same thing of the wooden structures. If we can burn the top floor and the guard towers, then we can contain them in the stone room... and perhaps flush them out with a smoke stick?
 ... or more alchemist's fire."

Aden Bero
 player, 481 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 2 Jan 2014
at 01:35
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden replied, "I have 7 vials of alchemist fire, 3 pints of oil, and the glue bomb and flash bomb I took off that spoiled-brat Delmar. I can also cast burning hands and sound burst, which will help to flush them out.  We'll want to deal with the bowmen on the towers. Perhaps me laying down an obscuring must for cover will let us then pick them off."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:59, Thu 02 Jan 2014.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 419 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 2 Jan 2014
at 01:45
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil listened and shrugged. "I'm also hard t'shoot sometimes. Especially if I get someone t'use a change o'my wand on me. I volunteer to be arrow bait."
Aden Bero
 player, 482 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 2 Jan 2014
at 14:18
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden nodded at Dustil regarding the wand. "I'm pretty good at activating wands and things. Used to get in to trouble back in Sandpoint sneaking into the Academy headmaster's lab and playing with his things. He was having fun with my aunt in secret, so he indulged my curiosity and taught me a thing or two."
Mr P
 GM, 37 posts
 'Dems the rules... good
 thing i make the rules
Sat 4 Jan 2014
at 00:58
Re: Festival Day 2
The cloudy visage of Team Elgavasa appears before the spectators as the competitors huddle together just outside of the arenas environs. Their words seem muted but one of their number, a half elf that Dustil identifies as Revard Janos, starts to draw a small diagram of the Orc Camp. The smoke mutates to show the names of each of the competitors as they remain crouched together. Jack-a human who seems to be passively watching Revard at his sketch. His lack of weapons seems as strange as the tattoos that cover his arms. To the humans right, a huge bugbear identified as Thunk, begins to slowly sharpen his equally over sized axe. Crouched next to the Bugbear is another human meditating upon the ground holding a long slender pole affixed with a purple crystal. His name identifies him as Kern. The only member of the team who seems to be intent on discussing much with Revard is the illusionist Pically whom Tamalie seems to frown upon viewing.

The crowd begins to chant, "Elgavasa! Elgavasa!" as the team seems to finish their plans. The rather large Thunk of their team seems to laugh and the image of the team fades to smoke. It seems that they are about to assault the camp.
Tamalie
 player, 313 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 4 Jan 2014
at 03:12
Re: Festival Day 2
"Oh boy." She comments once the smoke takes over to intensify the field of view.

"Now we just wait and see I guess. I hope we made the right decision, but in the end, it's a risk, and it could have gone wrong on any choice. So no regrets, okay?"

The druid looks to see how the others are reacting to the anticipation of the contest. She's excited, and fidgeting a bit.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:26, Sat 04 Jan 2014.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 420 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 4 Jan 2014
at 17:19
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil always frowns as soon as he sees the team on the giant smoke screen. His eyes narrow a little bit. "Out of all the other teams, I really hope this one doesn't win." He folds his arms across his chest and watches.
Aden Bero
 player, 484 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 6 Jan 2014
at 19:41
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden replies, his frown equally fervent, "Team Thryka's no better, if they're willing to include people like Adrian Mvashti."

"It doesn't matter though.  Out of all the teams, there's only one that's going to win... Arcadia!"
Despite a terrible start to the day, Aden obviously still considered himself team cheerleader.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:42, Mon 06 Jan 2014.

Morien
 player, 364 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 6 Jan 2014
at 20:28
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien remained silent during the exchange, staring out at the battlefield. Despite his stoic posture, you could hear the slight clinking of his armor plates. His entire body was trembling. The air around him shimmered faintly for a second as a wave of dread washed over the surrounding area. It vanished as quickly as it began. The air felt as though something was locked within him, straining to get free.

 Suddenly, he broke his silence. "Tio, how far can we go when declaring a prevailing condition? Could we ask for windstorm or blizzard conditions, for example?"

This message was last edited by the player at 01:17, Tue 07 Jan 2014.

Safia
 player, 50 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Tue 7 Jan 2014
at 03:42
Re: Festival Day 2

Safia’s mouth curved in a similar downward fashion as the others, though it was in response to Dustil serving himself up as arrow bait. The image that brought to mind was unsettling at best. Aden’s exuberance, however, pulled her focus back and she regarded the Oracle’s faith with a solemn nod. Team Arcadia would win.

They had to.

...For Jace.

As she lent an ear for Tio’s reply to Morien’s query, Safia’s attention returned to studying the strategy and defense of the Black Swords.
Mr. Main
 GM, 663 posts
Tue 7 Jan 2014
at 12:45
Re: Festival Day 2
"Yes you can ask for a windstorm or a blizzard, the problem is a matter of intensity. Don't expect a full on typhoon or powerful blizzard. There are limits to what can be done. which were put into place for various reason or so I was told."
Aden Bero
 player, 485 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 7 Jan 2014
at 19:44
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden tremored at the feeling Morien put off for a moment.  What in the hells....  He hoped they weren't losing their ally to whatever was going on within him.

He replied, after Tio, "What do you have in mind, Ice Bucket?  A blizzard or typhoon could hurt us as much as it helps. In fact, since our opponent has shelter and time to prepare, it could hurt us more."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 422 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 7 Jan 2014
at 19:53
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil chuckled mirthlessly. "Not all of us are immune to cold or can see through smoke." He winked at Tamalie and Safia.
Aden Bero
 player, 486 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 7 Jan 2014
at 20:49
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden smiled at Dustil, "Be glad, friend. Our abilities aren't without a steep price."
Morien
 player, 365 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 7 Jan 2014
at 21:25
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien let out a deep breath, the sound reverberating like a sigh from the grave. He then drew in another deep breath. "Our group is mostly melee or spellcasters. With a windstorm or blizzard, we would not need to worry about arrows. Then, if they decided to take shelter, we could take measures to flush them out.

 Tamalie's lightning could demolish or set fire to the second floor, concentrating all of our opponents in a single area, priming them for a barrage of alchemist's fire. This is especially true of a blizzard.

 Of course, with limited intensity, my plan is only half as effective."

Dustil Kraye
 player, 423 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 7 Jan 2014
at 22:26
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil looked at Morien with a puzzled frown. "Forgive me if this is stupid, but I don't have much experience with snow. Would not a blizzard cause problems for fires?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 665 posts
Wed 8 Jan 2014
at 00:15
Re: Festival Day 2
After about a minute of talking team Elgavasa steps onto the field and the center of the arena becoems pitch black with the only light being that of a Illusionary half moon. Soft gentle light shines forth from both windows though it's to far to see anything. And one of the three patrols seems to be making use of a hooded lantern. The other two are entirely invisible in the dark as are the guard towers.

That is until you look up at the illusionary display created by the arena's magics. IN that display you can see the positions of team Elgavasa and everyone not in the fort. The inside of the fort is not being displayed. "Only those not on the arena's floor can see that display so Team Elgavasa and the Black Sword Mercs cannot see what is displayed. Tio explains.

The three patrols seem to have an odd patrol pattern, occasionally changing direction or moving closer in towards the cottage or moving further out from it. Making it so that there is no set pattern to watch or exploit.

Team Elgavasa breaks up into three groups. Pically and Revard's images suddenly disappear. While Jack first covers himself in mud from the arena floor then slinks off on his own and Thunk and Kern slowly make their way towards the front door of the cottage.

OOC: ok part two coming up. breaking this up into parts as I post it to make it easier for me. feel free to comment amongst yourselves as you watch. which also will hopefully make this feel more like an event you are watching rather something you are just reading. 
Morien
 player, 366 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 8 Jan 2014
at 01:04
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien looked up at the display. He was splitting his attention as he spoke. "It could, but as long as we are careful then it won't matter. The idea is to smoke them out of their fort and into the blizzard where we have the advantage. The only fire we will truly need will be in a place unaffected by the blizzard."
Tamalie
 player, 315 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Thu 9 Jan 2014
at 04:33
Re: Festival Day 2
"The rain and mud might work for me too." Tamalie comments. "I can make good speed through the wet and mucky terrain. They wouldn't see me leave any trail, but we might see their tracks. Something to consider. Let's see how the team handles the rain themselves."
Aden Bero
 player, 487 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 11 Jan 2014
at 01:48
Re: Festival Day 2
"Tio, if we do decide on cold weather, could you fetch us some warm clothing?  Strong winds will make it harder for us to cast spells. And winds or damp climate could effect my fire and fog spells' effectiveness. I'll make do with whatever fits our strategy best, however." Aden was pretty good with his weapons alone, but it'd be nice not to be limited.

OOC: don't forget concentration checks to cast spells in strong winds.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:48, Sat 11 Jan 2014.

Mr. Main
 GM, 667 posts
Thu 16 Jan 2014
at 02:12
Re: Festival Day 2
While Jack manages to silently slink his way closer to the cottage and Pically and Revard are nowhere to be seen. It does not take long for Thunk and Kern to be noticed by one of the patrols. The large black dog one two men of one of the patrol is leading suddenly stops and quickly orients in thunk and Kern's general direction letting out a loud bark.

"No. We can't provide you with anything once the main challenges for the day have begun. once they are over or even before sure, but once the games start we can't lift a finger to help you." Tio explains as you watch.

figuring that they have been noticed Thunk and Kern charge towards the cottage. The patrol with the dog that noticed the adventures intercepts them. one of the pair from the patrol lights some sort of flair illuminating the scene. the other moves forward to engage Kern as the dog lunges at Thunk. Thunk cleaves the poor animal in half with a single slash while Kern Blocks a slash from a guardsman. The other patrols move towards the commotion while the men on the tower turn towards the light. They hold their fire for the moment, but train their crossbows and wait.

Meanwhile jack uses the distraction to get approach one of the guard towers and start climb up the ladder to the top.

The other two patrols which are hurrying to the scene as the two other guards battle it out with thunk and kern. Kern drives the point of his crystal into one of the two guards thigh. He lets out a shout of pain and seems to almost wobble momentarily. Thunk Immediately pivots and bring his axe to bear, burying it in the man's back with such force that his axe crunches through the man's mid section, the tip protruding from his lower abdomen. thunk kicks the man off his axe and he falls limply to the ground. However the other guard makes thunk pay for turning his attention away. His longsword tears a gash in the bug-bears side.

still nothing can be seen of Pically or Revard. Jack manages to reach the top of the ladder and starts to climb onto the platform. The Orc manning the odd crossbow finally notices jack and charges him in an attempt to push him off the tower as he his gaining the platform. The Orc seems to succeed pushing the smaller man back and off the top. But jack grabs ahold of the orc and brings him off the end with him. They both fall, but before the end jack suddenly jerks to a stop while the orc continues his graceless fall to the ground. jack has some odd looking chain in his with a wicked looking scythe like blade in the end. the blade has been wrapped around a wooden post near the top. which is what stopped jack from falling all the way down.

 jack winces in obvious pain as he pulls himself to the top once more. He quickly swivels the crossbow and orients it on one of the two patrols nearing thunk and kern. He begins spinning a crack on the machines and looses five bolts in rapid succession. three miss, but two find their mark in one of the guards men one going into his side and the second his leg. the new wounds seem to hobble him as the dog continues rushing towards thunk and Kern while the second guard stops and drops to the ground while looking to see where the bolts came from.

Meanwhile thunk and Kern turn their on the remaining guard from the first patrol.  Thunk slashes out at him with his axe, the guard side steps and then blocks an attack by kern with his shield before thrusting at Thunk. The Bug-bear bats the sword away contemptuously with his arm as he steps forward and head butts the guard breaking the man's nose with a loud crunch and a spray of blood. Kern moves behind him and thrusts his crystal tipped spear like weapon into the man's back. The man gasps, coughing blood and then collapses.

 Thunk and Kern then charge the door and the two guards standing in front of it. A hail of bolts fly at them from the second guard tower, but only one manages to land on Kern. striking him in the right shoulder. It's enough to slow his his trhust enough for one of the guard to deflect it. That guard then moves forward to bring his flail down on the warrior's head. Kern however reacts fast. He draws a knife from his belt and slightly twists to the side. the flail falls heavily on his left shoulder as Kern drives the knife viciously down right where the shoulders meet the neck. (lots of crits this fight) dropping him.

 The other guard fares a bit better. He dodges Thunk's attack and slash back with a powerful two handed stroke from his halberd.  It just barely grazes thunk, but the bug-bear finally has had enough. He lets out a feral stream and attacks the man back with a low sweeping slash that literally cuts the man's legs out from under him.

 That's when the third patrol finally arrives from the far side. "rampage inside I'll handle these guys." Kern calls out as he moves to put himself between them and Thunk. Thunk quickly bashes his way in through the front door. the screens don't show what happens in side, but you hear some screams before suddenly Thunk is seen flying out from the window on the right side. He goes soaring a good ten feet past that before landing hard on the ground. As he starts to pick himself up a large Orc walks out of the ruins of The wall where the window once was. He has an odd black circle tattoo around one of his eyes.

 "Stand up. We're not done."


OOC: ok coming in on the end.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:45, Tue 21 Jan 2014.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 425 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 21 Jan 2014
at 23:17
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil grimaced as it looked like the rival team was making a good showing. He was worried that they might actually win. They showed some good stealth and tactics...on the other hand the combat was brutal and didn't seem very tactical except to draw attention away from the stealthy people. He still didn't see Revard and that worried him. His fists clenched a bit at his side, his eyes narrowed and he stared silently at the display.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:18, Tue 21 Jan 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 488 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 22 Jan 2014
at 04:24
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden watched everything with a combination of emotions, doing his best to note any detail that might give Team Arcadia an advantage. The battle that raged in the dark below was intense. And Team Elgavasa had yet to show their full strength.  Thunk and Kern were a deadly duo, for certain--the fury of the bugbear's rage made the oracle's eyes go wide.

They went wider still when that same bugbear was thrown through the wall from the second floor, crashing to the ground below.  When the large orc stepped out, Aden let out a whistle, wondering how his team was going to bring the thing down. Probably with some swords, fists, javelins, and lightning bolts.
Tamalie
 player, 316 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 22 Jan 2014
at 04:37
Re: Festival Day 2
With so much tension and anticipation Tamalie assumes she's reading from everyone leaves her thinking she's not alone in wondering if they made the right decision. They appear to be doing well, and it's a rather violent display.

She watches intensely. But is drawn to lean in closer when she spots the half orc.

"Turgen? Hey! I know him." It's rather obvious that the Half Orc is pretty large and powerful, but Tamalie points out, "Oh, he's going to be really difficult to deal with. He's not just a big ball of muscle, he's pretty capable out there."
Morien
 player, 367 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 22 Jan 2014
at 08:30
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien remains silent and stoic as he watches the match. Only the sight of fog briefly escaping his visor betrays that he is even breathing. He seems to have collected himself.

"Tamalie. Did you prepare a Jump spell today?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 670 posts
Tue 28 Jan 2014
at 23:29
Re: Festival Day 2
As Thunk Picks himself up Kern desperately tries to fight off three assailants.  the dog rushes up and chomps down on his calf. He skewers it with his crystal tipped spear only to be attacked from both sides by the guards who came with it. He manages to dodge one's long sword, but the other's morning star connects with a solid thump as it smashes into his side. Kern grimaces and grunts as he thrusts his weapon out. The guards ably deflects it with his shield. And once more they both press the attack on him from either side. This time he dodges the morning star, but the other guard manages to catch Kern with the tip of his blade. Kern is looking beaten and bloodly. He is obviously being pushed to his limit. It does not look like he'll last much longer.

Meanwhile Jack keeps up a rapid volley of bolts on the other patrol finishing off one of the men and keeping the other pinned down. the dog that was with them barks up at the top of the tower from it's base. Unable to do more to help it's trainers.

Revard and Pically still remain unseen.

Thunk gets up and with a feral scream charges the large Orc. The orc tries to parry, but he underestimated the Bug-bears strength and ferocity. Thunks Axe tears gouge through the warriors armor. splattering his blood across the ground and the wall of the cottage. The Orc's eyes narrow and drops his bastard sword. He grabs Thunk by the throat, slams him against the wall while ramming his knee into the bug-bears side at the same time. Caught in a grapple thunk struggles to use his axe before deciding it's useless and tries to break free, but the Orc keeps thunk pinned against the wall and pummels him.

Kern manages to stab his spear down into the thigh of one of his assailants, but even as he does so the other bears down on him landing another blow and forcing Kern to start to retreat away from the pair before he could finish the other off. Now the three of them watch each other warily looking for the best moment to strike.

Jack sick of the dogs barking stops his crossbow barrage long enough to form a large blade out of nowhere and toss it down at the dog. It strikes causing the dog to yelp and scurry away. taking the opportunity the pinned down guardsman makes a break for the tower and reaches it's base before Jack and get back to manning the crossbow. The guard starts to climb up and jack waits for him at the top.

Thunk and the Orc continue to struggle, it's close but the orc manages to maintain the upper hand as he repreated punches thunk in the stomach and slam his head against the stone wall of the cottage. as the fight wears on, both seemed to be taking damage, but thunk is clearly the one getting the worst of the exchanges. until suddenly  the orc lets out a cry and revard suddenly appears in view. His rapier sticking out of the orc's side.

 It's all the distraction thunk needs to break out as he shoves the large orc away. He takes a step back and goes to swing his axe, but the orc ducks inside behind the wall. as he does so a hail of crossbow bolts flies at the two members of team Elgavasa from the other guard tower. Revard and Thunk each taking a shot. With the orc guarding the hole in the wall and what threatens to be a continuous storm of bolts the two try and fall back to the other side of the cottage to regroup with Kern. As they round the corner a bright flare suddenly bursts into life in the air.

 Suddenly the screens focus on Pically who is now standing in his team's box. Looking smug. He is holding something small up in the air and waving it around. The crowd cheers. It seems like the attempt is over. then the mayor steps forward and his voice carries out over the crowd. "Team Elgavasa...Fails." the cheers suddenly stop and the crowds stunned silence is suddenly broken by the chuckling of the large Orc.

"Tricks are for Kids." he shouts. then lots of people rush into the arena floor. Many of them seem to be medics that are rushing to the wounded. team Elgavasa is escorted out and after all the dead and wounded are taken out the air shimmers and the cottage and all the remaining black swords vanish from sight.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 427 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 29 Jan 2014
at 01:49
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil narrowed his eyes again as he watched. Things heated up quickly down in the 'games'. He assumed Revard and Pically were using invisibility, which is why they weren't seen. He watched carefully to how the mercenaries were reacting and the patterns they used to their attacks and movements.

He frowned when it looked like the other team had won but then his eyebrows shot upwards and his eyes widened as they were declared to have failed. "What? They failed?"

18:46, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 26 using 1d20+10. Perception to see what is being held.
18:47, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 21 using 1d20+8. Sense Motive - why they failed.

Morien
 player, 368 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 29 Jan 2014
at 04:56
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien watched passively as the attempt played out. Their did not seem to be many weaknesses in the Black Swords defenses.

22:54, Today: Morien rolled 17 using 1d20+2. sense motive.

22:54, Today: Morien rolled 17 using 1d20+2. perception.
Tamalie
 player, 317 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 1 Feb 2014
at 05:32
Re: Festival Day 2
Breathing out, Tamalie knows that was a little unexpected, but she's glad they lost even if it's not immediately understood by everyone.

"From what I saw, I know it's possible to have thought it a good win for them, but let's just be grateful that they didn't win. Only problem now is that we have to face them, and they look positively savage. Let's hope that clerics and staff will be on the scene very quickly in the event something goes wrong."

Looking to her friends to see if they have anything to offer, she points out, "I think they stopped the event before someone got killed. It looked pretty violent out there."

This message was last edited by the player at 06:04, Sat 01 Feb 2014.

Morien
 player, 369 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 1 Feb 2014
at 06:48
Re: Festival Day 2
 "Actually, I'm not certain that's why. I get the feeling that it had something to do with the watch. I was actually planning on killing as many of them as I could and then searching the bodies for the watch, personally."
Aden Bero
 player, 489 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 1 Feb 2014
at 15:46
Re: Festival Day 2
"Did they grab a decoy or something...?" Aden looked about, trying to get a sense for what the heck had just happened.

09:32, Today: Aden Bero rolled 16 using 1d20+4. sense motive.
09:32, Today: Aden Bero rolled 8 using 1d20+4. perception.
09:34, Today: Aden Bero rolled 7 using 1d20+2. untrained knowledge local. Orcs in society?


The oracle may be charismatic, athletic, and decently intelligent. And humble to boot. :) But perceptive and aware were not labels he'd often received.  Of course, in his defense, he had certain very annoying distractions that most other people weren't prone to.

Trusting his allies would think of the answers he couldn't, the fire haired man started stretching and checking his weapons and armor, making ready for the battle soon to come.

"We need to decide on what effect we want in the arena.  If you want me and Tam to be able to cast spells worth a damn, then calm weather is better than howling winds.  I can lay down a Sound Burst spell to help stun the mercenaries crowded around the entrance to the hut, as well as using a flash bomb."

"We're not exactly a stealthy group, but we can't just go charging in either. And if we don't have cover or darkness, those repeating crossbows are going to cause us major problems."


OOC: Can we get an idea of the layout of the battleground in terms of distances?  I'd also like a better idea of the range of the crossbows based on what we saw.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 428 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 1 Feb 2014
at 19:11
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil frowned a bit in thought. "Crap. That's gonna make it harder. I think they grabbed the wrong item an' didn't realize it. We not only have t'get TO the item, but we have t'get the right one."

He sighed. "We need a good game plan. I can deflect arrows shot at me, but only one every couple a'seconds."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:13, Sat 01 Feb 2014.

Safia
 player, 51 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sun 2 Feb 2014
at 07:45
Re: Festival Day 2

It had, indeed, been violent out there. Safia couldn’t dispel Tamalie’s observation. She focused her thoughts, instead, on what strategy they should use in order to attain what Team Elgavasa had not. She replayed every move of the battle in her mind’s eye, searching for weakness. She sought to discern a chink in the Black Merc’s armor that would render them unable to defend the compass. Pure aggression had lost and what Elgavasa considered to be wit, seemed to be lacking. Whatever they had grabbed was clearly not the compass.

To Morien, she gave a small nod. “My thoughts were similar. The silver compass might be on their person, rather than a particular hiding spot. But which one carries it? Then again, perhaps they passed it off to one another during battle?”

Safia looked to the others with a small half-grin. “We could just ask nicely for them to hand over the silver compass. Save them a few more holes that will need patching. And spare Dustil the discomfort of offering himself up as a pin-cushion. If that doesn't work, then we go with Plan B. ...By chance, did anybody bring a satchel-full of poppy-laced meat for those dogs?”

Letting another set of canine jaws chomp down on her thigh was an experience she'd rather not revisit.

Safia rolled 12 using 1d20+2. Sense Motive.
Safia rolled 12 using 1d20+2. Perception.

Morien
 player, 370 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 2 Feb 2014
at 08:02
Re: Festival Day 2
 "I am aware of the penalties for spellcasting in a snowstorm. I am subject to them myself. However, there is a loophole to exploit."

 He points to the cabin. "The hut will block the wind in one direction. You and Tamalie need to retreat to the side without wind while Dustil takes out the only turret that can target you, assuming you can assist him with a jump spell.

 My function in this match will be crowd control. I have yet to reveal my powers because you have always been too close. Further, the powers I plan on using outside will not be stopped by the weather.

 Safia, I will need you to help guard Aden and Tamalie from any aggression that I cannot redirect. We need to protect our healers.

 Once I have cleared the way, Safia, Aden, and Tamalie, you will be able to enter the hut from the ground floor and Dustil, you will be able to enter from the top and attack from two sides. That will enable you to take on the orc in a 4 on 1 match. I will continue to fend off any dogs and soldiers until my powers fail me.

 I did not see any indication of it during the match, but I am almost willing to bet that the orc has the watch on his person."

This message was last edited by the player at 08:08, Sun 02 Feb 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 491 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 2 Feb 2014
at 16:29
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden smiled back at Safia, "No lass, you're getting your mercenary bands confused. It's the Red Swords that yield to an extremely polite foe.  The Black Swords cut out your sweet tongue and feed it back to you.  I kinda like my tongue where it is, as do a few ladies I know, so I'll think I'll just blast and stab any of these blokes that gets too close."

To Morien, Aden continued, "As excited and terrified as I am to see what creepy tricks you have up your sleeve, Ice Bucket, I'd feel more comfortable with you calling all the shots if you were a little bit more forthcoming about what you have planned.  Is the wind absolutely essential to what you've got in mind?  Without the wind, I can lay down one of my mist clouds, which is a safe place for us to retreat back to and regroup if necessary.  The wind will just blow it away though."
Tamalie
 player, 318 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 2 Feb 2014
at 23:32
Re: Festival Day 2
Nodding her head with Aden's observation, Tamalie offers, "One of my spell defenses is a fog cloud. Haven't had to use it for a few days, but it's a staple of my defenses when numbers aren't on my side. I could cast it on their warriors, or maybe even a tower, preventing missiles from targeting clearly. I think I could distract the dogs, as long as they aren't too well trained."

She looks back to the field, trying to remember what else might be good. Turning back to her friends, she adds, "I suppose the best conditions for me might be to have lush plants and trees. Even heavy grass could serve as cover if we crawled about. At least better than just sand, or stone."

And then she adds, "I could cast a spider climb spell too. Walk right over the wall, maybe even right up to the archers in the tower. They wouldn't be expecting that if they figure the fog is just a distraction technique."
Safia
 player, 53 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Mon 3 Feb 2014
at 01:07
Re: Festival Day 2

Aden’s response elicited a soft sound of amusement from Safia. She couldn’t help but appreciate his confidence, if not be fleetingly distracted by it (by glancing at his tongue). Truly, she had been teasing about asking politely. Hacking and stabbing her way through the mercs was likely to be her approach as well. She was also in accord with the desire for more details in regards to Morien’s strategy, and gave a nod to indicate so.
Tamalie:
And then she adds, "I could cast a spider climb spell too. Walk right over the wall, maybe even right up to the archers in the tower. They wouldn't be expecting that if they figure the fog is just a distraction technique."

“That’s a rather brilliant idea, Tam.” Safia regarded her friend’s suggestion. “But you shouldn’t go alone. Are you able to cast the spell to allow for both of us to climb together?”
Morien
 player, 371 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 3 Feb 2014
at 11:18
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien nodded. "Yes... assuming the wind is of great enough intensity. High winds and snowfall will compensate for our lack of stealth and the winds themselves are a superior defense against the crossbow bolts than your fog... that is, again, assuming we are granted the level of intensity I require. Even if it is not, with the combination of the heavy wind and snowfall, the blizzard should provide as much, if not more, protection from the crossbows than the fog.

 Our prevailing condition will force the mercenaries into melee combat. Three of us excel in that area, allowing us to control the flow of the battle while outside.

 Aden, you, Tamalie, and Safia will seek shelter from the storm while we are in the first stage. During this time Aden, you and Tamalie will be conserving your strength and Safia, you will be guarding them.

 Dustil will take out the turrets. While they will most likely be unable to target me, they will be able to target you three. Tamalie, use your spider climb spell on Dustil. It will allow him to move up the turrets more easily in the weather.

 Meanwhile, I will be attracting the attention of the ground troops. Once it is safe to do so, the three of you..."


 He points to Safia, Tamalie, and Aden, "Enter the fort and seek out the orc. It is my bet that he carries the watch. Dustil, you will be entering from the roof as soon as the other three do so. That will give us the advantage of numbers.

 Once inside, you will be able to use your fog cloud unhindered. This, combined with your ability to heat metal and heal, will make the fight very difficult for our target. Safia, this is why I need you to conserve your strength during the first phase. You will be spearheading the assault against the orc. Dustil and I will provide what support we can but I do not know the extent of the injuries we will suffer during the first stage.

 If our injuries are severe, Tamalie might need to break away from combat to heal us. I would prefer if Aden remained in a combat role due to his prowess with javelins."


 When laying out his plans, Morien's posture shifted into something that seemed more comfortable, more natural, as though this was his element. However, after a few seconds, he seemed to remember that he was addressing equals and not subordinates. "Of course, that is only my suggestion. If any of you have a different idea, I am open to suggestions.

 ...as far as tall grass goes..."


 He raised his hand. "...remember that the cold of my body kills plant matter and would give away the location of anyone near me."

This message was last edited by the player at 11:22, Mon 03 Feb 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 492 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 3 Feb 2014
at 12:51
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden nodded as their plans and suggestions started to coalesce. "It's not a bad plan, but I'm going to continue to play devil's advocate, Morien."

"Those crossbows probably have a pretty good range, just like any of their kind.  Perhaps not the most accurate at distance, but I bet between the two of them they easily cover the entire field.  They'll be shooting at all of us, including you, the moment we move into the open.  The night condition from the last round limited their range to darkvision, 60'-120' probably at most, or targets using light, so we didn't get to see their full effectiveness.  Don't make the mistake of downplaying how much they complicate our advance."

"How much cover your winds will provide, and how limited vision will be because of snowfall, is untested.  I'd feel more comfortable if we had a better idea of what to expect.  As established, a blizzard makes it more difficult for us to cast spells, which could be necessary to provide more utility, cover, or even offense if you can't distract all the patrols."

"The only place for us to take shelter on the field is against the hut.  We'd have to get there first, through the patrols you intend to deal with.  And that will only give us protection from one of the crossbows, meaning Dustil will need to have already dealt with the other should the winds and snow prove insufficient."

"Should the blizzard turn out to be more effective than not, that can also work against us.  Your plan has us spread out from one another.  If the winds howl and the horizon is limited due to precipitation, how are we to know how each other fares in our assignments?"

"I vote that we call for a condition of heavy fog.  I can see through it, directing our efforts.  The crossbows will be worthless.  We will have an advantage over our enemies, and we will still be able to cast spells without worry.  And we can stay reasonably close together to offer support to one another.  Your plan has us too spread out to assist should one of us bite off more than they can chew.  Fog still forces them to rely on melee, which you three are suited for.  And it still allows me to be the champion marksman that I am."
Aden struck a brief pose, as though firing a bow into the heavens.  He'd never fired a traditional bow in his life. "It does probably limit Tam's effectiveness though.  But it sounds like many of her spells are focused on utility, and she can still support with summons and close-ranged spells."

"But, I'm a well-established sucker for a foggy day, so perhaps there's something I'm missing in my little equation.  Tio, if we called for fog, would they be allowed to call for something that cancels it out, like wind.  Can one condition negate another?"

Dustil Kraye
 player, 429 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 3 Feb 2014
at 15:19
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil listened quietly as the Morien and Aden threw out plans. Blizzard or Fog? Not very good choices for himself either way. HE couldn't see through fog and snow was harder to be stealthy and run on than normal ground. But he supposed both plans had their advantages and disadvantages. He waited to hear the answer to Aden's question before speaking.

One thing, however, pulled at him. "Morien, your plan calls fer you t'taken on the patrols by yerself, yeh? No offense, but havin' seen you in battle yesterday I'm not sure you can take those on by yerself."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:32, Mon 03 Feb 2014.

Mr. Main
 GM, 674 posts
Mon 3 Feb 2014
at 17:20
Re: Festival Day 2
"It is possible. It really comes down to the ingenuity of those involved. As you saw in the last match they could not undo the call for night and the one called jack used the mud to his advantage to try and hide his scent. So negating a blizzard would be hard. But for fog, they certainly could call for winds or bright sun. Though sun would take a while."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 430 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 3 Feb 2014
at 17:47
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil smirked and spoke up to Tio. "I don't s'pose we can have THEM pick a condition first?" He let out a chuckle as he already knew the answer.
Aden Bero
 player, 493 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 3 Feb 2014
at 18:23
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden nodded at Dustil, "That would certainly make things easier, but alas. So, we have a blizzard of questionable effectiveness, fog that can be countered with wind, forest-type terrain that slows everyone but Tam and maybe Morien down, and night that limits all of our vision except for me and my goggles.  Any other thoughts?"

"Whatever we choose, in my opinion, needs to give us protection from those crossbows.  So either night or forest seems like the best we've seen or suggested, considering we can't be certain what protection the blizzard will offer."

Dustil Kraye
 player, 431 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 3 Feb 2014
at 18:27
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil piped up again. "Rainstorm? That'd give Tamalie the option fer lightning if she's got that spell in mind. Downpours should cut visibility some an' hinder crossbow shots." He shrugged, not having a good idea since all the options that came to mind made it just as difficult if not more so for his own team than the other team.
Tamalie
 player, 319 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Tue 4 Feb 2014
at 05:20
Re: Festival Day 2
Listening to all the ideas, Tamalie can't offer any suggestions as to which one she would agree with, but does point out, "I can have anyone person able to climb those towers. But to be sure, I don't need a rainstorm to cast my spells."

With that out of the way, she hopes that answers any thoughts about what she might be able to do.


"I only wanted the deep grass so that I could cast entangle on the foes. That would really restrict them from coming after us in melee. The idea of cover was only a secondary thought"

Feeling a little small and useless with everyone else coming up with battleplans, Tamalie looks around, seeing what everyone really wants to do, as she thinks they will be more effective in battle.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 432 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 4 Feb 2014
at 05:23
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil perked up at Tamalie. "Entangle? Hmmm...That's not a bad idea. If only Frosty didn't care so much 'bout wearin' the armor all the time, we could keep 'im outta the grass a bit. Or...well...if so long as Morrie stayed away from the places your spell was at, the entangle would stay in place, yah?"
Morien
 player, 372 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 4 Feb 2014
at 06:26
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien sighed. "Well, these patrollers are neither heroes, minotaur, nor..."

 He sighed, letting his comment hang in the air before falling flat. "Besides... I have been holding back out of necessity. Yesterday's match required that I not kill anyone during combat. That limited my options quite a bit. Today I am under no such restriction.

 As for the crossbows, yes. I am well aware of how dangerous they can be. That is why I still think a blizzard would suit us best. At worst it will provide us with more cover than fog and at best will negate the crossbows entirely save against you three. That is why Dustil needs to take out the one turret that will be able to fire at you. The other turret is of little to no consequence, depending on the severity of the storm.

 That does leave lack of communication as a problem. However, if everyone does their part it should prove to be moot.

 Dustil, if you are not certain I can handle my end of the fight, then I would welcome your assistance after you bring down the turret. However, you must remain at least 30ft away from me.

 As for the grass... it still hinders my movement but it dies at my touch. Unfortunately, that is not a function of my armor, but rather of my flesh."

Aden Bero
 player, 495 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 4 Feb 2014
at 22:55
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden suggested, "Unless anyone has some new ideas, we should open it up to a vote and be done with it.  I vote forest.  If that's not an option, I vote night."

"Tam, what kind of forest has limited undergrowth but extensive canopy cover and thick trunks to hide behind?  Ideally, our mobility on the ground won't be limited, but we'll have plenty of cover above and stuff blocking us from direct lines of turret fire."


OOC: Okay, so if forest is even an option, the "type" of forest may not be.  But here's Aden's attempt to identify what type of forest would be most ideal for the party's needs.

16:53, Today: Aden Bero rolled 10 using 1d20+2. untrained knowledge nature/geography?

Whether here or in OOC topic, put in your opinions you want considered and then, when ready, cast a vote for the battlefield condition you want us to pick.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 433 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 4 Feb 2014
at 23:46
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil looked at Morien a moment and then shrugged. He wasn't sure if the 'fighter' had an inflated opinion of himself or if he really was that good and hadn't shown all his abilities. It should an interesting sight.

"Of course, I'll help you....I help any who need it, especially a comrade-in-arms like yerself." He hesitated. "I'm torn. I don't like the idea o'splittin' us up, but I do see the value in takin' out targets like the archers t'help out the more valuable spellcasters among us. Both plans have merit an' flaws."

He glanced at Aden and nodded after a moment. "Forest. I s'pose it allows us t'climb an' keep outta reach o'the dogs. Do we have a way to....unscent ourselves?" He shrugged again. "So...If we choose forest, is there anythin' we can think of that they could choose t'negate that? O'course, even if it's allowed, I doubt it'll reach all the way t'the buildin' and towers they have...assumin' they don't re-do their fortifications for our round. Which means we'll still have some distance t'cross t'get to where we need t'be without gettin' shot, right?"
Morien
 player, 375 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 5 Feb 2014
at 12:15
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien nods. "It is very unlikely that forest terrain will reach all the way to the fort. Even if it does, I am hard pressed to think of any magic that would create trees large enough to prevent crossbow fire.

 Understand, I dislike splitting up a small group like this as well. However, unless we do so, we stand a very good chance of getting pinned down. I would be grateful for any help I could get in weakening the patrols, but not at the expense of wasting our resources.

 It can be condensed down to the following:

 We need something to negate the crossbow fire. We need to take out the turrets unless we can pick a condition that can negate them entirely. We need to eliminate the patrols without reducing our effectiveness to the point that we can no longer effectively fight their leader."

Aden Bero
 player, 496 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 6 Feb 2014
at 01:19
Re: Festival Day 2
"Tio, is forest terrain an option? If so, how thick can we expect it to be, and would it cover the entire field, including up to the fort and towers?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 675 posts
Thu 6 Feb 2014
at 01:41
Re: Festival Day 2
"I have no idea. They kept 'prevailing' conditions vague on purpose. If it isn't an option they'll tell you."
Aden Bero
 player, 497 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 7 Feb 2014
at 03:36
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden thought for a moment, then conceded, "Alright, screw it. I don't care what we do.  Let's just kick some ass."  He hit his fists together, getting fired up.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 435 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 7 Feb 2014
at 03:44
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil looked at each of his comrades quickly one by one. "So, just to clarify, forest first, but if that's not an option wind? Or was it blizzard?"

This message was last edited by the player at 03:44, Fri 07 Feb 2014.

Morien
 player, 376 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 7 Feb 2014
at 05:11
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien's shoulders rose and fell as he sighed, grumbling under his breath.
Aden Bero
 player, 498 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 7 Feb 2014
at 13:06
Re: Festival Day 2
"Forest, then blizzard." It sounded like neither really mattered to Aden. He had a dangerous look in his strange eyes, like a backdraft of raging fire, ready to be unleashed on their opponents. A moment ago he'd wanted to talk and plan 'til they turned to old men, but apparently that moment had passed. "I think it's best if we all stay pretty close to each other. Remember, we've got to find the compass, and bring it back. Does everyone else agree with Morien and say split up, or stick together?"
Tamalie
 player, 320 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 9 Feb 2014
at 05:57
Re: Festival Day 2
With looking around at the field, and back at her companions, she wonders when they are going to be called up there to make their conditions known.

With Aden's last questions about splitting or staying together, the druid offers, "I'm always able to cast a spell to make sure there's something conjured near me to protect me, but you folk are a lot trustier than my spells. But I think if Morien can do more with a buffer distance away, that's good too. I've always seen armies go together as a group, but that doesn't work so well to stick so close when there are spells that target groups. What about spacing ourselves out. Close enough for voices to work, far enough that targeting one of us won't likely leave all of affected by the same counter spells, or area attacks. That's how I think when casting spells at least."
Morien
 player, 377 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 9 Feb 2014
at 07:37
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien sighed. "My plan requires that I draw as much attention, and thereby enemies, to myself as possible. The more I can gather in a group, the more damage I can inflict."
Mr. Main
 GM, 676 posts
Sun 9 Feb 2014
at 12:46
Re: Festival Day 2
"When the black swords have finished their repairs and modifications or their hour is up, is when you'll be asked to make your call."

OOC: so basically you guys have as long as you want to plan and discuss.
Aden Bero
 player, 499 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 9 Feb 2014
at 16:53
Re: Festival Day 2
"Right, so you go 40 feet ahead of us and draw them to you. But we can still support you with ranged weapons and spells. If we support each other, then we're all more likely to make it to the fort and back with the compass. If we split up, we're each more likely to fall along the way. And remember, if we do split up, and you're unable to take out all the patrols, then they'll be able to come flank and trap us."

"If there were a time-limit, or if they didn't know we were coming, splitting up would make more sense. But under these curcumstances, I can't see the benefit."

Morien
 player, 378 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 9 Feb 2014
at 20:51
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien sighed as he pointed to the arena. "The benefit is crossbows. For us to make it safely to the fort, we need to take them out. To take them out, we need a distraction for the patrols. We can't achieve both goals if we are in a single group.

 Worse, if we don't have some form of prevailing condition that hinders or prevents crossbow firing, then we will need to disable both crossbows instead of just one.

 Also remember that you didn't see the benefit in forming into a group and standing our ground in the forest. Had it not been for Tarrin and The Smiler, we likely all would have been eaten!"


 Morien froze in place for a moment but then suddenly turned away. It was clear he had just said something he had not intended to say.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:09, Sun 09 Feb 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 500 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 10 Feb 2014
at 05:31
Re: Festival Day 2
"That's not how I remember it, Morien. I was all for forming up against those wolves, but I also thought we could find more advantageous terrain, which you agreed to. So you're saying because I fell for the same unexpected trap as everyone else, yourself included, that I'm forever banned from interjecting my opinions on tactics and strategy." The oracle laughed. "You're better off trying to freeze my lips together, Ice Bucket."

"We obviously both have very different opinions on the best strategy for this competition. Which is why we have three others who can vote, and the majority can decide what we do."

"Nobody disagrees that we have to take out the crossbows.  And yes, at some point we'll need to split up--to a degree--to accomplish that.  I just don't think we need to split up right from the beginning.  The strength of whatever condition we decide will remain unknown until the start of our round.  We may be able to create a lush forest that covers the entire field.  Or maybe not.  Just like we don't know how effective a blizzard will really be.  All I'm saying is that we don't have to be on opposite ends of the battlefield from each other to accomplish our goals."

"We can stay reasonably close together, so as not to hamper each other from being fully effective, but to support one another and be able to communicate and adapt as a group.  We'll make for one of the crossbow towers together, deal with it and any patrols that we run into, and then move on from there."

Morien
 player, 379 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 10 Feb 2014
at 06:41
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien doesn't look at Aden, instead remaining turned away from the party. He remains silent for a time but, when he speaks, his voice has taken on a much more subdued tone. "I... apologize for my comment. It was uncalled for."

 He takes a deep breath. "If we are to use forest terrain, then we will need to approach from one side so that we will need only to deal with one at a time.

 We will need to take it out as quickly as possible... so we will need to split into two groups. One to stay on the ground and one to take out the turrets. That is the only way we will be able to enter the fort safely. The quicker we can do that, the safer we all will be.

 Afterwards, we can enter from the top and bottom or regroup and all of us enter from the bottom. So long as we can do so safely, then I am fine with the plan."

Dustil Kraye
 player, 436 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 12 Feb 2014
at 03:26
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil looked back and forth between Aden and Morien. He hoped this wouldn't go any further and drive a wedge between the two. Solidarity was something the team needed. Possibly a clear-cut leader as well.

He looked at Tamalie and Safia. "Ladies? Your opinion on the plans? Or any suggestion?"
Aden Bero
 player, 501 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 12 Feb 2014
at 03:27
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden nodded. "It's alright Morien.  We all lose our cooool from time to time.  Even armored snowmen." The juggler could never resist the obvious corny retort. "The rest sounds as good of a loose plan as anything."

Ice and Fire would always have their differences. But Morien was his teammate, and Aden wasn't one to hold a grudge for being obnoxious.  Because he also wasn't a hypocrite, and obnoxious was right up his alley.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:29, Wed 12 Feb 2014.

Tamalie
 player, 321 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 12 Feb 2014
at 06:15
Re: Festival Day 2
"Seems reasonable that we can split up, and still be near enough to help each other out. I'm not going to pick a route that leads me straight into a battle. I don't want to be left alone though either. But I think it'd be dumb to go into this all bunched up. I'd vote splitting into groups of two or three."

Tamalie looks at the others hopefully. She's not a tactician by any means, and she hopes that made sense. She has a look of uncertainty even as she says it.
Aden Bero
 player, 502 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 13 Feb 2014
at 17:54
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden suggest, "Perhaps this formation works: Morien in front, 40' ahead to draw in patrols. Dustil and Tam paired up, behind and about 20' to the left. Safia and me back, 20' to the right. That way were spread out, broken into pairs to support, and Morien doing his solo thing but close enough if he needs to fall back or us to move forward. When we near the turret tower, tam and Dustil see to it, and we hold position. Then either onto the next turret or fort. If we go with this, Dustil should be sure to disable the crossbow so one of the Mercs can't come behind and re-arm it. Thoughts?"
Tamalie
 player, 322 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Fri 14 Feb 2014
at 05:52
Re: Festival Day 2
Nodding here head, the druid likes Aden's idea, and offers, "Right, and I can cast that spiderclimb spell on Dustil. It's a good idea. Close enough for back up, far enough for not everyone being targeted at the same time."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 437 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 14 Feb 2014
at 07:03
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil gave a nod and a shrug again. "Sure. That sounds fine t'me. I'll do my best."
Morien
 player, 380 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 14 Feb 2014
at 07:49
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien turns and nods. "Very well. Let us hope that the forest terrain will be sufficient to cover our advance."
Mr. Main
 GM, 678 posts
Sat 15 Feb 2014
at 14:15
Re: Festival Day 2
After your vigorous discussion the rest of the hour passes slowly. during this time much of the crowd leaves to eat, use the bathroom or simply move. though a few die hard fans sit in their seats and anxiously wait. Finally Tio waves your group forward
"Ok one of you must declare the condition as you set out into the ready area. and good luck"
Morien
 player, 381 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 16 Feb 2014
at 08:04
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien nods and strides out into the ready area. Once there and once the instruction has been given to declare the prevailing condition, Morien pauses for a long moment to look back at his team before responding. "Forest."
Aden Bero
 player, 503 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 16 Feb 2014
at 13:42
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden strides out behind Morien, ready to pair off with Safia.  He smiles and waves to the crowds.
Mr. Main
 GM, 680 posts
Thu 20 Feb 2014
at 02:33
Re: Festival Day 2
Morien calls out your condition as you enter the arena. The crowd is obviously confused and erupts into a chaotic murmur of a myriad of conversations. and while that is going on a group of shadowy figures appear where the magic displaying what is happening on the field usually is. each one is a robed silhouette of a different color.

"What? forest? how is that a condition?"
"I think he meant forest terrain. as in the whole of the arena is one large forest."
"But is terrain a condition?"
"Why wouldn't it be? The black-swords called mud on the last attempt."
"that's different though it didn't obscure the whole of the arena."
"Night did. Part of this contest is coming up with something unexpected and using that to exploit a weakness or give you an advantage. It's clever. I like it."
"Of course you do, moss beard."
"That only happened once and it doesn't make me any less right."
"I agree."
"you've convinced me."
"It's to big of an effect I say no."
"makes it harder for the audience to see, I say no."
"It will delay the match start because of all the extra work we'll need to do. I say no."
 then they all turned to the last figure which had yet to speak.
"the scope is up to us and the black-swords can call a condition in response. I say yes. Black-swords what condition do you call?"

"That the forest be full of predators."

"Heh. See now doesn't that sound like fun for us?" the shapes the disappear and the arena floor starts shifting and shaking as an odd dark green haze starts to rise from the arena floor.

The match start will be delayed five minutes as the conditions are being enacted.
Aden Bero
 player, 505 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 20 Feb 2014
at 03:10
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden punched his fists together, a smile breaking out on his face. It was on.

This changed everything.  It was too late to turn back now, and he intended to give this his all.  "Splitting up might not be a good idea now."  Predators could mean a lot of things.  "Tam, we're really gonna need you.  And we've got your back."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 439 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 20 Feb 2014
at 04:01
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil waited as Morien strode up and gave their condition, even pausing a moment as if he was thinking about what their condition should, like they hadn't already discussed it. Play acting for the crowd. Nice.

His eyebrows shot up as some strange...people...started discussing the condition Team Arcadia asked for. Who were they? The Judges? He supposed they were. They were discussing it and then approved.

And then the Black Swords chose their condition. Dustil's mouth dropped open and he couldn't help it. He started chuckling. "That...that was a good comeback. Ha! Crap for us, but funny. I like these guys!"
Morien
 player, 382 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 20 Feb 2014
at 04:46
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien half turned and shot Aden a venomous look. However, he turned around immediately and said nothing, though those nearby could hear him grumbling under his breath.
Aden Bero
 player, 507 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 20 Feb 2014
at 05:11
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden smiled even bigger after Morien's look. "It was only a suggestion, Ice Bucket."
Tamalie
 player, 323 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 22 Feb 2014
at 19:08
Re: Festival Day 2
She heard the counter condition of predators from the other team, and she thought that was a condition that could back fire on either side.

She voiced her thoughts still, "The predators could attack them as well, couldn't it? Maybe that might make them stay inside their little fortress. It might make it tougher on small patrols to encounter some beast, but one or two of us might be able to hide against certain predators. I'm guessing they will hide in the the fort to out wait us. They know we have to come for them, and that there's predators out there."
Mr. Main
 GM, 683 posts
Sat 22 Feb 2014
at 23:44
Re: Festival Day 2
As the group talks tree suddenly burst from the ground. followed closely by shrubs, ferns, moss, thickets and many other plants. It becomes shady, but not dark. However the density of the trees and thickness of the undergrowth cuts visibility down to around 50 feet. The forest is eerily silent at first, but then you start to hear all the normal woodland sounds. it's almost as if someone at first forgot that yes there was indeed sounds in forests.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 440 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 22 Feb 2014
at 23:50
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil watched intently for the forest and then reared back despite himself when the forest suddenly appeared. A grin split his face and he looked at his team. "So, we go now, yes?"
Tamalie
 player, 324 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 23 Feb 2014
at 00:27
Re: Festival Day 2
Finding the sudden growth of trees to be quite an amazing feat, the druid just watched with her jaw dropping open. It slowly turned to a smile as she checked for the reactions from her friends. She looked at them, and then pointed at the field, as if she couldn't believe it.

"Wow."


She finds this really exciting, and starts to join Dustil, ready to move out.
Aden Bero
 player, 508 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 23 Feb 2014
at 17:17
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden shook his head, impressed by the magical marvels of the arena.  "Ready when you lot are.  Safia?" Aden prepared to pair off with the warrior, armed with his crossbow and buckler.

He shifted his visor down over his eyes, activating it to test the heat vision in this environment.  Hopefully he'd be able to pick up heat readings from the mercenaries and predators, so that they were less likely to be caught off guard.  He expected their range would be limited by the foliage, but that they should still be beneficial for creatures in the near vicinity.  "So we stay within 40' of one another, keeping a triangle formation?  That way we never lose sight of each other."

"And maybe one of us should climb a tree, try and get a look of the whole battlefield?  Or should we just make for one of the towers and use that to survey the field?



OOC: Are the two towers close enough to fire on each other?

This message was last edited by the player at 17:21, Sun 23 Feb 2014.

Mr. Main
 GM, 684 posts
Mon 24 Feb 2014
at 00:23
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: you cannot see the towers and the forest seems so complete that you can't even see the arena anymore. All you know is that at the moment it's just your group and the forest, supposedly full of predator, all around you.
Aden Bero
 player, 509 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 24 Feb 2014
at 01:29
Re: Festival Day 2
Realizing the range of his crossbow doesn't matter, Aden straps the crossbow back to his pack, and instead draws a javelin.  He could do more damage with one, and it was perfect for this range.
Morien
 player, 383 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 24 Feb 2014
at 07:56
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien's breathing came out like a hiss as the forest popped up around him, along with the foliage. As the greenery touched his armor, pieces of it began to wither and turn brown.

 He took several steps forward, drawing his greatsword as he did so. "I am sorry you all must witness this. I wanted the blizzard partly so that none of you would need to..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...FGemJn8JMANpkGTAcB2k

 He took a deep breath before letting it out. Once more the whispers began around him. Faces shimmered into and out of existence around him, occasionally mingling with the weeping and cries of condemned souls.

 He reached to his hip and began to blow on the ram's horn. The eerie sound mixed with the whispers as a skeleton dressed in leather armor and an iron helm, wielding a rusty greataxe burst forth from the ground, slowly pulling itself up from the soil.

 Morien rolled his shoulders as he hefted his greatsword, swinging it violently as he slashed his way through the undergrowth. His breathing continued to hiss as he exhaled, his posture and movements becoming increasingly aggressive. The group could see around his body a faintly reddish pulsing aura that extended to his sword.

 When he spoke, his voice was guttural and filled with the promise of violence and bloodshed. Morien's intent to kill had become a palpable thing. "Keep your distance from me and I will lead the way to the tower."

 He began moving forward, alternating between slashing plants and grabbing them with his hand cloaked in darkness, withering them away and tearing them from their moorings.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 443 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 25 Feb 2014
at 00:27
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil couldn't help it. He recoiled slightly back when Morien raised the skeleton. He composed himself soon after, and tried to push it from his mind. He would have preferred a blizzard over that, personally.

He took a small drink from his large flask and sighed. He then moved forward off a bit to Morien's right.
Aden Bero
 player, 511 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 25 Feb 2014
at 01:55
Re: Festival Day 2
ooc: good tunes Morien

Aden watched Morien animate the corpse, a grim smile on the oracle's face. "And here I was feeling bad he didn't have a partner."

He stalked off to the left with Safia.
Aden Bero
 player, 513 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 25 Feb 2014
at 04:41
Re: Festival Day 2
He called out as an after-thought.  "Morien, predators set traps sometimes." Part of him hoped Morien led cautiously.

But another side of Aden hoped he didn't.
Mr. Main
 GM, 686 posts
Tue 25 Feb 2014
at 23:41
Re: Festival Day 2
Morien's Horn sounds true and after a bit is answered by a couple roars or other calls. OOC: knowledge nature or survival check to try and ID the calls.

OOC: ok so everyone make survival checks to know where you are going. The sudden appearance of the forest has thrown off your sense of direction. basically suddenly all this crap appeared and you can no longer see or remember where the arena wall was or where the cottage is. also you need to make survival or acrobatics checks to move unhindered through the forest. (why acrobatics? being nimble enough to more adeptly move around and through the obstacles where as the survival check is based upon knowing where to step as an experienced woodsman deal.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 444 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 26 Feb 2014
at 00:28
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil reared back a bit again as he heard things 'answering' Morien's horn blow. "Oh crap! Thanks fer lettin' 'em all know where we ARE!" But he let out a little laugh and grinned.

He glanced at his 'partner' Tamalie and grinned. He was glad to be able to move with her, though he liked Safia as well and Aden was awesome. He looked back at the woods and starting bounding stealthily off into it.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:07, Wed 26 Feb 2014.

Tamalie
 player, 326 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 26 Feb 2014
at 01:00
Re: Festival Day 2
Seeing the skeleton animate around a soul, she couldn't help but stare, and then as they disappeared into the forest, she turns to Dustil, offering quietly, "That can't be good."

Walking into the forest, she's confident, and walks securely and lightly. The Half Elf doesn't find the terrain difficult, but rather comfortable. She almost wishes this were outside of the city, where she could really relax and let her guard down.
Morien
 player, 387 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 26 Feb 2014
at 02:20
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien grumbled to himself as he forged through the woods. He was not particularly agile in his heavy armor, but he could see places where he could step to avoid danger. Unfortunately, he had no idea what kinds of creatures were out there... which only made him grumble more. "Stupid forest! Worst. Idea. Ever!"

20:17, Today: Morien rolled 20 using 1d20+1. survival.

20:17, Today: Morien rolled 4 using 1d20-1. acrobatics.

20:19, Today: Morien rolled 4 using 1d20+1. survival, ID calls.
Aden Bero
 player, 514 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 26 Feb 2014
at 04:27
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden smiled at Safia as they heard Morien crash up ahead. He honestly couldn't help but be excited. Here was a chance to show their abilities as a team, in front of a huge crowd.
Mr. Main
 GM, 688 posts
Fri 28 Feb 2014
at 05:27
Re: Festival Day 2
Morien angrily hacks and slashes his way though the undergrowth heading off in a direction his undead minion following behind him... OOC: everyone make perception, knowledge nature or survival checks.  choose one. If you get a 20 or better you are not caught surprised.

Morien whirls his blade and is about to strike a vine when the undergrowth around everyone suddenly springs to life and two large heavy vines lash out. One strikes and then wraps around morien's undead minion the minion takes 14 damage and is grappled the second one swipes at morien Morien if you are surprised the attack will land, deal you 13 damage and you will be grappled. If you are not surprised the attack misses.

For everyone else if you are surprised you are caught in an entangle spell. if you are not then you manage not to be caught by it. Please roll initiative as well.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 446 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 28 Feb 2014
at 05:41
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil was moving along somewhat silently and very nimbly. Morien, however, was a like a bulldog in a china shop. And he seemed angry...was it just about the team not going with his plan or something else? Suddenly everything erupted around them and Dustil barely had time to move out of the way of a spell like one Tamalie would throw up.

22:31, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 29 using 1d20+10. Surprise or not suprise?
22:32, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 15 using 1d20+3. Initiative.

Aden Bero
 player, 516 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 28 Feb 2014
at 06:57
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden had gone from smiling to realizing whatever roared in the distance sounded large and angry.  He knew which direction was north, and the general center of the arena, and was just about to make sure Morien knew where he was going.  And then grass and undergrowth around him springs to life, wrapping and entangling him.

00:46, Today: Aden Bero rolled 11 using 1d20+4. initiative.
00:45, Today: Aden Bero rolled 11 using 1d20+4. perception.

Morien
 player, 388 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 28 Feb 2014
at 11:36
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien's companion crumbled to dust almost instantly as the vines crushed it. Morien's rage seemed to grant him an almost preternatural awareness of his surroundings and he snarled in rage, spreading his arms wide.

 The faint wails around him erupted into a cacophony of screams as the faint faces took physical forms. Spirits and spectres seemed to crawl out from beneath the plates of his armor, flying out in a wave of soul numbing energy in an attempt to wither and kill all life within 30ft of him.

 Morien snarled and the cursed spirits seemed to respond. After travelling to the edge of the 30ft radius, they began to swirl aroung him in a tightening pattern before they were all drawn, clawing and screaming, back into the armor once more. Morien exhaled with a hiss as the last of the spirits was drawn back within the armor.

05:27, Today: Morien rolled 17 using 1d20+2. initiave.
05:29, Today: Morien rolled 22 using 1d20+2. perception.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:37, Fri 28 Feb 2014.

Tamalie
 player, 327 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 1 Mar 2014
at 03:16
Re: Festival Day 2
Moving out of the way quickly, the suddenness of the vines, and growth isn't something she would have thought be used against her, but something she was intending to use on the enemy. But she's not surprised by the wriggling vines, and steps over to avoid them.
Mr. Main
 GM, 689 posts
Sat 1 Mar 2014
at 04:44
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: Aden is entangled -4 dex, -2 all attack rolls, move at half speed, can't run or charge, must make a concentration check dc 15 + spell level inorder to cast spells. everyone else is unaffected and can move normally. please post your actions for the first round. aden and Morien are at the opposite edges of the entangle effect. If you stay in the area of the effect you stand a chance to be effected by it again. I'll roll an attack vs your reflex def to see if it snares you.  Please post your first round actions. combat has begun.
Tamalie
 player, 328 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 1 Mar 2014
at 05:22
Re: Festival Day 2
Tamalie will attempt to back away from the area of entanglement while looking for the source of the cast spell.


23:19, Fri 28 Feb 2014: Tamalie rolled 17 using 1d20+2 ((15)).
Rolled a 17 for intiative.
Aden Bero
 player, 517 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 1 Mar 2014
at 07:08
Re: Festival Day 2
Round 1

Aden shouted, "What is this Tam???"  If it was stationary living foliage, maybe they could just bypass it.  The writhing undergrowth made the terrain difficult to move through as it was, and now he was entangled, slowed to a quarter of his usual speed.  Luckily the oracle could keep pace with Dustil in a foot race, and he was able to step outside the edge of the effect.  He looked for a target with his javelin, hoping Tam or someone could point to the threat.

Ooc: Tam, you can probably make a knowledge nature check to identify our enemy.
Will edit to finish my turn once others act, not sure if I should attack the two thick vines or if something else controls them...guessing latter.

Edit:
Aden hurls his javelin either at the vines, or a better target if he spots one.

If within 30' please add +1 to attack and damage rolls for point blank shot.
22:29, Today: Aden Bero rolled 13 using 1d20+4+2 heat vision. Perception.
22:30, Today: Aden Bero rolled 15(16pb) using 1d20+7. Jav attack, +1 if within 30'.
22:31, Today: Aden Bero rolled 6(7pb) using 1d6+3. Javelin damage, +1 if within 30'.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:27, Wed 05 Mar 2014.

Tamalie
 player, 329 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 1 Mar 2014
at 16:54
Re: Festival Day 2
Wth Aden's question, it prompts the druid that not everyone is familiar with the magic, and she offers, "An entanglement spell has this effect, but the really wild vines doing all the damage is pretty unusual. Look for the caster nearby. Anyone casting has to be able to see where we are."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 449 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 2 Mar 2014
at 17:17
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil didn't hesitate. He wanted to make sure everyone got out of the spell area alright, but survival and stopping the caster was important. So he tumbled and leaped his way out of the area of entanglement, looking for any hostiles as he went.

OOC: Moving out of the spell area. moving to the outside of the area first that he's closest to and then "forward".
Morien
 player, 389 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 3 Mar 2014
at 10:19
Re: Festival Day 2
 The spirits of the dead began to approach uncomfortably close to Dustil and Tamalie as Morien's power threatened to wash over them. Morien screamed in what sounded like agony as the whirling spirits of the condemned stopped just out of arm's length from them, clawing hungrily at them before Morien screamed, dragging them back into himself. He began to stagger further away from the group and out of range of the whirling vines, hacking at the offending plant life with his sword.

04:19, Today: Morien rolled 17 using 1d20+7. attack.
04:19, Today: Morien rolled 7 using 1d20+2. perception (find source).
21:04, Today: Morien rolled 14 using 2d6+4. damage.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:04, Tue 04 Mar 2014.

Mr. Main
 GM, 692 posts
Mon 3 Mar 2014
at 22:21
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: round 1 summary.
Order:
Morien
Tamlie
Dustil
ADen
Safia (?) she's not in the encounter, but if she comse back she can just drop in no trouble.
???


 


Morien shouts in anger and is suddenly surrounded by wailing spirits which quickly disappear as he hacks at the vine that had just missed him. Attack 17 vs vine ac is a hit. Morien let me know how much damage you deal

Tamalie withdraws from the grasping flora and looks about. Trying to find the source of the spell

Dustil also moved out of the clinging plants and then moved forward looking for enemies

Aden also then retreats. He brings his javelin up and is ready to hurl it, but holds trying to find a proper target. Not seeing anything other than the vines attacking morien aden hurls a javelin at the vines just barely clipping it, but it's enough to cause more sap to spill out.

The plant starts dripping a musky ill smelling sap from the wound morien inflicted. Both vines now swipe at him attacks 27(threat of crit. crit confirm 20. Not confirmed) and 14 vs morien ac. 27 hits 14 misses. Damage 9

Morien please roll damage for your attack and aden if you want to throw your javelin you may do so. just edit your last post and I'll edit the summary. everyone who has a perception check they want to roll. roll it and I'll pm you the info.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:30, Sun 09 Mar 2014.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 450 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 4 Mar 2014
at 01:55
Re: Festival Day 2
Sigh.
Aden Bero
 player, 520 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 5 Mar 2014
at 02:27
Re: Festival Day 2
Round 2

Aden continues to look about for a better target.  If nothing present itself, he draws another javelin and hurls it at the vines.  If the vines or target are between 30'-40', he will move to give himself momentum with his throw.
Free/Swift action?: Perception Check
-- 20:21, Today: Aden Bero rolled 9 using 1d20+6. Perception.
Move Action: Draw javelin, maybe while moving at least 10'
-- If best target is beyond 30' but within 40', Aden moves at least 10' to increase javelin range from 30' to 40' (see "strong arm, supple wrist" trait)
Standard Action: Javelin attack vs best target
-- 20:22, Today: Aden Bero rolled 24(25pb) using 1d20+7. Javelin attack, +1 if within 30'.
-- 20:22, Today: Aden Bero rolled 7(8pb) using 1d6+3. Javelin damage, +1 if within 30'.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:30, Thu 06 Mar 2014.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 451 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 7 Mar 2014
at 14:37
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil, one outside the vines area, moves forward into the way they were traveling and looks around to see if he can spot the enemies anywhere.

07:37, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 29 using 1d20+10. Perception.
Morien
 player, 391 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 8 Mar 2014
at 05:37
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien continues a fighting retreat, trying to escape from the vines, cursing Aden's choice of forest as loudly and as obnoxiously as he could.

OOC: trying to get out of range

23:36, Today: Morien rolled 7 using 2d6+4. damage.

23:36, Today: Morien rolled 18 using 1d20+7. attack.
Mr. Main
 GM, 694 posts
Sun 9 Mar 2014
at 14:42
Re: Festival Day 2
Round 2 summary:
Morien
tam: ?
dusil
aden
safia: ?
???


Morien slashes at the vines attack 18 vs vine ac is a hit damage 7 tearing open yet another ragged gash before backing away. Provoking AoO: 22 vs morien's ac. damage 12 OOC: are you just moving away? doing so will provoke an AoO unless you tumble or have some other way to back out without provoking AoOs. you can withdraw instead and not make your attack and not provoke the AoO if you wish.

tamalie stands looking hither and yon.

Dustil stands in place as well looking around you can act if you wish dustil if you decide to I will count this as a delay and place you in the order after aden.

Aden draws and then hurls yet another javelin attack 24 vs ac is a hit damage 7 which strikes one of the vines attacking morien. It falls limb, but the second one drags the first one behind it as it advances trying to follow the fleeing morien. OOC: if morien decides to withdraw instead both vines will be able to make attacks if they come within range to.

OOC: round 2 summary is up. feel free to post round 3 and pm me dustil and Morien if you wish to make changes to your round 2 actions.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 454 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 10 Mar 2014
at 04:34
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil sighed and stepped back towards Morien to help his ally out. He stepped back into the area and kicked out at the vines but kept himself in a somewhat defensive stance.

OOC: Crane Style, Fighting Defensively. And of course, a nat 20 followed by a nat 1 to confirm lol!
22:30, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 25 using 1d20+5. Defensive Unarmed Strike.
22:32, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 6 using 1d20+5. Critical Hit Confirm.
22:33, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 8 using 1d8+3. Unarmed damage.

Morien
 player, 392 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 10 Mar 2014
at 05:20
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien staggers back from the lashing vines, severely wounded by them and does his best to escape.

OOC: getting out of range of the vines as best I can. Going to keep with my previous roll as I can't afford 2 more attacks against me.

HP remaining: 8
Aden Bero
 player, 522 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 11 Mar 2014
at 00:34
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden ran to aid Morien, his path avoiding the area threatened by the vines.  While on the move, he drew another javelin, grit his teeth, and hurled it at the offending flora.  It flew straight, at great speed.

Move Action: Toward Morien, avoid Vines' reach, avoid entangle effect, within 30' of Vines if possible.
-- If best target is beyond 30' but within 40', Aden moves at least 10' to increase javelin range from 30' to 40' (see "strong arm, supple wrist" trait)
Free Action: Draw javelin
Standard Action: Javelin attack vs vine, possible critical
-- 19:21, Today: Aden Bero rolled 27(28pb) using 1d20+7. Javelin attack, +1 if within 30'.
-- 19:21, Today: Aden Bero rolled 16(17pb) using 1d20+7. Javelin crit confirm, +1 if within 30'.
-- 19:22, Today: Aden Bero rolled 5(6pb) using 1d6+3. Javelin damage, +1 if within 30'.
-- 19:22, Today: Aden Bero rolled 7(8pb) using 1d6+3. Critical Javelin damage, +1 if within 30'.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:34, Tue 11 Mar 2014.

Mr. Main
 GM, 696 posts
Tue 11 Mar 2014
at 00:57
Re: Festival Day 2
Between Dustil's Kick and Aden's well flung javelin the last vines  falls to the ground in a heap. It twitches and spasms slightly before finally laying still covered in a stinky sticky sap.
Morien
 player, 393 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 11 Mar 2014
at 08:16
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien grunts and kneels, breathing hard and cursing under his breath. This has not been a particularly good day for him.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 455 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 11 Mar 2014
at 15:08
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil will back up and move over to Morien. "So...we havin' fun yet? An' that was just the WILDLIFE comin' after us! Wait'll we see REAL combat." He grinned widely but stayed out of arm's reach wisely.
Aden Bero
 player, 523 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 12 Mar 2014
at 02:49
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden ran to Morien.  He chanted divine words, and with a gesture conjured an aura of healing that he placed upon his wounded comrade.  He also drew a scroll from a case stitched to his backpack.

19 hp restored to Morien
1 1st level spell and scroll of CLW expended

Cast Cure Light Wounds on Morien
21:43, Today: Aden Bero rolled 12 using 1d8+4. clw Morien.
Draw scroll and cast clw on Morien
21:47, Today: Aden Bero rolled 7 using 1d8+1. scroll clw morien.

Tamalie
 player, 331 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 12 Mar 2014
at 03:11
Re: Festival Day 2
Feeling a little uncertain of what that was, or who caused it, the druid is still certain that someone is out there, ready to cast another spell. Keeping an eye open, she stays away from the area where the vines were most active. Just in case there's more to it, or they can regenerate.

Not wanting to draw too much attention, she doesn't call out, but silently looks around.
Morien
 player, 394 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 12 Mar 2014
at 03:45
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien rose to his feet silently as the healing light suffused into his body. "Well, the mages most certainly outdid themselves with the hostile forest."
Aden Bero
 player, 524 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 12 Mar 2014
at 16:29
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden laughed softly, his visor covered eyes looking about, scanning for additional threats. "Aye, I imagine the others would've frozen to death by now if we'd gone with a blizzard, as strong as these effects have proved to be. Maybe leave the weed-wacking to our enemies from here on out?"

The oracle called to Tam, just loud enough to be heard, "Any idea what that vine was?"

Ooc: Tam, we're really gonna need your knowledge nature and survival skills (I assume you have high points in both) to minimize the resources we expend moving throug this forest. You can always make those checks to identify threats/obstacles, including identifying enemies tied to knowledge nature. That will apply to most, if not all encounters in this forest.

As Aden suggested earlier, we may want to reconsider Morien taking point, considering our surroundings. Tam and Dustil may make a better lead.

Mr. Main
 GM, 697 posts
Sun 16 Mar 2014
at 13:05
Re: Festival Day 2
After looking around carefully Tamalie starts to think that their might not be a caster out there. with the visibility of the forest at only around 40 feet or so It would be real difficult to control the vine and place the an entangle effect while still remaining hidden.

So morien is healed and bit and you guys take a couple rounds to catch your breath what now?
Aden Bero
 player, 525 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 16 Mar 2014
at 15:36
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden continues, "We should move on, and put some distance between us and whatever made that angry roar.  I may not be a druid, but I know large and Hangry when I hear it."  He paused looking at the others, then explained. "Hangry... you know.  Hungry plus angry....  We've all been there."

"Anyways, Tam, Dustil, you guys want point?"
  Aden collected his two javelins, pulling them out of the vines and wiping the sappy goup of their innards on the undergrowth.  One he stowed, the other he kept at the ready.
Tamalie
 player, 333 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 17 Mar 2014
at 02:09
Re: Festival Day 2
Quietly, she looks to Dustil, nodding her head to let him know she's up for the request. She doesn't relish the idea of being first to run into danger, but she's hopeful she'll be able to move quick enough out of the area without being followed as easily back. And she's very confident of her ability to figure out this forest, and which way to head, so that's another advantage in not having to yell directions from the back of the group.

Stepping forward with Dustil, she'll take point for the group, heading around the vine entangled area, and then straight towards the fort.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 457 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 17 Mar 2014
at 14:18
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil thought about it a moment and then gave an acquiescing nod of his head. He moved up to the front and began quietly making his way forward ahead of the others, but not too far ahead of Tamalie. Partially, because he had no idea where he was going.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:19, Mon 17 Mar 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 526 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 17 Mar 2014
at 16:00
Re: Festival Day 2
Realizing Tam was setting off towards the fort, he asked, "We not going to a tower first?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 699 posts
Wed 19 Mar 2014
at 23:34
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: well as you decide where you are going. I'll move this along since they are in the same basic direction. Once again please roll survival or acrobatics checks to avoid getting a speed penalty from moving through the forest terrain. also anyone trying to be stealth please make stealth checks.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 459 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 19 Mar 2014
at 23:51
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil headed out trying to be stealthy without slowing the group down too much, letting Tamalie guide him as quietly as possible.


OOC: We are heading for the nearest tower, angling to come at the target tower but be farthest away from the other tower.

             --------------------XX         <----- Like heading over from this way
              ----------XXXX-------
             ----------XXXX-------
             ----------XXXX-------
             XX-------------------

17:46, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 18 using 1d20+9. Acrobatics check.
17:47, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 13 using 1d20+8. Stealth check.

Aden Bero
 player, 528 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 21 Mar 2014
at 01:14
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden held down his portion of their formation, creeping along stealthfully (or so attempting) and trying to keep pace with the monk and druid.  His usual nimble steps sure weren't helping him much now, though, as thick as the undergrowth of the forest was.

20:12, Today: Aden Bero rolled 14 using 1d20+6. Stealth.
20:12, Today: Aden Bero rolled 3 using 1d20. Survival: Avoid difficult terrain.
20:12, Today: Aden Bero rolled 10 using 1d20+9. Acrobatics: avoid difficult terrain.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:51, Fri 21 Mar 2014.

Morien
 player, 395 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 21 Mar 2014
at 06:21
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien grumbled and cursed under his breath as he trudged heavily through the forest, his heavy footfalls catching on every root, branch, and vine.

01:19, Today: Morien rolled 5 using 1d20+1. survival.

01:19, Today: Morien rolled 11 using 1d20-1. acrobatics.

01:19, Today: Morien rolled 13 using 1d20-2. stealth.
Tamalie
 player, 335 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 22 Mar 2014
at 19:00
Re: Festival Day 2
Continuing her way through the forest growth, Tamalie is still feeling a bit confident about the fact that the forest growth is something she's used to, and not all that frightening. That the opposing group does have what she hopes to be a disadvantage in both terrain, and lack of open field for their archers is something that she is going to depend on since brute strength is not her forte.
Mr. Main
 GM, 700 posts
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 02:06
Re: Festival Day 2
within two minutes Dustil and Tamlie near the edge of the clearing with aden not to far behind. Morien, slowed by his armor and lack of woodcraft, is catching up. He'll be with you in two rounds all of you are going at least double his speed Dustil and tame stay back a little bit in the undergrowth to maintain concealment; you can't really get a clear view of the encampment, but you can hear faintly the voices of men and the sounds of the dogs.

OOC:Stealth checks to hide and perception checks please.
Tamalie
 player, 336 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 02:14
Re: Festival Day 2
Glad to have Dustil with her, the druid looks around to see if she can see the source of the voices. She tries to be as discreet and quiet as she can manage, and gives a finger across her lips signal to Dustil to remain quiet. Her first assumption is if she can hear them, then they will be able to hear her own voice or that of her companions should they speak too loudly.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 461 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 05:28
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil stopped back from Tamalie a bit as he waited for the others to catch up. He looked around a little but mostly waited for Morien since he didn't see or hear anything too interesting yet.

OOC: Sigh. There the dice go again.
23:26, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 10 using 1d20+8. Stealth.
23:26, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 11 using 1d20+10. Perception.

Aden Bero
 player, 529 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 13:12
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden too slowed up, be he waived for Tam and Dustil to come towards him, and he moved to join them.  They needed to discuss strategy quietly, and back off the clearing edge where they might be spotted.

08:11, Today: Aden Bero rolled 18 using 1d20+4. perception.
08:11, Today: Aden Bero rolled 13 using 1d20+6. stealth.

Morien
 player, 396 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 20:46
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien grumbled as he trudged his way through the undergrowth, still far away from the rest of the group.
Mr. Main
 GM, 701 posts
Tue 25 Mar 2014
at 20:44
Re: Festival Day 2
there is no alarm raised or shouts heard so the mercs haven't noticed you just yet. the dense foliage definitely helping to keep you concealed. However it also hinders your view. You can see parts of the cottage and the guard towers but you really can't make anything out unless you move out onto the edge of the clearing where is it much more likely for you to be noticed.

OOC: basically you all are 10+ feet back from the edge of the clearing. one round has passed. You each have one action before morien catches back up. If you want a better look you need to to get a bit closer. this might be a good time to make some last minute plans. Fair warning the longer you take the more likely you are to be detected.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 462 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 25 Mar 2014
at 20:53
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil noticed that they didn't seem to have been noticed yet, but worried that they might be once Morien got closer. He crept forward to take a quick peek and see what was nearby and what cover if any they had to get to the guard tower undetected....or at least un-shot. Then he crept back to his teammates.

14:51, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 19 using 1d20+8. Stealth - taking a peek.
Mr. Main
 GM, 702 posts
Wed 26 Mar 2014
at 11:34
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil slowly and carefully creeps forward to take a peek...
Dustil Kraye
 player, 463 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 26 Mar 2014
at 14:20
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil peered about cautiously but quickly before creeping back to his allies.
Aden Bero
 player, 530 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 28 Mar 2014
at 02:03
Re: Festival Day 2
Reaching Tam and Dustil, Aden suggested in a whisper, "Tam, you'll need to speak in a strong voice when casting your spell for Dustil to spider climb., unless you're trained in casting silently.  So, I think you should both step back off the line a decent ways to cast the spell.  Meanwhile, I'll keep watch for trouble.  Then y'all return to the front, and Dustil can move out to try and secure the tower.  Hopefully silently.  If not, then I can move to the bottom of the tower's ladder, and cast Obscuring Mist to provide cover from the other tower's turret."

"I've been thinking, since I'm a decent shot, instead of Dustil sabotaging the turret, once he secures it, I should climb up and man the crossbow.  I'll cast another Obscuring Mist at the top, so that I can fire from within the cover, and provide support for you guys as you either move on the next turret, or perhaps instead move on the cottage, using its walls as cover from the other turret."

"What do you think?"

Dustil Kraye
 player, 464 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 29 Mar 2014
at 15:08
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil waited for Morien to get closer so he could talk to them all at once in a quiet voice.

"Well, this is gonna be a bit harder than we thought. They ain't patrollin' really anymore. They've gone an' turtled up, protectin' the cottage. Two men are mannin' the guard towers, one at the crossbow an' one guardin' the ladder. They've put up line o'sandbags and stakes in front o'the door with a couple of guards there to."

He paused a moment and then continued. "I think they're...still reelin' from the losses in the previous fight. They haven't replaced the dogs, unless they're inside. They're focused on defense only really."
Morien
 player, 397 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 30 Mar 2014
at 00:59
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien finally catches up to the group. After listening to Dustil, he nodded. "I thought this might be the case. Fortunately, I have a backup plan. The first part of the plan is the same. We need Dustil to disable the towers.

 Tamalie, Aden, I'll need you to take care of the guards outside and the barrier.

 After that, it's my turn. If they've turtled up, then I can soften them up and retreat. Aden, I'll need cover from you and healing from you, Tam. Once the turrets are down and I've weakened them, then we move in to finish the job... also, I could use a cover of mist inside."

Aden Bero
 player, 531 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 1 Apr 2014
at 03:43
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden nods at his companions tactical suggestions.  "Any ideas on how me and Tam take care of the obstacles?  I suppose I could use alchemist's fire and a cone of flames to char the stakes and burn away the bags, though that would still leave the sand....

As for cover, the only way I can lay down mist in the cottage is to be in there.  Tam, did you say you can actually place a cloud of fog wherever you want?  If so, placing it right inside the cottage could be helpful.  Also, me manning a turret under cover of fog, and you casting entangle on the battlefield as the enemy approaches me could be an extremely effective combination.

And Morien, I'm happy to lay down some mist on the field for you to retreat into for healing.  What I want to know is do y'all want me manning a turret, or providing mobile support?"



OOC: How tall are the crossbow towers?  Does Aden need to be proficient with an exotic weapon to effectively use the turrets?  What's the distance between forest cover to towers, and towers to cottage? 

This message was last edited by the player at 03:45, Tue 01 Apr 2014.

Morien
 player, 398 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 2 Apr 2014
at 04:57
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien smirked. "I don't know, can you man them? My big problem with that is what if you're attacked? Unfortunately, it looks like Dustil will need to disable both turrets for us to safely proceed... because there is no wind to make them less effective."
Aden Bero
 player, 532 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 2 Apr 2014
at 19:55
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden smirks back, his words rough but joking, as one might do with a fraternity brother.  "Yeah yeah yeah. Quit your crying about not getting to play with yourself in a blizzard while the rest of us froze to death.  Otherwise your tears are going to freeze your eyes shut.... Unless of course you want me to melt them for you?"

"Not sure about if I can use the turrets, but if I can, surrounded in a cloud of my own fog, I feel sorry for whoever comes climbing up there to get me."
Aden seemed pretty confident in his ability to protect himself.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 466 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 5 Apr 2014
at 23:11
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil frowned as he looked at his teammates. "What spells do you guys an' gals have handy right now? I mean, I can just go for it an' hope for the best...an' at least we won't have t'worry 'bout patrols, but the odds aren't that high with jus' an assault. We need a plan."
Morien
 player, 399 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 6 Apr 2014
at 10:23
Re: Festival Day 2
 "I can summon a few more undead... but I get the sense that they will be of little use in the battle to come. My only other spells are damaging touch spells."
Aden Bero
 player, 537 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 6 Apr 2014
at 18:57
Re: Festival Day 2
"In addition to my mist, I can project a 15' cone of flame, or a 10' radius radius spread of noise that does some damage, but can stun those in the effect radius.  It could be good for me to cast that on the interior before we rush in.  One of you could also throw my flash bomb at the same time I cast the Sound Burst, to better increase the chance that our opponents are stunned when we move in."

"As for the spikes and sandbags guarding the entrance, I don't know the best way to deal with those.  We could all chuck vials of alchemist's fire.  I also have oil to increase the effect of any flames, whether from vial or spell."

Tamalie
 player, 337 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 9 Apr 2014
at 04:12
Re: Festival Day 2
Speaking quietly, Tamalie offers, "The usual stuff, Flare, Obscuring mist, Entangle, Jump, Spider Climb, Fog Cloud, and Stone Call and Storm Burst. Not too much offensive, I usually depend on my summoning animals for that. If I were to cast Jump and Spiderclimb on Dustil, he might make short work of those on the tower."

While talking to the group, Tamalie looks past them, wary to watch out for their enemies.
Aden Bero
 player, 539 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 9 Apr 2014
at 12:01
Re: Festival Day 2
"Morien's undead and Tam's stone call could really slow our enemy down.  Tam, do you have any control over where you're lightning lands? One of those bolts could destroy the spikes and sandbags guarding the entrance."
Tamalie
 player, 338 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 9 Apr 2014
at 12:41
Re: Festival Day 2
Her eyes open wide as soon as Aden mentions that spell used in that way. A bit animated, her hands start moving as she talks quickly, "That's a good idea, but I could probably cast it inside the cabin just as easily. It might be effective to fill both levels of the fort."

She's so excited at thinking that's effective in that manner, she looks ready to start moving on to cast it.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 468 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 9 Apr 2014
at 14:06
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil listened. He wasn't a spellcaster so he wasn't going to try and tell them how to use their spells. It sounded like it might work. He gave a nod. "So. I take out the tower while you two take out the door fortification and Morien.....then charges in? Is that our plan?"
Morien
 player, 400 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 10 Apr 2014
at 09:09
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien nods. "More or less. I doubt the magical strength I have remaining could summon a servant strong enough to slow down an enemy at all.

 If Tamalie has any area spells, it would be good if she could cast them as we approach and hit as many foes with them as possible. My power can be used for a little over half a minute continuously... and while I am sure the full duration would kill all of them, the issue becomes survival during the interim.

 Aden, do you have any spells hot enough to blast or burn open a hole in the sandbags?"

Aden Bero
 player, 541 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 11 Apr 2014
at 02:28
Re: Festival Day 2
"I just might.  Burning Hands might burn them away.  And any Black Swords foolish enough to step towards my flames.  So, here's a summary of what I think we're saying... or at least what I'm thinking."

Aden proceeds to summarize their battleplans as follows, wanting his allies to fill in the holes or make corrections.

(Directions assume we are at the southern edge of the clearing, and the cottage is north of our position)

                                 tower

                     cottage

           tower

                                 ^
                               North
  move here  < < <   us now

1.  Group moves west within the forest, so that when they emerge, they will move north-east towards the 1st tower, their path drawing a line from tower, to cottage, and on to 2nd tower if they were to continue.  This will mean that both the 1st tower and the cottage provide significant cover from the 2nd tower.

2.  Tam will cast spider-climb and jump on Dustil.  The monk will advance on and take the 1st tower.  If deemed appropriate, Aden can advance and cast obscuring mist half-way between clearing and tower, to provide party with cover in between.  It would probably be better if Tam instead cast fog cloud on the turret, so that the shooter can't see anything.  Dustil can then approach without being shot at, and secure the tower without anyone shooting up at him.

3.  Aden, Tam, and Morien advance on cottage, moving towards the southwest corner (assuming door is on southern side, in between southwest and southeast corner).  The cottage hopefully prevents tower 2 from firing on them.  Dustil disables turret, and joins.

4.  Aden, from southwest corner of cottage, casts Obscuring Mist, so that party will have cover of fog to move towards entrances.  This will provide cover from windows.

5.  Morien and/or Dustil advance within mist, and pours Aden's oil pints on stakes and sand bags.  This will allow them to burn after Aden casts burning hands on them.

6.  Tam casting Stone Call on interior at this time, since it will only last 3-4 rounds, could be good, as it will damage enemies within, and give temporary difficult terrain, making it harder for them to move around within, or exit and attack us.  However, Tam will need line of sight to cast Stone Call on the interior.  Aden's mist could block this, and if she emerges from mist, she may take damage.  Perhaps Morien or Dustil standing in front of her to provide cover while she casts spell?

7.  Once stakes and sandbags are cleared, Aden casts sound burst on interior, and Dustil throws Aden's flash bomb.  The combination hopefully stuns most of the enemies.  Morien rushes in and unleashes his spirits.

8.  Party does their best to kick ass and find the compass, which for all we know is on a guard running around somewhere in the forest, nowhere near the cottage.

yay, nay, or suggestions?
Dustil Kraye
 player, 469 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 11 Apr 2014
at 02:40
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil will make one correction. "Don't know that you need t'waste spells on protectin' me when I go after the tower. If I don't have t'use my hands t'climb, I doubt they can shoot fast enough t'make it a problem fer me. Only if I've multiple people shootin' at me does it possibly become a problem. An' I'm not too bad at bein' defensive." OOC: Deflect Arrows 1/round.

He pulled out his wand. "Also, I need someone t'cast the Mage Armor spell on me again please fer this."
Aden Bero
 player, 542 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 11 Apr 2014
at 02:43
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden nods, "Aye, I can use your wand.  When Tam casts her first spell on you, since that's when they're most likely to hear us anyways."

+9 use magic device, not sure if anyone has better?
Morien
 player, 401 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 12 Apr 2014
at 08:35
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien nods. "That sounds like a suitable plan to me. If you wish, you can cast your cloud on the inside of the cottage. I do not need line of sight to use my power."
Aden Bero
 player, 543 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 12 Apr 2014
at 14:09
Re: Festival Day 2
"Only if I'm in the cottage. Unlike Tam's Fog Cloud, Obscuring Mist is centered on my location."
Mr. Main
 GM, 708 posts
Sat 12 Apr 2014
at 20:46
Re: Festival Day 2
Just then you hear a loud roar. The same roar you heard before. And it came from close by, in the direction you had just come from. Whatever it was has been following you and now has caught up...

OOC: ok everyone initiative. tamalie can take two action since she noticed this thing before the rest of you. The rest of you have a turn before it's upon you. Good luck!
Morien
 player, 402 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 13 Apr 2014
at 11:25
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien cursed under his breath and shot Aden yet another venomous look. "Let's go! We can lure this thing out and into the soldiers, make them fight it instead of us!"

06:22, Today: Morien rolled 11 using 1d20+2. initiave

OOC: going to hold my action to see if everyone goes along with the plan (as opposed to giving up our advantage and fighting the thing within sight of the cottage where they can shoot at us)
Dustil Kraye
 player, 472 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 13 Apr 2014
at 14:50
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil let out a long sigh. They had the worst luck sometimes. He really would have liked to have Spider Climb and Mage Armor cast on him but he wasn't sure that was really going to be an option now.

08:49, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 15 using 1d20+3. Initiative.
Aden Bero
 player, 545 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 13 Apr 2014
at 15:09
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden has a javelin drawn, and his buckler at the ready.  He attempts to use Dustil's wand on the monk, no longer concerned with keeping quiet.  When he flourishes the wand at Dustil, nothing happens however.  He grits his teeth and replies, "Or Tam could cast entangle in the creatures direction, and we could high tail it westward to our planned point of attack."

Aden would follow the lead of the others, but if they went into the open from here, both towers and the men inside the cottage would all be able to fire at them.  That sounded like suicide.  If however, they could make it to the southwest corner of the clearing and move from there, they'd probably only have to worry about taking fire from the southwest tower to start.

Standard: Use Magic Device, Dustil's wand, fails, no charge used.
Move: Move with the others, depending on what they decide.
10:00, Today: Aden Bero rolled 12 using 1d20+9. UMD Dustil's wand.
09:59, Today: Aden Bero rolled 7 using 1d20+4. Initiative.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:09, Sun 13 Apr 2014.

Mr. Main
 GM, 711 posts
Thu 17 Apr 2014
at 01:40
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: Round 1 summary
INit
????
dustil
Morien
Aden
tam

tam get's 2 action because she noticed it before you guys did technically. but she goes last since no initiative for her was rolled.


You can hear the creature quickly closing the distance and then suddenly it finally comes into view crashing through the under growth. A hideous beast. A bear like body topped with an owl's head. it has alrge and sharp looking claws. It is quite large, easily towering over all of you. It lets out an ear piercing warbling shriek of a roar. It's wide red rimmed eyes that roll about seemingly trying to look in every direction at once. OOC: It is at the edge of your vision in the forest. So 40 feet from you. you are directly between it and the cottage.

Dustil sighs and then takes up a fighting stance... OOC: not sure if you intended to do anything else. assuming you are fighting defensively since that's your thing.

Morien Curses under his breath as he glares at aden "Let's go! We can lure this thing out and into the soldiers, make them fight it instead of us!" he too also stands his ground waiting for the others to move.

Aden waves dustil's wand about. then shakes it angrily before finally shrugging. use magic device attempt fail   " or tam could cast entangle and we could high tail it westward to our planned point of attack." Aden comments as he stands about waiting for the others to move.

tam quickly reaches out and slap dustil on the shoulder while mumbling some words of power. before turning towards the creature and muttering more what sounds like an elvish curse. suddenly plants start snaking out trying to wrap themselves around the mad creature. attack 17 vs reflex is a hit. the creature seems even more enraged and flails about trying to get free.

ok round 1 is up please post round two.
Aden Bero
 player, 546 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 17 Apr 2014
at 02:54
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden moved to within 40' of the enraged creature.  Still beyond the edge of the entanglement and lining up a clear shot, he hurled his javelin.
Morien
 player, 403 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 17 Apr 2014
at 07:33
Re: Festival Day 2
"I swear, I don't think it is possible for you to have any weaker grasp of tactics! Draw it to the enemies! Don't attack it yourself! We need to get it in the door! You're coming too... otherwise, it'll eat you! C'mon Dustil!"

 Morien makes a move for the cottage, hoping that the others follow suit.
Aden Bero
 player, 547 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 17 Apr 2014
at 15:32
Re: Festival Day 2
Ooc: again, for the record, I think charging out into the open where we are pinned between the fire of two repeating turrets and a cottage full of mercenaries that probably have ranged weapons, and an angry owl bear, is the weakest tactic possible.

Mr. Main:
there is about 30 feet from the edge of the clearing to each tower. right now you guys are more or less lined straight up for the front door. Meaning if you pop out into the clearing both towers can see and fire at you.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:14, Thu 17 Apr 2014.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 475 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 17 Apr 2014
at 19:01
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil quietly hissed at Morien and Aden. "Stop bein' assholes t'each other,  an' Morien don't be stupid. NO, we ain't gonna run out towards the house. We move t'where we can only be seen by ONE tower like the plan we came up with. I can take the tower if ya'll think you can handle this beast by yerselves?"
Morien
 player, 404 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 17 Apr 2014
at 22:19
Re: Festival Day 2
 OOC: looking back at my previous post, I realize that it didn't come out like I meant for it to.

 Morien grumbled under his breath and gripped his sword in both hands. "Well, since we're already neck deep in stupidity, might as well dive in all the way."

 Morien moves to take up a position between the creature and the rest of the group and intones a spell.


OOC: casting frostbite
18:08, Today: Morien rolled 100 using 1d100. spell failure.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:09, Thu 17 Apr 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 548 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 18 Apr 2014
at 00:25
Re: Festival Day 2
"It's better to deal with the beast together. Try and keep it in Tam's spell." Aden himself had moved to just outside the entanglement effect, to give his javelin enough range.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:26, Fri 18 Apr 2014.

Tamalie
 player, 339 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 19 Apr 2014
at 01:07
Re: Festival Day 2
Moving in, Tamalie knows the creature is smart enough to understand, but not smart enough to be considered part of the enemy forces. She generally doesn't fear animal life, though an Owlbear is a bit more than the natural wildlife that's much easier to change their inclination. Still, she thinks it's possible.

"Give me a chance. I think I can get it to calm down."


Tamalie uses her wild empathy ability.

ooc-Sorry all for the lack of communication from me. Keeping busy with work, and volunteering.
Aden Bero
 player, 549 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 19 Apr 2014
at 13:00
Re: Festival Day 2
Ooc: Can I delay ranged attack (but keep my rolls :) ) until we see if tam is successful with wild empathy?
Dustil Kraye
 player, 476 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 19 Apr 2014
at 16:33
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil holds off on combating the animal or going to the spot to get to the tower. He waits until he sees if he is needed to help take down the animal first.
Mr. Main
 GM, 713 posts
Mon 21 Apr 2014
at 22:01
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: round 2: summary

Creature
Dustil
Morien
?????
Aden
Tamalie



the creature roars with rage and breaks free of the plants that have wrapped around it and then it advances forward fighting it's way through the plants. It just barely manages to get out of the area of the spell.

Dustil backs off a bit and waits to see where he is needed before acting.

Morien moves forward "Well, since we're already neck deep in stupidity, might as well dive in all the way." he then tries to cast a spell...

Just then you hear the leaves rustle. Several small black objects fall through the leaves hit the ground and roll a bit before coming to a stop. perception checks to know how many and their locations. you do notice that there are at least two near your group.

Aden lines up a throw but holds off... Delaying until after tam

tamalie moves forward to try and sooth the beast Wild empathy attempt 17 is a fail. and soon learns that there is no chance. the creature is far gone. Maybe it was suddenly being dragged out of it's territory and placed in this magically created forest that it doesn't know or perhaps it's just rabid. Whatever the case the creature now only knows hate and blood-lust.

After tamalie takes a step back overwhelmed by the creatures desire for violence. Aden tosses his javelin at it. Attack roll 25 is a hit. damage 6 the wooden point pierces the beast's hide on it's chest. It starts to bleed and it roars with rage.

Initiative for next round will be: this is more of a note for me

Dustil
Creature
Morien
?????
tamalie
Aden


This message was last edited by the GM at 23:26, Mon 21 Apr 2014.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 477 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 21 Apr 2014
at 22:15
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil let out a sigh as he watches and the creature was unswayed by Tamalie. He knew he would be swayed by her, but this thing was too stupid apparently. His head cocked to the side as a bunch of little black things fell, but he didn't have much time to devote to them. He moved forward towards the creature, launching a kick at it even as he curled his body up in a defensive posture, but like was very common for him he missed.

16:06, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 13 using 1d20+10. Perception - small black things.
16:14, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 7 using 1d20+5. Defensive attack on creature.

Tamalie
 player, 340 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Tue 22 Apr 2014
at 03:52
Re: Festival Day 2
"This isn't working. I don't see why we are fighting it though, let's lead it right up to the cabin. Let them waste as much time as us on it."

She tries to keep sight on the fallen objects, but they are such a blur, and her focus is on the big brute of a beast that can snap her like a twig. She backs away from the owlbear, hoping the others will try and lure it towards the cabin or tower.
Morien
 player, 405 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 22 Apr 2014
at 06:57
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien advances, blade coated in frost, as he swings in a heavy downward arc. The creature's thrashing turns what would have been a vital hit into something far less lethal. However, the wound is deep and leaves crystals of frozen blood lining the wound.

 "Yeah, that was my thought too... but too little too late at this point."

01:53, Today: Morien rolled 26 using 1d20+7. attack, frostbite + breezing blade.
01:53, Today: Morien rolled 10 using 1d20+7. crit confirm.
01:54, Today: Morien rolled 11 using 2d6+4. weapon damage.
01:54, Today: Morien rolled 5 using 1d6+3. frostbite (subdual).
01:55, Today: Morien rolled 5 using 1d6+3. freezing blade (lethal).

EDIT: frostbite and freezing blade should each be 1d6+4 instead of 1d6+3 so I dealt an extra 1 point of lethal and 1 point of subdual cold damage.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:59, Tue 22 Apr 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 550 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 23 Apr 2014
at 17:46
Re: Festival Day 2
Tamalie:
"This isn't working. I don't see why we are fighting it though, let's lead it right up to the cabin. Let them waste as much time as us on it."


Aden grunted in reply, "Because it's better to be eaten than shot with bolts and then eaten! Please help!" There was no time to re-explain why that was an extremely risky tactic  with unlikely success and deadly consequences. They should all be taking action to put this beast down and get away from whatever these black objects were.

Aden's immediate guess was some type of explosive mine. He did his best to track where they all landed before making his next move.

12:23, Today: Aden Bero rolled 15 using 1d20+4. Perception, tracking objects

If Aden's perception check leaves him certain no black objects will be in burning hand blast, then Aden will move so that only owlbear takes burning hands blast.

12:29, Today: Aden Bero rolled 11 using 4d4+1. If no black objects, burning hands damage.
12:27, Today: Aden Bero rolled 12 using 1d20+9. If no black objects, burning hands vs reflex.

If he is doubtful of black object positioning an not hitting one with burning hands, he will instead draw another javelin and hurl it at the owlbear.

12:33, Today: Aden Bero rolled 5 using 1d6+4. If black objects, javelin damage point blank.
12:32, Today: Aden Bero rolled 23 using 1d20+8. If black objects, javelin attack point blank shot.
Mr. Main
 GM, 714 posts
Thu 24 Apr 2014
at 23:49
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: round 3 summary.

Dustil
Creature
Morien
?????
Tamalie
Aden


Dustil bobs and weaves heavily while also twisting his body to better dodge the creatures attacks. He then tries to land a kick, but his own bobing and weaving combined with the creatures movements make his attack go wide.

the creature all but flails itself wildly at dustil. 2 claw attacks vs dustil ac miss. bite is a hit. Damage: 6 It's first massive and razor sharp claw misses by a wide margin, but dustil can feel the wind of the second as it flies past. It then leans over and with it's massive beak manages to tear a small chunk of flesh out of the monk's shoulder.

Morien then moves in, his sword raised high, and then brings it crashing down onto the beasts flank; gouging a large rend in it's hide. However it's blood doesn't start to flow out of the wound until a few seconds later. It is thick, black and oozes out slowly at first. but soon becomes a more steady and normal flow. OOC: just taking a little license with the frost damage morien dealt

"Yeah, that was my thought too... but too little too late at this point."

Just then there is a series oh quick and small explosions that rock the area around you. bombs 1 and 2 blow up with dustil, morien and the creature in range. one bomb blows up with tam in range and another blows up with aden in range.

from bomb 1 dustil morien and the creature take: 1 point of pierce, 3 points of bludge and 1 point of fire damage. if any of you have evasion you take no damage.

from bomb 2 dustil takes: 2 pierce, 3 bludge and 2 fire

while Morien and the creature both take: 5 pierce, 2 bludge and 4 fire.

from bomb 3 Tamalie takes:  2 pierce, 3 bludge and 2 fire. if you have evasion you take 0.

from bomb 4 Aden takes: 2 pierce, 1 bludge and 3 fire. if you have evasion you take 0.

remember to apply and resistances or DR you might have.


Tamalie backs away from the creature... "This isn't working. I don't see why we are fighting it though, let's lead it right up to the cabin. Let them waste as much time as us on it."

Aden advances and joins Morien and Dustil in harassing the creature. But instead of attacking it with a weapon he unleashes a blast of fire aimed upward. The creature quickly ducks, avoiding most of the flames. attack 12 vs reflex is a miss. creature takes half damage However the creature is obviously starting to succumb to all it's wounds.

please post actions for round 3. Also perception check everyone.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:50, Thu 24 Apr 2014.

Morien
 player, 406 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 25 Apr 2014
at 05:10
Re: Festival Day 2
 The bombs rattle Morien, catching him off guard and leaving him battered and beaten. However, he is fully aware that, whatever happens, they will need to defeat this creature before they can really DO anything.


00:00, Today: Morien rolled 8 using 1d6+4. frostbite. (Subdual)

00:00, Today: Morien rolled 13 using 2d6+4. damage.

00:00, Today: Morien rolled 16 using 1d20+7. SB Tech 2.

00:00, Today: Morien rolled 13 using 1d20+7. SB Tech 1.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 479 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 25 Apr 2014
at 15:16
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil's face went sour in pain as the creature managed to bite him with its seemingly-wild flailing. His grimace at missing turned into a look of shock as bombs exploded but then finally into a small tight grin as he was able to dodge the force of them. He tried to redouble his efforts to help bring the creature down. And fast!

OOC: AC 22.
Defensive Flurry.
09:13, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 30 using 1d20+10. Perception check.
09:15, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 23,16 using d20+4,d20+4. Defensive flurry.
09:16, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 12,5 using d8+4,d8+4. Flurry damage if they hit.

Tamalie
 player, 342 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 26 Apr 2014
at 01:17
Re: Festival Day 2
The bombs are a lot unexpected, and the druid is certain the Owlbear didn't toss them this way. "There's got to be someone else hidden around here. Those things couldn't have been thrown too far, the person who threw them must be close."

She tries to cast her own magic, targeting the creature that is the most obvious, as it looks like Morien and Dustil intend to take it down right here, and not let it chase them to the cabin. Summoning up her own little storm cloud, she causes wind and rain to buffet the Owlbear with as much force as she can.

Storm Burst domain power.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classe...mains/weather-domain
Aden Bero
 player, 551 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 27 Apr 2014
at 15:37
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden flinches as the concussion and sharp debris of the blast hit him, but he doesn't fear the flames, the fire washing over him harmlessly.  The oracle takes a 5-step back, so that he is 10 feet from the owlbear, and draws his javelin, hurling it towards the beast.

10:36, Today: Aden Bero rolled 24 using 1d20+8. javelin attack, point blank.
10:36, Today: Aden Bero rolled 8 using 1d6+4. javelin damage, point blank.


Or, if his companions first drop the beast, then he will cast Cure Light Wounds on whichever companion (Morien/Dustil) is the most wounded.

10:41, Today: Aden Bero rolled 6 using 1d8+4. if owlbear down, cure light wounds on ally.

-3 HP.  Current 33/36

This message was last edited by the player at 17:03, Sun 27 Apr 2014.

Mr. Main
 GM, 715 posts
Sun 27 Apr 2014
at 20:17
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: round 4 summary
Dustil
creature
Morien
?????
tamalie
Aden




Dustil let's loose a quick succession of attacks attacks 23 and 16 vs creature ac are a hit. damage 12, and 5 Both of which strike true. the creature staggers, lets out one last shriek and then crumbles to the ground. Dustil attention however is elsewhere. He doesn't even glance at the creature as it falls.

Morien takes his great sword and with a powerful slash severs the creatures head to make sure it won't bother them any more OOC: taking a little license hope you don't mind.

two more explosions occur. however this time no one is caught in the blasts.

Aden walks over and casts a healing spell on I think Morien currently has the lowest hp. so morien would heal for 6 if aden wishes to cat cure light wounds on him.

"There's got to be someone else hidden around here. Those things couldn't have been thrown too far, the person who threw them must be close." tamalie comments as she looks about but her search quickly ends. She ends up staring at the same place Dustil is.
Morien
 player, 407 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 28 Apr 2014
at 04:27
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien swings his sword once to flick away any dripping blood from the blade and then allows himself to be healed (at 22 hp now), before looking in the same direction as Dustil and Tamalie.

23:27, Today: Morien rolled 16 using 1d20+2. perception.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 480 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 28 Apr 2014
at 13:38
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil will leap up to the tree and scramble up the side of it towards where the leaves had been disturbed by the thrown bombs.

OOC: 07:49, Today: Secret Roll: Dustil Kraye rolled 20 using 1d20+16. Climb check.
07:49, Today: Secret Roll: Dustil Kraye rolled 16 using 1d20+10. Perception again if necessary.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:50, Tue 29 Apr 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 552 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 28 Apr 2014
at 17:13
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden does indeed heal Morien.

Aden looks around, trying to figure what the heck his companions are staring at.  He figured the bombs had been launched from the top of the cottage or something.  "What are y'all looking at?  We should double-time it to the south-west corner of the clearing.  They've honed in on this spot."

12:12, Today: Aden Bero rolled 12 using 1d20+4. Perception.

Current HP: 33/36

This message was last edited by the player at 17:15, Mon 28 Apr 2014.

Mr. Main
 GM, 716 posts
Wed 30 Apr 2014
at 21:58
Re: Festival Day 2
Morien quickly sees what Dustil is fixed on as the monk climbs the tree with supernatural speed. It takes aden until dustil is on the limb in question before he notices it as well. the tree and one near by it have been set aflame and the fire is spreading quickly. so quickly in fact that dustil almost leaps into the flames as he climbs up the tree. attack 21 vs dustil reflex defense is a hit dustil takes 1 fire damage (lucky)

OOC: the fire, which was two separate five foot squares, has increased in size and is now one 30 foot blob of fire. and dustil is now up in a burning tree with the flames figuratively licking his face.
Morien
 player, 408 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 1 May 2014
at 00:16
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien growls and curses loudly, waving for the group to follow him toward the side of the cottage and away from the fire.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 482 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 1 May 2014
at 01:49
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: Does Dustil see the bomber once he is up there?
Aden Bero
 player, 555 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 1 May 2014
at 03:16
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden casts Create Water on a flaming area adjacent to Dustil.  He says loudly enough for only his companions, "Stick to the plan Morien.  Stay within the woods and head to the southwest corner."  Aden believed they could outpace the flames if they didn't linger. He would wait for his companion to come down out of the trees, and then follow his own advice, moving westward.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:20, Thu 01 May 2014.

Mr. Main
 GM, 717 posts
Thu 1 May 2014
at 04:04
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: there is no bomber in sight.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 483 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 1 May 2014
at 13:39
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil frowned, unhappy with this situation. He stayed in the trees and began heading where they were supposed to be going...but keeping an eye out for flame-throwing ass.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:40, Thu 01 May 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 556 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 1 May 2014
at 13:51
Re: Festival Day 2
Seeing Dustil's intent to stay in the treetops, Aden will move towards the southwest corner of the clearing by ground, remaining in the cover of the forest
Morien
 player, 409 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 2 May 2014
at 02:41
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien remains in the cover of the trees, making his way over to the side of the cottage with all due haste.
Mr. Main
 GM, 718 posts
Sun 4 May 2014
at 02:50
Re: Festival Day 2
the fire quickly spreads. the mostly green leaves of the trees create a large billowing plume of thick gray choking smoke that stings your eyes as you move away. you can feel it's oppressive heat on your back.

OOC: it will take most of you three turns (Morien will take 4 unless he tries to run in which case he would need to make an acrobatics or a survival check dc 13 to avoid tripping.) to get to circle around to the other side of the clearing while staying in cover.
Aden Bero
 player, 557 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 5 May 2014
at 23:51
Re: Festival Day 2
If possible to do so and keep pace on the way, Aden will continue attempting to use Dustil's wand to cast Mage Armor on the monk.  Aden will encourage Tam to cast whatever spell she hasn't yet cast on Dustil (jump or spider-climb, obviously not the looooovvee spell).

18:46, Today: Aden Bero rolled 28 using 1d20+9. use magic device wand mage armor dustil.

-1 charge from Dustil's wand.


When they arrive and Dustil is buffed, Aden encourages him to charge the tower and take out the turret.  The group will follow behind when necessary/appropriate.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 484 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 6 May 2014
at 01:19
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil will leap down to the group to travel with them, not straying far though he could move faster if he wanted to. The forest had proven annoying and dangerous already, however, so he didn't take the chance. Also, the guards were alerted to them coming by the stupid creature's roars.
Mr. Main
 GM, 720 posts
Sat 10 May 2014
at 14:42
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC:using the wand or casting any spell is a standard action. So if you delay your own arrival by a round you can cast a spell. you'll need to make a concentration check to do so while the threat of the fire and the choking smoke distracts you. stopping to cast would mean that all of you reach the other side of the cabin at the same time however.


the fire spreads quickly. soon on the other side of the encampment is an inferno. you can see and hear various creature panicking in the background as the fires rage. large dark grey plumes of smoke billow out into the sky and a choking haze permeates everywhere. the lot of you stop on the side of the clearing and wait. Whatever plans you may have made you don't have long to enact them.  the forest created for this game is small and at the rate the fire is spreading it won't take long for the encampment to be surrounded by blazing ring of flames.
Morien
 player, 410 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 11 May 2014
at 06:00
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien motions for Dustil to go ahead and charge the tower while he tries to judge the rate of the spread of the fire. He will try to delay the assault until he has reached the top of the tower at the very least. However, he is not fond of smoke or fire, so he will begin the assault early if the presence of the smoke or fire becomes too much to handle.
Aden Bero
 player, 559 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 12 May 2014
at 23:35
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden does use Mage Armor wand on Dustil on the way to staging point. He returns the wand to the monk.

Aden, like Morien, will wait until either Dustil secures the turret, or the fire is endanger of trapping or burning them, whichever comes first.  He will then rush the tower and then fortress.

He stores his javelin, and draws his crossbow, which he will fire at the turret man, when Dustil makes his move.

He tells the others, in regards to storming the fortress, what he thinks the best order is.

1.  Aden casts Sound Burst on interior.  Dustil throw's Aden's flash bomb at a different spot in the interior, to maximize potential stun coverage.

2.  Morien then moves in and unleashes his spirits.

3.  Tam supports with spells or summons.

This all takes place AFTER they deal with the obstacles blocking the entrance.
Mr. Main
 GM, 722 posts
Sun 18 May 2014
at 19:48
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: will update later tonight. you guys will be waiting two rounds and then moving in. Dustil please post how you plan on approaching the tower.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 487 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 19 May 2014
at 05:58
Re: Festival Day 2
Unless he gets to within sight of the tower and he sees a way to stealthily approach, he will double move action each round to move to the tower and then up the side of it to where the crossbowmen/guards are, deflecting if they successfully shoot him (priority to deflecting the larger mounted crossbow if both hit).
Mr. Main
 GM, 723 posts
Wed 21 May 2014
at 03:51
Re: Festival Day 2
sorry about the delay. not only did I get busy with work, but I also had to rethink the merc's deployment cause fire very definitely changes things.

round 1 summary
Dustil
Guards


As you wait you can feel the heat of the flames from where you are crouched. the hazy smoke stings your eyes and starts to fill your lungs attack vs groups fort defense 3. the smoke has yet to effect any of you. every couple of rounds I'm going to roll again. the haze is annoying but has yet to become thick enough on this side to block vision.

Dustil then moves forth from the side of the clearing. He is able to clear much of the distance without being noticed immediately due to the fire, but soon a cry goes out several crossbow bolts fly out at him. three attacks from the turret. 18, 8 and 9. four more from various guards. 13, 18, 17 and 7. all miss.

Dustil reaches the tower and starts to climb up it's side, but only makes it part of the way up.

Aden and morien please post your actions now> I'm saying you delayed until after dustil went.
Morien
 player, 412 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 21 May 2014
at 08:07
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien holds up his hand in the wait signal. Dustil needed to clear the top of the tower before they made their move or all of their preparation would be wasted.
Aden Bero
 player, 561 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 23 May 2014
at 00:34
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden takes a shot at the mercenary on the turret, and then quickly reloads the crossbow.

19:33, Today: Aden Bero rolled 16 using 1d20+8. crossbow attack.
19:33, Today: Aden Bero rolled 2 using 1d8. crossbow damage.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 488 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 23 May 2014
at 14:44
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil kept going up the side of the tower, not as fast as he could because that would leave him far too open to attack. But he didn't bother to try and shoot the crossbow as it would slow him down. Instead, he kept moving upwards.
Mr. Main
 GM, 724 posts
Sat 24 May 2014
at 15:03
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: round 2 summary

Dustil

<orange>OOC: from the end of last round
Aden's bolt sticks into the side of the guard tower.

 And Dustil continues his climb up. He reaches the railing tries to pull himself over it and onto the guard tower.

 The guard manning the gun rushes forward and tries to knock dustil off. bull rush vs dustil cmd is a miss. but the young monk's grip is strong and he doesn't even budge. The other guard moves forward to man the turret training it on the area of forest dustil came out of.  the remaining guards reload their crossbows and wait.

Morien waits patiently in the undergrowth for dustil to take care of the guard tower.

Aden fires a hell of a shot. It strikes the crossbow turret one of the tower guards was manning. If he had not been behind the device it surely would have pierced his chest.

tamalie moves forward a bit and the chants something in a strange tongue. suddenly a small dust devil of rocks, pebbles and dust surround the cottage and then fly off in many different directions. shattering the windows, pelting the guards and leaving debris all over. the gaurds in and around the cottage take 6 points of damage and now around and inside the cottage is difficult terrain.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:47, Wed 28 May 2014.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 489 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 25 May 2014
at 15:19
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil wanted to make sure his friends would be okay, as much as he was able anyway. So he hopped over the railing and rolled a bit. When he got to his feet he was within striking distance of both crossbowmen. He lashed a fist out at the one manning the large tower-mounted weapon, forgetting to be more defensive like he usually was.

09:14, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 21 using 1d20+9. Acrobatics - moving inbetween guards.
09:17, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 18 using 1d20+7. Unarmed strike vs crossbowman.
09:19, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 4 using 1d8+3. Unarmed damage if attack hits.

Morien
 player, 413 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 25 May 2014
at 18:58
Re: Festival Day 2
 Now that dustil was within range, Morien broke cover, brandishing his blade. He moved toward the tower wall, trying to get beneath it and gain some cover from the other warriors with crossbows.

OOC: trying to move to cover between the tower and crossbow mercs.
Aden Bero
 player, 562 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 27 May 2014
at 01:35
Re: Festival Day 2
Round 2

Aden fires his crossbow and swiftly loads another bolt.
20:30, Today: Aden Bero rolled 23 using 1d20+8. Crossbow attack.
20:30, Today: Aden Bero rolled 6 using 1d8. Crossbow damage.


Round 3

Aden breaks cover with Morien, moving to where the turret tower gives him cover.  If he can also take a shot at any apparent guards, he will do so.

Moves to tower (double move?)
If not double move, then possible crossbow attack,
20:33, Today: Aden Bero rolled 9 using 1d20+8. Round 3 if standard allowed crossbow attack.

Mr. Main
 GM, 725 posts
Thu 29 May 2014
at 00:10
Re: Festival Day 2
round 2 update.

OOC: round 3 summary
Dustil
Guards
Morien
Aden
Tamalie.


the forest fire continues to rage and spread and even more smoke diffuses into the clearing stinging the eyes and making it harder to breath. everyone except dustil and tamlie start coughing occasionally. no vision hindrance yet due to smoke, but starting next round. everyone ecept dustil and tam will start taking a -1 to skill checks and attack rolls.

Dustil fluidly weaves and rolls his way past the guard by the rail and ends up standing next to both him and the guard manning the turret. Dustil quickly punches him in the back of the head. attack 18 vs ac is a hit. damage 4

The guard manning the turret releases it and instead draws a short sword. He stabs out at dustil atttack 24 vs dustil ac is a hit. threat of crit. crit not confirmed. Damage 4 and pierces the monks side.

the other guard moves up, drawing a battle axe as he closes, so that he and his partner flank dustil and attacks. attack 11 vs dustil ac is a miss But his swing goes wide.

as morien comes out of concealment the 4 guards with crossbows all fire at him. But the bolts are easily deflected by the warriors armor. after after missing two reload while the other two move forward and draw swords and shields. one with a greataxe moves out from behind the sand bags and over to the two with swords and shields.

ADen moves out of concealment and rushes over to the guard tower. hoping to use it as cover against the other guards.

tamalie joins aden and morien at the gaurd tower.

OOC: now that all of you are out of concealment you get a better view of the area. you ca see two guards still armed with crossbows. one inside the cabin shooting out of the now broken window. and one behind the sand bags. there are two other guards behind the sand bags standing in front of the door. they have tower shields and short spears. there are two guards on the tower fighting dustil and three gaurds outside of the sand bags moving towards the guard tower.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 490 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 29 May 2014
at 01:20
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil winced but only slightly as he was stabbed. At least he was in position, he thought, even as the guards moved to flank him. He crouched a bit and swayed back and forth like a drunken monkey guarding its meager valuable banana. He swung out at the first guard twice more in a flurry of unpredictable moves...too unpredictable however as they both missed.

OOC: Okay, now that I'm in melee, fighting defensively lol. AC is now 26.
19:20, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 6,10 using d20+4,d20+4. Defensive Flurry on same Guard.

Mr. Main
 GM, 727 posts
Thu 29 May 2014
at 20:11
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: rough diagram

A=Aden
T=Tamalie
G=Guard
M=Morien
D=Dustil
W=Window (with a gaurd shooting from it.)
E=door/entry
------------------------------
--------------------------------AT
------------------------------XGX---M
------------------------------XDX-
------------------------------XGX-
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
---------------------------------
---------------------------------
---------------------------------
---------------------------------
-------------------------------
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
-XXXXXXXX---------------------
-XXXXXXXX---------------------
-WXXXXXXW----G--G-------------
-XXXXXXXX------G--------------
SXXXEXXXXS--------------------
S--G-G--GS---------------------
SS------SS---------------------
-SSSSSSSS----------------------


Morien
 player, 415 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 30 May 2014
at 04:28
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien grumbled to himself as he stepped back around to a point where the guards with crossbows couldn't shoot him. However, as he moved, shadows enveloped him, making him more difficult to hit.

 "Aden, Tamalie, do you have any more area of effect spells? I need to be closer but I have no desire to be shot full of holes before I reach my target."

OOC: Child of Shadow stance

This message was last edited by the player at 04:29, Fri 30 May 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 566 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 31 May 2014
at 19:29
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: We were south of the cottage, looking north at the entry. we swung around to the southwest, to take a north-easterly approach.  On your map, the entrance and sandbags should be on "top" of the cottage, so that we can approach and use the cottage as cover from the other tower-turret.

Aden replies, "Obscuring mist, burning hands, or sound burst." Unless Morien comes up with a different idea, Aden will wait until the 3 approaching guards are within 10', clustered together, and cast sound burst so that they are hopefully stunned. Morien can then move into melee and take advantage of their stunned state.

Edit: Or, if guards instead rush Morien, Aden will wait until they are within 5' of him, and then cast sound burst. He will target so that they are caught in the blast but Morien isn't.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:26, Sun 01 June 2014.

Mr. Main
 GM, 733 posts
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 21:34
Re: Festival Day 2
Round 4 summary
Dustil
Guards
Morien
Aden
Tamalie

A=Aden
T=Tamalie
G=Guard
M=Morien
D=Dustil
W=Window (with a gaurd shooting from it.)
E=door/entry
------------------------------
------------------------------M-AT
------------------------------XGX---
------------------------------XDX-
------------------------------XGX-
-----------------G--------------
--------------------------------
--------------------G------------
------------------------------G--
---------------------------------
---------------------------------
-------------------------------
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
-XXXXXXXX---------------------
-XXXXXXXX---------------------
-WXXXXXXW---------------------
-XXXXXXXX---------------------
SXXXEXXXXS--------------------
S--G-G--GS---------------------
SS------SS---------------------
-SSSSSSSS----------------------


Dustil lets off a quick series of attacks, but misses with both of them. The two guards fighting him both miss as well however.

the three advancing guards split up. One of the two with sword and shield moves over towards one side as the other two continue to move forward.

OOC: aden they are still out of range of sound burst. they are about a double move away from you. you could move and then do a sound burst and get the two advancing forward in the burst. Also aden and morien just a reminder that the smoke is effecting you (and just about all the guards) giving you a -1 on attack rolls and skill checks. it's causing both of you to have a hacking cough every now and then.

Waiting on update from aden.

Morien moves forward to join tamalie and aden at the "back" of the guard tower.

tamalie raises her hands and lets out a shrill call. suddenly from the sky an eagle dives down and starts clawing at the guard who moved off on his own. two claws and bite 9, 20 and 6 vs gaurd ac. 20 is a hit. damage 4. the gaurd manages to get his shield between him and the screaming bird of prey, but not before it manages to scratch shoulder causing it to bleed.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:56, Sun 01 June 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 569 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 21:45
Re: Festival Day 2
Are we exposed to fire from anyone beside the window guard if we move from behind the tower?
Aden Bero
 player, 570 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 22:57
Re: Festival Day 2
Edited and posted below.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:21, Tue 03 June 2014.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 494 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 2 Jun 2014
at 05:22
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil continues the assault, spinning around to try and land a kick on the guard this time, followed by a backfist.

23:20, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 18,12 using d20+4,d20+4. Defensive Flurry on same Guard again.
23:21, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 9 using 1d8+4. Damage on guard if 18 hits.

Morien
 player, 417 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 3 Jun 2014
at 03:58
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien takes a deep breath. "Take care and try to keep out of the area of my attack."

 He then bursts forth, keeping his side to the tower and moves out toward the three soldiers as far as his heavily armored gate will take him. Shadows swirl around his body as he moves, making it harder for the archers to strike him.

OOC: Child of Shadow stance active.

 He grins wickedly as he drives the blade of his sword roughly an inch into the ground. Spectral images begin to crawl out from beneath the plates of his armor, screeching as they take flight, swirling around him in a maelstrom of death, reaching and clawing at all living things in the area.

22:56, Today: Morien rolled 4 using 2d6. neg energy damage. (DC 15 Will Half)

OOC: going to give Aden and Tam a warning and then wait for them to move before I do this to give them the opportunity to get out of the 30ft radius.
Aden Bero
 player, 572 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 3 Jun 2014
at 22:06
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden will not move to where window and sandbag crossbows can target him.  But if Tam lays down fogcloud per Aden's suggestion, then he will move out of Morien's blast and, if possible, to where he has line of sight and spell range on two guards and cast soundburst.  Perhaps he can get off to the side by the cottage with his 40' of movement.

If Tam doesn't lay down fogcloud, Aden will move out of Morien's blast, but to where the tower still provides cover from window and sandbags crossbows.  If he has line of sight on two guards and spell range on two guards, he will cast sound burst.

Worst case, Aden will move out of Morien's blast and take a crossbow shot at one of two guards approaching Morien.


Moving away from Morien, Aden calls out, "Tam, center a fog cloud so it blocks the window and sandbags."

Move: As described above depending on tactical situation, movement, and spell limitations.
Standard: Sound burst or crossbow

-1 adjustment for smoke inhalation included.
12:19, Today: Secret Roll: Aden Bero rolled 3 using 1d8. damage on guard 1.
12:18, Today: Secret Roll: Aden Bero rolled 21 using 1d20+8. sound burst vs fort guard 1.

12:19, Today: Secret Roll: Aden Bero rolled 1 using 1d8. damage on guard 2.
12:18, Today: Secret Roll: Aden Bero rolled 20 using 1d20+8. sound burst vs fort - guard 2.

17:18, Today: Aden Bero rolled 13 using 1d20+7. worst case crossbow -1 smoke no pointblank.
17:18, Today: Aden Bero rolled 2 using 1d8. worst case crossbow damage.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:21, Tue 03 June 2014.

Mr. Main
 GM, 740 posts
Wed 4 Jun 2014
at 03:58
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC round 5 summary
Dustil
Guards
Morien
Tamalie
Aden

A=Aden
T=Tamalie
G=Guard
M=Morien
D=Dustil
W=Window (with a gaurd shooting from it.)
E=door/entry
H=hawk/eagle
---------------------------M----AT
--------------------------G-------
----------------------------G-XGXG--
------------------------------XDX-
------------------------------XGX-
-------------------------------H--
--------------------------------
---------------------------------
---------------------------------
---------------------------------
---------------------------------
-------------------------------
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
-XXXXXXXX---------------------
-XXXXXXXX---------------------
-WXXXXXXW---------------------
-XXXXXXXX---------------------
SXXXEXXXXS--------------------
S--G-G--GS---------------------
SS------SS---------------------
-SSSSSSSS----------------------






Dustil lands a solid kick on the guard in front of him attacls 18 and 12 on guard. 18 hit, 12 misses. damage 9 The guard grunts and just barely manages to keep his wind. He and his partner both attack dustil. attacks 10 and 15 vs dustil ac both miss. but can't get past the combination of the monks evasive movements and the field of magical force around him.

the guard being harrassed by the eagle ignores it and rushes hawk AoO 16 is a miss he then moves around the tower and rushes tamalie. and thrusts his longsword out at her and run's her trhough. the end of his sword protruding from her back and blood oozes out from both her stomache and back  making a small clumpy little puddle of mud at her feet. attack 25 threat of crit. confrimation 25 crit confirmed. damage 15 He pulls the blade out as the young druid screams. Tears stream down her face as she presses her hands against her wounds; trying to staunch the flow of blood.

the other two guards don't seem to be able to move as quickly. they close the distance but don't quite get within striking distance.

the two guards with crossbows hold their fire and the other two guards in front of the remain standing in place steadfastly defending it.

Morien Moves forward and meets the enemy face to face. As he does so faint and disturbing ghostly whispers can be heard and the hairs on the backs of everyone's necks raise slightly. waiting on morien to roll for his fear attack vs will defense. As he closes a foul black miasma like haze emits from his hands and seems to be channeled down his blade. The heavily armored creepy warrior slashes at the gaurd with the great axe Attack 17 vs ac is a hit. damage 17 can tears a rent down the center of the main's chain shirt. his blood splatters a bit covering morien's armor and sword as still ore pours out of the gash in the guard's chest. Tamlie suddenly sighs a little just afterwards. martial spirit heals tam for 2 hp. also you go before tam does so the obscuring mist isn't up just yet.

Tamlie meanwhile takes a quick step back and chants to herself in an odd sounding tongue none of you can identify. suddenly a deep mist appears surrounding her and obscuring her features. the Mist soon drifts out and envelops not only the group and the guards, but also the base of the tower. instead of casting fog cloud tam cast obscuring mist on herself. she did take a pretty big hit after all. she would be bloodied if this was 4th edition.

meanwhile the eagle tam summoned changes targets and flies up to the top of the tower and attacks the guard Dustil had just kicked. attack 15 vs guard ac is a miss

Aden steps back next to tam. taking advantage of the concealment obscuring mist has provided. He can see clearing out of it while the enemy can't see in. he then says a quick prayer to flame and a suden burst of sound echoes through the arena. the two guards morien is fighting stagger. the clamor seeming to disrupt their senses.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:28, Thu 05 June 2014.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 499 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 4 Jun 2014
at 04:15
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil noticed the guard he had been focusing on was distracted a bit by the arrival of an eagle. He heard a scream from below but for the moment he couldn't focus on it. He couldn't be sure, but he thought it might have been Tamalie. He had to tamp that thought down. His team was counting on him to take down the guards up here. He couldn't just run off and try to save Tamalie, if she was really in trouble. He took out his frustrations on the guard in front of him, however, by landing a solid punch to the man's face, even though he missed with his initial kick.

22:12, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 17,10 using d20+6,d20+6. Flanking defensive flurry.
22:13, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 12 using 1d8+4. Damage on guard.

Morien
 player, 418 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 4 Jun 2014
at 05:47
Re: Festival Day 2
Current Turn
-------------

 Morien Growls, releasing the power he had kept pent up inside. Faces take shape in the fog and the whispers and faint screams make the obscuring mist all the more frightening (Fear Aura: DC 15).

 Morien's blade begins to pulse with crimson energy as the same shadowy energy that normally coats his hand envelops his blade. Morien takes a step forward, raising his sword high in a mighty downward strike.


OOC: Using Charnel Strike, Fear Aura, and Martial Spirit.
00:39, Today: Morien rolled 17 using 1d20+7. Attack.
00:39, Today: Morien rolled 10 using 2d6+4. damage.
00:40, Today: Morien rolled 7 using 1d8+1. charnel strike.
23:27, Today: Morien rolled 10 using 1d20+5.
23:27, Today: Morien rolled 16 using 1d20+5. fear aura.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Morien follows up his downward slash with a step forward, wrenching sideways and striking upwards with all the strength he could muster in a diagonal upward slash. Like before, his blade is wreathed in the essence of death.


00:45, Today: Morien rolled 21 using 1d20+7. attack (next round).
00:45, Today: Morien rolled 11 using 2d6+4. damage.
00:46, Today: Morien rolled 6 using 1d8+1. charnel strike.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:27, Thu 05 June 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 575 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 4 Jun 2014
at 22:58
Re: Festival Day 2
Move action: stow crossbow
Standard: sounds burst on 2 guards, as before.
Misc: 5' step if necessary to avoid AoO when casting sound burst.
Aden Bero
 player, 576 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 5 Jun 2014
at 04:57
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: Since guards all take their turn at once, it might be easier to post actions if DM would post for Dustil and Guards, then let Morien, Tam, and Aden post for current round, and Dustil his turn for next round.  Then DM updates guards, and we repeat.  Doing so might create less need for editing actions.

Round 6
With his crossbow in his off-hand, Aden draw a javelin and hurls it at the guard that stabbed Tam.

Misc: 5' step away from any adjacent guards
Move Action: Draw javelin
Standard: Throw javelin at guard that attacked Tam. Within mist, +2 bonus to attack vs. guard flat-footed AC. -1 to attack included for smoke inhalation, offsetting +1 for point-blank.
23:54, Today: Aden Bero rolled 24 using 1d20+9. javelin vs flat footed ac - mist point blank smoke.
23:53, Today: Aden Bero rolled 5 using 1d6+4. javelin point blank damage.


Contingent: If multiple guards end up in range of burning hands, Aden will instead cast that if he doesn't threaten an ally.

Mr. Main
 GM, 743 posts
Fri 6 Jun 2014
at 04:56
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC round 6 summary
Dustil
Guards
Morien
Tamalie
Aden

Normally this isn't a problem. but several of these turns had 'reactionary" actions posted. plus tam got criticaled so I figured you might want to have modified your intended course since the guards do go before you. I'm trying to avoid personally having to make multiple posts per round. which was one reason I decided to do the round summaries instead of having everyone post in initiative order. the other reason being it allows you guys to post at your leisure instead of having to wait for others before you can post actions.

A=Aden
T=Tamalie
G=Guard
M=Morien
D=Dustil
W=Window (with a gaurd shooting from it.)
E=door/entry
H=hawk/eagle
---------------------------M----AT----
--------------------------------------G
----------------------------G-XGX---
------------------------------XDX-
------------------------------XXX-
-------------------------------H--
--------------------------------
---------------------------------
---------------------------------
---------------------------------
---------------------------------
-------------------------------
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
-XXXXXXXX---------------------
-XXXXXXXX---------------------
-WXXXXXXW---------------------
-XXXXXXXX---------------------
SXXXEXXXXS--------------------
S--G-G--GS---------------------
SS------SS---------------------
-SSSSSSSS---------------------- 


With a powerful punch dustil shatters the jaw of the guard infront of him. The man's teeth burst forth from his mouth in a spray of blood. They hit the wooden deck of the tower with a light clatter and then bounce away in several differnt direction. The man himself follows his teeth to the floor and lays sprawled amidst his own blood and teeth.

the other guard on the tower attack dustil, but the monk sways out of the path of the man's axe. the two guards near morien stare blankly out in front of themselves. their minds seemingly elsewhere at the moment. they look like they are about to regain their senses. when morien steps forward and cleaves the one he already wounded in half. purposefully aiming for the rent in the guard's chainmail and the gaping gnash gushing blood. The other guard regain's his senses just after his friend's blood splatters all over him. adding to his confusion, but soon that leads to resolve. the gaurd who wounded tamalie unable to see clearly backs out of the mist and circles around to the side a bit.

Tamalie stays hidden in the cloud of mist and chants softly to herself once more in the strange language. she heals herself for 6. with all the healing morien has done to her she now is at almost full hp again. the eagle flies past dustil and moves to engage the other guard. but his claws fail to pierce the man's armor.

Aden hurls a javelin at the guard outside of the mist. piercing the mans side.

The guard by the window and the sandbags hold their fire. Not wanting to accidently shoot their allies. and the two guards with tower shields continue to remain at their posts by the door.

OOc please post round 7

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:57, Fri 06 June 2014.

Morien
 player, 420 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 6 Jun 2014
at 06:36
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien snarls, stepping forward with blade at the ready. He lunges at the guard who's resolve had hardened, his blade once more wreathed in dark energy. This time, it is wreathed in frost as well.

 However, his aim was off this time.

01:34, Today: Morien rolled 11 using 1d20+7. charnel strike.
01:35, Today: Morien rolled 10 using 2d6+4. damage.
01:35, Today: Morien rolled 10 using 1d6+4. freezing blade.
01:35, Today: Morien rolled 2 using 1d8+1. charnel.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 500 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 6 Jun 2014
at 14:19
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil tried not to, but he flinched slightly when he saw what his fist did to the guard he was fighting. Yes, they were technically enemies who were attempting to kill him...but they were just hired to do a job - they weren't monsters or even necessarily evil. He sighed slightly as he stepped to one side of the remaining guard to allow the eagle to flank once more if it desired to, before swinging out with foot and fist again.

OOC: 2 hits, no crit at AC 24 and 22 for 15 damage total.

08:14, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 24,22 using d20+4,d20+4. Defensive flurry on new guard.
08:15, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 5 using 1d20+4. Critical confirm on guard.
08:18, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 8 using 1d20+4. HP reroll for crit confirm.
08:18, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 8,7 using d8+4,d8+4. Flurry damage on 2nd guard.

Aden Bero
 player, 578 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 6 Jun 2014
at 17:43
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden draws another javelin, hurling it towards the now back-stepping guard that had assaulted Tamalie.

Move: Draw Javelin
Standard: Javelin attack

12:41, Today: Aden Bero rolled 28 using 1d20+9. javelin vs flat footed ac - mist point blank smoke.
12:41, Today: Aden Bero rolled 8 using 1d6+4. javelin point blank damage.

Mr. Main
 GM, 744 posts
Sat 7 Jun 2014
at 12:13
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC round 7 summary
Dustil
Guards
Morien
Tamalie
Aden

A=Aden
T=Tamalie
G=Guard
M=Morien
D=Dustil
W=Window (with a guard shooting from it.)
E=door/entry
H=hawk/eagle
---------------------------M----AT----
---------------------------G-----------
------------------------------XGX---
------------------------------XDX-
------------------------------XXX-
--------------------------------G-
--------------------------------
---------------------------------
---------------------------------
---------------------------------
---------------------------------
-------------------------------
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
-XXXXXXXX---------------------
-XXXXXXXX---------------------
-WXXXXXXW---------------------
-XXXXXXXX---------------------
SXXXEXXXXS--------------------
S--G-G--GS---------------------
SS------SS---------------------
-SSSSSSSS---------------------- 


The forest fire continues to rage and consume the forest. The smoke starts to get really intense. the edge of the clearing nearest the fire is totally engulfed in thick black smoke that is impossible to see through. That's the opposite side of the clearing from you guys. It also makes it harder to breathe yet again. Though everyone fighting seems to shrug it off..

Dustil attacks with blinding speed attacks 24 and 22 vs ac hit. damage 15 clobbers the guard up top with a powerful one two combo. He reels a bit, but stays on his feet. that guard lowers his axe. "this game ain't worth getting killed for. a job's a job, but this is crazy. If you leave me be and let me help my friend whose dying over there I'll not get in your way anymore.

Meanwhile the guard on the ground who just witnessed morien cut his friend in half yells and charges the heavily armored warrior. 21 vs morien's ac is a hit damage 6 The momentum of his charge helps him to pierce morien's armor.

The other guard waits for movement from within the mist.

the guards in front of the doors continue their vigil and the crossbowmen hold their fire once more.

Morien slashes at the guard who just wounded him 11 vs guard ac is a miss But the man sidesteps avoiding morien's strike.

Tamalie waits in the mist cloud unable to see what's going on outside of it and the eagle attacks the man in front of him  in a flurry of feathers, beak and talons one last time attacks 8, 19, and 10 vs guard ac. 8 and 10 miss 19 hits. damage 1 before flying off.

Aden hurls yet another javelin 28 vs guard ac is a hit damage 8 and it also finds it's mark. that guard then backs away from the mist retreating to the other side of the guard tower to use it as cover.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:18, Sat 07 June 2014.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 504 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 7 Jun 2014
at 16:07
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil eyed the man for a second and then nodded. "If ya break yer word I'll kill ya, but I don't wanna kill ya if I don't have to. See t'yer friend an' stay down."

He then hopped over the railing on the guard tower and moved quickly down the side of it, dropping the last bit of distance down to the ground, flipping around in a spinkick towards the guard still threatening his friends.

10:51, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 28 using 1d20+9. Acrobatics Death From Above.
13:16, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 24 using 1d20+15. Death from above Superkungfu HeroPoint attack.
13:17, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 7 using 1d8+3. Damage for death from above.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:18, Sat 07 June 2014.

Morien
 player, 421 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 8 Jun 2014
at 08:33
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien snarls, stepping into the strike as bloodlust begins to consume him. Instead of striking with his sword, he reaches out at his target with his hand wreathed in crimson darkness. His hand seems to be in two places at once as he attempts to grab his foe.

03:29, Today: Morien rolled 2 using 1d6. cold if both hit.

03:28, Today: Morien rolled 3 using 1d8+1. charnel touch.

03:28, Today: Morien rolled 23 using 1d20+6. shadow blade 2.

03:28, Today: Morien rolled 17 using 1d20+6. shadow blade 1.
Aden Bero
 player, 579 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 8 Jun 2014
at 16:14
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden will draw another javelin and move to a position where he can attack either Morien's (1st choice) or Dustil's opponent, whichever is still standing.

Move: Draw javelin while moving to position, ideally with cover from crossbowmen, that allows Aden to javelin attack whichever opponent is still standing.  Will move to position, ideally, where target does not have cover from Aden's allies.
Standard: Javelin attack point blank

11:12, Today: Aden Bero rolled 20 (18 if not within mist) using 1d20+9. javelin vs flat footed ac (regular AC if not in mist) - mist point blank smoke.
11:12, Today: Aden Bero rolled 5 using 1d6+4. javelin point blank damage.

Mr. Main
 GM, 748 posts
Sun 8 Jun 2014
at 17:47
Re: Festival Day 2
Round 8

Dustil
Guards
Morien
Tamalie
Aden

A=Aden
T=Tamalie
G=Guard
M=Morien
D=Dustil
W=Window (with a guard shooting from it.)
E=door/entry
H=hawk/eagle
----------------------------T---------
---------------------------M----A-----
---------------------------G----------
------------------------------XXX---
------------------------------XXX-
------------------------------XXX-
-------------------------------D--
--------------------------------
---------------------------------
---------------------------------
---------------------------------
---------------------------------
-------------------------------
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
-XXXXXXXX---------------------
-XXXXXXXX---------------------
-WXXXXXXW---------------------
-XXXXXXXX---------------------
SXXXEXXXXS--------------------
S--G-G--GS---------------------
SS------SS---------------------
-SSSSSSSS----------------------



Dustil turns his back "If ya break yer word I'll kill ya, but I don't wanna kill ya if I don't have to. See t'yer friend an' stay down." He monk replies just before he vaults the railing, runs down the side of the tower kicks off it's side and initiates an impressive spinning flip kick acrobatics check 28 sucessful. attack 24 vs guard ac is a hit. damage 7 that catches the man in the back of his head dropping him.

The last remaining guard slashes at morien attack 6 vs morien ac is a miss but misses horribly. The others guards continue to hold their fire and remain vigilant.

Morien reaches out with shadow covered hand that seems to split into two, attempting to slap the remaining guard with the dark energy shrouding them. attacks 17 and 23 vs gaurd ac. 17 misses. 23 hits. guard takes 3 damage.

 Tamalie steps out of the mist and gestures emphatically at the guard fighting morien and hurls what looks like a tiny storm cloud at the man . ranged touch attack 2 vs guard is a miss. but it flies right past him and dissipates.

Aden draws another javelin and hurls it at the guard ranged attack 20 vs ac is a hit. damage 5 once more his javelin manages to find it's mark.

"Alright enough of this bullshit. I'm tired of watching my guys get hurt. We can keep this up and let me tell you this time no judge is going to stop us. We'll fight until all of you or all of us are dead. Which ever way it goes, some of you will die. Or you can choose someone to fight me. If you win you can have the trinket. If you loose you forfeit. Deal?"

"Don't take him lightly he's tough. He is second in command of the black swords after all." Tamalie comments.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:49, Sun 08 June 2014.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 507 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 8 Jun 2014
at 18:31
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil looked around and then shrugged, talking quietly to comrades not shouting to the second-in-command guy. "So. One on one or we keep fightin'. I think there's a chance he'll keep his word but whaddya guys think? I'm willin' t'step up if we want."

He was pretty sure Morien would volunteer himself since he seemed to think more highly of himself than he did Dustil, but he waited to see.
Aden Bero
 player, 581 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 9 Jun 2014
at 03:20
Re: Festival Day 2
"I think you're both capable of winning, and a trinket seems a silly thing for people to die over. But can we trust them?"
Morien
 player, 422 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 9 Jun 2014
at 07:05
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien was about ready to strike at the guard yet again, but as the man shouted, he paused. "I will agree to your terms, provided that you allow our champion to be healed, that we may begin the fight on even footing."

 Assuming the other guards back off, Morien takes a deep breath. "Dustil, I know you have been itching for a fight since I took your place in the combat round yesterday... If you wish it, I will give you this fight."

 He then turns to Aden. "For their sakes, let us hope we can."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 509 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 9 Jun 2014
at 13:32
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil looked surprised, jaw dropped open, and then grinned at Morien. "Well, I gotta say, I'm surprised. I figgered you'd brush me aside again." He chuckled and shrugged. "Honestly, I don't care much who does it, so long as we win. I'm up for it, though." His voice held fierce determination in it.

He hesitated before answering the trust issue. "Well, I don't know 'bout all o'them, but at least one in the tower was willin' t'surrender t'save his friend from dyin'. That seems more on the level then some we've fought, yah?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 751 posts
Mon 9 Jun 2014
at 22:28
Re: Festival Day 2
"Sure. I ain't worried. but any shenanigans during the duel all bets are off.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:46, Tue 10 June 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 582 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 9 Jun 2014
at 23:25
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden nods after the exchange. "How bad are your wounds, Dustil?" He's ready to provide the necessary healing to get his friend ready for the duel. "Also, I have some spells on scrolls that could help, shield of faith, magic weapon, and/or bless. Want me to cast any on you before the fight?  Each will only last a minute, and I can only cast one at a time, though perhaps Morien and Tam can also use the scrolls?"

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/...ls/s/shield-of-faith
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/...pells/m/magic-weapon
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/bless
Morien
 player, 425 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 10 Jun 2014
at 01:57
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien leaned up against the tower. "I'm not sure magical buffs will be allowed in the duel. After all, it's meant to be a fair fight."

 He then turned to Dustil. "I am more of a tactician than a warrior. In a one on one duel, you are the superior fighter."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 511 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 10 Jun 2014
at 04:02
Re: Festival Day 2
"What? To hell with that! Spell me up! I doubt he'll be un-spelled an' likely a magic weapon t'boot!" He let out a small chuckle. "I don't care. Spells or no spells, I'll fight hard!"

He showed the wounded area to the Oracle. "I'm lightly injured, Aden."

OOC: Down 6 hit points.
Aden Bero
 player, 586 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 10 Jun 2014
at 16:43
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden cures Dustil, and digs out his scrolls to cast on Dustil just before the fight. He will cast in following order, or whichever order Dustil specifies: shield of faith, bless, magic weapon

11:41, Today: Aden Bero rolled 7 using 1d8+4. CLW on dustil.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 515 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 10 Jun 2014
at 17:31
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil will 'limber up' while Aden (and whoever) is casting spells, as if getting ready for the fight - in case, the guy says anything about the spell-casting. As the last spell is being cast on to him, he will call out to the mercenaries.

"OKAY! WE'VE CHOSEN. I'LL BE THE ONE FIGHIIN' YOU, SO LET'S DO THIS!"

He then walks forward quickly.
Mr. Main
 GM, 755 posts
Tue 10 Jun 2014
at 20:49
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: just so that we are clear. what buffs are on dustil?

The door to the cottage opens and an impressively sized half steps out. He needs to bend down fit out of the door. He is at least 7 maybe as much as 8 feet tall and is practically a wall of muscle. He is wearing heavy black and grey breast plate that is well maintained but has been through some serious battles because of all the large dents dinks and the occasional rend which has been repaired. Around his right Eye is a tattoo or a large black circle. The half-orc is currently wielding a bastard sword. thogh on his person you can see several daggers, a morning star, a couple javelins, a large grey wooden shield and a small sword of some type. hard to tell what it is while sheathed. OOC: Whoever the worlds largest body builder is. this guy makes them look small.

He walks towards dustil and stops about 20 feet away. He adopts an aggressive two handed stance.

OOC: roll initiative dustil. turgen's was 17. If you beat his go first.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 516 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 10 Jun 2014
at 21:05
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil looked over the impressive half-orc with a critical eye. "Got a name? I like t'know who I'm fightin'. I'm Dustil Kraye." He gave the man a bow of respect, as if about to spar with one of the monks back at the monastery. He then settled into a defensive stance before things got started.

OOC: Full defensive to start with, then switching to Fighting Defensively.
15:04, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 10 using 1d20+3. Initiative.

Mr. Main
 GM, 756 posts
Tue 10 Jun 2014
at 21:42
Re: Festival Day 2
"Turgen" and as the half orc says his name he pounces. Moving forward towards you with impressive speed for a man his size wearing armor.

WAAAGH! Heh couldn't resist Turgen screams as he bears down upon you with an attack that is nothing less that pure unbridled savagery and immense ferocity. Attack 29 vs dustil's ac is a... Not sure. What buffs do you have on you currently and what is your total AC right now?. If it hits dustil will take 33 damage. it was so powerful in fact that he could not stop his blades momentum after the attack and it carried on through into the ground; tearing a rend into the sand two feet long three inches wide and at least several inches deep.

 however all that power obviously came with a price. He had to throw caution to the wind and focus on making the most powerful swing possible. It's like the idea of keeping his balance so he could try and evade your attacks didn't even come to mind. maybe he was hoping to end it with one blow and cut you in half. Or maybe he didn't think you could hurt him.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 518 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 10 Jun 2014
at 22:11
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil barely moved out of the way of the powerful swing. He wanted to take a measure of his opponent before attacking...and he got an eyeful! Full of power. He doubted his foe would continue such heavy attacks but it was possible.

Dustil eased back on his defensive stance a bit and sent out a couple of attacks to test the man's defenses, but shored his defenses mystically.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:42, Tue 10 June 2014.

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 5 posts
Tue 10 Jun 2014
at 22:39
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 336):

Drazgar sits in the crowd and watches.
Mr. Main
 GM, 757 posts
Tue 10 Jun 2014
at 23:37
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil felt his attacks land; both clean solid blows. strong enough even to knock most men out instantly. Turgen however doesn't even seem to notice. No grunts, winces, flinching, gasps, not any sort of sign that he was hurt at all. It was like punching a brick wall. As Turgen recovers he exhales slowly, regaining his composure. Gone is the intense feral Ferocity and savagery bordering on madness. He eyes you a bit. The killing intent is palpable, but this time it's focused and calculating and perhaps even more dangerous in a way. Dodge this! He shouts as he swiftly swings his sword in a quick wide arc; one that was especially hard to avoid. It was like he knew which way you were going to try and weave and anticipated it in his attack. attack 27 vs dustil's touch ac. damage 20
Aden Bero
 player, 588 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 10 Jun 2014
at 23:39
Re: Festival Day 2
Mr. Main:
OOC: just so that we are clear. what buffs are on dustil?


Changing the order, 1st) Bless, 2nd) Shield of Faith, 3rd) Magic Weapon, cast one per round.
Aden Bero
 player, 589 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 10 Jun 2014
at 23:52
Re: Festival Day 2
@Dustil, shield of faith provides a +2 deflection bonus, which ups all your armor classes, regular, touch, and flat-footed.

And I'm sure you know, but having 3 or more ranks in acrobatics gives you a +3 on fight defensively instead of +2.  Just wanna be sure you're getting every bit of your AC against this scary ass brute.

And for our game of thrones fans, if you happen to stick a spear through his chest, finish the job.  Standing over scary big dudes that you think you've beaten is bad for your head.


Aden grimaces as this hulking half-orc strikes with deadly strength again and again at his nimble-footed friend.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:54, Tue 10 June 2014.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 519 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 11 Jun 2014
at 01:52
Re: Festival Day 2
The half-orc told him to dodge this, so Dustil obliged. "As you wish."

Despite the smug words, the weapon once again barely missed Dustil as he spun to the side to avoid the weapon. Using the momentum from the spin, Dustil whipped a backfist around at the half-orc and then another spin to kick as well before spinning away a bit. His movements appeared to be unorthodox and uneven and unbalanced, much like a drunken person.
Morien
 player, 426 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 11 Jun 2014
at 02:10
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien watched the fight intensely. There was something different about this warrior's fighting. He was glad that he hadn't chosen to fight Turgen himself. That first strike would have finished him instantly. "Dustil, do not give him time to refocus his abilities. He will run out of them soon if you can hold on and then you will have the advantage if you can keep him from refocusing."
Mr. Main
 GM, 758 posts
Wed 11 Jun 2014
at 02:37
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil lands the back fist, but the follow attack whiffs.

"You're one slippery bastard." Turgen comments as he shifts his grip on his sword and draws his shield. "this is gonna take a while".

This time instead of slashing he attacks with a surprisingly swift and long thrust aimed at dustil's chest. attack 32 vs dustil ac is a hit. no crit. damage 17

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:14, Wed 11 June 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 591 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 11 Jun 2014
at 03:05
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden tensed. He half expected Dustil to drop as his opponent thrust that wicked sword forward.  The oracle made sure to be within 40' of his friend, so that he could rush forward and heal him if need be.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 521 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 11 Jun 2014
at 03:19
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil let out a teeth-clenched gasp as the sword sliced deeply into his chest. He staggered back a step but still wanted to do his best for his team. So he used the momentum of falling backwards to flip two kicks into the half-orc's chin as he tumbled backwards into a defensive crouch a few feet away, but it was a losing battle he feared. He began to feel terrible that he might lose this battle for his team.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 6 posts
Wed 11 Jun 2014
at 05:17
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 345):

Drazgar watches from the distance.
Mr. Main
 GM, 760 posts
Wed 11 Jun 2014
at 20:41
Re: Festival Day 2
Turgen twists out of the way of the first, but because he was still recovering his balance from the lunging thrust he had just made, the second hit. He smirks and takes a 5 ft step back and does a little flourish with his bastard sword. 

"I can eat yer punches and kicks all day, but it looks like I only need ta wing ya once more ta put ya down. Still ya've got talent and spunk. Be a shame to end that. Surrender and then come work fer us. Ya can't beat me, but yer more than welcome to join us. Guy like ya could really rake in the combat bonuses. With the right job ya could be swimming in silver."
Aden Bero
 player, 593 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 11 Jun 2014
at 21:03
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden held his breath.  He wanted them to win the competition.  But more than that, he wanted all of them to exit this round alive.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:06, Wed 11 June 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 594 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 11 Jun 2014
at 21:32
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden walked past the mercenary Morien had cut in half, over to the one Dustil had jumped out of the tower to knock out.  He reached down to touch and magically stabilize the man's wounds, many of which had come from Aden's javelins.  He saw no reason to let the man die.  Plus, that was one more potential opponent for their competitors.

Cast stabilize.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 523 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 03:35
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil looked...a bit odd for a moment. His head tilted to the side as he flexed his hands several times, almost as if they were in pain. A monk was used to punching people, though, so it couldn't be from hitting the half-orc. Something else.

"Y'know...that's a temptin' offer. If I live, I'll consider it. But I'm from Arcadia. We don't surrender."

He then took one step forward and let out a blindingly-fast flurry of kicks and punches at the half-orc with a loud shout! "Ki-yah!"
Mr. Main
 GM, 761 posts
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 04:35
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil manages to land one serious kick to Turgen's chin. His eyes go blank for a moment. his stance goes slack and he drops both his shield and his sword. Dustil's punch must have knocked him senseless. He almost looks out on his feet, but he starts to shake his head and wake up surprisingly fast.

  OOC nice hero point usage dustil. he's stunned for the round. unfortunately you can't capitalize on it since it ends just before your turn, but he did drop his sword and shield and lose his action.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 524 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 04:56
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil took the opportunity to whip out another quick succession of blows, this time no pretense of defense in his moves at all as he whipped around in a whirl of fists, elbows, knees and feet at his opponent.
Morien
 player, 427 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 05:31
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien clenched his fists together, and swallowed hard as he leaned on his sword, blade down in the ground. Behind his helm, no one could see but the ice cold warrior bit his lip in anticipation.
Mr. Main
 GM, 762 posts
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 10:46
Re: Festival Day 2
Two of the attacks from Dustil's rain of attacks manage to land. Turgen falter's but then Regain's his footing. He lets out a scream and tackles dustil; slamming his shoulder into the monks midsection and knocking dustil backward bullrush 24 vs dustil's CMD. that's a success I believe. Dustil also takes 13 damage. But the monk quickly slides to a stop. And though he looks hurt he's still up and ready to continue.

"Damn, yer tougher than ya look. Alright I give." Turgen claps Dustil on the shoulder as he speaks.

EVERYONE OUT! He shouts and the guards in front of the door and several more that were waiting inside come out.

"The trinket is on the second floor in a small room. There's a trap, but you guys can handle that.

Meanwhile the forest fire continues to rage out of control and even more smoke fills the center of the arena. It is starting to obscure vision and now it is very hard to breathe. Even turgen and dustil who until now seemed unaffected start hacking a bit. while many others are suddenly having full on coughing fits. the smoke effects everyone. dustil, tam, and tugern now have the -1. everyone else is sickened.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:50, Thu 12 June 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 595 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 11:13
Re: Festival Day 2
ooc: has the fire completely surrounded the clearing?

Aden rushed up to Dustil, channeling healing energies and giving the monk a light pat on the back.  His friend looked pretty worse for the wear, but the oracle was impressed.  "That was awesome, Dustil."

Cure moderate wounds, 12 hp restored for Dustil.

The oracle started coughing a bit, and was feeling queasy.  Apparently being an oracle of flame didn't make one resistant to smoke.  Smiling at the irony, Aden took his water flask, strapped to his pack, and doused a random piece of cloth.  He also took a swig for himself, to keep his mouth moist.  He used the cloth to cover his nose and mouth to try and filter out the smoke, tying it behind his head.

"Lets be quick, but stay low to the ground to avoid the worst of the smoke.  I can cast Resist Energy on two of us to help make it through the forest back to our stand.  Something tells me they aren't going to dispel the forest and fire until then."

"Where's the trap, Turgen?  The sooner we get that trinket, the sooner we can get out of this flaming forest."

Mr. Main
 GM, 763 posts
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 11:42
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: The fire does not have the whole clearing surrounded just yet but it's only a matter of time.

"No. I've got my guys ta worry about. I'm gettin' 'em out right now. I could care less what happens to that thing right now. Turgen replies as he starts directing his men to gather up the wounded and the pieces of the one who was killed.
Aden Bero
 player, 597 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 11:47
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden persists, "We just need to know what to watch for.  I stabilized one of your downed men just now, in hopes of keeping him alive.  And I'm sorry for the other, I'd do more if I could."

20 on diplomacy.

Mr. Main
 GM, 766 posts
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 11:51
Re: Festival Day 2
there are a couple trip wire crossbow traps set up inside as well as a pressure sensitive trigger for a flash bang that the trinket is on.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 526 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 14:00
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil was knocked back a bit by Turgen, grunting as the shoulder slammed into him. But then his foe conceded the fight. Dustil blinked a few times in surprise and then let out a sigh of relief. Of course, he had to keep himself from falling over when the half-orc clapped him on the shoulder, but he managed somehow.

He gave a respectful bow to Turgen, a careful one since he was very injured. "Thank you. You are a worthy opponent."

He starts coughing a bit from the smoke as Aden comes over to speak and also gives a bit of healing. "Thanks, Aden."

He listened as his Oracle friend spoke with Turgen. He noticed what Aden was doing and aped him, wetting his headband and tying it around his mouth and nose to try and help stave off the effects of the smoke.

OOC: HPs 19/37

07:51, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 28 using 1d20+8. Sensing the motives.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:31, Thu 12 June 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 599 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 15:16
Re: Festival Day 2
From behind his wet face cloth, Aden's eyes stare at Turgen, trying to judge his response.

Sense motive 11
Dustil Kraye
 player, 527 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 19:18
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil's eyes narrowed and he tilted his head to the side. "Trinket. We don't want a trinket. We want the compass. Where is the compass."
Mr. Main
 GM, 767 posts
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 19:35
Re: Festival Day 2
"Heh. Slippery and sharp." Turgen reaches into a small well sealed pouch at his side and pulls out the compass. "I never said I'd let ya have the compass, but honestly I'm sick of this job. Take it."

Some of his men look shocked and a little angry too. Turgen notices. "Deception is one of the basic tenents of war and sometimes ya got to fool yer allies before ya can fool yer enemies. Now quit yer glaring and get the hell out of here before that fire makes all of ya even uglier!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:44, Thu 12 June 2014.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 528 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 19:48
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil smiled at the half-orc's cleverness. "Sneaky." He reverently took the compass in both hands and gave Turgen another bow. "We will hurry t'the startin' zone so the match'll end an' the fire'll go away. Please get yer men t'safety fer now." He turned but tossed over his shoulder, "If that job offer's still open, I can be found at the Drunken Monkey."

He nodded to his companions. "Aden, let's you an' me run fer the victory spot since we're the fastest, yah? Morien, you an' Tam get outta this fire an' smoke 'til we can get it gone. Agreed?"

This message was last edited by the player at 19:48, Thu 12 June 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 600 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 22:10
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden smiled at the exchange.  Turgen and his men had proven both hardy and honorable opponents. "Well met Blackswords. I wish you safe travels and victorious battles."

"Aye Dustil.  Let's outrun this fire and toast to another day of victory when we're clear. Morien, Tam, stay low in the cottage, and keep your nose and mouth covered with wet cloth.  We'll see you soon.  And try not to melt Ice Bucket.  We all know you lose your cool when things get a little heated."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:26, Thu 12 June 2014.

Mr. Main
 GM, 768 posts
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 22:31
Re: Festival Day 2
"Or instead of being idiots we all could leave. the fire is spreading quick, but if we move fast we can get clear before it encircles us." turgen comments as he takes one of the unconscious mercs over his shoulders. while you have been talking his men have ditched all their armor. and gathered up the pieces of the one dead guy and the second unconscious one. Turgen and his men then begin to march double time out of the clearing through the quickly dwindling clear path.

if you hustle most of you will definitely get out. Morien since he's speed is only 20 will need to make 3 constitution checks or he will fall behind.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 529 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 23:43
Re: Festival Day 2
"I did say that you should all get t'safety, not stay here."

Dustil carefully wrapped the compass up in his blanket and then stowed it in his pack. Assuming neither Morien nor Tamalie dissented or had anything else to say, he then got his bearings (asking Tam to make sure he got the direction right) and then took off at a dead run as fast as he could go in the forest without dying towards the "finish line".
Morien
 player, 428 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 13 Jun 2014
at 00:58
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien grumbled. He had no intention of remaining in a burning forest for any longer than he needed to be. He sent Tamalie on with the rest of the group and did his best to keep up. However, he quickly falls behind the rest of the group as he begins choking on the smoke.

19:57, Today: Morien rolled 8 using 1d20+1. con 3.
19:56, Today: Morien rolled 14 using 1d20+1. con 2.
19:56, Today: Morien rolled 4 using 1d20+1. con 1.
Mr. Main
 GM, 769 posts
Fri 13 Jun 2014
at 01:14
Re: Festival Day 2
morien is quickly outpaced by the others, but he keeps trudging along despite his fatigue. He manages to escape the flames but not unscathed. Morien takes 18 fire damage and is fatigued. He joins the rest of you on the outside of the forest. Now that you are out it looks a whole heck of a lot smaller than it felt...
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 8 posts
Fri 13 Jun 2014
at 01:38
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 368):

Drazgar follows the entertainment of the man narrowly avoiding full burn.
Morien
 player, 429 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 13 Jun 2014
at 02:25
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien staggers out of the intense heat with smoke pouring out of the joints in his armor. Once out of the fire, he takes off his helm, hacking and choking.

 He regains his composure and begins to stagger over to the rest of the group. (2hp remaining)
Dustil Kraye
 player, 530 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 13 Jun 2014
at 02:28
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil didn't watch Morien. He hoped the man wasn't stubborn enough to keep his armor on, but he knew better. For some reason, he just wouldn't divest himself of the weight and restriction to his mobility even in dire circumstances.

He reluctantly pushed Morien and Tamalie from his mind, and just focused on running with the compass, pouring on the speed once he was outside of the woods.
Mr. Main
 GM, 770 posts
Fri 13 Jun 2014
at 23:08
Re: Festival Day 2



Dustil runs as fast as he can, which is quite fast indeed. the arena is quite large though and it takes some time for him to reach the other side. especially since he has to run along the outside instead of straight to his destination.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:28, Fri 13 June 2014.

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 9 posts
Fri 13 Jun 2014
at 23:25
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 372):

Drazgar follows the man you came to me.
Aden Bero
 player, 601 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 13 Jun 2014
at 23:42
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden stops running, letting Dustil rush on ahead.  Lifting his visor to his forehead, he slowly turns towards the flames, his eyes glowing and sparking eerily as they bask in the inferno.  He barely registers the black swords marching past with Tam, or Morien coming up the rear nearly scorched to death.  He simply stands, watching, transfixed.  He begins to speak in a strange language, mumbling to himself. To onlookers, he perhaps seems bewitched, entranced...or reverent with awe.
Yanyeeku
 player, 3 posts
Sat 14 Jun 2014
at 02:50
Re: Festival Day 2
"Hm? Oh, well okay then." The bard looked up with some surprise at the man who approached him. The man didn't seem too suspicious, but he remained on edge anyway, following the man cautiously.
Aerilion
 player, 2 posts
Sat 14 Jun 2014
at 06:30
Re: Festival Day 2
Aerilion nods his thanks to the man and slowly stands carefully tucking the pages of his spellbook together as he did so.  He let the book slip slowly into its leather case before following, the weight of knowledge it contained more vital to him than anything else.
Mr. Main
 GM, 771 posts
Sat 14 Jun 2014
at 13:20
Re: Festival Day 2
Aerilion, Drazgar, Eradin and Yanyeeku are led out of the spectator area and into the under works of the arena. It is there that they meet up with a man they have not seen in a few years, but remember well. A short man of slender build with brown hair and grey eyes. Despite being the aid and team manager through the last games which you 4 took part in, even if only briefly, he had not been an easy man to get to know. He answered questions and did his best, with in the rules, to get you what wanted or needed to win, but somehow no connection had ever been made. You were his job and that was that.

"Well hello again; been a while. I hope you've been doing well?" Tio asks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Meanwhile on the sands Dustil races forward and finally, after what seems like a year, he reaches team Arcadia's box. Panting and gasping for breath he holds the compass up high.

TEAM ARCADIA WINS! A voice proclaims and once more the crowd roars with excitement. The forest and the fire suddenly vanish out of existence. though some of the smoke still lingers. Turgen leads his men out of the arena without looking back. They had wounded to tend and dead to bury. It was a costly day in the arena for them and cast a new light on the competition. The first day had been pretty bloodless, but if the second is any indication the games are about to get really dangerous.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:30, Sat 14 June 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 602 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 14 Jun 2014
at 16:45
Re: Festival Day 2
As the forest and fire winked out of existence, Aden stumbled to one knee.  He inhaled deeply to catch his breath, deaf for a moment to the roar of the crowd and announcement of their victory.  Whatever he was feeling, the moment passed, and he rose to his feet, holding his buckler and javelin up to the sky, roaring in exultation, "ARCADIAAAAAAA!!!!!!"

He started pumping alternating fists in the air and finished with a back-flip for good measure.  And then he started jogging to his companions, hoping they'd receive some medical attention and looking forward to their team reward.
Morien
 player, 430 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 15 Jun 2014
at 08:08
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien looked up into the stands and let his gaze flow over all of the people present. He then looked down as his sword, covered in congealed blood. He spat on the ground, trying to get the taste of smoke and blood out of his mouth.

 He did not celebrate this victory, instead making his way to Team Arcadia's box without a word. However, the disgust on his face was fairly obvious.
Aerilion
 player, 3 posts
Sun 15 Jun 2014
at 08:33
Re: Festival Day 2
Aerilion nods slowly and a facsimile of a grin appears on his face.

"It has been a while.  I've been continuing my lessons until you stole my tutor.  Some nice tricks she was teaching me as well.  I'm hoping to meet up with her now."
Yanyeeku
 player, 4 posts
Sun 15 Jun 2014
at 09:18
Re: Festival Day 2
Yanyeeku gave a lazy smile, shrugging. "I've been busy, practicing my art. You might have heard me working at the inn in the city once or twice." It was fairly vague as an answer. He had obviously done more than simply learned to perform, as he  had been improving his magical prowess as well. "How have you been, sir?"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 531 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 15 Jun 2014
at 15:22
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil's lungs were on fire and his breaths were coming in shuddering gasps when he finally made it. He held up the compass but once he heard the announcement that they had won, he collapsed to the ground. It took him a few minutes to recover but he finally did. He slowly got back to his feet and immediately started heading towards Tamalie and Morien to make sure that they were okay.
Mr. Main
 GM, 772 posts
Sun 15 Jun 2014
at 15:46
Re: Festival Day 2
in the arena

The Mayor stands up and steps forward. His visage suddenly appears on all of the View panels. He waits a moment for the crowd to quiet down a little and then speaks.

"Congratulations Team Arcadia! You are doing us all proud. As the winners of today's trial you are awarded that silver Compass and each of you gets a purse of 2500 gold pieces. Please speak to your team adviser on collecting. Now the Silver Compass is no ordinary compass. If used properly it can lead you to the Nearest Emblem. remember that each emblem is worth 50 victory points when turned in at the end of the festival. there are 11 of them and having a lot could turn a losing team into a winning one."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

meanwhile with Tio

"I've been alright. Always way to busy during the festival, but I'm bored as hell when their isn't one so I really shouldn't complain." Tio replies to Yanyeeku.

"Steal your tutor? I'm not sure I even know who that is. Besides do I look like a kidnapper? Unfortunately though I'm afraid you're going to have to put off your meeting with her. You see we are going to need your services during this festival. There have been some issues with many of this years champions. Luckily I was prudent enough to have listed all of you as alternates. If you will follow me I will introduce you to this years champions and your new teammates."
Aden Bero
 player, 604 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 15 Jun 2014
at 17:43
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden "yeehaw-ed" with joy at the announcement of their prizes, getting excited about all the new toys he could consider purchasing.  And that compass would make finding the emblems easier, but it also made them a target.  The other teams, or just enterprising thieves, might seek to make it their own, or just tail team arcadia as they sought out the emblems.  He continued moving towards their stand, seeing several unfamiliar faces with Tio....
Morien
 player, 431 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 00:04
Re: Festival Day 2
 As Dustil approached Morien, he could see that the armored warrior was very near collapse. He was badly burned, but still walking. He did not stop as the mayor spoke but mention of the prize money seemed to lift his spirits, if only a little.

OOC: again, at 2hp remaining.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 533 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 05:12
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil smiled and asked Tamalie if she was alright.

He paused as he reached Morien. "Do you need my healin' potion, Morrie?" Without asking, Dustil lifted up one of Morien's arms and took some of the other man's weight on to help Morien with walking to their zone.
Aerilion
 player, 4 posts
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 07:24
Re: Festival Day 2
Aerilion waves his hand.  His robes seem to pick up the gesture and flutter around him for a second as if moved by minor currents of air.

"I meant Professor Praxa, Olivia Praxa.  She joined you here recently I understand.  Anyway - has the contest been especially deadly this year for some reason?  I'll admit I haven't been following it as closely as I might, I've been worrying on a problem in arcane feedback in mental influences."
Morien
 player, 432 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 10:23
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien accepts the help, though there is a deep yet intense look in his eyes. "No, I'm hoping to get magical healing without spending the money."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 534 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 13:15
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil gave a shrug of his shoulders as he helped his friend.
Mr. Main
 GM, 773 posts
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 22:49
Re: Festival Day 2

"Not particularly. Though we usually don't get so close to champion deaths this early, but that's really just a sign that the competition is serious this time around. Don't forget this isn't just about city pride. This is saber rattling at it's finest. The city that wins the games gains a lot of political clout and while it won't change the accords; the winner of the games is unofficially the 'prominent' city until the next games." Tio then moves towards the edge of the box and waves the champions over.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This time no medics rush out onto the field. Instead you see Tio waving you over. He is accompanied by a handful of people. Once all of you arrive Tio beings speaking.

 "Good work out there. I told the medics not to rush out there unless one of you was incapacitated. I wanted all of you to stoically walk off the field after all that; seemingly unconcerned about any of your own injuries as if they did not bother you in the least. A cheap intimidation ploy, but often effective. plus it impresses the crowd. especially after I pay a couple people to start talking about it and how team Elgavasa needed to be saved. We'll get to seeing about patching you up in a bit.

first however I have an unfortunately announcement. Tamalie your father has been seriously injured. He'll live, but he needs time to recover and your mother would like you to come home and help tend to him. William has disappeared. He said that he drew a little to much attention and needed to get out of the city and lay low for a while. Safie has recused herself from the games saying she needed to look into something. to replace them I called in some of our Alternates. They were on the team during the last games though they did not get to compete to much. I will let them introduce themselves later.

As for your reward there are three options. you can take your 2500 gold each and spend it how you please. the second option is a deal i worked out with martin and kern. you each will get 3500 gp worth of store credit you can spend on select pieces of equipment. The catch is that each item you pick with have either the martian and kern logo or, if it's large enough, will have the words Martin and Kern inscribed on them. The third option is another deal I worked out with east wind trading. you must go and speak with their tea master. and then he will give you an item based upon the impression you have made on him."

Dustil Kraye
 player, 536 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 02:19
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil frowned when no one came to help Morien, but he continued to help his comrade. They stopped finally and he cocked his head at Tio. He rolled his eyes and let out a soft sigh at Tio's reasoning. "whatever."

He then turned to Tamalie and looked shocked and sad. "Oh, Tam, I'm sorry t'hear that. I...we'll miss you. I hope your father recovers soon." He fell silent quickly and looked down, not really paying attention to the rest, except in regards to Safia as well. He sighed once more.

Replacements? He supposed that they were all replaceable in the end, but kept his mouth shut on that.

He gave a shrug, not really caring. The tea master sounded interesting, but Dustil's mind was on other things. "Tea Master or Martin and Kern I guess."
Aden Bero
 player, 607 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 03:01
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden was crestfallen at hearing about the departure of three of their companions.  It definitely made their victory bittersweet, and he gave hugs and extended hearty farewells and best wishes.

He eyed their new companions up and down, uncertain what to make of them.  Finally, he replied, "Welcome back to Team Arcadia.  You've seen what Dustil, Morien, and myself can do..or at least a bit.  What about yourselves?"

And to Tio, he replied, "Martin and Kern are a good outfit, but how 'selective' are we talking when it comes to what we can choose from?" The tea master sounded very interesting, but their mojo was already kinda wonky, what with Jace's murder, him and Morien butting heads all day, and half their team being replaced.  He wasn't sure what kind of impression they were expected to make.  But the gamble was intriguing.
Mr. Main
 GM, 774 posts
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 04:26
Re: Festival Day 2
"basically you're limited to what they have in stock and something that will be seen." OOC: basically standard stuff. magic weapons and armor, wondrous items from the lesser minor tables. Send me a pm with what you are looking for and I'll let you know.
Aerilion
 player, 5 posts
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 08:47
Re: Festival Day 2
Aerilion gives a deep bow before standing and leaning on his staff.

"I Aerilion of the Arcadia Academy of Arcana.  My area of expertise is in air and fire magics together with enchantment.  I look forward to working with you all - hopefully with more success than we had last year."

He bows again and steps backwards.
Yanyeeku
 player, 5 posts
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 13:05
Re: Festival Day 2
"I missed last year. What happened?" The bard asked Aerilion curiously, before remembering what they were supposed to be doing. "Oh right. My name is Yanyeeku. I specialise in providing support with  my stories, and casting spells focused in enchantment. I'm also fairly good with scrolls and wands." He bowed to the group, similar to Aerilion, before taking out a fan and fanning himself with it lazily.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:36, Tue 17 June 2014.

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 13 posts
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 14:22
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Yanyeeku (msg # 395):

Drazgar approaches.

"Hello, I am Drazgar Inlyndl. I am a Darksong Berserker of the Church of Eilistraee. I am honored to join your group."
Aden Bero
 player, 610 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 18:03
Re: Festival Day 2
"Okay, I vote for Martin and Kern, though the Tea Master is very tempting.  Is there anything more you can tell us about the Tea Master Tio?"

@Aerilion, "Well met, the names Aden. Oracle of Flame, adept at the Temple of Many Mysteries.  Fire and Air just so happen to be my two favorite elements.  Feel free to drop mist and fog on me anytime, as I can see right through them."

@Yanyeeku, he replies, "A bard! Fun.  I'm a performer as well."

@Drazgar, he replies, "Sounds dangerous. Eilistraee, huh.  She reminds me a lot of Sarenrae, a beacon of hope amidst darkness.  Welcome to the team."
Mr. Main
 GM, 775 posts
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 22:52
Re: Festival Day 2
"Never met him. I've heard him described both as an inscrutable old kook and a subtle and sagacious sophist."
Morien
 player, 435 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 23:06
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien looks at the group assembled. He looks awful, with scorch marks and burns. It looks as though he had almost been baked alive. "I am Morien. I am a tactician and a warrior. I specialize in close quarters combat, frost magic... and other things."

 It was quite obvious that he was in severe pain from the burns. Blood covered his armor in other areas back from when the explosion had rocked him.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 538 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 23:16
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil looked very beat up himself, blood in a few places and a bit of soot and singing here and there. "Dustil Kraye. I'm a Drunken Monk." He said that as if it explained everything that someone would need to know.
Aden Bero
 player, 611 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 00:36
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden couldn't watch his friend suffering any longer, whatever strategy might be behind Tio calling for a delay in medical attention.  He walked up to Morien, flourishing his arm and speaking a strange tongue, and laid a warm, healing hand on his frosty companion. +10 hp

To Tio, Aden continued, "Tio, my friend.  You've been team manager for Arcadia a while, and you seem damn good at your job.  And I have to imagine our success is your success.  So tell me, which would you choose?  Martin&Kern seems the safest bet, but there's got to be something to this Tea Master if you sought out this deal." Diplomacy 15

And to their new companions, Aden warns, "Guys, you should know we all have some enemies in this tournament.  Adrian M'vasthi, for team Thryka is a sicko. Dustil and Morien can tell you about the ones their watching out for. Morien was actually attacked yesterday evening, though we can't be sure if it's related to the games or not...."

"Also, we've got some stuff going on the side we've been working on, and we could use some extra help. Perhaps a beer at Drunken Monkey is the best place to talk it over, but so far we've been working as a team both in and out of the arena.  Not perfectly, mind you,"
he flashed Morien a grin, "but apparently things are working out for us so far."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:45, Thu 19 June 2014.

Mr. Main
 GM, 776 posts
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 01:30
Re: Festival Day 2
"Well you gotta ask yourself if you feel lucky. Martin and Kern would be the safe bet. Plus you get to choose what you get. With the tea master it might end up being what ever his whim is. but you could get something more valuable."
Morien
 player, 436 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 06:51
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien looked considerably better after Aden's healing, though he was still in rough shape. He gave Aden an annoyed look when he mentioned him being attacked, but otherwise said nothing.

 Instead, he turned to Tio. "I believe I will take Martin and Kern's deal... though perhaps I can make a deal of my own with them. What I want is slightly more than 3,500gp."
Aerilion
 player, 9 posts
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 10:32
Re: Festival Day 2
Aerilion smiles gently and waves one hand through the air.

"Enemies are nothing new for me or I suspect any of us.  Speaking from personal experience magic can be quite attractive to those who have little scruple as to how it is used.  Are there any specific threats?  My magic is of limited use in warding but if I have some warning I might be able to divine some things."
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 14 posts
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 13:35
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Aerilion (msg # 404):

Drazgar walks over to Morien.

"You still look like you need healing? May I help?"
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 15 posts
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 13:42
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Drazgar In'lyndl (msg # 405):

OOC: Rolled a 16 to discern level of damage left.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 539 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 14:08
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil gave an impatient shrug. "I'm fine either way. I get something I didn't have before so it's all good t'me."

He looked over at Tio and spoke quickly as if not really meaning most of the speech, and with at least a small amount of anger in his voice. "Hooray! We won! Everyone has seen us leave the battlefield without needin' healin'! We did it! Whoohoo! Can we go in an' get Morien frickin' healed up now please, Tio? I could use some myself actually after that half-orc smashed the crap outta me too."
Aden Bero
 player, 612 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 15:28
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden nodded, "Martin&Kern it is."

"And yeah, healing would be good.  By winning that compass, we may have just become more of a target than we already were."

Mr. Main
 GM, 777 posts
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 19:58
Re: Festival Day 2
"I don't see what the big rush is. None of you are dying and no one is going to attack you while you are in the stadium and in the private box for team Arcadia. I needed to get your answer on the reward and introduce you to your new members before I let you go." Tio waves over some medics and the begin to treat your wounds.

"I'll get the prize money over to Martin and Kern with in the hour and you can take advantage of their offer. Dustil the item you had commissioned is ready so please meet with the rep from the Academy before you leave the Arena."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 540 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 20:57
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil rolled his eyes at Tio and shook his head but let out a quiet exasperated chuckle. When Tio went on, Dustil frowned in confusion, then a look of understanding passed over his face. "Oh right. The Amulet. Cool."

He looked at Morien and Aden. "Meet at the shop?"
Aden Bero
 player, 613 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 22:07
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden tries to smooth over Dustil's response to Tio, "Thanks Tio, you've been a big help. They probably didn't want to be on this guy's bad side, assuming the man even had sides.  From what Aden could tell, their team manager was mildly apathetic, but not everyone wore their emotions on their sleeve.

To Dustil, he responded, "I don't think any of us should travel alone if avoidable.  We don't know if Morien's attacker was against our team or him as an individual."
Morien
 player, 437 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 07:45
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien looked up at Dustil more than a little appreciatively. He was showing sides of himself today that he usually did not.

OOC: he's at less than half health (roughly 41%). He has 12 hp right now.

 When Aden spoke, though, he sighed. "The one who attacked me is after me alone... but I doubt that would stop him from attacking one of you just to try and isolate me."
Aden Bero
 player, 614 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 09:59
Re: Festival Day 2
"It sounds like you know who's responsible?"
Morien
 player, 438 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 10:11
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien shakes his head. "Can't say that I do... but they knew me.

 If I were trying to kill someone like myself, then I would isolate them by targeting his allies first. I would start with the healer, then the mages and scouts, followed by the warriors, and then my target. I can only assume that whoever attacked me will do likewise."

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 16 posts
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 13:59
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Morien (msg # 414):

Drazgar smiles.

"That is why one should never stop having more allies."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 541 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 15:34
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil sighed and waved a hand at Tio. "Sorry, Tio. Despite the victory, it's been a rough couple o'days."

He took in a deep breath and then let it out slowly, attempting to cleanse himself of negativity.

"Okay. So, we swing by an' pick up my amulet, then on t'Martin an' Kerns? Then we drink, right? Lots o'drinkin'?"
Aden Bero
 player, 615 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 17:03
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden smiled at his comrades, old and new. "Slow down Drunko. We also need to use our new compass to seek out some tokens, and give the gauntlet another run.  But I suppose a brew or two with lunch wouldn't be the worst."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 542 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 17:17
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil shook his head, disagreeing with Aden. "No. We aren't doin' the gauntlet today. We need t'be fresher fer that. Plus we haven't worked with t'gether as a team now at all with the new an' old teammates. We need t'get t'know each other first or do somethin' t'gether t'gel a bit 'fore we take that on again."
Aden Bero
 player, 616 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 17:35
Re: Festival Day 2
"That doesn't make sense.  Worst case scenario we get knocked out, and come out better prepared to win the next time.  We already learned that whatever wounds we take in there are healed when we leave.  Otherwise Morien wouldve been killed by the minotaur.  What better way to practice and learn more about each other?"

"Plus, you really think tomorrow's main event is going to leave us any 'fresher' than we are now? If anything, tomorrow will be harder."

Morien
 player, 439 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 20:28
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien finally began to remove his armor in order to let his wounds be treated. He was burned all over, though the magical healing had lessened his wounds considerably.

 "Normally I would agree with Dustil about the gauntlet... but the unique nature of it leads me to agree with Aden. We can use the gauntlet to gauge the effectiveness of our new allies and practice some teamwork.

 That said, we need to purchase several scrolls or potions of jumping. I have no desire to break any more of the gauntlet."


 I suggest we go eat and then see Clive Delmar though. We have something to return and now we can use the compass to determine if he truly has a token.


OOC: is this magical healing or first aid?
Aden Bero
 player, 617 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 22:12
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden nodded at Morien's suggestion.  "I don't care about the order as long as the gauntlet is last, but I'm thinking Dustil's amulet, Martin & Kern's, lunch, Clive Delmar's, tokens, and then the gauntlet."
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 17 posts
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 23:34
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 421):

Drazgar casts Cure Light Wounds then uses Lay on Hands for the rest.


CLW for 5 and Lay on Hands for 7 and you are no longer fatiqued.
Mr. Main
 GM, 778 posts
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 00:34
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: The medics were doing both. Treating your burns and restoring your hp.

"I would suggest attempting the gauntlet every time you can. Only one team can clear it after all. No reason to let your competitors have a head start. Alright If you don't need my assistance anymore for the time being I will be off. You did well today, good luck." And tio walks off.

As tio leaves a slender and tall woman with greying hair, amber eyes and olive complexion walks in. She is wearing a light purple silk robe and is carrying a staff made of some grey wood with an oddly shaped crystal of what looks like smokey quarts implanted at it's top.

"Dustil Kraye?" she asks.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:35, Sat 21 June 2014.

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 18 posts
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 00:37
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 423):

Drazgar shrugs.

"Gauntlet tonight. After we had recovered a bit more and done some of your other business sounds good."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 543 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 01:24
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil waved a hand at his teammates, clearly not wanting to argue anymore but not happy. After all, officially they had just lost 3 members. Granted, they had gained members in return, but Dustil had known the members leaving and he didn't know the new members.

And Tamalie was leaving.

He turned to the new person who walked up and spoke his name. He gave a small smile to her though it was clearly a bit forced. "I'm Dustil Kraye, milady. Are you here about the amulet, or is there somethin' I can help you with?"
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 19 posts
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 02:51
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 425):

Drazgar smiles at the new lady. And then turns back to the group.
Mr. Main
 GM, 779 posts
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 12:15
Re: Festival Day 2
She extends her left hand and a small silver amulet on a delicate chain suddenly dangles from it. "Here is the item you commissioned. As you specified it generates an electric current that will be channeled through your unarmed attacks. I hope it is satisfactory. Congratulations once again on being the victor in the test of wills and for your victory here today."
Yanyeeku
 player, 6 posts
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 12:20
Re: Festival Day 2
"Morien, you mentioned needing scrolls of jumping? Can you recall of any other scrolls that might be useful for the gauntlet?" The Bard queried. While not necessarily a gifted spellcaster, he was fairly good with utilising magical items.
Aerilion
 player, 10 posts
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 12:56
Re: Festival Day 2
Aerilion bows deeply moving as he does so to place his staff across his wrists.

"Greeting Professor Praxa.  How are you?  I hope the manager hasn't been working you too hard?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 780 posts
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 13:39
Re: Festival Day 2
"Aerilion? I did not know you were participating in the games. Four mage-crafters working cooperatively in 8 hour shifts through the night. I would not say that was to hard, but certainly a bit excessive for a prize. But Her Archness promised such speedy service.'
Dustil Kraye
 player, 544 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 14:54
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil gave a deep bow to the lady mage. And his voice showed little trace of the drunken street brawler that he normally was as he did his best to sound more formal. "I thank you for the amulet, as well as the skill and hard work that went into making it. Thank you, lady."
Aerilion
 player, 11 posts
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 14:56
Re: Festival Day 2
"I was on the reserve.  You will recall last year and our rather ignoble effort.  Those of us who weren't involved in the final debacle were asked to come back to support the smaller team this year.  Something makes me quite glad i only take half your classes or i'd be working with you i suspect.  If i can be of any assistance please do ask though the team has to be my focus."
Mr. Main
 GM, 781 posts
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 15:00
Re: Festival Day 2
"You're welcome. Put it to good use and win some more.


Thank you for the offer Aerilion, I don't think I will need to take you up on it, but if I do I'll make sure to let you know.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:28, Sat 21 June 2014.

Morien
 player, 440 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 22 Jun 2014
at 09:50
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien sat, letting his wounds be tended. When Yaneeku posed his question, Morien looked up at him. "Probably something that would let us escape webs... or lava... or pendulums... or minotaurs."

 He let out a very slight smile. However, it quickly faded as he winced in pain. The burn treating didn't seem to be very comfortable.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 546 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 22 Jun 2014
at 16:59
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil sat back down and waited his turn at the healing as he was still pretty messed up from the fight with the half-orc. "I need t'refill one o'my waterskins with ale 'fore we head in as well. Unless M&K have a never-ending tankard of ale for me t'buy!" He chuckled at that one, obviously trying to raise his own spirits back up.
Mr. Main
 GM, 783 posts
Sun 22 Jun 2014
at 20:40
Re: Festival Day 2
"I've seen one of those before. The Dean of Artifice and Transmutation at the Academy has something like that. Good luck and make us proud." Oliva Praxa comments before finally leaving the box.

After seeing to Morien's wounds the medics moved on to Dustil. OOC: You guys are all at full hp now.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 20 posts
Sun 22 Jun 2014
at 22:32
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 436):

Drazgar pulls his mug out and drinks from it.


"They are really really good items to have."
Aden Bero
 player, 618 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Mon 23 Jun 2014
at 03:13
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden says farewell to Tio, and after the others are ready, he suggests they walk towards Martin & Kern as they talk.

"We know the first two rooms of the gauntlet, because that's as far as our first attempt got us.  The first room is 10' wide raised pathway over a lava pool far down below.  If you fall, you'll be teleported out of the room before hitting the lava.  There are gaps in the pathway, the furthest 20' across.  Fire columns occasionally spurt up through the gaps, but not that often.  There are bladed fans swinging across the walkway and gaps on pendulums. So basically your dodging blades and leaping chasms 10'-20' across."

"The second room is also a suspended walkway. A 10' path leads to a circle I believe 20' in diameter, with the room exit behind.  In this circle is a powerful minotaur.  He was using some type of powerful ball and chain with a 20' reach.  Below this pathway is a drop and a spider-web that spans the room before you fall into nothing.  And of course there are a few large spiders on these webs to mess with you if you get knocked down."

"The minotaur really makes you pay if you let your guard down at all. (He seems to have the feat combat reflexes)  And that weapon of his packs a punch.  My obscuring mist seemed to help last time, as it kept him from attacking us from a distance. (no AoO since he can't see you, 50% miss chance into total concealment)  Of course that makes it harder for everyone but me to see, but it definitely allows for a better chance of either sneaking across or positioning around him for tactical combat."

"I'm not sure what the best way to take on that room is.  We can try to get around the minotaur either with stealth, acrobatics, or magic.  Or we can try to defeat him, but he seemed to take some damage last time.  But there are more of us this time, and we'll be better prepared."

Mr. Main
 GM, 785 posts
Tue 24 Jun 2014
at 23:00
Re: Festival Day 2
After the medics have finished their treatments you follow them out and exit the Arena; making your way now to the ever familiar Martin and Kern Outfitters shop not far from the Heart of Arcadia. AS you walk in the Older gentleman named Craig who assisted you previously greets you.

"Welcome back Champions. Congratulations on today's victory. Your group has been doing quite well this year. I am looking forward to seeing how far you can go. Now how May I be of assistance."
Aden Bero
 player, 620 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Thu 26 Jun 2014
at 21:03
Re: Festival Day 2
"Thanks Craig, we do our best. Dustil especially kicked some ass today.  By the way, these are our new teammates."

"We're interested in some magical item that can offer bulk healing charges for the group. We know a wand of cure light wounds is pretty economical, but were wondering if your fine establishment has anything else to offer.  We're looking to get as much bang for our coin as possible."

"We may also want to purchase some scrolls to prepare for our next attempt at the gauntlet.  So, you have anything in mind?"

Mr. Main
 GM, 786 posts
Fri 27 Jun 2014
at 03:42
Re: Festival Day 2
"It's expensive, but customers have had us create rods that lightly heal many individuals at once. they can be made either to have limited uses a day and then stop working or to have a finite number of uses but no limit on how many you can use in a siting. such a rod would would 35,000 gold and would take over a month to make. It could be made quicker if you pay for expedition, but expediting items being crafted with powerful magic sometimes has consequences."

OOC: basically a rod of cure light wounds mass. It would be made wither with the rod rules or with the wand rules. Rod rules would give you limited uses per day of a couple different spells. wand rules would give you 50 charges of cure light wounds mass. the advantage would be one uses could heal up to nine individuals with one use so it would almost be like having 9 cure light wounds wands except faster and would heal more. 1d8+9 vs 1d8+1. I'll let people be targeted more than once, but no more than three times.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 549 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 27 Jun 2014
at 03:54
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil gave a snort at Aden's praise. "We ALL kicked ass t'day, an' more t'come t'morrow!" He then restrained a sigh as he tried not to remember how the "we" had so drastically changed. Gods but he needed to drink.

He let Aden and the person talk about the healing option, but he also reminded, "Also, we were told that there was a deal worked out for select items to be chosen from for the victory today?"
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 22 posts
Fri 27 Jun 2014
at 04:16
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 442):

Drazgar drinks from his everful mug. Drazgar senses the 'Need' from Dustil.

"I am so glad I bought this a few months ago. The Need gets mighty uncomfortable when unsatisfied."
Morien
 player, 441 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 27 Jun 2014
at 08:09
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien draws his scythe and holds it in as an unthreatening manner as possible. "In addition to whatever deal Tio has worked out with you, I would like to trade this in for some store credit to increase my limit if it is at all possible.

 I have a blade being forged for me. I would like it enchanted and expedited if at all possible. I would also like to purchase a Belt of Giant Strength.

 However, if it is at all possible, I would like to work out a slightly different deal with you regarding the sword. I have the strong belief that only the names of those who have personally forged or taken a life with a blade deserve to have their names etched upon it. A sword is a sacred thing to me and I cannot, in good conscience, wield one that has been marked as an advertisement tool.

 Perhaps we could work out something else both more appropriate... and more visible... to compensate? Like a cloak emblazoned with your logo? I could wear it in public and during the events."

This message was last edited by the player at 08:19, Fri 27 June 2014.

Mr. Main
 GM, 787 posts
Fri 27 Jun 2014
at 21:32
Re: Festival Day 2
"I appreciate your sentiments, but I'm not sure if a cloak is proper advertisement for our wears. The sword is something people can see in action and the belt is something many of our intended clientele can recognize as a support item. A cloak at first might seem like a larger and better advertisement, but then what happens when you get into a fight and it gets torn, tattered, ripped, stained, burned, disheveled so that the logo can't be seen as well, ect. Maybe if we could put the logo on the chest piece of your armor and MARTIN & KERN in large and bold letters on the back."
Morien
 player, 442 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 27 Jun 2014
at 22:55
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien nearly choked at the prospect of having advertisements on his armor. He seemed to turn ill at the very thought of it. He stammered as he spoke. "My a-armor?"

 He took a moment to recover, though he had yet to recover all of the color from his face. "I-I think I'll just wait for my sword to be completed normally without the enchantment and put my remaining balance toward Aden's request."

 Morien placed the scythe on the counter, his hands were actually shaking. "I'll take the belt of giant's strength though."
Aden Bero
 player, 621 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Fri 27 Jun 2014
at 23:35
Re: Festival Day 2
Regarding the rod of mass healing, Aden whistled. "Sounds like a nice item to have, but currently too rich for our blood, and too long a wait to meet our needs.  But, should we continue dominating in the tourney and accruing winnings, we may have something like this commissioned.  In the meantime, do you perhaps carry a normal wand of Cure Light Wounds?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 788 posts
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 02:19
Re: Festival Day 2
"We have several. What sort of budget do you have in mind?"
Morien
 player, 443 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 09:11
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien half turned before walking out. "Perhaps it would be better if I were to simply sell my scythe to you and use the gold to settle up the difference for my belt of giant strength. Then I could put the money toward my sword without the restriction, yes?"

This message was last edited by the player at 09:13, Sat 28 June 2014.

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 25 posts
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 14:37
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Morien (msg # 449):

Drazgar walks out as well.

"I will wait out here. The tyranny of mercantilism is thick in here."
Aden Bero
 player, 622 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 16:20
Re: Festival Day 2
As Drazgar exited, Aden shrugged. He couldn't hold an attempt to make a buck and better market themselves against the establishment. It was their livelihood.

To Craig, Aden replied with uncertainty, "As in, would I rather buy a wand of cure moderate wounds or cure light wounds?  Or are there other differences I'm unaware of?  I'm thinking a wand of cure light wounds is our best bet for now."
Mr. Main
 GM, 789 posts
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 19:33
Re: Festival Day 2
"Basically. It's hard to beat a wand of cure light wounds for ecomony, but cure moderate heals more so you could get away with less charges. There is also a new product we are test marketing. Right now It's just called "The Heal Stick" there are a few Names we are currently feeling out for it. Basically it works similar to a lay on hands. It's very simple to operate too. You just press it against a wounded creature and the longer it is pressed the more the creature gets healed. Unfortunately they run out of power eventually, but it's doesn't have the waste that wands of cure spells occasionally have. The cost depends on the healing reservoir of the individual stick."

  OOC: basically each of these heals ticks has a certain healing limit. for example lets say 100 hp. you can control how much of the hp is discharged into the individual. after you use up the reservoir it's useless. that's how it is used outside of combat. In combat it's a standard action require a touch to the target and the target heals for 10 hp.
Aden Bero
 player, 624 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 21:00
Re: Festival Day 2
"Interesting.  What's the cost for these healing sticks?  Can anyone use them, unlike a wand?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 790 posts
Sun 29 Jun 2014
at 00:25
Re: Festival Day 2
"Yes anyone can use them and how much they cost depends on the type and the size of the reservoir. There are rechargeable and non rechargeable and they come with with 4 different grades of reservoirs; minor, moderate, major and massive. they range in price from 1000 gold to 50,000 gold."

OOC: a non rechargeable minor heal stick has a reservoir of 150 hp and is 1000 gp. A moderate non rechargeable has a reservoir of 300 and costs 3000 gp. A major non rechargeable has a reservoir of 800 hp and costs 10,000 gp. A Massive non rechargeable has a reservoir of 2000 hp and costs 35k.

rechargeable ones cost 3 times as much as the non rechargeable ones, but you can refill them by using magical healing effects on them. so channeling energy, lay on hands, cure spells, potions and the like can refill them. how much the effect heals for is how much is put back in. they still have the same max reservoir though.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 552 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 29 Jun 2014
at 01:12
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil looked interested in the healing sticks a little bit. He glanced at Aden and gave a shrug. "I'm willin' t'kick a bit o'my store credit in as well if we wanna get a couple o'the little ones or one of the mid-way ones."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 554 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 30 Jun 2014
at 23:00
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil wandered around the store a bit as Aden pondered. He picked up a few items to inspect them, but kept setting them back down. It was obvious he didn't know what he wanted really and was just browsing.

He walked past a flask and then stopped suddenly. He turned back to it and examined it. "Oh. Oh ho ho ho. What have we HERE?" He had a quick hushed conversation with the person in the store and then grinned from ear to ear. "I'll take it!!! Whatever's left use t'help Aden buy a stick or wand, an' no that ain't innuendo."

He let out a chuckle, still grinning as he walked back over to stand next to Aden once more.
Aden Bero
 player, 629 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Tue 1 Jul 2014
at 17:06
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden replied, "A rechargeable healing stick sounds like a good investment, but we've got other purchases to make for now.  So we'll take a wand fully charged with the Cure Light Wounds spell."

"Now to figure out what else to purchase...."

Morien
 player, 444 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 2 Jul 2014
at 06:27
Re: Festival Day 2
 After a couple of minutes, Morien walks back in the store, a new sword on his back and a leather belt around his waist... it looked rather strange in contrast to his icy blue armor.

 He approached Aden. "I think I have a little left on my tab after selling my scythe and using my store credit. Use it for whatever you need."

OOC: after getting a new sword and a belt, I have 300gp left over for healing supplies.
Aden Bero
 player, 632 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Thu 3 Jul 2014
at 17:21
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden works out who's paying what for the wand:

Morien: 125
Dustil: 125
Aden: 500
The newbies each owe Aden 125 when it's not going to leave them broke.
Aden Bero
 player, 633 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Thu 3 Jul 2014
at 17:33
Re: Festival Day 2
To Craig, Aden inquires, "I'd like to upgrade my masterwork chain shirt to an enchanted chain shirt (+1).  And I'd like to trade in my regular buckler for an enchanted one (+1).  How long would it take to enchant my masterwork chain shirt?  Or any chance I can trade it full-value for an enchanted one?"

OOC: Hoping to walk out of the store with +1 chain shirt, +1 buckler, and not having to sell current masterwork chain shirt for only half value.  If so, assuming d20pfsrd prices, it'd be 1000gp for upgrading the chain shirt, 1155gp for +1 buckler (5gp+150masterwork+1000enchant).  +500gp for wand = 2655, leaving 845 out of store credit, just enough for me to pick up a belt of tumbling if available.
Mr. Main
 GM, 793 posts
Fri 4 Jul 2014
at 16:48
Re: Festival Day 2
"Upgrading your chain shirt would take a day. We do not do full value trade ins. It doesn't make sense for us. Even if your item sells quickly we still need to have it appraised and inspected before we put it up for sale. And if it doesn't sell quickly It's taking up space and maintenance work otherwise it'll slowly degrade into an unsellable condition. We can sell you a lightly enchanted chain shirt, a lightly enchanted buckler for 2405. leaving you with 1095 left in store credit. if you buy a belt of tumbling that would leave you with 295 in store credit. Your associates have offered 300 and 500 gold of their store credit towards group healing items. Which is more then enough for a wand of cure light wounds or a minor non rechargeable heal stick. Tell you what how about we do this for a deal. The left over store credit will be a down payment on a lesser rechargeable heal stick. If you guys promote it well and sales increase due to the notoriety of your team and how much you use it I will give you a  five percent commission counting towards the remaining balance."
Aden Bero
 player, 635 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sun 6 Jul 2014
at 03:04
Re: Festival Day 2
"I'd say that's a pretty good deal.  You guys agree?"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 557 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 6 Jul 2014
at 03:32
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil gave a shrug of his shoulders. "I'm fine with it." He glanced at Morien. "Popsicle?"
Aden Bero
 player, 636 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sun 6 Jul 2014
at 04:25
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden bursted out in laughter.  It had been a long day.
Morien
 player, 445 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 6 Jul 2014
at 05:45
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien cast a sideways glance at Dustil. Now he was doing it too. However, Morien just sighed. He was too tired to get mad. "Whatever, I don't care."
Mr. Main
 GM, 796 posts
Sun 6 Jul 2014
at 05:56
Re: Festival Day 2
"Alright then. Pleasure doing business with you. IF you wait just a moment your Items will be given to you shortly." After a few more minutes Aden's chain shirt, buckler and the heal stick are brought out. His chain shirt and buckler both have the logo and "Martin & Kern" in bold black letters emblazoned on them. The heal stick just has the Logo on it in several places. After another minute of making sure everything is in order the lot of you leave the store and are standing in the streets.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 559 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 6 Jul 2014
at 06:01
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil thanked the shopkeep and then nodded at his companions. "I need t'swing by a tavern real quick, but then we can go see 'bout the token an' then the Gauntlet, yeah? Once we get more money, I'll need t'spend a bit an' get my new item filled." He grinned widely at his companions.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:02, Sun 06 July 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 637 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Mon 7 Jul 2014
at 23:19
Re: Festival Day 2
"I 'spose a quick tavern trip would be alright. But I'm ready to put more distance between us and the competition by getting some tokens!"

Aden is ready for the group to use their shiny magic compass.
Morien
 player, 446 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 8 Jul 2014
at 06:54
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien follows suit. "I suppose the first place we should check is House Delmar?"
Aden Bero
 player, 639 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Tue 8 Jul 2014
at 11:58
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: I think, for the moment, we should do whatever the DM thinks will be most fun for the newcomers.

"Well, the compass will point us to the closest token.  If House Delmar has one, it will lead us there eventually.  Otherwise, he can wait to barter for his bratty son's over-priced sword."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 563 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 8 Jul 2014
at 13:47
Re: Festival Day 2
Once outside of the Drunken Monkey, Dustil pulled out the magical compass and held it out in his hand to see what would happen. "Okay. Let's start headin' towards the Gauntlet an' see what we get along the way maybe?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 800 posts
Wed 9 Jul 2014
at 02:02
Re: Festival Day 2
when dustil flips up the top of the silver compass it emits a faint glow. A gold needle starts to spin around. wildly at first and then it starts to slow. It bounces back and forth and doesn't quite seem to settle down. Spread all around the glass face of the compass are little pin pricks of light; some are brighter than others.

Alright so in order to properly use the compass you need to make some checks. use magic device will help but isn't needed. Knowledge geography can help, as can survival, profession sailor. If you feel something else makes sense and would help feel free to make it and say why. If I agree it'll help. If I don't it won't and if i think it's crazy it'll be a minus.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 564 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 9 Jul 2014
at 02:06
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil's eyes widened as he looked at the compass. After a moment, he frowned and handed it to Aden. "Whaddya make o'this? It's spinnin' all around. No instructions that I see either."
Aden Bero
 player, 640 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Wed 9 Jul 2014
at 12:00
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden looks it over.  He had some practice with magic devices over the years, much to his aunt and her arcane lover's frustration.

Use Magic Device 24
Mr. Main
 GM, 801 posts
Thu 10 Jul 2014
at 00:10
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden plays with the compass, twisting a dial, twisting the core of the compass within it's own case and adjusting a how a steel needle, right next to the golden one, faces. He is unable to tell what the difference in the intensity of the little pin pricks of light mean, but aden finally manages to get the gold needle to stop bouncing and point in a single direction. It seems to align with one of the small points of light and it seems to be pointing towards the Arena.
Morien
 player, 447 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 10 Jul 2014
at 06:04
Re: Festival Day 2
 Well, it looks like you made it work. Want to head back in while we're still here?
Aden Bero
 player, 642 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Thu 10 Jul 2014
at 19:48
Re: Festival Day 2
"Aye, lets head back in." Aden makes for the arena.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 33 posts
Fri 11 Jul 2014
at 00:43
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 477):

Drazgar walks with them sipping from his everful mug.
Yanyeeku
 player, 10 posts
Fri 11 Jul 2014
at 13:14
Re: Festival Day 2
"Might I take a look? I might be able to help a bit with that." Yanyeeku murmured as he examined  the device closely. Drawing on his magical knowledge as well as his experience with using magical  devices, he was able to point out a few ways to fine tune the compass.

23:12, Today: Yanyeeku rolled 19 using 1d20+12. Use Magic Device.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 566 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 11 Jul 2014
at 14:16
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil was less than helpful as he took a swig from his flask and peered at the compass. "Are you sure yer holdin' it the right way? Maybe y'got it upside down?"

08:15, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 4 using 1d20+3. Untrained Survival check.
Mr. Main
 GM, 803 posts
Fri 11 Jul 2014
at 21:48
Re: Festival Day 2
As you walk the gold needle bounces and shakes, but it still continues to point towards the arena. That is until you reach the heart of Arcadia. Here the needle spins once. Yanyeeku manages to help get it realigned back to pointing towards the arena, but every so often the needle bounces to the left. pointing towards one of the many entrances to the canals.
Aden Bero
 player, 643 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sat 12 Jul 2014
at 15:55
Re: Festival Day 2
"Seems like we know where to go second." Aden is referring to the canals.  He keeps on walking towards the arena.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 34 posts
Sat 12 Jul 2014
at 18:07
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 482):

Drazgar shrugs.

"twould be more comfortable to the eyes. Less comfortable to the nose."
Aden Bero
 player, 644 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sat 12 Jul 2014
at 18:17
Re: Festival Day 2
"The canals are really nice, actually.  They have magic beacons regularly placed, which purify the water and air.  But the arena is a marvel in itself, if you ask me."

"I'm guessing you're not originally from Arcadia? Me either."
It seemed an obvious question, considering Drazgar's race.  Aden didn't figure many drow were born above ground.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 35 posts
Sat 12 Jul 2014
at 18:21
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 484):

Drazgar smiles.

"I am from a Neardark city just below Arcadia. Being so close our fortunes are closely tied."
Aden Bero
 player, 645 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sat 12 Jul 2014
at 18:42
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden nods thoughtfully, inquiring "What's it like down there?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 804 posts
Sat 12 Jul 2014
at 19:00
Re: Festival Day 2
As is the case for just about anywhere in the city, the walk to the Arena from The Heat of Arcadia is not long. once you near the arena, but not quite enter it the gold needle starts bouncing again...

OOC: ok so Aden and anyone trying to assist him must make a perception check, a wisdom check and some check they feel would assist in using the compass.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 36 posts
Sat 12 Jul 2014
at 23:19
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 487):

Drazgar follows along letting the trackers track.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 567 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 13 Jul 2014
at 05:50
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil wanted to be helpful, he really did. It was in his nature as he was mostly a nice guy. But he really wanted to try out the Gauntlet again even though he was pretty tired from the arena battle. He failed to stifle a yawn and then pointed with his other hand. "That way?"

23:48, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 19 using 1d20+11. Perception check - compass help.
23:48, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 12 using 1d20+3. Wisdom check - compass help if needed.

Yanyeeku
 player, 11 posts
Sun 13 Jul 2014
at 06:19
Re: Festival Day 2
Yanyeeku was continuing to keep a close watch on the compass, occasionally looking up at where the compass pointed. He noted down the canals, remembering they'd need to check it out later, before doing his utmost to use his knowledge of magical devices to ensure the compass did exactly what they needed it to.

16:16, Today: Yanyeeku rolled 22 using 1d20+7. Perception Check - Compass Help.

16:17, Today: Yanyeeku rolled 10 using 1d20. Wisdom Check - Compass Help.
16:18, Today: Yanyeeku rolled 32 using 1d20+12. Use Magic Device - Compass Help. Woo! Natural 20!

Morien
 player, 448 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 13 Jul 2014
at 07:36
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien trudged along quietly after the group, the clanking of his metal armor the only sound he made. He had no idea how to use the compass and nothing particularly constructive to add. Instead, he stared off at nothing in particular, his mind wandering... to dark places judging from the looks on his face.
Aden Bero
 player, 646 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sun 13 Jul 2014
at 13:39
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden was intent on the compass, ignoring anything else going on around them.

08:37, Today: Aden Bero rolled 24 using 1d20+9. use magic device.
08:37, Today: Aden Bero rolled 7 using 1d20. Wisdom check.
08:37, Today: Aden Bero rolled 6 using 1d20+4. Perception check.

Mr. Main
 GM, 805 posts
Sun 13 Jul 2014
at 14:23
Re: Festival Day 2


Aden and Yanyeeku both fidget with the compass adjusting, re-orientating and manipulating the various knobs, protrusions and navigational aides on it. The gold needle now points away from the arena and down the road toward.

OOC: knowledge local, knowledge geography, wisdom or intelligence checks to figure out what in the general direction it is now pointing.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 37 posts
Sun 13 Jul 2014
at 17:08
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 493):

Drazgar follows along.






Wisdom Check(1d20+2): 15, Intelligence Check(1d20+3): 17

This message was last edited by the player at 17:16, Sun 13 July 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 647 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sun 13 Jul 2014
at 17:12
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden wondered why it had brought them to the arena, if only to turn them another direction.

He didn't press Drazgar regarding what his home in the "near dark" was like.  If the drow didn't wish to speak of such things with a man he'd just met, Aden would drop it.

12:10, Today: Aden Bero rolled 10 using 1d20. wisdom.
12:10, Today: Aden Bero rolled 16 using 1d20+2. Intelligence.

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 38 posts
Mon 14 Jul 2014
at 02:51
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 495):

Drazgar sighs.

"If I remember correctly from the maps I read over while being beaten by the Matron Mother. I beleive the compass is leading us to the center of Arcadia."
Aden Bero
 player, 648 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Mon 14 Jul 2014
at 05:27
Re: Festival Day 2
"Aye, towards the docks and warehouses, where the river bisects the city center.  Let's be off then."  Aden starts following the compass.
Yanyeeku
 player, 12 posts
Mon 14 Jul 2014
at 07:12
Re: Festival Day 2
Yanyeeku kept an eye on the compass, watching it carefully in the event it would need a change as the party followed the compass to their destination.

17:11, Today: Yanyeeku rolled 19 using 1d20+8. Local.
17:12, Today: Yanyeeku rolled 19 using 1d20+4. Geography.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 568 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 14 Jul 2014
at 17:58
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil looked around and frowned. It seemed like the compass was leading them around on a wild goose chase....or maybe they just didn't know what the hell they were doing with it!

"Hey...maybe we should just head to the person we wanted to talk to or head towards the Gauntlet? We seem t'be just....runnin' around an' not sure that's really gettin' us anywhere, y'know?"

He took another sip from his new large flask.

11:57, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 5 using 1d20+3. Wisdom check.
Aden Bero
 player, 649 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 00:35
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden's response sounded a little surprised, but also kidding around, per usual. "I thought monks were supposed to be all patient, climbing a mountain so they can say 'ohm' while balancing a dandelion on their nose...?  Or is that just the sober ones?"

"But honestly, this is a democracy, so whatever y'all want to do.  But these tokens aren't going to find themselves, and there's plenty of daylight left for the gauntlet.  Hell, we don't even need daylight for the gauntlet, but I bet it helps finding whatever these things look like."


In other words, whatever everyone wants is fine by Aden.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 39 posts
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 00:59
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 500):

Drazgar thinks and this time it almost looks painful.


"From what I understand, Tokens could be helpful. So I say contiune."
Mr. Main
 GM, 806 posts
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 01:32
Re: Festival Day 2
As you guys follow the compass you find yourselves in one of the seedier areas of the city near the docks. While not run down the whole area has a gritty and used up vibe to them. Most of the buildings seem in overall good repair, but are drab and dreary. If you were being generous you could say they favored a function over form aesthetic, but that would imply that who ever built these buildings actually considered their appearance.

 The traffic here is light and the people who are walking down the streets only give you a brief glance before continuing on their way. Like they were just making sure such a heavily armed group wasn't about to start some trouble. As they pass each of them has at least one hand in a pocket, hidden under their cloak or otherwise out of sight. Other than an occasional glance to make sure they know where you are no one pays you much mind. No greetings, no nods, not even any sort of eye contact.
Aden Bero
 player, 650 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 02:12
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden looked around, surveying the scene. "Looks like as good a place as any to get jumped.  No one would probably look twice to care.  Perhaps we should give each other a little room?  Me and Yanyeeku stay close to figure this compass out, everyone else 15 foot spacing?"  Aden didn't really know what to expect, or how far the other teams might be willing to go to get this compass.
Morien
 player, 450 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 08:30
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien chuckled to himself. "I actually think I may have an idea where this thing is leading us. I had planned on coming back this way when I had a little more coin in my pockets. That said, I'm not so certain we should spread ourselves so thin here."
Aden Bero
 player, 653 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 15:51
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden reconsidered, agreeing with Morien.  A stealthy pickpocket was more likely than a Mage hurling blast attacks.  They should stay close and keep an eye out. And keep the people with the compass in the middle of the group.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 569 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 15:59
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil gave Aden a very odd look. "You've met me, right? You must be thinkin' o'some other types o'monks. Y'know, ones who don't practice the drunken fightin' style." He shook his head and chuckled.

He kept a wary eye out as he followed those attempting to follow the compass. He didn't spread out at all, at least not more than 10 feet or so.

09:58, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 25 using 1d20+11. Perception.
Mr. Main
 GM, 808 posts
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 22:59
Re: Festival Day 2
You keep walking towards the docks, albeit going a little more slowly and making sure to keep aware of your surroundings as well as letting everyone else known through your positioning and body language that some of you have something important and the others are just itching for someone to try and take it.

OOC ok just to make things a little more clear to me, who is actively holding/using the compass currently? who ever it is is going to need to make a perception check and either a use magic device, intelligence or wisdom check. If you have survival, knowledge geography, profession: sailor, or any skill/ability that helps with navigation you add a +1 for each. One person may assist the "user" of the compass for this check.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 570 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 16 Jul 2014
at 15:09
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil's head tilted to the side slightly as he saw something several times. He made a mental note of it to ask about later. He didn't think it would be a good idea to talk about it in their current environment. He glanced at the compass and then back out again.
Yanyeeku
 player, 15 posts
Thu 17 Jul 2014
at 18:28
Re: Festival Day 2
Yanyeeku had taken the compass at some point to allow Aden's hands to be free as the group walked through the district. He was more focused on the compass but did look up from time to time to make sure they weren't going to walk into something stupid.

04:27, Today: Yanyeeku rolled 24 using 1d20+7. Perception.

04:26, Today: Yanyeeku rolled 15 using 1d20+12. Use Magic Device.

Get a 17 on perception, a 3 on UMD. Fun.

Aden Bero
 player, 656 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Fri 18 Jul 2014
at 04:32
Re: Festival Day 2
Trying to assist Yanyeeku, Aden finds himself pretty distracted.

23:31, Today: Aden Bero rolled 5 using 1d20+4. perception.
23:31, Today: Aden Bero rolled 12 using 1d20+9. use magic device.

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 43 posts
Fri 18 Jul 2014
at 04:35
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 510):

OOC: yeah, Yanyeeku should "use" the compass. Ha Ha Ha.
Morien
 player, 451 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 18 Jul 2014
at 09:31
Re: Festival Day 2
 Knowing what kind of place this area is, Morien kept a sharp eye out on both his surroundings and the compass.

04:30, Today: Morien rolled 19 using 1d20+2. int.

04:30, Today: Morien rolled 21 using 1d20+2. perception.
Mr. Main
 GM, 809 posts
Fri 18 Jul 2014
at 20:36
Re: Festival Day 2
The gold needle wavers a bit, but continues to point in the same general direction. towards the docks.


OOC: don't freak out guys It's a compass so it's not really all that hard to use. dc 15 has the needle pointing in the general direction of the nearest emblem. that said it is a compass and not a dragon ball "radar". The past few checks have beaten the basic usage dc by so much, generally +10, that I kinda let it lead you around; but that's really not how you use a compass.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 44 posts
Fri 18 Jul 2014
at 23:56
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 513):

Drazgar follows along assuming the 'compass users' are good at orienteering.
Morien
 player, 452 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 19 Jul 2014
at 06:35
Re: Festival Day 2
PM

This message was last edited by the player at 06:35, Sat 19 July 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 657 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sat 19 Jul 2014
at 18:20
Re: Festival Day 2
The group heads on towards the docks, Yanyeeku and Aden keeping an eye on the compass.
Mr. Main
 GM, 810 posts
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 01:05
Re: Festival Day 2
You all continue forward towards the docks. After a couple minutes the road curves around a large nondescript building that looks kinda like a warehouse. You can see what looks like a knot of drunken sailors stumbling down the road heading further into the city (basically heading the direction you just came from) the are bumping, shoving, shouting, cursing, joking and generally being obnoxious with each other. They obviously have been drinking for a while already. They take up the entire road as the walk; occasionally shoving other pedestrians out of their way as they move.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 45 posts
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 02:23
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 517):

Drazgar stands in the middle of the road waiting for this group of drunken soldiers.
Aden Bero
 player, 659 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 05:15
Re: Festival Day 2
"Let's stand to the side and let them pass.  Probably just looking came to port and looking to blow off some steam, no reason for us to stand in their way or vice-versa."

If these guys forced a fight, they'd regret it.  But Aden didn't see any reason to ask for it.  He motioned for the others to back off and give the sailors some room.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 46 posts
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 05:43
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 519):

Drazgar sighs as he steps to the side.


"Fine, I guess I won't teach them to respect other peoples freedom to live their lives unharrased."
Morien
 player, 453 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 08:44
Re: Festival Day 2
 Even Morien steps to the side to let the soldiers pass. While he waits, he takes a peek at the compass, just to see what direction it's pointing to.
Yanyeeku
 player, 16 posts
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 08:49
Re: Festival Day 2
Yanyeeku moved to the side to give the sailor's more room, he continued watching the compass carefully, but kept an eye on  the drunks to make sure he was prepared if they tried to do anything unpleasant.
Aden Bero
 player, 660 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 13:20
Re: Festival Day 2
Drazgar In'lyndl:
Drazgar sighs as he steps to the side. "Fine, I guess I won't teach them to respect other peoples freedom to live their lives unharrased."


"They probably deserve a good ass kicking.  Odds are, they'll find it, as feisty as this city is of late.  But we have to pick our battles.  And we're also ambassadors for our city."  Still, Arcadians didn't take shit.  So, as ambassadors, if the sailors wanted a row bad enough, they'd find one.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 571 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 18:22
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil grinned at Aden. The sailors were drunk which was Dustil's style, but they were being rude to people which wasn't. He raised an eyebrow, however, and silently stepped back to allow the rowdy men to pass. Likely, he wouldn't say anything as they walked by either. Probably.
Mr. Main
 GM, 812 posts
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 21:14
Re: Festival Day 2
The sailors strut past your group without incident. Almost entirely ignoring you; their focus on themselves and their own tomfoolerly.

OOC: make perception checks. Anyone who gets 20 or higher make a sense motive, wisdom or intelligence check.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 47 posts
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 21:56
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 525):

Perception rolled 9+7= 16 Destroying Dice Roller now.
Aden Bero
 player, 661 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 22:31
Re: Festival Day 2
17:30, Today: Aden Bero rolled 19 using 1d20+5. Perception.
Yanyeeku
 player, 17 posts
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 22:38
Re: Festival Day 2
Whilst they appeared to be ignoring him, Yanyeeku kept an eye on the sailors warily, concerned about anything that might spring up from this.

08:38, Today: Yanyeeku rolled 22 using 1d20+7. Perception.

16:07, Today: Yanyeeku rolled 4 using 1d20+2. Intelligence.

Nnnope.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:07, Mon 21 July 2014.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 572 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 21 Jul 2014
at 05:38
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil kept his silence, but kept a wary eye out just to be on the safe side.

23:37, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 20 using 1d20+11. Perception check - What can you do with a drunken sailor?
23:37, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 14 using 1d20+9. Sensing the motives.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 573 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 22 Jul 2014
at 01:59
Re: Festival Day 2
He leaned over slightly to Aden and Morien, stage-whispering. "Methinks the drunken rudeboys be 'bout t'get a bit...lighter...on their feet." He gave an amused snort.

Normally he had no use for thieves and pickpockets but...
Aden Bero
 player, 662 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Tue 22 Jul 2014
at 03:24
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden tensed, readying for their rush. To Yanyeeku he whispered, "Hold the compass tight"
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 48 posts
Tue 22 Jul 2014
at 03:35
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 531):

Drazgar hears the whispers and smiles.

"Let's Dance."
Mr. Main
 GM, 813 posts
Tue 22 Jul 2014
at 04:25
Re: Festival Day 2
The sailors continue on their way obnoxious as ever. completely ignoring anything that isn't one of their number or is at least 70 proof. After about a minute the street and everyone on it seems to return to normal. IE everyone making a point to mind their own damn business.
Yanyeeku
 player, 18 posts
Tue 22 Jul 2014
at 06:05
Re: Festival Day 2
Yanyeeku's grip on the compass was tight as he kept an eye on the shadows somewhat nervously. Sure he might be worrying about nothing, but best to not take risks especially with something as important as this.

He nodded at Aden's advice, murmuring an assent.
Aden Bero
 player, 663 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Tue 22 Jul 2014
at 12:02
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden eased up just a bit as the sailors mosied past.  If Dustil had seen something, Aden was still suspicious.  "They could be waiting up ahead while another tries to pick our pocket and run to them.   Lets keep a tight formation round our bard." Aden guarded  Yanyeeku from behind.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 49 posts
Tue 22 Jul 2014
at 13:21
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 535):

Drazgar stays in front of the bard although his definition of tight seems a little loose.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 574 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 22 Jul 2014
at 13:34
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil glanced at Drazgar at the dance comment, blinking several times. Clearly the Drow has misinterpreted what he was saying, but Aden seemed to catch on. He gave Aden a nod. "The sailors're definitely less attentive targets, but sure we can watch for light fingers wand'rin' too close."
Morien
 player, 454 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 03:39
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien watched the exchange passively for a few moments longer. "I don't know about you all, but I'm getting a bit thirsty. Why don't we take a break for a little bit until the potential for trouble passes?"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 575 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 03:42
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil looked at Morien. Then he looked at his new flask. Then he offered it to Morien. "It's just ale but...you can have some. We're buds."
Morien
 player, 455 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 05:33
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien chuckled. "Not really what I meant. Put in plainer terms, I think I know who has the emblem we need."
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 50 posts
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 05:58
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Morien (msg # 540):

Drazgar looks to Morien and smiles.


"Really, Friend Dwarf, share your insight with us."
Morien
 player, 456 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 09:50
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien stares blankly at Drazgar for several moments, working his jaw silently in an effort to try and respond. When he finally did, his voice was more than mildly irritated. "Dwarf?!? Do I look like a dwarf to you? What exactly about me makes you think I'm a dwarf?"

 Morien seethed for several more moments before turning around and heading toward a building. "I hope you have either coin or information to barter with. This guy lover to learn things about people."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 576 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 12:30
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil blinked several times and stood stock still. Then he burst out laughing with a loud whoop, as he couldn't contain it anymore. He laughed for over a moment, every time he looked at Morien or Drazgar. Finally, he quieted down and composed himself once more, with another sip from his flask.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 51 posts
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 14:59
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 543):
Drazgar thinks About information he has.
Aden Bero
 player, 665 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Thu 24 Jul 2014
at 23:37
Re: Festival Day 2
If Morien was right, and the compass was leading them to this gossip-monger, Aden was ready to enter and get the token.
Morien
 player, 457 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 25 Jul 2014
at 07:01
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien led the group to a strange alleyway and an unmarked door. He pauses for several moments, trying to remember the correct series of knocks that had been used to gain entry last time... but he was too annoyed last time to remember much. Instead, he simply beat on the door with his fist.

01:54, Today: Morien rolled 4 using 1d20+2. int remember pattern.
Mr. Main
 GM, 814 posts
Fri 25 Jul 2014
at 21:53
Re: Festival Day 2
After a moment a small hatch high up on the door slides open allowing a rather large man, well you kinda sorta think it's a man. Whatever it is it's large, ugly and scowling at you. "Seen that armor before. Watcha want?"
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 52 posts
Sat 26 Jul 2014
at 00:06
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 547):

Drazgar steps up trying to be as menacing as possible. Drazgar then remember he doesn't know what he wants and looks to Aden.


"Yes, friend, what do we want."
Morien
 player, 458 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 26 Jul 2014
at 06:18
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien smirks. "I need to speak with Brutus Dirklyn."
Mr. Main
 GM, 815 posts
Sat 26 Jul 2014
at 12:49
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: Make a diplomacy, intimidate, bluff or some other type or persuasion check.
Aden Bero
 player, 666 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sat 26 Jul 2014
at 14:41
Re: Festival Day 2
"We have something of interest to him."

09:41, Today: Aden Bero rolled 12 using 1d20+10. diplomacy.
Mr. Main
 GM, 816 posts
Sat 26 Jul 2014
at 22:10
Re: Festival Day 2
Shame I ain't him. I remember faces not names. So if that's all beat it."
Aden Bero
 player, 667 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sat 26 Jul 2014
at 23:51
Re: Festival Day 2
Assuming Arcadian coinage has faces on it, Aden flashes a gold piece and says "Maybe you'll remember this face, then?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 817 posts
Sun 27 Jul 2014
at 00:25
Re: Festival Day 2
"Yeah, seen a lot of him."
Morien
 player, 459 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 27 Jul 2014
at 02:13
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien doesn't have much money left... nor does he necessarily feel that threatening the doorman would be beneficial in any way. Instead, he steps aside to let the others try.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 579 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 28 Jul 2014
at 03:11
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil gave a deep frown. He wasn't so sure that the man was bucking for a bribe, or at least maybe not the only reason. But he wasn't sure, and didn't know who this was, who they were here for and what this place was. So he couldn't easily say.

21:02, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 15 using 1d20+9. Sense Motive.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 580 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 28 Jul 2014
at 03:47
Re: Festival Day 2
After a moment, Dustil spoke up quietly to Aden and Morien. "Perhaps more is required, or we could offer to trade information or something? I don't know who this is, though."
Mr P
 GM, 39 posts
 'Dems the rules... good
 thing i make the rules
Mon 28 Jul 2014
at 04:01
Re: Festival Day 2
"Amateurs... I seen you before. You're the champions right? How bout this, I will pass a message to someone who might speak to Mr. Dirklyn. But he's a busy man and I'm not for sale like some chumps you might know. So stop being so blatant and leave your message..."

The slot on the door begins to slide closed. It seems obvious that he's only listening for a moment.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:02, Mon 28 July 2014.

Morien
 player, 460 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 28 Jul 2014
at 05:25
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien growled slightly under his breath. Beating around the bush like this irritated him. "I need answers to questions and the only person I know of who might be able to answer them is Mr. Dirklyn."
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 53 posts
Mon 28 Jul 2014
at 14:27
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Morien (msg # 559):

Drazgar backs away from Morien. Some people just don't understand.
Mr. Main
 GM, 820 posts
Mon 28 Jul 2014
at 23:36
Re: Festival Day 2
As the slot on the door is just about the slide shut a cane pokes out and stops it.

"But...fine." You hear a light grunt and then the wizened, jaundiced, wrinkly, liver spotted face of a bald old man appears.

"Listen young man this is simply not how one does business here. I appreciate the impatience and enthusiasm of youth, but the direct approach is not always the fastest or easiest. You would do well to learn that. This is a place that values discretion and subtlety. Declaring your goal and intentions for all the world to hear does just that. It's hard enough to plan and maneuver without others knowing how you are going to move. last time you where here why did you come? how did you get in? where did you meet with whoever you wanted to talk to." The old man's face is removed from the open slot and after a few seconds the doorman's reappears in it.

"If that's all please move on..."

OOC: last chance guys.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:08, Tue 29 July 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 669 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Tue 29 Jul 2014
at 01:03
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden looked to Morien.  The frozen warrior was the only one that had been here before, and he'd told them little enough about what might get them through the door.  Information?  Aden knew a little gossip regarding recent killers on the loose, and their murdered victims.  He wasn't sure that information was of much use here, and little more to offer.
Morien
 player, 461 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 29 Jul 2014
at 08:00
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien's face turns stone cold but then he turns and starts to walk away... once he is around twenty feet away, he punches a wall in frustration.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:10, Tue 29 July 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 670 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Tue 29 Jul 2014
at 11:36
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden gives it one last shot in the dark.  "We know of a recent embarrassment to an extremely powerful family here in Arcadia.  And we know how to either accentuate that embarrassment, or use it to gain their favor."

He spoke of the sword they had taken off the bratty young noble during the race that qualified them to compete.  Martin & Kern had told them of the expense in crafting it, how not returning it would draw the ire of the merchant noble.  Surely the sword could be used for many purposes.  It was a bargaining chip, at the very least.
Mr. Main
 GM, 822 posts
Tue 29 Jul 2014
at 21:18
Re: Festival Day 2
"Yer not the brightest bunch are ya? We don't want ta know what yer particular business is or who ya want ta do it with. I went out of my way ta say I remember faces not names and then the elder gentleman tried to enlighten ya even further. think a bit, maybe even sleep on it, and come back later once you've figured it out."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 582 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 29 Jul 2014
at 21:33
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil shrugged and turned away from the door. He then began stepping back out into the night but stopped a little ways away for the rest to catch up to him. He deliberately kept his silence for the moment.
Aden Bero
 player, 671 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Tue 29 Jul 2014
at 22:43
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden too was over it.  He turned away, ready to be moving on to something else.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 583 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 29 Jul 2014
at 22:50
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil quietly muttered to Aden when the man stepped closer.  He let out a quiet and not-so-amused sounding chuckle.

He looked around. "Next target? Or Gauntlet?"
Morien
 player, 462 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 30 Jul 2014
at 07:08
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien stood in the road a few feet away rubbing the bridge of his nose between his thumb and two fingers. His shoulders were slumped forward. When the group approached, Morien spoke but he didn't look at the rest of the group. His voice was quiet, strained, and defeated. "Jayce... he was the one who brought me here after that fiasco with Luther. I learned much that day... but not how to get in."

 He paused for several long moments. "Jayce saved me after I was nearly killed in the streets... I was the last person to see him alive. He was working for someone as a guide to the city... and there's only one person I know of who might know who."

 Morien steals a brief glimpse at the door before turning back around.
Aden Bero
 player, 672 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Fri 1 Aug 2014
at 12:38
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden whispered back to Dustil, "Nah,I was tempted to throw a flash bomb through through the doorslit, myself."

To Morien, "Can you tell us exactly what happened when Jayce brought you here?"

"I suppose I'm ready for the gauntlet.  I could use a good sauna room, and a lava pit with swinging blades is the next best thing.  How do we plan to get past that minotaur?  Melee or stealth?  Fog, or anything that let's us get close or move around is definitely going to help.  Otherwise he's too quick and precise with that swinging ball and chain.

Yanyeeku
 player, 20 posts
Sat 2 Aug 2014
at 02:08
Re: Festival Day 2
"Actually, I might be able to get you past the minotaur." The bard smiled. "I have a few ways to help persuade it to let us pass. Failing that, I will ensure that it's going to be impaired, severely, in its attempts to fight us."

The iron fan was out and he was fanning himself lazily with it as he spoke, at least sounding somewhat confident in his skills.
Morien
 player, 463 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 2 Aug 2014
at 07:50
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien sighed as he took off his backpack. "He brought me here to lift my spirits, partially. Also, I think he wanted me to meet Mr. Dirklyn. This place is a... kvinnahus... a house of women. I learned about the emblems in the tournament here.

 Something has been gnawing at me, so I had hoped to see Mr. Dirklyn about it. Jayce said he was doing an easy job for a lot of money, serving as a tour guide for a rich man, possibly a noble..... the other thing that has been bothering me is the knife. I had hoped Mr. Dirklyn could commission something for me... something we could use to make certain that none of us are killed by the one that has been doing this."


 He unlatches the solid iron harpoon he's been carrying across his back this entire time. "Anyway, if all else fails, we can use this. It's what I bought it for."
Aden Bero
 player, 673 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sat 2 Aug 2014
at 08:28
Re: Festival Day 2
"Yanyeeku, you're welcome to try.  Just remember this minotaur is a beast, and is super quick and deadly with that ball and chain." (it has combat reflexes, hence fog/smoke being helpful.  or if we could blind it.)

"A house of women, eh?" Aden looked a little regretful they hadn't gotten in, though he could usually find entertainment without having to pay.  And couldn't really afford to pay. This reminded him that he had a debt to collect with a certain red-haired fire sorceress.  "If you end up remembering how Jayce got you in, let us know. I guess they enjoy riddles. Maybe if we'd told them Jayce is dead...." Aden looked disgusted, remembering the murder scene from that morning.

"And yeah, the harpoon could help.  We've got to plunge it into the minotaur first though.  Then, as you said, I could heat the metal.  Tam's lightning would've been nice."
Morien
 player, 464 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 2 Aug 2014
at 09:33
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien sighed. Clearly the murder was weighing heavily on his mind. He looked off at nothing in particular. "I was actually thinking of using the spider webs in our favor. If we had a summonable creature, it would be best. Then we could tie the rope to the summon and stick the summon to the web, giving us enough room to get past him without the need to fight. Of course, then we lose the harpoon."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 585 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 2 Aug 2014
at 13:45
Re: Festival Day 2
"S'alright. We'll figure out this place next time." Dustil thought for a moment. "Well, do we want me stayin' back this time, or goin' in toe t'toe again? I can try an' stun 'im, though I don't have many o'those left t'day an' he's resistant I think." He grinned and tapped his amulet. "I do, however, now have a shockin' surprise when I hit 'im."
Aden Bero
 player, 674 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sat 2 Aug 2014
at 15:13
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden considered what both men said.  To Morien, he replied, "Can any of us cast summon spells?  And is the duration of the summon long enough? Is the summon strong enough to hold the rope while we, what, hold on and shimmy across?  What's the harpoon attached to while the summon holds the rope? And what prevents the minotaur from just unattaching the harpoon, or waiting by the exit to pulverize us as we're trying to get up from the webbing?"

To Dustil, he replied, smiling, "Sounds like you're ready to use your new toys.   I've got a few new tricks up my sleeve also."
Morien
 player, 465 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 3 Aug 2014
at 08:57
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien shrugged. "I have some summoning ability, you've seen it before... but my minions aren't strong enough to hold them by itself... which is why I suggested using the spider web. I can tie the rope to the summon and stick it to the web, forcing it to break the strength of the web before it can get loose.

 A minotaur is shaped like a human from the waist up. There is a spot on its back that, just like a person, it nearly impossible to reach. I have lousy aim, but you do not, Aden. If you can hit him dead in that spot, then he cannot pull the harpoon out. If we can lure him at least to 20ft from the edge, then we can tie my summon with enough slack taken up to prevent him from taking up the whole room.

 Then we have until the minotaur kills my minion to get past him... which is around six seconds."

Yanyeeku
 player, 21 posts
Sun 3 Aug 2014
at 12:44
Re: Festival Day 2
"He might be fast and tough, but I don't necessarily need to be nearby to engage in magical compulsion. What's his reach with his weapon?" He shrugged. "Unless he's strong of will, he won't be able to resist either. If it works, then he'll let us past. Otherwise I can buy us and the summon some extra time."
He tilted his head thoughtfully to the side, frowning slightly. "Failing that, I can ensure that he finds holding on to that weapon somewhat difficult. I can'd do anything to protect us unfortunately, most of my spells are to sabotage the enemy or are compulsions."
Morien
 player, 466 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 4 Aug 2014
at 06:52
Re: Festival Day 2
 "He has a pretty significant reach, around 25 feet if I remember correctly."
Aden Bero
 player, 675 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Mon 4 Aug 2014
at 15:05
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden continued, "the harpoon/summons should be a backup plan, because its complicated.  Yanyeeku, does the Minotaur have to see you, or just hear you to be entranced?  If he just has to hear you, then I recommend we smoke/fog the place out, you try to distract him while the rest of us sneak around.  That way we don't distract him from your performance."

Ooc: almost accidentally posted "or just head you to be entranced" :|
Yanyeeku
 player, 22 posts
Mon 4 Aug 2014
at 16:27
Re: Festival Day 2
"Well we have a couple of options for me to try." He held up four fingers. "First is the option you were considering, entrancing him with my performance. Unfortunately doing so requires him to be able to both see and hear me; it's just as much about how you look as it is about how you sound. However, as you mentioned, you may end up distracting from the performance unfortunately." The first finger went down as he continued.

"Second, I can attempt to induce hysterical laughter into him. It will be difficult as humour can translate... Oddly between species. Of the three options, this is the least likely to succeed. However, if it does, it will completely incapacitate him for about twenty-four seconds." The second finger went down.

"Thirdly, and most likely to succeed... Is probably the most unpleasant option. I am capable of making him feel very very ill. Probably messily so. He'll still be able to move around, but I doubt he'll be up to doing anything else. This will also work for about the same time as the laughter. But if he blocks the pathway out, we'll still need to move him." The third finger went down and he hesitated.

"There's a fourth option, but it's not only the least effective, but still fairly unlikely to succeed. I can make his weapon slippery so he finds it difficult, if not impossible, to grasp." The fourth suggestion seemed almost to be an afterthought.

He tilted his head to the side again, thinking. "Do you know if he understood Common at all? Or what languages he could understand? If he can understand one that I know, I can just compel him to let us past. It is about as likely to be successful as making him sick is, but it would be the best option if it is open to us."
Aden Bero
 player, 677 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Mon 4 Aug 2014
at 16:34
Re: Festival Day 2
"His common is excellent.  He seems like a bookworm....that can pulverize your entire body in seconds." Aden had the feeling Yanyeeku would be the MVP of the Minotaur encounter.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:35, Mon 04 Aug 2014.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 587 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 4 Aug 2014
at 16:35
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil gave a nod. "He understands Common jus' fine. He spoke with us a bit before we fought actually."
Yanyeeku
 player, 24 posts
Mon 4 Aug 2014
at 16:44
Re: Festival Day 2
"Then hopefully that will work. If all else fails, I can still provide support to increase your fighting prowess. With that, you will only need to be able to hear me to benefit from it." Yanyeeku realised quickly he'd need to point that out. Always good to have a backup plan. It hadn't occurred to him that the minotaur would be rather learned; someone like that could have stronger mental defences than expected.
Mr. Main
 GM, 831 posts
Mon 11 Aug 2014
at 23:27
Re: Festival Day 2
Having decided to leave emblem hunting for a bit the group resolves itself to tackle the gauntlet once more. So you head to the heart of Arcadia and tell the officials once more that you wish to attempt it. They blindfold you, lead you into a boat in one of the canals and take you to the secret entrance to the gauntlet...Continued in the gauntlet thread.