Festival Day 2.   Posted by Mr P.Group: 0
Dustil Kraye
 player, 457 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 17 Mar 2014
at 14:18
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil thought about it a moment and then gave an acquiescing nod of his head. He moved up to the front and began quietly making his way forward ahead of the others, but not too far ahead of Tamalie. Partially, because he had no idea where he was going.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:19, Mon 17 Mar 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 526 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 17 Mar 2014
at 16:00
Re: Festival Day 2
Realizing Tam was setting off towards the fort, he asked, "We not going to a tower first?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 699 posts
Wed 19 Mar 2014
at 23:34
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: well as you decide where you are going. I'll move this along since they are in the same basic direction. Once again please roll survival or acrobatics checks to avoid getting a speed penalty from moving through the forest terrain. also anyone trying to be stealth please make stealth checks.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 459 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 19 Mar 2014
at 23:51
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil headed out trying to be stealthy without slowing the group down too much, letting Tamalie guide him as quietly as possible.


OOC: We are heading for the nearest tower, angling to come at the target tower but be farthest away from the other tower.

             --------------------XX         <----- Like heading over from this way
              ----------XXXX-------
             ----------XXXX-------
             ----------XXXX-------
             XX-------------------

17:46, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 18 using 1d20+9. Acrobatics check.
17:47, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 13 using 1d20+8. Stealth check.

Aden Bero
 player, 528 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 21 Mar 2014
at 01:14
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden held down his portion of their formation, creeping along stealthfully (or so attempting) and trying to keep pace with the monk and druid.  His usual nimble steps sure weren't helping him much now, though, as thick as the undergrowth of the forest was.

20:12, Today: Aden Bero rolled 14 using 1d20+6. Stealth.
20:12, Today: Aden Bero rolled 3 using 1d20. Survival: Avoid difficult terrain.
20:12, Today: Aden Bero rolled 10 using 1d20+9. Acrobatics: avoid difficult terrain.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:51, Fri 21 Mar 2014.

Morien
 player, 395 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 21 Mar 2014
at 06:21
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien grumbled and cursed under his breath as he trudged heavily through the forest, his heavy footfalls catching on every root, branch, and vine.

01:19, Today: Morien rolled 5 using 1d20+1. survival.

01:19, Today: Morien rolled 11 using 1d20-1. acrobatics.

01:19, Today: Morien rolled 13 using 1d20-2. stealth.
Tamalie
 player, 335 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 22 Mar 2014
at 19:00
Re: Festival Day 2
Continuing her way through the forest growth, Tamalie is still feeling a bit confident about the fact that the forest growth is something she's used to, and not all that frightening. That the opposing group does have what she hopes to be a disadvantage in both terrain, and lack of open field for their archers is something that she is going to depend on since brute strength is not her forte.
Mr. Main
 GM, 700 posts
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 02:06
Re: Festival Day 2
within two minutes Dustil and Tamlie near the edge of the clearing with aden not to far behind. Morien, slowed by his armor and lack of woodcraft, is catching up. He'll be with you in two rounds all of you are going at least double his speed Dustil and tame stay back a little bit in the undergrowth to maintain concealment; you can't really get a clear view of the encampment, but you can hear faintly the voices of men and the sounds of the dogs.

OOC:Stealth checks to hide and perception checks please.
Tamalie
 player, 336 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 02:14
Re: Festival Day 2
Glad to have Dustil with her, the druid looks around to see if she can see the source of the voices. She tries to be as discreet and quiet as she can manage, and gives a finger across her lips signal to Dustil to remain quiet. Her first assumption is if she can hear them, then they will be able to hear her own voice or that of her companions should they speak too loudly.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 461 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 05:28
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil stopped back from Tamalie a bit as he waited for the others to catch up. He looked around a little but mostly waited for Morien since he didn't see or hear anything too interesting yet.

OOC: Sigh. There the dice go again.
23:26, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 10 using 1d20+8. Stealth.
23:26, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 11 using 1d20+10. Perception.

Aden Bero
 player, 529 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 13:12
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden too slowed up, be he waived for Tam and Dustil to come towards him, and he moved to join them.  They needed to discuss strategy quietly, and back off the clearing edge where they might be spotted.

08:11, Today: Aden Bero rolled 18 using 1d20+4. perception.
08:11, Today: Aden Bero rolled 13 using 1d20+6. stealth.

Morien
 player, 396 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 20:46
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien grumbled as he trudged his way through the undergrowth, still far away from the rest of the group.
Mr. Main
 GM, 701 posts
Tue 25 Mar 2014
at 20:44
Re: Festival Day 2
there is no alarm raised or shouts heard so the mercs haven't noticed you just yet. the dense foliage definitely helping to keep you concealed. However it also hinders your view. You can see parts of the cottage and the guard towers but you really can't make anything out unless you move out onto the edge of the clearing where is it much more likely for you to be noticed.

OOC: basically you all are 10+ feet back from the edge of the clearing. one round has passed. You each have one action before morien catches back up. If you want a better look you need to to get a bit closer. this might be a good time to make some last minute plans. Fair warning the longer you take the more likely you are to be detected.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 462 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 25 Mar 2014
at 20:53
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil noticed that they didn't seem to have been noticed yet, but worried that they might be once Morien got closer. He crept forward to take a quick peek and see what was nearby and what cover if any they had to get to the guard tower undetected....or at least un-shot. Then he crept back to his teammates.

14:51, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 19 using 1d20+8. Stealth - taking a peek.
Mr. Main
 GM, 702 posts
Wed 26 Mar 2014
at 11:34
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil slowly and carefully creeps forward to take a peek...
Dustil Kraye
 player, 463 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 26 Mar 2014
at 14:20
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil peered about cautiously but quickly before creeping back to his allies.
Aden Bero
 player, 530 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 28 Mar 2014
at 02:03
Re: Festival Day 2
Reaching Tam and Dustil, Aden suggested in a whisper, "Tam, you'll need to speak in a strong voice when casting your spell for Dustil to spider climb., unless you're trained in casting silently.  So, I think you should both step back off the line a decent ways to cast the spell.  Meanwhile, I'll keep watch for trouble.  Then y'all return to the front, and Dustil can move out to try and secure the tower.  Hopefully silently.  If not, then I can move to the bottom of the tower's ladder, and cast Obscuring Mist to provide cover from the other tower's turret."

"I've been thinking, since I'm a decent shot, instead of Dustil sabotaging the turret, once he secures it, I should climb up and man the crossbow.  I'll cast another Obscuring Mist at the top, so that I can fire from within the cover, and provide support for you guys as you either move on the next turret, or perhaps instead move on the cottage, using its walls as cover from the other turret."

"What do you think?"

Dustil Kraye
 player, 464 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 29 Mar 2014
at 15:08
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil waited for Morien to get closer so he could talk to them all at once in a quiet voice.

"Well, this is gonna be a bit harder than we thought. They ain't patrollin' really anymore. They've gone an' turtled up, protectin' the cottage. Two men are mannin' the guard towers, one at the crossbow an' one guardin' the ladder. They've put up line o'sandbags and stakes in front o'the door with a couple of guards there to."

He paused a moment and then continued. "I think they're...still reelin' from the losses in the previous fight. They haven't replaced the dogs, unless they're inside. They're focused on defense only really."
Morien
 player, 397 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 30 Mar 2014
at 00:59
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien finally catches up to the group. After listening to Dustil, he nodded. "I thought this might be the case. Fortunately, I have a backup plan. The first part of the plan is the same. We need Dustil to disable the towers.

 Tamalie, Aden, I'll need you to take care of the guards outside and the barrier.

 After that, it's my turn. If they've turtled up, then I can soften them up and retreat. Aden, I'll need cover from you and healing from you, Tam. Once the turrets are down and I've weakened them, then we move in to finish the job... also, I could use a cover of mist inside."

Aden Bero
 player, 531 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 1 Apr 2014
at 03:43
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden nods at his companions tactical suggestions.  "Any ideas on how me and Tam take care of the obstacles?  I suppose I could use alchemist's fire and a cone of flames to char the stakes and burn away the bags, though that would still leave the sand....

As for cover, the only way I can lay down mist in the cottage is to be in there.  Tam, did you say you can actually place a cloud of fog wherever you want?  If so, placing it right inside the cottage could be helpful.  Also, me manning a turret under cover of fog, and you casting entangle on the battlefield as the enemy approaches me could be an extremely effective combination.

And Morien, I'm happy to lay down some mist on the field for you to retreat into for healing.  What I want to know is do y'all want me manning a turret, or providing mobile support?"



OOC: How tall are the crossbow towers?  Does Aden need to be proficient with an exotic weapon to effectively use the turrets?  What's the distance between forest cover to towers, and towers to cottage? 

This message was last edited by the player at 03:45, Tue 01 Apr 2014.

Morien
 player, 398 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 2 Apr 2014
at 04:57
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien smirked. "I don't know, can you man them? My big problem with that is what if you're attacked? Unfortunately, it looks like Dustil will need to disable both turrets for us to safely proceed... because there is no wind to make them less effective."
Aden Bero
 player, 532 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 2 Apr 2014
at 19:55
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden smirks back, his words rough but joking, as one might do with a fraternity brother.  "Yeah yeah yeah. Quit your crying about not getting to play with yourself in a blizzard while the rest of us froze to death.  Otherwise your tears are going to freeze your eyes shut.... Unless of course you want me to melt them for you?"

"Not sure about if I can use the turrets, but if I can, surrounded in a cloud of my own fog, I feel sorry for whoever comes climbing up there to get me."
Aden seemed pretty confident in his ability to protect himself.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 466 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 5 Apr 2014
at 23:11
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil frowned as he looked at his teammates. "What spells do you guys an' gals have handy right now? I mean, I can just go for it an' hope for the best...an' at least we won't have t'worry 'bout patrols, but the odds aren't that high with jus' an assault. We need a plan."
Morien
 player, 399 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 6 Apr 2014
at 10:23
Re: Festival Day 2
 "I can summon a few more undead... but I get the sense that they will be of little use in the battle to come. My only other spells are damaging touch spells."
Aden Bero
 player, 537 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 6 Apr 2014
at 18:57
Re: Festival Day 2
"In addition to my mist, I can project a 15' cone of flame, or a 10' radius radius spread of noise that does some damage, but can stun those in the effect radius.  It could be good for me to cast that on the interior before we rush in.  One of you could also throw my flash bomb at the same time I cast the Sound Burst, to better increase the chance that our opponents are stunned when we move in."

"As for the spikes and sandbags guarding the entrance, I don't know the best way to deal with those.  We could all chuck vials of alchemist's fire.  I also have oil to increase the effect of any flames, whether from vial or spell."