Festival Day 2.   Posted by Mr P.Group: 0
Dustil Kraye
 player, 527 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 19:18
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil's eyes narrowed and he tilted his head to the side. "Trinket. We don't want a trinket. We want the compass. Where is the compass."
Mr. Main
 GM, 767 posts
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 19:35
Re: Festival Day 2
"Heh. Slippery and sharp." Turgen reaches into a small well sealed pouch at his side and pulls out the compass. "I never said I'd let ya have the compass, but honestly I'm sick of this job. Take it."

Some of his men look shocked and a little angry too. Turgen notices. "Deception is one of the basic tenents of war and sometimes ya got to fool yer allies before ya can fool yer enemies. Now quit yer glaring and get the hell out of here before that fire makes all of ya even uglier!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:44, Thu 12 June 2014.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 528 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 19:48
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil smiled at the half-orc's cleverness. "Sneaky." He reverently took the compass in both hands and gave Turgen another bow. "We will hurry t'the startin' zone so the match'll end an' the fire'll go away. Please get yer men t'safety fer now." He turned but tossed over his shoulder, "If that job offer's still open, I can be found at the Drunken Monkey."

He nodded to his companions. "Aden, let's you an' me run fer the victory spot since we're the fastest, yah? Morien, you an' Tam get outta this fire an' smoke 'til we can get it gone. Agreed?"

This message was last edited by the player at 19:48, Thu 12 June 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 600 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 22:10
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden smiled at the exchange.  Turgen and his men had proven both hardy and honorable opponents. "Well met Blackswords. I wish you safe travels and victorious battles."

"Aye Dustil.  Let's outrun this fire and toast to another day of victory when we're clear. Morien, Tam, stay low in the cottage, and keep your nose and mouth covered with wet cloth.  We'll see you soon.  And try not to melt Ice Bucket.  We all know you lose your cool when things get a little heated."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:26, Thu 12 June 2014.

Mr. Main
 GM, 768 posts
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 22:31
Re: Festival Day 2
"Or instead of being idiots we all could leave. the fire is spreading quick, but if we move fast we can get clear before it encircles us." turgen comments as he takes one of the unconscious mercs over his shoulders. while you have been talking his men have ditched all their armor. and gathered up the pieces of the one dead guy and the second unconscious one. Turgen and his men then begin to march double time out of the clearing through the quickly dwindling clear path.

if you hustle most of you will definitely get out. Morien since he's speed is only 20 will need to make 3 constitution checks or he will fall behind.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 529 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 23:43
Re: Festival Day 2
"I did say that you should all get t'safety, not stay here."

Dustil carefully wrapped the compass up in his blanket and then stowed it in his pack. Assuming neither Morien nor Tamalie dissented or had anything else to say, he then got his bearings (asking Tam to make sure he got the direction right) and then took off at a dead run as fast as he could go in the forest without dying towards the "finish line".
Morien
 player, 428 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 13 Jun 2014
at 00:58
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien grumbled. He had no intention of remaining in a burning forest for any longer than he needed to be. He sent Tamalie on with the rest of the group and did his best to keep up. However, he quickly falls behind the rest of the group as he begins choking on the smoke.

19:57, Today: Morien rolled 8 using 1d20+1. con 3.
19:56, Today: Morien rolled 14 using 1d20+1. con 2.
19:56, Today: Morien rolled 4 using 1d20+1. con 1.
Mr. Main
 GM, 769 posts
Fri 13 Jun 2014
at 01:14
Re: Festival Day 2
morien is quickly outpaced by the others, but he keeps trudging along despite his fatigue. He manages to escape the flames but not unscathed. Morien takes 18 fire damage and is fatigued. He joins the rest of you on the outside of the forest. Now that you are out it looks a whole heck of a lot smaller than it felt...
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 8 posts
Fri 13 Jun 2014
at 01:38
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 368):

Drazgar follows the entertainment of the man narrowly avoiding full burn.
Morien
 player, 429 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 13 Jun 2014
at 02:25
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien staggers out of the intense heat with smoke pouring out of the joints in his armor. Once out of the fire, he takes off his helm, hacking and choking.

 He regains his composure and begins to stagger over to the rest of the group. (2hp remaining)
Dustil Kraye
 player, 530 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 13 Jun 2014
at 02:28
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil didn't watch Morien. He hoped the man wasn't stubborn enough to keep his armor on, but he knew better. For some reason, he just wouldn't divest himself of the weight and restriction to his mobility even in dire circumstances.

He reluctantly pushed Morien and Tamalie from his mind, and just focused on running with the compass, pouring on the speed once he was outside of the woods.
Mr. Main
 GM, 770 posts
Fri 13 Jun 2014
at 23:08
Re: Festival Day 2



Dustil runs as fast as he can, which is quite fast indeed. the arena is quite large though and it takes some time for him to reach the other side. especially since he has to run along the outside instead of straight to his destination.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:28, Fri 13 June 2014.

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 9 posts
Fri 13 Jun 2014
at 23:25
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 372):

Drazgar follows the man you came to me.
Aden Bero
 player, 601 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 13 Jun 2014
at 23:42
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden stops running, letting Dustil rush on ahead.  Lifting his visor to his forehead, he slowly turns towards the flames, his eyes glowing and sparking eerily as they bask in the inferno.  He barely registers the black swords marching past with Tam, or Morien coming up the rear nearly scorched to death.  He simply stands, watching, transfixed.  He begins to speak in a strange language, mumbling to himself. To onlookers, he perhaps seems bewitched, entranced...or reverent with awe.
Yanyeeku
 player, 3 posts
Sat 14 Jun 2014
at 02:50
Re: Festival Day 2
"Hm? Oh, well okay then." The bard looked up with some surprise at the man who approached him. The man didn't seem too suspicious, but he remained on edge anyway, following the man cautiously.
Aerilion
 player, 2 posts
Sat 14 Jun 2014
at 06:30
Re: Festival Day 2
Aerilion nods his thanks to the man and slowly stands carefully tucking the pages of his spellbook together as he did so.  He let the book slip slowly into its leather case before following, the weight of knowledge it contained more vital to him than anything else.
Mr. Main
 GM, 771 posts
Sat 14 Jun 2014
at 13:20
Re: Festival Day 2
Aerilion, Drazgar, Eradin and Yanyeeku are led out of the spectator area and into the under works of the arena. It is there that they meet up with a man they have not seen in a few years, but remember well. A short man of slender build with brown hair and grey eyes. Despite being the aid and team manager through the last games which you 4 took part in, even if only briefly, he had not been an easy man to get to know. He answered questions and did his best, with in the rules, to get you what wanted or needed to win, but somehow no connection had ever been made. You were his job and that was that.

"Well hello again; been a while. I hope you've been doing well?" Tio asks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Meanwhile on the sands Dustil races forward and finally, after what seems like a year, he reaches team Arcadia's box. Panting and gasping for breath he holds the compass up high.

TEAM ARCADIA WINS! A voice proclaims and once more the crowd roars with excitement. The forest and the fire suddenly vanish out of existence. though some of the smoke still lingers. Turgen leads his men out of the arena without looking back. They had wounded to tend and dead to bury. It was a costly day in the arena for them and cast a new light on the competition. The first day had been pretty bloodless, but if the second is any indication the games are about to get really dangerous.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:30, Sat 14 June 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 602 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sat 14 Jun 2014
at 16:45
Re: Festival Day 2
As the forest and fire winked out of existence, Aden stumbled to one knee.  He inhaled deeply to catch his breath, deaf for a moment to the roar of the crowd and announcement of their victory.  Whatever he was feeling, the moment passed, and he rose to his feet, holding his buckler and javelin up to the sky, roaring in exultation, "ARCADIAAAAAAA!!!!!!"

He started pumping alternating fists in the air and finished with a back-flip for good measure.  And then he started jogging to his companions, hoping they'd receive some medical attention and looking forward to their team reward.
Morien
 player, 430 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 15 Jun 2014
at 08:08
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien looked up into the stands and let his gaze flow over all of the people present. He then looked down as his sword, covered in congealed blood. He spat on the ground, trying to get the taste of smoke and blood out of his mouth.

 He did not celebrate this victory, instead making his way to Team Arcadia's box without a word. However, the disgust on his face was fairly obvious.
Aerilion
 player, 3 posts
Sun 15 Jun 2014
at 08:33
Re: Festival Day 2
Aerilion nods slowly and a facsimile of a grin appears on his face.

"It has been a while.  I've been continuing my lessons until you stole my tutor.  Some nice tricks she was teaching me as well.  I'm hoping to meet up with her now."
Yanyeeku
 player, 4 posts
Sun 15 Jun 2014
at 09:18
Re: Festival Day 2
Yanyeeku gave a lazy smile, shrugging. "I've been busy, practicing my art. You might have heard me working at the inn in the city once or twice." It was fairly vague as an answer. He had obviously done more than simply learned to perform, as he  had been improving his magical prowess as well. "How have you been, sir?"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 531 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 15 Jun 2014
at 15:22
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil's lungs were on fire and his breaths were coming in shuddering gasps when he finally made it. He held up the compass but once he heard the announcement that they had won, he collapsed to the ground. It took him a few minutes to recover but he finally did. He slowly got back to his feet and immediately started heading towards Tamalie and Morien to make sure that they were okay.
Mr. Main
 GM, 772 posts
Sun 15 Jun 2014
at 15:46
Re: Festival Day 2
in the arena

The Mayor stands up and steps forward. His visage suddenly appears on all of the View panels. He waits a moment for the crowd to quiet down a little and then speaks.

"Congratulations Team Arcadia! You are doing us all proud. As the winners of today's trial you are awarded that silver Compass and each of you gets a purse of 2500 gold pieces. Please speak to your team adviser on collecting. Now the Silver Compass is no ordinary compass. If used properly it can lead you to the Nearest Emblem. remember that each emblem is worth 50 victory points when turned in at the end of the festival. there are 11 of them and having a lot could turn a losing team into a winning one."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

meanwhile with Tio

"I've been alright. Always way to busy during the festival, but I'm bored as hell when their isn't one so I really shouldn't complain." Tio replies to Yanyeeku.

"Steal your tutor? I'm not sure I even know who that is. Besides do I look like a kidnapper? Unfortunately though I'm afraid you're going to have to put off your meeting with her. You see we are going to need your services during this festival. There have been some issues with many of this years champions. Luckily I was prudent enough to have listed all of you as alternates. If you will follow me I will introduce you to this years champions and your new teammates."
Aden Bero
 player, 604 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 15 Jun 2014
at 17:43
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden "yeehaw-ed" with joy at the announcement of their prizes, getting excited about all the new toys he could consider purchasing.  And that compass would make finding the emblems easier, but it also made them a target.  The other teams, or just enterprising thieves, might seek to make it their own, or just tail team arcadia as they sought out the emblems.  He continued moving towards their stand, seeing several unfamiliar faces with Tio....
Morien
 player, 431 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 00:04
Re: Festival Day 2
 As Dustil approached Morien, he could see that the armored warrior was very near collapse. He was badly burned, but still walking. He did not stop as the mayor spoke but mention of the prize money seemed to lift his spirits, if only a little.

OOC: again, at 2hp remaining.