Festival Day 2.   Posted by Mr P.Group: 0
Dustil Kraye
 player, 533 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 05:12
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil smiled and asked Tamalie if she was alright.

He paused as he reached Morien. "Do you need my healin' potion, Morrie?" Without asking, Dustil lifted up one of Morien's arms and took some of the other man's weight on to help Morien with walking to their zone.
Aerilion
 player, 4 posts
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 07:24
Re: Festival Day 2
Aerilion waves his hand.  His robes seem to pick up the gesture and flutter around him for a second as if moved by minor currents of air.

"I meant Professor Praxa, Olivia Praxa.  She joined you here recently I understand.  Anyway - has the contest been especially deadly this year for some reason?  I'll admit I haven't been following it as closely as I might, I've been worrying on a problem in arcane feedback in mental influences."
Morien
 player, 432 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 10:23
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien accepts the help, though there is a deep yet intense look in his eyes. "No, I'm hoping to get magical healing without spending the money."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 534 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 13:15
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil gave a shrug of his shoulders as he helped his friend.
Mr. Main
 GM, 773 posts
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 22:49
Re: Festival Day 2

"Not particularly. Though we usually don't get so close to champion deaths this early, but that's really just a sign that the competition is serious this time around. Don't forget this isn't just about city pride. This is saber rattling at it's finest. The city that wins the games gains a lot of political clout and while it won't change the accords; the winner of the games is unofficially the 'prominent' city until the next games." Tio then moves towards the edge of the box and waves the champions over.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This time no medics rush out onto the field. Instead you see Tio waving you over. He is accompanied by a handful of people. Once all of you arrive Tio beings speaking.

 "Good work out there. I told the medics not to rush out there unless one of you was incapacitated. I wanted all of you to stoically walk off the field after all that; seemingly unconcerned about any of your own injuries as if they did not bother you in the least. A cheap intimidation ploy, but often effective. plus it impresses the crowd. especially after I pay a couple people to start talking about it and how team Elgavasa needed to be saved. We'll get to seeing about patching you up in a bit.

first however I have an unfortunately announcement. Tamalie your father has been seriously injured. He'll live, but he needs time to recover and your mother would like you to come home and help tend to him. William has disappeared. He said that he drew a little to much attention and needed to get out of the city and lay low for a while. Safie has recused herself from the games saying she needed to look into something. to replace them I called in some of our Alternates. They were on the team during the last games though they did not get to compete to much. I will let them introduce themselves later.

As for your reward there are three options. you can take your 2500 gold each and spend it how you please. the second option is a deal i worked out with martin and kern. you each will get 3500 gp worth of store credit you can spend on select pieces of equipment. The catch is that each item you pick with have either the martian and kern logo or, if it's large enough, will have the words Martin and Kern inscribed on them. The third option is another deal I worked out with east wind trading. you must go and speak with their tea master. and then he will give you an item based upon the impression you have made on him."

Dustil Kraye
 player, 536 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 02:19
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil frowned when no one came to help Morien, but he continued to help his comrade. They stopped finally and he cocked his head at Tio. He rolled his eyes and let out a soft sigh at Tio's reasoning. "whatever."

He then turned to Tamalie and looked shocked and sad. "Oh, Tam, I'm sorry t'hear that. I...we'll miss you. I hope your father recovers soon." He fell silent quickly and looked down, not really paying attention to the rest, except in regards to Safia as well. He sighed once more.

Replacements? He supposed that they were all replaceable in the end, but kept his mouth shut on that.

He gave a shrug, not really caring. The tea master sounded interesting, but Dustil's mind was on other things. "Tea Master or Martin and Kern I guess."
Aden Bero
 player, 607 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 03:01
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden was crestfallen at hearing about the departure of three of their companions.  It definitely made their victory bittersweet, and he gave hugs and extended hearty farewells and best wishes.

He eyed their new companions up and down, uncertain what to make of them.  Finally, he replied, "Welcome back to Team Arcadia.  You've seen what Dustil, Morien, and myself can do..or at least a bit.  What about yourselves?"

And to Tio, he replied, "Martin and Kern are a good outfit, but how 'selective' are we talking when it comes to what we can choose from?" The tea master sounded very interesting, but their mojo was already kinda wonky, what with Jace's murder, him and Morien butting heads all day, and half their team being replaced.  He wasn't sure what kind of impression they were expected to make.  But the gamble was intriguing.
Mr. Main
 GM, 774 posts
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 04:26
Re: Festival Day 2
"basically you're limited to what they have in stock and something that will be seen." OOC: basically standard stuff. magic weapons and armor, wondrous items from the lesser minor tables. Send me a pm with what you are looking for and I'll let you know.
Aerilion
 player, 5 posts
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 08:47
Re: Festival Day 2
Aerilion gives a deep bow before standing and leaning on his staff.

"I Aerilion of the Arcadia Academy of Arcana.  My area of expertise is in air and fire magics together with enchantment.  I look forward to working with you all - hopefully with more success than we had last year."

He bows again and steps backwards.
Yanyeeku
 player, 5 posts
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 13:05
Re: Festival Day 2
"I missed last year. What happened?" The bard asked Aerilion curiously, before remembering what they were supposed to be doing. "Oh right. My name is Yanyeeku. I specialise in providing support with  my stories, and casting spells focused in enchantment. I'm also fairly good with scrolls and wands." He bowed to the group, similar to Aerilion, before taking out a fan and fanning himself with it lazily.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:36, Tue 17 June 2014.

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 13 posts
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 14:22
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Yanyeeku (msg # 395):

Drazgar approaches.

"Hello, I am Drazgar Inlyndl. I am a Darksong Berserker of the Church of Eilistraee. I am honored to join your group."
Aden Bero
 player, 610 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 18:03
Re: Festival Day 2
"Okay, I vote for Martin and Kern, though the Tea Master is very tempting.  Is there anything more you can tell us about the Tea Master Tio?"

@Aerilion, "Well met, the names Aden. Oracle of Flame, adept at the Temple of Many Mysteries.  Fire and Air just so happen to be my two favorite elements.  Feel free to drop mist and fog on me anytime, as I can see right through them."

@Yanyeeku, he replies, "A bard! Fun.  I'm a performer as well."

@Drazgar, he replies, "Sounds dangerous. Eilistraee, huh.  She reminds me a lot of Sarenrae, a beacon of hope amidst darkness.  Welcome to the team."
Mr. Main
 GM, 775 posts
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 22:52
Re: Festival Day 2
"Never met him. I've heard him described both as an inscrutable old kook and a subtle and sagacious sophist."
Morien
 player, 435 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 23:06
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien looks at the group assembled. He looks awful, with scorch marks and burns. It looks as though he had almost been baked alive. "I am Morien. I am a tactician and a warrior. I specialize in close quarters combat, frost magic... and other things."

 It was quite obvious that he was in severe pain from the burns. Blood covered his armor in other areas back from when the explosion had rocked him.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 538 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 23:16
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil looked very beat up himself, blood in a few places and a bit of soot and singing here and there. "Dustil Kraye. I'm a Drunken Monk." He said that as if it explained everything that someone would need to know.
Aden Bero
 player, 611 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 00:36
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden couldn't watch his friend suffering any longer, whatever strategy might be behind Tio calling for a delay in medical attention.  He walked up to Morien, flourishing his arm and speaking a strange tongue, and laid a warm, healing hand on his frosty companion. +10 hp

To Tio, Aden continued, "Tio, my friend.  You've been team manager for Arcadia a while, and you seem damn good at your job.  And I have to imagine our success is your success.  So tell me, which would you choose?  Martin&Kern seems the safest bet, but there's got to be something to this Tea Master if you sought out this deal." Diplomacy 15

And to their new companions, Aden warns, "Guys, you should know we all have some enemies in this tournament.  Adrian M'vasthi, for team Thryka is a sicko. Dustil and Morien can tell you about the ones their watching out for. Morien was actually attacked yesterday evening, though we can't be sure if it's related to the games or not...."

"Also, we've got some stuff going on the side we've been working on, and we could use some extra help. Perhaps a beer at Drunken Monkey is the best place to talk it over, but so far we've been working as a team both in and out of the arena.  Not perfectly, mind you,"
he flashed Morien a grin, "but apparently things are working out for us so far."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:45, Thu 19 June 2014.

Mr. Main
 GM, 776 posts
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 01:30
Re: Festival Day 2
"Well you gotta ask yourself if you feel lucky. Martin and Kern would be the safe bet. Plus you get to choose what you get. With the tea master it might end up being what ever his whim is. but you could get something more valuable."
Morien
 player, 436 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 06:51
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien looked considerably better after Aden's healing, though he was still in rough shape. He gave Aden an annoyed look when he mentioned him being attacked, but otherwise said nothing.

 Instead, he turned to Tio. "I believe I will take Martin and Kern's deal... though perhaps I can make a deal of my own with them. What I want is slightly more than 3,500gp."
Aerilion
 player, 9 posts
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 10:32
Re: Festival Day 2
Aerilion smiles gently and waves one hand through the air.

"Enemies are nothing new for me or I suspect any of us.  Speaking from personal experience magic can be quite attractive to those who have little scruple as to how it is used.  Are there any specific threats?  My magic is of limited use in warding but if I have some warning I might be able to divine some things."
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 14 posts
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 13:35
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Aerilion (msg # 404):

Drazgar walks over to Morien.

"You still look like you need healing? May I help?"
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 15 posts
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 13:42
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Drazgar In'lyndl (msg # 405):

OOC: Rolled a 16 to discern level of damage left.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 539 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 14:08
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil gave an impatient shrug. "I'm fine either way. I get something I didn't have before so it's all good t'me."

He looked over at Tio and spoke quickly as if not really meaning most of the speech, and with at least a small amount of anger in his voice. "Hooray! We won! Everyone has seen us leave the battlefield without needin' healin'! We did it! Whoohoo! Can we go in an' get Morien frickin' healed up now please, Tio? I could use some myself actually after that half-orc smashed the crap outta me too."
Aden Bero
 player, 612 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 15:28
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden nodded, "Martin&Kern it is."

"And yeah, healing would be good.  By winning that compass, we may have just become more of a target than we already were."

Mr. Main
 GM, 777 posts
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 19:58
Re: Festival Day 2
"I don't see what the big rush is. None of you are dying and no one is going to attack you while you are in the stadium and in the private box for team Arcadia. I needed to get your answer on the reward and introduce you to your new members before I let you go." Tio waves over some medics and the begin to treat your wounds.

"I'll get the prize money over to Martin and Kern with in the hour and you can take advantage of their offer. Dustil the item you had commissioned is ready so please meet with the rep from the Academy before you leave the Arena."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 540 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 20:57
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil rolled his eyes at Tio and shook his head but let out a quiet exasperated chuckle. When Tio went on, Dustil frowned in confusion, then a look of understanding passed over his face. "Oh right. The Amulet. Cool."

He looked at Morien and Aden. "Meet at the shop?"