Festival Day 2.   Posted by Mr P.Group: 0
Aden Bero
 player, 613 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 22:07
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden tries to smooth over Dustil's response to Tio, "Thanks Tio, you've been a big help. They probably didn't want to be on this guy's bad side, assuming the man even had sides.  From what Aden could tell, their team manager was mildly apathetic, but not everyone wore their emotions on their sleeve.

To Dustil, he responded, "I don't think any of us should travel alone if avoidable.  We don't know if Morien's attacker was against our team or him as an individual."
Morien
 player, 437 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 07:45
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien looked up at Dustil more than a little appreciatively. He was showing sides of himself today that he usually did not.

OOC: he's at less than half health (roughly 41%). He has 12 hp right now.

 When Aden spoke, though, he sighed. "The one who attacked me is after me alone... but I doubt that would stop him from attacking one of you just to try and isolate me."
Aden Bero
 player, 614 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 09:59
Re: Festival Day 2
"It sounds like you know who's responsible?"
Morien
 player, 438 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 10:11
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien shakes his head. "Can't say that I do... but they knew me.

 If I were trying to kill someone like myself, then I would isolate them by targeting his allies first. I would start with the healer, then the mages and scouts, followed by the warriors, and then my target. I can only assume that whoever attacked me will do likewise."

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 16 posts
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 13:59
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Morien (msg # 414):

Drazgar smiles.

"That is why one should never stop having more allies."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 541 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 15:34
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil sighed and waved a hand at Tio. "Sorry, Tio. Despite the victory, it's been a rough couple o'days."

He took in a deep breath and then let it out slowly, attempting to cleanse himself of negativity.

"Okay. So, we swing by an' pick up my amulet, then on t'Martin an' Kerns? Then we drink, right? Lots o'drinkin'?"
Aden Bero
 player, 615 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 17:03
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden smiled at his comrades, old and new. "Slow down Drunko. We also need to use our new compass to seek out some tokens, and give the gauntlet another run.  But I suppose a brew or two with lunch wouldn't be the worst."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 542 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 17:17
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil shook his head, disagreeing with Aden. "No. We aren't doin' the gauntlet today. We need t'be fresher fer that. Plus we haven't worked with t'gether as a team now at all with the new an' old teammates. We need t'get t'know each other first or do somethin' t'gether t'gel a bit 'fore we take that on again."
Aden Bero
 player, 616 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 17:35
Re: Festival Day 2
"That doesn't make sense.  Worst case scenario we get knocked out, and come out better prepared to win the next time.  We already learned that whatever wounds we take in there are healed when we leave.  Otherwise Morien wouldve been killed by the minotaur.  What better way to practice and learn more about each other?"

"Plus, you really think tomorrow's main event is going to leave us any 'fresher' than we are now? If anything, tomorrow will be harder."

Morien
 player, 439 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 20:28
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien finally began to remove his armor in order to let his wounds be treated. He was burned all over, though the magical healing had lessened his wounds considerably.

 "Normally I would agree with Dustil about the gauntlet... but the unique nature of it leads me to agree with Aden. We can use the gauntlet to gauge the effectiveness of our new allies and practice some teamwork.

 That said, we need to purchase several scrolls or potions of jumping. I have no desire to break any more of the gauntlet."


 I suggest we go eat and then see Clive Delmar though. We have something to return and now we can use the compass to determine if he truly has a token.


OOC: is this magical healing or first aid?
Aden Bero
 player, 617 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 22:12
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden nodded at Morien's suggestion.  "I don't care about the order as long as the gauntlet is last, but I'm thinking Dustil's amulet, Martin & Kern's, lunch, Clive Delmar's, tokens, and then the gauntlet."
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 17 posts
Fri 20 Jun 2014
at 23:34
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 421):

Drazgar casts Cure Light Wounds then uses Lay on Hands for the rest.


CLW for 5 and Lay on Hands for 7 and you are no longer fatiqued.
Mr. Main
 GM, 778 posts
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 00:34
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: The medics were doing both. Treating your burns and restoring your hp.

"I would suggest attempting the gauntlet every time you can. Only one team can clear it after all. No reason to let your competitors have a head start. Alright If you don't need my assistance anymore for the time being I will be off. You did well today, good luck." And tio walks off.

As tio leaves a slender and tall woman with greying hair, amber eyes and olive complexion walks in. She is wearing a light purple silk robe and is carrying a staff made of some grey wood with an oddly shaped crystal of what looks like smokey quarts implanted at it's top.

"Dustil Kraye?" she asks.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:35, Sat 21 June 2014.

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 18 posts
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 00:37
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 423):

Drazgar shrugs.

"Gauntlet tonight. After we had recovered a bit more and done some of your other business sounds good."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 543 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 01:24
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil waved a hand at his teammates, clearly not wanting to argue anymore but not happy. After all, officially they had just lost 3 members. Granted, they had gained members in return, but Dustil had known the members leaving and he didn't know the new members.

And Tamalie was leaving.

He turned to the new person who walked up and spoke his name. He gave a small smile to her though it was clearly a bit forced. "I'm Dustil Kraye, milady. Are you here about the amulet, or is there somethin' I can help you with?"
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 19 posts
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 02:51
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Dustil Kraye (msg # 425):

Drazgar smiles at the new lady. And then turns back to the group.
Mr. Main
 GM, 779 posts
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 12:15
Re: Festival Day 2
She extends her left hand and a small silver amulet on a delicate chain suddenly dangles from it. "Here is the item you commissioned. As you specified it generates an electric current that will be channeled through your unarmed attacks. I hope it is satisfactory. Congratulations once again on being the victor in the test of wills and for your victory here today."
Yanyeeku
 player, 6 posts
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 12:20
Re: Festival Day 2
"Morien, you mentioned needing scrolls of jumping? Can you recall of any other scrolls that might be useful for the gauntlet?" The Bard queried. While not necessarily a gifted spellcaster, he was fairly good with utilising magical items.
Aerilion
 player, 10 posts
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 12:56
Re: Festival Day 2
Aerilion bows deeply moving as he does so to place his staff across his wrists.

"Greeting Professor Praxa.  How are you?  I hope the manager hasn't been working you too hard?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 780 posts
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 13:39
Re: Festival Day 2
"Aerilion? I did not know you were participating in the games. Four mage-crafters working cooperatively in 8 hour shifts through the night. I would not say that was to hard, but certainly a bit excessive for a prize. But Her Archness promised such speedy service.'
Dustil Kraye
 player, 544 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 14:54
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil gave a deep bow to the lady mage. And his voice showed little trace of the drunken street brawler that he normally was as he did his best to sound more formal. "I thank you for the amulet, as well as the skill and hard work that went into making it. Thank you, lady."
Aerilion
 player, 11 posts
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 14:56
Re: Festival Day 2
"I was on the reserve.  You will recall last year and our rather ignoble effort.  Those of us who weren't involved in the final debacle were asked to come back to support the smaller team this year.  Something makes me quite glad i only take half your classes or i'd be working with you i suspect.  If i can be of any assistance please do ask though the team has to be my focus."
Mr. Main
 GM, 781 posts
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 15:00
Re: Festival Day 2
"You're welcome. Put it to good use and win some more.


Thank you for the offer Aerilion, I don't think I will need to take you up on it, but if I do I'll make sure to let you know.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:28, Sat 21 June 2014.

Morien
 player, 440 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 22 Jun 2014
at 09:50
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien sat, letting his wounds be tended. When Yaneeku posed his question, Morien looked up at him. "Probably something that would let us escape webs... or lava... or pendulums... or minotaurs."

 He let out a very slight smile. However, it quickly faded as he winced in pain. The burn treating didn't seem to be very comfortable.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 546 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 22 Jun 2014
at 16:59
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil sat back down and waited his turn at the healing as he was still pretty messed up from the fight with the half-orc. "I need t'refill one o'my waterskins with ale 'fore we head in as well. Unless M&K have a never-ending tankard of ale for me t'buy!" He chuckled at that one, obviously trying to raise his own spirits back up.