Festival Day 2.   Posted by Mr P.Group: 0
Tamalie
 player, 299 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 25 Nov 2013
at 02:39
Re: Festival Day 2
Curious, Tamalie wonders what the trip is all about. Walking through the city, she's recognizing the docks area. The length of time from getting their attention, to the walk leaves her in anticipation of what they are doing there.

But it's the sight of the body parts that causes her to be sickened, and regreting that they were stopped in the first place.

Gasping with a hand over her mouth, she's speechless for a moment, just staring at the body parts. "Oh my gosh! Humanoid?" she asks out loud, hoping that it's really not, but the first suspicions are that they do belong to a sentient humanoid.

"Who...is it?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 638 posts
Mon 25 Nov 2013
at 03:01
Re: Festival Day 2




The woman walks towards you. "Just a few questions first. Where were you all last night and who was with you?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:02, Mon 25 Nov 2013.

Morien
 player, 342 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 25 Nov 2013
at 04:45
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien stared at the carnage intensely from behind his armored helm. He remains quiet for several more moments before answering. "Everyone, save Safia, was at the tournament for most of the day yesterday. After the matches were over, we attempted the gauntlet.

 After the Gauntlet, I looked around town for a fullmetal harpoon so we would better be prepared for the gauntlet next time around."


 He gives the woman the shopkeeper's name and the name of the shop. "After buying the harpoon, I went to the Grand Podium to inquire about Lord Delmar's son, who had participated in the race. I wished to see if he had returned to Arcadia safely. After that..."

 He paused for a long moment... a VERY long moment. "... after that I was attacked in the streets on my way to the monkey."

 His voice was strained as he spoke about the attack. It seemed that his encounter had unsettled him far more than he was willing to admit.
Tamalie
 player, 300 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Mon 25 Nov 2013
at 13:45
Re: Festival Day 2
Surprised to be asked about their location, it finally hits her why they are here. The authorities think they are somehow involved. Tamalie looks back to the body parts, and then back to the woman.

"Uh, for the most part, we were together. At the games, or the Gauntlet, or the Drunken Monkey, like Morien said. Do you think we did this? Why? Who is that?"

Her stomach is turning into knots right now. She doesn't think any of her friends were capable of this, and now, all she can think of for a connection is that the person murdered is somehow related to them.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 404 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 25 Nov 2013
at 15:07
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil didn't look at the woman who approached. He didn't take his eyes off of the...corpse, if it could be called that. It was so much carnage, Dustil felt a little sick. When it seemed like they were suspects, Dustil grew angry and glared at the corpse, but still couldn't look away.

"You better not be accusin' US o'doin' this. We ain't....we...we sure as hell don't chop..." He couldn't even finish the sentence, fists clenching tightly.
Aden Bero
 player, 467 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 25 Nov 2013
at 19:41
Re: Festival Day 2
It took a moment for the question and his friends troubled replies to register. A sweat had broken out on Aden's forehead. The oracle of flame never perspired, that any of them had seen.  He was that worked up as to who the victim might be.

"After the competition and gauntlet, Tamalie, Dustil and I went to the drunken monkey. After a short time, I left and returned to the Temple of Many Mysteries where I live. I immediately met with Shaleh Azran, Master Oracle of Flame.  I was at the temple all night, and several can corroborate that."

"Who is the victim? If a friend of ours has been killed, I'm about to become angry if you're keeping it from us."

Safia
 player, 37 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Tue 26 Nov 2013
at 02:28
Re: Festival Day 2
Mr. Main:
The woman walks towards you. "Just a few questions first. Where were you all last night and who was with you?"


"Family," Sarah murmured distractedly, her gaze riveted elsewhere.

Family.

It seemed answer enough. The woman had asked of their whereabouts 'last night' and 'who' was with them. That was two questions. The woman had said she had a few...

The longer Sarah looked at the blood and bits, the more she imagined the horror the victim must have felt. Her stomach threatened revolt. She moved nearer to Dustil, lightly bumping her shoulder to his in an unconscious need to both offer and seek comfort. It wasn't fear she sought to soothe, but the ache of sorrow in her gut.

At the edge of her thoughts, she waited for the woman to answer Aden's question as to 'who'?
Terra Wade
 NPC, 1 post
Tue 26 Nov 2013
at 03:05
Re: Festival Day 2
"No accusations are being made. I simply need a few answers before your memories get colored by new information. Where were you attacked? How were you attacked? Did you see your attacker? Could you identify him? were there any witnesses to this attack?"

"What was the last thing you did before heading home last night? Who were you with?"

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 22:15, Tue 26 Nov 2013.

Morien
 player, 344 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 26 Nov 2013
at 06:58
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien still seemed hesitant to answer. He took several moments to reply. "I was attacked by proxy. A raven familiar.

 I was heading from the Grand Podium to the Monkey when it happened. It summoned bats."


 He took off his helmet to let the woman see the scratches on his face. His eyes were troubled and he took a deep breath before putting his helmet back on. "I managed to fight off the bats. Then Tamalie's friend, Jayce, came and helped me to the Monkey. I guess he heard me shouting... but I don't know if anyone else saw me."

OOC: was the last question aimed at me? If so:

"I didn't leave the Monkey last night after I got there. I rented a room for the night."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 405 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 26 Nov 2013
at 22:19
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil crossed his arms over his chest and spoke with almost no tone. "I was at the Drunken Monkey after the team finished trying to run the Gauntlet. Some of us ate and drank together and then I went to bed in room at the Monkey"
Mr. Main
 GM, 640 posts
Wed 27 Nov 2013
at 14:15
Re: Festival Day 2
"When did this Jace part your company?"
Morien
 player, 345 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 28 Nov 2013
at 03:56
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien shrugged. "I wasn't keeping close track of time. He ate with us and left right around the time we all started going to bed."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 406 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 28 Nov 2013
at 04:14
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil seemed to come out of his extremely angry state a bit, suddenly thinking from the line of questioning that Jace might be the body. He put an arm around Safia and nodded at Morien's statement. "That sounds right. He left right before we crashed." He will try to give the time that was roughly.
Aden Bero
 player, 468 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 29 Nov 2013
at 16:51
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden looks at Morien with a flash of annoyance, and then everyone but Safia in turn. He replied, his words a low growl, "I told you lot to send word to the temple if anything happened. For future reference, that includes one of us being attacked!"
Dustil Kraye
 player, 407 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 29 Nov 2013
at 16:54
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil shook his head at Aden. "Morrie was bein' all semi-stoic about it an' didn't even want t'tell us the details. We had t'pry it outta him, almos' like gettin' his armor off. Like a flippin' crab."
Aden Bero
 player, 469 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 29 Nov 2013
at 17:27
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden growled more fiercely, fired up by the tension of the moment, "Damn it, Dustil! No excuses, you make sure I know next time!" The oracle tries to reign in his temper, seeing as they're a team and friends. To calm his nerves he pulls out his pipe, quickly taps down a large pinch of tobacco from a pouch, and sparks the bowl alight with a snap of his fingers. He inhales deeply, holding the smoke in, and exhales slowly out his nose.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 408 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 29 Nov 2013
at 18:16
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil merely crosses his arms over his chest when Aden explodes at him. "Uh huh. Sure thing, BOSS."
Mr. Main
 GM, 641 posts
Fri 29 Nov 2013
at 22:19
Re: Festival Day 2
While Aden and Dustil have their little exchange Tio approaches.

'Mind if I ask what you are doing with our champions? The Second day challenge is set to begin in less than an hour. I need to get them to the Arena."

"Asking them questions. Hoping that maybe they could help fill in some blanks about a rather gruesome murder."

"You've got 5 minutes. Maybe 10 if they have eaten already."

OOc: ok couple more posts and then we'll move on towards the arena.
Tamalie
 player, 301 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 30 Nov 2013
at 02:30
Re: Festival Day 2
Looking around, like she is missing something, she finally pipes up, "I still don't get why are we here. Do you know that is?" She's worried that the person is a relative or friend, and that she's missed some clue that was already spoken. Right now, thoughts are racing through her mind what has happened here.
Mr. Main
 GM, 642 posts
Sat 30 Nov 2013
at 02:40
Re: Festival Day 2
the captain sighs. "We think we know who it is, but we have yet to fully identify the body. that's part of the reason why you were brought here. the other was to ask you those questions. It was a grisly crime. If you don't feel like looking you don't have too. She waits to see everyone's answer.
Morien
 player, 346 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 30 Nov 2013
at 05:38
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien remains silent through Aden's outburst and his helmet was on, making it difficult to see his emotional state. "I'll help in whatever way I'm able. No sense in everyone having their minds filled with what happened here when there are other matters to attend to."

 He takes off his helmet for a moment and looks at Dustil, hinting at him with his eyes toward Tamalie.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 409 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 30 Nov 2013
at 17:20
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil gave a shallow nod to Morien. He reached out and put a hand on Tamalie's shoulder. "Tam, I think we should step back a bit. I don't think you want t'see this, lady."
Tamalie
 player, 302 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 30 Nov 2013
at 18:27
Re: Festival Day 2
Knowing something is wrong, and that she's not getting it, tears well up in her eyes, her imagination enough to figure out that it's certainly someone they know well.

"Ohhh...uh, do you know...." She stammers, slightly shaking, unsteady on her feet.

She allows Dustil to help her back, and she leans into him, putting an arm over his shoulder to put her weight onto him.
Safia
 player, 40 posts
 Optimism is the
 Foundation of Courage
Sun 1 Dec 2013
at 01:02
Re: Festival Day 2

Comfort, though fleeting, was had in the warmth of an arm around her. Dustil’s arm. And then it was gone, consoling another. Blue eyes flicked toward Tamalie as Dustil’s hand touched her friend’s shoulder. Safia felt off-balance, out of sorts, almost as though she was on the outside of a bubble of glass, looking in. Even Aden’s outburst seemed strangely muffled to her ears.

a rather gruesome murder...
...but we have yet to fully identify the body.

Safia reached out for something, anything, to steady her resolve. She fought through nausea to speak, to address the woman who questioned them. “Were there any personal effects on the ...body?” she asked, not certain she truly wanted to know. “Anything you can describe to us that may help ascertain whether or not it is ...was someone we might have known?”
Mr. Main
 GM, 643 posts
Sun 1 Dec 2013
at 02:40
Re: Festival Day 2
"There were a couple daggers, a set of picks, a couple smoke sticks, a sap, a couple unidentified vials and a pouch with 100 platinum pieces. If you want to try and identify the body by looking at the remains please follow me." She walks over to the body.

 as you approach you start noticing more about the scene. The body has been cut into a couple of peices and spread about. there is an insane amount of blood spread about, both on the ground and in the wall. One the ground the blood seems to make a rough pentagram. And the blood on the walls is crudely painted into words. spelling out "I Deserved this." you can also smell something sour and rotten. almost like a swamp. You can also now see that the body parts are all places on different points of the pentagram with what you imagine is the head, since all the parts are covered, in the center.

OOC: everyone please make either a healing, knowledge nature or a straight wisdom check.