Festival Day 2.   Posted by Mr P.Group: 0
Aden Bero
 player, 645 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sat 12 Jul 2014
at 18:42
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden nods thoughtfully, inquiring "What's it like down there?"
Mr. Main
 GM, 804 posts
Sat 12 Jul 2014
at 19:00
Re: Festival Day 2
As is the case for just about anywhere in the city, the walk to the Arena from The Heat of Arcadia is not long. once you near the arena, but not quite enter it the gold needle starts bouncing again...

OOC: ok so Aden and anyone trying to assist him must make a perception check, a wisdom check and some check they feel would assist in using the compass.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 36 posts
Sat 12 Jul 2014
at 23:19
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 487):

Drazgar follows along letting the trackers track.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 567 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 13 Jul 2014
at 05:50
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil wanted to be helpful, he really did. It was in his nature as he was mostly a nice guy. But he really wanted to try out the Gauntlet again even though he was pretty tired from the arena battle. He failed to stifle a yawn and then pointed with his other hand. "That way?"

23:48, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 19 using 1d20+11. Perception check - compass help.
23:48, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 12 using 1d20+3. Wisdom check - compass help if needed.

Yanyeeku
 player, 11 posts
Sun 13 Jul 2014
at 06:19
Re: Festival Day 2
Yanyeeku was continuing to keep a close watch on the compass, occasionally looking up at where the compass pointed. He noted down the canals, remembering they'd need to check it out later, before doing his utmost to use his knowledge of magical devices to ensure the compass did exactly what they needed it to.

16:16, Today: Yanyeeku rolled 22 using 1d20+7. Perception Check - Compass Help.

16:17, Today: Yanyeeku rolled 10 using 1d20. Wisdom Check - Compass Help.
16:18, Today: Yanyeeku rolled 32 using 1d20+12. Use Magic Device - Compass Help. Woo! Natural 20!

Morien
 player, 448 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 13 Jul 2014
at 07:36
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien trudged along quietly after the group, the clanking of his metal armor the only sound he made. He had no idea how to use the compass and nothing particularly constructive to add. Instead, he stared off at nothing in particular, his mind wandering... to dark places judging from the looks on his face.
Aden Bero
 player, 646 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sun 13 Jul 2014
at 13:39
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden was intent on the compass, ignoring anything else going on around them.

08:37, Today: Aden Bero rolled 24 using 1d20+9. use magic device.
08:37, Today: Aden Bero rolled 7 using 1d20. Wisdom check.
08:37, Today: Aden Bero rolled 6 using 1d20+4. Perception check.

Mr. Main
 GM, 805 posts
Sun 13 Jul 2014
at 14:23
Re: Festival Day 2


Aden and Yanyeeku both fidget with the compass adjusting, re-orientating and manipulating the various knobs, protrusions and navigational aides on it. The gold needle now points away from the arena and down the road toward.

OOC: knowledge local, knowledge geography, wisdom or intelligence checks to figure out what in the general direction it is now pointing.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 37 posts
Sun 13 Jul 2014
at 17:08
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 493):

Drazgar follows along.






Wisdom Check(1d20+2): 15, Intelligence Check(1d20+3): 17

This message was last edited by the player at 17:16, Sun 13 July 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 647 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sun 13 Jul 2014
at 17:12
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden wondered why it had brought them to the arena, if only to turn them another direction.

He didn't press Drazgar regarding what his home in the "near dark" was like.  If the drow didn't wish to speak of such things with a man he'd just met, Aden would drop it.

12:10, Today: Aden Bero rolled 10 using 1d20. wisdom.
12:10, Today: Aden Bero rolled 16 using 1d20+2. Intelligence.

Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 38 posts
Mon 14 Jul 2014
at 02:51
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 495):

Drazgar sighs.

"If I remember correctly from the maps I read over while being beaten by the Matron Mother. I beleive the compass is leading us to the center of Arcadia."
Aden Bero
 player, 648 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Mon 14 Jul 2014
at 05:27
Re: Festival Day 2
"Aye, towards the docks and warehouses, where the river bisects the city center.  Let's be off then."  Aden starts following the compass.
Yanyeeku
 player, 12 posts
Mon 14 Jul 2014
at 07:12
Re: Festival Day 2
Yanyeeku kept an eye on the compass, watching it carefully in the event it would need a change as the party followed the compass to their destination.

17:11, Today: Yanyeeku rolled 19 using 1d20+8. Local.
17:12, Today: Yanyeeku rolled 19 using 1d20+4. Geography.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 568 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 14 Jul 2014
at 17:58
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil looked around and frowned. It seemed like the compass was leading them around on a wild goose chase....or maybe they just didn't know what the hell they were doing with it!

"Hey...maybe we should just head to the person we wanted to talk to or head towards the Gauntlet? We seem t'be just....runnin' around an' not sure that's really gettin' us anywhere, y'know?"

He took another sip from his new large flask.

11:57, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 5 using 1d20+3. Wisdom check.
Aden Bero
 player, 649 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 00:35
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden's response sounded a little surprised, but also kidding around, per usual. "I thought monks were supposed to be all patient, climbing a mountain so they can say 'ohm' while balancing a dandelion on their nose...?  Or is that just the sober ones?"

"But honestly, this is a democracy, so whatever y'all want to do.  But these tokens aren't going to find themselves, and there's plenty of daylight left for the gauntlet.  Hell, we don't even need daylight for the gauntlet, but I bet it helps finding whatever these things look like."


In other words, whatever everyone wants is fine by Aden.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 39 posts
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 00:59
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 500):

Drazgar thinks and this time it almost looks painful.


"From what I understand, Tokens could be helpful. So I say contiune."
Mr. Main
 GM, 806 posts
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 01:32
Re: Festival Day 2
As you guys follow the compass you find yourselves in one of the seedier areas of the city near the docks. While not run down the whole area has a gritty and used up vibe to them. Most of the buildings seem in overall good repair, but are drab and dreary. If you were being generous you could say they favored a function over form aesthetic, but that would imply that who ever built these buildings actually considered their appearance.

 The traffic here is light and the people who are walking down the streets only give you a brief glance before continuing on their way. Like they were just making sure such a heavily armed group wasn't about to start some trouble. As they pass each of them has at least one hand in a pocket, hidden under their cloak or otherwise out of sight. Other than an occasional glance to make sure they know where you are no one pays you much mind. No greetings, no nods, not even any sort of eye contact.
Aden Bero
 player, 650 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 02:12
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden looked around, surveying the scene. "Looks like as good a place as any to get jumped.  No one would probably look twice to care.  Perhaps we should give each other a little room?  Me and Yanyeeku stay close to figure this compass out, everyone else 15 foot spacing?"  Aden didn't really know what to expect, or how far the other teams might be willing to go to get this compass.
Morien
 player, 450 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 08:30
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien chuckled to himself. "I actually think I may have an idea where this thing is leading us. I had planned on coming back this way when I had a little more coin in my pockets. That said, I'm not so certain we should spread ourselves so thin here."
Aden Bero
 player, 653 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 15:51
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden reconsidered, agreeing with Morien.  A stealthy pickpocket was more likely than a Mage hurling blast attacks.  They should stay close and keep an eye out. And keep the people with the compass in the middle of the group.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 569 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 15:59
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil gave Aden a very odd look. "You've met me, right? You must be thinkin' o'some other types o'monks. Y'know, ones who don't practice the drunken fightin' style." He shook his head and chuckled.

He kept a wary eye out as he followed those attempting to follow the compass. He didn't spread out at all, at least not more than 10 feet or so.

09:58, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 25 using 1d20+11. Perception.
Mr. Main
 GM, 808 posts
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 22:59
Re: Festival Day 2
You keep walking towards the docks, albeit going a little more slowly and making sure to keep aware of your surroundings as well as letting everyone else known through your positioning and body language that some of you have something important and the others are just itching for someone to try and take it.

OOC ok just to make things a little more clear to me, who is actively holding/using the compass currently? who ever it is is going to need to make a perception check and either a use magic device, intelligence or wisdom check. If you have survival, knowledge geography, profession: sailor, or any skill/ability that helps with navigation you add a +1 for each. One person may assist the "user" of the compass for this check.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 570 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 16 Jul 2014
at 15:09
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil's head tilted to the side slightly as he saw something several times. He made a mental note of it to ask about later. He didn't think it would be a good idea to talk about it in their current environment. He glanced at the compass and then back out again.
Yanyeeku
 player, 15 posts
Thu 17 Jul 2014
at 18:28
Re: Festival Day 2
Yanyeeku had taken the compass at some point to allow Aden's hands to be free as the group walked through the district. He was more focused on the compass but did look up from time to time to make sure they weren't going to walk into something stupid.

04:27, Today: Yanyeeku rolled 24 using 1d20+7. Perception.

04:26, Today: Yanyeeku rolled 15 using 1d20+12. Use Magic Device.

Get a 17 on perception, a 3 on UMD. Fun.

Aden Bero
 player, 656 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Fri 18 Jul 2014
at 04:32
Re: Festival Day 2
Trying to assist Yanyeeku, Aden finds himself pretty distracted.

23:31, Today: Aden Bero rolled 5 using 1d20+4. perception.
23:31, Today: Aden Bero rolled 12 using 1d20+9. use magic device.