Festival Day 2.   Posted by Mr P.Group: 0
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 43 posts
Fri 18 Jul 2014
at 04:35
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 510):

OOC: yeah, Yanyeeku should "use" the compass. Ha Ha Ha.
Morien
 player, 451 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 18 Jul 2014
at 09:31
Re: Festival Day 2
 Knowing what kind of place this area is, Morien kept a sharp eye out on both his surroundings and the compass.

04:30, Today: Morien rolled 19 using 1d20+2. int.

04:30, Today: Morien rolled 21 using 1d20+2. perception.
Mr. Main
 GM, 809 posts
Fri 18 Jul 2014
at 20:36
Re: Festival Day 2
The gold needle wavers a bit, but continues to point in the same general direction. towards the docks.


OOC: don't freak out guys It's a compass so it's not really all that hard to use. dc 15 has the needle pointing in the general direction of the nearest emblem. that said it is a compass and not a dragon ball "radar". The past few checks have beaten the basic usage dc by so much, generally +10, that I kinda let it lead you around; but that's really not how you use a compass.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 44 posts
Fri 18 Jul 2014
at 23:56
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 513):

Drazgar follows along assuming the 'compass users' are good at orienteering.
Morien
 player, 452 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sat 19 Jul 2014
at 06:35
Re: Festival Day 2
PM

This message was last edited by the player at 06:35, Sat 19 July 2014.

Aden Bero
 player, 657 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sat 19 Jul 2014
at 18:20
Re: Festival Day 2
The group heads on towards the docks, Yanyeeku and Aden keeping an eye on the compass.
Mr. Main
 GM, 810 posts
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 01:05
Re: Festival Day 2
You all continue forward towards the docks. After a couple minutes the road curves around a large nondescript building that looks kinda like a warehouse. You can see what looks like a knot of drunken sailors stumbling down the road heading further into the city (basically heading the direction you just came from) the are bumping, shoving, shouting, cursing, joking and generally being obnoxious with each other. They obviously have been drinking for a while already. They take up the entire road as the walk; occasionally shoving other pedestrians out of their way as they move.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 45 posts
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 02:23
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 517):

Drazgar stands in the middle of the road waiting for this group of drunken soldiers.
Aden Bero
 player, 659 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 05:15
Re: Festival Day 2
"Let's stand to the side and let them pass.  Probably just looking came to port and looking to blow off some steam, no reason for us to stand in their way or vice-versa."

If these guys forced a fight, they'd regret it.  But Aden didn't see any reason to ask for it.  He motioned for the others to back off and give the sailors some room.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 46 posts
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 05:43
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 519):

Drazgar sighs as he steps to the side.


"Fine, I guess I won't teach them to respect other peoples freedom to live their lives unharrased."
Morien
 player, 453 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 08:44
Re: Festival Day 2
 Even Morien steps to the side to let the soldiers pass. While he waits, he takes a peek at the compass, just to see what direction it's pointing to.
Yanyeeku
 player, 16 posts
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 08:49
Re: Festival Day 2
Yanyeeku moved to the side to give the sailor's more room, he continued watching the compass carefully, but kept an eye on  the drunks to make sure he was prepared if they tried to do anything unpleasant.
Aden Bero
 player, 660 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 13:20
Re: Festival Day 2
Drazgar In'lyndl:
Drazgar sighs as he steps to the side. "Fine, I guess I won't teach them to respect other peoples freedom to live their lives unharrased."


"They probably deserve a good ass kicking.  Odds are, they'll find it, as feisty as this city is of late.  But we have to pick our battles.  And we're also ambassadors for our city."  Still, Arcadians didn't take shit.  So, as ambassadors, if the sailors wanted a row bad enough, they'd find one.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 571 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 18:22
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil grinned at Aden. The sailors were drunk which was Dustil's style, but they were being rude to people which wasn't. He raised an eyebrow, however, and silently stepped back to allow the rowdy men to pass. Likely, he wouldn't say anything as they walked by either. Probably.
Mr. Main
 GM, 812 posts
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 21:14
Re: Festival Day 2
The sailors strut past your group without incident. Almost entirely ignoring you; their focus on themselves and their own tomfoolerly.

OOC: make perception checks. Anyone who gets 20 or higher make a sense motive, wisdom or intelligence check.
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 47 posts
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 21:56
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Mr. Main (msg # 525):

Perception rolled 9+7= 16 Destroying Dice Roller now.
Aden Bero
 player, 661 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 22:31
Re: Festival Day 2
17:30, Today: Aden Bero rolled 19 using 1d20+5. Perception.
Yanyeeku
 player, 17 posts
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 22:38
Re: Festival Day 2
Whilst they appeared to be ignoring him, Yanyeeku kept an eye on the sailors warily, concerned about anything that might spring up from this.

08:38, Today: Yanyeeku rolled 22 using 1d20+7. Perception.

16:07, Today: Yanyeeku rolled 4 using 1d20+2. Intelligence.

Nnnope.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:07, Mon 21 July 2014.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 572 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Mon 21 Jul 2014
at 05:38
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil kept his silence, but kept a wary eye out just to be on the safe side.

23:37, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 20 using 1d20+11. Perception check - What can you do with a drunken sailor?
23:37, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 14 using 1d20+9. Sensing the motives.

Dustil Kraye
 player, 573 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 22 Jul 2014
at 01:59
Re: Festival Day 2
He leaned over slightly to Aden and Morien, stage-whispering. "Methinks the drunken rudeboys be 'bout t'get a bit...lighter...on their feet." He gave an amused snort.

Normally he had no use for thieves and pickpockets but...
Aden Bero
 player, 662 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Tue 22 Jul 2014
at 03:24
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden tensed, readying for their rush. To Yanyeeku he whispered, "Hold the compass tight"
Drazgar In'lyndl
 player, 48 posts
Tue 22 Jul 2014
at 03:35
Re: Festival Day 2
In reply to Aden Bero (msg # 531):

Drazgar hears the whispers and smiles.

"Let's Dance."
Mr. Main
 GM, 813 posts
Tue 22 Jul 2014
at 04:25
Re: Festival Day 2
The sailors continue on their way obnoxious as ever. completely ignoring anything that isn't one of their number or is at least 70 proof. After about a minute the street and everyone on it seems to return to normal. IE everyone making a point to mind their own damn business.
Yanyeeku
 player, 18 posts
Tue 22 Jul 2014
at 06:05
Re: Festival Day 2
Yanyeeku's grip on the compass was tight as he kept an eye on the shadows somewhat nervously. Sure he might be worrying about nothing, but best to not take risks especially with something as important as this.

He nodded at Aden's advice, murmuring an assent.
Aden Bero
 player, 663 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
 Flame Juggler
Tue 22 Jul 2014
at 12:02
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden eased up just a bit as the sailors mosied past.  If Dustil had seen something, Aden was still suspicious.  "They could be waiting up ahead while another tries to pick our pocket and run to them.   Lets keep a tight formation round our bard." Aden guarded  Yanyeeku from behind.