Festival Day 2.   Posted by Mr P.Group: 0
Aden Bero
 player, 505 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 20 Feb 2014
at 03:10
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden punched his fists together, a smile breaking out on his face. It was on.

This changed everything.  It was too late to turn back now, and he intended to give this his all.  "Splitting up might not be a good idea now."  Predators could mean a lot of things.  "Tam, we're really gonna need you.  And we've got your back."
Dustil Kraye
 player, 439 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Thu 20 Feb 2014
at 04:01
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil waited as Morien strode up and gave their condition, even pausing a moment as if he was thinking about what their condition should, like they hadn't already discussed it. Play acting for the crowd. Nice.

His eyebrows shot up as some strange...people...started discussing the condition Team Arcadia asked for. Who were they? The Judges? He supposed they were. They were discussing it and then approved.

And then the Black Swords chose their condition. Dustil's mouth dropped open and he couldn't help it. He started chuckling. "That...that was a good comeback. Ha! Crap for us, but funny. I like these guys!"
Morien
 player, 382 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Thu 20 Feb 2014
at 04:46
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien half turned and shot Aden a venomous look. However, he turned around immediately and said nothing, though those nearby could hear him grumbling under his breath.
Aden Bero
 player, 507 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Thu 20 Feb 2014
at 05:11
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden smiled even bigger after Morien's look. "It was only a suggestion, Ice Bucket."
Tamalie
 player, 323 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 22 Feb 2014
at 19:08
Re: Festival Day 2
She heard the counter condition of predators from the other team, and she thought that was a condition that could back fire on either side.

She voiced her thoughts still, "The predators could attack them as well, couldn't it? Maybe that might make them stay inside their little fortress. It might make it tougher on small patrols to encounter some beast, but one or two of us might be able to hide against certain predators. I'm guessing they will hide in the the fort to out wait us. They know we have to come for them, and that there's predators out there."
Mr. Main
 GM, 683 posts
Sat 22 Feb 2014
at 23:44
Re: Festival Day 2
As the group talks tree suddenly burst from the ground. followed closely by shrubs, ferns, moss, thickets and many other plants. It becomes shady, but not dark. However the density of the trees and thickness of the undergrowth cuts visibility down to around 50 feet. The forest is eerily silent at first, but then you start to hear all the normal woodland sounds. it's almost as if someone at first forgot that yes there was indeed sounds in forests.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 440 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Sat 22 Feb 2014
at 23:50
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil watched intently for the forest and then reared back despite himself when the forest suddenly appeared. A grin split his face and he looked at his team. "So, we go now, yes?"
Tamalie
 player, 324 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sun 23 Feb 2014
at 00:27
Re: Festival Day 2
Finding the sudden growth of trees to be quite an amazing feat, the druid just watched with her jaw dropping open. It slowly turned to a smile as she checked for the reactions from her friends. She looked at them, and then pointed at the field, as if she couldn't believe it.

"Wow."


She finds this really exciting, and starts to join Dustil, ready to move out.
Aden Bero
 player, 508 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Sun 23 Feb 2014
at 17:17
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden shook his head, impressed by the magical marvels of the arena.  "Ready when you lot are.  Safia?" Aden prepared to pair off with the warrior, armed with his crossbow and buckler.

He shifted his visor down over his eyes, activating it to test the heat vision in this environment.  Hopefully he'd be able to pick up heat readings from the mercenaries and predators, so that they were less likely to be caught off guard.  He expected their range would be limited by the foliage, but that they should still be beneficial for creatures in the near vicinity.  "So we stay within 40' of one another, keeping a triangle formation?  That way we never lose sight of each other."

"And maybe one of us should climb a tree, try and get a look of the whole battlefield?  Or should we just make for one of the towers and use that to survey the field?



OOC: Are the two towers close enough to fire on each other?

This message was last edited by the player at 17:21, Sun 23 Feb 2014.

Mr. Main
 GM, 684 posts
Mon 24 Feb 2014
at 00:23
Re: Festival Day 2
OOC: you cannot see the towers and the forest seems so complete that you can't even see the arena anymore. All you know is that at the moment it's just your group and the forest, supposedly full of predator, all around you.
Aden Bero
 player, 509 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Mon 24 Feb 2014
at 01:29
Re: Festival Day 2
Realizing the range of his crossbow doesn't matter, Aden straps the crossbow back to his pack, and instead draws a javelin.  He could do more damage with one, and it was perfect for this range.
Morien
 player, 383 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Mon 24 Feb 2014
at 07:56
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien's breathing came out like a hiss as the forest popped up around him, along with the foliage. As the greenery touched his armor, pieces of it began to wither and turn brown.

 He took several steps forward, drawing his greatsword as he did so. "I am sorry you all must witness this. I wanted the blizzard partly so that none of you would need to..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...FGemJn8JMANpkGTAcB2k

 He took a deep breath before letting it out. Once more the whispers began around him. Faces shimmered into and out of existence around him, occasionally mingling with the weeping and cries of condemned souls.

 He reached to his hip and began to blow on the ram's horn. The eerie sound mixed with the whispers as a skeleton dressed in leather armor and an iron helm, wielding a rusty greataxe burst forth from the ground, slowly pulling itself up from the soil.

 Morien rolled his shoulders as he hefted his greatsword, swinging it violently as he slashed his way through the undergrowth. His breathing continued to hiss as he exhaled, his posture and movements becoming increasingly aggressive. The group could see around his body a faintly reddish pulsing aura that extended to his sword.

 When he spoke, his voice was guttural and filled with the promise of violence and bloodshed. Morien's intent to kill had become a palpable thing. "Keep your distance from me and I will lead the way to the tower."

 He began moving forward, alternating between slashing plants and grabbing them with his hand cloaked in darkness, withering them away and tearing them from their moorings.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 443 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Tue 25 Feb 2014
at 00:27
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil couldn't help it. He recoiled slightly back when Morien raised the skeleton. He composed himself soon after, and tried to push it from his mind. He would have preferred a blizzard over that, personally.

He took a small drink from his large flask and sighed. He then moved forward off a bit to Morien's right.
Aden Bero
 player, 511 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 25 Feb 2014
at 01:55
Re: Festival Day 2
ooc: good tunes Morien

Aden watched Morien animate the corpse, a grim smile on the oracle's face. "And here I was feeling bad he didn't have a partner."

He stalked off to the left with Safia.
Aden Bero
 player, 513 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Tue 25 Feb 2014
at 04:41
Re: Festival Day 2
He called out as an after-thought.  "Morien, predators set traps sometimes." Part of him hoped Morien led cautiously.

But another side of Aden hoped he didn't.
Mr. Main
 GM, 686 posts
Tue 25 Feb 2014
at 23:41
Re: Festival Day 2
Morien's Horn sounds true and after a bit is answered by a couple roars or other calls. OOC: knowledge nature or survival check to try and ID the calls.

OOC: ok so everyone make survival checks to know where you are going. The sudden appearance of the forest has thrown off your sense of direction. basically suddenly all this crap appeared and you can no longer see or remember where the arena wall was or where the cottage is. also you need to make survival or acrobatics checks to move unhindered through the forest. (why acrobatics? being nimble enough to more adeptly move around and through the obstacles where as the survival check is based upon knowing where to step as an experienced woodsman deal.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 444 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Wed 26 Feb 2014
at 00:28
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil reared back a bit again as he heard things 'answering' Morien's horn blow. "Oh crap! Thanks fer lettin' 'em all know where we ARE!" But he let out a little laugh and grinned.

He glanced at his 'partner' Tamalie and grinned. He was glad to be able to move with her, though he liked Safia as well and Aden was awesome. He looked back at the woods and starting bounding stealthily off into it.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:07, Wed 26 Feb 2014.

Tamalie
 player, 326 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Wed 26 Feb 2014
at 01:00
Re: Festival Day 2
Seeing the skeleton animate around a soul, she couldn't help but stare, and then as they disappeared into the forest, she turns to Dustil, offering quietly, "That can't be good."

Walking into the forest, she's confident, and walks securely and lightly. The Half Elf doesn't find the terrain difficult, but rather comfortable. She almost wishes this were outside of the city, where she could really relax and let her guard down.
Morien
 player, 387 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Wed 26 Feb 2014
at 02:20
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien grumbled to himself as he forged through the woods. He was not particularly agile in his heavy armor, but he could see places where he could step to avoid danger. Unfortunately, he had no idea what kinds of creatures were out there... which only made him grumble more. "Stupid forest! Worst. Idea. Ever!"

20:17, Today: Morien rolled 20 using 1d20+1. survival.

20:17, Today: Morien rolled 4 using 1d20-1. acrobatics.

20:19, Today: Morien rolled 4 using 1d20+1. survival, ID calls.
Aden Bero
 player, 514 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Wed 26 Feb 2014
at 04:27
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden smiled at Safia as they heard Morien crash up ahead. He honestly couldn't help but be excited. Here was a chance to show their abilities as a team, in front of a huge crowd.
Mr. Main
 GM, 688 posts
Fri 28 Feb 2014
at 05:27
Re: Festival Day 2
Morien angrily hacks and slashes his way though the undergrowth heading off in a direction his undead minion following behind him... OOC: everyone make perception, knowledge nature or survival checks.  choose one. If you get a 20 or better you are not caught surprised.

Morien whirls his blade and is about to strike a vine when the undergrowth around everyone suddenly springs to life and two large heavy vines lash out. One strikes and then wraps around morien's undead minion the minion takes 14 damage and is grappled the second one swipes at morien Morien if you are surprised the attack will land, deal you 13 damage and you will be grappled. If you are not surprised the attack misses.

For everyone else if you are surprised you are caught in an entangle spell. if you are not then you manage not to be caught by it. Please roll initiative as well.
Dustil Kraye
 player, 446 posts
 You must clear your thou-
 Hey, is that beer??
Fri 28 Feb 2014
at 05:41
Re: Festival Day 2
Dustil was moving along somewhat silently and very nimbly. Morien, however, was a like a bulldog in a china shop. And he seemed angry...was it just about the team not going with his plan or something else? Suddenly everything erupted around them and Dustil barely had time to move out of the way of a spell like one Tamalie would throw up.

22:31, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 29 using 1d20+10. Surprise or not suprise?
22:32, Today: Dustil Kraye rolled 15 using 1d20+3. Initiative.

Aden Bero
 player, 516 posts
 Crazy Hair Mr. Clever
Fri 28 Feb 2014
at 06:57
Re: Festival Day 2
Aden had gone from smiling to realizing whatever roared in the distance sounded large and angry.  He knew which direction was north, and the general center of the arena, and was just about to make sure Morien knew where he was going.  And then grass and undergrowth around him springs to life, wrapping and entangling him.

00:46, Today: Aden Bero rolled 11 using 1d20+4. initiative.
00:45, Today: Aden Bero rolled 11 using 1d20+4. perception.

Morien
 player, 388 posts
 The Frost Lord
 Cometh
Fri 28 Feb 2014
at 11:36
Re: Festival Day 2
 Morien's companion crumbled to dust almost instantly as the vines crushed it. Morien's rage seemed to grant him an almost preternatural awareness of his surroundings and he snarled in rage, spreading his arms wide.

 The faint wails around him erupted into a cacophony of screams as the faint faces took physical forms. Spirits and spectres seemed to crawl out from beneath the plates of his armor, flying out in a wave of soul numbing energy in an attempt to wither and kill all life within 30ft of him.

 Morien snarled and the cursed spirits seemed to respond. After travelling to the edge of the 30ft radius, they began to swirl aroung him in a tightening pattern before they were all drawn, clawing and screaming, back into the armor once more. Morien exhaled with a hiss as the last of the spirits was drawn back within the armor.

05:27, Today: Morien rolled 17 using 1d20+2. initiave.
05:29, Today: Morien rolled 22 using 1d20+2. perception.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:37, Fri 28 Feb 2014.

Tamalie
 player, 327 posts
 HP 19/27 AC 15
 F16 R14 W18
Sat 1 Mar 2014
at 03:16
Re: Festival Day 2
Moving out of the way quickly, the suddenness of the vines, and growth isn't something she would have thought be used against her, but something she was intending to use on the enemy. But she's not surprised by the wriggling vines, and steps over to avoid them.